Nerf incoming - Upcoming Dec changes posted.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Everyone thinks Warriors are overpowered, Except Warriors.

Honestly everyone else is wrong, and all Warriors are just right.

grin

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Will you guys just stop talking nonsense already ?

Yes HS is very weak against burst damage but at the moment is very strong because warriors don’t need to spec glassy for dps hence they are very hard or impossible to burst down.

That is exactly why Unsuspecting Foe needs to go ,forcing warriors into either tanky or dps builds so healsig can still be a good counter to bunkers and against condis while weak against burst builds as it should be.Wars will have a valid counter exactly like now,only it’s not a real counter when you need to burst trough 3500 armor.

Also this only applies to power builds .Condi is kitten as hell but that is not a warrior problem at all but an all arround gw2 main issue since all classes can spec mega tanky and insane condi damage because of flaws in design of condi damage and irresponsibly pairing it with defensive stats.They need rethink condition damage and stats from scratch imo or the game will forever be unballanced.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

About time they realized they went too far. Thank you based Sharp.

If you are focused in mid fight or 3+ you have no defense and will die fast (u have no teleports, u have no invis, and u have no mobility with this build), so this nerf is basically because people lose 1 vs 1. It’s unfortunate, but will probably force s/s and lb to do anything in this condi meta that people apparently enjoy since the biggest complaint is stuns. I guess they never heard of stability or evade or block.

“If you are focused in mid fight or 3+ you have no defense and will die fast”

Every profession does. Warrior is the only one that can hold those 3 people more than a couple seconds – I’ve seen Warriors do this and win, consistently. I guess you sort of forgot that you’re the only profession that can become immune to all damage for 5 or so seconds (8s counting block – 11s if we’re counting condition damage only).

“so this nerf is basically because people lose 1 vs 1”

No, it’s because Warriors can sustain like a bunker, CC like a dedicated control, and damage like a DPS build all in one. 1v1 is what most complain about, yes, but you would have to be remiss to tell me that they don’t bring unbeatable CC support and sustain to a tPvP team.

“I guess they never heard of stability or evade or block.”

Not all professions have 2 of these.

Warriors winning in 3 v 1 – if that was the case then let me tell you – the players were bad.
No matter what class – if you go up 3 v 1 against decent players – you will lose. They will wear you down because mathematically they can do it.

A few days ago i crushed ( and i really mean crushed ) 2 players in WvW in a 2 v 1. As a warrior.
You’re going to start screaming " SEE? OP WAR IS OP – you’ve agreed to it" .
Except one of them was also a warrior. And the other a thief.

So you’ve got the game’s best burst class and another warrior vs 1 warrior.
If warriors are so OP i should have been on equal ground with the other war and by the fact that the thief was there they should have won. But no.
They got crushed 3 times, they kept coming back and dying. Not because warrior is op – but because bad players are bad – and always will be.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

OP build try the healway engie or a prismatic understanding condition mesmer build; those are far worse in terms of balance.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who realizes this. Those builds will have their moment in due time. Then we can go ham on complaining about em.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

So the strategy is..whine and its will get nerfed.. Now i know what ill be doing on class subforums and spvp. I actually wonder what goes to get nerfed, if its UF its can hurt axe/sword+shield power builds.

For me its sound like UW getting moved to GM making it a worthless trait.

You’re probably too blinded by your Warrior playing delusions to think straight, but people tend to “whine” about what is OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

A few days ago i crushed ( and i really mean crushed ) 2 players in WvW in a 2 v 1. As a warrior.

This is flawed reasoning. There are plenty of reasons that the other warrior was inferior to you. I would argue that your example is actually pretty good evidence that warrior is OP, because the more OP warrior is the less relevant the thief is in your warrior vs. warrior battle. Your example has as much relevance to warrior not being OP as saying that you won a 1v1 vs. another warrior. You beat a warrior with your warrior, so thus warrior can’t be OP…that’s not logical at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

So the strategy is..whine and its will get nerfed.. Now i know what ill be doing on class subforums and spvp. I actually wonder what goes to get nerfed, if its UF its can hurt axe/sword+shield power builds.

For me its sound like UW getting moved to GM making it a worthless trait.

You’re probably too blinded by your Warrior playing delusions to think straight, but people tend to “whine” about what is OP.

