[Merged]Stun warrior meta

in Warrior

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Where have you been? eles were gods months ago, my friend used to main it, now he doesn’t play it, because it’s not that awesome anymore.
and i know that you don’t play a single warrior from your list full of BS.
that one big river of Bullkitten you got there.

NO..where have you been?
Eles have never been awesome in the first place, just few trolls running a tank/healing build and RTL away when losing…WHAT IS AWESOME ABOUT THAT?

Eles were gods because the majority of “pro” warriors were dead fixed in using their one trick zerker build against a tank build..and you ended up losing always ..because ofc you had no kittening toughness compared to the 1900 toughness ele but you still complained nevertheless

I play warrior as well and I perfectly know how the axe autoattack on a soldier amulet warrior deal close to the dmg of a phoenix when using a zerker ele.

On the contrary of your friend who enjoyed trolling people in WvWvW with his d/d tank build ( not able to kill anything _) I’ve got friends who can show you how awesome was the warrior during the times the ele was considered a God, with their mace/hammer build…but again months ago all you’d find were 100b zerker heroes crying on how “UP” was the warrior ….GG

in Warrior

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

The GvG community is trying an “occupy PvP” tactic, basically meaning that they come here to post about balance changes that are needed to make different team compositions in GvG possible.

The fellow complaining about 5 to kill a war is not the GvG community that war might be, never seen anyone from GvG come here asking for balance changes. Just myself saying how bad conquest mode is and how average the top PvPers are….. all true.

Anyway warrior is top dog in all three game modes PvE, PvP and WvW its a nice addition in GvGs also but nothing you want to overstack.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Excalibur getting trolled.

Now to get on topic, I agree. Healing signet ain’t OP, think about it, 8k health/20s. Plenty of other heals do that amount.

Actually almost no heals do that amount.

Signet of Malice.
Ranger healing technically out heals that since it heals the ranger and the pet.
Other classes AOE healing skills can out heal that.

Not really fair though since you listed the minimum amount a heal can be used. Make it 25 seconds.

Troll Unguent Healing in 10 seconds:
8560 (17120 because it heals the pet.

HS Healing in 10 seconds.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Where have you been? eles were gods months ago, my friend used to main it, now he doesn’t play it, because it’s not that awesome anymore.
and i know that you don’t play a single warrior from your list full of BS.
that one big river of Bullkitten you got there.

NO..where have you been?
Eles have never been awesome in the first place, just few trolls running a tank/healing build and RTL away when losing…WHAT IS AWESOME ABOUT THAT?

Eles were gods because the majority of “pro” warriors were dead fixed in using their one trick zerker build against a tank build..and you ended up losing always ..because ofc you had no kittening toughness compared to the 1900 toughness ele but you still complained nevertheless

I play warrior as well and I perfectly know how the axe autoattack on a soldier amulet warrior deal close to the dmg of a phoenix when using a zerker ele.

On the contrary of your friend who enjoyed trolling people in WvWvW with his d/d tank build ( not able to kill anything _) I’ve got friends who can show you how awesome was the warrior during the times the ele was considered a God, with their mace/hammer build…but again months ago all you’d find were 100b zerker heroes crying on how “UP” was the warrior ….GG

lol, where have you been man, in wvw, d/d ele used to 1v10, it can still get away after kills and it was obviously more tanky then a full tank warrior in pvp.

yea, eles were known as god is TOTALLY because of some warriors. make so much sense. do you even logic.

also i call your list full of bs, because you dont have a single idea why they applied those changes, your matches are all messed up and half of them are not correct.

And so what, axe auto attack(3 skills) does more damage then phoenix, your comparison is totally off, im not even going to mention how it(they) does more damage then hundred blades, kill shot, eviscerate and that it takes like 3 seconds to land them and it is a pain in the kitten to land them all because of 130 range and resets. phoenix is a freaking aoe with 240 radius, ,1/4 sec ct, 900 range, unblockable, blast finisher and gives you vigor. tell me more.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in Warrior

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

Balance is a funny thing. My Engy finds it extremely difficult to kill a stun-chain warrior. My Mesmer kills them easily. Yet my Engy destroys Mesmers.
Not to say that it is completely balanced, but it is not black and white either.

in Warrior

Posted by: doc phil.8015

doc phil.8015

Sorry I didn’t have the time to read all the answers so sorry if my question has been answered before. The original poster said that you could hit 4k damage and still have 3200 armor.hm I get around 3,2k damage on my third(!) hit with the mace in WvW (with buff food)going almost completely berserker (just 2 knights earrings) and melandru runes and i have 2,8 k armor. So how do you get your 4k damage? I really don’t get your point. It doesn’t really help to exaggerate actually. In PvP if you want that kinda armor you’d have around 15 % critical chance and like 30-35 % critical damage so you’d get nowhere near that kinda damage. Even in WvW where I have 92 % critical damage I don’t have that on my mace. I know stun warriors are annoying but still if you’re playing 1on1 mace/shield and GS is great but playing against more than one enemy it is not that good anymore and in WvW if you want to run with the Zerk it is almost useless. Warrior is a viable profession in PvP,WvW and PvE now but I don’t think it is close to being OP. I’m not trying to offend someone but that’s just my opinion.
BTW what I love most right now in PvP is Sword/Sword + Longbow and going for condition Warrior. Definatly not a new concept but I really like it with 0/30/20/0/20

Dzagonur Warrior
Dochil [GDA]

(edited by doc phil.8015)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Balance is a funny thing. My Engy finds it extremely difficult to kill a stun-chain warrior. My Mesmer kills them easily. Yet my Engy destroys Mesmers.
Not to say that it is completely balanced, but it is not black and white either.

