Post-Patch Talk

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

What are you guys going to do with builds after crit foods were nerfed?
(I’ll probably just WvWvW with my Hammer/Great Sword build and farm karma lol)

Some interesting things that came to mind:

1. Pure Zerker Builds
Screwed. The guys that went pure zerker had only Omnom Ghost to sustain them.

2. Viability of all classes/builds with this nerf?
I personally ran Great Sword / Axe/Axe in Fractals. I always have 32~38% damage reduction so I know I’m beefy enough, but Omnom Ghost was still always a huge part of the set up.

3. Ranged builds rise?
I posted a thread about how ranged warrior was a solid build because your distance is your survive mechanism and you can maintain constant DPS… perhaps they will become more used? Who knows…

4. Warriors in General
Regardless of glass cannon or tank, ranged or melee, most people relied heavily on crit foods. Not only warrior builds, but other class builds have been decimated by this. What do you guys think will be a new way to spec/trait?
Which leads me into…

5. Sonic Boon Build
I honestly thought this build was utterly useless. In my opinion, those few heals weren’t that great (except to learn about shout ranges and positioning with your party). With the recent patch, do you think this build will become more common?
Or, will the small heals still be considered relatively worthless?

Overall, I’m honestly not too bummed out. I’ve been focusing more and more on Hammer/Greatsword WvWvW builds and have been having a blast (up to 850k karma now lol). I guess I’ll continue with that until things settle down and some people rise out of the ashes to create the next generation of builds

Stay strong warriors! Don’t abandon ship! There is still hope yet!
… and don’t re-roll Guardian >:P

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

A lot of Viable builds broken with no compensation, no changes to most things.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Sito.6352

Sito.6352

Personally I hate this patch already. Even with all the fixes and polish they did to various parts of the game, I’m sad about the food changes. Last week I was still running like a mainstream dude with a GS Sonic Boon build and it started to get really, really boring. So I tried out Axe/Axe with Omnom Ghosts. It was so..much..fun! And now I’m forced to revert to another build already. Full zerker: nope. Sonic Boon: lame and boring. What else which is viable for end-game content? (Fractals 30-40+)

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I will be standing in LA on top of Mystic Toilet and screaming:

Attachments:

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Disturbed.9305

Disturbed.9305

I have no issues with this patch at all.

I’ll still be running around with my Rifle/Long Bow build in place and having fun.

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: fastdriver.6948

fastdriver.6948

Thats it I quit! I was waiting for warrior changes this patch but well…devs are hating warriors.The only use of warriors right now are as supports with that silly shout builds.I am gona take a break untill warriors can 1v1 again.

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: LeMiranda.9026

LeMiranda.9026

Did they just delete the 50+ replies post regarding patch notes just now?! You now, the one were devs were getting tons of love…

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

They did.. /15char

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Sanny.1270

Sanny.1270

no changes, just as expected. the omnom nerf isn’t a big deal, i run zerkers with out them and still will.

Second To God ~ 80 Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/user/T3hSanny

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: LeMiranda.9026

LeMiranda.9026

Anyway, at least now we know what they do with the feedback around here… they had plenty of it concerning bursts which are still a huge joke compared to other profs’ F1~ etc. and the trait lines are still wrong in my opinion; still like my warrior, but these guys ain’t helping at all… whereas they barely bothered tweeking the warrior other profs are grinning all around Tyria.

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Like they care..Its time to move away from this game. They don’t even bother to write why they leaving us at bad spot, just a few words.. – too much work i guess

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Liltaro.6341

Liltaro.6341

Warrior

Healing Signet: Reduced low-level healing for this signet without changing healing at higher levels. This signet now heals for 12 points at level 2 instead of 25 and then scales up to heal for 200 points at level 80.

o_O

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Fourtyfives.6297

Fourtyfives.6297

no changes, just as expected. the omnom nerf isn’t a big deal, i run zerkers with out them and still will.

Same; dodging and knowledge of fight mechanics is what keeps berserker gear viable.

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Warrior

Healing Signet: Reduced low-level healing for this signet without changing healing at higher levels. This signet now heals for 12 points at level 2 instead of 25 and then scales up to heal for 200 points at level 80.

o_O

Thanks for that! I had to go recheck patch notes to be sure.

I was expecting that one too since with the proper set-up, you were immortal from lvl 2-30. I’m sure it’s still potent though but will be weary how I advise Warriors lvling in the future.

PS: Can’t you just be happy that Engineers got some love? They had been underfoot for quite some time and now they get their time in the sun, huh?

(edited by Leo G.4501)

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have only one level 80, my Warrior and I’m fine with the changes. Of course I would have loved to see more (bug fixes, buffs) but really, that food was overpowered.

Post-Patch Talk

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

This doesn’t affect warriors alone, my flamethrower engineer get’s a BIG hit from this too. This is a gigantic nerf too him and I am not sure if I am going to continue buying exotic gear for him.

This game has sick amounts of aoe and burst, look at the necro well spam and aoe from ele’s. Get caught in that and even my 3.4k armor warrior almost insta dies (can dodge roll out with a shiver of health). This game has 0 dedicated healers, so the damage dealt compared to the heal potential was broken, omnoms made a bit up for it. Now they are gone and to not make fights to be over in less than 2-5 sec (mostly the initiating team wins), they have to do a damage nerf across the line or a heal buff across the line…

Worst patch I have seen in game history.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU