(Opinion) Design changes I think would be cool.

in Warrior

Posted by: Panda Bloodshire.1836

Panda Bloodshire.1836

Subtle changes can make a whole skill set feel totally unique.

1.Instead of my endurance being used to dodge when I wield a shield, let my endurance bar be a reaction block, procing on block effects from traits and maybe even interrupt/fumble my enemy.
I don’t want to dodge away, I want to be rewarded for standing firm before my enemy and rewarding my successful blocks.

2. Bulls rush/Shield bash should provide knockdown,block,or push back effects. I’m a charging warrior, choo-choo.

3.Like thieves our skills should evolve with our off hands, duel wielding does not incorporate any synergy outside of skills 4 and 5. I swing my sword, I swung my sword again, I double sword slashed on my third strike/I cleaved with my axe on my third/I bashed my shield on my third/I upper swung with my mace launching my foe.

4. Reckless and into the fray, adrenaline should provide additional effects when taking on more foes. In general, mostly world v world warriors a punished if they are ever the first ones into combat, mostly because of the stigma in world v world that range weapons are a must. Balancing this with your burst skills would provide battle winning or losing choices.

5. Let banners be spawn able off-hands this solves the problem of that everyone can take your banner and that it is an inconvenience to have it laying in the battle field.

Your 4 and 5 slot now host inspiration skills for party support unique to each banner is unique skills.

The original slot the banner took would be slamming your flag into the ground providing an AOE field depending on the flag.

Strength banner lays-Fire,Ice or darkness
Tactics banner lay-Dark, lighting or smoke.
Etc

You get the general idea.

6. This goes for a lot of classes but make elites feel more like elites. This leads me into to much ideas, so this one is left vague.

7. Make shield available as a 2 handed weapon. Idk but the idea of thrashing an bashing peoples heads in as a train sounds like a warrior to me. I have never played any game which let me wield a spiked shield. It would be a retaliation/bleeding/cc weapon.

8.In general make spears into a amphibious weapon, they would make underwater weapons more desirable and brings that whole pole arm/lance weapon into play.

(edited by Panda Bloodshire.1836)

in Warrior

Posted by: RedDeath.2980

RedDeath.2980

1. In many situations you dodge it makes sense you dont take the damage, a block is something less- sure of- as having a giant smasher crash down on you I dont think blocking helps. Though it is a neat idea, in a way though its a form of taste, as in the Arms? I think theres a ‘duck and weave’ trait that allows you to benefit from this.

2. They already provide a knockdown stun.

3. Thieves get that special as they have select weapons they can pick. Warriors instead are allowed the largest selection of weapons.

4. Burst skills are weak and useless right about now… They definantly need change. In this way? I’m not sure.

5. I personally hate the fact you can pick up a banner and use it as a weapon- none of them offer good abilities and they tend to be clunky. I would rather have it just be something passive like an aura they give off. Strap it to your back maybe. Almost like a signet where they have an additional effect but maybe their aura doesn’t go away on use.

6. Warrior elite skills are plain kitten right now. Its agree-able almost ANYWHERE that they are just plain weak. Signet of Rage is barely passable and its on par with some other classes utility skills.

7. Theres been talk about this elsewhere on the forums already- Its… a strange concept. Though I would maybe play it.

8. I have no idea why they can’t just make certain weapons “also underwater” usable. Then again- underwater is so rarely played and taken into consideration. I tend to avoid it like a plague myself.

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

2h Shield like Captain America. Yes please.

You don’t want a knock-back on bull’s rush. You want your opponent pinned in one spot as a melee. That’s why I hate Kick. Keep the stun.

Too many stand-still abilities (HB, sword burst, hammer stuff, etc).

Move the 3rd tier trait to reduce physical utility CD to 2nd tier.