[Merged]Stun warrior meta

in Warrior

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

This will not be a problem once Paralyzation doesn’t add an entire second to the stuns. Your QQ is somewhat justified now, but at the same time there are the following options:

dodging
kiting
stun breaks
ranged damage
blinking out of their LOS
stealth
your own CC
retreating
playing one so you know its weaknesses on your main
etc…

Mesmer does fine against Warrior 1v1

As a necro:

dodging – I do not have access to vigor
kiting – I’m a slow kitten necro with no mobility
stun breaks – Limited stun breaks
ranged damage – Can’t because I cannot kite nor does my ranged damage really do any damage vs a berz stance warrior
blinking out of their LOS – No mobility
stealth – What stealth?
your own CC – Cant because of berz stance or they have stability
retreating – No mobility to get out
playing one so you know its weaknesses on your main – I have one and I own necro so hard

I’m not a good player so any other tips on fighting a stun warrior as a necro would be greatly appreciated. Thanls.

As a necro player, I second this greatly. I have timed my dodges, and use every CC I have available. The problem is, the warrior has too great of a mobility with access to too many stuns for me to even be effective against them. Against decent stun warriors, yeah, I can kill them. But against a skilled stun warrior, it’s GG as there is nothing I can do to counter him (and I have timed my fear between their stability, and tried kiting with a 25% speed signet—they still catch up easily).

Some classes can deal with stun warriors more easily. The issue as a necro is, we are an easy target for them (and yes, I can drop a 5 sec stability with a 60 sec cd, which does little). I think the stun should be reviewed, because if I’m using all of my available resources and still getting stuck in massive stun locks, something is wrong.

For anyone that may think I need to learn to play, I’m ranked high on the solo leader board, and know my class mechanics extremely well as an MM. I’m not advocating for stun to be removed, just for it to be reviewed in light of the situation. I’m all for a class to be challenging, and love seeing warriors back as a competitor since their class revamping.

If built for it, can’t necros have 3 seconds of stability every 7 seconds at this point (near to death + foot in the grave)?

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

This will not be a problem once Paralyzation doesn’t add an entire second to the stuns. Your QQ is somewhat justified now, but at the same time there are the following options:

dodging
kiting
stun breaks
ranged damage
blinking out of their LOS
stealth
your own CC
retreating
playing one so you know its weaknesses on your main
etc…

Mesmer does fine against Warrior 1v1

As a necro:

dodging – I do not have access to vigor
kiting – I’m a slow kitten necro with no mobility
stun breaks – Limited stun breaks
ranged damage – Can’t because I cannot kite nor does my ranged damage really do any damage vs a berz stance warrior
blinking out of their LOS – No mobility
stealth – What stealth?
your own CC – Cant because of berz stance or they have stability
retreating – No mobility to get out
playing one so you know its weaknesses on your main – I have one and I own necro so hard

I’m not a good player so any other tips on fighting a stun warrior as a necro would be greatly appreciated. Thanls.

As a necro player, I second this greatly. I have timed my dodges, and use every CC I have available. The problem is, the warrior has too great of a mobility with access to too many stuns for me to even be effective against them. Against decent stun warriors, yeah, I can kill them. But against a skilled stun warrior, it’s GG as there is nothing I can do to counter him (and I have timed my fear between their stability, and tried kiting with a 25% speed signet—they still catch up easily).

Some classes can deal with stun warriors more easily. The issue as a necro is, we are an easy target for them (and yes, I can drop a 5 sec stability with a 60 sec cd, which does little). I think the stun should be reviewed, because if I’m using all of my available resources and still getting stuck in massive stun locks, something is wrong.

For anyone that may think I need to learn to play, I’m ranked high on the solo leader board, and know my class mechanics extremely well as an MM. I’m not advocating for stun to be removed, just for it to be reviewed in light of the situation. I’m all for a class to be challenging, and love seeing warriors back as a competitor since their class revamping.

If built for it, can’t necros have 3 seconds of stability every 7 seconds at this point (near to death + foot in the grave)?

Don’t bother, I suggested the same thing to another Necro and he said that he shouldn’t have to build to counter one build.

Cause you know, Warriors don’t have aaaannnyyttthhhinnnggg in their builds to ensure they don’t get killed by Necros. /s

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Of course, but it means that you are not using Death Shroud at all, since to get 3s stability every 7s you have to just pop in and out.

Let’s not consider at all the heavy trait investment to get this stability for arguing purposes (30 points into a traitline and 2 traits).
It still means that you are eating any kind of damage the warrior is throwing at you on HPs without any chance to mitigate it, as it is well known that Death Shroud is the only form of damage mitigation of Necromancers. Also, you are still exposed to stuns for more than 50% of the time even in this fringe case, so since Warriors are able to chain stun idefinitely, you are going to eat at least 1-2 stuns in that non-stability window with ease.
Not to say that having stability without any damage mitigation will only be counter-productive since it only amplifies the damage output of Warriors thanks to Destruction of the Empowered.

