Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Profession:
Primal Burst: These skills now count as level-1 bursts for the purposes of traits that scale on adrenaline level.

Nerfs SUSTAIN and condition removal to begin with.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rozal Knight.2315

Rozal Knight.2315

Yeah warrior is pretty dead now. Primal strikes where almost impossible to land with the cast times and now you only get 1 stack per burst. no point in playing berserker war anymore.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Elementdot.6081

Elementdot.6081

I dunno what anet is doing to the warrior berserker trait… now we can’t reach 3 stacks of berserker’s power without alacrity if using only primal bursts.

That skill isn’t going to be on the spellbreaker warrior… why make it more “inline” with the warrior changes? I have no freaken idea.

“We’ve updated this trait to better scale with the amount of adrenaline you use so that warriors can feel good about using lower-level bursts consecutively rather than always waiting for the level 3. "

I’m feeling good alright. IF I COULD JUST REACH LEVEL 3 BERSERKER’S POWER!
Fix the dam tool tip for primal burst anet… it still says 3 berserker’s power stacks but it generates one! >:

(edited by Elementdot.6081)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Elementdot.6081

Yeah warrior is pretty dead now. Primal strikes where almost impossible to land with the cast times and now you only get 1 stack per burst. no point in playing berserker war anymore.

Yea I’m thinking of investing some cash to switch over to a condi warrior. They didn’t change much to it instead encourages condi-type warriors.

Sigh… I’m gonna wait unti lthe PoF expansion then commit. I just need a look at the spellbreaker traits before committing.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

Power Warrior got nerfed, again, which is unfortunate. In both PvE and PvP. Damage-wise, Greatsword and Axe needs 20% damage buffs to all their skills. Discipline and Tactics both need to provide a 10% damage multiplier.

Condition Warrior was slightly nerfed; most of the changes compensate for the Condition Duration food nerf.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Apolo.5942

This nerfed Killed
-Adrenal health.
-Cleansing Ire
-Berserker’s power.

All core to playing warrior. But you know, now you have a reason to power creep to the expansion.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Vekaiel.8493

Vekaiel.8493

Yes, tested it in pvp and it is really hard to survive against condition build right now. It’s almost not worth going into Berserk mode…..

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Astray.5802

Astray.5802

Is this a joke? Warrior was bottom tier in pvp already, now you can go kill moas with it.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Elementdot.6081

Is this a joke? Warrior was bottom tier in pvp already, now you can go kill moas with it.

maybe there were a lot of “good” warriors beating up on really bad players and plenty of them complained to anet.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

Seriously.. this was the first thing I saw immediately before their happy Joyful go use axe now junk.

This pretty much robbed the berserker of any hopes to survive any long fights…

seriously sickening nerf.. time after time after time after time… now how am I suppose to fight Condi mesmers…

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Mikeskies.1536

Seriously.. this was the first thing I saw immediately before their happy Joyful go use axe now junk.

This pretty much robbed the berserker of any hopes to survive any long fights…

seriously sickening nerf.. time after time after time after time… now how am I suppose to fight Condi mesmers…

Spellbreaker.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

This is insane. Probably the most shameless “buy the expansion or perish” they could have pulled.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

This needed to happen, warriors were broken in wvw and couldn’t be killed in a 1v1 against most classes.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

Core warrior got buffed. Zerker got weaker. Core warrior is probably unquestionably better than zerker now. Will still be very weak to condi though as the survivability depends on landing a burst skill which can be difficult vs a good player.

Axe mastery and zerker power can be used together now. It makes for a hard hitting combo that generates a lot if adrenaline. Seems very playable to me in wvw, can’t really see it making it into spvp meta though.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Astray.5802

Astray.5802

This needed to happen, warriors were broken in wvw and couldn’t be killed in a 1v1 against most classes.

You must be joking, most telegraphic and obvious class. L2dodge?

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

You must be joking, most telegraphic and obvious class. L2dodge?

I was about to post the same thing. Guy seems to play necro maybe?

I mean sure it’s op if you eat shield bash and headbutt all day…..

