State of the Warrior (Discussion)

in Warrior

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

I have to answer this first:

And again, STOP comparing traits from one class to other classes, it is totally different, unless you want every class to be the same.

How do we decide which traits and skills are unbalanced, when we don’t compare them to other classes? Only because I compare some of them, doesn’t mean I want all classes to be the same, I only want that they get comparable benefits out of their traits. That’s all. And if there is a trait unbalanced between 2 classes I will say that even if it is not primarily a warrior problem.

For example, Cleansing Ire it pretty much mandatory for almost any build, which means you need to burn 20 in Defense right off the bat. Fast hands is pretty much mandatory as well for most builds so that is another 15 into Discipline.

I think this is a bad point to start with, because you can play a warrior without these traits, too. They are strong and boost sustain and/or offense very much. It would be the same to say every Necro plays a condition damage build, so we don’t need to balance the power based traits.

And now to you objections:

• Looks ok, only thing is that his damage boosts for high his damage weapons are in there (GS and Axe). Which isn’t bad, but compared to other classes, ranger for example has to invest 20 Points in a defensive traitline for 5% more GS damage. (no real warrior Problem) That is all fine and dandy except for the fact that almost no warrior in sPvP invests in strength because you need 20 in strength for it to be worth it, and we are pretty much locked deep into Defense and Discipline trees. It is a heavily underused trait line, even when compared to other classes. And comparing specific traits between classes is stupid. Rangers get 50% endurance regeneration just as a minor adept trait, what is your point?

As I said, that is not a warrior problem by itself. It’s a problem other classes have and it has to be fixed there. I just wanted to mention, that this could sound unbalanced if you compare it with other classes. And show that they need a fix, too.

• Deep Cuts (III):50% Bleed duration is isane. His Autoattacks apply 8s bleed (6s with rifle) and up to 12s bleed with #2-5I don’t think i’ve heard anybody call this trait insane, and it really isn’t considering condition warriors aren’t used in tPvP. 50% extra bleed duration in most cases is over kill because bleeds are often cleansed before you see the 50% take effect, unless of course you have no condition removal which is your fault. It is a sweet trait, but hardly overpowered.

Even if those 50% are never reached due to condition remove (not in PvE), the trait is stronger then the traits of other classes, because they only get +20% and have smaller bleed duration from their skills.

• Attack of Oppotunity (25): Not a warrior issue, but again compared to Necro, Engi and Mesmer it is stronger and with (trait 5) and a decent crit chance it’s nearly permanent, compared to Guardian, Ranger and Thief it is ok. I think the other 3 clases could need a buff here and maybe change the bleed with cripple? This trait is perfectly fine the way it is

As I said, not a warrior Problem, but look at the engeneer for example. He has the same trait at the same points to spend, but only gets 5% more damage. Unbalanced? Yes. Problem of the warrior? No.

What is bad about this trait is the fact that it is a 10% damage boost to the berserkers, because they apply bleeds like hell (trait 5) and not a condition build, because it boosts only their relatively low direct damage.

• Dogged March (II): 33% less CC is strong for a adept trait, with aditionaly regeneration. Maybe reduce it to 20-25%, regen is fine

Again compare it with Engineer and Ele , both have -33% Cripple, Chill and Immobilize with no regeneration as a Master trait (X and XI), sounds a bit OP to me. I don’t think 20% and regen is fair as a adept trait.

(edited by unleashed.8679)

in Warrior

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

• Adrenal Health (15): This heal is perfect, I cant understand, why the healing signet dont work like this, 400 health every 3 seconds Because 400 health every 3 second would be around 166 health per second, which would be worse then it was prebuff

As i said in my first post here, for PvP he needs this high amount of heal, but in PvE it is just ridicules. Other classes have a regen of far less then 100 hp/sec.

• Merciless Hammer (X): 25% sounds a bit too high. It could be because of a bad scaling with power? Almost nobody picks this trait over Cleansing Ire, which means you need to invest 30 into defense to pick up this trait. A fair tradeoff.

Just because there is a “better” trait in this line doesn’t mean it is balanced.

• Inspiring Battle Standard (XI): Would be ok, if Banners could be destroyed, but right now, this means 100% Regeneration uptime for the whole group. You are kidding right? Somebody complaining about banners being too strong? First of all, you have to invest 30 into tactics which is huge. Second of all, banners have a long cooldown, much longer than their uptime so it isn’t 100% uptime in regen. Third of all, with all the regen that is thrown around, you can get nearly 100% uptime on regen anyway.

