[Suggestion] Warrior Balance

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

These were my patch wish changes. But some of them still apply post patch.
Original post was in January.

Traits:
1) Baseline fast hands. I really want to shuffle my lines, but discipline is such a hand cuff.
2) Heightened focus icd reduced to 12sec. I would like this to proc ideally everytime I come back to gs set, but with so much pet/clone cleave, I get some wasted quickness. For a GM trait, I would like closer to 33% uptime or greater. Some classes have 5sec 5sec icd boon traits. And quickness is a direct damage buff without actually giving us bigger numbers to worry about. Here 4 ever 12sec is still kind of weak but 20% better.\

3)Now this one might be a little bit of a reach. Reckless dodge removes a boon on hit. As warriors, we just can’t handle boons. Frankly, this would synergize well with stance vigor Grandmaster. Plus removing 1 boons every dodge would not be a lot with the consistency of swiftness, might, fury, regen. And while you are dodge removing, you are not doing dps so its not a powercreep buff.

4) Balance stance needs an CD adjustment of about 20%. At 40secs, its just too low uptime. 30secs would be better, 28secs ideal for about ~38% uptime traited GM or 29% untraited.

5) Stances overall need a cooldown shave, not just balance stance. 60sec is so long. Wells, shouts, etc have AoE utility of boons and have shorter cd than individual stances. Seriously does not make sense.

6) Endure pain needs to apply maybe 1 stack of stability. Currently you cannot stun break with it out of certain skills because they are multiple successive stuns, i.e. gravity well or DH traps. Only 1-2 stacks of short duration to ensure you actually break the stun intended.

8) Thick skin and Adrenal Health still useless.
If my skin is thick, make condi do less damage while above 90% or 85%.
Adrenal Health coefficient needs to be raised. I am giving up a ton of damage and potential trait effects by not using a burst skill. And I got 300health every 3 seconds…
I don’t want heal signet 2.0, but the number does need a tweak.

9) Brawlers recovery should be 2 conditions. That way it could actually be an effective clearer. It is competing with DotE which is can be a 15% damage increase depending on the target.

10) I do not want a teleport. But even with warriors sprint, people just naturally outrun you. Increase eviscerate leap range to 600units.

11) Spiked armor I am on the fence about this one. Seems underwhelming most of the time, but in theory it is nice.

12) Berserker’s Power. This needs a rework. I am not a fan of flat damage multipliers, in an active game. This skill should be reworked into some utility. Burst skills are supposed to be fight changing. I propose the trait work something like this.

Berserker’s Power- When you land a burst skill apply a debuff that reduces healing effectiveness, damage output, movement. One of these three, and maybe it can change with the weapon. So say your pure power bursts can affect healing. Function like a deep wound mechanic. Like hit with eviscerate, debuff all incoming healing is 25% less effective.
Your utility burst skills could affect movement, so like all enemies hit with fire field arrow have 25% movement debuff
This debuff would scale with adrenaline bars used.
Would give your burst some more utility instead of just bigger numbers.

Skills
1) Axe 2 is very underwhelming at 4 stacks vulnerability. Should be at least 5% damage increase.

2) Axe 3 would be nice if it connects to have some pull effect associated with it on connect.

3) GS4 would be cool if the return blade pulled people. I would adjust the cd if that became live.

4) please fix Rush pathing. Could make rush remove movement impairing conditions all together. Need to stick to my target and rush is nice for that when it connects properly but then as soon as the channel ends, I am still impaired and cannot keep up.

5) I actually like the shield cooldowns when traited. 16sc and 24sec fits nicely.

6) Axe auto attack is in a good spot.

7) If GS auto was maybe 10-15% faster, it would be perfect.

This is all I can think of at the moment. Some of these are greedy, but I would love to see Berserker’s Power reworked into more utility and less numbers the most.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: TheBravery.9615

TheBravery.9615

These were my patch wish changes. But some of them still apply post patch.
Original post was in January.

Traits:
1) Baseline fast hands. I really want to shuffle my lines, but discipline is such a hand cuff.

Included, but its 7 seconds. Earlier discussion in this thread came to the conclusion that while fast hands should not be a trait, 5 seconds is too short.

2) Heightened focus icd reduced to 12sec. I would like this to proc ideally everytime I come back to gs set, but with so much pet/clone cleave, I get some wasted quickness. For a GM trait, I would like closer to 33% uptime or greater. Some classes have 5sec 5sec icd boon traits. And quickness is a direct damage buff without actually giving us bigger numbers to worry about. Here 4 ever 12sec is still kind of weak but 20% better.\

Fixed heightened focus, but not like this. I agree that the uptime should be better, but not at 50% HP. Check out my change proposal and let me know what you think.

3)Now this one might be a little bit of a reach. Reckless dodge removes a boon on hit. As warriors, we just can’t handle boons. Frankly, this would synergize well with stance vigor Grandmaster. Plus removing 1 boons every dodge would not be a lot with the consistency of swiftness, might, fury, regen. And while you are dodge removing, you are not doing dps so its not a powercreep buff.

Interesting concept, but to me, it seems out of place for warrior. I did have boon stealing given to offhand sword 4’s rip, and included some other traits to deal with targets with more boons than you.

4) Balance stance needs an CD adjustment of about 20%. At 40secs, its just too low uptime. 30secs would be better, 28secs ideal for about ~38% uptime traited GM or 29% untraited.

5) Stances overall need a cooldown shave, not just balance stance. 60sec is so long. Wells, shouts, etc have AoE utility of boons and have shorter cd than individual stances. Seriously does not make sense.

