Reconsider greatsword damage nerf

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

When critical damage was swap to ferocity, we already lost some dps. Then strength rune was nerf from 7% to 5%. Now with the lost of adrenaline out of combat, warriors will start off with lower dps due to lack of beserker power bonus. So I think it’s so disappointing to nerf 100b and whirlwind damage by 5% more. Considering how most other classes got some major buffs esp mesmer’s scepter auto attack has torment now (which I think is OP). Do we really need to weaken the warrior further? I hope Anet will hold off on nerfing greatsword damage and let’s see how the adrenaline change will affect warrior class as a whole. Besides, most spvp warriors uses hambow. Greatsword warriors need more love not nerfs.

I really hope Anet will hold off on nerfing greatsword damage. Then all the new changes to warriors won’t seem so bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Carter.1034

Carter.1034

You should also consider the major buff to arcing slice previewed in the Ready Up. It may or may not make up for the 100b nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: Thaelias.7432

Thaelias.7432

It won’t make up for it. The damage on arcing slice is only considerable if the opponent is below 50% hp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

To be honest I don’t think the nerfs are unwarranted. A 6/5/0/0/3 Zerk GS Warrior is still going to have personal DPS through the roof in PvE right? You’ll just have to play a bit harder to keep it at an untamed level. I think the changes to SoR will have more of an impact.

For PvP though, Arcing Slice is looking like it will have a taste of what Eviscerate is able to do if it nails someone. A nearly 6k crit on foes with less than 50% health with no might – definitely seems like something you’d want to dodge.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

To be honest I don’t think the nerfs are unwarranted. A 6/5/0/0/3 Zerk GS Warrior is still going to have personal DPS through the roof in PvE right? You’ll just have to play a bit harder to keep it at an untamed level. I think the changes to SoR will have more of an impact.

For PvP though, Arcing Slice is looking like it will have a taste of what Eviscerate is able to do if it nails someone. A nearly 6k crit on foes with less than 50% health with no might – definitely seems like something you’d want to dodge.

I can almost hear the qq on the wind…

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The nerf has minimal impact on warriors in group settings (~3% DPS loss) but huge impact on soloers like myself.

There has been nothing but nerfs for the warrior for soloing in PvE since I’ve started GW2 over a year ago.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

There has been nothing but nerfs for the warrior for soloing in PvE since I’ve started GW2 over a year ago.

That should tell you something about how far above the bar they’ve been operating.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Warrior

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

To be honest, I welcome the change to GS. Before if the enemy could get out of your burst, the GS lacked the real finishing power. Sure it was already good weapon to keep up to the enemy, but it was really hard to do any meaningful damage with it alone.

Now with the change to burst you will have better chance to hit the last nail on the coffin of you poor enemy with Arcing Slice.

I always liked the GS as an utility weapon. Now it’s even more that as it has a potential to be a finishing weapon as well, at least into some extent.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in Warrior

Posted by: Apparition.1576

Apparition.1576

Who cares about a slight nerf to do PvE?

Q: Will this affect your speed clears?
A: No

Q: Will this affect your effectiveness to run dungeons/fractals?

Q: Will this cause longer ques for you in dungeon runs?
A: Heck No..

My point is that the DPS associated is minimal. Greatsword is a mobile weapon and should not be confined to Passive Adrenaline with all your DPS associated with a single skill. I understand your frustration with having a nerf to your class/build but this is honestly a step in the right direction for Warriors.

I am sure that in time you will come to agree with me..

One day.. all of you shall submit to the Flame Legion…. to me… I AM BLADABOS

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

A: yes

A: yes

Q: Will this cause longer ques for you in dungeon runs?
A: Heck No..

My point is that the DPS associated is minimal. Greatsword is a mobile weapon and should not be confined to Passive Adrenaline with all your DPS associated with a single skill. I understand your frustration with having a nerf to your class/build but this is honestly a step in the right direction for Warriors.

I am sure that in time you will come to agree with me..

Fixed. A 5% reduction will affect speed clears and dungeon runs, minimal as it may be.