And Engineers are getting stealth/aoe stability and even more tools to keep warriors away from them.

in Warrior

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Stop bringing a WvWvW/non-SPVP thread into the SPVP forums.

1) Maybe because it was the worst class in the game a few months ago?

2) You mean by buffing shouts, one of our unused builds? That won’t help the scary warriors most cry about.

Warriors counter is Blind/Poison/Burst damage, things many classes have.

3) They are adding more weapons to all classes soon, also since you can only have 2 weapons for most professions equipped why does it even matter?

Now move this to its proper forum.

actually im glad to se warriors represented in spvp. they were terrible in spvp as their main attacks were way too predictable and there was no way to lock another class down. so yeah in spvp i hope the dont nerf the warrior to the ground as some buffs were needed to even bring them into spvp.
thats way i hope they will separate spvp balance and wvw balance again.otherwise u will see every wvw player on these forums here asking for nerfs and balance chances. warriors in wvw=beast godmode, in spvp=finally respected!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Warrior

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

all classes in this game are designed to have something they are good in and for this they have some weakness

guardian good bunker – low dmg
engineer good knockbacks – no stability
mesmer good tools – bad vs condis
thief good dmg escapes – squishi
……..
warrior before all this buffs best damage ingame but no stustain so he cant stay infight forever to bring this op damage constant on his target
warrior before was designed to go in and burst and go out – needed some slight adjustments here and their but was NEVER bad

NOW
they got buffed in everything
they can be best bunker ingame – even with berserker they live longer than a bunker guardian
they have invul utiliti + condi imun
they have tons stability
they can stunlock targets forever
they have with some weapons best mobility ingame
they have livereg higher than some classes can do damage

AND all this compared with their op damage they have since release

so seriously – whats the goal with this class?

it hardcounters atm rangerz, engineers, mesmer, necros and somehow ele

and on top – they even wanna buff this class more with next balancing patch

i dont get it

in Warrior

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

all classes in this game are designed to have something they are good in and for this they have some weakness

guardian good bunker – low dmg
engineer good knockbacks – no stability
mesmer good tools – bad vs condis
thief good dmg escapes – squishi
……..
warrior before all this buffs best damage ingame but no stustain so he cant stay infight forever to bring this op damage constant on his target
warrior before was designed to go in and burst and go out – needed some slight adjustments here and their but was NEVER bad

NOW
they got buffed in everything
they can be best bunker ingame – even with berserker they live longer than a bunker guardian
they have invul utiliti + condi imun
they have tons stability
they can stunlock targets forever
they have with some weapons best mobility ingame
they have livereg higher than some classes can do damage

AND all this compared with their op damage they have since release

so seriously – whats the goal with this class?

it hardcounters atm rangerz, engineers, mesmer, necros and somehow ele

and on top – they even wanna buff this class more with next balancing patch

i dont get it

Based, of course, on the 30/30/30/30/30 build. Darn that build.

in Warrior

Romek.4201

no based overall on “per class”

and warrior dont need 30/30/30/3…… for all this – stop this nonsense
here just 1 build
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-ss-o;1NK-Q0f4cL-60;9;59T-T;13;0287;157AC-F6;2KJG4KJG45Bg

most i wrote is in and it even need lower skillcap than spiritranger ever was

seriously – who call this class somehow balanced in spvp atm can only be bad and need to be carried by OPness

oh and to bring not only complains:
1. bring finaly “dimishing returns” inGame for stuns and fear – DR is not fun but with the amount of cc YOU Mr.Arenanet spam this game we rly need this
2. with the sustain and how bunkerish warrior now is you should rly nerf his damage hard – somehow like 50% (should be in all this bunkertraits so he can go dmg and squishi or bunker but guardiandmg)
3. condiimun should only be imun for DAMAGE Conditions and not CC or weakness + it should work like invul and node should not be capped in this time (same for engi trait)

thx

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Warrior

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

Ahem.

IF a warrior has access to invulnerability AND condi-immunity (which isn’t true condi-immunity, only duration reduction, which can be bypassed with condition duration bonuses somewhat), then he has little access to stability, only receiving it via his remaining utility skill, likely for ~8 seconds on a 45 second-ish cooldown.

IF a warrior has tons of stability, he lacks invulnerability and condition cleansing. 8 seconds of condition duration reduction is still possible, but he lacks cleansing without Mending or Cleansing Ire, which he needs to build for, and have a suitable weapon for.

In order to make up for the condition removal lost be investing heavily in stances or stability, he needs to have consistent access to condition cleansing. This means he needs a weapon to bypass frequent blinds and misses with burst skills to proc Cleansing Ire, which means he’s probably bringing a Longbow.

IF he’s bringing a longbow in these circumstances, that means he has either sacrificed CC ability in the popular mace/shield combo, OR mobility/body cleave in the Greatsword weapon. He brings a bit of range, and group support, but loses out on these two common tools.

If, going back to a previous point, he opts out of Cleansing Ire, he will likely NEED to take Mending to deal with condition damage. This lowers his overall survivability while providing a poor means of cleansing conditions. Alternatively, he could take Healing Surge, and hope to outlast his opponent with the burst healing before succumbing to conditions.

And all of this still isn’t taking into account what a warrior needs to bunker: In order to actually HOLD a point, the warrior needs not only a means of negating damage, but of quickly regenerating and avoiding it. Banner Regeneration combined with Adrenal Healing combined with Healing Signet CAN provide a lot of healing, but even regen of this magnitude can’t sufficiently heal through the damage of multiple characters. Mace/Shield function somewhat well in this regard, giving plenty of frames of enemy damage halting and the Shield block, but that’s still only 3 seconds. You can get a bit more with the Invuln. Stance, but now you’ve used up 2 utility slots for surviving direct damage, and have NO stability, so the question becomes: Do you spec for stability, or for condi-removal? You can pick up Cleansing Ire and a Longbow and HOPE that it’s enough, or grab Berserker Stance and hope that THAT’S enough condi reduction, and that you can dodge roll any and all CC coming your way, which is nigh impossibly because you don’t have stability OR easy access to long-term vigor. If you’ve specc’d into vigor on stance use, that’ll alleviate it a little, but then you’re just getting extra dodges during periods of time where you’re taking greatly reduced damage anyways.

Now, I say all this not to say that warriors are bad. They’re quite good. But there’s a LOT to consider when going into a role as a warrior, and they have their pros and cons just like any other class. They still have glaring weaknesses, no matter what you spec into. They may be strong in some situations, but absolutely not ALL of them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

In past all we had “buffed” was:

-reworked brawn to reduce cd on burst -no1 used to complain back then
-Cleansing ire – no1 used to complain
-Burst mastery -no1 was complain
-reduced aftercast on hammer skills by mere 0.5sec..no1 complained
-Dogger march -no1 was complain
-Mace stun increased by 1sec and damage by 50%..no1 was complain
-Healing abilities improved – OMFG WARRIOR OP NERF!!111 CAN’T FACEROLL EM ANYMORE!!!111111

If u don’t see it ur simply blind.

Warrior community been asking since launch for buff to sustain..For past 10 months we used to play a underdog class, being a free kill. Now as we can fight back we become OP just bc someone think he should kill warrior without effort like in old days – but bad news to u, the class won’t carry u anymore and maybe its time to look at ur build and stop putting dps kitten in utility.

The stunlock warrior is pure melee with 0 mobility and telegraphed skills, if u have problems exploit their lack of mobility i don’t know what to say..or maybe i know but i keep it for myself. Bb whiners

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

no based overall on “per class”

and warrior dont need 30/30/30/3…… for all this – stop this nonsense
here just 1 build
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-ss-o;1NK-Q0f4cL-60;9;59T-T;13;0287;157AC-F6;2KJG4KJG45Bg

most i wrote is in and it even need lower skillcap than spiritranger ever was

seriously – who call this class somehow balanced in spvp atm can only be bad and need to be carried by OPness

oh and to bring not only complains:
1. bring finaly “dimishing returns” inGame for stuns and fear – DR is not fun but with the amount of cc YOU Mr.Arenanet spam this game we rly need this
2. with the sustain and how bunkerish warrior now is you should rly nerf his damage hard – somehow like 50% (should be in all this bunkertraits so he can go dmg and squishi or bunker but guardiandmg)
3. condiimun should only be imun for DAMAGE Conditions and not CC or weakness + it should work like invul and node should not be capped in this time (same for engi trait)

thx

The basis of a bunker is that he can hold pretty much indefinitely in 1v1 against a non-condi profession. This imba warr will still die to a mesmer or a good S/D thief 1v1. And melts in seconds in a teamfocus. I fail to see how it outbunkers guardian. :P

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Tired-of-being-a-free-kill/first#post2265913

warrior is fine and will be op after they trie to fix it for the masses

Remember when Warriors were a joke and nobody ever used them for anything? Well this guy obviously thought we were fine. Proceed with caution.

i dont hate warrior – i just dont trust the random joe and im always happy when warrior is in enemy team^^

As you can see, the bull kitten meter is pretty high. Proceed with caution..

As for the OP…

awesome feeling, when you see that warrior running for his life after fighting you…when you see your name displayed on the left side of the last 4 killed enemies…it’s an awesome feeling, it’s there that you realize that all your efforts…was time well spend nuff said

Wow. Sounds like he sang a better tune a bit ago!

