So far I'm not satisfied with Warrior damage. Does anyone have any advice?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I’m looking for some honest feedback.

Please no trolling.

If you don’t have anything constructive to add to the conversation, please just move along to another thread.

I digress…

I was toying with the build from this link:

-
I think 19k crits are a bit lacklustre… at least for my personal taste. I don’t care how “glass cannon” I need to be to accomplish this feat… I just need to get my damage higher.

MUCH higher.

I think of Warriors as the quintessence of damage in Guild Wars 2. Whichever profession holds second place in damage should be a very… very far second. I’m willing to make the sacrifice of disregarding any and all survivability to boost my damage. I want my Warrior to be a reckless, bloodthirsty exemplar of death.

I would greatly appreciate some feedback so I can get my damage higher than what my current hundred blades are doing. If anyone has any better damage builds than the one I linked above, please enlighten me. Thank you so much for the feedback.

Have a wonderful day.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in Warrior

Posted by: kinderghast.8501

kinderghast.8501

Well written, good sentence structure and very polite wording without being too obvious. Comes across as a little earnest perhaps, which might act in OP’s favour getting responses.

3/10

in Warrior

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

I think of Warriors as the quintessence of damage in Guild Wars 2. Whichever profession holds second place in damage should be a very… very far second. I’m willing to make the sacrifice of disregarding any and all survivability to boost my damage. I want my Warrior to be a reckless, bloodthirsty exemplar of death.

First and for most, your post shows a absolute lack of fore thought since you didn’t put it in the warrior sub forum. How you do something like that then have the the nerve to demand “no trolling” is kind of comical in my opinion.

Why should the class be what you think it should be. In my opinion, it is very elitist and egotistical to post such comments. It always appears that every “johnny come lately” wants to tell us what class X or class Y should be based on their perception of it.

So your demanding even more damage on the highest Hp pool, and highest armor and defense class in the game. It really appears to me as if you put no logical thought into the post at all. This is just my over all opinion though.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Warrior

Jasher.6580

-snip-

There are many competent theorycrafters/number-crunchers in the community. I don’t necessarily feel like I should limit the feedback I could get, solely to the Warrior forums.

Also… I’m not necessarily -demanding- more damage. I’m just wondering/hoping, that there is another build I could use that could “eek” out more damage than the build I posted above.

There is no reason to be so impassioned. I love high damage, and I love burst. I love my Warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Impassioned?

I have a right to be annoyed that I have to wade through profession specific topic, when there is a specific section for them. If that bothers you, I do not know what to tell you. That is why they moved your thread to the appropriate section for you. If folks want to theory craft about warrior damage they will go to the warrior sub forums. It is poor form to try to force it on everyone and clutter other sections of the forums. This thought process does not make me impassioned.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I have 80 Warrior and Thief, full exotics, 6billion kills blahblahblah.
Warrior is already the highest damage class on par with Thief.
The difference is Thief applies such damage in a shorter time span due to being fragile, while Warrior’s burst require more time due to the class being quite tanky (on the right build of course, hope you’re not one of those shouty Wammos).

Btw, HB is probably the worst way to deal damage.
Even when frenzied, any decent player will stunbreak out; that’s why you see zero HB warriors in non-noob sPvP/tPvP.
HB is really only good in WvW where you can hop into a zerg and get a few downed, or have a Guardian combo a pull followed by HB.

in Warrior

Posted by: Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

Acme Tux Serum Six.8520

19k crits are lackluster? That’s a guaranteed kill on half the professions in the game unless they’re building some ridiculous no-damage gear set.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

I lol’ed at the whole second class with highest damage and highest defense. Pretty much every class out there absorb as much or more damage then us. Even clothies. We do have the highest hp yes, but that hp goes down fast as the wind, even if spected to have high toughness.

We only achieve such high damage on very glass cannon classes played by players who are still inexperienced. HB everyone dodges as the combo is predictable like no other. Stances have too much of a cool down, in fact every utility we have got insane cool downs. So if the poster is happy with big numbers and dying a lot against a real thread. Good for him.

Thief damage imo is at the point where every melee class should be. They have stealth to make up a tiny bit for their glass bodies, which makes them rather balanced in a certain way. Specially since bunker builds will sponge that damage down to normal thread. Warriors on the other hand only get high numbers from going suicidal with attacks that everyone predicts. So yeah.

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

The idea behind the Warrior is not that they deal the most damage. That’s obviously not true, nor should it be. The idea is that they should offer the most reliability and the best sustained presence on the battlefield. Right now that isn’t true because the Warrior lacks a couple of skills to allow it to freely roam. In addition, its natural damage resistance is too low on resiliency builds. As far as glass cannons go, I think they’re fine, and in a couple of cases it needs to be reduced. The main problem is that the means to lay in that damage is not good, as the profession is oriented around sustained damage, and even then it has poor options since it’s so melee-oriented.

Really, you just need to make the Warrior more mobile. We need more build options other than Healing Shouts and Mobile Strikes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Wow…….. Even tho kinderghast kindly notified you that the OP was a troll, the rest of you all decided to get trolled anyways.