Let’s compare them with rangers spirits, they have a 35% (70% with trait) chance to apply their buffs. Without grandmaster traits, they are as immobile as the banners, with this trait they follow you and die within AoEs. Right now there is no counter to warriors banners, because they can’t be destroyed, making them unbalanced in my opinion.

I think you can also compare them with guardians weapons and engineers turrets, they also deliver a good support for the group.

Edit:
I was thinking about the battle standard (elite), too.
I think it is too strong, compared to the other revive skills in game, especially the necro one, who is considered to bring life into dead bodies.
Huge radius (600 vs. 180), smaller cast time (2s vs 3s) and buffs for the party. I know it is an elite, but I think it is the strongest revive skill in game (for a class with the lore of being master of weapons and killing people).

(edited by unleashed.8679)

in Warrior

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Edit:
I was thinking about the battle standard (elite), too.
I think it is too strong, compared to the other revive skills in game, especially the necro one, who is considered to bring life into dead bodies.
Huge radius (600 vs. 180), smaller cast time (2s vs 3s) and buffs for the party. I know it is an elite, but I think it is the strongest revive skill in game (for a class with the lore of being master of weapons and killing people).

Banners should finnish downed players…

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

I´m not talking about balancing a single build, but the profession. And I don´t intend to groundnerf all of it but SLIGHTLY reduce the numbers involved.

The adrenalin thing however:
Thief SHOULD loose stealth when he fails his attack.
Mesmer does loose his clones when they fail to hit.
Ranger F1 goes on CD when it fails.
Warriors not loosing that adrenaline doesn´t make sense because dodging warrior F1 is basically useless.

“Ranger F1 goes on CD when it fails.”

F1 is pet auto attack , learn the class before you try to nerf something about it. I assume you mean F2. I don’t know if you realize this, but F2 is probably one of the most broken mechanics about the ranger pet. It goes on cooldown and doesn’t even go off sometimes as it is – it’s utterly broken. Oh, and I also forgot to mention – IT ALREADY DOES THIS. If you’re out of range, the f2 still goes off, it goes on full cooldown. IF the player blocks it, is invulnerable at the time, it goes on full cooldown. If you yourself even moves fast right after casting the f2 , it goes on cooldown because it’s broken and bugged to kitten.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Warrior

Posted by: Larynx.2453

Larynx.2453

Warrior is so mindless right now, I just got into the top 550 solo q spamming a single combo for 10 games. Bull’s rush, frenzy, hb, whirlwind, shield bash, eviscerate, and a few axe autos if they dodge some.

wat

Do you live in 2012?

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Warriors are brokenly overpowered right now, because:

• They have the best CC in the game.
  • They have the best cleanse in the game.
  • They have the best sustain in the game without speccing into it.
  • They have the best stability uptime in the game.
  • They can reach ridiculous critchances with amulets not featuring precision.
  • They have the best (or second best) mobility in the game.
  • They are insanely easy to play right now.

look, another 30/30/30/30/30 gs hammer lb mace shield warrior build
so epic overpowered.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Ouro.5846

Ouro.5846

Presently, Warriors have too many good tools available to them. As is, the typical sPvP/WvW Warrior build packs a ton of control and condition removal, which when coupled with a Warrior’s natural Vitaly and mobility creates a very strong character (especially in WvW where a Warrior can use consumables to become Godlike).

The solution isn’t easy though since the control is integrated into their weapons, and the point of buffing Warriors in the past was to make them desirable classes for sPvP/WvW.

That said, I would like to see some of the following changes:

- Endure Pain should be changed to a 90 second cool down to reduce how often players can become immune to direct damage.

- Cleansing Ire changed to a Grand Master trait because lets face it, very few, if any Warriors spec Spiked Armor. This in turn forces players to decide what they would like to defend against since they can no longer spec Defy Pain and Cleansing Ire .

- The leftover Spiked Armor can be swapped with Adrenal Reserves . Adrenal Reserves now becomes a Master trait.

- Pommel Bash changed to an ability that applies Weakness .

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Warrior is so mindless right now, I just got into the top 550 solo q spamming a single combo for 10 games. Bull’s rush, frenzy, hb, whirlwind, shield bash, eviscerate, and a few axe autos if they dodge some.

wat

Do you live in 2012?

