Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

In PvP warrior was completly fine and is still fine

Grimkram [sS]

Is warrior REALLY sucking that hard ? o_o

in Warrior

Posted by: Regh.8649

Regh.8649

A warrior is a warrior against all odds, strip me from my strenght, my weapons, my armor, knock my will to the ground, mock me, laught at me, nerf me, but i’ll never give ONE step back even if shivering in fear… I’ll face my oponent(s) even if certain death awaits me…. and you wont see me crying over what I chose to be.

I’ll laught in the face of death.

Either Blood legion brain washed or a bit emotional here haha

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Anyone that tells you warrior that the profession is subpar has no idea what they’re talking about. Sure, we’re not top damage, but that’s not as important as the buffs we bring to groups. Banners are fantastic, and I find myself often running a Phalanx build to help give my team 25 stacks of might.

Riiiiiiiight.

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

It could be worse, we could be rangers who in PvE have better dps than warriors but worse buffs and have basically no place in the meta team comp.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Amiron.1067

Amiron.1067

Anyone that tells you warrior that the profession is subpar has no idea what they’re talking about. Sure, we’re not top damage, but that’s not as important as the buffs we bring to groups. Banners are fantastic, and I find myself often running a Phalanx build to help give my team 25 stacks of might.

Riiiiiiiight.

1.) Witty Response? check (albeit hardly humorous)
2.) One word response with no logic or reasoning? check

Congratulations! You meet the qualifications for the title of forum troll!

(edited by Amiron.1067)

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Riiiiiiiight.

Actually I think his point is pretty clear.

Based on your message history, it seems you just came back into the game, which explain why you seems surprised.

Basically for PvE, the only reason for bring warrior is banner. Phalanx is generally only for pugs, since Ele can stack 25 stack much better. Warrior is also one of the last place in terms of dps. So yeah warrior is still very much in demand for pugs, or casual play. But in a pretty bad shape in terms of top level play. This is why your comment of “Anyone that tells you warrior that the profession is subpar has no idea what they’re talking about” is so ironic.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Warrior

Amiron.1067

Riiiiiiiight.

Based on your message history, it seems you just came back into the game, which explain why you seems surprised.

Basically for PvE, the only reason for bring warrior is banner. Phalanx is generally only for pugs, since Ele can stack 25 stack much better. Warrior is also one of the last place in terms of dps. So yeah warrior is still very much in demand for pugs, or casual play. But in a pretty bad shape in terms of top level play. This is why your comment of “Anyone that tells you warrior that the profession is subpar has no idea what they’re talking about” is so ironic.

What’s ironic is you’re basing how often I play the game on my forum history. There are other places to talk about the game, you know (Reddit, GW2Guru, etc.) I hardly visit the forums due to the nature of the people in it.

I’m not surprised, nor am I wrong. The warrior profession is in fifth place with damage, not even dead last, and there are people here claiming that this profession is terrible, as if their banners/boons are an afterthought. Sure, if you’re looking for the top end optimal speed run dungeon clear, there are probably certain comps that fill more niche gameplay. But for your average joe running AC explorable for his daily gold, he doesn’t need to reroll his class just to run it a minute faster as an elementalist or thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Its one of the top 5 best profession in pvp right now, so its not that bad of a place. The problem with Warrior is that ppl use to play a lot of GS, but it got nerf bad. Ppl just have a hard time trying other weapons I guess.

For PvE, Warrior are pretty much buff/banner kitten only now. But they are really good at that lol.

Just wondering.. What 3 classes are out of your top 5?

Necromancers : They don’t cleave, they have good burst and instant, but not good sustain dps.
Mesmer : They can have higher DPS, but that rely on reflect and if they can keep 3 phantasms. So if technically they can have higher DPS isn’t not as reliable as other profession.
Guardian : Since september, they are really close to Warrior, but Guardian vs Warrior in term of dps depend on the situation. If the Guardian have Aegis and the Warrior don’t have adrenaline the Guardian will probably have a better dps. But most of the time the Warrior is able to have adrenaline rather quicly and the guardian will use Aegis to keep his team alive. But they are both really close to each other.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

bigmonto.4215

Riiiiiiiight.

What’s ironic is you’re basing how often I play the game on my forum history. There are other places to talk about the game, you know (Reddit, GW2Guru, etc.) I hardly visit the forums due to the nature of the people in it.

I’m not surprised, nor am I wrong. The warrior profession is in fifth place with damage, not even dead last, and there are people here claiming that this profession is terrible, as if their banners/boons are an afterthought. Sure, if you’re looking for the top end optimal speed run dungeon clear, there are probably certain comps that fill more niche gameplay. But for your average joe running AC explorable for his daily gold, he doesn’t need to reroll his class just to run it a minute faster as an elementalist or thief.

What’s even more ironic is that it seems you are one of those people whose nature you don’t like. Keep in mind you are the first one saying someone “has no idea what they’re talking about”. I am only trying to explain why people might make a comment like “Riiiiight”. If you already know, then why ask for a “logic or reasoning”?

If you are only talking about casual runs or pug games, then who cares. This is a casual game by nature. Every single profession is in good spot in that case.

in Warrior

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Jesus christ, people run PVT and expect to outdps zerker builds of other classes. Are you kidding me? Warrior has really high power scaling and naturally high armor and health. Low dps? Try any other melee/low ranged class in the game except perhaps thief and the DPS is even lower. Maybe guardian is equal, I don’t know exactly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t know exactly.

Then if you dont know, why you even taking voice? Silence is gold. Unless you wanted to troll, then its okay

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Try any other melee/low ranged class in the game except perhaps thief and the DPS is even lower. Maybe guardian is equal, I don’t know exactly.

If you don’t know, don’t say.

Any other class in the game except thief that have more dps than Warrior? Elementalist, Rangers and Engineer. Guardian is pretty similar, but a bit lower in most situation than Warrior. Mesmer is usually less dps than warrior but for long fight where the mesmer can keep up 3 phantasms and reflect stuff he will have higher dps than warrior (but that rarely happen).

in Warrior

bigmonto.4215

Try any other melee/low ranged class in the game except perhaps thief and the DPS is even lower. Maybe guardian is equal, I don’t know exactly.

If you don’t know, don’t say.

Any other class in the game except thief that have more dps than Warrior? Elementalist, Rangers and Engineer. Guardian is pretty similar, but a bit lower in most situation than Warrior. Mesmer is usually less dps than warrior but for long fight where the mesmer can keep up 3 phantasms and reflect stuff he will have higher dps than warrior (but that rarely happen).

Fully buffed, Guardian is higher, always been higher.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Amiron.1067 why would you expect me to respond differently when you’re condescending me. xD

I find it pretty amusing for you to be claiming that I don’t know what I’m talking about. There’s no sense in trying to reason with somebody that introduces themselves like that, so the only sensible reaction would be something like “yeah, you go ahead and think that…” or “whatever helps you sleep at night…” or “riiiiight…” etc.

My statements about warrior being terrible are of my own opinion, but the reasons I gave for it being terrible are factual and based off of things that actually happened in the past year.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

hi guys…what are your thoughts on something like this? I wanted something tanky but with decent damage…what do you reckon?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJEQNAneRjMdU4ZZHOewJaAmgCdnPBfwx0OAU+EVBA-TVCBwAGV+B6QAwT9nGHIAJKBBcEAIu/gK9BJM/RKAmEGB-w

in Warrior

Amiron.1067

Riiiiiiiight.

What’s even more ironic is that it seems you are one of those people whose nature you don’t like. Keep in mind you are the first one saying someone “has no idea what they’re talking about”. I am only trying to explain why people might make a comment like “Riiiiight”. If you already know, then why ask for a “logic or reasoning”?

If you are only talking about casual runs or pug games, then who cares. This is a casual game by nature. Every single profession is in good spot in that case.

I hereby apologize that I believe some people have no understanding of terrible. But at this point, it’s a completely unrelated topic to the original post.

People here claiming that a profession is subpar will likely scare them off from what is otherwise an enjoyable and perfectly viable profession. I’m not going to lie and tell them that Warriors are the best at damage, because they’re not. But to tell them they’re terrible? That’s a hyperbole if I’ve ever heard one.

My statements about warrior being terrible are of my own opinion, but the reasons I gave for it being terrible are factual and based off of things that actually happened in the past year.

You’re right! It is your opinion to make that claim, just as much as it is mine to say otherwise. Your “facts” can be interpreted differently.

Need I remind any of the hardcore players here that if you’re truly hardcore, you’d know that DPS matters far less than what team buffs a profession brings to the table. Necros, some of the lowest sustained DPS right now, would instantly replace Warriors should they gain the ability to use banners, even if their DPS was lower.

If you want to keep staring at outright DPS, by all means, you’re correct.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I take a couple months off, come back, and still find out nothing has really changed in how Warriors are still being perceived. Cool.

