Is warrior REALLY sucking that hard ? o_o

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

and also theres no point what so ever in being tanky in this game
if you ever played other MMO
some boss fight is solely depend on how good the tank is. the tank miss a stun/interrupt can cause a team of 7 people wipe. if the tank didn’t get his rotation good and the boss moved his attention to other players, it can be also dangerous.

but theres no point in this game, if ever this game will introduce some kind of aggro system so tanks can aggro bosses then maybe we will consider tanks skillful and useful.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

Its one of the top 5 best profession in pvp right now, so its not that bad of a place. The problem with Warrior is that ppl use to play a lot of GS, but it got nerf bad. Ppl just have a hard time trying other weapons I guess.

For PvE, Warrior are pretty much buff/banner kitten only now. But they are really good at that lol.

Statistics plz and warriors are pigeonholed to GS because all the other weps are lame and dont work with each other. We need the GS. Sword is another option but that lacks dmg.

The class can be easily countered and doesn’t have much going for it atm. Yet they keep nerfing it for no reason. The pve HB nerf hit pvp pretty hard and the whirl nerf as well.

We went from being a source of dmg to being the partys waterboy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Alien Isolation!

And yet people managed to speedrun it without deaths and so on..Seems its not that hard at this point

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Statistics plz and warriors are pigeonholed to GS because all the other weps are lame and dont work with each other. We need the GS. Sword is another option but that lacks dmg.

What do you mean statistics?

Don’t work with each other? Longbow work great with both Warhorn and Hammer for firefield+blast. Longbow + Sword work great for firefield+leap.

Sword lack dmg if you are bad with it. If you use soldier gear with sword yes it will be terrible, but if you using celestial gear + might stack you have a good amount of bleeding and direct dmg to keep pressure. And if you land your final trust with sigil of intelligence when the guy have less than 50%, its will be one of the most devastating attack in PvP.

Sword, Axe and Hammer all do better job than GS in PvP. But of course, its all about what ppl are comfortable with, so ya some ppl do better with GS. Doesn’t mean that GS is a better weapon.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: Dartanis.8205

Dartanis.8205

Some of the posts in this thread..wow. Warriors have not been in a “bad spot” since beta. Go play a class that gets nerfed every patch then see how “balanced” warriors are.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Some of the posts in this thread..wow. Warriors have not been in a “bad spot” since beta. Go play a class that gets nerfed every patch then see how “balanced” warriors are.

You mean like thief? who has being in a good spot since forever in all three mode?
or elementalist who has been god tier pvp and pve for ages? while maintaining fun factors?

cool story bro.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Nobody played elementalist in top tier pvp before the celestial / might buff , just saying.

But with thiefs you’re right. Everyone complains about previous thief nerfs, allthough they’re still part of the meta in all 3 game modes.

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Warrior has been nerfed pretty much every patch. More so than any other class.

Also, warriors were garbage during beta. They’re not terrible now, but they’re a nerf or two away from that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Go play a class that gets nerfed every patch then see how “balanced” warriors are.

We already are. That’s why we’re posting about it on this thread.

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Nobody played elementalist in top tier pvp before the celestial / might buff , just saying.

But with thiefs you’re right. Everyone complains about previous thief nerfs, allthough they’re still part of the meta in all 3 game modes.

Sorry buddy, back in 2013, dd eles were god tier with 2 per team in top tournament.
reason why later they became unviable tpvp.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

dominik.9721

m8, don’t try to inform me about pvp meta pls.
And now think about why they became unviable…. >>>>celestial<<<<…
;)

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

m8, don’t try to inform me about pvp meta pls.
And now think about why they became unviable…. >>>>celestial<<<<…
;)

What are you talking about, ele did not use celestial back then…
celestial were never pvp viable before current meta..