I dare you to try Foot in The Grave and debunk this myth by yourself.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Of course, but it means that you are not using Death Shroud at all, since to get 3s stability every 7s you have to just pop in and out.

Let’s not consider at all the heavy trait investment to get this stability for arguing purposes (30 points into a traitline and 2 traits).
It still means that you are eating any kind of damage the warrior is throwing at you on HPs without any chance to mitigate it, as it is well known that Death Shroud is the only form of damage mitigation of Necromancers. Also, you are still exposed to stuns for more than 50% of the time even in this fringe case, so since Warriors are able to chain stun idefinitely, you are going to eat at least 1-2 stuns in that non-stability window with ease.

I dare you to try Foot in The Grave and debunk this myth by yourself.

On my thief I usually invest 20-30 points into SA to try to counter condi-spam necros (and engis). Similarly I invest at least 20 in defense for cleasing ire on my warrior and also take runes of lyssa to have some sort of decent removal to even begin to fight condition builds. Maybe you will miss a stun occasionally with foot in the grave, but its there. I was simply suggesting that there are more options available than just stun breaks on a necro.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

On my thief I usually invest 20-30 points into SA to try to counter condi-spam necros (and engis). Similarly I invest at least 20 in defense for cleasing ire on my warrior and also take runes of lyssa to have some sort of decent removal to even begin to fight condition builds. Maybe you will miss a stun occasionally with foot in the grave, but its there. I was simply suggesting that there are more options available than just stun breaks on a necro.

I said that we should leave apart the heavy trait investment.

The point is that even that, those 3s of stability comes at a pretty heavy cost and don’t save you from the focus of a single warrior at all.

When you are investing 20 traitpoints for Cleansing Ire or 20 traitpoints for Shadow Embrace, you get awesome condition cleansing that really gives you an edge against condition builds. That is not the case of Foot in the Grave.

Keep in mind that Necromancer are squishy even with toughness amulets. A single stun landed means 7-8k HP removed from your bar.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

ok…so…this is still going on…gotcha…

umm.. Have any of you necro’s tried moving away from the condition build and building around wells and damage?

When I left 2 weeks ago that build was working fine in Spvp and WvW denying warriors the ability to sit in melee range with you.

On the other hand your squishy…but lets be honest…with all the -condi builds now floating around you’re almost useless anyway. . . .

Secondly, If you have a means to counter something yet you refuse to, you’re your own worst enemy and handicap. Any complaint you could have had becomes baseless.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

umm.. Have any of you necro’s tried moving away from the condition build and building around wells and damage?

When I left 2 weeks ago that build was working fine in Spvp and WvW denying warriors the ability to sit in melee range with you.

On the other hand your squishy…but lets be honest…with all the -condi builds now floating around you’re almost useless anyway. . . .

Secondly, If you have a means to counter something yet you refuse to, you’re your own worst enemy and handicap. Any complaint you could have had becomes baseless.

30/0/30/0/10 + Knight’s Amulet is really funny, they are not expecting necromancers to do any power damage so they charge you going condition immune and getting melted.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Solori.6025

30/0/30/0/10 + Knight’s Amulet is really funny, they are not expecting necromancers to do any power damage so they charge you going condition immune and getting melted.

oh good..So it does still work…
glad to hear it..

When I had played last with a warrior in Spvp a friend of mine came in with his necro and did exactly that to me..

I couldn’t stay in melee range with him because of the damage the wells would do, on the other hand, he had death shroud up almost permanently so trying to range him was also not a great option.

His build was different from your’s though I think he was 30/10/0/0/30 with zerker’s gear..
He was squishy…but the damage made me cry inside a little bit. . . .

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

glad to hear it..

When I had played last with a warrior in Spvp a friend of mine came in with his necro and did exactly that to me..

I couldn’t stay in melee range with him because of the damage the wells would do, on the other hand, he had death shroud up almost permanently so trying to range him was also not a great option.

His build was different from your’s though I think he was 30/10/0/0/30 with zerker’s gear..

Being able to immobilize you into a damaging well that does 10k damage in spvp hurts.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcV9omMbhmmMbhmxa9MxmRbmcmb

This build?

orrrr

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcV9omMbFmmMbhmxa9MxmRbmcmb

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Solori.6025

glad to hear it..

Being able to immobilize you into a damaging well that does 10k damage in spvp hurts.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcV9omMbhmmMbhmxa9MxmRbmcmb

This build?

orrrr

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mcV9omMbFmmMbhmxa9MxmRbmcmb

First one with double well’s..

I believe he had might on life blast…and I am very sure he had life force on crit.

The build my necro used was 20/20/0/0/30
I like crit numbers….
and I found that having the higher crit chance made staying in deathshroud easier.