I didn’t realize obscene damage, mobility, and survivability went out of style. Say what you will, but this old build has been buffed considerably due to new healing signet, berserker stance, and destruction of the empowered. You can still kill squishies as easily as ever, but now you can even kill tanky bunkers solo without dying. The fact that I got on the leaderboards as a war noob is testament to this.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Presently, Warriors have too many good tools available to them. As is, the typical sPvP/WvW Warrior build packs a ton of control and condition removal, which when coupled with a Warrior’s natural Vitaly and mobility creates a very strong character (especially in WvW where a Warrior can use consumables to become Godlike).

The solution isn’t easy though since the control is integrated into their weapons, and the point of buffing Warriors in the past was to make them desirable classes for sPvP/WvW.

That said, I would like to see some of the following changes:

- Endure Pain should be changed to a 90 second cool down to reduce how often players can become immune to direct damage.

- Cleansing Ire changed to a Grand Master trait because lets face it, very few, if any Warriors spec Spiked Armor. This in turn forces players to decide what they would like to defend against since they can no longer spec Defy Pain and Cleansing Ire .

- The leftover Spiked Armor can be swapped with Adrenal Reserves . Adrenal Reserves now becomes a Master trait.

- Pommel Bash changed to an ability that applies Weakness .

- 90 second cooldown for a skill that only lasts 4-5 seconds and doesn’t protect you from conditions…so basically make it so that it is never used again and becomes worse than launch.

- Cleansing Ire, wouldn’t effect Hambow builds at all so w/e, but it’s not really fair to any other spec and makes things very limiting. Try running just Cleansing Ire or just Zerker Stance, I guarantee you won’t do so hot vs either conditions OR physical damage. The whole point is that Warriors are supposed to counter condition spam, and you want to take that away?

-Bash, I don’t think I’ve EVER heard anyone complain about this skill outside of “darn you interrupted my heal, nice.”

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

wat

Do you live in 2012?

I didn’t realize obscene damage, mobility, and survivability went out of style. Say what you will, but this old build has been buffed considerably due to new healing signet, berserker stance, and destruction of the empowered. You can still kill squishies as easily as ever, but now you can even kill tanky bunkers solo without dying. The fact that I got on the leaderboards as a war noob is testament to this.

That just isn’t true. What makes Heal Sig good is the fact that you have a higher HP pool and toughness with soldier gear while locking down your foe which allows you to heal more while they aren’t attacking.

Running what you’re suggesting with Healing Sig would be less effective than using Healing Surge.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I think healing sig is better than healing surge in almost all cases because there is no opportunity cost since there is no cast time. You can’t be interrupted, and you’re healing for the same amount over time even while attacking and running away. And you can even use the active if you are about to die to a burn or bleed, and gs away to fully heal ooc. Not to mention you don’t have to worry about having to have full adrenaline before healing… if I need a heal now, I hardly have time to wait for my adrenaline to fill. The actual adrenaline fill from healing surge at no adrenaline is negligible since I’ll almost always have full adrenaline by the time eviscerate is off cd anyways.

Then again I’ve never actually tried healing surge. Like I said, I am a war noob.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

what do you think after the patch?

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

I think healing sig is better than healing surge in almost all cases because there is no opportunity cost since there is no cast time. You can’t be interrupted, and you’re healing for the same amount over time even while attacking and running away. And you can even use the active if you are about to die to a burn or bleed, and gs away to fully heal ooc. Not to mention you don’t have to worry about having to have full adrenaline before healing… if I need a heal now, I hardly have time to wait for my adrenaline to fill. The actual adrenaline fill from healing surge at no adrenaline is negligible since I’ll almost always have full adrenaline by the time eviscerate is off cd anyways.

Then again I’ve never actually tried healing surge. Like I said, I am a war noob.

Healing signet isnt just better than healing surge, the signet is better than everything else.
In 20 secs it heals 7840 points, nothing can reach this and the signet cant interrupt.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Healing signet is easily defeated by poison and spikes. It does not spike heal. It is a trade off.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

Healing signet is easily defeated by poison and spikes. It does not spike heal. It is a trade off.

