PvE Solo DPS Guide (Updated Aug 5th, 2015)

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

In this updated version you are more focused on solo play than before, right? What do you think of Scholar Runes in an organized party (dung/eotm)?

My question is really if I should put strength runes instead of my scholar ones! (I don’t think I will make another ascended set to have both.)

The thing is, you will always be using phalanx in groups. If you’re the other warrior then yeah you could go scholar for more damage, but you should be gearing yourself up assuming optimal conditions. Gearing yourself to assume suboptimal party compositions is pointless in my opinion.

Warriors are able to run phalanx along with taking the majority of their damage modifiers now (ridiculously overpowered in my opinion, I think phalanx should be nerfed).

The extra might duration from strength runes is absolutely necessary for phalanx builds, as all of our attributes was moved out of our traitlines. This means that all of the boon duration we got from tactics trait lines is gone.

So in short, you’ll want strength runes now. I suggest you maybe transfer the scholar set to another character if it’s ascended (like a guard or maybe save for revenant) and maybe consider getting another one for your warrior. Afterall… we can convert all those garbage ascended chests we’ve saved up from fotm now

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

in Warrior

Posted by: Fingolfin.6917

Fingolfin.6917

ty for updating this awesome guide.

What do you think about Dual Wielding instead of Furious? isn’t this a great damage modifier for the axe auto attack while waiting for 100 Blades CD?

I understand that the intend of furious is to get full adrinaline asap so that you can get Berserkers Power but I have the felling that I already gain adrinaline to quick so that my Evicerate is this on CD when my bar is full.

And one last question: to swap the build to PS, which tree would you change to Tactics? Arms or Discipline? I guess you would skil Discipline and Fast Hands, right?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve thought about Dual Wielding before and have tried it, but to be honest it seems that camping GS overall tends to be the better option even with fast hands at least from my personal experience.

Sometimes swapping is better, sometimes it isn’t. Eviscerate does deal higher damage than arcing slice though, so it’s not necessarily a bad thing to be swapping weapons. Just keep in mind that even if you have GS rush on cooldown, you can dodge in between attacks to maintain Stick & Move anyways.

What I tend to do is when I have most of my GS skills on cooldown and know Berserker’s Power will end soon, I’ll swap to axe/mace because of Versatile Rage, so I can do a quick F1 to maintain the 20%.

By the way, if you don’t take Furious then you need to be constantly swapping weapons to maintain Berserker’s Power and that’s not always a good thing. You don’t want to use your burst skill unless your adrenaline is 100% full otherwise you won’t get 20% extra damage, but instead 15% or less. I’ve tried playing without Furious before and there’s always a few moments where you lose Berserker’s Power unless you constantly swap weapons off cooldown, which makes for a messy rotation that feels overly-pressured.

Also you will want to be using Arcing Slice over Eviscerate most of the time to maintain fury.

As for your last question… it depends on the encounter. If you’re doing a boss fight that is high pressure and doesn’t die really quickly, then I suggest you opt for fast hands with Burst Mastery. If it’s a super short fight then I suggest you take Arms instead of Discipline because you can begin the fight with mace 4, swap to GS and stay on it until the encounter ends. It’s all about knowing when and where you’ll need to swap.

in Warrior

Posted by: GreyerSkies.6287

GreyerSkies.6287

Hi Miku, thanks for the update and awesome guide.

One thing I think might be worth a mention in the “utilities when banners aren’t needed” section is the new Frenzy, which gives 5 Might stacks as well as Quickness and a stunbreak, and no longer has the +25% dmg received.

I always slot this in place of “For Great Justice” now, personally. I could be overlooking something though (it does have a long cooldown).

in Warrior

Posted by: cryorion.9532

cryorion.9532

Hey Miku, thanks for your great guide! I would like to ask you one thing.
What do you think is good sigil choice for day time dungeons/fractals for greatsword? There are like CM and HotW (except Arah – sigil of undead) + some fractals I would like to use it in, but I am not sure which one. I assume one of them will be sigil of force. What about sigil of bloodlust? Thanks for reply.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Is it still possible to do light orbs on arah p3/4 solo? (berserker gear)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Hi Miku, thanks for the update and awesome guide.

One thing I think might be worth a mention in the “utilities when banners aren’t needed” section is the new Frenzy, which gives 5 Might stacks as well as Quickness and a stunbreak, and no longer has the +25% dmg received.

I always slot this in place of “For Great Justice” now, personally. I could be overlooking something though (it does have a long cooldown).

