Nerf incoming - Upcoming Dec changes posted.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

^ People still playing that gimmick? Im shocked..

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

(and I played it before it was cool, so my hipster powers will make me go where the build won’t let me… :P)

That’s how I feel with hammer warrior XD been playing it for at least half a year. I remember seeing threads with people saying hammer was useless and to take greatsword instead, and now it’s getting nerfed.

Same here, I’ve played the hammer for the fast 6 months, it has never been OP and was considered be a weak and laughable opponent by many . All of a sudden some gimmicky runes come out and make 1 hammer build super strong and Anet’s solution is to nerf the weapon into oblivion instead of fixing the rune that caused the problem start with.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

(and I played it before it was cool, so my hipster powers will make me go where the build won’t let me… :P)

Well the point it.. Play whatever u want as long u have fun ;b

Before I was afraid it was OP, but now…

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

Well the point it.. Play whatever u want as long u have fun ;b

Before I was afraid it was OP, but now…

Even hambow wasnt op, but we all know the casual tend to complain about anything.. Looking at forums i see all the time “y u gave me dat kitten for free, if i want dat for free?” topic/answers to the point i would kick em in face..

And the most funny thing is – its won’t nerf in any way ptv hammer trains in wvw – its a nerf to anyone that used it with a mix of knight/zerk/cavalier gear.

in Warrior

Posted by: Gmtsai.6349

Gmtsai.6349

I’m going to call this patch “faceroll elimination patch”, can’t wait until December to see these faceroll player back to their original position (bad position, as we all know faceroll players are always bad that’s why they play the meta build)

in Warrior

Posted by: Snavenhoj.9125

Snavenhoj.9125

All your tears… They are delicious.

in Warrior

redslion.9675

It might be a gimmick…

But it’s my gimmick.XD

That’s how I feel with hammer warrior XD been playing it for at least half a year. I remember seeing threads with people saying hammer was useless and to take greatsword instead, and now it’s getting nerfed.

I know that feel bro, Hammer was one of my favorite builds too. Played it from time to time since April. Some people were laughing at me for using it, but it did its job. Now it will be harder.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

I play a mesmer and a warrior in WvW, and I’m disappointed to hear about these changes.

Warriors are in a rough spot as they’re very easy to play and do reasonably well, but simultaneously suffer a low skill cap (that is to say that in the hands of an expert, we aren’t as powerful as some other classes).

Fighting stun warriors was always a matter of “learn to play”. It’s unfortunate that warriors are essentially a hard counter to terrible players.

(edited by Jett.1239)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

It’s unfortunate that warriors are essentially a hard counter to terrible players.

Amen to that…

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Well they didn’t touch healing signet so bunker wars will still have complaints.

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Stop posting builds for ppl with no hands.Noobs will always die and qq even is skullcrack would be a 30 second cast time starting to channel it before you leave Lion’s Arch.The issue is decent and skilled players and mace/gs was never enough for them.

Gl with the new 1/2 second cast time.You will need to land a 20 sec cd shield bash to apply a 7,1/2 sec cd skullcrack.Pretty kitten useless.

Also it was possible to land a skullcrack right between a thief’s sword evades.Gl doing that in the future. Just sit and get spammed all day by a sword thief.MAce is dead if patch goes live except against obvious noobs but then again i don’t need no mace to kill any baddies i just do it with whatever weapon i have sloted.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Also it was possible to land a skullcrack right between a thief’s sword evades.Gl doing that in the future. Just sit and get spammed all day by a sword thief.MAce is dead if patch goes live except against obvious noobs but then again i don’t need no mace to kill any baddies i just do it with whatever weapon i have sloted.

If you could time a Skull Crack between evades before, just press the button .25 seconds earlier than you used to. It’s still a matter of timing and anticipation, it’s just a slight bit different.

Problem solved.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Stop posting builds for ppl with no hands.Noobs will always die and qq even is skullcrack would be a 30 second cast time starting to channel it before you leave Lion’s Arch.The issue is decent and skilled players and mace/gs was never enough for them.

Gl with the new 1/2 second cast time.You will need to land a 20 sec cd shield bash to apply a 7,1/2 sec cd skullcrack.Pretty kitten useless.

I’m pretty sure people with no hands will die playing this. It’s not as strong as it was before.

But knowing you have one more build which isn’t subpar is a good thing. Even I don’t play it. But sometimes I might.

in Warrior

mini.6018

If you could time a Skull Crack between evades before, just press the button .25 seconds earlier than you used to. It’s still a matter of timing and anticipation, it’s just a slight bit different.

Problem solved.