No dude..that’s the pvp norm today whenever a underdog class becomes viable. Whiners will complain until it gets nerf and developers will always listen or them too gets owned by it.

Players cried about the 100blades, it’s combo got nerf for a long time. Now it’s hammer time which isn’t severely OP, but other classes think so.

Yes I know it’s CC heavy and I wouldn’t fight them unless I have no choice.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

grin

Do you really believe that this is “my Professions vs your Profession”? People complain all the time against other Professions (almost childishly so) but it doesn’t mean that they don’t play the other Professions.

I don’t think my Warrior is OP, but rather in a good place at this time. Survivability is now better (before it didn’t have good survivability at all-high vitality didn’t help as much as people usually think.) It still has weak healing burst skills, that don’t play well with such high hit points pool. I was rather happy that the weapons I used to use BEFORE they became “meta” were improved as of late.

However, the above means that I would really dislike if they nerf unsuspecting foe, as I did almost prepare my Warrior to have a rather low critical chance a LONG time ago, just because I preferred the Hammer when it wasn’t as popular, and it allowed me to use more defensive gear. It was NEVER OP or as powerful as a Greatsword build. Unsuspecting foe was thus always a good trait for my Warrior in particular, even back when it was a rarity. And I still believe it’s not “max DPS” at all, nor honestly believe unsuspecting foe is an “unfair” trait given that its benefit is very situational.

In short, I do not agree that Warriors have max DPS, max survivability, and max CC without sacrificing something. Main-hand Axe is probably still more powerful, and ditto for the Greatsword. Not every Warrior that uses Hammer/Longbow uses the meta-prescribed build anyway. Whatever they decide to do with the Warrior’s “OP” status, hopefully they keep the weapons untouched, or buff the “bad” weapons so there’s no excuse and every weapon has its use.

Also, to the poster that stated that he/she hopes hammer is nerfed so that he/she can go back to greatsword/longbow: NOTHING is preventing you from doing so right now-why use “the most effective build” according to what many other players currently use? By doing this, you will be at the mercy of patches and metas, rather than playing the way that is the most fun to you (hopefully you are not saying you wish Greatsword to be the “best” Warrior weapon? As the ideal is that all weapons are good in one way or the other.)

in Warrior

Harper.4173

This is flawed reasoning. There are plenty of reasons that the other warrior was inferior to you. I would argue that your example is actually pretty good evidence that warrior is OP, because the more OP warrior is the less relevant the thief is in your warrior vs. warrior battle. Your example has as much relevance to warrior not being OP as saying that you won a 1v1 vs. another warrior. You beat a warrior with your warrior, so thus warrior can’t be OP…that’s not logical at all.

You’re missing the point.
I beat 2 people in a 2 v 1 – they were bad and they’re exactly the type of people that fill the forum with " WARRIOR SO OP". If one had been a ranger and I had posted that people would’ve jumped and pointed " look how OP war is ".

The thief would have mattered if he wasn’t probably the worst player in the world.

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Haha, I’m glad I didn’t spend those laurels on my warrior just yet. Although I did get him completely kitted out in exotics… :/

After playing him these last few days in WvW, the only weakness I had was getting kitteny and jumping into 8 people, because I knew there was a good chance I could get someone and get away.

Kited 7 enemies around ogre watch, ended up killing 2, other 5 gave up. The only guy to stay was another hammer warrior, we ended up having a 10 minute fight (which I won), and only reason i could beat him, was because I was a hammer warrior.

I was fully about to do the whole ascended gear etc on my warrior, but even I felt cheap killing with him, it was just too easy with regen and having earthshaker up so often.

For the damage I can output i’m way too tanky.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Haha, I’m glad I didn’t spend those laurels on my warrior just yet. Although I did get him completely kitted out in exotics… :/

After playing him these last few days in WvW, the only weakness I had was getting kitteny and jumping into 8 people, because I knew there was a good chance I could get someone and get away.

Kited 7 enemies around ogre watch, ended up killing 2, other 5 gave up. The only guy to stay was another hammer warrior, we ended up having a 10 minute fight (which I won), and only reason i could beat him, was because I was a hammer warrior.

I was fully about to do the whole ascended gear etc on my warrior, but even I felt cheap killing with him, it was just too easy with regen and having earthshaker up so often.

Typical fotm reroller attitude and one of the reasons im happy we’re getting nerfed. Better Not gear your necro just yet! You never know which the next target is! Maybe Gear your mesmer instead?