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: GrackFields.7805

GrackFields.7805

While they could do well in a 1v1 I would have easily placed daredevil, chrono, and dragon hunter a class above them.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

Core warrior is looking even better right now. I am glad I main one.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

you mean the stat Trailblazer was broken… not the warrior’s fault or any other classes that uses full set of that in wvw…

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

Wtf u doin anet lmaooooo.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rozal Knight.2315

Rozal Knight.2315

Wtf u doin anet lmaooooo.

I know right. they just put it in reverse and hit us again. next they are going to nerf our wep swapping cuse thats op 2.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

This is insane. Probably the most shameless “buy the expansion or perish” they could have pulled.

Yup, this totally trashes the Berserker spec. I didn’t think ANet could screw the pooch this bad, but they like to surprise me.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It’d probably be fine if they rolled back the nerfs from the previous patch though. Then other elites should get similar treatment to normalize across builds.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

Maybe I run rousing resilience and savage instinct? give up smash brawler and try to just stunbreak my way to victory?

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

lol deserved.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

lol deserved.

You can always tell when there’s someone who can’t dodge giant telegraphs….

The least used class in sPvP at any high level is now even worse, sure, sounds deserved.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I wouldn’t have minded the change if the first burst landed by a berzerker still gave the 3 stacks…

I’m mostly salty that they gave Ranger the durability Warrior used to enjoy (But then took away all its stability – but I like BOTH classes)

The only decent changes are the fall damage trait and swap of Hammer and Axe traits (And associated merges)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rhone.3569

Rhone.3569

For PVP, Warrior was already on the bottom tier so nowhere to go but up right?

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

To me this moves the Berserker elite spec to even more of a condi focus, with the freedom of stat selection that condition builds enjoy, any deficiencies can be made up with gear selection. They also have more freedom to spec for condi clear and larger heals on their skill bar.

I always considered core warrior to be the more consistent power spec anyways with Beserker tailoring itself towards stronger condi.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

I wouldn’t have minded the change if the first burst landed by a berzerker still gave the 3 stacks…

That’s a fair point, considering the warrior needs to generate three stacks to enter the mode.

So, given that, it seems reasonable to allow full procs of traits like BP and AH (if traited) just for entering primal state. I don’t think it would be unbalanced, and it would be a nice perk in keeping with the flavor of the elite.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Mikeskies.1536

That’s a fair point, considering the warrior needs to generate three stacks to enter the mode.

So, given that, it seems reasonable to allow full procs of traits like BP and AH (if traited) just for entering primal state. I don’t think it would be unbalanced, and it would be a nice perk in keeping with the flavor of the elite.

You will have to do a Level 3 Adrenaline Burst, then get max Adrenaline again to enter Berserk Mode. I think this change is really stupid, because the entire premise of entering into Berserk Mode was that Primal Elites were Level 3 Bursts for only 10 Adrenaline. .

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Rhone.3569

Rhone.3569

I’ve always found it quite sad that Anet doesn’t add to these discussions during a balance change. Not to defend themselves but to open up the lines of communication for such drastic changes. Nope….we get “Here ya go!”

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

You will have to do a Level 3 Adrenaline Burst, then get max Adrenaline again to enter Berserk Mode. I think this change is really stupid, because the entire premise of entering into Berserk Mode was that Primal Elites were Level 3 Bursts for only 10 Adrenaline. .

I think you misunderstood. I was proposing a buff in light of this recent nerf. One that isn’t OP, preserves what I think Anet wanted to achieve with the nerf, and is still in line with the Berserker concept.

Again, I’m saying allowing those traits to proc just for entering Berserker mode would be a decent modification to what they did today.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Mikeskies.1536

I think you misunderstood. I was proposing a buff in light of this recent nerf. One that isn’t OP, preserves what I think Anet wanted to achieve with the nerf, and is still in line with the Berserker concept.

Again, I’m saying allowing those traits to proc just for entering Berserker mode would be a decent modification to what they did today.

