New Rawrior

New Rawrior

in Warrior

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

XD I just started a warrior recently and decked him out all fancy and stuff with extra dungeon tokens for armor and gear skins. After making it look so good for fun, despite my reservations and reluctancy to play the warrior class, i may give in and give it a go and bring him to level 80 quick.

I know I can research builds, watch youtube videos and read through the forum, so i’m just being ignorant and annoying here and hoping for first hand personal opinions…. What build, strategies would you recommend or would you do in detail, if my play style has always been mesmer and ranger etc. Somehow what i enjoy is strategy, mobility, evasion, block, jumping in and out of melee/ranged.

Definitely not going for a solid stand in one place bunker tank spec or something that is too utility or condition/buff focused. I also don’t completely go glass cannon and burst, i tend to want to deal substantial damage over time while taking as little damage as possible by being mobile and playful. Does the warrior class have things that will work like that? Or you can tell me to forget about that and adapt to the class lol

New Rawrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Nothing comparable to ranger mobility. Sword has a leap and bull’s rush is a utility slot leap/knockdown. No evasion but endure pain negates all damage so it’s pretty much the same thing. With signet changes, we aren’t as fast as we used to be relative to other classes. We are a good cc class that has high passive defense. If you want a fast moving evasive melee class, try an acrobatics thief.

If you decide to stick with warr, I suggest sword/shield based off what you said.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

New Rawrior

in Warrior

Posted by: AlfredKlios.9657

AlfredKlios.9657

XD I just started a warrior recently and decked him out all fancy and stuff with extra dungeon tokens for armor and gear skins. After making it look so good for fun, despite my reservations and reluctancy to play the warrior class, i may give in and give it a go and bring him to level 80 quick.

I know I can research builds, watch youtube videos and read through the forum, so i’m just being ignorant and annoying here and hoping for first hand personal opinions…. What build, strategies would you recommend or would you do in detail, if my play style has always been mesmer and ranger etc. Somehow what i enjoy is strategy, mobility, evasion, block, jumping in and out of melee/ranged.

Definitely not going for a solid stand in one place bunker tank spec or something that is too utility or condition/buff focused. I also don’t completely go glass cannon and burst, i tend to want to deal substantial damage over time while taking as little damage as possible by being mobile and playful. Does the warrior class have things that will work like that? Or you can tell me to forget about that and adapt to the class lol

You my friend have described the Tactics Vanguard from SWTOR, and Such a spec that i have loved so much from the game i have designed my warrior to be as such, good consistent pressure damage but with very special perks.

The longbow is your perfect weapon for tricking your enemy with distance: it is strongest in melee range with its 6 sec Cd Fan of Fire that does tremendous melee damage as well as burning. Arcing arrow can be fired behind you even while running opposite to your firing direction. It also has several low CD’s to avoid damage, 15 sec Cd blind (similar to mace’s 15 sec Cd daze but far mroe effective) and the immobilize that can be used defensively/offensively.

Now with the bow you do almost certaintly want to prefer shouts as it works well with the tactics tree. My build specific to longbow is one that stacks ludicrous amounts of passive defense, healing, hp, and condition removal, some say might be too much.

With soldier gear. Runes of Soldier, and full Tactics tree, you shall have 30k hp, and my build is meant to keep at maximum adrenaline, taking advantage of adrenal health healing 120 hp a second, and Healing Surge to heal at 9k heal on a 30 second CD since i maintain my adrenaline. naturally my condition removal is A+ from using the 3 low CD Shouts of For Great Justice, Shake it Off, and On my Mark.

Trait set up is

10 Strength (increased damage based on adrenaline)
0 Arms
30 Defense (adrenaline gain on hit/tough on crip/immob/chill) (auto balance stance) (retaliation)
30Tactics (immoblize on cripple, damage from boons, stronger bowstrings, all are equally situationally beneficial) (Warhorn Condition purging) (shout heals)
0 Discipline

New Rawrior

in Warrior

AlfredKlios.9657

Now the reason to using soldier gear is that the majority of self healing of a warrior cannot be increased with healing power or not significantly: Adrenal health and healing surge.

with shouts mypower is commonly 2300-2400, which greatly improves the damage of my retaliation which is close to 50% uptime thanks to boon duration, and i am seldom CC-able due to shake it off and 10 1/2 sec of stability from last Stand. So I become a very durable build that can dish out some major pressure and resist burst with get-away skills from longbow and shake it off. Even retaliation can be brutal with such a high defense, hurting 350 on each hit, including thief’s unload hurting a thief 3500, sometimes more than the damage i receive.

Now your backup is axe/warhorn, a beautiful combination for dodge rolling with the nearly 100% uptime vigor (and traited endurance regen on using a burst move, which one would need Arenaline Shouts in discipline to be effective). The axe dps is not hindered at all by dodge rolling through the chain hits because of its nearly linear chain comboing. Its throw axe combined with 1 sec immobolize on cripple can allow you to chase down virtually any foe.

The dodge rolls punch medium dummies for about 800, 1200 crits, and you will dodge roll alot with all the vigor, andmore so with shout adrenaline if you prefer to use burst skills, and you add stronger condition removal (and boon addition) with the warhorn trait in master tier Tactics tree.

This build has proven to have consistent wins 1 on1 vs any class, and very good mobility to get across the battlefield. It can hold its own against any type of build via direct damage but obliterates condition builds. Its only weakness was knockdown burst (basilisk venom steal+backstab+ heartseeker, bulls+ frenzy HB), but is long gone with the recent buff to last stand.

You come fully equiped for any dangerous situation with decent escape tools, and your axe/warhorn can chase down even the most tricky mesmers and thieves to the ends of the earth if they attempt to flee.

Your weapon set allows a variety of trickey and mobility, running in and out of melee range with the bow and dodge rolling around your enemy making it even harder for you to be hit, with a fortress wall of passive defense and healing: recapping 2k toughness, 30k hp, adrenal health maxed, 9k heal on 30 sec Cd, and the 1.5k heals on your shouts.

You will become a variable soldier that can handle almost any situation and come out alive, either in victory or surviving, due to a fortress of passive defenses, condition removal and escape abilities and insane amounts of dodging, to moveon another area of the battlefield.

New Rawrior

in Warrior

AlfredKlios.9657

My role with such a build some have put as “mobile bunker” to move quickly, even through combat, between points and contest or outlast opponents through them. But such movement abilities allow for pursuit and I can also fulfill the role of “roamer”, but obviously with not as much burst, but with lower burst can fool glass cannons into turning to face me instead of fleeing.

The only role lacking from this is control, but can be made up with the support ability of 10% increased res speed, and gaining 400 toughness when ressing for a legendary 2500 toughness, 2700 if traited and crippled. My teammates love me for my ability to shrug off 3 people using hundred blades as i rez them up to parr, use warhorn 4 and we both gtfo, and shout heals will also make a teammate’s day better.

So all in all, after my rofl amount of text, this build and weapon set up lets you adequately cover bunker, heals, mobility, support, and heavy da,age all while retaining your ability to solo virtually any spec with the right combination of dodge rolls, evasion cooldowns and running in and out of melee and ranged to tease your opponent into mistakes.

(edited by AlfredKlios.9657)

New Rawrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

If you want mobility in melee weapons, its probably gonna be gs + sword/shield. That come has pretty good mobility, and has good defensive options (shield block and stun, and gs whirlwind is basically a 3rd dodge roll) and the mobility will let you pull in and out of fights much easier.

You could also go ranged too. Since you’re coming from 2 ranged classes, you might feel more comfortable using a rifle or lb.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

New Rawrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

There comes a time when you have too much health, mathematically, and you’d get more benefit from trading Pow/tough/vit for Tough/pow/prec. This is a benefit defensively and offensively.

30k health, plus an assumed 10k healing before dying, is way past that mark. I’d recommend trading Soldier jewelry for Knight jewelry (probably best with Ruby orbs to get back some of the lost power and to have harder hitting crits, if you’re using SoR). Knight weapons are also a possibility.