But yeah…wells that go through blocking skills, denial of stability, and melee made me melt on my warrior.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Power-based builds are even worse than condition builds.
First, because power is mitigated by Armor and Warriors usually run with an hell lot of that.
Second, because power damage needs you to not to be stunned to deal damage, so while conditions still tick when you’re stunned, power damage does not.
Third, because if you are running well-heavy builds, you have less stunbreakers and you are way more squishy.

I personally love power Necro and I tend to play it when possible, but in the current Warrior meta, it is completely unviable.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

First, because power is mitigated by Armor and Warriors usually run with an hell lot of that.
Second, because power damage needs you to not to be stunned to deal damage, so while conditions still tick when you’re stunned, power damage does not.
Third, because if you are running well-heavy builds, you have less stunbreakers and you are way more squishy.

I personally love power Necro and I tend to play it when possible, but in the current Warrior meta, it is completely unviable.

Unviable Yep.

Here is a picture of me vs Three Warriors.

Completely outplayed me with there awesome god-like-ness.

Attachments:

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Unviable Yep.

Daecollo, you have posted an heavily cut, uncensored edited image in which you can’t even distinquish the warriors and probably shot in hotjoins.

How can that picture mean something?

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Unviable Yep.

Daecollo, you have posted an heavily cut, uncensored edited image in which you can’t even distinquish the warriors and probably shot in hotjoins.

You really should post the build you’re using. I get the feeling that you’re trying to be funny but this comes off more like a troll. I know this means little coming from me but you always present your points in such a…annoying fashion.

That being said some people think that I’m highly biased and ignore any counter arguments. I don’t feel this is true, sure of course I’m biased as a Warrior main but I still have yet to see any reasonable suggestions on how to balance Warriors. Most “suggestions” would send the class back to the stone age after a year-long journey to get where they are.

The only point I will concede that Skull Crack could use a better animation, but we better get a kitten cool looking animation. Maybe have a giant orange-red colored ether hand…thing.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

You really should post the build you’re using. I get the feeling that you’re trying to be funny but this comes off more like a troll. I know this means little coming from me but you always present your points in such a…annoying fashion.

That being said some people think that I’m highly biased and ignore any counter arguments. I don’t feel this is true, sure of course I’m biased as a Warrior main but I still have yet to see any reasonable suggestions on how to balance Warriors. Most “suggestions” would send the class back to the stone age after a year-long journey to get where they are.

The only point I will concede that Skull Crack could use a better animation, but we better get a kitten cool looking animation. Maybe have a giant orange-red colored ether hand…thing.

I’ve posted a list of possible fixes to Warriors right now and they were far from unreasonable and warrior-destroying.

It has been ignored by pretty much everyone and the “warrior is not OP” show has gone on.

Because people don’t want their profession to be reasonably good, they just want their profession not to be nerfed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Iscariot.4876

Iscariot.4876

Unviable Yep.

Other than the sarcastic photo-shop it has plenty of meaning. He brought this from another thread where he is countering anecdotal complaints with his own anecdotal results. No, it isn’t proof and it isn’t the best form of evidence. But, it does equally counter the nerf warrior qq which is entirely anecdotal.

Even if this is hot-join, it is better than most of the solo-roaming wubwub crying. At least he is definitely fighting warriors with equal gear levels. That’s way better than the wubwub fairy tales you find filling the qq lines.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Other than the sarcastic photo-shop it has plenty of meaning. He brought this from another thread where he is countering anecdotal complaints with his own anecdotal results. No, it isn’t proof and it isn’t the best form of evidence. But, it does equally counter the nerf warrior qq which is entirely anecdotal.

Even if this is hot-join, it is better than most of the solo-roaming wubwub crying. At least he is definitely fighting warriors with equal gear levels. That’s way better than the wubwub fairy tales you find filling the qq lines.

He posted that picture as an answer to my post.
I never posted anecdotal evidences, I’ve backed up any statement I’ve made with logical considerations and number comparisons. Also, everything I’ve said is based on SoloQ perspective, I barely play WvW.

That picture makes no sense at all and I find that only insulting to the argument, as a some sort of attempt to dumb it down.

in Warrior

Iscariot.4876

I’ve posted a list of possible fixes to Warriors right now and they were far from unreasonable and warrior-destroying.

It has been ignored by pretty much everyone and the “warrior is not OP” show has gone on.

Because people don’t want their profession to be reasonably good, they just want their profession not to be nerfed.

People aren’t dealing with your proposed nerfs because there is no evidence showing that anything is broken. Nothing beyond your own insistence, and that makes your “fixes” really just ways to make things easier on yourself.

Current tournament match make ups and review of current tournament matches doesn’t show warriors over performing. In fact the newest tournament is the first time they are in-line. Your personal desire to make them weaker could damage that balance and send them back to the bottom.

If you want to help balance, get off the warrior forums and go to the Elementalists and Mesmers forums to get them a boost. I would suggest finding a way to have them compete for guardian and ranger team spots. The only 4 professions currently showing out of balance performance.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

People aren’t dealing with your proposed nerfs because there is no evidence showing that anything is broken. Nothing beyond your own insistence, and that makes your “fixes” really just ways to make things easier on yourself.