I understand the change and like the idea. I was just proposing what would currently need to be done now to get the full benefits up front.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It is hilarious because they mostly buffed Condi ps which is already stupidly overpowered in pve while heavily nerfing pvp warrior which was underpowered.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

People say this is power creep and now you need spellbreaker, but spellbreaker isnt going to get you back your cleansing ire or berserker power…

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Apolo.5942

People say this is power creep and now you need spellbreaker, but spellbreaker isnt going to get you back your cleansing ire or berserker power…

it is not about making spell breaker better, is about making berserker so bad you cant play it

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Actually, the premise of Berserk Mode is an overall power increase across the board for a limited duration. I think they should count the spent adrenaline upon entering, but if they want to bring Berserker down, they should add a short-duration “Fatigue” following leaving the rage.

Or, they could have just left it alone – Spellbreaker would have stood on its own with its focus on defense and counter-offense, which Berzerker lacks. The continued murder of Power-based support from Berzerker (When it used to be great for both Power and Condi) is really killing my enjoyment of this game.

(edited by Sartharina.3542)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: The Not so Evil Overlord.6305

The Not so Evil Overlord.6305

The nerf in and of itself is reasonable. And is one I’ve been thinking they should have done ages ago. The problem is that instead of doing that for the past 2-3 balance patches, they’ve been nerfing warrior sustain in other ways. Aka, Adrenal Health and Healing Signet. So, now that they’re finally nerfing the correct thing… They aren’t buffing what they shouldn’t have nerfed.

It’s definitely making core warrior more appealing, which is good on a balance side of things, but yeah… This is a pretty hard nerf to a class that’s already taken some big ones.
If Healing Signet and Adrenal Health can get a buff again, things won’t be so bad against power. And we could definitely use another buff to deal with condis.

One thing they should definitely do though, is make it so going berserk counts as spending two bars of adrenaline. Since you do when you go berserk.

Egbert the Erudite, of Tarnished Coast

(edited by The Not so Evil Overlord.6305)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

Their last few changes to warrior have been completely baffling to me

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mthe mystery.4615

Mthe mystery.4615

Are you freaking kidding me Anet. I honestly want to know what your thought process was during this balance patch because this is just kitten. Warrior in PvP was already trash tier as stated. Out of all the tournaments post the last balance patch, how many Warriors were a part of the top 4 teams? Oh yeah right, there were none. SO the only plausible option was to nerf Warrior some more. How many times are you going to nerf the sustain of Warrior. Yeah Warrior was strong in WvW in 1v1s but that was because of food regen. SO NERF THE kitten FOOD not the class. OR you could have just nerfed it for wvw only, but that should have been kept out of PvP. Now if this was a tactic to purusade the few warriors that are left in pvp to buy the expanison thats kitten. Also spellbreak will most likely have a huge role in PvP and wvw. SO what about pve? The only reason warriors are kept in teams is for might stacking PS. Not damage, and sustain isn’t needed. Warriors are supposed to hit hard and have decent sustain..thats what a warrior is.. Whomever is on the balancing team for Warrior needs to switch off because this is getting ridiculous. If I’m wrong someone please help me understand because I dont. They should have at least buffed adrenal health and healing sig…

(edited by Mthe mystery.4615)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Well I will reserve judgment while I test things before I go into doom mode.

Might makes right can possibly make up for the loss of those stage three adrenal heals while at the same time giving reason to drop defense which was pretty well mandatory before.

My own power warrior is going to need a rework.

Getting away from healing signet and adrenal as must haves MIGHT be a good thing. It all depends one what the other changes can do in place of this.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Pax.3548

Pax.3548

After testing these changes in fractals, i can say for sure power berserker is dead, core warrior deals more dmg than berserker ones. The only thing berkerser has some uses is condition related, and that’s not really what the “berserker” word implies (jesus, berserkers makes one think about warriors known to brutally kills their opponent not burning or bleeding them to death).

I return to core warrior and I really hope anet doesn’t nerf that one or they will take away from me all options to play the class I like the way I like it

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sina.7350

Sina.7350

I have been testing warrior in WvW and PvP, and power berserker is worse than dead.