Sure as hell not gonna be in any -less- demand, cause of it, and wise use of the Arcing Slice might shave seconds off mandatory trashmobs.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

To be honest I disagree with this nerf to base damage on warrior greatsword. This nerf feel totally off. What make GS strong is a combination of traits and especially 1 trait which is forcefull greatsword.
This is the one and only trait in game that provide might on crit without ICD. Just Add a 1 second ICD to this trait, without touching to GS base damage and PvE GS warrior will be balanced.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Warrior

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

To be honest I disagree with this nerf to base damage on warrior greatsword. This nerf feel totally off. What make GS strong is a combination of traits and especially 1 trait which is forcefull greatsword.
This is the one and only trait in game that provide might on crit without ICD. Just Add a 1 second ICD to this trait, without touching to GS base damage and PvE GS warrior will be balanced.

agree

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If warrior damage in your opinion goes through the roof I would love to hear your definition for the current FGS damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

I love the condescension dripping from this.

I don’t know, maybe PvE players?

“I want to clear this dungeon as fast as possible and now I deal less damage.”

Does this affect speed clears? Well of course it does, genius.

I deal less damage. Therefore I am less efficient.

I understand your frustration with having a nerf to your class/build but this is honestly a step in the right direction for Warriors.

“It’s a step in the right direction because I said so”.

No, it isn’t. Bad in PvP, balanced in PvE, balanced in WvW. And yet they nerf the damage of two of the skills. Because clearly if they kept that 5% GS would be overpowered and format warping.

It’s already balanced. Sticking an ICD on Forceful Greatsword basically means “delete your greatsword and never use it again”. The use of the weapon in PvE has an enormous reliance on this trait.

How is GS not balanced, by the way? It makes a big number but does DPS on par with other classes regardless of this big number, so where is the issue?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

If warrior damage in your opinion goes through the roof I would love to hear your definition for the current FGS damage.

Well, I’m sure the math has been done at this point but 5% off of a 35K HB chain is almost 1.8k damage ( even less if you calculate in the unaffected final hit) , and like 600 off of a 12k whirlwind. I use GS in Soldier’s gear so imagine how I feel about losing 1.2k ish damage lol. My opinion of FGS is prolly right there beside yours in that it possesses one of the strongest skills in the game at this point.

Some people have suggested that next patch it will require a target – which would suck especially for how it plays in WvW. I’d be curious to see what effect having movement skills cancel early if they can’t move a set distance would have on the dungeon meta. Not sure the player reactions would be that pleasant though..

in Warrior

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

You can have the 2nd best maneuverability in the game,
or the best AOE burst in the game.

Pick only one please.

in Warrior

Posted by: DrOrange.9230

DrOrange.9230

But ilr..warriors NEVER have been nerfed..how can they cope?

in Warrior

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Even though I’m not loosing any sleep over this warrior nerf, I can’t say I love it…

I like PVE, I like doing dungeons with my warrior.

Loosing adrenaline outside of combat? I doesn’t seem too unfair to be honest; I kinda hope it brings more variety, with builds that don’t rely on Berserker’s Power for example, while still being efficient.
Damage nerf on the GS? Not a fan, I wish they left it the way it was, but hey we’ll manage…
Nerfing the Signet of Rage on the other hand seems unwarranted. I mean it’s the only good Elite we have (or had), was it really necessary to make it 5 seconds (16,67%) shorter? :-s

In several threads, people were defending the nerf by saying that other classes have it worse (worse elites, worse survaivability, less balanced this, less balanced that…).
I can sympathize, but I think it would have been better to improve those classes instead of fixing stuff that wasn’t broken.

Also, the “buffs” the warrior is receiving feel a tiny bit like a slap in the face, in the sense that some of the stuff they boosted will keep not being used by anyone in any situation…

My 2 cents on the issue.

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

While I can agree with some of the damage of 100 blades being shifted to the last strike I don’t think warrior greatsword damage was what most people complained about.
Really the problem had by most people with warrior greatsword was the fact that whirlwind & rush could be abused to run away from the fight.

This effectively allowed warriors to run away from fights using the same tools they got into them with.
It also kind of counters the idea of warriors being strong front line fighters that get into a fight & finish it.
What your left with when you see a warrior using a greatsword is the thought “oh great he is going to run away like a wanabe thief the second things don’t go his way.”

in Warrior

Apparition.1576

I love the condescension dripping from this.

I don’t know, maybe PvE players?

No, PVE players associates 5% damage reduction from one skill as a 5% damage nerf to DPS

“I want to clear this dungeon as fast as possible and now I deal less damage.”[/quote]

Less damage with one skill

Does this affect speed clears? Well of course it does, genius.

No a 5% nerf to 100B will not affect any speed clears from groups.

I deal less damage. Therefore I am less efficient.[/quote]

I deal less damage with hundred blades but a harder hitting burst skill… there fixt for you.

I understand your frustration with having a nerf to your class/build but this is honestly a step in the right direction for Warriors.