Poison works against every heal not only by the healing signet, and spikes that can kill a warrior, without that he can use skills or other skills that reduce the dmg, exist only in WvW. Endure Pain and blocks are enough to overlife every spike.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

(edited by Black Teagan.9215)

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

as a new warrior and an ex ranger who plays wvw i say: nothing OP or UP if u see it alone. watch the traits, skills, weapons together. warrior have the best overview. if my ranger will get half of the candies what warrior got i will go back to play with my bowl of salad.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Poison works against every heal not only by the healing signet, and spikes that can kill a warrior, without that he can use skills or other skills that reduce the dmg, exist only in WvW. Endure Pain and blocks are enough to overlife every spike.

he will run out at one point – i should know – it’s happened to me.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

The difference with poison is with a spike heal you just need 1 condition removal right before you use the heal whereas with Healing Signet you have to cure each and every poison all day long. So at the end healing over time skills are indeed much more effected by poison than spike heals.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

State of the warrior? Well, if you mean ever class right now Envy’s warrior you get the point =)

in Warrior

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Overpowered and overpowered.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

What we have here is a class that was fine in WvW, great in PvE, and sucked in Spvp buffed to the point of being OP. Players who quit the class returned finally said it is balanced and forum wars and QQ began.

What we have now is a class that almost out classes every other class in every aspect of the game. That being said it seems Anet has realized the issue and is willing to re-balance the classes slowly. Only time will tell if things get any better.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: PizzaSHARK.2741

PizzaSHARK.2741

Like many classes, Warrior still has several Major and Minor traits that are pretty much worthless. There’s just no reason to run some of them. As for how to fix some of them, many just need some sort of addition to make them worth running on some specific builds so that you’ll be tempted to take them over others.

Terrible Major Traits
Strength
- Berserker’s Might
- Distracting Strikes (Although it can be good for a laugh in WvW)
- Powerful Banners
- Great Fortitude (All traits like these are really, really boring)

Great Fortitude really should be a minor trait. Powerful Banners… How much damage does it do, anyway? Probably not enough to make it worth having, not when Banners tend to have lengthy cooldowns, anyway.

Berserker’s Might would probably be good if Signet of Rage wasn’t comically overpowered.

Arms
- Furious Speed

Reduce the duration of the effect to 6 seconds and have it affect all allies within a modest AOE (900? 1200?)? Might make it an interesting choice.

Defense
- Vigorous Return
- Cull the Weak (No real reason to bring over Dogged March)
- [Arguably] Spiked Armor

I’d like to see Cull the Weak apply to all attacks made on the target, not just yours. Otherwise, for PvP I really don’t think there’s any choice but Dogged March at this tier; Dogged March honestly probably needs to be a tier 2 or tier 3 major trait, it’s that good. Spiked Armor seems kind of dumb – if you’re the burn target, they’re gonna keep pounding you whether you have Retaliation or not. If it’s just a skirmish… well, Retaliation is a great “don’t hit this guy, idiot” sign.

Tactics
- Shrug it Off

I disagree here. At worst, it’s a free stun break and condition removal for you and your entire team once every 30 seconds; it also interacts as a Shout for Vigorous Shouts, so it also functions as a heal.

Discipline
- Thrill of the Kill
- Mighty Defenses (No reason to take over other Adept traits)

Agreed here. Signet Mastery probably needs to move deeper or just be nerfed… or the signets themselves could be nerfed; either way, with how good some of our signets are, it’s way too cheap for the relatively large benefit it provides.

Useless Minor Traits
Tactics
- Reviver’s Might: gives ONE stack of might on revive, you could also say that the other 3 minor traits are also pretty “meh” as well

All of Tactics’ minor traits are pretty lackluster. Sure, you can revive 20% faster if you also pack Melandru runes, but for literally every other Warrior but one running Melandru runes… those bonuses are pretty kitten ed worthless.

Healing Surge is pretty good; the ability to instantly fill your adrenaline is pretty great, and it’s a great burst heal if you’re already sitting on full adrenaline.

The problem is that with Signet of Rage, getting and maintaining full adrenaline is completely effortless, so the versatility afforded by Healing Surge is more or less nullified.

(edited by PizzaSHARK.2741)

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

What we have here is a class that was fine in WvW, great in PvE, and sucked in Spvp buffed to the point of being OP. Players who quit the class returned finally said it is balanced and forum wars and QQ began.

What we have now is a class that almost out classes every other class in every aspect of the game. That being said it seems Anet has realized the issue and is willing to re-balance the classes slowly. Only time will tell if things get any better.

question causei think I missed something somewhere maybe it’s because I do genuinely think wars are balanced but that aside when did anet say they were going to nerf anything.

I mean I this past note we got 25% heal for shouts and 10% better scale for shout heal wars. yeah I guess combustion shot was kinda nerfed but lets be honest 180 radius for a lvl 1 burst skill is not that bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

no not reallythat would be about 2k (lets say 3k) heal 3 seconds each for endure pain and the shield block which can be interrupted. kinda pointless when you compare it to say adrenal heal which spike heals for 10k in less time and save me a weapon slot and a utl slot for what I would prefer.

(mend would be about 5k and heal 3 conditions) oh and endure pain won’t protect you from poison.

in Warrior

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

The current state of the warrior?

Well, either you can play weak builds and get pwnd or you play lame builds like condition heal sigend warrior while you are saying : " play lame get fame"

Its so ridicioulus. Iam forced to play weak builds, that I dont have to feel ashame.

Grimkram [sS]

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

question causei think I missed something somewhere maybe it’s because I do genuinely think wars are balanced but that aside when did anet say they were going to nerf anything.

I mean I this past note we got 25% heal for shouts and 10% better scale for shout heal wars. yeah I guess combustion shot was kinda nerfed but lets be honest 180 radius for a lvl 1 burst skill is not that bad.

Here

Jonathan, don’t you think Warriors are just a little over the top at the moment? Such as the amount of sustain available even when playing glassy? The mobility/escapes from the gap closers in sword/GS where most classes require targeting for those skills to work? How short the cooldown is on some of the cc? Zerker stance stopping all condi’s instead of negative duration (isn’t this a bug, if so why isn’t it fixed?)

I know you guys like to look at the metrics and let things settle… but seriously, it’s been months… Surely you guys are aware of how much this has also affected wvw with increased stats…

Thanks for the thoughts!

Yes, Warrior is pretty beefy right now, and can dish out strong aoe CC with some specs. We’ll have to watch to see if any counters crop up to deal with it in the next few weeks. I do think the build is strong, and we’re watching it very closely.

If you’ll recall, Berserk’s stance was brought in at a 6s duration (and very few people ran it), and then went to an 8s duration. This was enough to get people to start trying to make a build around it, and this lead to the current sustain/cc Warrior that’s so powerful right now.

That duration may need to come down, now that their traits align and give them VERY strong sustain due to multiple sources or regen. It’s working as it’s intended right now, but the duration is longer than it was previously.

TL:DR – We’re watching Warriors very closely right now and waiting to see how the meta adjusts.

And I never said nerf I said rebalance.

Edit:

The actual quote I was looking for

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for keeping things constructive!

The idea right now is to see how the current changes impact the meta, and then do another set of balance in an upcoming patch.

The trait facts were a lot of work, but the clarity they give you guys is VERY good for you. So we wanted to see if that would shake up trait builds at all in order to see how you guys adjusted. Once THAT settles, we want to make balance changes based off the meta at that time. We didn’t want to change all the trait facts and also add in a lot of balance changes on top of it.

We still did a lot of balance stuff, but we were careful not to go overboard with this patch. Just like we learned w/ the Warrior a few updates back, sometimes the meta can undergo drastic changes even if we do VERY little to impact the balance.

We’re planning on doing another round of updates to traits for every class (either changing #‘s, shifting tiers around to make more builds viable, or doing trait reworks), and we also have our eye on a few “apex” builds. But, again we don’t want to shave those too much.

Thanks again for the thoughts and feedback!

Chap + the balance tam

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in Warrior

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Considering everyone is rerolling/alt’ing a warrior I have to conclude they are totally balanced and not over the top at all in any circumstance.

“Gaudriann OR warior pls” threads all over the forums are yet another indicator that classes are perceived as being equally viable.

Plus you have to keep in mind warriors’ mobility, sustain, buff support and okay damage etc are balanced by the fact that warriors are super hard to play. Plus it totally fits the theme of the class as the unstoppable group support juggernaut.

Ele / Guardian

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Well, I realize balancing in this game is pretty dangerous.

One reason why warrior is now so strong is that in a sense it’s true that it has been overbuffed. But without the overbuff many builds which would have been strong even before the buff wouldn’t have been created.

Coming from personal experience, before buffs most people didn’t care about warriors and didn’t want them on their team. This means little effort was put into build crafting. Most warriors were pretty straightforward berserker builds (I remember videos saying “warriors are fine” while showing hotjoin heroes).

I could make effective war builds even before necro and warrior buffs, but when I played with guildies, they always felt those build weren’t serious ones.

Only with the buffs more people put warriors on their teams. This lead to more chance for experimenting. Warrs builds got perfected. And warrior is a class which benefits a lot with tweaking and optimizing stats. If you go full glass cannon or full bunker, you are going to be subpar.

Warriors’ resistance doesn’t come from active defences, but from stats. Sure, double endure pain can help you, but is not reliable.