Edited last stand to give this as a trait.

6) Endure pain needs to apply maybe 1 stack of stability. Currently you cannot stun break with it out of certain skills because they are multiple successive stuns, i.e. gravity well or DH traps. Only 1-2 stacks of short duration to ensure you actually break the stun intended.

I don’t know about that, but this is a problem with "outrage’ utility skill.

8) Thick skin and Adrenal Health still useless.
If my skin is thick, make condi do less damage while above 90% or 85%.
Adrenal Health coefficient needs to be raised. I am giving up a ton of damage and potential trait effects by not using a burst skill. And I got 300health every 3 seconds…
I don’t want heal signet 2.0, but the number does need a tweak.

Didn’t fix the numbers here, did a complete rework on the functionality of these traits. Let me know what you think.

9) Brawlers recovery should be 2 conditions. That way it could actually be an effective clearer. It is competing with DotE which is can be a 15% damage increase depending on the target.

Eh, they “should”, but could you elaborate further? What are some implications of this?

10) I do not want a teleport. But even with warriors sprint, people just naturally outrun you. Increase eviscerate leap range to 600units.

Eviscerate has been changed drastically in this suggestion, didn’t consider range to be an issue. But yeah, check it out, let me know what you think.

11) Spiked armor I am on the fence about this one. Seems underwhelming most of the time, but in theory it is nice.

Also fixed, let me know what you think.

12) Berserker’s Power. This needs a rework. I am not a fan of flat damage multipliers, in an active game. This skill should be reworked into some utility. Burst skills are supposed to be fight changing. I propose the trait work something like this.

Berserker’s Power- When you land a burst skill apply a debuff that reduces healing effectiveness, damage output, movement. One of these three, and maybe it can change with the weapon. So say your pure power bursts can affect healing. Function like a deep wound mechanic. Like hit with eviscerate, debuff all incoming healing is 25% less effective.
Your utility burst skills could affect movement, so like all enemies hit with fire field arrow have 25% movement debuff
This debuff would scale with adrenaline bars used.
Would give your burst some more utility instead of just bigger numbers.

Wow, I can’t believe someone said this. Everyone else loves berserker’s power, and yes, I do agree with you. While not the same as you suggested, check it out and let me know.

Skills
1) Axe 2 is very underwhelming at 4 stacks vulnerability. Should be at least 5% damage increase.

2) Axe 3 would be nice if it connects to have some pull effect associated with it on connect.

Should, and would be nice, but also consider implications. Also I did change axe 2 for more utility.

3) GS4 would be cool if the return blade pulled people. I would adjust the cd if that became live.

Piercing pull? That would be too strong, sorry.

4) please fix Rush pathing. Could make rush remove movement impairing conditions all together. Need to stick to my target and rush is nice for that when it connects properly but then as soon as the channel ends, I am still impaired and cannot keep up.

Don’t think this is a problem anymore, but it does have issues hitting laggy targets. I also would like fixes on something like earthshaker to hit targets on a lower Z axis (e.g. downhill from your position). As it currently stands, you always leap straight forward and strike the area that’s parallel to your position.

5) I actually like the shield cooldowns when traited. 16sc and 24sec fits nicely.

6) Axe auto attack is in a good spot.

7) If GS auto was maybe 10-15% faster, it would be perfect.

This is all I can think of at the moment. Some of these are greedy, but I would love to see Berserker’s Power reworked into more utility and less numbers the most.

Take a look at the changes I proposed, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Please let me know if there’s anything you want changed.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rekt.5360

Rekt.5360

Included, but its 7 seconds. Earlier discussion in this thread came to the conclusion that while fast hands should not be a trait, 5 seconds is too short.

Wait how did we come to a conclusion for 7 seconds? I think we both agreed that the class relies on fast hands to function properly, I think we should keep it baseline but at 5 seconds (Yes that would be one hell of a QoL buff). I mean it’s practically impossible to play the class properly without it, we shouldn’t go giving Anet ideas we might regret later xD

I also agree with this point (as suggested by my reply on last page). We rely too much on flat % dmg modifiers and its a terrible indication that our damage is very bad without them, and this is pretty much the case. Ditch strength and go for arms instead and you see a drastic drop in the dmg per hit you do compared to when you’re running strength. It’s good that strength focuses on direct damage but it shouldn’t make it impossible/extremely punishing to play a power build without it (as is currently the case save for a few power berserker builds). Running a power build without strength in PvP is (very often) like committing to hit like a noodle despite the fact that we have 2 other interesting trait lines (namely berserker and arms) which could fit to power builds but would involve a different focus and playstyle.

To get rid of the issue of berserker’s power; however, I think we’ll need damage buffs across the board, since this skill is one of the major reasons we’re able to put out the DPS we do now. This is even more appalling when looking at GS specifically, which relies on a 30% dmg buff on the weapon from Berserker’s power + another 10% from forceful GS (I’m not even counting stick and move here).

Vanov {Warrior} ~ Still waiting for “Guide on Making Proper ||#1 Warr NA|| Sig”

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Wait how did we come to a conclusion for 7 seconds? I think we both agreed that the class relies on fast hands to function properly, I think we should keep it baseline but at 5 seconds (Yes that would be one hell of a QoL buff). I mean it’s practically impossible to play the class properly without it, we shouldn’t go giving Anet ideas we might regret later xD

It was an earlier discussion with another player.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-Balance-Skills-Traits/5962355

Warrior’s weapon skills are generally pretty low in comparison to engineer and elementalist, the next profession that’s somewhat comparable is ranger, and everyone else has 10 second cooldowns. 7 seconds is adequate. Or maybe 6 seconds? or 8? Anyways, I understand your perspective, but imo 50% CD reduction is too much.