It’s definitely an option now, I will test it now that it’s changed as well and add my input later this evening. Still though for longer fights, it’s guaranteed that signet of might would be better and that’s because it’s providing you with an additional 180 power for the entirety of an encounter whereas frenzy is only providing you with a few seconds of quickness once in a minute’s worth of time.

So basically I agree with you that for a very short encounter it’s certainly worth using, but this guide’s mostly about solos… so I mean, I feel that it would be ill-advised of me to tell everybody to start using it. Quickness is good, don’t get me wrong, but I can’t think of too many bosses off the top of my head I would care to bother soloing that take a minute or less. Brie from Arah p2 comes to mind, but I wouldn’t use it at her either because it would result in a lower eviscerate spike before she hits 50% hp.

Thanks for the post, it definitely has gotten me to think more about that util. Like I said above, I’ll check it out

Hey Miku, thanks for your great guide! I would like to ask you one thing.
What do you think is good sigil choice for day time dungeons/fractals for greatsword? There are like CM and HotW (except Arah – sigil of undead) + some fractals I would like to use it in, but I am not sure which one. I assume one of them will be sigil of force. What about sigil of bloodlust? Thanks for reply.

You have a few options. You could take your Arah GS and swap the sigils according to what path you’re doing (I sometimes do this), you could use sigil of frailty for additional vuln stacking (might be a lot better now considering you lose out on rending strikes in one of the two main PS builds now), you could make an entirely separate GS with force+air sigils, or you could I guess just have nothing.

I do not suggest you use bloodlust sigils either way because it’s my opinion that warrior should be frequently swapping weapons when ooc to contribute to blast fields, chain blocks, etc. For example I frequently swap my GS with longbow when ooc so that I can use arcing arrow when my friends put down a smokefield, or perhaps when prestacking might with an ele I’ll be able to quickly blast with longbow then swap back to GS. If you do this with a bloodlust sigil you’ll just lose your stacks immediately. For what it’s worth I consider the sigil a pointless inconvenience that’s only good for attempting records in dungeons, and nothing else.

Is it still possible to do light orbs on arah p3/4 solo? (berserker gear)

It’s possible to solo in berserker gear now ONLY if you use executioner’s axe toy. If you do not, you need cleric’s gear.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Hey guys I added a second build link to the first post. I like that website way better than intothemist, so I felt it necessary.

The intothemist link actually won’t even let me edit that guide lol.

Something I want to clarify with everyone is something I just talked about with my friend – I don’t like random quickness happening during my rotation because of the shortened evade frame on whirlwind and shortened block duration from riposte, as it can easily screw things up in the rotation… however!!!

It is the best option as far as DPS is concerned. Adrenaline gain is fast enough with Furious itself, but it is not fast enough without furious and with just Burst Mastery. This is important to keep in mind.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve updated the consumables portion on the fourth post to include “Plank.” It’s an uncommonly known consumable that’s brokenly overpowered, in my opinion, as it has a knockback, a launch, and a knockdown (for warrior). The skillset is is apparently different on other classes however, as they aren’t the same skills on my elementalist. You can drop the bundle as well so other classes can pick them up!

Also I want to post to remind everybody that the trait in arms “Blademaster” is completely useless for soloing because it doesn’t work for Riposte (sword #5). When equipped with the trait, the tooltip says that the cooldown is reduced from 15 to 12 seconds but it doesn’t actually change the cooldown itself. This is a bug. Until this trait is fixed, it’s impractical to choose (not like our other options here are too great either way tbh).

Be mindful of that guys. Also, we need to keep reminding Anet about how they forgot Inspiring Banners! It was supposed to get merged with Inspiring Battle Standard or become baseline, but they forgot about it. ._.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I updated my light orbs solo guide video that’s linked on the 2nd post.

The description of the video’s details:

“So I made my other video from about a week ago private because I’ve found out that medical packs are in fact not needed at all, and the reason for that is because a friend of mine reminded me of dwayna runes (thanks Quaggan, you da best!).

These provide regen instead of an additional amount of health restored after using a healing skill, which was kind of useless before because we were already able to hit full HP from defiant stance.

The small amount of regen that you get after activating defiant stance helps provide just barely enough extra health to survive one extra pulse from the orb to make it to the end, but the problem is that you still need ~1500 healing power to do this.

I have tested it from around 1100 to about 1500 and the only times I was able to succeed were with 1500+. If you can’t hit this number then I’m afraid you’ll have to resort to using medical pack consumables!

As shown in the video, however, it is still possible to solo orbs on warrior in full berserker with absolutely no trace of healing power to be seen… if you have an executioner’s axe toy. That’s the only way!

I’ve seen this asked on the forums a few times since the specialization update and been asked on stream and in whisper while ingame a lot, about whether or not it’s still possible to do. If you’re one of those persons that I refer to, then I hope this helps you out."

The video itself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TABcZm6ruhE

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutLaww.5164

LieutLaww.5164

Quick question for you Miku (love the guide btw) I may have missed it looking through the guide but what stats should i be looking at on my armour ?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Berserker stats

in Warrior

Posted by: LieutLaww.5164

LieutLaww.5164

Thanks is it only worth worrying about armour stats once you hit 80 ? or try to head in that direction as you level ?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

You won’t find leveling up in open worlds engaging enough to warrant concern over your gear and traits at all and you shouldn’t concern yourself with it too much. What I would do is every 5 or so levels just buy blues/greens off the trading post if you really want to make sure you’re properly set up. Any more often than that would just be a nuisance.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Hey guys, I was asked a few questions in abundance lately so I will post my answers here for anybody that likes to keep updated with when I make changes.

1) What sigils should I use in daytime dungeons if night+force is not applicable?
The short answer is that you should have multiple weapons if you want to optimize. If you don’t want to do that, then you could take the safe route and go force+air because we don’t need accuracy sigils at all due to very high precision, and frailty is kind of terrible in a solo setting because vuln only becomes more and more helpful to maintain in a group setting. What I like to do is run with force+X slaying and interchange sigils depending on what will work (for example, force+justice in CM).

2) Since we can hit the 100% critical chance sometimes already wouldn’t Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup be better than Truffle Steak?
I actually edited my intothemists guide for this one. As written there:

There are some situations in which Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup (+100 power +70 ferocity) is technically optimal, but in order for those situations to be the case you will need to be in a level 80 zone and also be pre-casting signets before an encounter for extra precision during a fight. Since this scenario is kind of unrealistic and also because the price of the food is more than double that of Truffle Steak while barely giving even a fraction of a percentage better of DPS, I can’t recommend it.

3) Why take Inspiring Battle Standard over Brawler’s Recovery? Wouldn’t the condition removal be really helpful?
Yes, the condition removal is indeed helpful! If you can remember to, there are sometimes encounters where it’s better to take. The reality is that you most of the time don’t need condition removal so for general purposes, it’s not really all that important. I can give a perfect example of where it’s better to take Brawler’s Recovery though – in Arah P4 at the Lyssa priestess. Being able to swap weapons to remove 50+ stacks of confusion is way, way more helpful than regen from banners is.

4) Wouldn’t Blademaster be a good trait to take over Deep Strike in Arms so that you have reduced cooldown on sword block?
Sure that’d be nice if it actually worked. The trait is currently bugged and works for all sword skills except riposte for some strange reason. #JustArenanetThings

in Warrior

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

I just finished your guide Purple Miku and I am happy with a lot of the results. I just got my warrior to level 80 and it is very strong and viable.

I am learning how to run Arah P2 solo, eventually p3 too, but I seem to have trouble with Belka, the first boss of P2. I do everything your guide says regarding traits and utilities, but I seem to somehow die near the end, even if I hide to recover with healing signet passive. I use signet of might, fury, banner of precision, signet of adrenaline.

Another thing, I noticed one of the traits you suggest to use is the one that grants might when you use a healing skill. Ironically enough, I feel like it doesn’t sync well with a passive signet that you want to keep up so that it can constantly heal you. Would another trait be more viable, implying you want to never use up the signet?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I read through this topic and didn’t see anything regarding what I’ve asked.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Well remember that on post 2, there’s some useful utilities that I’ve mentioned that you can take for when straight up damage isn’t quite enough. It’s possible to do Belka without, but should you need to you can run out of combat and run back quickly before she resets. You can take “Shake it off” for when you’re far enough distance that you know you’ll be out of combat, to remove the burning and run back in promptly afterwards.

Also remember that Belka’s attacks all can be dodged… and though it is “random” when she will use her knockback skill, you can count attacks for it and guess and it will normally work out in your favor. From my personal experience she usually does it after 5-7 burning arrow shots on average.