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, at least I can feel better about playing GS/Mace, while using Healing Surge.

It’s a bit plain, but more challenging than fotm. And a reliable anti bunker is always needed.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

How do people find these groups of terrible players? I’m honestly looking for an actual answer. You don’t kite 7 decent players around and down 2. You just don’t. It has to be the perfect enemy composition and lack of skill to allow you to do something like this. The stars aligned for you, and your conclusion is that Warrior Hammer/Toughness builds are cheap? How many were upleveled? What classes were they? How often were they trying to cripple/chill/immobilize you? Did you use -40% condi duration food and they didn’t use +40% condi duration food?

If the other Warrior was really “that easy” to kill, and you felt “cheap” doing so, why did it take you 10 minutes to kill him?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Typical fotm reroller attitude and one of the reasons im happy we’re getting nerfed. Better Not gear your necro just yet! You never know which the next target is! Maybe Gear your mesmer instead?

Actually I played warrior from day 1, i’d just never really kitted him out for WvW as I played 100 percent spvp on a warrior pre-buffs.

The healing signet+adrenal health+armour values has just made warriors ott. There’s no trade off in ability. High damage,high sustain! sure! have it all!. Every single other class has to trade off between damage and survivability.

Get kitten y all you want, but I spent a load of gold making my warrior temp’d and i’m glad they’re being balanced, it was just ridiculous the damage and sustain I was capable of.

Oh, I think i’ll roll a thief btw. Now there’s a class who’s received some fine nerfing in the last 12 months.

Re:Cogbyrn : Easy, you stand in front of keeps solo, people leave the keep thinking they outnumber you and when a critical mass forms they’ll chase you. I was running melandru and food buff. I have no idea if they were uplevelled, some probably were? The warrior was definately an 80 (weapons/armour).

He wasn’t an easy fight, it was just longwinded. I felt cheap killing the ranger who ran up to us just as I was downing the warrior, who went down in 4 shots whilst my health stayed at 95 percent.

When people are doing more damage to you from a downed state than when running around, something is wrong.

Anyway, Anet themselves have stated it’s a problem, and I agree.

(edited by phaeris.7604)

in Warrior

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

grin

Do you really believe that this is “my Professions vs your Profession”? People complain all the time against other Professions (almost childishly so) but it doesn’t mean that they don’t play the other Professions.

I don’t think my Warrior is OP, but rather in a good place at this time. Survivability is now better (before it didn’t have good survivability at all-high vitality didn’t help as much as people usually think.) It still has weak healing burst skills, that don’t play well with such high hit points pool. I was rather happy that the weapons I used to use BEFORE they became “meta” were improved as of late.

However, the above means that I would really dislike if they nerf unsuspecting foe, as I did almost prepare my Warrior to have a rather low critical chance a LONG time ago, just because I preferred the Hammer when it wasn’t as popular, and it allowed me to use more defensive gear. It was NEVER OP or as powerful as a Greatsword build. Unsuspecting foe was thus always a good trait for my Warrior in particular, even back when it was a rarity. And I still believe it’s not “max DPS” at all, nor honestly believe unsuspecting foe is an “unfair” trait given that its benefit is very situational.

In short, I do not agree that Warriors have max DPS, max survivability, and max CC without sacrificing something. Main-hand Axe is probably still more powerful, and ditto for the Greatsword. Not every Warrior that uses Hammer/Longbow uses the meta-prescribed build anyway. Whatever they decide to do with the Warrior’s “OP” status, hopefully they keep the weapons untouched, or buff the “bad” weapons so there’s no excuse and every weapon has its use.

Also, to the poster that stated that he/she hopes hammer is nerfed so that he/she can go back to greatsword/longbow: NOTHING is preventing you from doing so right now-why use “the most effective build” according to what many other players currently use? By doing this, you will be at the mercy of patches and metas, rather than playing the way that is the most fun to you (hopefully you are not saying you wish Greatsword to be the “best” Warrior weapon? As the ideal is that all weapons are good in one way or the other.)

Did you really just ask me if I believe what I stated

Then follow it up with

“I don’t think my Warrior is OP, but rather in a good place at this time.”

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Warrior

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

grin

Did you really just ask me if I believe what I stated

Then follow it up with

“I don’t think my Warrior is OP, but rather in a good place at this time.”