The number really isn’t static though, it could change if people think change is necessary. For now, it’s at least a step in the right direction.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I also agree with this point (as suggested by my reply on last page). We rely too much on flat % dmg modifiers and its a terrible indication that our damage is very bad without them, and this is pretty much the case. Ditch strength and go for arms instead and you see a drastic drop in the dmg per hit you do compared to when you’re running strength. It’s good that strength focuses on direct damage but it shouldn’t make it impossible/extremely punishing to play a power build without it (as is currently the case save for a few power berserker builds). Running a power build without strength in PvP is (very often) like committing to hit like a noodle despite the fact that we have 2 other interesting trait lines (namely berserker and arms) which could fit to power builds but would involve a different focus and playstyle.

To get rid of the issue of berserker’s power; however, I think we’ll need damage buffs across the board, since this skill is one of the major reasons we’re able to put out the DPS we do now. This is even more appalling when looking at GS specifically, which relies on a 30% dmg buff on the weapon from Berserker’s power + another 10% from forceful GS (I’m not even counting stick and move here).

http://imgur.com/a/eEJHh

In comparison to a few other professions, warriors are among the upper echelon of DPS output. I don’t think baseline damage will do us any good.

/edit: poor mesmers. I hope they get more damage, ha

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

In comparison to a few other professions, warriors are among the upper echelon of DPS output. I don’t think baseline damage will do us any good.

Ahh, yes I believe in PvE warriors are quite great in terms of DPS, but note that this is only because we can fully benefit at all times from traits like berserker’s power and sitck and move. I mean every power warrior runs it in PvE no? Now what would happen if we removed its dmg buff entirely and redesigned it; we’d need to make up for that DPS loss somehow, and the easiest way would be buffing core dmg values which would make us less reliant on all the crazy multipliers we benefit from. I was talking about completely removing the dmg increase from berserker’s power and making more utility oriented like Interupt suggested though, or at least decrease the dmg increase so we wouldn’t rely on multipliers.
Things in that picture don’t look so bad though, Warriors aren’t that high in terms of DPS compared to the rest of classes. Its true that mesmers are sad though.

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Ahh, yes I believe in PvE warriors are quite great in terms of DPS, but note that this is only because we can fully benefit at all times from traits like berserker’s power and sitck and move. I mean every power warrior runs it in PvE no? Now what would happen if we removed its dmg buff entirely and redesigned it we’d need to make up for that DPS loss somehow, and the easiest way would be buffing core dmg values which would make us less reliant on all the crazy multipliers we benefit from.

Perhaps we’re looking it at a wrong way. Look at the DPS for necro condi epidemic, fresh air tempest, power staff tempest, and trickery dagger thief. Compare that to power guardian and power greatsword mesmer.

The deviation of the DPS across the professions is staggering. This really should not be the case and no one profession should be king in DPS. If anything the DPS across all professions need to be brought in line of eachother, so every profession deals equal DPS. This goes beyond the scope of this proposal though, which focuses primarily on intraprofessional balance.

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

@ The Bravery
I will review your spreadsheet and check out everything. I will admit I do not consider pve in my tweaks.
For Berserker’s Power, I was just thinking in its current for, it is lazy. If it operated like a reverse Adaptive Armor for example, I would like it better.

K Pop

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/Warrior-balance-proposal/5970348
Tried to gather responses from players of other professions, got this.

i ll tell you as i go
peak performance buff would make stomp/kick worth considering but it would make rampage straight up too strong.

arms adept major traits are a bit too strong to be adept

reworked thick skin is too strong to be adept minor

cull the weak too strong, it should apply weakness on specific actions, not pulse it. (something like on burst skill use)

new adrenal health is also too strong it should be nerfed to provide healing on adrenaline use instead of adrenaline gain

new rousing resilience shouldn’t give fury, protection should be on losing stability stack and be shorter duration (lose 2 stacks gain it twice and so on), the heal should have lower base healing but scale with healing power at least a bit.

new merciless hammer is just too strong, autoattack chain unblockable is ok everything else noway.

burst precision is also too strong change it to remove blind when using a burst skill

savage instinct is also too strong a short duration resistence when entering berserker mode is fine but activating berserker stance is not ok

bloody roar fear is actually a nerf lol you need the taunt to hundredblade the guy you just taunted

come at me bro is ridiculously overpowered everyone complains about revenants 3s taunt of death upon receiving a cc and you give warriors an unblockable version that can be used on keypress ? no, just no.

what do you guys think?

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

i ll tell you as i go
peak performance buff would make stomp/kick worth considering but it would make rampage straight up too strong.

cull the weak too strong, it should apply weakness on specific actions, not pulse it. (something like on burst skill use)

new adrenal health is also too strong it should be nerfed to provide healing on adrenaline use instead of adrenaline gain

new rousing resilience shouldn’t give fury, protection should be on losing stability stack and be shorter duration (lose 2 stacks gain it twice and so on), the heal should have lower base healing but scale with healing power at least a bit.

new merciless hammer is just too strong, autoattack chain unblockable is ok everything else noway.

burst precision is also too strong change it to remove blind when using a burst skill

savage instinct is also too strong a short duration resistence when entering berserker mode is fine but activating berserker stance is not ok

bloody roar fear is actually a nerf lol you need the taunt to hundredblade the guy you just taunted

come at me bro is ridiculously overpowered everyone complains about revenants 3s taunt of death upon receiving a cc and you give warriors an unblockable version that can be used on keypress ? no, just no.

what do you guys think?

