Is warrior REALLY sucking that hard ? o_o

in Warrior

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

So warriors don’t suck, because you like being a subpar class that run around buff botting? Guardians take more damage, have better buffs, better mitigation, better cc, and do more damage!

Guardians do not have better CC, not even close. If that’s something you want, warrior has a clear advantage with things like hammer stuns and the immobilizes from sword F1 and Pindown. Guardian buffs in general are more defensive while warrior buffs tend to be offensive. Good luck working swiftness or movement speed into a guardian build, but a warrior will never have any issues with it. A guardian can be kited around with ease.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

So warriors don’t suck, because you like being a subpar class that run around buff botting? Guardians take more damage, have better buffs, better mitigation, better cc, and do more damage!

Guardians do not have better CC, not even close. If that’s something you want, warrior has a clear advantage with things like hammer stuns and the immobilizes from sword F1 and Pindown. Guardian buffs in general are more defensive while warrior buffs tend to be offensive. Good luck working swiftness or movement speed into a guardian build, but a warrior will never have any issues with it. A guardian can be kited around with ease.

Maybe so, however the Guardian will also regen and not die while being kited whilst the Warrior will fall over and die in between mobility cds. Warriors are easily dispatched in comparison and Guardians can push out more dps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Maybe so, however the Guardian will also regen and not die while being kited whilst the Warrior will fall over and die in between mobility cds. Warriors are easily dispatched in comparison and Guardians can push out more dps.

Right. That 5s of regen a medizerk might have is going to do a lot of healing. Unless you’re talking about a bunker but then they aren’t doing the damage you were mentioning.

I take it you’re talking about the 2k healing from meditations (Monk’s Focus) in which you get from using them. Not a whole lot different from shoutbow warriors healing themselves while Healing Signet ticks for 370hp a second. Oh, and shouts heal your team unlike meditations.

Not to try and start a balance war here or anything, but each class is built to sustain itself in some way even though they’re different. A warrior starts out with 8k hp more than a guardian with different mechanics to sustain it. Does a medizerk counter warriors in general? Yeah, for the most part. But they aren’t very hard to beat if you’ve played them yourself instead of blindly comparing/complaining.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

The big difference is a guardian can go zerker medi and have enough heals/invulnerabilities/blocks to make it work. They also have ports on sword skill making it easier for them to combo skills…as well as smite condition which is pretty much guaranteed big damage. A zerker warrior just gets bursted and explodes to damage. Plus their big damage attacks are telegraphed as hell and require setting up if you plan on hitting a good player with them.

In-fact, I’m pretty sure warrior is the only class that sucks balls in zerker. Mediguard/Power Ranger/Power necro + Lich form/DP blind spamming thiefs/DF Fresh air ele/shatter mesmer…In zerker having the ability to block, evade attacks, blind spam, port, or attack from ranged while still doing extremely high damage…is far better than the extra HP.

Cookie cutter warrior builds still work, of course. But you’re either a shoutbow with subpar dps whose sole purpose is to support the team, or hambow that is carried by combustive shot’s fire field + cleansing ire proc and the CC from hammer.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

The big difference is a guardian can go zerker medi and have enough heals/invulnerabilities/blocks to make it work. They also have ports on sword skill making it easier for them to combo skills…as well as smite condition which is pretty much guaranteed big damage. A zerker warrior just gets bursted and explodes to damage. Plus their big damage attacks are telegraphed as hell and require setting up if you plan on hitting a good player with them.

In-fact, I’m pretty sure warrior is the only class that sucks balls in zerker. Mediguard/Power Ranger/Power necro + Lich form/DP blind spamming thiefs/DF Fresh air ele/shatter mesmer…In zerker having the ability to block, evade attacks, blind spam, port, or attack from ranged while still doing extremely high damage…is far better than the extra HP.

Cookie cutter warrior builds still work, of course. But you’re either a shoutbow with subpar dps whose sole purpose is to support the team, or hambow that is carried by combustive shot’s fire field + cleansing ire proc and the CC from hammer.

Well said, it always bugged me how other classes defensive mechanics relies very little on actual states, dodges, blocks, invulnerability, blind spam, ports, AIs etc, protection on dodge? why not! i can run rabid ranger and be as hard to kill as any ptv warrior. while warrior depend heavily on toughness and vitality, which only lasts for so long. sure toughness and vitality will be way better with bunker spec with healing signet when everybodys bunker and deal little damage. but not as much in zerker at least with everybody doing insane damage since fire air patch

(edited by Simon.3794)

in Warrior

Posted by: Shieldbash.5304

Shieldbash.5304

Right. That 5s of regen a medizerk might have is going to do a lot of healing. Unless you’re talking about a bunker but then they aren’t doing the damage you were mentioning.