What looked like a gimmick at first (Mace/GS) became OP. What looked like a laughable weapon (Hammer) became fearful aswell.

This in spvp. And it’s all IMHO.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Hedgehog in the fog.1053

Hedgehog in the fog.1053

Warriors are a model by which all classes should be held. They are viable through different specs. Most of their utility is good, most of their weapons are good.

They shouldn’t just nerf warriors. They should buff the other classes.

That being said: If you think warriors are not currently the best class in the game, you are delusional.

in Warrior

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

warrior is OP. discussion completed.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

This is a fact cause I said so! That’s how facts work!

in Warrior

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I´m not talking about balancing a single build, but the profession. And I don´t intend to groundnerf all of it but SLIGHTLY reduce the numbers involved.

The adrenalin thing however:
Thief SHOULD loose stealth when he fails his attack.
Mesmer does loose his clones when they fail to hit.
Ranger F1 goes on CD when it fails.
Warriors not loosing that adrenaline doesn´t make sense because dodging warrior F1 is basically useless.

Warrior f1 DOES GO ON FULL COOLDOWN if miss,blind,block.It does not lose his andrenaline only .Does a ranger lose the pet if the f1 misses too ?

No, but he loses full F2 iirc (F1 is the “attack my target” command, not a skill) . Also, when you’re the comparing a class that’s considered top tier in SPvP, WvW and PvE, don’t compare it to a class that considered lowest of the low in WvW and PvE.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Warrior

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

i think most people just dont understand because they are playing the class itself and barely actually playing any other comming from a necro/mesmer honestly warrior isnt so OP as everyone says but the CC kinda needs to be toned down its literally the only class that has CC from out of kno where like that and tbh there isnt enough stun breaks in the world to save you from it im sorry the ratio to stun=stun breaks sucks because our stun breaks are on atleast 30-48 sec cooldowns 60s if not traited for my necro so even if i bring stun breaks its just not enough period point blank.

So thats the only thing i think warrior needs a tone down on. idc they can keep that healing signet crap just tone down the CC i know everyone should agree on this.

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

CC kinda needs to be toned down its literally the only class that has CC from out of kno where

Out of nowhere? Earthshaker, Backbreaker and Staggering Blow all have very obvious animations, long casttimes and have the longest cooldowns of all warrior skills (20s, 30s untraited).

If those skills come out of nowhere for you, this is for most a l2p issue.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

CC kinda needs to be toned down its literally the only class that has CC from out of kno where

Out of nowhere? Earthshaker, Backbreaker and Staggering Blow all have very obvious animations, long casttimes and have the longest cooldowns of all warrior skills (20s, 30s untraited).

always a l2p issue with u warriors. when i can faceroll on the same stupid Lb/hammer build without much risk at all.. yea its definitly l2p.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

always a l2p issue with u warriors. when i can faceroll on the same stupid Lb/hammer build without much risk at all.. yea its definitly l2p.

They’re still all skills with huge precasts. When somebody comes flying at you with a hammer in the air perhaps you should realize that’s an earthshaker.

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

I’d like to see cleansing ire changed to 10% reduction on condition duration per adrenaline bar. Rather than removing conditions.

I would probably change seeker stance to 75% reduction. But I’d change pretty much every class to be SOFT counters to things, rather than hard counters.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You can’t expect to rely solely on stunbreaks to get out of war cc.

You need to have a plan to stay away from it. And slot a stunbreak/protection on stun/add armor to make sure you don’t die the first time you make a mistake.

This is what I learned fighting warriors with my engi.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Am I he only one to miss the condi removal from warhorn skill pre 15 october patch. I took a pretty big hit there.

I lost empower ally and have to spec in warhorn to get the condi removal back. Last patch was more of a nerf to me and my build than a buff.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Am I he only one to miss the condi removal from warhorn skill pre 15 october patch. I took a pretty big hit there.

I lost empower ally and have to spec in warhorn to get the condi removal back. Last patch was more of a nerf to me and my build than a buff.

Dogged March + Lemongrass + Melandru = no worries about conditions anymore

You either spec-heavy into a Shout build and continue on a focused support role or you choose a bigger weapon and move on to something else. ANet killed the hybrid spec (I ran it for months myself pre-Dogged March).

Also, Hammer was actually buffed again (skill 4) last patch.

It isn’t so much that Warrior CC is too much, it’s that Warrior mobility/sustain + burst damage + CC is too high (the old Elementalist issue) but unlike the Elementalist-of-old it is because of just one Warrior Adept trait.