New Arcing Slice buff?

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Streamline.4085

Streamline.4085

Instead of just Fury, it says it adds Power and Condition damage based on your adrenaline level. 15 stacks of might for 11 secs at lvl 3. Thats really nice! But wtf, it doesnt work? I just tested it a few times and I’m still only getting fury buff. Can others confirm and if it is broken can Anet fix this pronto!

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

15 stacks of might lolol. I believe you just got trolled by ANet.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Streamline.4085

Streamline.4085

Lol its there, go look in game on your warrior. Be pretty sick, cuz its a worthless move right now. Especially since its single target, so you can’t even just throw it out just for fun. But with this buff…!

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

no it didnt get added, just the tooltip that got changed…

pitty too, itd make it actually worth using

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Needs to go back to like it was in beta, giving might. Extra Fury is pretty useless considering how easy it is for a warrior to get.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Clyne.9038

Clyne.9038

The current arc slice is really crappy.

The new one is pretty strong. I like it

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

The current arc slice is really crappy.

The new one is pretty strong. I like it

There is no new one lol, the tooltip got changed, but nothing else, it still only works like the current one.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Karl McLain

Karl McLain

Game Designer

We were exploring at making Arcing Slice more interesting to use before the recent patch was released. At one point we added Might to the ability, but it didn’t feel good trading adrenaline (and potentially damage from traits like Berserker’s Power) for just increased damage. It looks like the skill facts were left in when we changed it back to the original state.
In the future, we’re looking at changing Arcing Slice to apply more utility and be less of a damage oriented burst ability, as the weapon has plenty of damage already and not much reason to use the burst.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

Ty for your response, but could we get some insight on what might happen to Warriors?
A majority feel that we are in need of fixing (not the same as buffing) and that many of our other weapon skills and utilities are subpar to greatsword for melee. I would prefer to see more work done on other weapons than on greatsword (like you said – most people never using arcingslice aren’t complaining since berserkers power is better than the adrelanine waste) Thank you for any more responses in the warrior’s forum.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Yeah, if you could give us any hint on the direction you guys are taking the warrior that’d be great.

Jonny’s “need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions” line from the patch notes left a sour taste in a many a mouth.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I agree with Coaxial. GS is just so good as being both mobile and very high damage that it’s been hard to convince myself to use other options. Axe/Axe is nice, but besides the burst skill feels subpar (lack of mobility for instance).

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

If you want Greatsword to have a utility Adrenaline skill, ArenaNet, HERE IT IS…

It fits the theme of Warriors being “masters of weaponry.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/New-Greatsword-adrenaline-skill-in-game/first#post1029574

How about: SWORD TECH.

Greatsword’s new adrenaline skill has been replaced with [Sword Tech].

Upon use, the cooldowns on all greatsword abilities are refreshed. The Warrior temporarily shifts sword stances and gains the ability to use Hundred Blades while moving, at the expense of lowered damage during the channel.

(Inspired by Cyan’s “Bushido/Swordtech” special skill from Final Fantasy VI)

Soo bullrush/frenzy/hb/swordtech/hb (while being able to move)…. uhm no ty that would be overpowered as hell.

You could do that… but you don’t need another 100B to kill your target after you’ve frenzied. If you do, you’re not doing it right.

Rather, when Swordtech refreshes the greatsword’s cooldowns, it allows the Warrior a bit of flexibility for maneuvering through a team fight and re-position. It slightly helps their survivability in team fights, basically, at the cost of doing low damage (but being mobile). There are so many situations where many Warrior players would gladly make that trade-off.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Raidium.3916

Raidium.3916

I agree with Coaxial. GS is just so good as being both mobile and very high damage that it’s been hard to convince myself to use other options. Axe/Axe is nice, but besides the burst skill feels subpar (lack of mobility for instance).

I love Greatsword but after switching to Axes, I realize it may not be good at closing in on targets but with building momentum and discipline traits, you can upkeep endurance giving you the ability to dodge, burst to get endurance back while Greatsword gets whirlwind attack. Rifle also complements Axes really well since they both rely on Burst to recover endurance back.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Oh boy, if Arcing Slice roots the target or disables in terms of “utility” then its going to be funny.

If anything, don’t prioritize making Arcing Slice better. You guys need to buff Eviscerate or better yet fix the misleading/bad traits such as Discipline.

Because face it ANET, no one wants to play GS all the time. Everyone wants to make other builds viable too.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

We were exploring at making Arcing Slice more interesting to use before the recent patch was released. At one point we added Might to the ability, but it didn’t feel good trading adrenaline (and potentially damage from traits like Berserker’s Power) for just increased damage. It looks like the skill facts were left in when we changed it back to the original state.
In the future, we’re looking at changing Arcing Slice to apply more utility and be less of a damage oriented burst ability, as the weapon has plenty of damage already and not much reason to use the burst.

Does that mean you’ll be looking for community feedback on Arcing Slice for a possible decision in the near future?