If he doesn’t play warrior kitten em

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

He did bring my attention to a few things though,

Adrenal health healing power multiplier needs to be a bit higher

Merciless hammer is unblockable with stage 3 adrenaline in the proposal. Is this too much?

Burst precision comment is interesting, could also remove weakness.

in Warrior

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

Burst Precision

• Just make them unblockable. That’s all that’s needed with it.

Spiked Armor

• Do the math. At 2100 power this is 357.5 damage. 6% of a 2500 attack is only 150 damage.
  • This trait is very under powered.
  • in fact sigil of force alone counters the ability almost completly not tot mention all the traits that effect direct damage.
    (I have more to list but these two stick out in my mind)

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Burst Precision

• Just make them unblock able. That’s all that’s needed with it.

Spiked Armor

• Do the math. At 2100 power this is 357.5 damage. 6% of a 2500 attack is only 150 damage.
  • This trait is very under powered.

(I have more to list but these two stick out in my mind)

Wow, I’m glad you pointed that out about spiked armor.

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)
3250 = 1000 * 2000 * 3.25 / 2000 (no modifiers)
3023 = 1000 * 2000 * 3.25 / (2000 + 150) (vanilla spiked armor toughness gain)
3055 = (1000 * 2000 * 3.25 / 2000) * 0.94 (6% damage reduction)

900 = 1000 * 2000 * 0.9 / 2000 (no modifiers)
837 = 1000 * 2000 * 0.9 / (2000 + 150)
846 = (1000 * 2000 * 0.9 / 2000) * 0.94

600 = 1000 * 2000 * 0.9 / 3000 (no modifiers)
571 = 1000 * 2000 * 0.9 / (3000 + 150)
564 = (1000 * 2000 * 0.9 / 3000) * 0.94

The toughness gain seems to be more effective on builds with low armor (toughness + defense)
While the damage reduction is more effective on builds with high armor.

How should this be fixed?

Please share with me your other thoughts, this was very helpful. Thank you.

(edited by TheBravery.9615)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Burst Precision

• Just make them unblockable. That’s all that’s needed with it.

That’s one option to go with, but I want there to be a reason to take signet of might in the utility bar.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

TheBravery.9615
emkelly.2371:
Burst Precision
Just make them unblockable. That’s all that’s needed with it.
That’s one option to go with, but I want there to be a reason to take signet of might in the utility bar.

There is already a reason. Other attacks. For example, I really want 100b not to be blocked. Also signets are meant to replace things on a warrior they are lacking from their traits. so if you don’t have burst precision you can take signet of might.

Spiked Armor
Just increase the toughness gain. A little math will allow you to determine a true fair amount. Personally 500 toughness seems fair. but do the math to make sure.

(edited by emkelly.2371)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

There is already a reason. Other attacks. For example, I really want 100b not to be blocked. Also signets are meant to replace things on a warrior they are lacking from their traits. so if you don’t have burst precision you can take signet of might.

Yeah, but think about other sources of unblockable effects. Signet of might, and signet mastery trait already gives you unblockable properties. That’s a whole lot of unblockable.

Spiked Armor
Just increase the toughness gain. A little math will allow you to determine a true fair amount. Personally 500 toughness seems fair. but do the math to make sure.
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/60838-math-damage-reduction-toughness-and-vitality/

Converting damage reduction to equivalent toughness gain
The conversion will be done assuming a 2600-armor character. The formula is A*R/(1-R).
50% = 2600 toughness
33% = 1300 toughness (Protection)
25% = 867 toughness
20% = 650 toughness
15% = 459 toughness (Signet of Judgement with perfect insriptions)
10% = 289 toughness (Signet of Judgement)
5% = 137 toughness

150 toughness seems fair I guess. It’s really a ballpark figure.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

one thing i have noticed is that nearly all of a warrior’s defensive abilities compete with one another. Dogged march is a necessity, Rousing resilience and cleansing ire compete with each other not to mention that warrior has overlapping defensive abilities. Why even bother with Spiked armor whenever you can have 1000 toughness from one stun break? none of these abilities last very long, and all cleansing ire does is cleanse instead of converting. looking at the defense line is very depressing.

In Warrior Redone i attempted to resolve this by overhauling the trait line completely. honestly there is only so much you can do with attempting to re balance these traits.

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

i ll tell you as i go

what do you guys think?

All I see is “it’s too strong”. With the current state of the game not much of this will be broken. I admit I’m not really a fan of the taunt on popping berserker mode (I hate taunts in general), but it was there before so I was ok with leaving, although I’d rather change it to something with a better offensive potential

We made adrenal health health on spent adrenaline bars no? I think what we did was fine. We also changed bloody roar back into taunt I believe. Burst precision…I’m not sure if I understand his proposal but this could be the most kittened thing ever, I hope he isn’t saying to remove blind when landing the burst skill since it just won’t land if you’re blinded LOL. It should be to remove blinds on activation is what he’s trying to say I think.

Unblockable on Merciless Hammer I can agree. I mean the biggest counter play to hammer is evades and blinds, most blocks are a bit longer duration too so they’re more useful for blocking multi hit attacks. But evne then attacks only become unblockable on lv 3 adrenaline. I think that’s not that broken, you’re not gonna camp lv 3 adrenaline either, you’ll want to use it to gain the healing and also get the AoE stun, so it’s not like its perma unblockable hammer attacks.

