in Warrior

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

to address one them bugs

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

Aaaand just like that, the PowerPS is axed from raiding. Thanks a lot, ANet, nobody asked for that.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

well, they kill berserker now cause spellbreaker is gonna be op.. same as they buff rev, but renegade will probably suck (at least in pvp/wvw)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sina.7350

Sina.7350

^ and they call that “balancing”. Streamlining what they want to be OP, so everybody gravitates towards that.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

anyone find it weird that the tooltip on the primal burst still says that it gets 3 stacks of berserkers power? seems like a stupid thing to mislead people with.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Alimar.8760

Alimar.8760

So as one who mains a warrior I’d like to at least understand their reasoning behind this. I believed the whole point of Berserk was that it was a time based skill burst that you invest getting T3 into before going “berserk.” On top of that, some berserker skills give more than 10 adrenaline. Does this mean they’re not supposed to be used in zerk mode?

Also doesn’t this ruin about 3 traits that give you bonuses based on how high you’ve saved your adrenaline and burst it?

Once again, I’m trying to be calm about this, I’d like a reasonable understanding. Because from what I see this is making room for the new PoF elite specs. But didn’t they say that they weren’t going to make the HoT elite specializations useless with the new ones? That they’d both have a role to play?

IGN: Alimar
Guild Leader of The Tyrians [TT] (Darkhaven)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Axe shield/ GS seems to be solid. Run defense 111 discipline 221 and bezerk 111 run full zerk amulet and use egale runes

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mikeskies.1536

Mikeskies.1536

anyone find it weird that the tooltip on the primal burst still says that it gets 3 stacks of berserkers power? seems like a stupid thing to mislead people with.

I just made a post about this, but want to bring the issue to light here. Berserker’s Power does not refresh the duration of the previous stack, meaning it’s impossible to maintain 3 stacks of Berserker’s Power as a Berserker. On average, you get 2 stacks, which results in a 6% damage nerf.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

I just made a post about this, but want to bring the issue to light here. Berserker’s Power does not refresh the duration of the previous stack, meaning it’s impossible to maintain 3 stacks of Berserker’s Power as a Berserker. On average, you get 2 stacks, which results in a 6% damage nerf.

Same is true for adrenal health as far as i know.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It’s not impossible, it’s just difficult.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

ArenaNets paragraph doesn’t even explain why primal burst was nerfed to the ground, simply because there is no other reason than to sell more copies.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Apolo.5942

It’s not impossible, it’s just difficult.

Its mathematically impossible.
You are not factoring in that even if you assume 100% full rage up time AND 100% hits (0 misses) on burst skills, you skill have to account for primal bursts own CD.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

Its mathematically impossible.
You are not factoring in that even if you assume 100% full rage up time AND 100% hits (0 misses) on burst skills, you skill have to account for primal bursts own CD.

You can burst once at 0 secs into Berserker State, Swap and (with Burst Mastery traited), burst again at about the 1s mark (before a HB stun is even over), and then burst again 4-5s later.

It’s not especially easy, but it’s not that hard either. It’s certainly not “mathematically impossible”. There’s some give in there too.

Now, most Berserkers in wvw/pvp haven’t been running Strength anyway. So if you’re doing this in pve, what’s preventing you from landing your bursts?

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tinnel.4369

Tinnel.4369

Core warrior is quite fine, WvW wise anyhow. Disc, Def, Str, Signet of Rage, Bulls Charge. More adrenaline than cool down can handle.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: DangerGaming.1692

DangerGaming.1692

this nerf was just unnecessary. I can’t figure out a way to have good survivability now since i have to hit 3 primal bursts in order to get the max of my adrenal health like IT COSTS 3 ADRENALINE BARS TO GET INTO ZERK AND YOUR TELLING ME IT COUNTS AS ONE ADRENALINE BAR WHEN USED ANET PLEASE

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

“Ok guys, so we’re really excited to show you what we’ve been working on for warrior. In today’s video we’ll be highlighting the SELLBREAKER. This class specializes in being introduced so that we can sell more copies of the game! We saw a couple hangs up that we wanted to correct, for instance… Players seemed to have a choice in taking Berserker over Sellbreaker! I mean despite all this broken meta changing stuff we brought in, we though it best for profit Margins if we just OBLITERATED the prior elite spec so that anyone invested in playing this game competitively HAS to buy Path of Fire! We are so excited with what we came up with and hope that we’ll see you in the Crystal Desert”

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

This move they pulled was very disrespectful.. I know it’s their game and they can do what ever the heck they want..