Don’t follow your logic, as my Ranger-whuch I still love to play regardless-is not in as good a place as the Warrior is. That doesn’t mean that Warrior is OP at all. Buff whatever needs to be buffed in the other Professions, rather than nerfing just because fights against warriors seem like a losing proposition.

I doubt 100% balance can be reached if ANet listens to all complaints, as all forums are littered with how much their Profession sucks vs another “OP” one. Al of them. Can’t be true, really.

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

My fear is not the nerf, that is ok, that hammer build need a nerf, my fear is that they were not doing a good job in the last month, and they gonna destroy the hammer build at all, make it useless, and forcing some player to farm again another ascended items for another build. That will be a bad nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

SHIELD NERF INC!

Oh wait…

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Warrior

Harper.4173

How do people find these groups of terrible players? I’m honestly looking for an actual answer. You don’t kite 7 decent players around and down 2. You just don’t. It has to be the perfect enemy composition and lack of skill to allow you to do something like this. The stars aligned for you, and your conclusion is that Warrior Hammer/Toughness builds are cheap? How many were upleveled? What classes were they? How often were they trying to cripple/chill/immobilize you? Did you use -40% condi duration food and they didn’t use +40% condi duration food?

If the other Warrior was really “that easy” to kill, and you felt “cheap” doing so, why did it take you 10 minutes to kill him?

These sorts of claims are great overstatements and exaggerations – the forums are full with these.
Warriors being SO OP – is a combination of bad players such as the guy encountered ( those 7 newbs) and posts like these made to brag about it that infuriate other bad players on the forums.

If he was able to kite 7 players and kill 2 – they must have been so bad he could have with any class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The outcry may result in ANet nerfing the Hammer and Mace damage coefficients into the ground and makes both weapons useless in any build.

Since this is the easiest solution, this is the fear instead of addressing the one trait and one ability that needs review (and these two really only needs review in sPvP).

We could all sleep a little easier if Jon Sharp could just state the specific mechanic needing review in lieu of the statement that ‘one build that does them all’ because I can think of two-three builds that work that way with one of them being FotM.

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Re:Cogbyrn : Easy, you stand in front of keeps solo, people leave the keep thinking they outnumber you and when a critical mass forms they’ll chase you. I was running melandru and food buff. I have no idea if they were uplevelled, some probably were? The warrior was definately an 80 (weapons/armour).

What server are you on? Just curious because I know from experience that a Warrior outfitted the way you are won’t last long on my server if chased by 7 people.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Dec Patch

Strength 5 – Reckless Dodge. Increased Damage by 25%
Strength III – Great Fortitude. Increased conversion rate from 5% to 7%.
Arms IV – Unsuspecting Foe. Moved to Master Tier.
Arms VII – Crack Shot. Moved to Adept Tier.
Arms XII – Last Chance. Increased the threshold form 25% to 50%. Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 40seconds.
Defense 25 – Armored Attack. Increased conversion rate from 5% to 10%.
Defense XII – Spiked Armor. Reduced the recharge from 15s to 10s.
Tactics 5 – Determined Revival. Now correctly displays the amount of toughness.
Tactics 25 – Reviver’s Might. Now applies 3 stacks of Might instead of 1.
Discipline II – Thrill of the Kill. Increased Adrenaline gain from 1 to 10.
Discipline XI – Burst Mastery. Reduced damage increase from 10% to 7%. Removed erroneous adrenaline gain fact.
Earthshaker. Reduced damage by 20%.
Staggering Blow. Reduced damage by 23%.
Skull Crack. Increased the cast time from 1/4s to 1/2s. Updated the animation and effects of this skill to be more clear.
Combustive Shot – Increased pulse duration to 3s. Increased burn duration per pulse to 3s. Normalized damage per pulse. Updated pulses per tier to 2, 3,and 4 respectively for tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

These sorts of claims are great overstatements and exaggerations – the forums are full with these.
Warriors being SO OP – is a combination of bad players such as the guy encountered ( those 7 newbs) and posts like these made to brag about it that infuriate other bad players on the forums.

If he was able to kite 7 players and kill 2 – they must have been so bad he could have with any class.

Even with NPC Ogres on your side and 7 upleveled players going against you, this would be a monumental feat for any player. There is clearly something missing int this story. Now as a trolling stealth Thief with stealth/backstab/stealth stomp I may or may not have done this over and over but that has more to do with peoples attention on the PvE mobs than the real threat in near perma-stealth.