Anytime i see someone try to debate a troll, I imagine them shaking their fist and yelling at some random brick wall.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Warrior

Posted by: main character.5460

main character.5460

Here’s some honest feedback: stop making Youtube “guides”. This kitteneriously needs to stop. No one is going to watch a 5 minute video after seeing your glass cannon stats 30 seconds in. This also goes for all you people that make 15-20 minute “how to make money” “guides”. You’re not going to be e-famous, you won’t make “youtube money”, you’ll just kitten people off and get thumbs downed.

Learn to type, write up a real guide broken down into proper sections on the forums, and maybe then you’ll get respectable feedback.

in Warrior

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

I lol’ed at the whole second class with highest damage and highest defense. Pretty much every class out there absorb as much or more damage then us. Even clothies. We do have the highest hp yes, but that hp goes down fast as the wind, even if spected to have high toughness.

We only achieve such high damage on very glass cannon classes played by players who are still inexperienced. HB everyone dodges as the combo is predictable like no other. Stances have too much of a cool down, in fact every utility we have got insane cool downs. So if the poster is happy with big numbers and dying a lot against a real thread. Good for him.

Thief damage imo is at the point where every melee class should be. They have stealth to make up a tiny bit for their glass bodies, which makes them rather balanced in a certain way. Specially since bunker builds will sponge that damage down to normal thread. Warriors on the other hand only get high numbers from going suicidal with attacks that everyone predicts. So yeah.

Tell that to us Elementalists… You cannot complain about damage or survivability. Go play an Elementalist, then play your warrior. You will jump for joy.

On a side note, with 3000 armor we still die in 3 – 4 hits

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Warrior

Posted by: DragonMind.2983

DragonMind.2983

Otaur, you shouldn’t base survival on armor, as armors only are for show,
due to the very very low armor difference between the 3 types of armor.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Have you guys really watched the video?All his uber high crits were done to players either ressing someone, while in downed state, or when being surprised with bulls rush due to other fight going on.
And even then, they didn’t bother using stun break and dodge roll.
HB can make 100k damage for all I care.You learn to dodge roll and then come talking.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Well written, good sentence structure and very polite wording without being too obvious. Comes across as a little earnest perhaps, which might act in OP’s favour getting responses.

3/10

I think people forgot to read this post, as well. Quoting it for posterity, though I probably would have ranked it a point or two higher.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

This thread is pretty good evidence most warriors got bumped on the head one too many times.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

@Otaur: Lol…have you tried earth and water…bad people will always be bad, trying to play a class that got everything given to and comparing it to a class that got nothing and saying the warrior is better really makes you a bad player. Nothing that can’t be solve, is all in practice and common sense.

in Warrior

Jasher.6580

I still haven’t seen any suggestions on a better build. Just a few things to note… I don’t care about survivability or utility. I just want a lot of burst damage. I don’t care how gimmicky and situational it is.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

tbh warrior burst isnt going to get a ton higher than that, i’ve seen a full 100blades do about 25k. but thats not consistent.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Jasher.6580

25k? Incredible! Do you know which build he was using? I’d like to use that build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

its just a very straight forward build, i think its 30/30/0/0/10 or something.

possible 20/30/0/0/20

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Vice.5247

Vice.5247

You’re not really funny, op, you know that?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

Hey OP, use the sigil that grants power on kills in your off weapon set, and use either 5% damage or the crit causes might sigil on your greatsword. Use runes that increase your might duration, a pair of 3 set power/20% might works best imo.

he trick is to get as large a rolling set of might as is feasible, with a high enough crit rate, with greatsword..that is very doable. The highest 100B I’ve pulled off vs a player was 22k range. Though based on the initial hits on a target dummy in mists (it dies well before the full attack) I’d say vs the medium dummy, (your typical glass build has similar toughness), it would have done 27k. That was with a 25 stack of +10 power and a 25 stack of might.

I suspect this is a joke thread, just figured I’d add to the humor… because the damage can be even more ludicrous if you really push for it.

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

(edited by Ravnodaus.5130)

in Warrior

Posted by: DinesenDK.5067

DinesenDK.5067

OP: Your post was a great laugh.

The rest: I’m sligtly dissapointed that a post like this gets so much attetion when my Sword/Board & rifle thread only got constructive feedback from one – Shame on you. ;-)

I Expect some flaming, now that the concept of sarcasme can be quit hard to grasp….

in Warrior

Posted by: Hasek.6807

Hasek.6807

OP: Great troll is great. However your knowledge of the profession is pretty obvious.

This build is like you say glass and is not bursty (due to the lack of frenzy).
Yes you can stand still and crit downed people for 19k – While almost getting killed by downed players in the process. But for a spec like this to land a slow 100b like that on anything is next to, if not completely, impossible on anyone who know anything about the game.

I give your whine thread a 3/10. In the time of one 100b a thief can fire of 3-4 abilities far out damaging this + they can be invisible. However the full 19k crit of a 100b should be put in context with the ability itself, it’s 6 attack swings and you are rooted.

For WvW glass cannon warrior is not viable, at all, in my book. You lack survival, will die to the tiniest of aoe and you have no utility, all the while you have very little ways of avoiding dmg. Bad build is bad!

Now have some biscuits with your w(h)ine

Omx – Warrior – [JuG] Desolation

(edited by Hasek.6807)

in Warrior

Jasher.6580

attack swings and you are rooted.

You mean like pistol whip was?

Also, how am I trolling? I sincerely would like to improve my damage.