As for the traits… yeah see the problem is that there is nothing relevant in many cases. At the very least, you can pre-cast the healing skill at the start of an encounter for +100 precision from signet mastery. No other traits matter there, because you don’t use physical skills nor do you need fall damage reduction. This is the problem with the specialization update, as it makes it so that we are forced to take less substantial traits a lot of the time just to get ones we want. Fewer options means greater chance of this happening.

in Warrior

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

Well remember that on post 2, there’s some useful utilities that I’ve mentioned that you can take for when straight up damage isn’t quite enough. It’s possible to do Belka without, but should you need to you can run out of combat and run back quickly before she resets. You can take “Shake it off” for when you’re far enough distance that you know you’ll be out of combat, to remove the burning and run back in promptly afterwards.

Also remember that Belka’s attacks all can be dodged… and though it is “random” when she will use her knockback skill, you can count attacks for it and guess and it will normally work out in your favor. From my personal experience she usually does it after 5-7 burning arrow shots on average.

As for the traits… yeah see the problem is that there is nothing relevant in many cases. At the very least, you can pre-cast the healing skill at the start of an encounter for +100 precision from signet mastery. No other traits matter there, because you don’t use physical skills nor do you need fall damage reduction. This is the problem with the specialization update, as it makes it so that we are forced to take less substantial traits a lot of the time just to get ones we want. Fewer options means greater chance of this happening.

Thank you for your response. I actually beat belka today, but I had to stop at abomination. Playing while one hand is recovering from an injury is a hassle, though I felt the need to test certain things.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Well one step at a time is the best way to approach this, as you will need to be able to do everything consequently in order to progress to the next part every time you decide to try soloing a path.

Abomination is actually the easiest boss in the whole path, so hopefully it goes well for you then. Feel free to ask for advice again should you get stuck again!

in Warrior

Posted by: Operator.6523

Operator.6523

Hi Purple, I was wondering if you had any written text or videos on optimal or near optimal rotations with GS + Axe/Mace

I’m assuming the rotations on Dulfy are outdated because of the Berserker’s Power change?

(edited by Operator.6523)

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I’ll try to record one for you but it depends on what build you’re running.

In terms of varying traitlines/specializations, there is just one solo build and for phalanx there are two.

Solo:
strength/arms/discipline

Phalanx
strength/tactics/arms
strength/tactics/discipline

The rotation between these will obviously vary a lot. For the solo build also it will vary depending on whether or not you use heightened focus or burst mastery. For the sake of coming up with a repeatable rotation, it’d be a lot easier to record one with burst mastery due to the fact that the quickness can kinda mess it up.

In the meantime I recently uploaded a solo video for Korga in Arah P1 on warrior, but it’s using GS + axe/sword instead of mace. I will get around to making a rotation video for mace offhand and when I do I’ll post it, but for now hope this can help:

As you can see there are some things I am prioritizing. First of all, aside from the fact that I use hundred blades + whirlwind at a specific time in it and always try to have my riposte block out for a specific attack (the punch), you can see that I’m always trying to make sure that my endurance isn’t full, I’m only using burst skills at 100% adrenaline, and always want to maintain berserker’s power.

Additionally there are certain attacks like GS #5’s rush that have high damage coefficients so they’re always worth using over autoattacks for damage.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Warrior
Blademaster: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from reducing the recharge of Riposte.
Signet of Might: Added a description for the unblockable effect caused by this skill.
Berserker’s Power: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from functioning when used with the longbow burst skill Combustive Shot.
Rampage: Lowered the duration from 20 seconds to 15 seconds. Increased the recharge from 150 seconds to 180 seconds.

Hell yes.

Now all we need is for them to fix the fact that they forgot the Inspiring Banners trait and we’re all set to go!

in Warrior

Posted by: Forrick.7416

Forrick.7416

Whats your Opinion on the Two-Handed Hammer. Im new to GW2 and have got my warrior to 50 and have really liked the Hammer so far. Does it just not compare in anyway to the other options?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Whats your Opinion on the Two-Handed Hammer. Im new to GW2 and have got my warrior to 50 and have really liked the Hammer so far. Does it just not compare in anyway to the other options?

Hammer is great in PvP and WvW but very inefficient in PvE. I understand why you may like it, as it has a lot of crowd control utilities, but the reality is that it has very inefficient damage output comparatively to that of greatsword and doesn’t contribute to any offensive buffing.