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Of course they did and after the nerf we all realized that valkyre is crap with the archana changes.
As I said dont argue about pvp with me pls and especally not about a time I played Pvp very activ on myself

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Of course they did and after the nerf we all realized that valkyre is crap with the archana changes.
As I said dont argue about pvp with me pls and especally not about a time I played Pvp very activ on myself

you just said "after the nerf we all realized that valkyrie is crap.
so it clearly means that you did not use celestial before nerfs but valkyrie, what.
i’m not sure if you are making any sense here.

and no, celestial was never used before buff, it was shet tier amulet.
seems like your experience did not serve you well
or at least you are mixing wvw with pvp
because celestial dd was pretty viable in wvw and still is most likely.
but anet rarely even balance classes because of wvw.
or another possibility is that it’s some kind of hotjoin meta which i did not pay attention to.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

dominik.9721

l2r
Celestial amulete in pvp became crap after the nerf and the archana changes.
At a short notice people played with valkyre and after a while people realized that there are better options. The ele dropped out of meta completly.
-> ele were crap for about 8 months up to the celestial /might buff.

During this time Sheva asked me to play for Boon and he was the only one who still played ele in top tier.
Btw. This time was the raise of the warrior and duable hambow has become popular

However, I see no point in arguing about this topic with sb who never has played tpvp on a serious note.
Not to mention that this is offtopic.

So wish you good luck with complaining bb

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

There was a very brief timeframe where Eles were top, and I mean like, was it a month? It was hardly noticable. I know that when eles were nerfed and brought out of the meta, you would still see a few running around in hotjoins.

I believe the term used by eles complaining back then was that they felt their profession was ‘lackluster for the work they had to put in’.

It’s funny when I think about it, I remember reading one thread saying that they felt as useless as warriors…Oh the good ol’ days.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Simon.3794

l2r
Celestial amulete in pvp became crap after the nerf and the archana changes.
At a short notice people played with valkyre and after a while people realized that there are better options. The ele dropped out of meta completly.
-> ele were crap for about 8 months up to the celestial /might buff.

During this time Sheva asked me to play for Boon and he was the only one who still played ele in top tier.
Btw. This time was the raise of the warrior and duable hambow has become popular

However, I see no point in arguing about this topic with sb who never has played tpvp on a serious note.
Not to mention that this is offtopic.

So wish you good luck with complaining bb

celestial became crap after the nerfs, no dude, celestial was never used, and before the nerfs people were using valkyrie for d/d. i’m not even sure what you talking about, every top dd ele were using valkyrie before nerf, celestial were always crap from the beginning.

good job for almost fooling me tho, but until i got agreement with zoose lol
and who the heck is sheva. i just googled it, some kind of wvw hero right? lul. this is pvp we are talking about, we all knew celestial was viable wvw long time ago.

oh wait, i also have tons of video in high tier tournament show meta dd ele builds, do you have any video of high tournament plays with celestial previous to current meta?
lol no, and you just said it was after the nerf you started to used celestial which also means it never made it in to the meta, so i seriously don’t know if you are making any sense here.

and wth is archana im not sure why you keept saying this word, i thought it was just a mistype, but not until you mentioned it multiple times.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Warrior was fairly garbage in pvp until Cleansing Ire and Berserkers Stance were made into OP anti-condi. Since then warriors have been nerfed in every way EXCEPT the two things that made them OP in the first place.

Anet 1: Buff Berserkers Power and Cleansing Ire and strength runes
Anet 2: Hmmm looks like hammer/longbow warriors are too OP now!
Anet 3: Clearly the solution here… is to nerf Hundred Blades.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

dominik.9721

As I said Simon, people who never have played tpvp on a serious note shouldnt discuss about topics like this. And yes boon sheva was obv a WvW hero.
Funny btw that especally you are calling people wvw heroes, allthough you have been present in every single thread about wvw topics.
Where have you genious been before the leaderboard reset? oO

However maybe you should even start to teamq before you are reffering to it.
Sorry, for beeing german. It’s arcana not archana, shame on me.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcana

Cheers

Warrior was fairly garbage in pvp until Cleansing Ire and Berserkers Stance were made into OP anti-condi. Since then warriors have been nerfed in every way EXCEPT the two things that made them OP in the first place.