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

All I see is “it’s too strong”. With the current state of the game not much of this will be broken. I admit I’m not really a fan of the taunt on popping berserker mode (I hate taunts in general), but it was there before so I was ok with leaving, although I’d rather change it to something with a better offensive potential

We made adrenal health health on spent adrenaline bars no? I think what we did was fine. We also changed bloody roar back into taunt I believe. Burst precision…I’m not sure if I understand his proposal but this could be the most kittened thing ever, I hope he isn’t saying to remove blind when landing the burst skill since it just won’t land if you’re blinded LOL. It should be to remove blinds on activation is what he’s trying to say I think.

Unblockable on Merciless Hammer I can agree. I mean the biggest counter play to hammer is evades and blinds, most blocks are a bit longer duration too so they’re more useful for blocking multi hit attacks. But evne then attacks only become unblockable on lv 3 adrenaline. I think that’s not that broken, you’re not gonna camp lv 3 adrenaline either, you’ll want to use it to gain the healing and also get the AoE stun, so it’s not like its perma unblockable hammer attacks.

I’m still undecided about taunt on bloody roar. If I remove that fear, warriors won’t have access to fear (well nvm, battle standard’s skill 2 inflicts fear in my proposal). But yeah, i’m still on the edge about it.

Adrenal health under this proposal only heals per adrenaline point gained. It doesn’t heal when you spend adrenaline. Blood reaction, on the other hand (berserker master trait) heals you at 500 hp + .75 * Healing power when you use your primal burst, and 4% of outgoing damage heals you in berserk mode.

Yeah, I felt sad removing unblockable on merciless hammer- it made burst mastery stronger again and I didn’t want that, but that swag guy had a point. Full on unblockable is not very balanced, there needs to be counters. Made changes to it so it deals damage to blocking foes, but won’t apply conditions or control effects.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Edited OP to include a summary.

in Warrior

Posted by: monkisaurus.9503

monkisaurus.9503

Fear on Bloody Roar and knockback on Axe 5 are both incredibly irritating for PvE (albeit thematically cool). I can see the value for PvP, but those changes would make the skills essentially useless for raids and stackable fractals (< 91). Basically ranger LB 4 integrated into the core mechanic of power zerker. Ugh.

Highlights the need for segregated PvP/PvE balance honestly.

Cutting damage and utility on axe 5 in favor of more control is probably a mistake since it blurs the identity of the axe and mace OHs. I like axe 5 as a mobile, 5-target, reliable whirl finisher on a shortish CD. Love the reflect on Axe 2.

I’d prefer keeping mace as the de facto control OH, and in the interest of balance perhaps decrease the CD of mace 5 while also decreasing the knockdown duration.

Do not like the change to GS primal burst on the grounds that you’re using condi dmg as the scaling mechanism. Much like with the fear Bloody Roar, I think it actually discourages using berserk mode in the first place. You could scale your DoT based on power and it wouldn’t be a nightmare for gearing.

Also, “Come at me, bro?” Really? Fear is totally useful and definitely fits warrior theme and design. I would literally stop playing the class if my warrior shouted “Come at me, bro.” And probably quit the game. Assuming the skill name is tongue-in-cheek.

(edited by monkisaurus.9503)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Fear on Bloody Roar and knockback on Axe 5 are both incredibly irritating for PvE (albeit thematically cool). I can see the value for PvP, but those changes would make the skills essentially useless for raids and stackable fractals (< 91). Basically ranger LB 4 integrated into the core mechanic of power zerker. Ugh.

Highlights the need for segregated PvP/PvE balance honestly.

Cutting damage and utility on axe 5 in favor of more control is probably a mistake since it blurs the identity of the axe and mace OHs. I like axe 5 as a mobile, 5-target, reliable whirl finisher on a shortish CD. Love the reflect on Axe 2.

I’d prefer keeping mace as the de facto control OH, and in the interest of balance perhaps decrease the CD of mace 5 while also decreasing the knockdown duration.

Do not like the change to GS primal burst on the grounds that you’re using condi dmg as the scaling mechanism. Much like with the fear Bloody Roar, I think it actually discourages using berserk mode in the first place. You could scale your DoT based on power and it wouldn’t be a nightmare for gearing.

Axe auto attack already over shadows axe 5 in terms of raw damage. I gave axe 5 identity in that sense.

Mace is great at control, but I’m reluctant to reduce cooldown on skills with control. I don’t want to go back to 2012 CC spamming warrior era.

A lot of people have made that comment with the greatsword, and I came up with the solution with that concern. It scales with both power and condition damage.

Inflict an effect called ?Deep Bleeding?, which deals .06*Condition damage + .06*Power + 316 per second at level 80 for 10 seconds. Condition removals remove this effect. Effect does not stack, new applications of this effect overwrites old effects.
Condition is unique- damage and duration occurs irrespective of condition damage and condition duration modifiers (e.g. not affected by +30% condition duration and/or +10% condition damage.)

Also, “Come at me, bro?” Really? Fear is totally useful and definitely fits warrior theme and design. I would literally stop playing the class if my warrior shouted “Come at me, bro.” And probably quit the game. Assuming the skill name is tongue-in-cheek.

Yes, it’s a joke. Well the name at least, but I think taunts fit the warrior theme better as a profession that soaks up damage. I’d prefer to leave fear to necros or soemthing.

in Warrior

Posted by: monkisaurus.9503

monkisaurus.9503

Axe auto attack already over shadows axe 5 in terms of raw damage. I gave axe 5 identity in that sense.

