Optimum Trait Distribution for Glass Cannons

in Warrior

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

This is trait distribution from a CoF point of view, but mathematically, these would be the optimum trait distribution for glass cannons.

For Great Sword:

25 (12% damage at full adren., +10% damage to GS)
25 (
40 prec. per signet, might per GS Hitreduce recharge
10 (Almost minimum of +6% damage with Empowered)
10 (Trait for +9% crit. chance when at full adrenaline. This is 9×21=189 precision

Explanation:

I think all of what I said is self-explanatory except for 10 points in Tactics.

If you were to put 5 more points into strength to go from 25 to 30. This is only 50 power. But let’s say we can do 35, then we’d be getting +100 power. So let’s compare that to 10 in tactics.

If you put 10 points in Tactics, you gain almost a minimum of 6% damage coming from three boons from Signet of Rage.

If you were at 3000 power, 6% damage means approximately +180 power or slightly less based on your total +dmg%.

But it is clearly more advantageous than having just 100 power. Also, you are more tanky while doing more damage and have the option of bringing Empower Ally (70 power to allies) if your team doesn’t already have making you more flexible.

For Axe:

30 (12% dmg at full adren., +5% dmg with axe/mace offhand, +10% crit. dmg for axe)
25 (
40 prec. per signet, vuln. with 33% chance on crit.)
15 (
9% crit. chance with full adren.)

I think Axe is self explanatory. 15 in Discipline rather than 30 in Arms because +5% Crit. dmg > +50 precision. If you really need the +quickness, then go for 30/30/0/0/10

Edit: Forgot to mention one important thing. I see a lot of people running 30 in discipline. however I must say:

+dmg% > +crit. dmg%.

Let’s say
1% crit. dmg = 10 power = 10 precision = 2/3+ dmg%
(This is based on trait distribution. 1 point in Strength yields 10 power. 1 point in discipline yields +1% crit. dmg. etc…)

In this, your priority would be +dmg% > +crit. dmg% > power > precision.

We should take into mind that in the Warrior trait tree, 10 point investment in a tree can yield about +6% dmg while 10 point investment in discipline would yield about +10% crit. dmg

For example, if we look at 10 point investment in tactics for Empowered (almost a minimum of +6% dmg. vs. 10 point in discipline for +10% crit. dmg):

With Empowered : 1.06*(3000*((1+((.5+0)*.75))) -> 4375.044

With 10 more in Disc.: (3000*(1((.5+.1).75)))1 -> 4350

Empowered, which only gives +6% in this calculation (could be more) is almost 2x less than +10% crit. dmg, but it still yields more.

We can say +dmg% is almost 2x better than +crit. dmg. However, +crit. dmg is about 30% easier to obtain. But clearly, almost +200% more damage heavily outweights +30%

So that’s why my trait distribution were aimed at getting as much +dmg% as possible. It’s almost 2x better than the 2nd best stat, +crit. dmg.

Summary: There are no situations (at least in CoF) that you would want to run more than 10 points in Discipline (For Great Sword. 15 for axe). Distributing in Tactics, Strength, or Arms are all more optimum decisions because they yield +dmg% traits which outweighs +crit. dmg%.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I like to go all in on Discipline for 30% Critical Damage, personally.

This is with Axe/X, btw.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

25 (40 prec. per signet, +might per GS Hitreduce recharge

I think you can find better choices then the 40 per signet. This would lead me to assume your running 3 sigs just to get a benefit from that trait. As I have done COF many times, I don’t recall seeing many lvl 80 sig warriors.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

We don’t run 3 signets.

We run 2.

Generally utilities look like this:

Signet of healing
Signet of Strength/Power? Forgot name
For Great Justice
On My Mark
Battle Standard

The person with GS who is 25/25/0/10/10 would roll with Empower Ally and have all banners and 1 For Great Justice. Instead of +40 prec. , this person would get +vuln. stack per 33% chance on crit.

Of course, I don’t require signet build. Depending on situation, I’d tell warriors to get Frenzy sometimes instead for gating purposes. In my team, Frenzy is mostly useless since all the boss (including last boss) dies within 10 seconds (my TW duration)

Edit: And if you don’t believe that’s possible (killing last boss within TW time), join my CoF team. I do have strict requirements on gear checks and trait selection and weapon choice.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

I don’t know how you guys can stand repeating cof1 over and over.
I tried it once, managed a 3 times run in 15 min, god that was boring as hell.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

So I’m guessing you guys all use FGJ in order to maintain perma fury?
That’s the only way I see taking 10 out of tactics being viable.
20% crit chance is nothing to laugh at.

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I have tried several setups and I have it narrowed to this:

25/30/0/0/15 or 30/30/0/0/10. I tried 25/25/0/0/20- Didnt seem to be as much

Which trait setup for maximum damage? I do like high crit chance because nothing makes me madder than seeing the end burst of 100b not be a crit.

Everything else is pretty much standard. Zerker w/ Ruby Orbs. Sigil of Strength on GS. FGJ,OMM,Shakeit,warbanner. Food = 10 percent crit damage with potion of X slaying, or sharpening stone. Charge Bloodlust sigil to 25, before switching to Strength sigil.

My highest hit ever on 100b, was 43k on a Risen Berserker inside CoE p2 before second alpha. 25 might, 25 vulnerbility, 25 bloodlust, banner of discipline, Plate of Truffle Steak Dinner activated for 200 power, potion of inquest slaying, and 30/30/0/0/10.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Which trait setup for maximum damage? I do like high crit chance because nothing makes me madder than seeing the end burst of 100b not be a crit.