Personally, I think that AS should just be reverted back to a movement skill as it was pre-BWE1. Remove the Fury, leave the damage where it is, and have it leap to a target at 600, 900, and 1200 range based on adrenaline levels. This would give the Greatsword another movement skill for which to keep the warrior on-target when building a damage-oriented melee class.

And then, for the love of all that is holy, fix Rush.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

^
WOW, that is crazy. Arcing Slice was a movement skill?

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

You guys need to buff Eviscerate or better yet fix the misleading/bad traits such as Discipline.

Buff Eviscerate? … geez man. Are you sure you’re playing the right class if you can’t make a massive damage burst attack work?

Discipline is an entire line and it is not bad or misleading. Although, if I assume you mean the actual warrior-specific trait buff from the Discipline line known as Brawn, then we might be getting somewhere.

Spending 30 points in Discipline gives an extra 3% damage on burst attacks. That was nerfed because of Eviscerate. What they need to do is change it to 1% per point and make it a burst skill cooldown reduction and not a damage increase; or they could make it a .1% per point damage increase across the board.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Redscope.6215

^
WOW, that is crazy. Arcing Slice was a movement skill?

Yeah and before I got a chance to play the game I thought it was pretty lame. Now that I’ve played, it would have been paramount to the success of many fights.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

You guys need to buff Eviscerate or better yet fix the misleading/bad traits such as Discipline.

Buff Eviscerate? … geez man. Are you sure you’re playing the right class if you can’t make a massive damage burst attack work?

Discipline is an entire line and it is not bad or misleading. Although, if I assume you mean the actual warrior-specific trait buff from the Discipline line known as Brawn, then we might be getting somewhere.

Spending 30 points in Discipline gives an extra 3% damage on burst attacks. That was nerfed because of Eviscerate. What they need to do is change it to 1% per point and make it a burst skill cooldown reduction and not a damage increase; or they could make it a .1% per point damage increase across the board.

The point is you don’t get rewarded enough for being good with Axe. And when I mean buff eviscerate, IT DOESN’T have to be damage. It could be range or how smooth the leap goes like Savage Leap.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Ty for your response, but could we get some insight on what might happen to Warriors?
A majority feel that we are in need of fixing (not the same as buffing) and that many of our other weapon skills and utilities are subpar to greatsword for melee. I would prefer to see more work done on other weapons than on greatsword (like you said – most people never using arcingslice aren’t complaining since berserkers power is better than the adrelanine waste) Thank you for any more responses in the warrior’s forum.

Lies. I haven’t used a greatsword since lvl 60, with the exception of my stun build for sPVP.

I’ve used both Dual Axes and Dual Swords to great effect. Dual Axes’ burst DPS and the Burst ability itself are great. Swords get mad bleeding on the target, plus has a nice burst ability that roots AND bleeds the target.

If you’re only using Greatsword for melee as a Warrior, you are seriously missing out.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

CoaxialMazer.9140

Lies. I haven’t used a greatsword since lvl 60, with the exception of my stun build for sPVP.

I’ve used both Dual Axes and Dual Swords to great effect. Dual Axes’ burst DPS and the Burst ability itself are great. Swords get mad bleeding on the target, plus has a nice burst ability that roots AND bleeds the target.

If you’re only using Greatsword for melee as a Warrior, you are seriously missing out.

I main Sword/Sword with longbow (condition/power/toughness/vit build) Its an all around build. It works in all scenarios decently…… but GS is better in pvp (period). GS is faster, more aoe dmg, not easy to stop its whirlwind damage, has a burst, and cant get removed (condition dmg can be). It even has a long range cripple. If you check the skills for GS, and compare what you get with Sword/Sword or Axe/Axe or any other x/x combo you will notice a dramatic decrease in movement (second best is sword/warhorn). GS actually never needs to lose dps from berserkers power (12% of constant extra damage) while sword or axe need to use it for their burst attacks.

Im not a liar, and i have been playing warrior long enough to say that in pve (its a joke regardless what weapon you use) but in PvP/WvW, we don’t have many weapon options that really make themselves look better than GS for what it does (damage/mobility/long range cripple/burst/low cooldown/traits that help it stack might). If you find a warrior rocking sword/sword or axe/axe in tournaments, then hats off to you, and if you don’t, Don’t be surprised.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I would love to see Arcing Slice give a 2 sec quickness boon added to the existing arcing slice version only at full adrenaline. The 2 sec quickness make a good start of skill chain along with the fury buff. While it is not op as you can’t get the boon without a full adrenaline bar and if you chained with 100B, you lost the 12% power buff from berserker power, so doing less damage with faster channel, i can see it is a trade.

This added some depth into a GS warrior. If the situation is changing, he could pop a F1 and a fast 100B to make fast burst and flee while no need to risk taking 50% more damage with frenzy.

(edited by Crossaber.8934)

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

The loss of 12% from Berserkers power would not outweigh the 2seconds of quickness gained at all, considering 2seconds of quickness basically means for 2seconds do double damage. It would be insanely overpowered to have 2seconds of quickness every 10seconds…

It would also pretty much just give a great big pointer of “use arcing slice then 100b” and make frenzy redundant. No 50% incoming damage (although that’s a joke imho too :P and if it wasn’t for the 100b combo I think it wouldn’t be needed) and 20% uptime instead of frenzies 6% uptime.