“It’s a step in the right direction because I said so”.

It is a step in the right direction because of the points I mentioned. Either way I’m sure these types of comments won’t change anyone’s mind about the class

No, it isn’t. Bad in PvP, balanced in PvE, balanced in WvW. And yet they nerf the damage of two of the skills. Because clearly if they kept that 5% GS would be overpowered and format warping.

How does nerfing a useless PvP skill to fix broken BURST skill bad for PvP or WvW? This change won’t even be noticed in PvE at all

It’s already balanced. Sticking an ICD on Forceful Greatsword basically means “delete your greatsword and never use it again”. The use of the weapon in PvE has an enormous reliance on this trait.

How is GS not balanced, by the way? It makes a big number but does DPS on par with other classes regardless of this big number, so where is the issue?[/quote]

I agree for once, ICD on forceful greatsword makes absolutely no sense..

in Warrior

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Can we just hurry up and split pvp/wvw/pve skills, who cares if the devs think there’s people out there too slow to adapt to the differences srsly -_-

in Warrior

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

No, PVE players associates 5% damage reduction from one skill as a 5% damage nerf to DPS

The first 8 hits of 100b and 4 hits of WWA represent about 51% of a pve warrior’s coefficients every 30 seconds, so this nerf is more or less a 2.55% dps nerf over all. So instead of assuming what you think pve players associate, why not find out?

I deal less damage with hundred blades but a harder hitting burst skill… there fixt for you.

The harder hitting burst skill isn’t relevant in almost any instanced pve. It’s only a dps increase, (and a 1.3% dps increase at that) if you can land it twice against a boss at the below 50% threshold before it dies. This might be relevant in fractals, but hardly ever in dungeons. Either way, it’s a net loss for warriors in pve.

How does nerfing a useless PvP skill to fix broken BURST skill bad for PvP or WvW? This change won’t even be noticed in PvE at all

Because greatsword pretty much sucks in tpvp, and adding this burst skill buff won’t make it meta for a variety of reasons. So the change is irrelevant in pvp, and a nerf in pve and probably irrelevant in wvw too. It seems like a net loss.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

in Warrior

Posted by: Diba.4682

Diba.4682

Concerning 100B:

I honestly just want another ability slotted in its place. I am speaking from a PvP perspective of course, but even in PvE I find a few problems with it.

First off, the fact that you have to stand still is a disadvantaged in itself. At least when the mesmer uses blade flurry they also are immune to everything, which can be done every 12s? Granted they need it more, but there is almost no mistake in using it… not for warriors. Standing still in pvp is a great mistake, should you cast this ability you are stuck for at least 1sec before interrupting yourself which is plenty of time for them to take advantage. This is not a problem in and of itself but in light of the following…

Next, in order to keep the pressure with a GS you need to use 100B effectively. This means stun or immobilization. The problem with these is that any really good pvp build/player I have sparred with has easy condition removal. I just cannot get them to hold still even with 1h sword immobilize and quick switch to 100B. Bull rush/ Bolas/LB pinned down become a problem for nearly the same reason. So usually I cannot get more than 2-3 strikes.

In short, using 100B makes the warrior very vulnerable to all sorts of attacks, while not having a great reward to make it feel worth being vulnerable for. There are plenty of other abilities that have instant burst dps without having the risk factor involved which is why, I believe, GS are losing their place in PvP.

So now they are nerfing it? Though many say it will be balanced with the new arcing slice, I do agree, but the ability seems already pointless to use. I rather it be done away with and exchanged for a more practical ability. OR changed considerably to make it more practical and helpful.

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

As much as it may hurt warriors with this nerf, I don’t see it being a major issue.
Will DPS be down a bit? Yes. Will speed clears take a bit longer? Yup. Will Beserker GS meta no longer be viable? Nope not in the slightest. The same things were said about the change to ferocity and beserker gear nerf. Beserker GS warriors were supposed to disappear, and a new meta was supposed to arise out of their ashes like some sort of phoenix. As it is now, after the ferocity change, beserker gear change, and the rune changes (that were also supposed to make beserker warriors obsolete) beserker GS warrior is still arguably still the highest DPS in the game. Lowering this ~5% with the GS isn’t going to change that.