But To literally trash and make something unplayable to force people to get their expansion. I bought the expansion before knowing it was gonna be this bad.. now I regret ever buying it..

I’m not even hyped for spellbreaker anymore, thanks anet

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Guys/gals question:
Does berserker’s power apply to burst skills now after its active? So say I gunflame and get it to activate, then i gunflame again. Will the second gunflame get +7% damage now?

I’m pretty positive that before the nerf it never gave me +20% dmg on the second gunflame….since the values were always similar for both gunflames when i tested, never breaking any records one sets over the other (first always did more dmg tbh).

Cause if it still doesn’t apply…..then this nerf doesn’t affect gunflame 1 shots at all.

Well it worked on me. I didn’t catch-on tell I read this thread tbh. Reading the notes I was confused how it really worked, and was under the assumption primal burst meant primal skills. Then i got curious cause ingame it didn’t indicate it worked that way and I was curious how I could stack different lvl’s of berserkers power ontop of eachother. Prior to reading the thread I thought all power bersrekrs got quite the buff.

Reading the cutoff notes i couldn’t earlier….now I know:
-i lose +5% damage in arms due to no extra dmg on bleeding foe
-i lose 13% damage in berserkers strength since i always open wiht gunflame.
-I gain 1% damage if I somehow fire a lvl 3 vanilla burst.
- i trade 500 precision for 500 ferocity. Now this has drawbacks and advantages, im mainly concered about the disadvantages though since its hard to maintain adrenaline with rifle without discipline line or the grandmaster on crit hit gain adrenaline ability in arms. Basically if I get lucky on my crits, then I hit harder than before patch.
- i gain something like 58 power over sharpening stones, which is like gaining 48 power over the old furious sharpening stone (also furious sharpening stones are only giving like 90 in ttl stats on a full zerker build now). But im losing +100 vitality in there….idk. makes writs useless and gives me less tank…so idk mixed bag, cheaper tho..lol. They said they would make furious utility cheaper yet the ingredients are the same. did they only change teh recipe cost or something? or is it not ingameyet? confused on that.
-oh and i lose 70 ferocity since blood reaction no longer applies to signet mastery…..what the heck does ferocity convert to? its literally a ded end stat.

They gave a source of stability right at the start of a fight which i can appreciate, t1 in strength. That will negate the taunt you get on gunflaming a revenant for example….so u dont get kittened in wvsw, similar to ranger. illl still take might on heal tho over it.

Anyways im rather unhappy now. I kno my build is still effective though, just alot more “no dmg” gunflames are being fired. I might swap in a new sigil somehwere, idk yet. +5% damage is a really crummy sigil imo, make take accuracy for +7% crit rate. But accuracy is also a really crummy sigil imo lol. can’t win.

Anyways my condolescences to anyone who braved wvsw/pvp with the strength line as a melee power warrior. You dont’ deserve this. You can always adopt a dodge spam build tho now…lots of synergy for that with endurance on might and bowl of orrian and truffle stew among all the other skills. u can get ur +90% stack of endurance then spam might and other hits. That would make a great vanilla build actually.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Apolo.5942

^ and they call that “balancing”. Streamlining what they want to be OP, so everybody gravitates towards that.

Yeah, i was just about to order the expansion, but i am not encouraging this behavior.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: RedShark.9548

RedShark.9548

those changes are such a joke, at first i didnt believe it would rly work like that, but it DOES wtf anet, thats ridiculous, and the worst is, that NECROS flamed the sh** out of anet and got a hotfix to get a baseline back

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: sneakytails.5629

sneakytails.5629

Core warrior is quite fine, WvW wise anyhow. Disc, Def, Str, Signet of Rage, Bulls Charge. More adrenaline than cool down can handle.

Pretty much this.

My core Warrior main uses Axe/Axe – Rifle or Sword and Shield and is performing better than ever. I was a bit worried about loosing Burst Mastery, but with some Sigil changes I have made up some of the loss. Berserkers Power is definitely worth it, and feels like a great perk for going core.

Almost seems to me that Anet is trying to move Berserker to a more condi spec and using Spellbreaker for the power warrior elite spec.

