Shout Builds (PvP)

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Here’s the build.

What is the Shoutzerker? The Shoutzerker is a build in the spirit of the Shoutbow build adjusted to utilize the Berserker elite specialization for the purpose of having superior offensive pressure while attempting to maintain strong staying power in team-fights.

Despire using Mace/Torch in place of Longbow, the Shoutzerker also has a fire field and a blast finisher on its second weapon-set. In addition, it gains 2 dazes (one of which blinds, bleeds, confuses, and cripples) and a 3-second stun which gives maximum adrenaline. The Shoutzerker also has more adrenaline burst-gain, an extra stun break, a stability proc on stunk break, and pulsing stability while in berserk mode. That’s a lot of stability uptime!

The on-demand access to stability and quickness via berserk mode can make the Shoutzerker an ideal build for stomping foes and reviving allies, and the pulsing stability makes the Shoutzerker a harder target to lock down, has synergy with Head Butt by being able to negate its own self-inflicting stun, and can cover the activation of “To the Limit!”

My only real qualm is that superior Superior Sigil of Cleansing isn’t a part of PvP yet.

Edit:

Based on Josh Davis’ response in one topic and subsequently his creation of another topic, I think there’s a safe chance of us getting the Zealot Amulet (1200 Power, 900 Precision, 900 Healing Power) as an option in PvP, so I put together another shout build.

This variant makes use of Cleansing Ire and the recent buff to the Warrior’s shield skills while forgoing Disciple (and subsequently Fast Hands) but still taking advantage of the Berserker elite specialization.

Here’s the non-Berserker elite specialization variant.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

highly interesting and nice build. since shout has ho stability that allows to fight in close , you combined berserker’s stability with shout. And for condi cleasne you use warhorn plus shout. I see many possibility here. The problem i see now is that you will get bursted down wjen it comes to team pvp via mic by being targetted cuz of no endure pain and shield block. Buut it can be use-able in soloq where not really such premade exists.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

(edited by online.1278)

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Velimere.7685

nice build. since shout has ho stability that allows to fight in close , you combined berserker’s stability with shout.

Exactly! It works pretty well in my experience.

And for condi cleasne you use warhorn plus shout. I see many possibility here.

I can also cleanse via weapon-swapping, Flames of War, and Savage Instinct.

The problem i see now is that you will get bursted down wjen it comes to team pvp via mic by being targetted cuz of no endure pain and shield block.

I have decent vigor uptime (~60.6%), Superior Sigil of Energy procs, weakness application, 1 block, and several disables. I’m not as tanky as other bruiser builds, but I do alright.

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

even with settler ammy you kind of need shield + rousing resilience to survive against burst comps and you are even missing e-pain

I really doubt that you provide so much dmg that it’s worth to sacrifice all that survivability – at the same way I really doubt that it’s worth to take this instead of a scrapper,reaper,revenent,chronomancer or what no so

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: Roan.5194

Roan.5194

Why no Shield instead of WH?

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilHero.1248

EvilHero.1248

Why no Shield instead of WH?

due to the recent shield buff, when traits u can 3 sec block every 20sec and a 16sec CD shield bash.

Edit: warhorn got nerf pretty badly, when anet unnecessarily remove the trait where u convert 1 condition into boon. to me i dont think this change is justified at all… Constant nerfing over the years, really puts warrior 6 ft underground

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Velimere.7685

@dominik @Roan @EvilHero

I updated the OP with 2 more builds in light of recent developer responses.

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

A few weeks ago, I’ve tried a berserker shout build, using Defense, Tactics and Discipline. While my build choices were often similar to yours, I did prefer:

• Using a sword, to retain utility (mobility, cripple, immobilize) as well as some damage burst combo (Axe F1 → swap → Sword #3),
  • Using Rousing Resilience rather than Cleansing Ire, equipping Balanced Stance instead of Fear Me. The abundant stun breakers made sure I could trigger the trait regularly (and it triggers with Balance Stance without breaking from stun anyway). Cleansing Ire brings condition cleanse and adrenaline, but both aspects were already fulfilled in the build.

The build did okay, proving adequate to fight conditions. However, despite the Berserker amulet and the correct might stacking capabilities, its damage was too low against all the bunkers of the current era. Losing Strength unfortunately means losing a lot of modifiers (Berserker’s Power, Stick and Move in general, and Forceful Greatsword and Peak Performance for the GS/Rampage). I’ll give another try if/when we get the zealot amulet, to see whether an offensive support warrior is viable.

I’ll try your Berserker specialization variations when HoT arrives. However, Discipline, Defense and Tactics all seem mandatory in shout builds, and I’m afraid that the Berserker line, in its current state, will not be able to replace any of them in an advantageous way. Still, props to you for exploring this path.

Regards.

PS: Things I thought when writing this message:

• The current meta is a bad joke. A metagame implies that the builds it contains counter one another in a circular way (A >B > C > A), but in GW2’s case, the only thing that counters a celestial class… is a celestial class.
  • The naming “Berserker” for the specialization is annoyingly poor, as it collides with the naming of the amulet.

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

• The current meta is a bad joke. A metagame implies that the builds it contains counter one another in a circular way (A >B > C > A), but in GW2’s case, the only thing that counters a celestial class… is a celestial class..

I’m going to randomly drop in and nitpick that the definition of “meta” in regards to PvP simply refers to a state of play or strategy that evolves over time, and in no way actually requires a set A>B>C>A. Usually I see A>B>C>A balance referred to as RPS balancing. (rock paper scissors balancing)

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Shout Builds (PvP)

in Warrior

Posted by: Old Timez.5194

Old Timez.5194

New to PVP even though I’ve been playing GW2 since day one. Also using a Defence, Tactics, Discipline Shout build with GS/Rifle, in conjunction with either a Knights / Celestial. (Latter not making use of the condi damage though) Good success so far I feel like. Double shake it off with RR for 3k- heal, + Geno Sigil 3 cleanses / can also take brawlers recovery.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQJAREjMdYnH46B0hYQMo0feuvAMuD6JPDgh+BA-TJRBwA8PCAfLDA4CA84BAAA

3rd utility is up to what you want. However I usually run signet of might for the increased overall damage + unblockable when I need it.

When Berserker comes out I will try replacing it with tactics and using outrage/RR with cleanse on going Zerk as the replacements.