Everything else is pretty much standard. Zerker w/ Ruby Orbs. Sigil of Strength on GS. FGJ,OMM,Shakeit,warbanner. Food = 10 percent crit damage with potion of X slaying, or sharpening stone. Charge Bloodlust sigil to 25, before switching to Strength sigil.

My highest hit ever on 100b, was 43k on a Risen Berserker inside CoE p2 before second alpha. 25 might, 25 vulnerbility, 25 bloodlust, banner of discipline, Plate of Truffle Steak Dinner activated for 200 power, potion of inquest slaying, and 30/30/0/0/10.

I’m leaning towards 25/25/0/0/20.
Out of curiosity, how are you running a 30/30/0/0/10 build? I’m just wondering which Grand Master traits you use. As far as I know from personal experience and others voicing their opinions, the grand master traits are rarely worth getting.

Also, why not 25/25/0/10/10 build?
Have you concluded that Empowered is not worth it?
I’m curious because I’m caught between 25/25/0/0/20 and 25/25/0/10/10.
The 20 in discipline let’s me maintain near perma-fury which = 98% crit for me.
The 10 however, which I occasionally utilize, grants me 2.5% damage per boon. This is awesome when I have constant sources of Fury coming from team-mates so I can keep my crit rate high.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

30 in Strength isn’t about Grandmaster Traits.

It is about being able to get Dual Wielding and Axe Mastery.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Phira.3970

You would use Battle Standard to maintain fury. “Place a battle standard that revives fallen allies and grants fury, might, and swiftness [sic] to allies.”

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

You would use Battle Standard to maintain fury. “Place a battle standard that revives fallen allies and grants fury, might, and swiftness [sic] to allies.”

That has a 240s cool down.
I’ve honestly never payed attention… does it continuously grant Fury or is it simply one time? It would also still require multiple users as well.

Is it worth losing perma-fury? You only gain 5% more crit damage (remember that 5 points in discipline grants 5% crit damage) so you’re effective power only goes up by 260… but you are sacrificing 20% critical chance for quite a noticeable amount of time.

Critical chance of perma-fury isn’t even calculated in so I feel like losing that Fury would cause a steeper loss in DPS.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

And for all of you posting more than 10 points in discipline, reread my OP. I edited it so it is easier to read as to why you wouldn’t want more than 10 points in discipline.

Mainly:

+dmg% > +crit dmg > power > precision

The trait distribution is aimed at maxing +dmg% which is almost 2x better than +crit dmg.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

That has a 240s cool down.
I’ve honestly never payed attention… does it continuously grant Fury or is it simply one time? It would also still require multiple users as well.

Is it worth losing perma-fury? You only gain 5% more crit damage (remember that 5 points in discipline grants 5% crit damage) so you’re effective power only goes up by 260… but you are sacrificing 20% critical chance for quite a noticeable amount of time.

Critical chance of perma-fury isn’t even calculated in so I feel like losing that Fury would cause a steeper loss in DPS.

Yeah, you’re right, +20% critical chance > +5 critical dmg. but I don’t know what you mean by perma-fury? What traits grant that? Alos, I did calculate everything with 100% crit. chance ( I erased because it looked like a wall of text ) and still found +dmg% > +crit. dmg%
—-

Oh. You’re talking about 25/25/0/10/10 vs. 30/25/0/0/15 in axe
(still don’t know what you mean by perma-fury though. There’s lots of ways to get perma-fury in cof.)

In 30/25/0/0/15, you gain +5 crit. dmg and +50 power and +10% crit. dmg when holding an axe with the trait in strength.

What you then compare is [+15 crit. dmg and +50 power] vs. about +6% dmg (empowered)

[This is 30/25/0/0/15 version] 3050*(1+((.5+.15)*.75))=4536.875

VS.

[This is Empowered version] (3000*(1+((.5+0).75)))1.06=4372.5

30/25/0/0/15 is better.

—How about I do this. I will just show everyone that is using more than 10 in discipline is not hitting optimum damage.

Go ahead and list whatever trait set up you’re using and your exact stats with +dmg%, crit. chance with fury calculated and traits, power, +crit. dmg..

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

And for all of you posting more than 10 points in discipline, reread my OP. I edited it so it is easier to read as to why you wouldn’t want more than 10 points in discipline.

Mainly:

+dmg% > +crit dmg > power > precision

The trait distribution is aimed at maxing +dmg% which is almost 2x better than +crit dmg.

The 20 in discipline is not for more crit dmg mate, it’s for permanent fury.
Perma Fury brings me to abotu 98% crit chance.
I’m hitting over 2x stronger on nearly all my hits.

How would you reply to that?
(I don’t mean this in an insulting way, I’m genuinely curious of what you think as I am trying to optimize this part as well)

in Warrior

Phira.3970

I’m not sure where you’re getting permanent fury from. F1 from great sword? If you are getting permanent fury, then it would be worth getting in a situation where your team isn’t giving you fury or if your elite is down

25/25/0/0/20 and GS

Runes and gears and sigils?

Send

Power total
Crit chance : +98% crit. chance <- How did you get +98%. +250 precision from weapon sigil?
Crit Dmg total
+Dmg% total
Gs or axe?

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I’m not sure where you’re getting permanent fury from. F1 from great sword? If you are getting permanent fury, then it would be worth getting in a situation where your team isn’t giving you fury or if your elite is down

25/25/0/0/20 and GS

Runes and gears and sigils?

Send

Power total
Crit chance : +98% crit. chance <- How did you get +98%. +250 precision from weapon sigil?
Crit Dmg total
+Dmg% total
Gs or axe?