To answer the OP’s question. No, warriors are not ‘sucking’. We, like other professions, have quite a few tricks up our sleeves for our use only, making us still wanted in groups.

Sadly, DPS is not one of them anymore. In fact, due to various mechanic nerfs (especially you OOC adrenaline depletion) as a whole Warriors lost a lot of power. But I suppose it’s fine because banners right?

….In the current state of the PvE game (I don’t think we need to really establish how Warriors are in PvP or WvW, things are complicated there), sadly DPS does in fact rank extremely high in usability over class utility itself. You don’t see three guardians in speed-clearing groups for instance, despite being able to have some sort of permablock rotation going because it would be slower than picking up two thieves and a guardian.

In much the same manner, after continuing to be hit hard again and again and being put in the bottom half of DPS classes for PvE, it would not be surprising to start seeing warriors not be in real solid dungeon comps for the ideal, much in line with how necros are perceived. (Thinking on it, were we ever in hardcore speed run comps? Wasn’t it two thieves, mes, ele and guardian the typical setup?)

But hey, at least we are now consistently ok. Just like the Necros, just like the engineers (wait I believe A-Net is really trying to help them out).

I cannot wait for the day where I join a group for a simple AC speedrun, and get kicked for being a warrior. It will be glorious.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Need I remind any of the hardcore players here that if you’re truly hardcore, you’d know that DPS matters far less than what team buffs a profession brings to the table. Necros, some of the lowest sustained DPS right now, would instantly replace Warriors should they gain the ability to use banners, even if their DPS was lower.

Kitten banner man, banner is the dumbest, most boring skill i’ve ever seen.
Like seriously, what the hell does it bring to the game play.
And we have to rely on this to remain viable? what?

Yea dude, Group buff is far more valuable, cool, keep nerfing us in other way, we will always be viable cuz banner, gg!

Why they don’t just freaking make a warrior bot that will do the exact same thing of deploying banners all over the place, like why do they even need a real player to do this kitten.

When will they finally realize it and remove this kitten already.

And who the hell cares about DPS, if we actually get to have good group utilities. but no, we got nothing but freaking banner and stupid shout that doesnt do shet either and thanks to these kitten banners we get nothing! yea, dude, deloying banners is so fun!

jesus, sure go on, say warrior is fine because it’s not the worse and have stupid banners, don’t QQ about why is no one defending warrior when warrior completely hit the ground like it did back in 2013 pvp.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

jesus, sure go on, say warrior is fine because it’s not the worse and have stupid banners, don’t QQ about why is no one defending warrior when warrior completely hit the ground like it did back in 2013 pvp.

This. I will be visiting these forums and trolling anyone asking for buffs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I don’t run banners or zerker at the moment.
I join speedruns pug groups and we do just fine.
I don’t join groups that ask for zerker because I am not zerker.

I still run into mainly war groups for PvE.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

That’s not true now, and has never been true.

You’re a real asset. You bring low personal dps and no party buffs. What does being carried feel like?

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Warrior used to do about 20% more dmg than guardian (25% UC uptime) before the September patch. So even with 100% UC uptime you couldn’t get more dps than the warrior. There was the 4/5/0/0/5 build with 100% UC uptime AND all boons that could have higher dps than the warrior, but that’s even more impractical.

Now i’m not sure about the exact impact on the Warrior dps from the september patch, but it only hurt the Warrior when he lose his adrenaline between fight, otherwise he only lost about 2-3% dps. Now the guardian have a better chance to have higher dps than a warrior, but it’s still pretty rare. If the warrior can maintain Adrenaline between fight and the Guardian have 100% uptime UC, then yes he will have higher dps, but that never happen. And if it does, then you didn’t a guardian since aegis didn’t block anything and you should bring an Elementalist instead.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Exactly, you are only viable because of those 2 little utilites.
At the same way a ranger is only viable because of Spotter and Spirit, a guardian because of stability and WoR and a Mesmer because of portal and feedback.

I prefer a warrior who is dps wise a bit below the average but part of the meta, though because of his support ablities. I don’t like beeing a dps king who drops out of meta because he is not needed in groups.

That banners are designed poorly and don’t bring anything to the gameplay experience is a completly different topic.
This would be a topic about warrior design and not whether the warrior sucks or not.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

You’re a real asset. You bring low personal dps and no party buffs. What does being carried feel like?

Oddly enough my shoulders get really tired from all the zerks who are so good at the game that they wall stack and can’t dodge.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

Oddly enough my shoulders get really tired from all the zerks who are so good at the game that they wall stack and can’t dodge.

