Nerf the GS more (in PvE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ackos.7942

Ackos.7942

With the upcoming balance changes the GS gets slightly nerfed and also buffed with it’s new burst ability. I don’t think that this is enough for at least PvE wise. The GS has a good place in pvp with risk vs reward with HB and even Forceful Greatsword is in a good place, because you can crit less, so it is not too strong. But this trait makes the GS too strong. You can easily maintain at least 20 stacks of might, this is around 30-40% damage increase. (can be wrong, it’s some time ago I checked this). This huge dmg increase isn’t available to any other weapon. Because of this it isn’t viable to use anything outside of the GS in PvE. Main-hand axe gets close with it’s AA, but the difference is still large.

I want other weapons outside the GS to be able to be on par with it in PvE. The GS has currently 2 position: King of mobility in wvw and king of dmg in pve. I want to change atleast it’s position in pve, but if the GS is nerfed then it’s position in wvw will also decline. There are too ways to change it’s place in pve:
1. Buff the other weapons.
2. Nerf the GS.

1. This is the first possibility, but if the damage of the weapons gets buffed from the warrior it will cause that bunker warriors gets more dmg. This is one problem that already occurs in PvP. So I don’t think that anet will use this way.

2. The second option is to nerf the GS. This can go 2 ways. The first one is to decrease the dmg of the high damage attacks, like HB and whirlwind attack. (this will already happen in next patch, but doubt it will change much). The second option is too change 1 of the 2 import GS traits. The current trait Forceful Greatsword gives 5 seconds of might for every critical hit with the greatsword and spear and 20% cooldown decrease of the weapon skills.
There are 2 ways i can imagine to change this trait. The first option is the easiest change. The trait will get an internal cooldown of around 1 second. This is in line with other option to gain might on critical hit like guardian trait Empowering Might or the sigil of strength. This option will only hit the GS and no other weapon. Phalanx warrior get a huge nerf, but the dmg in wvw and pvp will be minimal.
The second option is to split this trait in 2. The forceful greatsword with the 20% cooldown reduction + something and the second trait to gain might on critical hit. If we split the trait the original trait can use a buff to close the gap the change left. I don’t know what the additional effect of the trait could be.
The new trait is something I think is worth to be a grandmaster trait. Even as grandmaster trait i think it’s very, maybe even too strong.

I don’t really know what this possible change will do to wvw and pvp, the warrior (GS) gets at least a small hit there, but in PvE the greatsword will get a huge hit dmg wise.

What do you guys think? The GS can take a nerf in pve. And please be civil.

Ackos

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

-.-

HELL no.

Warriors have been getting nerfed with just about every patch. There’s absolutely no reason for it to be nerfed even more. Warriors aren’t even capable of dealing the highest DPS than all other classes in optimal conditions. For soloing, they are top notch. Why is that a problem?

All classes should be capable of doing better than others in certain areas, so why is it so much of a problem for a warrior to be one of the best classes to solo with?

If you’re complaining about a warrior generating too much might with forceful greatsword, then I’m surprised why you aren’t complaining about an ele. Warrior doesn’t even come close to touching an ele’s might generating capacity. In optimal conditions in a solo setting, a warrior will not be able to sustain 25 might for longer than a second or two even if they use strength sigils, which is wasteful to say the least. It’s in fact better to not use strength sigils on warrior, resulting in their might averaging slightly lower than 20 stacks when dodging/blocks aren’t involved.

In a vacuum setting, a warrior in strength runes and no strength sigils will average roughly 16-18 stacks of might over time camping GS. Camping GS is almost always a mistake anyways, so in a practical setting where you have to take into consideration the fact that a person will realistically have to evade/block a boss’s attacks and will periodically swap to their second weapon set, their might actually drops unless they’re using sigils of battle.

An ele can PRESTACK higher than a warrior is able to sustain while in combat! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aTckoIrxI

I don’t know why it is that there are people who are so hell bent on making warrior weak as a feather. GS is capable of dealing better damage than other weapons. So what? Why is that a problem? Hammer deals less damage but it offers weakness, cripple, a knockback, a stun. Axe deals similar damage and allows you to move while doing it. Longbow has a fire field, a blast finisher, a blind, and an immobilize. Sword has a leap, a very high damage coefficient thrust attack, a projectile that has high torment uptime and a block.

All of the weapons that a warrior has can and are used in certain situations. Just because the weapon that specializes in damage deals more damage than weapons that specialize in different things doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed into oblivion.

-breathes-

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

-.-

HELL no.

‘Well-spoken rant’

-breathes-

Miku, just wanted to let you know it might be fairly pointless to try. The Warrior stigma is so strong, there are likely going to be continued complaints about Warriors regardless of their real place for a long time.

People will be people.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Miku’s post is beautiful tears up. There was no reason to nerf greatsword at all

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

cant hope to say it any better than Miku

in Warrior

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

How about we nerf everything into the ground until everything does 1 damage per hit under whatever circumstances?

in Warrior

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

-.-

HELL no.