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Whatever we said he’ll never listen, it’s simple if you see a warrior change to mace shield make sure he wont get near you because once you let him you will know and 1000% expected that he will stun you he will not use 100b if you are not stun unless he is bad or just use it by mistake, and stun warriors use this build because it’s very effective againts condition meta most of the class that focus their build in condition doesnt care to bring a stun breaker or stability, i always lose to mesmer with mace/shield build but that doesnt mean anet needs to nerf them, what i did is think how to counter their current build which i succeed so if you are really annoyed with the current stun warrior why not play around with the build that can counter it? Not come here and post exaggerated numbers that will make you look like a troll. I will tell you i have a build for my warrior with 25k hp 3.1k armor 3k attack 20% crit chance 25% crit damage i dont think i can hit 4k damage per attack with my stat and this build is made to counter 2 necros vs me or maybe 3 condition vs me so i still have time to run away just play around with your class and you will see warrior is far from OP in spvp other class still target me 1st than other class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pnoi.8903

Pnoi.8903

The only OP thing I see is skull crack CD and heal sig.

IGN : Pnoi

in Warrior

Romek.4201

dont know what you Mr. Daecollo trie to say with a posting from 2 months ago where i said the same as i say now.

And I was right 2 months ago and im right now – you will see it in 2 months^^

have fun

edit: and in your quote you should mark the “I dont trust the random joe” too when wanna make some sense

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

The only OP thing I see is skull crack CD and heal sig.

Skull Crack is getting nerfed already, I suggested a -25% Base Heal amount on HS in pvp only. It does heal for a bit, however I also suggested a Mending buff as well.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-changes-I-foresee-happening/first#post2826198

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

dont know what you Mr. Daecollo trie to say with a posting from 2 months ago where i said the same as i say now.

And I was right 2 months ago and im right now – you will see it in 2 months^^

have fun

So its fine when Warriors were underpowered and a free kill, however now that you have trouble, can’t adapt and adjust to kill them the only thing you can do is … well?

I will just leave the … to your own imagination.

in Warrior

Romek.4201

i dont said they was freekill wtf you r talking about?

i said they was fine but most warrior players just sucked and cried in forum cause it was not easy to play and it would be better they are in enemy team than in mine – it this to hard to understand?

atm i say same bout eles^^ – better they are in enemy team than in mine cause most suck but when this class get some serious buffs ele will be op

there was warrior which did fine even in top tier playing and yes buffing this class would make it op how it is now, but it is just fail to buff this class to what we have now where the bad players can faceroll everything and the good players are juggernauts and even refuse to play the class anymore cause its to easy.

dont understand wtf you wanna trie to say

in Warrior

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

Yeah, right. Warrior was so buffed that almost nobody used them in tournaments in almost a year. Everybody said warrior sucks and needs to be buffed before they finally gave them what they needed.
And now everybody thinks they are overpowered.

Oh and please, dont even try to compare spvp and wvw, wvw is a different world far away from spvp.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in Warrior

Posted by: Bearhugger.4326

Bearhugger.4326

Healing Signet is quite possibly the highest passive regen in the game, but warriors have very high health and no reliable access to protection so this is needed for long-term sustain.

What needs a change is the signet’s active. I don’t want the heal buffed because it would be overpowered to have high passive healing on top of a good active heal skill, however I’d like to have a reason to use it. Since the devs would like to improve sustain, I would suggest changing the signet’s active effect so that it also heals other players for 50% of what the signet healed the warrior. (Passive effect is unchanged.) So it’s not more powerful for the warrior and it actually hurts him to use it since he loses the heal, but it gives him a little tool to support his party. Let’s say that you are a full support warrior with maxed healing power. Healing Signet heals for what, 4,000? Then using it also gets a 2,000 heal to nearly party members. With regen banners or healing shouts, I think this could make support warriors pretty sweet to have in a party, especially if they’re also tanky.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

they didnt give them what they needed. what they needed and asked for was sustained healing which they got just recently – what they got first was a sick buff to bursting (read stunning) and condi cleanse on bursting – nobody asked for that ever, well yes the condi cleanse because warrior was very lacking in that department without warhorn or soldier/shout build, but not the buff to bursting.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Warrior was never used because other classes were better suited for the roles a Warrior could fill. Until they slowly nerfed them one at a time, and now finally War’s have a spot in the meta.

in Warrior

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

You can’t adapt so you want it to be nerfed, exactly like those noobs wanting 100b to be nerfed because it did TONS OF DAMAGE.

I can’t even express how pathetics you all are.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

OP/similar logic is that the reason they could kill all the warriors before was because all the warrior players were bad, not that the profession sucked or anything. Now they are dying to warriors is not because the players are good, but the profession is OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Whatever we said he’ll never listen, it’s simple if you see a warrior change to mace shield make sure he wont get near you because once you let him you will know and 1000% expected that he will stun you he will not use 100b if you are not stun unless he is bad or just use it by mistake, and stun warriors use this build because it’s very effective againts condition meta most of the class that focus their build in condition doesnt care to bring a stun breaker or stability, i always lose to mesmer with mace/shield build but that doesnt mean anet needs to nerf them, what i did is think how to counter their current build which i succeed so if you are really annoyed with the current stun warrior why not play around with the build that can counter it? Not come here and post exaggerated numbers that will make you look like a troll. I will tell you i have a build for my warrior with 25k hp 3.1k armor 3k attack 20% crit chance 25% crit damage i dont think i can hit 4k damage per attack with my stat and this build is made to counter 2 necros vs me or maybe 3 condition vs me so i still have time to run away just play around with your class and you will see warrior is far from OP in spvp other class still target me 1st than other class.

Necromancers are usually running with two stunbreakers at least these days. Some of them are even going deeper into 30 traitpoints into Soul Reaping for Stability on Death Shroud (which isn’t even useful for conditions since it is a crit damage traitline) and it isn’t even enough to stop the stun spam.
A warrior can use Skull Crack and Earthshaker every 7 and 1/2 seconds and swap weapon sets every 5s. Plus those aren’t even the only CCs warrior have access to, in fact there are 3 more of them on Hammer + Mace/shield. A Necromancer can stunbreak every 46s at best and gain stability every 10s for 3s. That means that for at least 7s or even more (Necromancers usually don’t jump and exit right after from DS, but they stay in there for at least 3s), you are completely vulnerable to stuns. So, while a Necromancer has to flawlessly dodge every stun to survive (including Skull Crack that has little to no animation), a Warrior can keep cycling through its stuns spamming them mindlessly putting insane pressure on his enemies.
In the meantime, Warrior can easily counter Necro’s conditions by keep spamming its Burst skills (2-3 conditions removed each time) and using Berserker Stance as oh-kitten button to gain 100% immunity, while Healing Signet (+ Adrenal Health) vanify at least 3-4 stacks of bleeding automatically. Not to talk about the insane HP pool AND the nearly immunity to direct damage thanks to 3000+ armor, shield stance on demand and Endure Pain.
It is good to have a counter to conditions, but it’s not good to have a god-mode profession walking in PvP.

Sorry I didn’t have the time to read all the answers so sorry if my question has been answered before. The original poster said that you could hit 4k damage and still have 3200 armor.hm I get around 3,2k damage on my third(!) hit with the mace in WvW (with buff food)going almost completely berserker (just 2 knights earrings) and melandru runes and i have 2,8 k armor. So how do you get your 4k damage? I really don’t get your point. It doesn’t really help to exaggerate actually. In PvP if you want that kinda armor you’d have around 15 % critical chance and like 30-35 % critical damage so you’d get nowhere near that kinda damage. Even in WvW where I have 92 % critical damage I don’t have that on my mace. I know stun warriors are annoying but still if you’re playing 1on1 mace/shield and GS is great but playing against more than one enemy it is not that good anymore and in WvW if you want to run with the Zerk it is almost useless. Warrior is a viable profession in PvP,WvW and PvE now but I don’t think it is close to being OP. I’m not trying to offend someone but that’s just my opinion.
BTW what I love most right now in PvP is Sword/Sword + Longbow and going for condition Warrior. Definatly not a new concept but I really like it with 0/30/20/0/20

It is easily possible to get 4k damage on a tank warrior.
The build I’m talking about is 0/10/30/0/30 with Unsuspecting Foe (50% crit on stunned), Merciless Hammer (25% damage on hammer on stunned), Burst Mastery and Destruction of the Empowered with Soldier Amulet + Berserker Jewel and Runes of the Ogre (or Crit damage runes).

The result is a warrior with 24k+ HP, 3200 Armor on shield and 3000 on hammer and insane damage on stunned foes.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: supergica.8652

supergica.8652

I was one of the people who thought warriors are not that op, just easier to play.

But more and more lately I kept running into these unkillable damage-dealing powerhouses that took at least 2 people to bring down. So i decided to actually finally put my mesmer and thief aside to try it for my self to see it’s weaknesses.

And what do you know, THERE AREN"T ANY! This class is just so well rounded and so viable that it performs excellent in every single situation. Support healer, nuker, crowd controler, fast map roamer, this class simply has everything. It’s not just that it’s easier to do your rotation/combo, they simply are more powerful.

I think that’s the main thing all the warrior fanboys purposefully ignore. This class has no weaknesses and there isn’t a single other class that performs that well. Every other class has something that is just sucks at. Thieves are squishy, guardians have lower damage output, necros have no burst, mesmers have bad condition removers and slow map speed, etc. etc. I can’t name one thing warriors suck at, they are good at everything.

I know the main reasoning behind the warrior was to be a natively popular class for newbies and lowskill players so they can have an easier time doing content and compete better against more skilled players from the other, more skill intensive (but supposedly more rewarding) classes. But right now they just seem more objectively strong, so when two equally skilled players meet, the one with the warrior will win unless he makes great mistakes. I just wonder how far can the buffing go…

(edited by supergica.8652)

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

Once you’ve waited out zerk stance then just don’t get hit by a crippled/chilled mace F1 and dodge hammer F1. That spec has no active cleansing except lyssa on elite and cleansing ire. Warr can’t constantly cleanse without hitting. Flesh wurm is the best stunbreak against a full melee warr, since it acts as a Z-axis stunbreak. GL for that warrior chasing you. Spectral Walk and wurm should be on your bar if you’re facing a full melee warr. I’ve seen some good necros who also use lyssa runes btw.

Lbow/hammer is a different creature, that’s the only spec that allows reliable cleansing. As you can see it doesn’t use mace and has 2 stuns and 1 daze less than the other spec. Imo it’s even stronger than all the other specs people are QQing about.