I hear that a lot. I haven’t done the math. But it sounds to me like people ignore the fact that Axe five hits 5 targets. Make sure to include that in your damage calculation. Of course, it probably wouldn’t be hitting 5 targets if it were knocking all of them back radially. In any case, I think reflect would be better than knockback or daze for axes. But having reflect on #2 and #5 might be excessive.

A lot of people have made that comment with the greatsword, and I came up with the solution with that concern. It scales with both power and condition damage.

I don’t think a compromise of using both alleviates the concern. I cannot think of a reason to use a GS in condi gear. And you haven’t given me one since the rest of the GS skills are still 100% power based. As such the scaling is pretty much wasted except for condi damage from might stacks. Yet the skill is still balanced around condi damage. Just in a weird spot. Seems like the condi damage scaling is just there based on the theme of the skill, which is, perhaps, not necessary.

Come to think of it this design (refreshing DoT) also conflicts with the new Blood Reckoning (which I also hate and you’ve covered). If they don’t change Blood Reckoning back (they won’t) it could be a rolling DoT.

Edit: Apparently the mature language filter turns “Axe 5” followed by a space and “hits” into “Axe kittens.”

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I hear that a lot. I haven’t done the math. But it sounds to me like people ignore the fact that Axe five hits 5 targets. Make sure to include that in your damage calculation. Of course, it probably wouldn’t be hitting 5 targets if it were knocking all of them back radially. In any case, I think reflect would be better than knockback or daze for axes. But having reflect on #2 and #5 might be excessive.

This is just a rough in game test done just now, considered basic damage without modifiers or critical hits, tested on pvp golems using berserker amulet and useless sigils and runes, no traits

Chop chain deals an average of 525 non crit damage, with the final chop doing roughly 1100 damage. Hits a maximum of 3 targets per strike.

Whirling axe deals an average of 250 per hit, hitting 15 times, with a maximum target number of 5.

Chop auto attack has a max dps of 3104, if you hit 3 targets on all attacks.
(525*5+1100)*3=11175/3.6=3104

Current whirling axe has a max dps of 5357 if you hit 5 targets on all attacks.
250*15*5=18750/3.5=5357

or 3214 dps if you only hit 3 targets on all attacks
250*15*3=11250/3.5=3214

or 1071 dps if you only hit 1 target on all attacks
250*15*1=3750/3.5=1071

Greatsword: 475 * 8 + 1050 = 4850
Hitting 3 targets = 14550 / 3.5 = 4157 dps

Thank you for bringing this up. I guess I can remove the suggestion to reduce the damage, because damage seems to be in a good spot. Despite this, the damage is still low to have any utility over the chop auto attack. It fills a niche that it only benefits when you’re engaging 3 or more targets. It’s not even in rotation for meta dps builds.

I don’t think a compromise of using both alleviates the concern. I cannot think of a reason to use a GS in condi gear. And you haven’t given me one since the rest of the GS skills are still 100% power based. As such the scaling is pretty much wasted except for condi damage from might stacks. Yet the skill is still balanced around condi damage. Just in a weird spot. Seems like the condi damage scaling is just there based on the theme of the skill, which is, perhaps, not necessary.

Come to think of it this design (refreshing DoT) also conflicts with the new Blood Reckoning (which I also hate and you’ve covered). If they don’t change Blood Reckoning back (they won’t) it could be a rolling DoT.

Edit: Apparently the mature language filter turns “Axe 5” followed by a space and “hits” into “Axe kittens.”

[/quote]

Should it scale only with power then? What are you suggesting?

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/447yuz/a_very_long_warrior_balance_proposal/

Got some feedback here, but not sure if the guy is trolling me. Pretty much saying the opposite of most of everyone else.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

Greatsword should only be power. there is no reason why it needs the ability to be both. but it needs to be able to combo with it’s self without relying on fast hands. This is why in Warrior Redone moved the cripple to Rush and made Badetrail pierce.
In my vision you can now:

• Rush
  • Rush proc cripple which can proc leg specialist
  • Hundred Blades

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Greatsword should only be power. there is no reason why it needs the ability to be both. but it needs to be able to combo with it’s self without relying on fast hands. This is why in Warrior Redone moved the cripple to Rush and made Badetrail pierce.
In my vision you can now:

• Rush
  • Rush proc cripple which can proc leg specialist
  • Hundred Blades

Ok, I submit. Made both arc divider and gunflame scale only with power now.

in Warrior

emkelly.2371

While you are at it give the weapon blocks from mace and sword the Bandit’s defense treatment.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

While you are at it give the weapon blocks from mace and sword the Bandit’s defense treatment.

What do you mean?

in Warrior

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

What do you mean?

It blocks for the full duration and chains into the counterattack skill, while riposte and counterattack automatically perform theirs so you can’t block for the full duration if you want to (unless it’s ranged attacks against riposte,) but you can cancel them early for 3 whole points of adrenaline.

Bandit’s defense used to automatically trigger the counterattack, but thieves didn’t like that so it got buffed.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Oh, kinda like revenant sword 4

Hm. I don’t want it to be another shield stance though, I just want it to behave properly like a counter attack.

Currently, the mechanic is unrefined in a sense that you can’t cancel any animation and go straight to counterattack / riposte. It prevents players from using it as a reaction to a telegraphed attack, blocking it, and then immediately returning a counter attack. Instead, you have to wait until you’re finished doing whatever you’re doing, then use the skill and wait for your opponent to strike you like an idiot. It just doesn’t work.