Current tournament match make ups and review of current tournament matches doesn’t show warriors over performing. In fact the newest tournament is the first time they are in-line. Your personal desire to make them weaker could damage that balance and send them back to the bottom.

If you want to help balance, get off the warrior forums and go to the Elementalists and Mesmers forums to get them a boost. I would suggest finding a way to have them compete for guardian and ranger team spots. The only 4 professions currently showing out of balance performance.

There is evidence that something is broken.

High level PvPers have said that Warriors are broken. SoloQ is overcrowded by warriors.
Numbers of warriors are out of proportion (as pointed out multiple times). Every competitive team have one warrior in their team comp.

I don’t even know what I have to futher show you to let you admit that Warriors are far too strong.

You are suggesting to create even more power creep just because you can’t admit that something is wrong with warriors.
Your suggestion is pretty much what has been said each time a profession was OP in this game history.

in Warrior

Iscariot.4876

High level PvPers have said that Warriors are broken.

SoloQ is overcrowded by warriors.

Numbers of warriors are out of proportion (as pointed out multiple times).

Every competitive team have one warrior in their team comp.

1. Subjective commentary, not shared by all and not demonstrated in matches either by direct observation or by the simple and obvious evidence that top Pvpers don’t choose to play warrior or add warriors to their team comp.

2-3 Not evidence. Warrior is a flagship class of any fantasy MMO. They are always over represented by gross numbers. You might as well say that Humans are broken in GW2 because you see so many being played.

4. Bald faced lie. Completely false. 3 of the 40 players making up the teams of the finals and semi-finals of PAX and ESL were warriors. 6 of 40 in the latest MLG. I think you are talking about Guardians and Rangers who made up 8 and 9 players respectively.

The actual trend in high level play is encouraging that warriors are finding a place. Quit spreading poorly thought out misinformation please.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

1. Subjective commentary, not shared by all and not demonstrated in matches either by direct observation or by the simple and obvious evidence that top Pvpers don’t choose to play warrior or add warriors to their team comp.

2-3 Not evidence. Warrior is a flagship class of any fantasy MMO. They are always over represented by gross numbers. You might as well say that Humans are broken in GW2 because you see so many being played.

4. Bald faced lie. Completely false. 3 of the 40 players making up the teams of the finals and semi-finals of PAX and ESL were warriors. 6 of 40 in the latest MLG. I think you are talking about Guardians and Rangers who made up 8 and 9 players respectively.

The actual trend in high level play is encouraging that warriors are finding a place. Quit spreading poorly thought out misinformation please.

1. When was the last time you watched a competitive PvP match exactly? That is just a false statement.

2-3. In fact, human is not the most popular race in Guild Wars 2 competitive scene, but Asuras are, which are, in fact, broken for multiple reasons. I think you aren’t that much into competitive PvP. When you are talking about competion, there isn’t any preference. People just pick the best profession/race possible and it isn’t a case that FotM professions are usually the overpowered ones.

4. Warriors become FotM only for the PAX finals and, in fact, CC changed their team comp to add a warrior in it for finals, despite the fact that they never ran one since that point. Also, in the latest MLG tournament, 6 of the 40 players are warrior is an huge numer. That means that 8 teams out of 6 ran warrior. It’s a pretty high percentage considering that a Warrior does not fit any core role.
Guardian and Rangers, on the other hand, are mid point and close point bunkers, who are mandatory roles for every competitive team. Because of how conquest is designed and how those professions are designed, they are a requirement. Warrior, on the other hand, does not fit any of those roles, means that the only variety comes from the other 3 free spots and most of them are occupied by Warriors, which says much.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

1. When was the last time you watched a competitive PvP match exactly? That is just a false statement.

2-3. In fact, human is not the most popular race in Guild Wars 2 competitive scene, but Asuras are, which are, in fact, broken for multiple reasons. I think you aren’t that much into competitive PvP. When you are talking about competion, there isn’t any preference. People just pick the best profession/race possible and it isn’t a case that FotM professions are usually the overpowered ones.

4. Warriors become FotM only for the PAX finals and, in fact, CC changed their team comp to add a warrior in it for finals, despite the fact that they never ran one since that point. Also, in the latest MLG tournament, 6 of the 40 players are warrior is an huge numer. That means that 8 teams out of 6 ran warrior. It’s a pretty high percentage considering that a Warrior does not fit any core role.
Guardian and Rangers, on the other hand, are mid point and close point bunkers, who are mandatory roles for every competitive team. Because of how conquest is designed and how those professions are designed, they are a requirement. Warrior, on the other hand, does not fit any of those roles, means that the only variety comes from the other 3 free spots and most of them are occupied by Warriors, which says much.

So what does that say about Guardians and Rangers? They must be ridiculous.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Last SoloQ match I’ve played.

Attachments:

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

What about the 10 matches before that?

Also, who won?

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Also, who won?

I’ve won that match, you can check me on GW2shack as soon as it is refreshed. Also, that was the first match of the day, so can’t say about the 10 matches before.

I have a screenshot of the match after too attached. I will post match after match the professions I am matched with.

Attachments:

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Also, who won?

I’ve won that match, you can check me on GW2shack. Also, that was the first match of the day, so can’t say about the 10 matches before.

I have a screenshot of the match after too attached. I will post match after match the professions I am matched with.

You do realize this proves my repeated claim that Warriors continue to be strong because many players simply refuse to change/adapt their builds in any way right? Can you blame people for running Warrior when there’s tons of delicious Necro and Ranger to be had? There tends to be at least one of each.

Tasty.

I’m also noticing that you are part of a very small but vocal minority, only you and maybe 3 others are actively campaigning for this view of Warriors being OP.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Unviable Yep.

Recently, there are many minion necromancers in hotjoins. Because – jeez, I can’t believe that I am saying this – Daecollo is right when saying that (minion) necros are quite good against warriors. Havint that said, the “trololololo, I faceroll 3 warriors” is bull. The screen is totally out of context and 3 stun warriors can shut anyone down.

The other pics with the “HS is countered by poison” and the “blind kills warriors” mimimi provide the same value to a constructive discussion as the one just posted: none. It’s just plain wrong. And it annoyingly reminds me of plain propaganda.

Everyone with a reasonable amount of self-reflection and sense of balance will agree that the current popular cc warrior builds are too strong. I am not denying that a stun can be avoided by a dodge or block etc. The combination of amount, duration and frequency paired with the healing signet is the issue.

A easy fix would be a slight (!) increase of the stun cooldowns and adjusting the base healing (down) and healing coefficient (up) of the healing signet. This way the cc builds will still be as powerful as right now when played by a skilled player. But there actually is a realistic way of countering them if they fail a stun. And you can actually kill them if they do not invest in toughness or healing while running the healing signet.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Unviable Yep.

Recently, there are many minion necromancers in hotjoins. Because – jeez, I can’t believe that I am saying this – Daecollo is right when saying that (minion) necros are quite good against warriors. Havint that said, the “trololololo, I faceroll 3 warriors” is bull. The screen is totally out of context and 3 stun warriors can shut anyone down.

The other pics with the “HS is countered by poison” and the “blind kills warriors” mimimi provide the same value to a constructive discussion as the one just posted: none. It’s just plain wrong. And it annoyingly reminds me of plain propaganda.

Everyone with a reasonable amount of self-reflection and sense of balance will agree that the current popular cc warrior builds are too strong. I am not denying that a stun can be avoided by a dodge or block etc. The combination of amount, duration and frequency paired with the healing signet is the issue.

A easy fix would be a slight (!) increase of the stun cooldowns and adjusting the base healing (down) and healing coefficient (up) of the healing signet. This way the cc builds will still be as powerful as right now when played by a skilled player. But there actually is a realistic way of countering them if they fail a stun. And you can actually kill them if they do not invest in toughness or healing while running the healing signet.

The problem is, you can not nerf stuns without nerfing every burst skill. The CD reduction is tied to the Brawn “stat” in Discipline, it seems really unfair to nerf burst in general for 2 skills.

People also keep on talking like everyone insta uses the burst on cooldown which certainly isn’t the case.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

You do realize this proves my repeated claim that Warriors continue to be strong because many players simply refuse to change/adapt their builds in any way right? Can you blame people for running Warrior when there’s tons of delicious Necro and Ranger to be had? There tends to be at least one of each.

Tasty.

I’m also noticing that you are part of a very small but vocal minority, only you and maybe 3 others are actively campaigning for this view of Warriors being OP.

Because this topic is in the Warrior subforum thanks to daecollo.

Back when it was in the sPvP subforum (as it was supposed to be, since it is an sPvP topic), I got way more consensum then on a profession subforum, which is well known to be frequented by biased players.

The discussion on this topic died when it was moved here from the sPvP subforum. I don’t even know why I am keep arguing, Warrior main players just don’t want to see reason.

I’ve even predicted it in the first page, but I have too much faith into the human race.

Well, this thread is lost now that it is in the Warrior subforum. There is no space of an unbiased discussion anymore.

Thank you, mods. Great job as usual.

The problem is, you can not nerf stuns without nerfing every burst skill. The CD reduction is tied to the Brawn “stat” in Discipline, it seems really unfair to nerf burst in general for 2 skills.

People also keep on talking like everyone insta uses the burst on cooldown which certainly isn’t the case.

You can easily use the burst on cooldown with the 0/10/30/0/30 build.

Want to hear the solution? Bring the base cooldown of Skull Crack and Earthshaker to 20s and 25s respectively. No nerf to any other burst skill, stun problem solved.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

There is evidence that something is broken.

High level PvPers have said that Warriors are broken. SoloQ is overcrowded by warriors.
Numbers of warriors are out of proportion (as pointed out multiple times). Every competitive team have one warrior in their team comp.

I don’t even know what I have to futher show you to let you admit that Warriors are far too strong.

You are suggesting to create even more power creep just because you can’t admit that something is wrong with warriors.
Your suggestion is pretty much what has been said each time a profession was OP in this game history.

highly level pvp players? ok why do their opinions matter, a temporary made up anet team won a match against top team and they say that warrior is balance, you would say that its bs
the only top player who says that warrior are op are most likely some condi class cannon necros who kept being hard countered.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Tasty.

Back when it was in the sPvP subforum (as it was supposed to be, since it is an sPvP topic), I got way more consensum then on a profession subforum, which is well known to be frequented by biased players.

The discussion on this topic died when it was moved here from the sPvP subforum. I don’t even know why I am keep arguing, Warrior main players just don’t want to see reason.

Want to hear the solution? Bring the base cooldown of Skull Crack and Earthshaker to 20s and 25s respectively. No nerf to any other burst skill, stun problem solved.

I don’t even know if that’s possible in the current game engine. I would guess that all burst skills are tied to the F1 mechanic. I have to wonder if it’s possible to change the recharge of burst skills without totally changing how burst works.

Also, just because you CAN burst on cooldown doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. You have to wait for some kind of opening. I would say the stuns come every 10-15 seconds on average.

Also 20s and 25s…for a 2s and 3s stun…now I KNOW you have no concept of balance

I would INSTANTLY never touch Mace/Hammer again with such absurdly long CDs.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

no, just no, get out, i mean.. seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

no, just no, get out, i mean.. seriously, you are embarrassing yourself.

I’m pretty sure with that one statement nobody will ever take what he says seriously again. I’m done responding to him now after that.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I don’t even know if that’s possible in the current game engine. I would guess that all burst skills are tied to the F1 mechanic. I have to wonder if it’s possible to change the recharge of burst skills without totally changing how burst works.

Also, just because you CAN burst on cooldown doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. You have to wait for some kind of opening. I would say the stuns come every 10-15 seconds on average.

How biased can you be?
Look at the average cooldown of stuns. Now consider that Earthshaker is an AoE 2s stun and Skull Crack is a 3s stun, the longest stun available in the game.

Yeah, let’s take a look:

Shield Bash (1s): 25s
Static Shield (1s): 40s
Concussion Shot (1s): 25s
Hilt Bash (1s): 25s
Magic Bullet (2s): 25s
Static Field (2s AoE): 40s
Signet of Domination (3s): 45

Now let’s take a look at Skull Crack and Earthshaker:
Skull Crack (3s): 10s
EarthShaker (2s AoE): 10s

How are those skills supposed to be balanced… seriously?
Best stun effects in the game, shortest cooldown.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

highly level pvp players? ok why do their opinions matter, a temporary made up anet team won a match against top team and they say that warrior is balance, you would say that its bs
the only top player who says that warrior are op are most likely some condi class cannon necros who kept being hard countered.

So…
High level PvP players opinion doesn’t matter.
Logic doesn’t matters.
Numbers don’t matter.
SoloQ population doesn’t matter.
High tier representation doesn’t matter.

I guess nothing matters, unless it is in favor of warriors.

in Warrior

Lighter.5631

So…
High level PvP players opinion doesn’t matter.
Logic doesn’t matters.
Numbers don’t matter.
SoloQ population doesn’t matter.
High tier representation doesn’t matter.

I guess nothing matters, unless it is in favor of warriors.

that’s the worst argument i’ve ever see. oh wait it’s not an argument because it doesn’t stand at all. i guess the logic does not exist in you or you should just go back to school and learn some philosophy so you can finally start thinking.

-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Tasty.

Not saying that 25s is the way to go. They should be special since they are a class mechanic. But when comparing the burst stuns with other stuns you got to admit that it is a bit over the top to suggest he does not have any concept of balance. Keep a cool head and just think about it before rejecting the idea in rage. You are looking for suggestions, aren’t you?

What would change? Is the change really that big?

Increasing the cd of those two specific burst skills is the easiest way to adjust and tone down the current cookie cutter builds without touching anything else. Keep in mind that you still have a push and knock down on your hammer, a daze on your mace and potentially another stun on your shield. And that exactly is the reason why increasing the cd of the bursts would not be that bad. You still got a lot of other cc options. Right now, many warriors only use their burst stuns. They might use their other cc to make you use your stunbreakers. But that’s it.

In case of the cc builds the burst skills basically make the other weapon skills obsolete because of their low cooldown. I personally feel that this is a bad and silly design. It’s even more obvious when looking at a build with a cc weapon and gs or longbow as secondary.

You might argue that those warriors are bad. Why would they not use their other cc? Because they don’t have to. Because it will work most of the time. And that is exactly why those builds are so lame. There is mitigation/counter on paper (stunbreakers, blind, block, dodge) but they do not work out because of the short cooldowns.

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

How biased can you be?
Look at the average cooldown of stuns. Now consider that Earthshaker is an AoE 2s stun and Skull Crack is a 3s stun, the longest stun available in the game.

Yeah, let’s take a look:

Shield Bash (1s): 25s
Static Shield (1s): 40s
Concussion Shot (1s): 25s
Hilt Bash (1s): 25s
Magic Bullet (2s): 25s
Static Field (2s AoE): 40s
Signet of Domination (3s): 45

Now let’s take a look at Skull Crack and Earthshaker:
Skull Crack (3s): 10s
EarthShaker (2s AoE): 10s

How are those skills supposed to be balanced… seriously?
Best stun effects in the game, shortest cooldown.

Do you have heard about class mechanics? Can a mesmer stealth so much with short CD has a thief? Can a necro or a ranger spam AI as a mesmer? Can a warrior port? Can a warrior stealth? Can a warrior spam AI? Some classes do things way better than others in some point. Warriors have burst skills.
The stuns people complain are our burst skills. Our weapons stuns have high CD. Only our special abilities have shorter CD because they are linked to adrenaline.
Other classes also have their unique class mechanic that they use and abuse.
Thieves abuse stealth, mesmers abuse AI and so on.
If warriors have to adapt to other classes mechanics, other classes should do the same.
It would better to had one or two classes with team stability than starting to nerf class mechanics.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

You might argue that those warriors are bad. Why would they not use their other cc? Because they don’t have to. Because it will work most of the time. And that is exactly why those builds are so lame. There is mitigation/counter on paper (stunbreakers, blind, block, dodge) but they do not work out because of the short cooldowns.

Its not because they dont have to. Warrior dont use their other cc because they are hard to land on moving targets. (big animation, root and long cast). Its funny because you need to immo/cc the target to be able to use the other cc we have on our weapons with a decent rate of success. This is a major warrior problem. We need to immo/cc the target to deal damage.

Thats why we rely so much in AoE attacks/stuns, because other way we wont deal enough damage.

(edited by silentnight warrior.2714)

in Warrior

Iscariot.4876

1. Are you kidding? I’ve been consistently using real data from the tournaments to counter the horrid arguments of people like you that try to introduce misinformation into balance arguments.

2-3 You tried making an argument that being common or popular in low levels of play means something is broken. Fact is Humans are the most commonly played class in GW2 by a large margin. This directly leads to show that your argument and logic is completely flawed. Learn to keep up with the flow of argument.

4. 6 of 40 is a huge number? Are you being intentionally misleading? 5 of 40 is exactly ideal representation of 12.5%. 6/40 is one extra at 15%. At that same tournament engineers were 5/20, necro 5/20, thief 5/20, ranger 9/20, guardian 8/20… So a 20% increase over thief/necro but still a 25% and 33% decrease compared to guardian and ranger. Sorry but warriors seem to be pretty much in-line. And that was only the very first time they had those numbers. Necros and thieves used to be up there with guard and ranger with everyone else in the dumper. As teams get used to warrior, there is no telling what will happen. Warriors may go up, may even out, may drop down.

(edited by Iscariot.4876)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

“I’m also noticing that you are part of a very small but vocal minority, only you and maybe 3 others are actively campaigning for this view of Warriors being OP.”

This is the most merged topic ever in the existence of the Guild Wars 2 forum, mostly from before it was moved to the warrior sub-forum.

I dunno man, there’s alot of people who don’t even come to these forums who are VERY vocal about it in game as well.

Just sayin

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

You are mistaken by talking with me as I’m a victim of warrior OP stuns. I’m speaking objectively, not subjectively like yourself.

I’ll ask you this, you are saying why should someone be able to face roll by spamming 12345. Apply that to yourself if you play a warrior, why should they be allowed to face roll by spamming stun completely disabling the player. I’d say players like yourself are more interested in player vs target than player vs player.

Please stop. You saying warrior stuns are OP because your stun breakers can’t keep up with them and therefore need a nerf makes about as much sense as me saying conditions are OP and need to be nerfed because my soldier’s rune shouts can’t cure conditions fast enough or that conditions pile up too fast when berserker’s stance is on CD.

in Warrior

Posted by: honovi.7893

honovi.7893

Unviable Yep.

The hotjoin hero himself.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

I have a 5 second Daze on a 45 second cooldown with one of my builds…Its incredibly powerful…if it was on a 10 second cooldown, it’d be silly and probably the most overpowered thing in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

You are mistaken by talking with me as I’m a victim of warrior OP stuns. I’m speaking objectively, not subjectively like yourself.

I’ll ask you this, you are saying why should someone be able to face roll by spamming 12345. Apply that to yourself if you play a warrior, why should they be allowed to face roll by spamming stun completely disabling the player. I’d say players like yourself are more interested in player vs target than player vs player.