That’s anet.
They never have and probably never will strike at the roots of problems

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: LivingLegend.6528

LivingLegend.6528

Hi there i just return to my warrior and heard alot of bad things about warrior. When i left warrior was still ok so what i want to ask is are they still doing ok in pve and wvw? I dont do pvp yah just want to understand more

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Hi there i just return to my warrior and heard alot of bad things about warrior. When i left warrior was still ok so what i want to ask is are they still doing ok in pve and wvw? I dont do pvp yah just want to understand more

Anything can work in any game mode.

In short, it really depends on how you play. If you just want to casually get stuff done… then yeah, it’s fine. Everything is.

If you care about efficiency, pushing your gameplay, competing with others and comparing what your class can do compared to the others and what it used to be able to do… then nah, it’s pretty bad now.

It went from being great to either average or lousy, depending on who you ask.

in Warrior

Posted by: LivingLegend.6528

LivingLegend.6528

Ohhhh….i just play pve contents and wvw. I am not a great warrior just a average joe playing use to be able to dish out big dmg but now i find that the dmg is slightly off and i am not doing as much dmg

in Warrior

Simon.3794

As I said Simon, people who never have played tpvp on a serious note shouldnt discuss about topics like this. And yes boon sheva was obv a WvW hero.
Funny btw that especally you are calling people wvw heroes, allthough you have been present in every single thread about wvw topics.
Where have you genious been before the leaderboard reset? oO

However maybe you should even start to teamq before you are reffering to it.
Sorry, for beeing german. It’s arcana not archana, shame on me.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcana

Cheers

That’s anet.
They never have and probably never will strike at the roots of problems

Lol what, i’ve never ever step even a foot in WvW forum ever
and “people who never have played tpvp on a serious note shouldnt discuss about topics like this.” you are talking about yourself right? i’m glad you said it yourself. don’t even know why you bring a WvW no name in PvP topic to begin with while i already got agreement with zoose on this topic, can you really distinguish properly WvW and PvP, WvW starts with an W and PvP starts with an P.

oh tbh you so curious about my LB? both soloq TQ around top 100 continuously since it was so freaking easy to get that rank if you can play the game decently, not even going to say with soloq best record of top 16. now do you want me to show you my match stats? i’m pretty confident that i will have at least 5x more matches played then you easily. not bragging or anything, just saying since you are so curious about it.
now let’s see yours.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Anyone that hypes up warrior’s sustain, I kek.

http://www.twitch.tv/p3rry_ch/c/4673769

I kek and I kek and I kek.

Perry
But really, against a few uplevels, and that guy hits like a wet noodle. retal killed them, not the skills it seems.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

…..

You know that I checked your teamq rank before the lb reset and it’s still possible to do on sites like millenium. You know this, right?

And Boon Sheva was a member of Read it Backwards [Boon]. Actually you should know this, if you have ever been interested in tpvp.
Maybe I also should give you some article about irony as well, mate.

I can also check your forum history. Not all that long ago you were discussing about Greatsword roaming builds -> top 100 indeed….
What’s your team name btw?
But pls write me ingame or pin me. I guess nobody is interested in our discussion. and it’s oftopic.
Now I’m online btw feel free to pin me

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Warrior is in a good spot.

For spvp shoutbow and hambow are still good
For wvw sw+wh/hammer is still good.
For dungeons the banners are usefull.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

And btw shoutbow is by far the worse build i have seen. I dont even know how it can be meta. Such a junk build, ofc good for cleaning condi but thats about it. For that task ill pick up ele instead tho.

Were down to bot role. Indeed a good spot

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

And btw shoutbow is by far the worse build i have seen. I dont even know how it can be meta. Such a junk build, ofc good for cleaning condi but thats about it. For that task ill pick up ele instead tho.