As my guide is geared towards optimizing DPS in a solo setting, I don’t recommend using it because quite frankly it’s very bad in PvE :P

That said, if you’re new to GW2 I still encourage you to use it while you level just so that you understand its weapon skills! In fact, experiment with all weapons. You may find that even though you know it’s not the best to use, you still like it and want to use it. If this is that case that would be perfectly acceptable, provided you are respectful of others when you start to play with groups.

in Warrior

Posted by: viperziv.6034

viperziv.6034

Thanks for the guide!
I got a question tho, i’ve seen some videos of yours SOLOing Arah but i wonder, is it possible to SOLO AC (any path) right now?
i’ve been trying P3 but couldnt manage to do so :s

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Thanks for the guide!
I got a question tho, i’ve seen some videos of yours SOLOing Arah but i wonder, is it possible to SOLO AC (any path) right now?
i’ve been trying P3 but couldnt manage to do so :s

On a warrior? I doubt you can solo P1 burrows on warrior but P3 is probably possible. I don’t know because I don’t really do AC unless on ele 99.9% of the time. I guess I could try it sometime to see.

EDIT: Just tried and got to about 68% before failing on AC p3 burrows with warrior. It might be possible but it’s really annoying, I’ll try it again with ember/ogre pet/mortar kit sometime to see if it makes a difference.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Excellent news everyone!

Due to the fact that Element no longer actively plays warrior, I will now be taking up the responsibility of maintaining and updating the guide on du;fy.net, found here:

http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comprehensive-warrior-pve-guide-by-element-and-purple-miku/

The guide is very long and I have only begun tonight (so far at the time of posting this message I have modified the introduction and the descriptions for both greatsword and axe mainhand weapon skills only), so it will take a lot of time to get through the whole guide.

This will be a much better way for me to provide detailed information to help aspiring warrior players!

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Hey all I’ve added a quick video to the guide on the first page showing a general rotation for offwall GS + axe/mace using strength/arms/discipline, furious and heightened focus.

The video can be found here:

It will also be in the dulfy guide for warriors.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

After hours and hours and hours of work, I have finally brought the warrior guide on dulfy up to current day standards. Check it out!

http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comprehensive-warrior-pve-guide-by-element-and-purple-miku/

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaybs.5670

Kaybs.5670

Fantastic guide. I (a new player) started using this on my Warrior, and it’s greatly aided me in being able to contribute to Fractals, Dungeons, Events, and really everything else PvE. I was just wondering, because I’ve been having trouble finding anything explicitly written online, which dungeon paths Warrior is supposed to be able to solo? Is it just Arah 2? I’m looking to find one of those to practice so that I can get better at managing my own life, because right now I rely on my allies to get me up again an embarrassing amount of the time. I figure that I’ll start to learn if I have no recourse in those situations.

Thank you for all your hard work!

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Thanks for the feedback and glad the guide(s) have helped!

Warrior is capable of soloing AC story + path 2 for certain, but I’m pretty sure it’s impossible for warrior to solo the burrows in path 1. It might still be possible to solo the timegated event in path 3 + the last boss, but it might require some sketchy tactics because of the NPC at the end being bugged.

Warrior can solo all CM paths no problem.

Warrior can solo all TA paths no problem aside from Aetherpath, which is impossible to complete with less than 4 players.

Warrior can solo all SE paths.

Warrior can solo CoF story, but cannot solo CoF paths 1 and 3. Path 2 might be possible, but I’m uncertain if the bombs event can be done fast enough with warrior and uncertain if the defend magg event is doable alone. I personlly never cared enough to try it.

Warrior can solo all HotW paths.

Warrior can probably solo CoE story, but cannot solo the explorable paths specifically because of the laser deactivation part before the golem boss that’s in all 3 paths and would not be able to solo the consoles in path 1 or the destroyer boss in path 3. If it weren’t for the lasers, it would be possible for warrior to solo path 2.

Warrior can solo Arah paths 2, 3 and 4, but path 1 is not possible to complete with less than 4 players due to the tar boss.

Hope this helps.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaybs.5670

Kaybs.5670

Thank you so much! Yes, that’s extremely helpful. I’ll start my work right away.

in Warrior

Posted by: WingADDER.4395

WingADDER.4395

I have just started back after months of not updating my warrior. Thanks for updating these new training, traits, utilities and etc. At least I won’t get lost lol. I really appreciate it. Keep it up bro

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I have just started back after months of not updating my warrior. Thanks for updating these new training, traits, utilities and etc. At least I won’t get lost lol. I really appreciate it. Keep it up bro

You’re very welcome!