If you’re good at dodging why do you want tanky gear? Just wondering what is the appeal of having passive stats that you aren’t using is? I’m sure you carry really hard. Please post a video of you solo’ing lupicus after the bad zerkers in your team die, I’d love to see it.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

That’s not Oddly. Bad players are bad whatever their build is. Tanky build like you run is just more forgiving for bad player (not saying you are a bad player here). Your build is safe, but don’t bring much to the team other than that. Its not a bad thing if you like that, but i prefer challenge myself, this game isn’t that challenging to begin with (its 2 years old content after all).

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

That’s not Oddly. Bad players are bad whatever their build is. Tanky build like you run is just more forgiving for bad player (not saying you are a bad player here). Your build is safe, but don’t bring much to the team other than that. Its not a bad thing if you like that, but i prefer challenge myself, this game isn’t that challenging to begin with (its 2 years old content after all).

Celestial is not all that tanky. 4/7 of your stats are devoted to damage. You actually have more raw stat points devoted to damage than zerker. Power precision ferocity just combos better than power precision ferocity condition damage. That and power is the most important damage stat.

I’ve been practicing it because I feel like the Mordrem’s AOE condi spam plus tough bark is going to break the zerker meta.

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

Celestial is not all that tanky. 4/7 of your stats are devoted to damage. You actually have more raw stat points devoted to damage than zerker. Power precision ferocity just combos better than power precision ferocity condition damage. That and power is the most important damage stat.

I’ve been practicing it because I feel like the Mordrem’s AOE condi spam plus tough bark is going to break the zerker meta.

More raw stats? Full ascended zerker give you 1087 power + 745 precision + 745 ferocity for a total of 2577pts in dmg. Celestial give you 499pts in power, precision, ferocity and condition. 4 × 499 = 1996pts. Last time I checked 2577 is higher than 1996.

Celestial is tankier than zerker so you have more place for error. Tankier doesn’t mean full tank, its just mean that you have more defensive points and that your situation.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Warrior —> Support class.

How sad it is.

@Thaddeus: You’re looking at celestial/zerker pve, not pvp. Celestial/zerker stats are different in pvp. Of course, marth is referring to pve as well, but I don’t know why anyone would use celestial in pve in the first place…
As far as tough bark goes, going rampager stats would be far better.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

More raw stats? Full ascended zerker give you 1087 power + 745 precision + 745 ferocity for a total of 2577pts in dmg. Celestial give you 499pts in power, precision, ferocity and condition. 4 × 499 = 1996pts. Last time I checked 2577 is higher than 1996.

Celestial is tankier than zerker so you have more place for error. Tankier doesn’t mean full tank, its just mean that you have more defensive points and that your situation.

Oops I didn’t add the other 745 pfff (thought my math was off)
Still that is 77.45% as much damage stats.

(edited by Marthkus.4615)

in Warrior

Thaddeus.4891

@Thaddeus: You’re looking at celestial/zerker pve, not pvp. Celestial/zerker stats are different in pvp. Of course, marth is referring to pve as well, but I don’t know why anyone would use celestial in pve in the first place…

No he’s talking about celestial in PvE not PvP. Here :

Mordrem’s AoE? That’s pretty much PvE.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Celestial… on a warrior… in dungeons…

Pls no.

Attachments:

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

Celestial… on a warrior… in dungeons…

Pls no.

I sense doubt.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

That’s what I said. Only stating why celestial is so good in pvp, and yet so crappy in pve.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

That’s what I said. Only stating why celestial is so good in pvp, and yet so crappy in pve.

It’s good in PvP because the difference in Ferocity between Berserker Amulet and Celestial Amulet is small. And because thanks to intelligence sigils the lower precision is mostly irrelevant. You do lose a lot of power, but thanks to the Strength rune meta that isn’t a huge deal either. So you essentially trade away none of your direct damage abilities and gain lots of tankiness and condi pressure. In PvE the stat gap between full celestial and berserkers ferocity is a lot wider and the tanky stats and condi stats are wasted points.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Exactly, you are only viable because of those 2 little utilites.
At the same way a ranger is only viable because of Spotter and Spirit, a guardian because of stability and WoR and a Mesmer because of portal and feedback.

I prefer a warrior who is dps wise a bit below the average but part of the meta, though because of his support ablities. I don’t like beeing a dps king who drops out of meta because he is not needed in groups.

That banners are designed poorly and don’t bring anything to the gameplay experience is a completly different topic.
This would be a topic about warrior design and not whether the warrior sucks or not.