Banner bot I can agree with.

I wouldn’t put SPvP in the same vein though.

Still, the fact is that overall we are weaker as a playstyle and in power than before.

The only upside is the drastic lack of complaining about us on the forums these days. It’s interesting when we aren’t even considered a threat that people suddenly are ‘OK’ about us, huh?

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Simon.3794

…..

You know that I checked your teamq rank before the lb reset and it’s still possible to do on sites like millenium. You know this, right?

And Boon Sheva was a member of Read it Backwards [Boon]. Actually you should know this, if you have ever been interested in tpvp.
Maybe I also should give you some article about irony as well, mate.

I can also check your forum history. Not all that long ago you were discussing about Greatsword roaming builds -> top 100 indeed….
What’s your team name btw?
But pls write me ingame or pin me. I guess nobody is interested in our discussion. and it’s oftopic.
Now I’m online btw feel free to pin me

You do realize that this isnt even my main account right? try something else
Instead of keep asking my info, what about yours, let’s see your PvP stats before talking

Yea, because you can’t make GS work in PvP, doesnt mean other people can’t
just so you know, i rarely have 10 hours in WvW.

not even going to talk about myself, you and your WvW hero are clearly more experienced in PvP then zoose indeed. /sarcasm.

don’t talk to me or ask even any more account info before you show a respectful pvp states that proves your long time dedication in PvP.

Attachments:

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

dominik.9721

Neither your second acc nor zoose makes you top tier
And Yes I joined a PvE SC guild after I gave up PvP because my Team has quitted Gw2.
Fact of the matter is that this answer

You mean like thief? who has being in a good spot since forever in all three mode?
or elementalist who has been god tier pvp and pve for ages? while maintaining fun factors?

cool story bro.

is pretty thoughtless because elementalist was unviable for 20-24 months and that’s far away from beeing god tier / op what ever “for ages”
This statement is just unconsidered and wrong and there is not much room to discuss about this.

cheers

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

you guys argue over stuff that no one cares about were here to talk about how warrior is balanced and other classes are not balanced thus warrior isnt balanced.

It’s a reasonable argument to make that warrior is fine. But if we say other classes are not fine. Than we can say that warriors are weak in comparison.

Idealy every class will have its advantages and disadvantages but be able to over come those. When we look at warriors its advantages are easy to see its disadvantages are not easy to see at low level or low understanding of the game.

When we look at ways to overcome disadvantages for warriors while they have many ways to overcome those they are disadvantaged here in ways that other professions are able to overcome their disadvantages.

And thus if we are just looking at warriors and everything else out of the box its fine its not until u get into higher game play it becomes p clear.

Its not till u start doing math and examining skills vs skills, and game mechanics till u see what is really going on here if you are just casual than u will never know.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

Yea,it’s funny because he just leads the argument from celestial to game history to how spirit ranger is op and have worse English then i do and he also admits that hes PvE.

after a tons of arguing, finally, i found out that hes kitten because i called ele “god tiers for ages”, but instead he thinks they are OP tier, so now i officially change the word from god to OP tier. and hes officially happy now.

thank jesus. no more responding to this dude and non warrior comments in this section.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Well warrior is supposed to have sustain or as anet say a sturdy body as a way to overcome its weaknesses. The problem comes when other professions can be just as sturdy or in some cases be more sturdy than warriors without having as much of a damage sacrifice for doing so.

Where as in the past warrior didn’t have to give up much Dammage when going high sustain. The problem with nerfing warriors damage in the varios ways like making some traits not accessible when building tanky. As well as indirect nerfs to traits like forceful GS. To flat out nerfs of traits and nerfs to weapon skills.

Warrior then becomes high sustain but wet noodle. If you want to build the warrior glassy then you are still negatively effected by dammage nerfs and since you have to sacrifice your sustain to do this. Than this puts warriors at a disadvantage in the DPS and sustain categorys.