On topic, Jon Peters just posted. Looks like I was half right :/ Nerf to F1 skills only but mace cast time increased by .25s means Mace F1 goes back down to ‘very low performance’ again.

Not sure why Longbow F1 was nerfed … again … it’s as if they don’t want people using the Adrenaline abilities unless they are full maximized Adrenaline … if that’s the case, remove the adrenaline tiers. I must be missing something because on the surface, it defies logic.

Healing Signet was not even on the radar apparently.

in Warrior

mini.6018

Dec Patch

Arms XII – Last Chance. Increased the threshold form 25% to 50%. Reduced the cooldown from 45 seconds to 40seconds.
Discipline XI – Burst Mastery. Reduced damage increase from 10% to 7%. Removed erroneous adrenaline gain fact.
Skull Crack. Increased the cast time from 1/4s to 1/2s. Updated the animation and effects of this skill to be more clear.
Combustive Shot – Increased pulse duration to 3s. Increased burn duration per pulse to 3s. Normalized damage per pulse. Updated pulses per tier to 2, 3,and 4 respectively for tier 1, tier 2, and tier 3.

source pls ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Dec Patch

1. I don’t think its will be useful
2. Still useless
3. I knew they going to place it in master, high nerf to hammer builds
4. Something cool to me, but personally i prefer to have it moved to discipline.
5. Still useless
6. Huge buff
7. Bugfix
8. Always betetr tha 1 stack..
9. Just delete it, i beg u.
10. Nerf
11. Huge nerf, bb hammer?
12. Huge nerf, bye hammer.
13. NOOOO!
14. Idk.

in Warrior

mini.6018

if they add .25 cas time on mace f1 they should delete mace altogether .It’s a 130 range single target weapon for kitten’s sake .How are you supposed to hit anyome with that.That would be a huge nerf especially against thieves popping out of stealth on you.

130 RANGE srsly just wow. Bye bye build variety .All wars will run ss/lb condi spec from december.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview

So basically they nerfed hammer and mace into gorund, but other weps won’t see any buffs? Heeelo gs, rifle, axe..

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Dec Patch

source pls ?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview/

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: MasterAbaddon.7839

MasterAbaddon.7839

If they’re really gonna nerf the dmg to earthshaker. atleast make it unblockable. 20% is too big of a nerf to be called fair IMO

in Warrior

Posted by: Ethaine.8419

Ethaine.8419

Why would they move UF and nerf hammer damage all in one go….. That’s just stupid.

(edited by Ethaine.8419)

in Warrior

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

Nerfing War will throw things out of whack. There’s a consequence that it will make this just like any other mmos: devs listening to stupid crybabies.

in Warrior

Harper.4173

Even with NPC Ogres on your side and 7 upleveled players going against you, this would be a monumental feat for any player. There is clearly something missing int this story. Now as a trolling stealth Thief with stealth/backstab/stealth stomp I may or may not have done this over and over but that has more to do with peoples attention on the PvE mobs than the real threat in near perma-stealth.

On topic, Jon Peters just posted. Looks like I was half right :/ Nerf to F1 skills only but mace cast time increased by .25s means Mace F1 goes back down to ‘very low performance’ again.

Not sure why Longbow F1 was nerfed … again … it’s as if they don’t want people using the Adrenaline abilities unless they are full maximized Adrenaline … if that’s the case, remove the adrenaline tiers. I must be missing something because on the surface, it defies logic.

Healing Signet was not even on the radar apparently.

Signet was always fine. It was SIGNET + OTHER STUFF ( Hammer and Longbow mainly) that were the reason people were going QQ like mad.
If they had nerfed signet then all builds using it ( not just the ones people went QQ about ) would have been hit.
Plus – there was a reason signet was buffed in the first place.
Most of the solution make sense – but I don’t see why they chose to gut both hammer and longbow – seems like overkill. Might as well have left longbow F1 as it was.

in Warrior

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

It was a reasonable nerf I think, a couple of trait changes that only really effected skullcrack and a nerf to earthshaker, which honestly was way too powerful when I’m critting for like 3-4k on a full pvt warrior with a 2s stun, surprised there wasn’t a change to healing signet, on the flipside a lot of options to run rifle spec warriors move crack shot down to adept, it’d be interesting to see if any more zerker heavy rifle / heavy glass builds start appearing again with those trait changes, certainly can see it happening in WvW. Also lol @ the dodge trait being increased, soon they will make it so I can kill enemies simply by dodging at them…soon