Be sure to ask questions if you have any and to check out the dulfy guide if you want more in-depth warrior information!

http://dulfy.net/2014/06/28/gw2-comprehensive-warrior-pve-guide-by-retaliate-rt/

in Warrior

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Purple are you a PvE-only expert? If so, who is the go-to on wvw & pvp? I have played this game from the start and your guides are gospel as far as I’m concerned.

Thanks for all your effort.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Hey, sorry but I don’t really pay attention to any people that play WvW or PvP at all. I don’t have the faintest clue who there would be considered a good player in those gamemodes.

Thanks for the compliment though, glad you’ve found my guides helpful!

in Warrior

Posted by: pvtmiller.2641

pvtmiller.2641

Wouldn’t taking Burst Precision be better in arms, for the 100% critical hit chance, rather than just some condition damage?

in Warrior

Posted by: pvtmiller.2641

pvtmiller.2641

And also, wouldn’t burst mastery be better than heightened focus?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Burst Precision is hardly ever needed because it’s assumed you’re making use of the Signet Mastery trait and with that, 100% fury uptime and ~50% banner of discipline uptime you should be able to crit just about 100% of the time unless you’re being downscaled. It doesn’t really matter, no traits at that tier in the traitline really make any difference other than if you’re running sword off hand you can use Blademaster.

Burst Mastery is only better in a solo setting if you are struggling to maintain Berserker’s Power, which you shouldn’t be if you have Furious unless it’s a boss that frequently requires you to stop attacking for whatever reason or if you need to dodge very often to evade huge attacks constantly.

As far as straight damage is concerned Heightened Focus + Furious is the best combination, which is what I put in my first post notes.

Burst Mastery is not a bad trait, it’s just up to the warrior to be able to determine whether or not it should be used. By default, stick with Heightened Focus.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

I’ll try to upload some more warrior footage showing both burst and DPS and hopefully some new solo content soon.

Starting out with a short revisit to this. Big numbers :# https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MboKKRRnWAI

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Okay so Berserker is STRONG. Like, really strong.

I’m going to test it on a few bosses in Arah right now. Will post more later.

EDIT: Meh, I’m having mixed results but it seems pretty strong on Lupicus. It’s going to take a lot of testing and I probably won’t have clear results until after the expansion launches because my beta character doesn’t have all the stuff I want to test with like embers/ogre pets and stuff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Eddie Mo.7169

Eddie Mo.7169

New to the game, just gonna leave a comment here to get back to it later

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Well then welcome to the game, hope you’re having fun thus far. Post again if you have any questions that you need answered!

in Warrior

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

You know how mesmer uses double sword (eg. sword/pistol & sword/focus)?

Has anyone considered double axe build with dual wield agility?
Same trait setup for the most part, except dual wield agility instead of furious, and weapon swap to gain adrenaline. Use Axe+axe for maintaining fury (which you’ll need to make up for the loss of arcing slice) and then axe+sword/shield/mace/warhorn depending on your needs.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

You can do that but it’s drastically weaker than with GS + axe/X.

The reason I don’t recommend it is because there isn’t really any situation in which it’s better. Of course that doesn’t mean you can’t do it, but pure axe builds were worse DPS than greatsword builds even before the june specializations update and that update widened the gap even more.

in Warrior

Eddie Mo.7169

Hey I wonder what I should do to my weapon’s unused infusion slots?

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Well I personally just use versatile infusions for AR, but if you wanted to you could do either power or precision infusions and it wouldn’t be bad either way. The difference in DPS that they provide is less than 1% and you won’t notice it either way.

Ultimately I don’t suggest bothering with infusions unless you’re super rich and have nothing else to care about, but generally speaking precision would be better in lower level dungeons due to the downscaled crit chance and power would probably be best in higher level ones. Like I said though… less than 1%.

in Warrior

Eddie Mo.7169

Thanks, is it the one that says +5 power and +5 AR? And what’s the difference between regular and versatile infusions? They both say +5 power and +5 AR.

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

What I meant was I just use versatile agony infusions to have enough AR, I don’t bother with the extremely expensive infusions that add attributes.

Either way, there are versatile attribute infusions and regular attribute infusions and the versatile ones will work for both defensive and offensive infusion slots whereas the regular ones will only work on the slot corresponding to the type of attribute. For example a precision infusion would only work in an offensive infusion slot but a versatile precision infusion would work for both offensive and defensive slots.

in Warrior

Eddie Mo.7169

Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it