Para sigil fix will hurt both GS/mace+shield and hammer/mace+shield specs, but it won’t hit that spec so hard, since the only stun is the highly telegraphed hammer F1. So enjoy getting rolled by decent warriors who use that and come back crying for nerfs to lbow etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

There is a core issue in Warriors buffs.

That it will be overnerfed again when the stacking of all this buffs (especially latest ones) will make the masses cry at him, just like betas, like Mesmers for first 10 months, like Necros in latest 2.

Warrior needed some serious help? Sure.
But i think they’re getting very very close to crossing the line of “Overbuffing”, if not already in certain builds.
There isn’t a middle state between UP and OP for Anet?

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gutts.8791

Gutts.8791

I remember going up against a d/d ele AFTER their nerf but BEFORE we had our recent buffs.

I lost to him and told him that I was absolutely gutted, because my warrior is my main and I wanted to to better against him than that. His ele was barely scratched, was diving all over the place, knocking me around all over the place, constantly healing etc etc.

He was a nice guy and full of sportsmanship but I’ll never forget what he said to me

“don’t worry, warriors aren’t made for 1v1”.

I was absolutely devastated lol. Since changing my build etc I now do ok against eles. They need to be nerfed a bit more though, 2 knockdowns one of them on a shorter cooldown than our Stomp skill is too much, especially as they dont’ even need to use a utility slot for it.

Also eles don’t forget, you have 20 skills you can cycle through aside from your utility slot as oppose to our 12. You’ve always got something useful coming off cooldown. You need to be nerfed and we need a 3rd weapon slot added for us to make us a little better.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Once you’ve waited out zerk stance then just don’t get hit by a crippled/chilled mace F1 and dodge hammer F1. That spec has no active cleansing except lyssa on elite and cleansing ire. Warr can’t constantly cleanse without hitting. Flesh wurm is the best stunbreak against a full melee warr, since it acts as a Z-axis stunbreak. GL for that warrior chasing you. Spectral Walk and wurm should be on your bar if you’re facing a full melee warr. I’ve seen some good necros who also use lyssa runes btw.

Lbow/hammer is a different creature, that’s the only spec that allows reliable cleansing. As you can see it doesn’t use mace and has 2 stuns and 1 daze less than the other spec. Imo it’s even stronger than all the other specs people are QQing about.

Para sigil fix will hurt both GS/mace+shield and hammer/mace+shield specs, but it won’t hit that spec so hard, since the only stun is the highly telegraphed hammer F1. So enjoy getting rolled by decent warriors who use that and come back crying for nerfs to lbow etc.

You show to have no clue at all on how Necromancer profession works.

That spec has no active cleasning except Lyssa and Cleansing Ire? Then they have active cleansing, you have just listed them! Plus berserker stance, which gives Warriors a free pass on every condition for 8s, in which they are unkiteable and unkillable by condition specs.

Warriors can constantly cleanse. With Earthshaker they don’t need to hit the Necromancer himself to get a cleanse, they just need to hit any of the AI entity or any other player on the point to get a full 3 condi cleanse. And you will have an AI entity around you if you have at least 5 points into Death Magic, even if you’re alone.

Also, it is mathematically impossible to dodge every Earthshaker and survive. Why? Because Earthshaker is on a 7 and 1/2s cooldown and Necromancers (with no access to vigor at all) regenerates one dodge every 10s. Which means that if you’re dodging every Earthshaker, you’re not dodging any other skill, so you’re not dodging Skull Crack, you’re not dodging Shield Bash, neither Pommel Bash.

About Flash Wurm, are you really convinced about what you’re saying? A unreliable stunbreaker that can be easily killed and forces you to leave the point you’re contesting? Also, Lyssa runes on Necromancers?! I think we’ve passed the limit here…

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

Weaknesses based on the spec you’re playing:
GS/Mace+shield:
- Easily kited, worthless damage against anyone who stunbreaks, when shut down are completely useless in teamfights.
- Weak against burst damage, has to hit every single mace F1 to get any use out of cleansing ire.
- Not enough AoE pressure and highly vulnerable when bursting.
Hammer+mace/shield:
- No range, quite easily kited.
- Weak cleave damage, can’t prevent rezzes with damage.
- Stability shuts him down and prevents from locking targets down.
- Very weak to blind when zerk stance is used up.
- Highly telegraphed except for mace F1.
Hammer/lbow:
- Weak against constant melee pressure from thieves and S/F eles who can nullify your lbow.
- Bad mobility and has to cleanse actively in a midfight for sustain.
- Easily focused down, no active blocks/invulns.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

OP stop writing words on these forums

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

You show to have no clue at all on how Necromancer profession works.

That spec has no active cleasning except Lyssa and Cleansing Ire? Then they have active cleansing, you have just listed them! Plus berserker stance, which gives Warriors a free pass on every condition for 8s, in which they are unkiteable and unkillable by condition specs.

Warriors can constantly cleanse. With Earthshaker they don’t need to hit the Necromancer himself to get a cleanse, they just need to hit any of the AI entity or any other player on the point to get a full 3 condi cleanse. And you will have an AI entity around you if you have at least 5 points into Death Magic, even if you’re alone.

