New Weapon Sets for Warriors: Discuss!

in Warrior

Posted by: Derren.8724

Derren.8724

So there are rumors that all classes will be gaining access to additional weapons in the not-‘too’-distant future. And while I know that our current utilities and weapons could still use some tweaks, I thought it would be fun to guess at what weapons we might be getting, and hopefully to encourage some discussion about what weapons people want/what niches still need to be filled.

So with that said, here are two possible weapon examples, courtesy of me.

Torch: (mainhand only)

Auto-attack:
-Swipe deals ~400 damage in front of you
-Swipe (3/4 sec) deals ~400 damage in front of you
-Thrust (1/2 sec) set fire to your opponent, dealing ~500 damage and applying burning (1 sec)

Torch #2:
-Aim to Maim (6 sec CD) lunge forwards at your opponents legs, crippling (4 sec) and applying burning (3 sec) ~300 damage ~240 range —leap finisher--

Torch #3:
-Scorched earth (15 second CD) Ignite the ground around you into an expanding wave of flame, dealing extra damage to burning opponents, leaves a ring of fire around the warrior, lasting 4 seconds. 480 range, ~600 damage (normal) ~900 damage (burning)

Burst: Phosphorus strike —blast finisher—
-Spark your torch in a blinding flare, blinding and revealing nearby opponents. (durations increased by adrenaline level)
-1 bar: 1sec blind, 2sec reveal, ~120 area
-2 bars: 2 sec blind, 3 sec reveal, ~240 area
-3 bars: 4 sec blind, 6 sec reveal, ~480 area

—The idea I had for the torch was to fit in with potential condition builds, possibly with a sword in the offhand. Burning is the natural way to go with torch attacks, but I wanted to avoid using moves that would generate combo fields for the most part. (had to have at least one though, so fire ring it was) Since this would effectively replace mainhand sword for a typical condi build, I decided to leave some short of dash move in.

Apparently, hunter pets are getting a way to reveal stealthed targets soon, which gave me the idea for the proposed burst move. No damage, just AoE blind+reveal… also making it a blast finisher seemed like a decent idea.

Staff:

Auto-attack:
-lunge (1/2 sec) small dash (~120) ~650 damage in front of you
-Flourish (1/2 sec) ~800 damage around you
-Bash (3/4 sec) ~900 damage in front of you, cripples

Staff #2:
-Double thrust (6 sec CD) thrust twice with your staff, dealing (x2) ~600 damage, gain might for 6 seconds if both strikes connect.

Staff #3:
-Vault (10-12 sec CD) anchor your staff into the ground and vault forwards, crippling (4 sec) and applying vulnerability (5 stacks, 6 sec) to opponents caught in the impact. (3/4 sec evade) ~750 damage —leap finisher--

Staff #4:
-Dust-up (15-18 sec CD) Drive your staff through the ground as you strike, kicking up dirt and dust to blind (2 sec) opponents around you. ~530 damage —blast finisher--

Staff #5:
-Flourishing strike (20-25 sec CD) flourish your staff, evading attacks briefly before delivering a heavy blow to your opponent, dealing ~1000 damage and applying vulnerability (5 stacks, 6 sec). Cooldown is reduced by 50% if the strike hits. (3/4 sec evade) —whirl finisher--

Burst: Lunging sweep —leap finisher--
-Dash forwards and sweep your staff out in front of you, dealing damage and knocking opponents back. (damage and dash distance increased with adrenaline)
-1 bar: ~700 damage, 240 range dash
-2 bar ~850 damage, 300 range dash
-3 bar ~1100 damage, 480 range dash

—The idea I had thinking up staff abilities was for sustained damage in combat. Two evades and a blind grant increased survivability, while vulnerability and might applications lend to solid sustained damage (in theory).

Essentially, a staff like this lacks the burst of a greatsword and the control of a hammer, but instead provides mobility, defense, and sustained damage, while vulnerability stacks lend some support to group play.

Aside from these two (which I admit, are probably NOT the most likely additions to our armories) Shortbow and pistol are two other weapons we’re likely to get in the future, as our ranged selection is not all that diverse… or useful (Poor Rifle, if only they’d stop dodging you).

The only options apart from those is scepter and dagger, and while a friend of mine did have a neat idea of offhanding throwing knives, I don’t really think warriors will be using either of these weapons anytime soon.

Anyways, that was my thought on the subject, anyone else have some input? Ideas? Feedback? Rage?

“The Court of Winter” [WIN] – Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Derren.8724)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I’d rather have Spear instead of staff.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: Derren.8724

Derren.8724

True, a spear would fit warriors much better, but I haven’t heard of them letting us use underwater weapons on land yet : (

If they decide to, then spear all the way (I’d think a similar setup to what I had for staff, but maybe some bleed application on one of the attacks). Staff is the closest we can get to that for now, though.

“The Court of Winter” [WIN] – Sea of Sorrows

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Warrior-Weapon-Ideas-Because-why-not
^^^^
Greataxe, Battle Gauntlets, Pistols. Awesome.
Go read!

in Warrior

Posted by: Weggie.3215

Weggie.3215

Spear or Polearms since spear is a Water Weap… Greataxe second. Norn Dual wielding Asura’s 3rd =)

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Greataxe and Battle Gauntlets sounded awesome.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

True, a spear would fit warriors much better, but I haven’t heard of them letting us use underwater weapons on land yet : (

If they decide to, then spear all the way (I’d think a similar setup to what I had for staff, but maybe some bleed application on one of the attacks). Staff is the closest we can get to that for now, though.