Here is what I am currently running.
I no longer utilize Great Sword for PvE (except a few fights where I find it to be more effective and CoF farm)

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p58.p57.0.0.k56|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Sorry, my bad, I have 97% critical with Fury.
30s Fury from Signet of Rage (48s cool down because of 20 in discipline)
8s from FGJ x2 = 16s (You use it twice in the duration of SoR’s cooldown)
That’s 46s out of every 48s. That is near permanent fury. Have a single source of outside Fury, which I often find, and you have perma fury right there.

It’s basically the same as the GS build I was running except that I changed traits to be traited towards an Axe.

Excuse the one berserker armor. It’s the Flame Legion gloves. The rest is Knight.
All Berserker ascended amulets, but I’m working on the infusions.

EDIT:
I know I can swap out crack shot to be more effective, but I run crack shot when I’m feeling particularly lazy

in Warrior

Phira.3970

I don’t really see the point of +20% cooldown on Signet unless a fight is really going to take over 46 seconds long. And you’re missing +50 power, and a net +5 crit. dmg just to get that signet reduction trait.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I don’t really see the point of +20% cooldown on Signet unless a fight is really going to take over 46 seconds long. And you’re missing +50 power, and a net +5 crit. dmg just to get that signet reduction trait.

+50 power and +5% crit damage
VS
20% critical chance

To me, that’s an obvious choice. Also, you can not forget that you gain extra stacks of might from SoR, so overall, I think it comes out way ahead.

Also, all boss fights last longer than that.
For mobs also, I rather being hitting critical with everything. Having to go against a mob and being on downtime for Fury significantly cuts into DPS… although, honestly, anything works for trash mobs.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

I wouldn’t even say it’s +50 power and +5% crit damage VS. +20% crit chance because you do get “perma-fury.” You use Dual Strike, For Great Justice, Elite Signet of Rage. You will keep it up indefinitely.

So if you did the above combo ^, in comparison to my build, your build would just lose +50 power and +5% crit . damage

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I wouldn’t even say it’s +50 power and +5% crit damage VS. +20% crit chance because you do get “perma-fury.” You use Dual Strike, For Great Justice, Elite Signet of Rage. You will keep it up indefinitely.

So if you did the above combo ^, in comparison to my build, your build would just lose +50 power and +5% crit . damage

So, for axe/shield, axe/sword, axe/mace, you really think 5% crit damage and 50 power (not exactly 50 since SoR grants might as well) is better than 20% crit chance?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

I still can’t understand why you would slot offhand Sword with a mainhand Axe over either Mace or another Axe.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

I still can’t understand why you would slot offhand Sword with a mainhand Axe over either Mace or another Axe.

1) Skin. This alone is enough for me, and the only logical/illogical reason for it lol
2) #4 is nice for bleeds so you don’t have to slot 50% longer bleed in any situation
3) #5 is like a nooby version of shield block, but can be used twice as often
4) Skin.
5) Skin.

Another Axe is rather useless now, even compared to sword in my opinion. I loved it while Omnom had no CD

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

What about Fast Hands which allows faster swapping between GS and Axe?

in Warrior

Phira.3970

So, for axe/shield, axe/sword, axe/mace, you really think 5% crit damage and 50 power (not exactly 50 since SoR grants might as well) is better than 20% crit chance?

Logic is a bit off here. Axe/shield, axe/sword, axe/mace do get +20% crit chance. You can grant 38 seconds of Fury yourself or more if you have +fury duration runes.

Your assumption is that my build isn’t 24/7 fury. I can say the same. Your build doesn’t have +20% crit chance because it isn’t exactly “perma-fury”. Axe/axe however does give “perma-fury.” So for 30/25/0/0/15 with axe/axe, I’ll say you are losing 50 power, +5% crit dmg, and +20% crit chance. See how flawed this logic is?

As for fast hands for hybrid GS – Axe, at least for Citadel of Flame, we find pure axe to be more damaging. Two reasons for this. 1) you can trait for another trait that buffs axe. Going hybrid means taking out something like 10% crit. chance for axe for +10% dmg on GS. 2) You have 1 more sigil spot which we use Sigil of Night (10% dmg vs. Flame legions) in combination with Superior Sigil of Smothering for another +10% dmg totalling in +20% damage in just sigils (talking from a CoF perspective here).

It would however be useful for PvP.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Logic is a bit off here. Axe/shield, axe/sword, axe/mace do get +20% crit chance. You can grant 38 seconds of Fury yourself or more if you have +fury duration runes.

Your assumption is that my build isn’t 24/7 fury. I can say the same. Your build doesn’t have +20% crit chance because it isn’t exactly “perma-fury”. Axe/axe however does give “perma-fury.” So for 30/25/0/0/15 with axe/axe, I’ll say you are losing 50 power, +5% crit dmg, and +20% crit chance. See how flawed this logic is?

As for fast hands for hybrid GS – Axe, at least for Citadel of Flame, we find pure axe to be more damaging. Two reasons for this. 1) you can trait for another trait that buffs axe. Going hybrid means taking out something like 10% crit. chance for axe for +10% dmg on GS. 2) You have 1 more sigil spot which we use Sigil of Night (10% dmg vs. Flame legions) in combination with Superior Sigil of Smothering for another +10% dmg totalling in +20% damage in just sigils (talking from a CoF perspective here).

It would however be useful for PvP.

I think your logic is quite a bit off.

First, adding in Fury runes (2 minimum) would cut away that 50 power since you are losing power, percision, AND critical damage, so that is already out of the question.