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

It was a reasonable nerf I think, a couple of trait changes that only really effected skullcrack and a nerf to earthshaker, which honestly was way too powerful when I’m critting for like 3-4k on a full pvt warrior with a 2s stun, surprised there wasn’t a change to healing signet, on the flipside a lot of options to run rifle spec warriors move crack shot down to adept, it’d be interesting to see if any more zerker heavy rifle / heavy glass builds start appearing again with those trait changes, certainly can see it happening in WvW. Also lol @ the dodge trait being increased, soon they will make it so I can kill enemies simply by dodging at them…soon

I am not sure who u want to kill with rifle in pvp.. Pets? Spirits? Or other nasty mini monsters?

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Why would they move UF and nerf hammer damage all in one go….. That’s just stupid.

Because shaving means deleting the build altogether.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

mini.6018

if they add .25 cas time on mace f1 they should delete mace altogether .It’s a 130 range single target weapon for kitten’s sake .How are you supposed to hit anyome with that.That would be a huge nerf especially against thieves popping out of stealth on you.

130 RANGE srsly just wow. Bye bye build variety .All wars will run ss/lb condi spec from december.

final thrust on sword is even longer.. hit shield bash first or something

Yo can immobilize for 1 second with your auto attack or the leap to land final thrust.Or you can even leap plus flurry and then final thrust .Come on ppl seriously ? The only way to land a skullcrack would be bulls charge or throw bolas and they are both crap for a mace build.Mace is dead end of story .At least in competitive play/duels.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I posted this in the balance thread but will add it here also

Warrior:

• Discipline XI – Burst Mastery. Reduced damage increase from 10% to 7%. Removed erroneous adrenaline gain fact.
  • Earthshaker. Reduced damage by 20%.
  • Staggering Blow. Reduced damage by 23%.

This would pretty much render the hammer completely useless, especially if UF is moved to Master.

• Earthshaker already takes a damage reduction if you don’t have UF. I fear that nerfing it even more would make it very weak for an F1 skill (even less if burst mastery is also nerfed.)
  • In order to get UF once it is moved to Master you need to sacrifice either Burst Mastery (extra damage), or Merciless Hammer (extrta control) or Cleansing Ire (extra survability).
  • I can unerstand staggering blow being toned down a bit since it has become mobile and can actually hit something but -23% seems a little harsh.

I truly believe that all of this added together is overkill and will completely destroy the hammer warrior. Why not start with just the changes to UF and the longbow and see how it all evens out with other professions being buffed?

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: red.2387

red.2387

I think they should keep the UF nerf, leave Earthshaker’s damage alone (it’s not that high for a skill with such a long cast time and so easy to dodge) and reduce the Staggering Blow nerf to ~10%.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

I posted this in the balance thread but will add it here also

Warrior:

• Discipline XI – Burst Mastery. Reduced damage increase from 10% to 7%. Removed erroneous adrenaline gain fact.
  • Earthshaker. Reduced damage by 20%.
  • Staggering Blow. Reduced damage by 23%.

This would pretty much render the hammer completely useless, especially if UF is moved to Master.

• Earthshaker already takes a damage reduction if you don’t have UF. I fear that nerfing it even more would make it very weak for an F1 skill (even less if burst mastery is also nerfed.)
  • In order to get UF once it is moved to Master you need to sacrifice either Burst Mastery (extra damage), or Merciless Hammer (extrta control) or Cleansing Ire (extra survability).
  • I can unerstand staggering blow being toned down a bit since it has become mobile and can actually hit something but -23% seems a little harsh.

I truly believe that all of this added together is overkill and will completely destroy the hammer warrior. Why not start with just the changes to UF and the longbow and see how it all evens out with other professions being buffed?

This is exactly right. Nerfing hammer damage may very well be a good idea, but this looks like a case of too much too fast. I think we’ve been down that road before.

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Keep in mind that these are previews and may not reflect the final patch.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Keep in mind that these are previews and may not reflect the final patch.