So you can make the case that this makes warriors balanced now. However you can also make the case that where warrior was prevented from having high sustain and damage, other classes are not being held to that standard and thus warriors are weak.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

Having banners is not bad. It is a reason for people to bring a warrior in a dungeon. The same way rangers have the frost spirit+spoter, guards have blocks,reflect etc… You cant just give warrior even more dps and make the content even easier than what it is now. You can’t make all classes have the highest dps, there will always exist some class that do less dmg.

For spvp shoutbow and hambow are in a good spot. They are not faceroll like before the addrenaline and might nerf but they are also not underpowered.

My suggestion is instead of ask for buff for warriors ask for nerf for the other classes that you consider overpowered.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Simon.3794

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

Having banners is not bad. It is a reason for people to bring a warrior in a dungeon. The same way rangers have the frost spirit+spoter, guards have blocks,reflect etc… You cant just give warrior even more dps and make the content even easier than what it is now. You can’t make all classes have the highest dps, there will always exist some class that do less dmg.

For spvp shoutbow and hambow are in a good spot. They are not faceroll like before the addrenaline and might nerf but they are also not underpowered.

My suggestion is instead of ask for buff for warriors ask for nerf for the other classes that you consider overpowered.

hambow is heavily underpowered, i can facetank and kill hambow without even getting HP to 75% on shoutheal

while shoutheal is so amazing at dueling like all the meta builds, it’s still have pretty big weakness and is only here because people are running cele engi and cele ele.

and i wouldnt care about viability if the class is actually fun in PvE.
banner, off CD spam, shout off CD spam, signet completely passive play, all physical are low damage and not even going to work on bosses, stances are also buff that just give you immunity changes nothing to your gameplay except awesome frenzy

warrior is already a simple class with less skills, but they just make majority of our utilities completely spamm passive fest with 0 plays, it’s called utility for a reason.

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

hambow is heavily underpowered, i can facetank and kill hambow without even getting HP to 75% on shoutheal

while shoutheal is so amazing at dueling like all the meta builds, it’s still have pretty big weakness and is only here because people are running cele engi and cele ele.

banner, off CD spam, shout off CD spam, signet completely passive play, all physical are low damage and not even going to work on bosses, stances are also buff that just give you immunity changes nothing to your gameplay except awesome frenzy

warrior is already a simple class with less skills, but they just make majority of our utilities completely spamm passive fest with 0 plays, it’s called utility for a reason.

The passive play in pve is present in almost all the classes. It happens because of flaws in the dungeon bosses design. That probably wont change without several changes to boss mechanics. Not a problem with warrior itself.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

while shoutheal is so amazing at dueling

Thats why all of them dying to my pewpew. Now i understand. My pewpew is godlike. Fear me nubs!

in Warrior

Simon.3794

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

The passive play in pve is present in almost all the classes. It happens because of flaws in the dungeon bosses design. That probably wont change without several changes to boss mechanics. Not a problem with warrior itself.

I already know that passive play is present in all classes and i already know that there are skills like banner such as frost spirit

And? what does it make it counter my argument of every warrior utility is passive off CD spam and offers no proper plays.
It’s not the passive play is present in warrior, it’s warrior it’self is passive play, while other classes get to choose wether they want passive play or not without talking about meta.

while shoutheal is so amazing at dueling

Thats why all of them dying to my pewpew. Now i understand. My pewpew is godlike. Fear me nubs!

shoutheal is amazing duel build compare to almost every warrior build ever existed other then mace/sword lb. not talking about other classes. after all, shoutheal is just a mini version of dd ele.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

I already know that passive play is present in all classes and i already know that there are skills like banner such as frost spirit

And? what does it make it counter my argument of every warrior utility is passive off CD spam and offers no proper plays.
It’s not the passive play is present in warrior, it’s warrior it’self is passive play, while other classes get to choose wether they want passive play or not without talking about meta.