So aside from a few extra seconds to dungeon run, which probably won’t be noticed much unless you are timing for a record or something, nothing will really change. Things will continue on as normal, and beserker warriors will rule the world.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

As much as it may hurt warriors with this nerf, I don’t see it being a major issue.
Will DPS be down a bit? Yes. Will speed clears take a bit longer? Yup. Will Beserker GS meta no longer be viable? Nope not in the slightest. The same things were said about the change to ferocity and beserker gear nerf. Beserker GS warriors were supposed to disappear, and a new meta was supposed to arise out of their ashes like some sort of phoenix. As it is now, after the ferocity change, beserker gear change, and the rune changes (that were also supposed to make beserker warriors obsolete) beserker GS warrior is still arguably still the highest DPS in the game. Lowering this ~5% with the GS isn’t going to change that.

So aside from a few extra seconds to dungeon run, which probably won’t be noticed much unless you are timing for a record or something, nothing will really change. Things will continue on as normal, and beserker warriors will rule the world.

This change will not so anything to the status quo in either pve, wvw or pvp. In this case, why even nerf it? I get my kicks out of pushing how high I can push my hundred blades and now it’s getting nerfed FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Warrior

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

@maha

Why nerf it? Because too many whiners thought warrior was OP and hundred blades was OP. Which of course is not true. While pushing HB to the the limits, apparently too many people thought is was a cheap OP mechanic in PvE because it allowed a warrior to do large amounts of burst damage at once and thats unfair because they want to do the same with a bearbow ranger, which apparently isnt fair. I know its stupid, but thats what happenes when too many people whine about something stupid.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

@maha

Why nerf it? Because too many whiners thought warrior was OP and hundred blades was OP. Which of course is not true. While pushing HB to the the limits, apparently too many people thought is was a cheap OP mechanic in PvE because it allowed a warrior to do large amounts of burst damage at once and thats unfair because they want to do the same with a bearbow ranger, which apparently isnt fair. I know its stupid, but thats what happenes when too many people whine about something stupid.

so true

in Warrior

Posted by: adormtil.1605

adormtil.1605

While I can agree with some of the damage of 100 blades being shifted to the last strike I don’t think warrior greatsword damage was what most people complained about.
Really the problem had by most people with warrior greatsword was the fact that whirlwind & rush could be abused to run away from the fight.

This effectively allowed warriors to run away from fights using the same tools they got into them with.
It also kind of counters the idea of warriors being strong front line fighters that get into a fight & finish it.
What your left with when you see a warrior using a greatsword is the thought “oh great he is going to run away like a wanabe thief the second things don’t go his way.”

Finally someone understands well sort of I like whirlwind it was like a third dodge to me actually I could not care less about the other changes(except for the fact that they made the riffle worse) but this I just taught it was a mistake and he used something eIse I asked if it was true but nobody answered but this proves that what I saw was correct. You see I loved my tactic with it and because everybody wants balance and loves pvp and WvW(there is LoL and tens of other simillar games if you want that) they had to remove it and make it less fun and awsome because of balance kitten your balance.

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

What make GS strong is a combination of traits and especially 1 trait which is forcefull greatsword.

and put the last nail on GS coffin in WvW/PvP.
not just GS but also Arms trait line in a whole.

the ideas in this forum these days……………….

in Warrior

Juba.8406

so why you dont qq about thief fleeing ?

at least you can see the warrior all the time, you can see him moving away from you, if its a thief/mesmer you dont know if he ran away or standing behind your back.

in Warrior

Apparition.1576

so why you dont qq about thief fleeing ?

at least you can see the warrior all the time, you can see him moving away from you, if its a thief/mesmer you dont know if he ran away or standing behind your back.

Don’t talk about thieves or mesmers abusing stealth in the forums. The forums will break from the massive influx of QQ spam…

Well, maybe we are safe since we are in Warrior chat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Honestly though, 5% is nothing, and this is coming from someone who plays greatsword zerker maybe more than any of my other chars

It does seem random, but honestly I don’t think you’ll even notice it,
The adrenaline change however…

in Warrior

Apparition.1576

Honestly though, 5% is nothing, and this is coming from someone who plays greatsword zerker maybe more than any of my other chars

Exactly… the adrenaline change will affect PVE more than a measly 5% from hb. By PVE im referring to your speed clear times and your group damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

You have to see it from a broader view. It’s more than just 5% since the change to Ferocity occur. The warrior damage has been nerf significantly in the last few major patches. 10% damage nerf from Ferocity change, then 2% nerf from Strength Rune. Now 5% on Greatsword. That’s a total of 17% nerf since the introduction of Ferocity.