Warriors have been getting nerfed with just about every patch. There’s absolutely no reason for it to be nerfed even more. Warriors aren’t even capable of dealing the highest DPS than all other classes in optimal conditions. For soloing, they are top notch. Why is that a problem?

All classes should be capable of doing better than others in certain areas, so why is it so much of a problem for a warrior to be one of the best classes to solo with?

If you’re complaining about a warrior generating too much might with forceful greatsword, then I’m surprised why you aren’t complaining about an ele. Warrior doesn’t even come close to touching an ele’s might generating capacity. In optimal conditions in a solo setting, a warrior will not be able to sustain 25 might for longer than a second or two even if they use strength sigils, which is wasteful to say the least. It’s in fact better to not use strength sigils on warrior, resulting in their might averaging slightly lower than 20 stacks when dodging/blocks aren’t involved.

In a vacuum setting, a warrior in strength runes and no strength sigils will average roughly 16-18 stacks of might over time camping GS. Camping GS is almost always a mistake anyways, so in a practical setting where you have to take into consideration the fact that a person will realistically have to evade/block a boss’s attacks and will periodically swap to their second weapon set, their might actually drops unless they’re using sigils of battle.

An ele can PRESTACK higher than a warrior is able to sustain while in combat! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8aTckoIrxI

I don’t know why it is that there are people who are so hell bent on making warrior weak as a feather. GS is capable of dealing better damage than other weapons. So what? Why is that a problem? Hammer deals less damage but it offers weakness, cripple, a knockback, a stun. Axe deals similar damage and allows you to move while doing it. Longbow has a fire field, a blast finisher, a blind, and an immobilize. Sword has a leap, a very high damage coefficient thrust attack, a projectile that has high torment uptime and a block.

All of the weapons that a warrior has can and are used in certain situations. Just because the weapon that specializes in damage deals more damage than weapons that specialize in different things doesn’t mean it needs to be nerfed into oblivion.

-breathes-

/slow clap

in Warrior

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

Guardian deals more damage, Elementalist deals more damage, Thief deals more damge and at least the first two have comparable or superior party support: nerf warrior because?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

loooooooooool

at least wait for the patch before you QQ about GS.

and BTW, this was gold xD

The GS has a good place in pvp

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

No no not because you are not right is because you will remove the only fun thing and great about the warrior and it was probably made less fun if whirlwing attack is not in a dash.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

ANet should get their game straight.

Warrior is the most balanced class overall… They should revamp every other class to be as fun as the warrior instead.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

I don’t want to nerf warrior but I’d love being able to pick more weapons without constantly having the “But GS” thought in the back of my head. (mainly pve )

in Warrior

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

IF they ever nerfed gs to the point it’s useless, you’d just have the “but ax” thought in the back of your head. And if they nerf axe, it’ll be the next damage dealing weapon.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Warrior

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

People forget that the Warrior got buffed all the time in the 1st year.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

-snip

You seem to forget that while GS offers mobility and incredible damage in PVE/WVW, it is incredibly cumbersome for combat situations compared to every other weapon in the Warrior’s kitten nal.

Nerfing the Greatsword -again- would render it an inefficient weapon for anything other than running away. After all, why use a slow, high recoil attack that deals mediocre damage when I can deal the same damage faster with anything that isn’t a mace AND get control/conditions on top of it?

GS is the king of raw damage. Why take its crown because other weapons aren’t the king of raw damage?

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

A total NO to the OP’s suggestion.

Miku has done a great job of explaining why.

The suggestion is simply terrible.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

After the feature patch the only professions with lower DPS than the warrior will be Necro and Mesmer. No one acquainted with that fact is interested in nerfing warrior DPS further.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

People forget that the Warrior got buffed all the time in the 1st year.

Hardly. It wasn’t until winter of 2013 where warrior started to be a “strong class” in any area other than pve.

For the first year and a half of this games life warrior was considered bottom tier in pvp or wvw.

And then ever since winter 2013 Anet has been consistently nerfing warriors burst skills giving them long telegraphs that are easy to avoid. Which is FUNNY because now they’re giving warriors a huge punishing mechanic attached to missing a burst skill…which they made easy to avoid or otherwise inhibit.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Warrior

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Hardly. It wasn’t until winter of 2013 where warrior started to be a “strong class” in any area other than pve.

For the first year and a half of this games life warrior was considered bottom tier in pvp or wvw.

And then ever since winter 2013 Anet has been consistently nerfing warriors burst skills giving them long telegraphs that are easy to avoid. Which is FUNNY because now they’re giving warriors a huge punishing mechanic attached to missing a burst skill…which they made easy to avoid or otherwise inhibit.

Agree, I play almost exclusively PvE, so I related my statement to PvE only. Don’t know much about PvP, since it doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong