Please fix Earthshaker targeting

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

I run a tanky Hammer/GS build and rely on the Hammer alot for teamfights mixing the GS in when the Hammer skills are on CD and to give me some extra damage potential.

The problem I have with Hammer is the burst skill has a -terrible- time trying to hit people going down a hill/ramp. You fly through in mid air instead of towards the ground and it seems to have a 50/50 chance of actually causing a hit on your intended target whether or not they were in the AoE radius.

It drives me nuts. I can’t sit there and hesitate thinking “They’re trying to back out of the focus, I need to land on them and keep them locked down, but do I risk blowing this 10 sec cd or go for it and possibly get a stun.”

I’m also on the fence about being interrupted during the animation, I swear I can’t interrupt thieves during HS spam with the Hammer knockback but I don’t know, it’s so hard to tell what goes on during combat sometimes. This isn’t really that big of an issue for me, just annoying heh.

At this point I feel like heroic leap in WoW is working better than this thing, please fix it if possible.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Interestingly, this happens with all the leaps that I’ve seen. I first noticed it when I started off as a GS guard before switching to War. Leap would only travel on the same XY plane for the duration of the skill, only falling to the appropriate height after completion. Earthshaker has the exact same behavior, and even though I think the animation itself is hilarious, it definitely needs to be addressed.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

All leaps behave this way and it is a generally broken mechanic. Leaps of all kinds cannot hit anything on a lower Z-axis because the effect/damage will try to apply mid-air on the same Z-axis as where the leap originates.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dreadspectre.3456

Dreadspectre.3456

At least the leaps stil move you to pretty much on top of what you wanted. The point of this skill is not the movement but the stun, blowing this thing is huge. Messes up a whole CC chain that I use to focus people down. All the skills need fixed asap.

in Warrior

Posted by: amradio.2513

amradio.2513

Yeah just broken design across all leap skills. For now just avoid using it on declines.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I would honestly be very surprised if ANet wasn’t aware of the issue and has been for a while. I would imagine their evaluation of risk versus estimations for fixing the issue caused priorities to lean towards other features for their sprints/whatever development methodology they’re using, so it just hasn’t made it in yet.

However, if enough examples of it negatively impacting play are cited, it might rise up and be fixed sooner. I will admit it doesn’t affect me often, but when it does, it can be frustrating.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”