It’s ironic, since most of the new Berserker utility skills, including the elite, focuses on getting adrenaline, which in turn helps primal burst trigger Adrenal health, Cleansing Ire and Berserker’s power. Now, full charge primal is worth 1 adrenaline bar, which makes any sustain warriors had completely useless.

Vanilla warrior might be good, but without adrenaline gaining methods of the berserker spec, it is similarly useless and slow. Condi warrior had a SLIGHT buff, and nerf in other areas, but basically ArenaNet found a way to beat a dead horse even further.

Congratulations.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

babazhook.6805

I have been testing warrior in WvW and PvP, and power berserker is worse than dead.

It’s ironic, since most of the new Berserker utility skills, including the elite, focuses on getting adrenaline, which in turn helps primal burst trigger Adrenal health, Cleansing Ire and Berserker’s power. Now, full charge primal is worth 1 adrenaline bar, which makes any sustain warriors had completely useless.

Vanilla warrior might be good, but without adrenaline gaining methods of the berserker spec, it is similarly useless and slow. Condi warrior had a SLIGHT buff, and nerf in other areas, but basically ArenaNet found a way to beat a dead horse even further.

Congratulations.

If in power it seems Arms a better way to gain adrenaline. trait up the signets and use a combination of Furious with Signet mastery for ferocity stacks. Best I could come up with so far. I was already in this spec prior and while my armor took ferocity at the expensive of precison and must now be changed as this flipped with new signet mastery , It has potential.

Strength works better as well IMO so it akin to making Zerker more like one of the old core specs wherein it no longer that much better.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Sina.7350

Congratulations.

If in power it seems Arms a better way to gain adrenaline. trait up the signets and use a combination of Furious with Signet mastery for ferocity stacks. Best I could come up with so far. I was already in this spec prior and while my armor took ferocity at the expensive of precison and must now be changed as this flipped with new signet mastery , It has potential.

Strength works better as well IMO so it akin to making Zerker more like one of the old core specs wherein it no longer that much better.

Kind of defeats the whole purpose of an “elite” specialization then, no? Especially since Spellbreaker seems very overpowered as it stands.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Pax.3548

Pax.3548

Congratulations.

This, signet of fury at the beggining of a battle can give you all the adrenaline to activate the most useful traits for a power warrior. The arms trait tree gives a boost to the use of the signets and gives a big bonus for damage. It is true that for power builds the berserker “elite” spec is useless. But we still can make something good out of the core warrior (can’t believe they took away the 20% critical chance the sword had against foes with bleeding conditions and instead increase the kitten bleeding condition duration. That shows the love they have for condi).

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Sina.7350

I am not certain why ArenaNet continues to turn every class into a condi class. Half the server lag comes from all the different kind of conditions it has to process I bet. Warrior in name, in spirit, and just about anything related to it, doesn’t make sense as a condition focused class.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Taltevus.3289

Taltevus.3289

This is exactly what I came here for. To hear this. Also happy with the now decision making being forced on mesmers too. Putting condis specs in place. and giving some power builds an out. Unfortunately the build I use only gets an extra Chaos Storm….anywho.

This what I wanted to hear.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

babazhook.6805

Congratulations.

This, signet of fury at the beggining of a battle can give you all the adrenaline to activate the most useful traits for a power warrior. The arms trait tree gives a boost to the use of the signets and gives a big bonus for damage. It is true that for power builds the berserker “elite” spec is useless. But we still can make something good out of the core warrior (can’t believe they took away the 20% critical chance the sword had against foes with bleeding conditions and instead increase the kitten bleeding condition duration. That shows the love they have for condi).

Yes this is exactly How I used signets old build. I would stacjk up 500 precision and start with full adrenaline off the bat by using Fury. They really whammied my precision though both with that change to sword and the making of precision into ferocity off signets. I swapped some gear out to assassins to make up for this .

You do hit way harder with all that ferocity stacked. Core might be the way to go.