Stronger Bowstrings Trait. An oversight?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

EDIT: Restructuring my post for I was in a hurry at the time.

In regards to the Stronger Bowstrings trait, I have already known the 10% damage increase to Dual Shot was never applied since the Longbow update past year. Current concern simply was upon having Arcing Arrow actually do lesser damage as stated in the misinformed tool tip.

Not sure which patch update made it so Arcing Arrow “appeared” to be lesser damage. Luckily it is not however. At least, after I re logged and reset my traits.

I’ve known all the hidden benefits that aren’t mentioned on how the trait upgrades Longbow’s abilities for Warrior. I’m an avid Longbow user myself.

Personally I simply wanted to question however why we have two separate longbow traits when clearly they should be merged or Stronger Bowstrings made the default skill set. Also how the tool tips seem to change unknowingly during updates.

(edited by Zygil.1276)

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Stronger Bowstrings is amazing. It also has a hidden feature in which is makes Dual Shot have a 100% projectile finisher. Stop trying to nerf us.

in Warrior

Posted by: jul.7602

jul.7602

^^Failed to comprehend post. The OP clearly recognizes the 100% combo finishers. The trait is bad in a way that it drastically reduces your damage output. He isn’t nerfing warriors because he is suggesting that the trait should be integrated into the skill set without the need of a trait while logically moving burning arrows down to take it’s place. Stop posting before you read.

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

^^Failed to comprehend post. The OP clearly recognizes the 100% combo finishers. The trait is bad in a way that it drastically reduces your damage output. He isn’t nerfing warriors because he is suggesting that the trait should be integrated into the skill set without the need of a trait while logically moving burning arrows down to take it’s place. Stop posting before you read.

I haven’t noticed a damage difference when running SBs. However, I run a condition build so I don’t do much in the way of raw damage anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Protip #1:

Use Stronger Bowstrings trait. Lay down a fire field. Autoattack a few times. Laugh maniacally at your opponent as you put on 15 seconds of burning on them instantly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I posted this a looooooooooong time ago so the bugs may be different from when I tested. My post go 0 replies.

Steady weapon (0 damage variability), no gear, only enough traits spent to swap stronger strings in/out (0/0/0/10/0), spvp test golems, repeated until no crits.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Was playing around with “improved” longbow traits recently and I’ve come across another issue when choosing to take Stronger Bowstrings. The first well known being the less Dual Shot damage.

Stronger Bowstrings now heavily reduces the damage output of Arcing Arrow compared to its non-traited skill set. Arcing Arrow does roughly 62% less damage and that is HUGE and clearly unintended.

It is bad enough two traits, Stronger Bowstrings and Burning Arrows, are supposed to be required for full Longbow potential, demanding 20 points for one weapon in a single trait line. But now Stronger Bowstrings is counter productive when it reduces the damage output of Dual Shot and more importantly Arcing Arrow heavily. 100% combo finishers are not worth the reduced damage.

I suggest Stronger Bowstrings to just be removed and made into the default weapon skill set for Warrior Longbow. Burning Arrows is enough to take its place in Adept tier. It seems too prone to oversight due to the 2 different skill sets when supposed benefits are applied to Warrior Longbow. The Stronger Bowstring’s skill set either gets nerfed or made worse than the non-traited version.

I recently edited the wiki to include all info regarding this trait. I’ll copy-paste it here for you. Some of your info is wrong, and you don’t want to rely on tooltips. Here:

This trait modifies certain longbow skills in the following manner:

-Dual Shot’s damage is reduced by 10%. This fact reflected in the tooltip.

-Both Dual Shot and Fan of Fire become guaranteed projectile finishers.

-Fan of Fire’s tooltip is changed to display a flat 2 seconds of burning despite still applying one second per arrow hit up to 3, akin to the unmodified skill.

-Arcing Arrow’s tooltip is changed to display 33% less damage. This is however untrue in effect as the skill still deals damage equal to that of the unmodified skill’s.

-Smoldering Arrow’s radius fact becomes hidden and its damage is doubled. The damage increase is reflected in the tooltip.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

So I repeated the test… I’m completely naked so no idea why there’s slightly higher numbers (0 might, 916 power). Looks like either lbow’s or golems got slightly tweaked at some point.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

Golems were indeed tweaked to ressemble players more. Your results are in line with the ones I posted above, with arcing arrow keeping its damage (but having the tooltip say reduced), smoldering being doubled and dual shot reduced by 10%.

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Is-this-ever-getting-fixed/first#post2389761

First picture I posted was originally put on forums July 11th and this has been a known issue for so much longer…

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

In short, this trait is really weird and probably contains numerous bugs. But we keep saying this and they don’t seem to notice/care, so you might as well just roll with it.

in Warrior

Oxygen.5918

We should all make new threads about it.

didn’t move.

in Warrior

Player Character.9467

Like the TAFU thread spam that filled the dungeon front page?

in Warrior

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/lb-vs-rifle/first#post1686678

I’ve known about the issues with Stronger Bowstring’s skill tool tip being very off. Also giving alert to players who didn’t even know the hidden benefits Stronger Bowstrings brought 5 months ago.

However over time these tool tips keep changing. I wasn’t aware of Stronger Bowstrings Arcing Arrow appearing to be lower damage recently. I remember when Stronger Bowstrings stated Arcing Arrow applied Burning to its targets in addition to its damage (however was never meant to be the case sadly, would of been awesome) but it was removed from the tool tip.

Really though, why must Longbow have two separate beneficial traits in the same trait line. The only other weapons being greatsword and axe but are spread between two trait lines that benefit each other.

Stronger Bowstrings really strikes me as just being the standard for longbow anyways.

(edited by Zygil.1276)