Second, I’m assuming from your replies that you haven’t seen the other threads. I replace Crack Shot with Furious Reaction (10s of fury per 30s).
SoR – 30s of rage per 48s
FGJ – 16s of rage (can be used twice for 8s each while SoR is on CD)
Furious Reaction – 10s rage per 30.

You need to match the longest cooldown in order to maintain permanent rage.
This provides 56s of rage per 48s CD. Fury stacks duration. Permanent Fury by far.
Therefore, my build IS permanent fury while your build is not.
How would you respond then? (Once again, no offense, just want to see how you compare 5% crit damage and 50power [actually less because of Might] to 20% critical chance)

in Warrior

Phira.3970

So under your strange situation of where you seem to be guaranteed 10s of Fury.

0 Seconds – Furious Reaction + Signet of Rage + For Great Justice all at the same time
for 48 seconds.
25 seconds – For Great Justice, 56 seconds of Fury
30 seconds – Furious Reaction CD and triggers again 66 seconds.

So then my build does have perma-fury.

I lose nothing, and I gain +5% crit dmg and 50 power.

But even before that, just to even say my builds 5% crit dmg and 50 power VS. your +20% crit. chance is faulty logic as you’re acting like you are the only one who has Fury. If I’m not mistaken, just about every Warrior build runs Signet of Rage which provides Fury. If not, then or Battle Standard or FgJ, etc… grant fury. I only mentioned up the strange situation of “perma-fury” because you brought it up and the strange logic that “because I have perma-fury and you do not, you are losing +20% crit. chance.” is plain strange logic as nearly every Warrior has fury.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

0 Seconds – Furious Reaction + Signet of Rage + For Great Justice all at the same time
for 48 seconds.

But even before that, just to even say my builds 5% crit dmg and 50 power VS. your +20% crit. chance is faulty logic as you’re acting like you are the only one who has Fury. If I’m not mistaken, just about every Warrior build runs Signet of Rage which provides Fury. If not, then or Battle Standard or FgJ, etc… grant fury. I only mentioned up the strange situation of “perma-fury” because you brought it up and the strange logic that “because I have perma-fury and you do not, you are losing +20% crit. chance.” is plain strange logic as nearly every Warrior has fury.

I’m trying to be as nice as possible, but I’m starting to believe that you’re simply trying to win an argument rather than actually learn anything.

Strange situation. What is strange about taking 10% of your HP in damage?
That’s possibly one of the most common possibilities, yet not a reliable one which is why it is simply a cover for the 2s. I often don’t even need it. You’re argument about not having perma-fury in my previous was based on 2s which is covered by… almost anything… especially in CoF.

Also, I don’t understand why, even though I have mentioned it over and over, you continue to say 50 power and disregard swiftness (which is actually very useful) but, more importantly, the might stack that SoR gives?

Finally, if you’re perfect 66s Fury did work (whereas I simply introduced it as a means for the 2s gap you seemingly needed to fill in order for my claim of perma-fury to be accurate) then both of our builds would be useless.

Assuming the perfect 66 as you stated, 25/25/0/10/10 would, by far, be the most effective build for Axe. As You stated, damage % is the king.
It increases damage by 2% for each unique boon.
Fury Maintained 2%
Might Maintained 2%
Swiftness (1/2 maintain w/ this new build) 2%
Vigor (1/3 maintain) 2%

This is excluding all the boons that a Guardian grants.

So, if we’re going to argue 66s as you claim, then this, by far, outstrips either of our builds. By the way, the timings I calculated are without the 10% boon duration of having 10 in tactics.. which means that empowered becomes even MORE effective as Fury and Might are maintained regardless.

Hmm… interesting. What do you think?

6~8% self provided damage and another 4~10 that can be provided VIA team buffs. Do we have a winner that is better than both our builds?

in Warrior

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

I still say 20/25/0/0/25 would reach your optimal GS output. I can’t justify empowered for a low flat % damage over 15% crit damage when we don’t know exactly where in the damage formula empowered applies itself. GW2 compounds a lot of its values rather than running them additively.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

I still say 20/25/0/0/25 would reach your optimal GS output. I can’t justify empowered for a low flat % damage over 15% crit damage when we don’t know exactly where in the damage formula empowered applies itself. GW2 compounds a lot of its values rather than running them additively.

25/25/0/0/20 would be better than 20/25/0/0/25

because of the combined units of 50 power and +3% dmg after roll passive trait

If your stats are 3000 power, 100% crit. chance:

[25/25/0/0/20] (3050*(1+((.5)1)))1.03-> 4712.25
vs.
[20/25/0/0/25] 3000*(1+((.55)*1))-> 4650

It’s pretty clear 25/25/0/0/20 > 20/25/0/0/25

Argument is more of whether 25/25/0/10/10 is better than 25/25/0/0/20 or not. It’s actually a bit iffy and dependent on many variables.

Basically the exchange for 2%+ dmg per boon VS. +10% crit. dmg

At 3 boons meaning +6% dmg, 3000 power, and +75% crit chance:

[25/25/0/10/10] (3000*(1+((.5)1)))1.06 = 4770

[25/25/0/0/20] 3000*(1+((.6)*1)) = 4800

At 100% crit. chance, 25/25/0/0/20 is better vs. 3 boons on 25/25/0/10/10

However, at 4 boons, 25/25/0/10/10 > 25/25/0/0/20

And at a lower crit. chance, such as +75% crit. chance, 25/25/0/10/10 is > 25/25/0/0/20 even at only 3 boons.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

for 48 seconds.