Shouts and stances are not passive. Just because they are instacast doesn’t mean their are passive. Meditations and cantrips for example are also instacast and I don’t see people complaining about its play style. If you are not considering the meta then go play with physical utilities =)

Warrior is a simple class, but that is not a bad thing. Not all classes need to be like ele or engi.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Simon.3794

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

Shouts and stances are not passive. Just because they are instacast doesn’t mean their are passive. Meditations and cantrips for example are also instacast and I don’t see people complaining about its play style. If you are not considering the meta then go play with physical utilities =)

Warrior is a simple class, but that is not a bad thing. Not all classes need to be like ele or engi.

you did not read any of the comments i made, did you.

next time you people see me not responding that will be the guy whos not reading at all or just simply not making sense, just making it clear here.

man people just like to read a small part and assume the rest and imagine other things out of no where.

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

…why do people these days simply can’t read, i did said shouts are off CD spam, and stances are buffs that offers no actual plays and selfish(except in PvP) …(stance is like the only about good skill but still boring for it’s effect except frenzy)and i said nothing about insta cast, because there are a lot of interesting skills that are insta cast, i don’t really need you to teach me that…

it’s just like people read half part of the comment and assume w/e and say w/e they want.

god i had enough of this, next time you people see me not responding to some one, that means that guy is not reading at all or not making any sense. now make it clear.

Except they are NOT off-cooldown spam either. Or do you run around using balance stance for no reason?

People here QQing about warrior been underpowered and yet we see at least 1 warrior in almost every spvp team comp. In pve unless Anet completely nerf banners to the ground warriors will still be viable. In wvw they have flurry and warhorn converting condis, aoe shout heal, etc… Not to mention the very high base hp and armor….

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Simon.3794

In short;

For spvp shout bot
For pve banner bot

…why do people these days simply can’t read, i did said shouts are off CD spam, and stances are buffs that offers no actual plays and selfish(except in PvP) …(stance is like the only about good skill but still boring for it’s effect except frenzy)and i said nothing about insta cast, because there are a lot of interesting skills that are insta cast, i don’t really need you to teach me that…

it’s just like people read half part of the comment and assume w/e and say w/e they want.

god i had enough of this, next time you people see me not responding to some one, that means that guy is not reading at all or not making any sense. now make it clear.

Except they are NOT off-cooldown spam either. Or do you run around using balance stance for no reason?

People here QQing about warrior been underpowered and yet we see at least 1 warrior in almost every spvp team comp. In pve unless Anet completely nerf banners to the ground warriors will still be viable. In wvw they have flurry and warhorn converting condis, aoe shout heal, etc… Not to mention the very high base hp and armor….

I’m talking about PvE here….i would really like to separate these game modes when it comes to class design and balancing.

and again you did not read at all, i never said anything about stance being off CD psma.

and you are not reading again bout the PvE part, we already know that warrior will always be viable with banner, and?…..not sure the point of saying that..or is it any thing related to the topic…. :|

and i was not complaining about it being unviable or underpowered, you are clearly mixing me with some body else or something..

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

I dont see where you want to get with this. If the class is viable and it is working as intended then what is the point of changing what is working just fine? Make a new OP class?

The class is simple by nature. If you don’t like you can go play engineer…

Also the topic title is “Is warrior REALLY sucking that hard ? o_o” not “is warrior fun to play for me?” you are the one completely escaping the OP post.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

(edited by xDudisx.5914)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

I dont see where you want to get with this. If the class is viable and it is working as intended then what is the point of changing what is working just fine? Make a new OP class?

No, you think signets are designed by nature to be completely not used at all and passive?
you think shouts and banners are all just designed to be off CD spam and bundle skill to be so meh?
physical skills are skills that does not work on boss because CC with high CD and no damage. no actual uses-ability at all

these are just completely bad design and should be fixed.
either bad design or they just want to make the already not so existing warrior to play with 13 skills instead of 17

sucking can mean multiple things. boring, bad, underpowered, simple, uninteresting, lame, not bad kitten .