Then you have core that offers more choice, and quality of life features, but with less elite benefits.

I am fine with this.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Tinnel.4369

Tinnel.4369

Pretty much this.

My core Warrior main uses Axe/Axe – Rifle or Sword and Shield and is performing better than ever. I was a bit worried about loosing Burst Mastery, but with some Sigil changes I have made up some of the loss. Berserkers Power is definitely worth it, and feels like a great perk for going core.

Almost seems to me that Anet is trying to move Berserker to a more condi spec and using Spellbreaker for the power warrior elite spec.

Then you have core that offers more choice, and quality of life features, but with less elite benefits.

I am fine with this.

Yes, Arms also offers some nice condi-centric options now too. I think the hardest Berserker pill to swallow is probably the 3 for 1 which cuts sustain hard, but you’re still a warrior with sources of resistance, endure pain, and if you’re condi you’re in Dire/Trailblazers. Frankly all this, “you ruined berserker so I won’t buy expan” boggles me. Who intended to buy expansion to keep playing berserker?

I’ve been running axe/shield gs and it feels great, haven’t tried any other weapon combos yet. Bull’s Charge with Peak Performance is just ridiculous and glide bomb trolling with passive Death from Above is great (upwards of 3k damage). Still up in the air balancing Berserker’s Power, Might Makes Right, Axe Mastery, and Burst Mastery.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Mikeskies.1536

“One important trait that changed in this process was Berserker’s Power, which is an important trait for warriors who rely on Power damage. This trait previously granted a damage bonus based on the tier of adrenaline you were at when you used a burst skill. We’ve updated this trait to better scale with the amount of adrenaline you use so that warriors can feel good about using lower-level bursts consecutively rather than always waiting for the level 3.

What they forgot to adjust was either extending the duration of Berserker’s Power or having each new application of Berserker’s Power refresh the duration of the previous stacks. With the change, warriors cannot feel good about using lower-level bursts consecutively because it is impossible to maintain 3 stacks of Berserker’s Power.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Which, honestly, is a complete kitten direction to take it, especially because Spellbreaker has no sign of offering new abilities like the Berzerker did (Those primal bursts are a godsend – and unfortunately, leave core Rifle, Sword, and Hammer’s bursts feeling like clunky, suicidal-to-use pieces of kitten.)

I liked the Berzerker because it gave a focus on strong, temporary assault, and actually gave the warrior respectable DPS at the cost of its general survivability (Taking defense to get some of that back cost the DPS again), while also making the class far more active and fun. And yes, it gave viable condi ability to a class that was previously completely lacking in such – but its flexibility and support for power as well was also great. Spellbreaker already had a strong, defined role with its emphasis on counter-offense.

I want my kitten Arc Divider back. I hoped Might Makes Right would alleviate some of the lost sustain for Berzerkers, but its healing ability seems way undertuned.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Who intended to buy expansion to keep playing berserker?

Me!
… until this disaster patch.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kulpado.5138

Kulpado.5138

After that warrior nerf i think i’m gone from gw2 for good… their plan to make warriors buy the new expansion by making berserker trash will not work with me.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: JahCool.3812

JahCool.3812

Hi. I am from ele forums and just want to thank all warriors for taking the spotlight off us. But seriously i think the QQ forum nerf team is the main advisor of aner balance team.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Berserkers were annoyingly op in wvw so they nerfed them just like us guardians were annoying with lootstick and bam nerf. Play with mesmers and eles they wont get nerf anytime soon cause of favourism.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

Been messing around and Might Makes Right isn’t strong enough to take over for Berserkers Power. Core warrior is decent, but Berserker is a kittening joke.

You go “berserk” and your damage is kitten, condi removal is kitten, adrenal is kitten. You hit like a kitten. The Elite Spec is called BERSERKER. What moron at ArenaNet thought that a class that is supposed to be glowing red, enraged and brutal should actually do less when it’s going into that mode?

You go berserk and it’s supposed to be a “oh jesus here comes this enraged kitten mother kittener” who can just take shots and slam your face in for a brief amount of time.