It could block if the target is not within range, much like riposte, but yeah. We have shield stance for major blocking utility. I don’t want to suggest something like making an attack chain available after successfully blocked attack.

I suggested a few things to fix this.

• Counterblow (mace 2): Allow skill to cancel other animations / actions, perform a 600 distance leap towards assailant if assailant is within range with path defined- otherwise just keep blocking for full duration.
  • Riposte (sword 5): Allow skill to cancel other animations / actions, trip foe if within range after blocking an attack- otherwise just keep blocking for full duration.
  • Parry (Spear 4): Allow skill to cancel other animations / actions, throw a physical projectile at assailant upon successful block if within range- otherwise just keep blocking for full duration.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Also, I need help making frenzy viable. I currently have it as “make attacks unavoidable”, but I don’t like it. (Killshot + unblockable with signet + unavoidable with frenzy + remove blind and weakness with trait)

No. Just no.

edit/ how about this?

Gain adrenaline while in frenzy. (1 adrenaline every second. Frenzy duration: 30 seconds) Gain adrenaline and reduce recharge of your burst skills when you kill a foe while in frenzy. (Adrenaline per kill: 10, burst recharge reduction: 1 second)

Gain quickness for 10 seconds if this skill is used to break a stun.

Deal 50% more outgoing damage for 10 seconds if this skill is activated below 50% of your maximum health.

Stance Cooldown: 60 seconds

edit/ made a bunch of changes. weakness now affects true damage.

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

Also, I need help making frenzy viable. I currently have it as “make attacks unavoidable”, but I don’t like it. (Killshot + unblockable with signet + unavoidable with frenzy + remove blind and weakness with trait)

No. Just no.

edit/ how about this?

Gain adrenaline while in frenzy. (1 adrenaline every second. Frenzy duration: 30 seconds) Gain adrenaline and reduce recharge of your burst skills when you kill a foe while in frenzy. (Adrenaline per kill: 10, burst recharge reduction: 1 second)

Deal 50% more outgoing damage for 10 seconds if this skill is activated below 50% of your maximum health.

I think the duration of the damage increase is a bit too high. I mean 50% more damage for 10 seconds is quiiiiite long. I do like the CD reduction on burst skills, but I think that it should be made baseline instead of on kill, I mean 1 second CD reduction every time you kill a target is pretty small. So like reduce the CDs of burst skills by 20-25% while in frenzy?

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

No. Just no.

edit/ how about this?

I think the duration of the damage increase is a bit too high. I mean 50% more damage for 10 seconds is quiiiiite long. I do like the CD reduction on burst skills, but I think that it should be made baseline instead of on kill, I mean 1 second CD reduction every time you kill a target is pretty small. So like reduce the CDs of burst skills by 20-25% while in frenzy?

oops, that was a typo.

25% more outgoing damage for 10 seconds if activated below 50%. Inspired by Desperate power

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desperate_Power

Also, I decided to go with might gain on kill.. or a damage modifier increase per kill, based on what you suggested for bloody roar (stacking damage increase as you fight on) over cd reduction on burst skills to make frenzy more ‘universal’ (e.g. player might not be utilizing burst skills). Besides, some of the proposed changes (eviscerate, killshot) probably merit a longer cooldown.

in Warrior

Posted by: Wakaba.5081

Wakaba.5081

Wow you put a lot of work into this

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

I dont like the nerfs on
Defy pain: from 4 sec to 1? No stunbreakes.. Why?
vigorous shouts: no adrenaline gain? Whut?
brawlers recovery: dont even think about it to nerf this..
longbow nerf: reduce Burning and stuff? Why? What is this random nonsense?!
sword: Dont try to change condi weapons, we already lack in those.
healing signet, nerf passing healing? Do you want to start world war 3?!?

We are already in a weak position, and now you want to nerf stuff?
I dont like it, I do respect your effort and some things but the last thing warrior needs atm are nerfs in my opinion

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

(edited by Hoaxintelligence.4628)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I dont like the nerfs on
Defy pain: from 4 sec to 1? No stunbreakes.. Why?
vigorous shouts: no adrenaline gain? Whut?
brawlers recovery: dont even think about it to nerf this..
longbow nerf: reduce Burning and stuff? Why? What is this random nonsense?!
sword: Dont try to change condi weapons, we already lack in those.
healing signet, nerf passing healing? Do you want to start world war 3?!?

We are already in a weak position, and now you want to nerf stuff?
I dont like it, I do respect your effort and some things but the last thing warrior needs atm are nerfs in my opinion

Thank you for speaking up, though the only technical “nerf” from your list is vigorous shouts and healing signet, the rest are just mechanic changes. (from cover page: The intent of this proposal is neither a nerf or a buff to the profession, but a proposal to equalize the profession’s role and viability across all game modes)