I know, but if nobody voices and concerns then they might not take the time to reevaluate the changes they are proposing and just go ahead and implement them. Given their track record for nerfing professions into the ground, I am going to be very vocal about this. I don’t want the warrior to be the laughing stock of PvP/WvW(roaming) it once was.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Whoever fully kit out their Warrior (ascended gear) and didn’t see this coming were probably in lala land with the recent buffs or are fotm and wanted to hit harder at any cost. It’s horrible balance on Anet’s part, but if you’re still playing this game, you need to know better since Anet doesn’t.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Whoever fully kit out their Warrior (ascended gear) and didn’t see this coming were probably in lala land with the recent buffs or are fotm and wanted to hit harder at any cost. It’s horrible balance on Anet’s part, but if you’re still playing this game, you need to know better since Anet doesn’t.

Is true.

This is not a stable balanced game, this is a meta game, the balance team play changing the meta and making fotm professions. This is awful concept in conjunction with ascended gear (hard to get, hard to farm), where you need to change and adapt your class to the FOTM or viable build, forcing you to farm again new ascended or just keep in exotic.

That things are those that make players left the game when a new fresh mmorpg is released.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Is true.

This is not a stable balanced game, this is a meta game, the balance team play changing the meta and making fotm professions. This is awful concept in conjunction with ascended gear (hard to get, hard to farm), where you need to change and adapt your class to the FOTM or viable build, forcing you to farm again new ascended or just keep in exotic.

That things are those that make players left the game when a new fresh mmorpg is released.

Actually my axe/shield getting a buff (+70 power). Some builds are viable in wvw, but they aren’t in spvp like mine. Create ur own build with wvw gear and u should be fine. No1 forces u to play meta copy-paste builds.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

^ People still playing that gimmick? Im shocked..

in Warrior

redslion.9675

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

(and I played it before it was cool, so my hipster powers will make me go where the build won’t let me… :P)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

(and I played it before it was cool, so my hipster powers will make me go where the build won’t let me… :P)

That’s how I feel with hammer warrior XD been playing it for at least half a year. I remember seeing threads with people saying hammer was useless and to take greatsword instead, and now it’s getting nerfed.

The Legion Calls

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

Well the point it.. Play whatever u want as long u have fun ;b

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

From small-group/zerbusting WvW warrior perspective:

Hammer builds will become less popular and be centered around 0/20/20/0/30 (this one much better imo, especially if you slot EP to compensate for losing defy pain) or 0/20/30/0/20 depending on which one you need for your group, balanced or pure survivability. Ironically the straight dmg decrease affects zerker/near zerker hammer builds the most, rather than the PVT crap you see in zerg hammer trains, so higher-skilled players will be feeling the effects, especially during solo/duo roaming. Hammer trains will still likely be run despite the nerfs for sheer stun pressure. One thing to consider is that, by going deeper into arms to get master UF trait, you will be increasing your crit chance in addition to adding a 10% increased crit chance to burst skills. This will allow you to sub out more precision gear for some other stat of your choice, which acts as a bit of a counterbalance to the hit in toughness or crit dmg/burst recharge that you take, depending on your build.

Relative increase in popularity of condi ss+lb dire war will ensue (so boring to play and basically skill-less, spam condis and immob and win), the condi necro nerfs are counteracted by nerf from war’s, their #1 enemy that could stunlock and kill them in fights. War’s will still be able to stunlock but will have much harder time killing them.

Skullcrack telegraph will probably be LOLer readable now, 1/2 second cast time puts it on par with a standard hammer auto (roll eyes). Meanwhile other classes get untelegraphed, ranged instant cast abilities that can hit like a truck (power/hybrid rifle engie anyone)

Axe still blows.

Condi spam rules this game, and that’s apparently the direction Anet wants to continue to shove the meta by hard nerfing one of the builds specifically designed to counter immobile, condi-spamming classes and builds.

Overall hammer will still be able to serve its function of stunning, but may not be able to apply significant pressure against back line enemies to warrant enemy team to actually do anything about it in a small group setting. We’ll have to see how it plays out.

Fast hands locked into the 15 minor trait slot is still preventing us from having any sort of build diversity. Tactics tree still blows chunks. Strength tree still blows chunks.

So, the viable small group builds are now:

1) Nerfed hammer war spec 0/20/20/0/30 or 0/20/30/0/20

2) Condi ss+ LB war

3) Rifle + gs single target burst, 100b + EP on downed clumps.

And that’s literally it.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)