Fix this kitten. A berserker doesn’t carefully bleed foes and “torment” them, so dont try to make this some condi only training wheels bull kitten. You absolutely, horrendously destroyed this elite spec for power.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

not falling for this bs. you want to force people into the expansion like this? something i predicted you would do a year ago. enjoy your sales anet.

im bad at sarcasm

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyros.4673

Lyros.4673

No, it doesn’t. It is literally gutting an option of a playstyle in order to linearize the class even further. It is not more choice; it is less. What makes games fun is flexibility in classes. If Berserker is supposed to be a purely condi spec, why even have anything that benefits power at all? We should just strip out trait lines and put prebuilt lines that we take when we level up. All trait lines are now predefined. Let’s do what Pandaria did to WoW’s traitlines.

Hyperbole aside, removing something does not create more choice. It’s making arbitrary valleys (the nerfed builds) in order to make what’s left standing (condi) better for no real reason.

If this is to account for Spellbreaker, then it’s bad game design. There’s absolutely no reason classes should be compromised for upcoming content. If anything else it’s the upcoming content that should be adjusted around that. THAT was the problem with HoT, which I wasn’t hear for. That being said, you don’t balance old content around new content. Of course it’s not perfect; but this is an even more important issue in PVE. In PVE it hurts no one to have a variety of options even if some are overtuned.

In PVP game modes, it might make more sense to be more liberal with balancing changes. However, the problem is that Zerkers were already mediocre to worse in WVW and Power Zerkers were already trash in general, so this change ON TOP of a PVE change is more than a kick in the groin.

All of this would be easily fixed if the damage ramped up over time to compensate for the reduced power in general. Let’s look at this practically.

As of now, the current form of primal burst is nothing but a raw nerf. The 1% extra damage is miniscule and can barely be attained due to separate timer stacks.

I have two proposed changes (one of which people have already been echoing.)

First; reset the timer. At the very least, this will allow for a ramping up of damage over time instead of immediately being at maximum damage. It would live up to the Berserker title.

Second; increase the base damage bonus from primal burst. Power Berserker is already in a bad position and with bursts acting as level 1 and with separate timers, it’s nigh impossible to even attain higher damage. For example, change the damages to 10 – 18 – 26%. Not only does the damage ramp up over time, it integrates the changes that Anet made for this patch while subsequently providing power berserkers a much needed boost to sustain.

More often than not, Berserkers will not be able to sustain at higher levels as most enemies die fairly quickly; the current interation punishes ALL players severely, from raid metas to open world gameplay and enjoyment to PVP. THIS would alleviate the damage in all three as the berserker becomes more dangerous over time.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lukas.6153

Lukas.6153

No, it doesn’t. It is literally gutting an option of a playstyle in order to linearize the class even further. It is not more choice; it is less. What makes games fun is flexibility in classes. If Berserker is supposed to be a purely condi spec, why even have anything that benefits power at all? We should just strip out trait lines and put prebuilt lines that we take when we level up. All trait lines are now predefined. Let’s do what Pandaria did to WoW’s traitlines.

Hyperbole aside, removing something does not create more choice. It’s making arbitrary valleys (the nerfed builds) in order to make what’s left standing (condi) better for no real reason.

If this is to account for Spellbreaker, then it’s bad game design. There’s absolutely no reason classes should be compromised for upcoming content. If anything else it’s the upcoming content that should be adjusted around that. THAT was the problem with HoT, which I wasn’t hear for. That being said, you don’t balance old content around new content. Of course it’s not perfect; but this is an even more important issue in PVE. In PVE it hurts no one to have a variety of options even if some are overtuned.

In PVP game modes, it might make more sense to be more liberal with balancing changes. However, the problem is that Zerkers were already mediocre to worse in WVW and Power Zerkers were already trash in general, so this change ON TOP of a PVE change is more than a kick in the groin.

All of this would be easily fixed if the damage ramped up over time to compensate for the reduced power in general. Let’s look at this practically.

As of now, the current form of primal burst is nothing but a raw nerf. The 1% extra damage is miniscule and can barely be attained due to separate timer stacks.

I have two proposed changes (one of which people have already been echoing.)

First; reset the timer. At the very least, this will allow for a ramping up of damage over time instead of immediately being at maximum damage. It would live up to the Berserker title.

Second; increase the base damage bonus from primal burst. Power Berserker is already in a bad position and with bursts acting as level 1 and with separate timers, it’s nigh impossible to even attain higher damage. For example, change the damages to 10 – 18 – 26%. Not only does the damage ramp up over time, it integrates the changes that Anet made for this patch while subsequently providing power berserkers a much needed boost to sustain.