My point is there is no need to nerf GS damage further esp with adrenaline change, it will overall affect more dps loss for warriors. Nerfing GS 5% is adding salt to the wound. I think Arena should hold off on the nerf to see how adrenaline change affects warriors in game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

The majority of players in gw2 are warriors. If there is something wrong with what Anet will implement it is bound to get fixed as quick as possible.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

The majority of players in gw2 are warriors. If there is something wrong with what Anet will implement it is bound to get fixed as quick as possible.

What sort of proof do have to back up either of those statements?

in Warrior

Reborn.2934

unfortunately anet don’t know the game and creates exploits on every patch.

the problem was not the 100b by itself , but the trait forceful greatsword that gave on every critical one might … so with a full cast of 100b a warrior earn 8 mights in 3 seconds + 5 mights from signet of rage + 3 mights from great justice + 3 mights from battle sigil + mights from strength rune ++++ = 25 stacks of might that remain on the char ( +45% might duration from strength rune ) and final + 5% damage under effect of might from strength rune again !!!

this situation created a char , heavy armored , with the most power in game ,and guess what . this situation will remain after the next patch !!!!

this is wrong and it is the first time i see so many changes ( runes , sigils ) create so many exploitations in game .

april’s patch should be a patch balance , not a patch to create more exploits ….. oh no , they nerfed the boon stacking and they screwed fire aura and cleansing bolts …. big balances ….. eh ?

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Warrior

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I think overall sustained dps with warrior wasn’t the highest, but it wasn’t bad either. A little toned down dps is fine if you consider that you have the highest armor/hp and have to dodge less than other classes. Less faceroll (no, not really) and there are sill banners and other useful utilities. This thread looks like a bunch of 16 year olds who lose a bit of dps of their favourite class.

I remember when I started my warrior about 2 years ago. I already played: Ranger, Thief, Neco, Guardian, Engineer and Mesmer. So I was astonished by the uber skills of the warrior.

It’s ok if they bring all classes in line of each other.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Warrior

Juba.8406

the problem was not the 100b by itself , but the trait forceful greatsword that gave on every critical one might … so with a full cast of 100b a warrior earn 8 mights in 3 seconds + 5 mights from signet of rage + 3 mights from great justice + 3 mights from battle sigil + mights from strength rune ++++ = 25 stacks of might that remain on the char ( +45% might duration from strength rune ) and final + 5% damage under effect of might from strength rune again !!!

this situation created a char , heavy armored , with the most power in game ,and guess what . this situation will remain after the next patch !!!!

this is wrong and it is the first time i see so many changes ( runes , sigils ) create so many exploitations in game .

april’s patch should be a patch balance , not a patch to create more exploits ….. oh no , they nerfed the boon stacking and they screwed fire aura and cleansing bolts …. big balances ….. eh ?

sorry but you know nothing.

the last thing i want is PvEers break what ever left of the GS and Arms trait line.

your talking like warrior is the only profession who can generate might (NOT), its on Crit on melee range, look at how eles or guardian generate might!!

how about you come PvP/WvW and see how forceful greatsword work, if you did deliver a full 100b to an enemy then clap clap you r the best player and you indeed deserve that might.

other professions dont need to hit the enemy to gain might let alone Criting them in melee range.

(edited by Juba.8406)

in Warrior

Reborn.2934

the last thing i want is PvEers break what ever left of the GS and Arms trait line.

your talking like warrior is the only profession who can generate might (NOT), its on Crit on melee range, look at how eles or guardian generate might!!

how about you come PvP/WvW and see how forceful greatsword work, if you did deliver a full 100b to an enemy then clap clap you r the best player and you indeed deserve that might.

other professions dont need to hit the enemy to gain might let alone Criting them in melee range.

enjoy the conversation : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-vs-War-no-comment/first#post4362614

and yes . i have send almost all my 100b any time i am using it because i will use it when i creat the situation to deliver all the 100b on my enemies with my warrior .if you or anyone else can not …. it is your problem.

again on patch notes and on topic . the 100b is not the problem , not the trait but the stacking mights from the sigil and rune of strength when someone using it with specific traits/builds ….

because i don’t know nothing and you know everything, the bloodlust sigil adds 250 power in 25 ( full ) stacks or the corruption sigil 250 condition damage . let me play with full stacking mights that gives me 875 power + 875 condition damage SAME TIME ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might )

for the history , i am not a rune of strength user/ buyer. i am not stupid to buy something that affects only me and with a cost of a fortune (13 gold each one = 78 gold all the set : http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24714 ) . the same results ( 25 mights ) i can have it with 4 privateer runes and 2 altruisms , that generates 3 +3 area mights in the first 10 seconds of the fight , with 20 seconds recast for another 6 mights + 10% might duration + 20% boon duration from food ( = the same might duration as hoelbrak ) . far better combination for all situations in game . from roaming to zerg fights

p.s. excuse me

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

To quote myself, “after the feature patch the only professions with lower DPS than warrior will be Necro and Mesmer.” No further nerfs are necessary or good. Middle tier DPS will become bottom tier and let’s leave it at that.

in Warrior

Apparition.1576

To quote myself, “after the feature patch the only professions with lower DPS than warrior will be Necro and Mesmer.” No further nerfs are necessary or good. Middle tier DPS will become bottom tier and let’s leave it at that.