You have no ideea whatsoever about pvp just by saying that.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Problem solved.

Oh yeah, I forgot PvP was about coming to forums and advocating for your own class instead of going out and trying to adjust to changes.

My bad. Keep on keeping on.

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Problem solved.

In what way is he wrong? Any warrior with half a brain does that currently, and any warrior with half a brain will be able to compensate after this nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Actually my axe/shield getting a buff (+70 power). Some builds are viable in wvw, but they aren’t in spvp like mine. Create ur own build with wvw gear and u should be fine. No1 forces u to play meta copy-paste builds.

I should have specified fotm builds, my bad. Yeah the guys who have a build that they stick by nerf or buff and are willing to put in ascended gear is fine, it’s the ones who jump on the most op thing at the time and fully gear it out to abuse it only for it to get nerfed who are the problem.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

Same here, I’ve played the hammer for the fast 6 months, it has never been OP and was considered be a weak and laughable opponent by many . All of a sudden some gimmicky runes come out and make 1 hammer build super strong and Anet’s solution is to nerf the weapon into oblivion instead of fixing the rune that caused the problem start with.

I’m rather surprised on reading the patch preview and that "The overall goal here is to reduce the damage for the very high control warriors. This means reducing some dependency on going 30 points into discipline for Burst Mastery, making warriors spend 20 points in Arms to get the benefit of Unsuspecting Foe. "
I run a sword/shield and hammer build in WvW. I do not at all use the discipline trait line for Burst Mastery, I have zero points in discipline. Also I do not run Runes of Perplexity either. Really I see Runes of Perplexity used FAR more often on Engineers than Warriors. Fix the Runes of Perplexity first so they have an Internal Cool down, then see how things change.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in Warrior

mini.6018

Problem solved.

In what way is he wrong? Any warrior with half a brain does that currently, and any warrior with half a brain will be able to compensate after this nerf.

Because the thief would already be inside his evasion animation by then.You can’t start loading your skullcrack because no one ever has a clue when a thief is gonna pop on them out of nowhere.Brain has nothing to do with it,only reflexes and castingt time is too long now even if you have perfect ones.

You are both just like that guy saying landing a finalthrust is harder when in fact mace lacks the tools to close the gaps ,immobilize,cripple to perform it and it’s exactly the opposite.Just stop talking nonsense you are the guys that need to land a shield bash or a bs just to do a skullcrack even in the curent state.This change will only affect good players while baddies will still go arround landing one shield bash->skullcrack-> 100 blades every christmass since shield stun is 1 sec and ppl will still complain about it.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Problem solved.

Because the thief would already be inside his evasion animation by then.You can’t start loading your skullcrack because no one ever has a clue when a thief is gonna pop on them out of nowhere.Brain has nothing to do with it,only reflexes and castingt time is too long now even if you have perfect ones.

You are both just like that guy saying landing a finalthrust is harder when in fact mace lacks the tools to close the gaps ,immobilize,cripple to perform it and it’s exactly the opposite.Just stop talking nonsense you are the guys that need to land a shield bash or a bs just to do a skullcrack even in the curent state.This change will only affect good players while baddies will still go arround landing one shield bash->skullcrack-> 100 blades every christmass since shield stun is 1 sec and ppl will still complain about it.

I don’t even use a Mace. Hammer/GS in Zerker gear is my squeeze, and will continue to be.

I just thought it was interesting how you didn’t factor anything into the equation besides the change to Skull Crack. All those Thief tears about nerfs to Initiative regen through traits, Sword’s shadow step mechanic, and perma stealth must be for nothing.

in Warrior

mini.6018

Problem solved.

I don’t even use a Mace. Hammer/GS in Zerker gear is my squeeze, and will continue to be.

I just thought it was interesting how you didn’t factor anything into the equation besides the change to Skull Crack. All those Thief tears about nerfs to Initiative regen through traits, Sword’s shadow step mechanic, and perma stealth must be for nothing.

It all remains to be seen.Meanwhile lacernous strike will still hit for 7k and will be harder to counter with mace.The initiative regen loss will only be punishing the bads that need to spam forever while skilled thieves will always expect the right situation and burst you down without fail.

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Problem solved.

At 3/4 or 4/5 into the dodge roll a warrior will use skullcrack, assuming a dodge lasts for 1 seconds.

Now they use it earlier.

In what way is this a difficult concept? This is why random dodging is bad and people who do it are bad. You are at your most vulnerable at the end of a dodge roll, and good players exploit this.

(edited by Larynx.2453)

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Problem solved.