I’m trying to be as nice as possible, but I’m starting to believe that you’re simply trying to win an argument rather than actually learn anything.

That’s possibly one of the most common possibilities, yet not a reliable one which is why it is simply a cover for the 2s. I often don’t even need it. You’re argument about not having perma-fury in my previous was based on 2s which is covered by… almost anything… especially in CoF.

Also, I don’t understand why, even though I have mentioned it over and over, you continue to say 50 power and disregard swiftness (which is actually very useful) but, more importantly, the might stack that SoR gives?

Finally, if you’re perfect 66s Fury did work (whereas I simply introduced it as a means for the 2s gap you seemingly needed to fill in order for my claim of perma-fury to be accurate) then both of our builds would be useless.

As for you, I’ve already proved in math that 30/25/0/0/15 is > 25/25/0/10/10. I’ll just copy paste.

[This is 30/25/0/0/15 version] 3050*(1+((.5+.15)*1))=5032.5

VS.

[This is Empowered version] (3000*(1+((.5+0)*1)))1.1=4770

You would need approximately 5 to 6 boons to break even with my set up.

“Also, I don’t understand why, even though I have mentioned it over and over, you continue to say 50 power and disregard swiftness (which is actually very useful) but, more importantly, the might stack that SoR gives?”

Use the golden rule for consistency. If you get SoR, then I get SoR. So as I mentioned over and over, the gain of swiftness and might is illusory because I get it too. Once again, same strange logic where you think you’re the only one getting Fury, but now you think you’re the only one getting SoR. You’re only seeing one side of the equation instead of the whole picture. In math, whatever you do to one side of the equation you do to another. Follow this golden rule pl0x.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

for 48 seconds.

As for you, I’ve already proved in math that 30/25/0/0/15 is > 25/25/0/10/10. I’ll just copy paste.

VS.

[This is Empowered version] (3000*(1+((.5+0)*1)))1.1=4770

You would need approximately 5 to 6 boons to break even with my set up.

“Also, I don’t understand why, even though I have mentioned it over and over, you continue to say 50 power and disregard swiftness (which is actually very useful) but, more importantly, the might stack that SoR gives?”

Use the golden rule for consistency. If you get SoR, then I get SoR. So as I mentioned over and over, the gain of swiftness and might is illusory because I get it too. Once again, same strange logic where you think you’re the only one getting Fury, but now you think you’re the only one getting SoR. You’re only seeing one side of the equation instead of the whole picture. In math, whatever you do to one side of the equation you do to another. Follow this golden rule pl0x.

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your math at all.
1. You completely disregard the 10% boon duration which allows you maintain higher amounts of stacks of might. You act as if what happens on paper is translated exactly to the game. According to your formula, boon durations should not be calculated.
Weird math.
Moreover, you do realize that each boon is 2% damage right?
Think you should look over your math again, buddy.

2. Golden Rule of Consistency?
I seriously think you need to learn to pay attention. Consistency across two separate trait builds?
Sure, 66s and 66s matches, but we were comparing a 20% quicker signet VS. non-traited signet. Then we compared one were you would gain 66s of Fury; however, in doing so, both builds maintain max fury in which case it is better to stack %damage, as You emphasize.. yet you choose critical damage rather hypocritically.

I acknowledged that if we both, indeed, traited Furious Reaction, then both could reach 66s of fury with your little golden consistency rule. Then, the comparison goes between our builds VS. a 10/10 ending build.

Are you trying to tell me that 5% crit damage is greater than 10% boon duration (which implies longer might stack nullifying a measly 50power), not to mention the longer Fury and other boons. A warrior can maintain Might and Fury. That’s 4% damage vs. 5% critical damage. Add on swiftness from SoR untraited and you’re looking at an extra 2% a little over half-time = 5% overall. Add in your groups buffs and you’re easily sitting at 8% full-time, even greater.

You mean to tell me that 5% crit damage is greater than 8% damage, even after you stated that %damage is king? Please show me how you work this out.

Do some math that involves everything as well, not only the numbers you want it to. So far, you’ve been quite exclusive with your “math.”

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

First build is 25/25/0/10/10
(What I am now proposing since we are using the “golden rule.”)
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p58.p56.0.a6.a5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Second build is 30/25/0/0/15
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1g.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|u58a.p56.0.0.f5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

3% damage increase gives about 325 effective power at these power levels.
This is estimated data (utilizing the build formula, a formula that is much more in-depth and solid than your quick math that does not account for duration).
2% would give about 210 power.

Each boon provides 2% damage (roughly 210 power increasing as overall power increases).
The difference in effective power of these builds, not including the dam from boons, is about 500. You would need 2 fully maintained boons and 1 that you can maintain 50 of the time for these builds to equalize. Any more than 3 makes the first more favorable.

Fury and Might can be permanently maintained.
Swiftness more than 50% of the time (10% boon duration, remember).
10% boon duration also makes all boons last longer which allows greater stacks of might, albeit little.

So, where did you get 5 and 6 from.
From your strange math?
Builds are equal in strength with little to no difference.
The minute you join a part, the 25/25/0/10/10 becomes superior.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

“Moreover, you do realize that each boon is 2% damage right?”

Yes I do, try reading my OP.

“So, where did you get 5 and 6 from.
From your strange math? "

I erased it because it looks like a wall of text. But here you go:

VS.

[This is Empowered version] (3000*(1+((.5+0)*1)))1.06=4770

Let me explain here. Here, we have +100% crit rate, +3000 power, 150% crit dmg as base stats. 1.06 means +6% dmg from boons.