Personally, even if arcing slice is currently weak I think the greatsword on the whole is just TOO good in comparison to the other weapons. I hate using it, and so most the time don’t, but feel like I’m crippling myself by not doing so. It’s one of our highest DPS weapons, with the best mobility (arcing slice to movement skill… just no, no) and an evade >.> Then it’s trait adds might for every crit to boost its damage further!? (as well as having a 2nd trait for +10% damage) essentially turning into THE BEST DPS we have.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

CoaxialMazer.9140

^ thats my point, which is why i wish dev would work on other weapons.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Are you sure you play the right class? The weakness of eviscerate is that it’s pretty much telegraphed – a semi-skilled player can easily dodge it, let alone a highly skilled one.
If you don’t know the history of axe burst skill, and why it was nerfed, then please refrain of commenting like you’re all understanding of the issue.I’ll say a few things in case you don’t know/forgot.

There was a sigil that increased your damage after weapon swap.Also (that was during the betas mind you) the discipline tree gave 30% instead of the current 3% increased burst damage.Those things coupled with an all-damage glass cannon allowed warriors to pretty much 1-shot people with axe burst.There were many videos of other classes dueling warriors with such build, and guess what?When they discovered the magical button that allowed them to dodge, the warriors became so squishy and easy to read, it wasn’t even funny.The situation highly resembled the early release of the game, with every class and their pet cat moaning about 100b -> dead.

And now?The sigil that gave the insane boost was nerfed and gives totally different things, the discipline tree gives only a fraction of what it did and is a joke, and (I believe) they also lowered the burst skill’s damage to boot.

The things that made axe burst really strong have long since come and gone.Yet the skill is still lacking.It’s simple as that.If you cry that a warrior can give you 6-7k hits on demand, then either learn to play(to dodge) or just practice in killing glass cannons(also learn to play thing).My 2 cents.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Eviscerate does not really need a damage buff. It could use a slight range buff though. Make it have a 500 distance leap and/or smooth out the animation so it comes out faster and doesn’t have the exaggerated spin/leap animation.

Here’s my buff to arcing slice: Does its fury thing now, but also removes 1 condition on use. There, now it has a useful, and unique utility effect. Or make this a grand master trait that triggers on the use of any burst skill. (and change burst damage +1-3 percent to burst skill cd reduction 10-30% in the disc tree)

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Schwahrheit.4203

“Eviscerate does not really need a damage buff. It could use a slight range buff though. Make it have a 500 distance leap and/or smooth out the animation so it comes out faster and doesn’t have the exaggerated spin/leap animation.”

Well yeah that’s what I just said..

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Teabaker.9524

Teabaker.9524

Arcing Slice should give a short CC on the target. A daze would be great!

Together with a reworked rampage (swiftness, heal, hp increase and condition immunity) and warrior could be very fine.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

I would like if they work on something other than Greatsword. I want the Sword to be better for condition bursting, but Axe would be ok too.

We have a lot of options that should be prioritized over Greatsword.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

Arcing Slice should give a short CC on the target. A daze would be great!

Together with a reworked rampage (swiftness, heal, hp increase and condition immunity) and warrior could be very fine.

I was about to say this. Logically, if you think about it, getting hit on the head or a shoulder by a 100+ pound sword with added force behind it you would be knocked down or render incapacitated for a little while.

A Short Stun and the 20% crit to make the GS more self sufficient would be a very good idea and might allow Warriors to stay in melee or be more useful beyond being a truck that never gets close to someone.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

Hey, practically the last ability that needs to be addressed is getting addressed ahead of anything else.

Modern day MMO development at its finest. Keep up the good work. One day you’ll get there, champ.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

But why should the GS be self sufficient when the other weapons are not? It’s already the strongest weapon we have because it is more self sufficient than the others. Literally all its lacking is CC so give it that and theres no reason to change to your other set.

The only reason tbh that Arcing Slice isn’t used is because we have high Fury uptime already, it’s not because it’s a bad ability itself.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Changing the animation to be an actual uppercut and adding a blowout function to it would be kinda neat.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: DuhGeneral.8940

DuhGeneral.8940

Changing the animation to be an actual uppercut and adding a blowout function to it would be kinda neat.

This would be amazing right here i never undetstood why it did the wrong animation and scale the blowout with adren level plus after knocking them back you can rush into them 100b spin out and what ever else you feel like doing

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

I’d like to see Arcing Slice actually do relevant damage, the other effects are secondary (Weakness + Vuln would be cool though)

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Trump.9803

Trump.9803

This would be amazing right here i never undetstood why it did the wrong animation…

Just fix the tooltip instead, problem solved.

New Arcing Slice buff?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

This would be amazing right here i never undetstood why it did the wrong animation…

Just fix the tooltip instead, problem solved.

The current animation is lame anyway…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?