It all remains to be seen.Meanwhile lacernous strike will still hit for 7k and will be harder to counter with mace.The initiative regen loss will only be punishing the bads that need to spam forever while skilled thieves will always expect the right situation and burst you down without fail.

You go ahead and tally up the loss on paper before you even get in game . That’s the sort of attitude that will plateau you early, and it probably also leads you to making statements about games having low skill ceilings.

I’d rather go in-game and work on improving, regardless of what the theory says.

in Warrior

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Problem solved.

In what works does larcenous strike hit 7k? When a zerk S/D thief hits my zerk thief with scholar runes, it hits for 4.5k max. Skull crack has a small cast time, that will now make it a pretty balanced skill. It’s gonna be harder to land now, but with a 3 second stun it has a great pay off. I think the balance changes are going I’m a pretty good direction this next patch

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’m a bit confused about Combustive Shot.

So at 3 adren, instead of the Current: 1 pulse every 2 seconds for 5 pulses (10 seconds total) we’re going to have 1 pulse every 3 seconds for 4 pulses (12 seconds total).

Does this seem a little weird and pointless to anyone else?

I personally sort of like the burning pulsing every 2 seconds as opposed to 3. I’ve seen a lot of WvW people run right through my huge ring of fire and get be unscathed because they got lucky timing, andit took them 1.9 seconds to get through the field.

ANet, I’d rather to see Combustive shot pulse more often, not less often. The damage being normalized and adjusted is fine.

in Warrior

mini.6018

Problem solved.

At 3/4 or 4/5 into the dodge roll a warrior will use skullcrack, assuming a dodge lasts for 1 seconds.

Now they use it earlier.

In what way is this a difficult concept? This is why random dodging is bad and people who do it are bad. You are at your most vulnerable at the end of a dodge roll, and good players exploit this.

I was talking about thief sword 3 and lacernous strikes.You clearly have no clue about what you are talking about do you ?

in Warrior

mini.6018

Problem solved.

In what works does larcenous strike hit 7k? When a zerk S/D thief hits my zerk thief with scholar runes, it hits for 4.5k max. Skull crack has a small cast time, that will now make it a pretty balanced skill. It’s gonna be harder to land now, but with a 3 second stun it has a great pay off. I think the balance changes are going I’m a pretty good direction this next patch

What good payoff ?Where does it say i need to use it only at full andrenaline for a full stun ? i just want to interrupt his big damage so i can prepare my counter..Did you even notice even autoattack barely hits?Just stick to hambow pls and stop talking nonsense.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Larynx.2453

Problem solved.

Now they use it earlier.

I was talking about thief sword 3 and lacernous strikes.You clearly have no clue about what you are talking about do you ?

The exact same concept applies for thief sword. I can go back and replace every instance of “dodge” with “evade” and the meaning will not change at all.

in Warrior

mini.6018

Problem solved.

Now they use it earlier.

The exact same concept applies for thief sword. I can go back and replace every instance of “dodge” with “evade” and the meaning will not change at all.

There is no concept.Different things different animations and different casting times.One goes away from you the other is coming into you with damage followed briefly by another big hit.Just stop i already realized you have no clue so no point in going further.Yo don’t know mace period.

Look at the counter from mace nr2 skill as a perfect example.You will die stabbed in the face before your damage reaches the target because the cast time is too long,or my personal favourite the target walks out of range.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Problem solved.

What good payoff ?Where does it say i need to use it only at full andrenaline for a full stun ? i just want to interrupt his big damage so i can prepare my counter..Did you even notice even autoattack barely hits?Just stick to hambow pls and stop talking nonsense.

How can you not understand how huge a 3 second stun is in a pvp setting? You can get off most of a hundred blades and then whirlwind through and kill almost any thief in that 3 seconds. A 3 second stun on a 8 second cooldown should have a very obvious animation and a small cast time. Even if you miss you can swap to your other weapon set and use your F1 with no penalty. If you can’t see how the changes to skullcrack are a good thing, then you’re the one who’s talking nonsense.

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in Warrior

redslion.9675

Problem solved.

How can you not understand how huge a 3 second stun is in a pvp setting? You can get off most of a hundred blades and then whirlwind through and kill almost any thief in that 3 seconds. A 3 second stun on a 8 second cooldown should have a very obvious animation and a small cast time. Even if you miss you can swap to your other weapon set and use your F1 with no penalty. If you can’t see how the changes to skullcrack are a good thing, then you’re the one who’s talking nonsense.

3.45. By using sigil of paralyzation you should be able to land a full hundred blades.

Actually, I feel like the biggest counter to my combo is Shadow Return, which can be used to avoid hundred blades entirely.