Here’s 8% dmg from boons with 4 boons

(3000*(1+((.5+0)1)))1.08=4860

Here’s 5 boons

(3000*(1+((.5+0)1)))1.1=4950

Here’s 6 boons

(3000*(1+((.5+0)1)))1.12=5040

Finally it breaks nearly even at between 5-6 boons as 30/25/0/0/15 is 5032.5.

And yes I said +dmg% is the best stats by far in the game, but I did say you want it in a ratio of about 2/3 to crit dmg in my OP.
——

Skip to 25 seconds. Here are warriors traited to my standards. Most of us do not have ascended gears.

4x 30/25/0/0/15 Axe Warriors, 1x 30/30/0/0/10 Mesmer

Note we could do this a lot faster. This was recorded in the middle of our farm run meaning we are set up to complete CoF in a way that yields the most money, not in the shortest amount of time. The first part is just because we are killing too fast that Time Warp does not recharge in time.

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

“Moreover, you do realize that each boon is 2% damage right?”

Yes I do, try reading my OP.

“So, where did you get 5 and 6 from.
From your strange math? "

I erased it because it looks like a wall of text. But here you go:

VS.

[This is Empowered version] (3000*(1+((.5+0)*1)))1.06=4770

Let me explain here. Here, we have +100% crit rate, +3000 power, 150% crit dmg as base stats. 1.06 means +6% dmg from boons.

Here’s 8% dmg from boons with 4 boons

(3000*(1+((.5+0)1)))1.08=4860

Here’s 5 boons

(3000*(1+((.5+0)1)))1.1=4950

Here’s 6 boons

(3000*(1+((.5+0)1)))1.12=5040

Finally it breaks nearly even at between 5-6 boons as 30/25/0/0/15 is 5032.5.

And yes I said +dmg% is the best stats by far in the game, but I did say you want it in a ratio of about 2/3 to crit dmg in my OP.
——

Skip to 25 seconds. Here are warriors traited to my standards. Most of us do not have ascended gears.

4x 30/25/0/0/15 Axe Warriors, 1x 30/30/0/0/10 Mesmer

Note we could do this a lot faster. This was recorded in the middle of our farm run meaning we are set up to complete CoF in a way that yields the most money, not in the shortest amount of time. The first part is just because we are killing too fast that Time Warp does not recharge in time.

Thank you for the math, but I am curious as to how you got that formula and why it does not match with any build sites 0-0

in Warrior

Phira.3970

The formula is from gw2wiki though I derived the formula myself

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_hit

Expected damage = Base damage * ((0.50 + (Critical Damage / 100)) * (Critical Chance / 100) + 1)

I combined ^ with another formula

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precision

rounded down((precision – 822) / 21) = base crit. chance

So then:

Expected damage = Base damage * ((0.50 + (Critical Damage / 100)) * (((precision – 822) / 21) / 100) + 1)

In most of my scenarios, I used 3000 power as base damage, 75% crit chance (to calculate more precision) or 100% crit chance (calculate +crit. dmg vs. +dmg%), 150% base crit dmg.

The formula does not calculate condition damage, condition duration, boon duration, etc.. I could calculate those but it would make the formula 2-3x longer for a longer wall of text that people already don’t understand with just pure raw crit. damage.

And I don’t know about build sites. I don’t use them.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

The formula is from gw2wiki though I derived the formula myself

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_hit

Expected damage = Base damage * ((0.50 + (Critical Damage / 100)) * (Critical Chance / 100) + 1)

I combined ^ with another formula

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Precision

rounded down((precision – 822) / 21) = base crit. chance

So then:

Expected damage = Base damage * ((0.50 + (Critical Damage / 100)) * (((precision – 822) / 21) / 100) + 1)

In most of my scenarios, I used 3000 power as base damage, 75% crit chance (to calculate more precision) or 100% crit chance (calculate +crit. dmg vs. +dmg%), 150% base crit dmg.

The formula does not calculate condition damage, condition duration, boon duration, etc.. I could calculate those but it would make the formula 2-3x longer for a longer wall of text that people already don’t understand with just raw damage.

And I don’t know about build sites. I don’t use them.

Hmmm… I"ll have to see if I can verify your formula.
If I can, then I’ll use your build, but from my experience… Wiki leaves out so much information lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Dedphyre.2650

Dedphyre.2650

The difference is using power as damage which slightly over values power and undervalues damage%. The most accurate would be power times the averaged attack chain weapon modifier.

As to the crit damage vs. Damage% at 100% crit chance crit damage will be worth half as much as damage% and the less crit you have the worse the ratio gets.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

The difference is using power as damage which slightly over values power and undervalues damage%. The most accurate would be power times the averaged attack chain weapon modifier.

As to the crit damage vs. Damage% at 100% crit chance crit damage will be worth half as much as damage% and the less crit you have the worse the ratio gets.

So… what does that mean about his formula…?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dedphyre.2650

Dedphyre.2650

Using the version:

You just have to expand base damage out some. Base damage does not correlate to power on a 1 to 1 scale. But it is a linear relationship. From the wiki:
Base Damage = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

All it does to the result is change how heavily power is a factor vs. bonus damage%.

• The order of stats would still be damage%, CritDamage, Power, Precision.

In addition, while this doesn’t effect berserker geared players it is good to note that the optimum amount of critical damage vs. critical chance is about even (keeping in mind the stat ceiling of 100% crit chance). So if you had a choice between equal amounts of Crit Damage or Crit Chance you’d choose whichever is lower. Might be a factor for someone using Cavalier and Knight’s mixes.