More often than not, Berserkers will not be able to sustain at higher levels as most enemies die fairly quickly; the current interation punishes ALL players severely, from raid metas to open world gameplay and enjoyment to PVP. THIS would alleviate the damage in all three as the berserker becomes more dangerous over time.

thanks mate /sign
Abolutely no reason to nerf pPS in pve. Why aren’t the changes just for wvw if the berserker was op there?! anet killed the pPS in raids, even in fractals pugs are calling for cPS.
Dunno what to do with my favorite class in pve now, only thing is to say byebye for the moment and praying anet will make a difference in skill balance between wvw and real pve.
For the moment they just eliminated the possibility to choose for the player.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

This thread is almost at 6000 views with zero input from dev’s with so many people saying the exact same things…..

Solid communication ArenaNet.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

This thread is almost at 6000 views with zero input from dev’s with so many people saying the exact same things…..

Because every time there are nerfs to warrior people seem to lose their minds, writing posts that alternate between outsized declarations of outrage and self-pity.

Like after the last patch, people learned to adapt. It’s not that bad, and warrior has been in worse shape before. Anet will eventually buff some stuff, and people will find a way to complain about that too.

That’s why they don’t bother to comment on these threads. They know that it’ll only magnify the scale of the already enormous lack of perspective and emotional maturity that lives here.

(edited by Choppy.4183)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Mikeskies.1536

Because every time there are nerfs to warrior people seem to lose their minds, writing posts that alternate between outsized declarations of outrage and self-pity.

Like after the last patch, people learned to adapt. It’s not that bad, and warrior has been in worse shape before. Anet will eventually some stuff, and people will find a way to complain about that too.

That’s why they don’t bother to comment on these threads. They know that it’ll only magnify the scale of the already enormous lack of perspective and emotional maturity that lives here.

The changes to Condition Warrior this patch were great. Both Condition DPS Berserker and Condition PS Berserker are in a great place. Whoever implemented those changes knew exactly what was needed to compensate for the Condition Duration food nerf.

On the other hand, Power Warrior, who is already under-performing received another nerf with the change to Berserker’s Power. While the stack mechanic is a welcome change and was needed to make the trait functional with Spellbreaker, the duration of the buff (10 seconds) is too short to maintain 3 stacks of Berserker’s Power for more than 1-2 seconds. On average, the current iteration of the trait might provide a value of 10% increased damage, when it used to be 20%.

In addition, the Devs stated that the change was supposed to make Power Warriors feel good about using low level bursts. The change that was implemented goes against what the Devs said. Either the duration of Berserker’s Power needs to be extended to 20 seconds or stack duration needs to be refreshed upon new application. The ask is just for the Devs to actually implement their stated design goal.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

Like after the last patch, people learned to adapt. It’s not that bad, and warrior has been in worse shape before. Anet will eventually some stuff, and people will find a way to complain about that too.

They had a tremendous lack of “perspective” in levying this nerf. They never explained it well, and that’s because its largely indefensible. It likely has everything to do with #Sellbreaker. This development team screwed the pooch with HoT, and they’re doing it again.

Was Adrenal health as it applies to Berserker Mode 66% too strong?
Was Cleansing Ire 66% too strong?

Were they so bad at balancing originally, that this skill needed to give a 1/3 of its originally traited effects? Are they admitting complete incompetence?

This class was not performing well in PVP content, it’s been over shadowed in large scale WvW for quite some time, and Condi was already the go to for damage in PvE.

So why did they completely dumpster Berserkers viability for Power?

Spellbreaker only utilizes level 1 burst, hmmmmm, coincidence?

“Oh no, we wouldn’t want trade offs in our elite specs, we just want everyone to be pigeon holed into playing the strongest spec for power and further diminish build diversity cause money.”

I don’t give a kitten if they revert changes well after PoF comes out, on principle its wrong to balance in such a way.

Good Job with ESL you slobs. I mean if you can’t balance for professional play, at least balance for fun.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Primal Burst Skills should count as lvl 2 Burst

… lvl 1 burst is just too little considering how many traits depend on it

Would still be a 33% nerf without completely destroying the old Warrior sustain from Adrenal Health & Cleansing Ire in PvP/WvW

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Masterj.4578

Masterj.4578

Throwing my two cents in, I never write on the main forums.

Hanging up my warrior until the expansion hits because this patch ruined warrior. Adrenal health and cleansing ire are nerfed with the 1 bar of adrenaline in berserker mode. Using a burst skill is now one stack which lowers damage done and health received over time.

Mained warrior since the beginning of the game but now it’s just butchered and the only fix is not to use zerk mode.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Mthe mystery.4615

Mthe mystery.4615

Hanging up my warrior until the expansion hits because this patch ruined warrior. Adrenal health and cleansing ire are nerfed with the 1 bar of adrenaline in berserker mode. Using a burst skill is now one stack which lowers damage done and health received over time.

Mained warrior since the beginning of the game but now it’s just butchered and the only fix is not to use zerk mode.

Same. I have mained warrior from almost the beginning of GW1 and all through the 5 years of gw2 so far. And can’t stand to play it anymore due to the recent patches. I just have no words anymore. Don’t understand why ele and mes gets all the favoritism and warrior continues to get shut down. I’m this close | | to being pushed over the edge and not buy the expansion. Rev have been nerfed to kitten the past year all well and they got a decent buff to Shiro so hoprfully…holefully it will eventually happen to Warrior.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Same. I have mained warrior from almost the beginning of GW1 and all through the 5 years of gw2 so far. And can’t stand to play it anymore due to the recent patches. I just have no words anymore. Don’t understand why ele and mes gets all the favoritism and warrior continues to get shut down. I’m this close | | to being pushed over the edge and not buy the expansion. Rev have been nerfed to kitten the past year all well and they got a decent buff to Shiro so hoprfully…holefully it will eventually happen to Warrior.

Mesmer and ele are anets babies, class developed by them as nothing seen before. They will never be nerfed like other classes, they need to be 30-40% more effective, cause you know favorism.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

CrashTheGrey.1492

Nah, I mained power mesmer for a long while and saw Anet repeatedly fumble hard with that class over the years. Now it’s mostly reduced to condi cheese so I can’t say they effectively balanced anything as much as they reinforced braindead gameplay.

I wonder, maybe the person meant to just put a 2 or 3, but their giant sausage fingers hit the number 1 when they were entering the code for Primal Burst. Maybe some dorito residue got stuck in the keyboard and they just sort of gave up and said “fukkit they got spellbreaker whatever”.

I mean they were too lazy to change the tooltip, but it’s not like i’d expect them to ever polish anything before releasing it blindly to a community already fully weary of their terrible balance decisions.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

Anet’s warrior balance philosophy is literally anti-fun

for real

seriously reconsidering the purchase of expansion now, may as well just stick with OW, at least they know how to make fun games

(edited by lighter.2708)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I like how you can go berserker, and not actually feel the need to go into berserker mode 24/7. I think thats kinda cool tbh from before. That was one of the things they talked about in the notes, and I think they succeeded at it for the wrong reasons. I feel good about landing a vanilla burst now?…ya I do! t1/t2 vanilla bursts….no lol. Strength line doesnt have adrenaline increases so ur kinda in a rutt if you don’t take 2 of the 3 things, “headbutt/signetoffury/dicipline line”, it comes to stacking adrenaline enough to use alll those types of bursts.

I’m running strength discipline berserker still, and its hard to get enough hits in to spam bursts now due to precision loss. So I’m stuck waiting for t3 vanilla bursts or wasting the t3 vanilla for berserker mode. My get around is using berserker stance while im doing my bursts.

But at the same time its kinda like “I took an entire traitline and alll its offer me is headbutt/rageskills aka utility if i choose them…..ummm ok”. I mean maybe thats how berserker should be? But its annoying cause there isn’t enough difference between ur stats in berserker vs stats outside of it, the only difference is the added utility of the rage burst skills taunt (if u spec)quickness at start for power users really. otherwise ur just getting more might, % damage increase, fury, stability…..stuff core warrior has for you alrdy. Ur trading t3 burst for a t1 burst + enough stuff that brings it up up to the power level of a t3 burst…lol. This is why the berserk line itself seems unnecessary now.