If they remove it, they should increase Skull Crack’s cast time.

IMHO I will not be able to count half a second, just because when fighting in tourney most of the time the fight is a mess: or you can barely see where you are, or you are always keeping an eye on points and teammates’ healthbars. That means timing will be barely possible. But at the same time a 0.5 seconds cast skill will be less dodgeable.

However, even before patch I used to miss with Skull Crack. But I still managed to fight decently with that.

Here’s the trick: if you suck like me, build your character in order to make up for it. It’s possible. And most of the time, even if people can see your build, won’t copy it because they can’t see how good it is (or they just don’t like it).

in Warrior

mini.6018

They already don’t copy it .it’s berserke mace/x usually sword or shield and longbow with no endure pain at all,1 stability and berserker stance plus 1 physical skill at choice.This nerf will seriously affect my build or any zerker builds since it’s based on fast reactions and fast counters not facetanking and spamming 123 f1 123 mindlesly.Devs can’t see that and that’s why they always reward more low skill players.My build relies on that 0.25 second to kill or get killed since i can get stabbed by 8k in pvp easily with my armor unlike the fotm facerollers.Why they always try their best to punish skill will always amaze me * scratches head*

PS also bow power build gest a nerf and considering the data it might be really powerfull as far as 33% damage nerf no longbow f1 power since no increase in damage and that’s just wrong imo .A base 250 hit every 2 seconds wasnt a real issue and ppl were actually crying a lot about burnin wich now get’s an increase in duration making the 1st hit hurt a lot more coing exactly contrary to the requests.

(edited by mini.6018)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gods Knight.4936

Gods Knight.4936

Another great balance decision haha! I laugh at “stun” or “hammer” or “healing signet” warriors (or whatever people are calling OP at the moment) on my mesmer, engie, necro, and thief. Why continue this cycle in which the worst players advice is being used to “balance” the game? Hammer/longbow in the spvp/tpvp setting only is the only possibly “OP” warrior build, if other builds get messed up because of the changes I hope the warrior community raises hell otherwise this crazy cycle will never end. If you want to try an actually OP build try the healway engie or a prismatic understanding condition mesmer build; those are far worse in terms of balance.

Couldn’t have said it better. I have to feel for these guys as in my overplaying of s/tpvp I was smoked 1 time by the stun warrior and it was my own fault for not using my stability cd’s at the right time.

Every MMO makes this same mistake, using the whiny crybabies to set policy instead of looking at the big picture. Engineers for example are much more OP than any warrior combo as is Mesmer.

in Warrior

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

engineers? your kidding right… its basicaly the hardest class in the game to play right now just beside of the elementalist. It takes treasure of imagination and a solid rotation ability to even run that build correctly (most player wont even use a rotation or simply put cannot do so!) I run Static discharge in spvp and its nothing short of a pain in the BLEEP. Enginer isnt op. Actualy Anet should reward skilled player who know how to chain their weapon right rather then constantly break the game gimmick by nerfing builds. The issue here is warrior can deal twice the effectiveness for half the effort and that shouldnt be. I respect the enginer who actualy does his kill using a grenade kit (hell of a pain to aim the while moving in pvp! not to mention they sure wont always stand in the explosion you need to guess where theil be when the grenade will land because of the flight delay and its nothing short of the hardest type of range battle) but i cant actualy award a WOW to the guy running a greatsword spam just because he managed to stun chain me into a HB combo. Now now i do however respect a full speced hammer warrior who runs physical with buff removal and know how to chain stun a non stabilised player into oblivion but since close to NO ONE run physical and always actualy try to ham/bow it can we actualy realy call this a stun build nah i dont think so, Ham/bow is more of a combo zone spec then an actual knockdown chain build the same style we had in GW 1.

Note: Most player never run physical utility, but the actual glass cannon physical Hammer warrior is quite strong, If you ever happen to see a guy who run 30 0 20 0 20 in a zerker armor with constant fury and keeps chain stunning while stacking actual heavy hits between the blows you know youve been destroyed by a glass hammer build. Yea the build has its problem however like any actual build who rely entirely on a very dodgeable weapon, but go ahead an run away from me once ive crippled you… my bull rush will always land right in your face.

Point is warrior rewards to much for its easy playstyle and as such other class wich have to work their head like crazy (enginer,ranger) have exelent reason to be kitten ed off warrior pulling it out.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Why couldn’t they split this between PvP/PvE?

With so many damage nerfs, hammer is now kinda useless in dungeons, especially since this is a game where developers make bosses immune to its mechanics (Defiant).

Not to mention, that nerf to burst mastery REALLY hurt Warrior as a whole.