(edited by Dedphyre.2650)

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

Using the version:

You just have to expand base damage out some. Base damage does not correlate to power on a 1 to 1 scale. But it is a linear relationship. From the wiki:
Base Damage = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

All it does to the result is change how heavily power is a factor vs. bonus damage%.

• The order of stats would still be damage%, CritDamage, Power, Precision.

In addition, while this doesn’t effect berserker geared players it is good to note that the optimum amount of critical damage vs. critical chance is about even (keeping in mind the stat ceiling of 100% crit chance). So if you had a choice between equal amounts of Crit Damage or Crit Chance you’d choose whichever is lower. Might be a factor for someone using Cavalier and Knight’s mixes.

Excellent >:)
I’ll stick with mine then hehe

in Warrior

Phira.3970

“Base Damage = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)”

^ That doesn’t matter unless I’m comparing weapon vs. weapon or skill vs. skill. Armor is completely irrelevant through the golden rule (consistency rule) as target’s armor applies to whatever “(weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) .”

In fact, the build site CookMETEnder mentioned thinks like me. It’s the exact same as the formula I used. I tried the build site used to calculate “normal berserker stats” and calculated from there. The effective power from the build site matches mine exactly.

So from the build site,

25/25/0/0/20 ’s effective power = 6706.41

With my trait distribution, 30/25/0/0/15, the effective power = 6971.54.

With the consideration of Empowered (+2% dmg per boon) in 25/25/0/10/10, the build site says effective power = 6486.55. However, it doesn’t calculate the Empowered trait. So I’ll show you what it’ll look like at 1,2,3,4,5 boons. And while doing that, I’ll also show you that my formula matches the site exactly.

My formula with 25/25/0/10/10 using stats from buildcraft:

1.399*(2381*(1+((1.52)*.7627)))

(btw I set armor to Berserker set and runes to Rune of Rage.)

1.399*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6486.55425313
^
Oh wait, did I just derive at the exact same effective power as the build site using “my” formula?

Here’s the site and you can see effective power is the exact same as mine:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p58.p57.0.a6.a5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Ok, let me show you what it looks like at 1,2,3,4,5 boons.

1 boon:

1.419*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6579.28555053

2 boon:

1.439*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6672.01684793

3 boons:

1.459*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6764.74814533

4 boons:

1.479*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6857.47944273

5 boons:

1.499*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6950.21074013

6 boons:

1.519*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=7042.94203753

So between 5-6 boons, as I stated earlier, it breaks even finally with my build, 30/25/0/0/15 = effective power = 6971.54.

[The order of stats would still be damage%, CritDamage, Power, Precision.]

Yes

[In addition, while this doesn’t effect berserker geared players…]

No. That’s why I made this thread because I kick about 90% of pugs I invite to my CoF p1 group when they ping that they 30 or 20 in discipline. I’m hoping people would realize that doing so isn’t as efficient in terms of pure damage.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

“Base Damage = (weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)”

^ That doesn’t matter unless I’m comparing weapon vs. weapon or skill vs. skill. Armor is completely irrelevant through the golden rule (consistency rule) as target’s armor applies to whatever “(weapon damage) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) .”

In fact, the build site CookMETEnder mentioned thinks like me. It’s the exact same as the formula I used. I tried the build site used to calculate “normal berserker stats” and calculated from there. The effective power from the build site matches mine exactly.

So from the build site,

25/25/0/0/20 ’s effective power = 6706.41

With my trait distribution, 30/25/0/0/15, the effective power = 6971.54.

With the consideration of Empowered (+2% dmg per boon) in 25/25/0/10/10, the build site says effective power = 6486.55. However, it doesn’t calculate the Empowered trait. So I’ll show you what it’ll look like at 1,2,3,4,5 boons. And while doing that, I’ll also show you that my formula matches the site exactly.

My formula with 25/25/0/10/10 using stats from buildcraft:

1.399*(2381*(1+((1.52)*.7627)))

(btw I set armor to Berserker set and runes to Rune of Rage.)

1.399*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6486.55425313
^
Oh wait, did I just derive at the exact same effective power as the build site using “my” formula?

Here’s the site and you can see effective power is the exact same as mine:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|7.1g.h2.c.1g.h1|4.1g.h1|1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c.1g.71c|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p58.p57.0.a6.a5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Ok, let me show you what it looks like at 1,2,3,4,5 boons.

1 boon:

1.419*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6579.28555053

2 boon:

1.439*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6672.01684793

3 boons:

1.459*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6764.74814533

4 boons:

1.479*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6857.47944273

5 boons:

1.499*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=6950.21074013

6 boons:

1.519*(2261*(1+((1.45)*.7246)))=7042.94203753

So between 5-6 boons, as I stated earlier, it breaks even finally with my build, 30/25/0/0/15 = effective power = 6971.54.

[The order of stats would still be damage%, CritDamage, Power, Precision.]

Yes

[In addition, while this doesn’t effect berserker geared players…]

No. That’s why I made this thread because I kick about 90% of pugs I invite to my CoF p1 group when they ping that they 30 or 20 in discipline. I’m hoping people would realize that doing so isn’t as efficient in terms of pure damage.

That sounds great and all, but can you post up evidence of this such as a video?
Sure, the math adds up, but I’m very doubtful of whether that is the exact formula.
You stick with the site for the basics then add on your own, but you do so utilizing formulas given on Wiki which immediately arouses my suspicion of whether the formula is actually accurate or not.

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Phira, I just want to know your opinion. 15 Discipline means you can’t have Signet Mastery compared to 20. If you are using 2 or more signets.