Its just weird, I dont feel the need to enter berserker mode most of the time now…lol. I only do it out of habit now really, or as a panic button of sorts for the taunt/quickness. The increased attack speed, +7% dmg from always angry or w/e, and the +7% precision to ferocity (or 140 ferocity), + quickness, are all pretty much equal to what ur doing in vanilla with the 21% damage increase of berserker’s power (assuming u take strength).

Its like buying a blue and a red car at the same time….they both do the same thing, so u just swap back and forth depending on what colour you feel like driving. Then you ask urself…why don’t I trade in the blue car for a better stereo system on the red car? and you draw a blank.

For pve though you can still headbutt, using gs f1 (or any melee f1)…..use signet of fury…swap to ur offhand and initiate berserk and start ur burst. This basically gives you perma fury and the 21% damage increase for 10 seconds ontop of the bonuses you get from berserker. This is alot less viable in pvp/wvsw though. Although a basic melee warrior berserker build that stunlocks can do this fairly easily should ur stuns work and ur able to go deeeeeeep.
healing signet + signet of fury + berserker stance +bull rush (or outbreak or whatever rly) + headbutt…combined with mace/shield gs. I mean that makes for a viable melee burst build.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

I’m not buying the expansion just because of this and am quiting the game.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: DeShadowWolf.6854

DeShadowWolf.6854

Quitting a game over a balance patch? Your loss.

(not even saying it was a good one)

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Like after the last patch, people learned to adapt. It’s not that bad, and warrior has been in worse shape before. Anet will eventually buff some stuff, and people will find a way to complain about that too.

You know how people "Adapted’ after the last patch? We switched to Cancer Condi, or tried to salvage the fun we originally had with Power Berzerker, in the hope that this time around we’d get Power Warrior back.

The only time berzerker was in a “Worse Spot” (Allegedly) was early in Heart of Thorn’s PvP, when we had far more deadly and fun Primal Burst skills (Decapitate, Arc Divider, and Gunflame were all stronger), but insufficient sustain to contribute competitively.

I really wish the developers would stop taking fun things away, especially when it’s generally underperforming anyway.

And what’s this nonsense about Berzerkers being OP in WvW? Druids, Engis, and thieves all were better roamers, and Guardians, Elementalists, and Necromancers outshined Warriors in larger fights, while Mesmers provided insane utility (And roaming power with GS). Then again, it seems any time Warrior is strong enough to provide a real role and hold its own, players of other classes perceive it as OP because Warriors aren’t merely the stock disposable redshirt footmen everyone fighting them wants them to be.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Choppy.4183

You know how people "Adapted’ after the last patch? We switched to Cancer Condi, or tried to salvage the fun we originally had with Power Berzerker, in the hope that this time around we’d get Power Warrior back.

The only time berzerker was in a “Worse Spot” (Allegedly) was early in Heart of Thorn’s PvP, when we had far more deadly and fun Primal Burst skills (Decapitate, Arc Divider, and Gunflame were all stronger), but insufficient sustain to contribute competitively.

I really wish the developers would stop taking fun things away, especially when it’s generally underperforming anyway.

And what’s this nonsense about Berzerkers being OP in WvW? Druids, Engis, and thieves all were better roamers, and Guardians, Elementalists, and Necromancers outshined Warriors in larger fights, while Mesmers provided insane utility (And roaming power with GS). Then again, it seems any time Warrior is strong enough to provide a real role and hold its own, players of other classes perceive it as OP because Warriors aren’t merely the stock disposable redshirt footmen everyone fighting them wants them to be.

The funny thing is, you can go to pretty much every subforum right now and find posts just like yours about different classes.

Within hours of a major, across the game balance patch (complete with new traits) people were already complaining about the death of their class.

The dust hasn’t even settled yet.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

The funny thing is, you can go to pretty much every subforum right now and find posts just like yours about different classes.

Within hours of a major, across the game balance patch (complete with new traits) people were already complaining about the death of their class.

The dust hasn’t even settled yet.

only warriors before the nerf were already under preforming.
The other classes also got huge nerfs, but they were actually performing before.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Quitting a game over a balance patch? Your loss.

(not even saying it was a good one)

no gain no loss. The only person losing here is you and it will be your time, money. Instead of trying to flame me try thinking long an hard for a more witty response.

Massive Warrior NERF!!!!

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

You cannot adapt to these changes with berserk spec, no sustain and no condi cleanse is not adaptable.