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Simon.3794

They moved BP and HF to grand master hoping to make the class more active and use their burst skill, did they success? no

They made adrenaline decay faster so people can actively build up adrenaline. ok

and while completely ignoring the fac that more then half of our utilities are actually spammed off CD spam or completely passive (even in PvP with shoutheal. the only skill that has decent play in it are stances.)

is that ok? it just kittens me so much.

in Warrior

xDudisx.5914

No, you think signets are designed by nature to be completely not used at all and passive?
you think shouts and banners are all just designed to be off CD spam and bundle skill to be so meh?
physical skills are skills that does not work on boss because CC with high CD and no damage. no actual uses-ability at all

either bad design or they just want to make the already not so existing warrior to play with 13 skills instead of 17

sucking can mean multiple things. boring, bad, underpowered, simple, uninteresting, lame, not bad kitten .

The signets are that way not just for warrior but for all the classes. Take a look at pve thief.

CC from physical is almost useless due to Defience stacks that is a boss/dungeon mechanic problem, not a warrior problem. All classes trying hard to CC will face the same problem.

Shouts and stances are not off-cooldown spam as you claim.

Among the warrior’s skills I think that the only ones that really in need of rework are the banners.

I’m pretty sure that in this case sucking was referring to not been viable to play. Anyway maybe we should create one topic with ideas for possible changes in banners or the boss defience stacks.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

in Warrior

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

It’d be nice to have a trait that allows you to pick up the banner and put it on your back. Something like pressing the utility skill assigned to that banner to pick it up or put it back down. That way you can get the bonuses while mobile but not taking up your weapon slot. Or just have that as a base line ability of banners.

But to the conversation about warriors in PvE, I think it’s more the content’s fault than the class’ fault that it’s so boring. Each class might bring one or two things, well besides necros, but beyond that is just skill rotations and dodging. Pending more interesting content or more difficult content, it will just be bring your dps and what utility your class has. Warrior luckily has banners, so it’s in a good spot for now. DPS will have it’s ups and downs but it won’t go to garbage tier.

in Warrior

dominik.9721

The signets are that way not just for warrior but for all the classes. Take a look at pve thief.

CC from physical is almost useless due to Defience stacks that is a boss/dungeon mechanic problem, not a warrior problem. All classes trying hard to CC will face the same problem.

Shouts and stances are not off-cooldown spam as you claim.

Among the warrior’s skills I think that the only ones that really in need of rework are the banners.

I’m pretty sure that in this case sucking was referring to not been viable to play. Anyway maybe we should create one topic with ideas for possible changes in banners or the boss defience stacks.

Give up mate, there is no point in arguing with this guy.
If you bring up some valid points like you did – for example that shouts, stances and physical skills aren’t only passive gameplay he’ll tell you that you aren’t able to read and to understand. Then he’ll complain about your english, allthough his own english is terrible,too.

Just give up

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Anyone that tells you warrior that the profession is subpar has no idea what they’re talking about. Sure, we’re not top damage, but that’s not as important as the buffs we bring to groups. Banners are fantastic, and I find myself often running a Phalanx build to help give my team 25 stacks of might.

I’m no pro-sPvPer, but I’ve been really enjoying my GS/Longbow build (4/0/6/0/4 traits) especially after the GS adrenaline burst 10% buff. And to think Warrior’s can’t bring anything to a WvW zerg/havoc group either is an ignorant thought.

Overall, Warriors are a great profession. Don’t let the nerfs we received a while back scare you away from playing one of the best offensive support professions around. If you’re looking for advice, PM me! I’d be happy to offer all the tips I know.

So warriors don’t suck, because you like being a subpar class that run around buff botting? Guardians take more damage, have better buffs, better mitigation, better cc, and do more damage!

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Great, I rolled Warrior so I can run around being fodder to the ranged classes and buff my team over and over making grave yards trips over an over…. Warrior needs some help!