Patch hasn’t dropped yet bro.. there is no way you could even remotely make those predictions. But regardless, I still don’t necessarilly look at this as a nerf to Warriors Damage with greatsword.

We can only speculate at this point but our burst ability is getting a fix. I still predict the adrenaline nerf will affect your dps much more than the change to hundred blades.

in Warrior

hybrid.5027

Patch hasn’t dropped yet bro.. there is no way you could even remotely make those predictions. But regardless, I still don’t necessarilly look at this as a nerf to Warriors Damage with greatsword.

We can only speculate at this point but our burst ability is getting a fix. I still predict the adrenaline nerf will affect your dps much more than the change to hundred blades.

What do you think we don’t know? We know what the nerf to the greatsword damage is. We know what the new Arcing Slice coefficient and cast time is. So the question is what don’t you think we have figured out?

in Warrior

Apparition.1576

Show me your data from your calculations? Oh, you have none.

Fine, then you can just show me the video with the in game data? Oh forgot, that doesn’t exist either.

Conclusion: You are purely concluding this based off of your speculation with no data, research, or sources to back you. So just chill and wait for the patch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Show me your data from your calculations? Oh, you have none.

Fine, then you can just show me the video with the in game data? Oh forgot, that doesn’t exist either.

Conclusion: You are purely concluding this based off of your speculation with no data, research, or sources to back you. So just chill and wait for the patch.

Actually, you don’t know what data our guild has. We know exactly what warrior dps is currently. We know exactly what it will be if you remove 5% from WWA and the first 8 hits of 100b. We know exactly what the coefficient of Arcing Slice below 50% is, and we know the cast time.

For what it’s worth, the GS nerf is a 2.55% over all DPS nerf. Assuming you use Arcing Slice on cooldown as soon as your boss hits 50%, and can land 2 or more hits, that turns into a net 1.3% dps increase. The net result of all this is that in most dungeon content you won’t get to use Arcing Slice 2+ times against most bosses and it will function mostly how Eviscerate does now.

The sum total of these changes is a net loss of DPS. If there are more changes in the patch notes we don’t know yet, great, but right now with the information we have it is what it is.

Feel free to drop by our public theorycraft forum at www.dtguilds.com if you want to participate in informed discussion.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

in Warrior

Juba.8406

enjoy the conversation : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-vs-War-no-comment/first#post4362614

and yes . i have send almost all my 100b any time i am using it because i will use it when i creat the situation to deliver all the 100b on my enemies with my warrior .if you or anyone else can not …. it is your problem.

clap clap then you deserve that might.

gurdian can get 12 stacks of might with a press of button and also get healed, eles pops might.

again on patch notes and on topic . the 100b is not the problem , not the trait but the stacking mights from the sigil and rune of strength when someone using it with specific traits/builds ….

so now 100b is not the problem and forceful GS is not the problem what next Warrior is the problem ?!

because i don’t know nothing and you know everything, the bloodlust sigil adds 250 power in 25 ( full ) stacks or the corruption sigil 250 condition damage . let me play with full stacking mights that gives me 875 power + 875 condition damage SAME TIME ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Might )

i dont see the problem here, other from PvE its hard to keep 25 might all the time unless you are built specifically for this.

20% boon duration from food

magic find food ?!?!?

far better combination for all situations in game . from roaming to zerg fights

WHAT ?!

p.s. excuse me

just a word of advice the world does not revolve around you, just because you use Forceful GS against a stationery dungeon boss does not make it OP.

even in PvP a full glass warrior or wvw Gank squad warrior mostly does not use Forceful GS they use Slashing power, the only thing Forceful GS is good at other than pve is wvw roaming.

warrior Arms trait line is the worst line we have if it wasn’t for Forceful GS and attack of opportunity no warrior will bother with it, you know a trait line is bad when the minor trait is better than all the GM traits it got.