50 precision is about 2.5% crit chance compared with signet recharge 20%. Which is more important?

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

Phira.3970

You mean 30/20/0/0/20?

Then you’d be missing not just 50 precision, but also +10% dmg vs bleeded foes.

in Warrior

Phira.3970

“That sounds great and all, but can you post up evidence of this such as a video?
Sure, the math adds up, but I’m very doubtful of whether that is the exact formula.
You stick with the site for the basics then add on your own, but you do so utilizing formulas given on Wiki which immediately arouses my suspicion of whether the formula is actually accurate or not.”

If you want to test this, just go to sPvP, get steady weapons, and trait for 30/25/0/0/15. Hit a dummy bag of any armor. Record your non-crit hit.Then trait 25/25/0/10/10. Have a friend like a guardian give you junk boons like protection, regeneration to calculate the +dmg% from boons, and hit the same dummy bag of the same armor in the same attack. You should hit around the same dmg at around 5 junk boons.

Edit: And if you want a video, I’ve already posted the fastest CoF boss kills you’ll find on youtube above. Notice you won’t see a video as fast as mine because most Warriors do trait for around 20 or so in discipline (from my survey of when I ask pug to ping their traits). And I would take screenshots for showing the results of my math but I don’t have a friend convenient in the same server to cast boons on me

(edited by Phira.3970)

in Warrior

Posted by: ChaosDoom.8459

ChaosDoom.8459

Phira, so based on your own experience, 50 precision which is about 2.5% crit chance and +10% dmg vs bleeding foes outweigh 20% signet CD?

By the way, what is your average upkeep of Might? How many stacks you normally have? Mine is average 15 stacks. My friend tested with 60% boon duration to Might (Fighter, Strength and Holbrak) and his Might is always 25 stacks.

My 15 stacks of Might are based on if I am solo or no one else is providing me with Might.

What is your take on this?

Little Furry – Twin Terror of Crystal Desert
Guild KöMÉ – §Strength, Honour & Duty§

in Warrior

Phira.3970

Say if you’re using Ruby Orbs, and you switched to +60% might duration, you’d be losing out on +60m power, +6% crit. dmg, +42 precision for 10 more might which is +350 power.

Here’s effective power with Ruby Orbs using the stats I set as berserker:

Effective power = 7002.81

but at 15 might and fury = (2905*(1+((1.41).9146)))1.4656 = 9748.068086848

Here’s effective power with 60% might duration:

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|1.1g.h2|4.1g.h1|1g.79.1g.79.1g.7d.1g.7d.1g.76.1g.76|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p59.p57.0.a0.a5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Effective power = 6402.25

but with 25 might @ fury = (3210*(1+((1.29).875)))1.4656=10014.86616

Conclusion = Maintaining 25 might would be better than 6 ruby orbs in a situation where nobody is giving you might stacks.

By the way, since you’re Great Sword, are you running 25/25/0/10/10 or 25/25/0/0/20?

Unlike axe, there isn’t that much of a difference between not getting signet 25/25/0/10/10 and getting signet 25/25/0/0/20

With 25/25/0/10/10, you get Empowered and +10% boon duration.
With 25/25/0/0/20, you’d get +20% signet reduction

Here’s 25/25/0/0/20, effective power = 7242.04

/?8.0|1.1g.h2|4.1g.h1|1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p59.p57.0.0.k56|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

Here’s 25/25/0/10/10, effective power (build site doesn’t calculate empowered)=7002.81

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/warrior/?8.0|1.1g.h2|4.1g.h1|1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7.1g.a7|2s.d13.2s.d13.3s.d19.3s.d19.2s.d13.2s.d13|p59.p57.0.a6.a5|54.7|0.0.0.0.0|e

With 1 boon,

7002.81 * 1.02 =7142.8662

With fur

With 2 boon,

With fury @ 1 boon

7977.024340096*1.02=8136.56482689792

Conclusion: At 2 or more boons, 25/25/0/10/10 would be outdamaging 25/25/0/0/20. You also lose +hp and +10% boon duration, but you can get your +20% signet reduction in exchange

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamashi.1340

Yamashi.1340

I’m leaning towards 25/25/0/0/20.
Out of curiosity, how are you running a 30/30/0/0/10 build? I’m just wondering which Grand Master traits you use. As far as I know from personal experience and others voicing their opinions, the grand master traits are rarely worth getting.

Also, why not 25/25/0/10/10 build?
Have you concluded that Empowered is not worth it?
I’m curious because I’m caught between 25/25/0/0/20 and 25/25/0/10/10.
The 20 in discipline let’s me maintain near perma-fury which = 98% crit for me.
The 10 however, which I occasionally utilize, grants me 2.5% damage per boon. This is awesome when I have constant sources of Fury coming from team-mates so I can keep my crit rate high.

R:best trait for maximum dmg for me :

20 berserker power/slashing power
30 rending strikes/forceful gs/blademaster
10 empower
10 heightened focus.

For dmg and crit purposes.

Koi X (Warrior) – Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

You could probably get a bit more damage if you run 25/25/0/10/10, as you get another 2% damage boost and 50 power from the third minor trait in strength

Edit: Also, blade master doesn’t affect the GS btw.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamashi.1340

Yamashi.1340

You could probably get a bit more damage if you run 25/25/0/10/10, as you get another 2% damage boost and 50 power from the third minor trait in strength

Edit: Also, blade master doesn’t affect the GS btw.

Omg isnt gs a sword?i didnt know that..thanks for the info.

Koi X (Warrior) – Tarnished Coast