Please stop. You saying warrior stuns are OP because your stun breakers can’t keep up with them and therefore need a nerf makes about as much sense as me saying conditions are OP and need to be nerfed because my soldier’s rune shouts can’t cure conditions fast enough or that conditions pile up too fast when berserker’s stance is on CD.

You can attack while you have conditions, im confused on the logic used here.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

It’s the same logic that people complaining about stun warriors are using. The whole purpose of a condition build is maximizing DoT uptime / damage per tick (hence being able to damage while hard CC’d or kiting). The purpose of a stun build is to disrupt people’s combat flow. Simple as that. If you get whacked by a well timed stun of any kind (skill, luck, w/e), you should pay the price for it.

It’s really not that difficult to see when a warrior is going to try and get a stunlock on you and be able to counter it if you’re paying attention to what’s happening on screen and not only looking at your hotbar / only looking for red circles on the floor. I’m not saying I’m a perfect dodger of earthshatter or skullcracks; Lord knows I’ve been hit plenty of times by them. The point I’m trying to get across is that if you get caught by a CC warrior and you’re not prepared for it in any way, or is the warrior out plays you you should pay the price for it. It’s the same as if a condition heavy build dumped their full rotation on you and you didn’t bring any condition clear skills / traits / food to the fight.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Actually the build you’re complaining about can’t attack when it has specific conditions, mace and hammer attack incredibly slow, for example X/P thief can blind them mid animation just from the shot alone without the warrior being IN the field as it automatically combos off itself. Those builds also rely on Ire to cleanse which is useless when somebody blinds you and they attack so slowly and without pulsing fields that they remove blind very poorly even in ideal cases.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Do you have heard about class mechanics? Can a mesmer stealth so much with short CD has a thief? Can a necro or a ranger spam AI as a mesmer? Can a warrior port? Can a warrior stealth? Can a warrior spam AI? Some classes do things way better than others in some point. Warriors have burst skills.
The stuns people complain are our burst skills. Our weapons stuns have high CD. Only our special abilities have shorter CD because they are linked to adrenaline.
If warriors have to adapt to other classes mechanics, other classes should do the same.
It would better to had one or two classes with team stability than starting to nerf class mechanics.

So now Stuns are a class mechanic of warriors..?
It is not burst skills the problem, it is that two skills only which are stuns and are on incredibly low cooldown and can be easily spammed. How can’t you even get the point?

Giving team stability is just stupid. It will completely destroy utility CC and interrupts (which are really ment to be skilled CCs) only to counter a single cookie cutter build.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

1. Are you kidding? I’ve been consistently using real data from the tournaments to counter the horrid arguments of people like you that try to introduce misinformation into balance arguments.

2-3 You tried making an argument that being common or popular in low levels of play means something is broken. Fact is Humans are the most commonly played class in GW2 by a large margin. This directly leads to show that your argument and logic is completely flawed. Learn to keep up with the flow of argument.

4. 6 of 40 is a huge number? Are you being intentionally misleading? 5 of 40 is exactly ideal representation of 12.5%. 6/40 is one extra at 15%. At that same tournament engineers were 5/20, necro 5/20, thief 5/20, ranger 9/20, guardian 8/20… So a 20% increase over thief/necro but still a 25% and 33% decrease compared to guardian and ranger. Sorry but warriors seem to be pretty much in-line. And that was only the very first time they had those numbers. Necros and thieves used to be up there with guard and ranger with everyone else in the dumper. As teams get used to warrior, there is no telling what will happen. Warriors may go up, may even out, may drop down.

1. You said that high competitive teams don’t pick Warriors. That is a blatantly false statement which you even contraddicted a couple of sentences after.

2-3. Human is not the most played class in GW2 in PvP. You got it? You took PvE data and used that as a counter example in a PvP argument. In PvE it is all a matter of personal preference, in PvP there is no personal preference at all. Is that too hard to understand for you?

4. Did you even read what I’ve wrote, or you are just pushing blindly your clueless argument? Do you realize that Guardians and Rangers are a requirement for a team due to being mid point and close point bunkers or not? If Warrior were able to fit the close point bunker role, I’m pretty sure you’ll see way more Warriors than Rangers, but that’s not the case.

in Warrior

silentnight warrior.2714

So now Stuns are a class mechanic of warriors..?
It is not burst skills the problem, it is that two skills only which are stuns and are on incredibly low cooldown and can be easily spammed. How can’t you even get the point?

Giving team stability is just stupid. It will completely destroy utility CC and interrupts (which are really ment to be skilled CCs) only to counter a single cookie cutter build.

No. Burst skill are a class mechanic for warriors. They are linked to adrenaline. Read my post again.
Has a warrior you have disadvantages/advantages for using adrenaline.
To give team stability is to introduce counter play to classes that can abuse CC (not only warrior, necros and mesmer as well).
If the problem is the stun meta, this is the only logic thing to do. Of course the classes and duration of stability should be well thought to not completely destry CC in this game and to bring other classes into play.