About Flash Wurm, are you really convinced about what you’re saying? A unreliable stunbreaker that can be easily killed and forces you to leave the point you’re contesting? Also, Lyssa runes on Necromancers?! I think we’ve passed the limit here…

Necro isn’t a bunker, gtfo from the point and spam from the ledge or atleast stand next to your guard.
Wurm is one of the best stunbreaks against full melee, since you can abuse ledges. Similar to thief shadowstep and mesmer blink/staff 2. The rat from minor 5 will die to the first earthshaker anyways when he already has zerk stance up.

Lyssa gives you aegis and stability to help you overcome warr’s zerk stance. Even neccys can get overloaded by condis, besides it gives good boon cover against S/D thieves. There’s a reason some necros are good and have adapted and some still play full offensive utilities/traits and QQ.

Overall, you only need enough def to overcome the first seconds of focus, so your team can peel him off of you. You should never be trying to fight warrior 1v1, he is your hard counter! And if you know there’s a hard counter for you in the match don’t try to solobunker home or whatever. Play defensively behind the line and punish the warriors overextending with your teams thief and GG.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Do you think that condition meta was horrible? WRONG!
Welcome to the stun meta, where condition-immune, 3200 armor 24k HP warriors are stunning you while dealing 4k damage per hit.

What it is funny is that the next patch, those warriors will become even more insane thanks to hammer and shout healing buffs. A step into the right direction, I’d say!

I really hope ArenaNet is aware that the meta is even worse compared to what it was a month ago.

We’re now at the apex of warrior OPness. OP in PvE, OP in WvW, OP in PvP. Yeah, they definitely need a buff.

Just one thing: remember the “Necromancer not OP, people need to L2P thread?”

Well, now it’s our turn.

I’m happy I can see things from this side of the barricade now, even if I don’t play cc war and never played condi.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

“we needed 5 people to kill a warrior”

I can’t stop laughing
I can picture it “LF2M to kill a Warrior, need Guard and Ele”.
WvW scrubs give the best laffs.

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

There are finally raids in GW2!

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Necro isn’t a bunker, gtfo from the point and spam from the ledge or atleast stand next to your guard.
Wurm is one of the best stunbreaks against full melee, since you can abuse ledges. Similar to thief shadowstep and mesmer blink/staff 2. The rat from minor 5 will die to the first earthshaker anyways when he already has zerk stance up.

Lyssa gives you aegis and stability to help you overcome warr’s zerk stance. Even neccys can get overloaded by condis, besides it gives good boon cover against S/D thieves. There’s a reason some necros are good and have adapted and some still play full offensive utilities/traits and QQ.

Overall, you only need enough def to overcome the first seconds of focus, so your team can peel him off of you. You should never be trying to fight warrior 1v1, he is your hard counter! And if you know there’s a hard counter for you in the match don’t try to solobunker home or whatever. Play defensively behind the line and punish the warriors overextending with your teams thief and GG.

So your solution is to stand next to my guardian (which means that the chances that an ES lands are way higher) or spam from a ledge. Amazing.

Also I guess you have never played Necromancer if you’re suggest to use the wurm as stunbreaker. It takes a couple of seconds to be killed and then you have lost a stunbreaker for nothing. It is unreliable, every Necromancer knows that and that’s why none is using it on non-minion builds.

You are assuming that the rat dies when he uses the first ES and he has already use berserker stance. This is a pretty made-up situation.

Yeah, Lyssa runes are awesome, I know that. Now tell me which elite of Necromancer is worth using with Lyssa.

Do you really think that a Thief is capable to kill a stance Warrior? Please, roll thief for a couple of SoloQ matches and try to kill a Warrior.

It is also funny how you accurately ignored the fact that your suggestion to dodge Earthshaker was completely senseless and that you came up to the solution that the only thing you can do is to avoid the combat.

Just one thing: remember the “Necromancer not OP, people need to L2P thread?”

Well, now it’s our turn.

I’m happy I can see things from this side of the barricade now, even if I don’t play cc war and never played condi.

I’ve never said that Necromancer was not OP after the June patch, I even stopped playing it until it was on a reasonable state again. Most pre-buff Necromancers said that it was OP and the damage buff was not needed. What’s your point, exactly?

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

The mace stun is getting nerfed due to sigil and that is a good thing.

The mace stun is the single biggest noob killer in this game and that is why there is so much whine over it, everyone who cant play and dies to it should be a bit happier and hopefully less vocal after patch :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

The mace stun is the single biggest noob killer in this game and that is why there are so many bad players crying over it :P

It getting nerfed is a good thing, maybe they will be less vocal then
And if the class needs it maybe we will get buffed in more meaning full ways ;P

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

So your solution is to stand next to my guardian (which means that the chances that an ES lands are way higher) or spam from a ledge. Amazing.

Guard will negate the focus on you and keep you alive with aegis, prot and stability while your team focuses the warr going after you. It’s all about positioning. Condi neccy is 0 melee, unless you’re running wells and traited them you’re spamming in range anyways.

You are assuming that the rat dies when he uses the first ES and he has already use berserker stance. This is a pretty heavy assumption and made-up situation.

Most warrs use zerk stance right away when they engage, if they don’t you can just cripple/CC/condioverload him and I don’t see the problem in that case.

Yeah, Lyssa runes are awesome, I know that. Now tell me which elite of Necromancer is worth using with Lyssa.

Golem. It’s an arguable alternative to plague, but it’s still useful both for getting some extra control or creating some breathing space.

Do you really think that a Thief is capable to kill a stance Warrior? Please, roll thief for a couple of SoloQ matches and try to kill a Warrior.

I main a thief in tPvP for the past 4-5 months. I don’t lose to a hammer or any other full melee warrior. Only specs I fear in 1v1 situations are phant mesm, condiwarr, neccy and condiengy. Except for engy and neccy (very close fights) they are not represented in tournas. I have no problem biting through that 400hps with my thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

The mace stun is the single biggest noob killer in this game and that is why there is so much whine over it, everyone who cant play and dies to it should be a bit happier and hopefully less vocal after patch :P

Skull crack will do just fine with out the sigil. 3 secs is still along time.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

Yeah, more than likely will just open up some other interesting sigil choices.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Guard will negate the focus on you and keep you alive with aegis, prot and stability while your team focuses the warr going after you. It’s all about positioning. Condi neccy is 0 melee, unless you’re running wells and traited them you’re spamming in range anyways.

Guard will not negate the focus on you. You are still being focused and die before or after if you don’t pop into Plague.

Most warrs use zerk stance right away when they engage, if they don’t you can just cripple/CC/condioverload him and I don’t see the problem in that case.

There is the problem. Earthshaker is a leap, so is Shield Bash, hammer shock is a snare.
The tools to close the gaps are there and you can cleanse the cripple/chill with ease and stunlock the Necro to death. If you have still trouble to reach the Necro (most unlikely), berserker stance is available.

Golem. It’s an arguable alternative to plague, but it’s still useful both for getting some extra control or creating some breathing space.

Golem is not an arguable alternative to Plague on conditionmancers. You won’t survive to any focus fire without Plague and golem will die in a second on AoEs without traiting.

I main a thief in tPvP for the past 4-5 months. I don’t lose to a hammer or any other full melee warrior. Only specs I fear in 1v1 situations are phant mesm, condiwarr, neccy and condiengy. Except for engy and neccy (very close fights) they are not represented in tournas. I have no problem biting through that 400hps with my thief.

You don’t lose to an hammer or full melee warriors, of course. You just can’t kill them.
The damage output of thieves can’t match the 3000+ armor of those warriors, endure pain, shield stance and occasional CCs (no stability for thieves).

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ajaxx.3157

Ajaxx.3157

Yeah, more than likely will just open up some other interesting sigil choices.

Pretty much.

Ajaxx – Warrior – [JuG] – Desolation [eu]

http://www.twitch.tv/irajaxx

in Warrior

Psybunny.8906

Arguing for the sake of arguing?
1. Bad guard or bad team synergy then. You have to hide behind others and they must protect you. You can’t rambo in midfights like neccy used to.

2. Earthshaker is the only close range gap closer that is not affected by chill/cripple, but it requires adrenaline. Zerk stance is the only adrenaline on demand skill for warr who is running healing signet. Shield bash is so highly telegraphed and heavily affected by cripple/chill. If he isn’t using a lbow he can’t cleanse himself with ease. Hammer F1 is interruptable midair and the most telegraphed skill in game apart from ele dagger earth 5. Again I remind you, CC warr is your hard counter.

3. I’d disagree, plague doesn’t offer so much anymore, since stability is too easily ripped by a thief and neccy can’t survive the focusfire in the middle of the midfights anymore anyways. Plague without stability is a death sentence (one with long CD). Plague was never a good small skirmish tool, it only worked as a delay, one which was extremely vulnerable to any ranged. Lbow warr will destroy you if you’re in plague form or atleast force you out of it right away.

4. I have no problem KILLING any warrs.
I have “stunbreak” on demand and I know how to LoS when engaging.
Stability is easily ripped, larcenous hits through block and if he pops endure pain, I’ll just gtfo for 4 secs and re-engage. Same with zerk stance, if he pops it, I’ll just ignore it and poke him with sword or swap to D/P, stealth and wait for 8 secs before re-engaging. It’s funny, but my “weak” damage output still hits that 3000+ warr for 2k, 2k, 5k with my autochain.
Evade or blind thief is the worst enemy of a hammer warr.

in Warrior

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Recieving buffs =/= OP’ness!!

You all act foolish. Warrior is probably the most balanced profession. Most weapons are useful and the warrior has its use in every format. This is a GOOD thing, not a bad thing.

The other professions need fixes.

Also, the warrior is NOT perfect. Physical utility skills and banners are still meh, besides Warbanner ofc. Certain grandmaster traits are also crap still. Take Spiked Armor for example.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: raudence.7961

raudence.7961

Warriors have always been top in terms of numbers. A year ago it looked like this:
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1829ugvd80zmmjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg
But many more are starting to make their scene in WvW. Or the freekills you’re used to finally picked up the deadly noob killing skullcrack/hb build.