I take it you’re talking about the 2k healing from meditations (Monk’s Focus) in which you get from using them. Not a whole lot different from shoutbow warriors healing themselves while Healing Signet ticks for 370hp a second. Oh, and shouts heal your team unlike meditations.

Not to try and start a balance war here or anything, but each class is built to sustain itself in some way even though they’re different. A warrior starts out with 8k hp more than a guardian with different mechanics to sustain it. Does a medizerk counter warriors in general? Yeah, for the most part. But they aren’t very hard to beat if you’ve played them yourself instead of blindly comparing/complaining.

Wow, reading that makes me want to stop playing Warrior! I think I’ll try other classes as that sums up a Horrible experience….

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

Wow, reading that makes me want to stop playing Warrior! I think I’ll try other classes as that sums up a Horrible experience….

If you really doesn’t want to use bow then yeah, warrior is in a pretty sad state.

However if you want to give bow a try you will find warrior to be much better. The reason bow really makes the difference is that long fire field bow f1 creates. Just because you use the bow it doesn’t mean you have to play warrior like a ranger, after all warrior bow is more for close ranged combat. It’s main purpose is to support your melee weapons.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Anyone that tells you warrior that the profession is subpar has no idea what they’re talking about. Sure, we’re not top damage, but that’s not as important as the buffs we bring to groups. Banners are fantastic, and I find myself often running a Phalanx build to help give my team 25 stacks of might.

I’m no pro-sPvPer, but I’ve been really enjoying my GS/Longbow build (4/0/6/0/4 traits) especially after the GS adrenaline burst 10% buff. And to think Warrior’s can’t bring anything to a WvW zerg/havoc group either is an ignorant thought.

Overall, Warriors are a great profession. Don’t let the nerfs we received a while back scare you away from playing one of the best offensive support professions around. If you’re looking for advice, PM me! I’d be happy to offer all the tips I know.

Enlighten this guardian on these better buffs and better CC (unless you mean LoW in WvW which is fun to troll dumbzergs). If you bring permanent protection with a hammer you cannot bring better damage( big damage is from GS/Sw swap), and guardians have no soft CC.

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

They certainly have better buffs. Warriors have more CC though.
Lack of protection is a real downer.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

in Warrior

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Its one of the top 5 best profession in pvp right now, so its not that bad of a place. The problem with Warrior is that ppl use to play a lot of GS, but it got nerf bad. Ppl just have a hard time trying other weapons I guess.

For PvE, Warrior are pretty much buff/banner kitten only now. But they are really good at that lol.

Just wondering.. What 3 classes are out of your top 5?

Necromancers : They don’t cleave, they have good burst and instant, but not good sustain dps.
Mesmer : They can have higher DPS, but that rely on reflect and if they can keep 3 phantasms. So if technically they can have higher DPS isn’t not as reliable as other profession.
Guardian : Since september, they are really close to Warrior, but Guardian vs Warrior in term of dps depend on the situation. If the Guardian have Aegis and the Warrior don’t have adrenaline the Guardian will probably have a better dps. But most of the time the Warrior is able to have adrenaline rather quicly and the guardian will use Aegis to keep his team alive. But they are both really close to each other.

You don’t PvP alot, do you? :p

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I don’t know why people say warriors are good in pvp even my so called noob pew pew ranger can kill them in duels their useless.
That is players with champ legionaire and hambow supposedly meta build.
If you pvp don’t play warrior fortunately it only take 2 minutes to reroll.
In pve in its current state elementalist is king.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

You don’t PvP alot, do you? :p

Sorry my bad. I was sure you were asking what 3 professions are out of my top 5 for pve dps. I mixed this conversation with another one.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I don’t know why people say warriors are good in pvp even my so called noob pew pew ranger can kill them in duels their useless.

Right , that’s probably the reason why a lot of top teams play still with warrior….

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Hambow = not a 1v1 spec
PvP = not balanced/made for 1v1, but 5v5
Meta = because it’s more usefull in the current Conquest scene than pew pew ranger

You can’t decide if a build is good for the meta or not judging purely out of 1v1’s

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.