Spear is more of a land then underwater weapon.

in Warrior

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

I want a 2 handed axe ><

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Adrenaline Skill: Decapitate, does high damage, each bar makes the damage increase from Vulnerability for this skill 1.33>1.66>2X more effective (so if the target has 10 Vulnerability, when this skill hits it’s like having 13>16>20 Vulnerability)

Auto-attack chain Penetrating Chop: Does damage and causes 1 Vulnerability for 6 seconds. Penentrating Blow, same damage and causes another stack of Vulnerability for 6 seconds. Agonizing Chop: does more damage then the other 2 previous skills, and applies 2 vulnerability for 6 seconds

Skill 2, Executioner’s Strike: High burst damage skill, 10 second cool down

Skill 3, Charging Strike: Leap at your foes (600 range), with a powerful swing, gain 3 Might for 5 seconds if you hit, 12 second cool down.

Skill 4, Rending Sweep: Swing your Greataxe 360 degrees, causing 5 Vulnerability for 8 seconds, and doing high damage. 20 second cool down

Skill 5, Power Attack: Swing your Greataxe as hard as you can, doing damage and knocking foes down for 1 second. 30 second cool down

Executioner’s Strike could maybe apply 3 stacks of Vulnerability like Ranger’s Maul, and Rending Sweep could be the big Vulnerability applier and do 10 stacks for 8 seconds

Those are my ideas for Greataxe, I’ve posted them before. I think the third attack in the auto-attack chain could also be like Guardian’s Hammer, take a long time to swing but hit like a truck. Say as hard as Axe’s final auto-attack hit

I’d also like to see Warrior get Scythe’s and Lances. I can’t think of any skills for those right now

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

Ty Grok plz apply to arena net as a dev and get these things done

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Lance Skills. Lance would be 160-180 range, and have a smaller AoE cone on the auto-attack

Adrenaline: Run Through. Charge through your foes (600 range piercing rush skill). Cause 3 stacks on bleeding for 5 seconds on each foe hit (works like Whirlwind attack against a wall, not quite as powerful though)

Skill 1: Jab>Stab>Triple Strike. Jab at your foes piercing through them>Stab your foes piercing through them>Attack your foes 3 times, causes 2 seconds of cripple>weakness>2 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds (first hit>second hit>third hit)

Skill 2: Slayer’s Lance. Thrust your Lance downard at the targets face causing high damage. Does more damage the less health the foe has (10% <50, 25% <33, 50% <25). 10 second cool down

Skill 3: Mighty Throw. 1 second activation. Throw your Lance at your target, piercing any foe on the way. Gain 1 Might for each foe hit (4 seconds) and knockdown your target for 1 second. 15 second cool down (900 range)

Skill 4: Lance Defense: Block the next attack and retaliate with good damage and causes 3 stacks of Bleeding for 8 seconds. 18 second cool down

Skill 5: Merciless Lance: Stab your Lance into your foe and cause high damage over time. (say full zerker in PvE would get around 4K a second). For 5 seconds. 25 second cool down.

Traits: Obligatory cool down reduction and Lance attacks have longer range (say if the attacks were 160, they’d go up to 190. Mighty Throw goes up to 1K)

These ideas were made up on the spot for fun

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

I can understand where you’re coming from with staff (bo staff/combat staff and all that), but nearly all the staves in GW2 are notably casting weapons which would probably break if used to smack people around.
Just make spears into a land weapon.

Main hand torch would be kinda neat, I really do picture it as more of an offhand though.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior no need more weapon, he needs better skills and traits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Honestly, Warrior traits are pretty solid atm … apart from the Tactics minor traits. Those are just …. yeah.

Moving on.

Throw me a polearm with a “Dragoon” like playstyle and I will quite happily devote a build entirely to that.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

DRAGOON OMG PLEASE

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

id like to see spear/lance on warrior, maybe not greataxe cuz that just sounds straightup overkill XD

in Warrior

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

Offhand pistol for all the Rytlock fans out there. Focus on conditions.

Kneecap – Cripple, Torment
Incendiary Bullet – Burning

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Halberd/Spear/Lance…

in Warrior

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

Funny(backwards) weapon setups.

Mainhand Shield or Warhorn with offensive offhands

There would have to be some skills created to fill the gaps, but it would allow you to use the offhand weapon abilities with the defensive weapons.

Though it would be hilarious(and awesome) I don’t think we need dual shield or warhorns

in Warrior

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Spear for warriors staff for thieves when they introduce completely new weapons we’ll get greataxe

in Warrior

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Oh how I wish Spears were usable on land, they have some of the best skins..

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Crossbow might be fun as a new ranged weapon too I guess.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Polearms
1h Spears for Sparta felling
And the most important one; Greataxe

in Warrior

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

No torch, absolutely disgusting idea u srs rite no?? No pistols you’re a warrior, nuff sed. Spear needs to happen it could even be 1 handed considering how awesome we are. 2Handed axe /battleaxe needs too happen, there’s even GW2 art with a warrior holding a battleaxe.
Hunters are the ones who should get 2 handed spears/polearms, they could also do with a rifle but i’ll save that for the huntards.

Attachments:

(edited by sanictoofast.9317)

in Warrior

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

i want a flail.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Dragoon!

15char

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

We do need 2H axe, I would drop Hammer in a heart beat for a giant Axe.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

2hand axe / 1hand spear

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Crossbow +1 and definitely suits the warrior well ,we need more ranged weapons .