No, warrior design is also part of warrior sucks or not, just like DPS is also a part of warrior design and every single skill, every part of warrior is a warrior design.

a poor design will make something suck.

Also like i would care if it’s only two boring skill that make us viable, if we got fun utilities like portal, water field, smoke field, group reflection, boon rip, blink to pull out cool combos, two phased skills, w/e you name it.
like i would even care if these skills are viable or not, i would use the hell out of them.
But no, we got nothing but stupid banners, shouts that does almost nothing, signets that’s completely passive that you would never use,physical skills amazing but works just like weapon skills but with close to no damage and useless and stance which is the only good thing warrior has but completely selfish.

it’s like every single boring skill warrior have is justified because of banners make warrior good (on top of already justifying warrior doing shet damage), that doesnt even make sense.

other classes can trait heavily in to one type of skills to make them amazing on top of cool functions they had.
but what warrior has? the most(best) functionality a warrior can trait for utility is shout with two trait and one rune, and that’s a freaking AoE heal and condi remove, wth? not like shouts ever did anything amazing other then having a low CD so you can AoE heal off CD spam even more ! i guess warrior is just combat nurse right?

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

dominik.9721

So spotter + spirit from Ranger or vulnerability from engineer is so much more exciting than banners?

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

I recant. Pumping tons of vulnerability on the mobs while giving 25 stacks of might to allies makes it WAY easier to carry a party.

Now I am interested to see how the numbers look with celestial stats hmmmm.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

So spotter + spirit from Ranger or vulnerability from engineer is so much more exciting than banners?

Did you even read, as long as they have other interesting skills, i wouldn’t even care if they are viable or not. I wouldn’t even care if it’s banner the only thing that makes warrior banner, if we have other skills.

Engineer have so many more stuff to do, while vulnerability stacking like completely background done passively. like i wouldn’t even care if engi can’t stack vulnerability, because i do just do so much things and carry bad teamates with those.

Ranger is probably the only class that can compete with warrior in terms of bad game play but still more interesting then warrior in terms of mechanics and utilities.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

I recant. Pumping tons of vulnerability on the mobs while giving 25 stacks of might to allies makes it WAY easier to carry a party.

Now I am interested to see how the numbers look with celestial stats hmmmm.

These numbers are for Elementalist but the percentages should be about the same for any class.

http://dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/13496842-berserker-vs-celestial-in-pve

Celestial is almost 30% worse dps than berserker in pve.

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

That is not too bad. It’ll be interesting to see if the new content rewards the additional tankyness better than the faster clear.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

That is not too bad. It’ll be interesting to see if the new content rewards the additional tankyness better than the faster clear.

You don’t get it.

All of the content in this game – people struggled with at first because they didn’t know how to do it. It’s been over 2 years since and we know all of the attack patterns, all of the locations that mobs spawn, the exact behaviors of them. That is why we don’t need to run around with tank stats.

Good players learn, adapt and improve. If you remain in celestial gear, you’re not a good player. You’re stubborn and narrowminded for thinking that berserker suddenly won’t be the best set to use anymore. It’s by design the best set to use as long as the enemy can be crit.

The only possible way that berserker won’t be the best is if the enemy in question can’t be crit, and even then the best option would be soldiers, not celestial.

No matter what way you look at it, celestial is bad in PvE. There’s no use arguing otherwise.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Did you even read, as long as they have other interesting skills, i wouldn’t even care if they are viable or not. I wouldn’t even care if it’s banner the only thing that makes warrior banner, if we have other skills.

Engineer have so many more stuff to do, while vulnerability stacking like completely background done passively. like i wouldn’t even care if engi can’t stack vulnerability, because i do just do so much things and carry bad teamates with those.

Ranger is probably the only class that can compete with warrior in terms of bad game play but still more interesting then warrior in terms of mechanics and utilities.

Saying you don’t even care about 100 times doesn’t enhance anything.

You are arguing that the warrior sucks because his key strenght depends on 2 little utilities.
You state that all the other skills like shouts or physical skills are to neglect because they don’t matter in PvE and don’t have any impact or use there.
Further, you consider banners boring and brainless.

I told you that classes like rangers, engineers or mesmers are exactly in the same position because they actually have also only 2 skill that make them viable.

Now you are telling me that this arguement is invalid because they have more options. Well , ye they have… but at the same way all the other warrior’s abilities have no use in PvE, all the other abilities from Mesmer / Ranger have no use as well.
If you neglect all skill selection options from the warrior you have also to do the same
with reference to other classes.

Not to mention, that the last patch had absolutly no impact on the gameplay,design or whatever.
So after more over 2 years it seems a bit late to complain about the design of the warrior. If you have noticed that you don’t like it you should take quitting warrior into consideration.

And I pretty much don’t care that you even don’t care

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Also about the thing people keep saying like “but ranger blahblahblah”

I don’t understand the logic behind it, like at all

One bad design does not justify the existence of another bad design, sure ranger is also bad then go make suggestion and complaints in that section of the forum, this is a warrior section, k thanks bye.

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

You don’t get it.

All of the content in this game – people struggled with at first because they didn’t know how to do it. It’s been over 2 years since and we know all of the attack patterns, all of the locations that mobs spawn, the exact behaviors of them. That is why we don’t need to run around with tank stats.

Good players learn, adapt and improve. If you remain in celestial gear, you’re not a good player. You’re stubborn and narrowminded for thinking that berserker suddenly won’t be the best set to use anymore. It’s by design the best set to use as long as the enemy can be crit.

The only possible way that berserker won’t be the best is if the enemy in question can’t be crit, and even then the best option would be soldiers, not celestial.

No matter what way you look at it, celestial is bad in PvE. There’s no use arguing otherwise.

I don’t see where poor game design is not something that could change in the new expansion.

Less predictable dump AI would kill zerker. That is why zerker is not the meta in PvP.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

You don’t get it.

I don’t see where poor game design is not something that could change in the new expansion.

Less predictable dump AI would kill zerker. That is why zerker is not the meta in PvP.

1. You say its bad game design, but thats an opinion rather than a statement of fact. I could easily argue that the current system which rewards skill and experience and punishes the opposite promotes exactly the correct things and is an example of good game design. Based on your posts you come across like one of the many people who are new to the game, don’t understand it, yet feel comfortable making sweeping statements and proposing grand redesigns. Have a little humility and understand that you’re no where near experienced enough to even offer educated guesses, let alone making definitive pronouncements.

2. Better AI is still AI. Every system can and will be mastered. New AI would catch good players off guard for a small period of time, but then through repetition we would solve it and defeat it with the same ease we do now. In the hands of good players berserkers will still be the best. As far as what’s meta in PvP that isn’t relevant and a few posts back I explained to you why celestial is meta in PvP. Either you ignored it or it contradicted your theories so you conveniently ignored it.

in Warrior

Marthkus.4615

2. Better AI is still AI. Every system can and will be mastered. New AI would catch good players off guard for a small period of time, but then through repetition we would solve it and defeat it with the same ease we do now

In the world of AI, we would call that bad AI.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

2. Better AI is still AI. Every system can and will be mastered. New AI would catch good players off guard for a small period of time, but then through repetition we would solve it and defeat it with the same ease we do now

Name me any game with “good al”. Im waiting master.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Name me any game with “good al”. Im waiting master.

Alien Isolation!

…Sorta, they did a good job on the alien, but the robots could have used some more love.

Going back on track, one of the justifications for why Warriors in general were brought low, and one that I can sort of agree with, is how easy we are to pick up.

I don’t think it is too hard to assume Warriors are probably the most ‘staple’ of the professions in the game. You could argue Elementalist in terms of mages, or Thief in terms of Rogues, but how a warrior plays and how the warrior trope is, we pretty much nailed it. We still are pretty kitten simple.

And rather than give us some depth in a positive direction, the balancing approach apparently went to making our class mechanic, Burst, even more difficult to keep up or use ideally. Would have been cool if we got some nice changes to our other utilities in compensation, like the Physical Skills having an additional effect to make them all practical and not just Bull’s. But instead, easy route, take us down quite a few notches.

…But hey, maybe this is all building up to specializations which everyone else will be getting too. Maybe our specializations will add something to the mix no one really saw coming, hence the ‘aimed shot’ against us in general.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Simon.3794

You don’t get it.

It’s not AI who kept zerkers off PvP meta, it’s other builds like cele engi, cele ele
cele engi have zerker like bursting damage, while still having heavy sustain.

cele ele can out decent power damage on top of long duration burning which simply eat most zerkers alive while having insane sustain and protection up time.

sure, there are surely some zerker build who can probably wreck these two builds, but theres thief and mesmer who can reckt other zerkers so much so kept them away from ever being used.

another word, there were only one AI build that was ever in the meta and it was spirit ranger which is no longer viable and spirits do not attack on their own. MM necro and turret engis and SW guard are hot join meta at best.

(edited by Simon.3794)