• Defy pain: Look at this change this way. You receive a critical hit for 2k damage and you have 20k health. The new defy pain will negate that 2k damage as well as any other incoming damage for 1 second. This change will substantially improve warrior sustainability, because no one will be able to spike you down, unless they proc the trait and try to spike you in between cooldowns. Hardly a nerf in my opinion.
  • Vigorous shouts: The nerf comes off kind of silly, but I’m moving this from grandmaster to a adept class. Something had to give. I didn’t want to create power creep by giving warrior adept traits that are really grandmaster in nature.
  • Brawler’s recovery: Where do you see a nerf here? I added a benefit to reduce incoming condition duration for 5 seconds as well.
  • Longbow: If you mean “nerf burning and stuff” as in the combustive shot burning duration nerf, it’s because I buffed the number of pulses combustive shot will give. (From 4 pulses to 9 pulses). 2 seconds burning every second for a foe standing in the fire field is a substantial improvement on it’s usability- it will hit more different targets and it will accumulate way more adrenaline than the current version. Scorched earth’s nerf comes because I suggested that the attack hits a maximum of 25 targets. This gives this skill massive utility in WvW.
  • Sword: Also just usability improvements, please elaborate to me where you think are nerfs.
  • Healing signet: This was one of those unnecessary changes in the last patch. Warriors need sustainability, but not by mere healing increases. Sustainability needs to come from mechanic improvements. This nerf is intended to take the limelight off of healing signet and give the other healing skills equal consideration.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I didn’t read everything as I stopped at Strenght and just wanted to say the change to Berserker’s Power that was proposed was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Warrior does not have the greatest % damage increase traits. Why would you take away this amazing one for a boon that we can get plenty of (PvE) and that can be stripped (PvP)

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

I didn’t read everything as I stopped at Strenght and just wanted to say the change to Berserker’s Power that was proposed was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Warrior does not have the greatest % damage increase traits. Why would you take away this amazing one for a boon that we can get plenty of (PvE) and that can be stripped (PvP)

The idea behind the nerf is to take the limelight off of berserker’s power, which warriors seem to always choose over other traits. There was a discussion earlier
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Suggestion-CDI-Warrior-Balance/5970138 (general idea was that damage is an interprofessional balance issue and should be roughly equal across all professions)

But your comment made me reconsider this. I did a crude damage calculation to see what 6 stacks of might equal to in terms of % damage increase.

Damage = (Weapon strength * Power * Skill coefficient) / Armor
Assuming 1000 weapon strength, 2300 base power, 30 power per might stack at level 80, 1 skill coefficient, and target armor of 2000.

1000 * 2300 * 1 / 2000 = 1150 damage

with 6 might
1000 * (2300+180) * 1 / 2000 = 1240 damage

6 stacks of might = 90 extra damage, or roughly 8% damage increase.

I guess this proposed change did nerf it too hard. I’ll try to think of something.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Ok, I mixed up the strength specialization, let me know what you guys think.

in Warrior

Rekt.5360

Ok people are gonna have to make something clear here, do you want build diversity or no? Because as things are if you want a power build you almost always need thestrength line for stick and move and berserker’s power. That’s a 30% damage modifier, doesn’t that ring a bell? And yes warrior is the class with the greatest damage increase traits: strength gives you 30% flat damage at practically all times and that becomes 40% if you run a greatsword. No other class has anything close to that.

/begingrant
To be honest I’m losing my kitten here, and Grok this doesn’t have much to do with you personally (and its not related to your post really) but I’m kittening sick of people crying “We want build diversity” but when you try to change anything in the strength line they go “ER MEH GUUURD Y U CHANGE STRENGTH, RIP POWER WARR”. Seriously people have to kitteng stick it in their heads that A CLASS THAT NEEDS A 30% FLAT DAMAGE MODIFIER TO DO COMPETITIVE POWER DMG IS A VERY BAD SIGN. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE BUILD DIVERSITY, because the moment you drop that 30% dmg increase your DPS takes a gigantic hit, and there isn’t really ANY incentive to pick anything else on virtually any power build other than gunflame and some berserker greataxe variants. And us taking that 30% damage increase only shows how terrible our baseline dmg is.

This is why berserker’s power needs to go. Anet need to take that 20% dmg increase (or even take part of stick & move’s effect too) and shove a good portion of it in the weapon skills’ base damage, so they can actually give us meaningful choices in the strength line rather than the no brainer “Berserker’s Power” which is essentially “Yah, you take it coz…well, your dmg sucks otherwise”. As long as we have berserker’s power there you can kiss goodbye to build diversity at least when it comes to power builds in PvP. Arms is a line that could very well work for power builds but it gets overshadowed soooo badly by 2 traits (one of which is a minor) from the strength line that it’s not even worth taking a good portion of the time.
/endrant

(edited by Rekt.5360)

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Ok people are gonna have to make something clear here, do you want build diversity or no? Because as things are if you want a power build you almost always need thestrength line for stick and move and berserker’s power. That’s a 30% damage modifier, doesn’t that ring a bell? And yes warrior is the class with the greatest damage increase traits: strength gives you 30% flat damage at practically all times and that becomes 40% if you run a greatsword. No other class has anything close to that.

/begingrant
To be honest I’m losing my kitten here, and Grok this doesn’t have much to do with you personally (and its not related to your post really) but I’m kittening sick of people crying “We want build diversity” but when you try to change anything in the strength line they go “ER MEH GUUURD Y U CHANGE STRENGTH, RIP POWER WARR”. Seriously people have to kitteng stick it in their heads that A CLASS THAT NEEDS A 30% FLAT DAMAGE MODIFIER TO DO COMPETITIVE POWER DMG IS A VERY BAD SIGN. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT YOU WILL NOT HAVE BUILD DIVERSITY, because the moment you drop that 30% dmg increase your DPS takes a gigantic hit, and there isn’t really ANY incentive to pick anything else on virtually any power build other than gunflame and some berserker greataxe variants. And us taking that 30% damage increase only shows how terrible our baseline dmg is.

This is why berserker’s power needs to go. Anet need to take that 20% dmg increase (or even take part of stick & move’s effect too) and shove a good portion of it in the weapon skills’ base damage, so they can actually give us meaningful choices in the strength line rather than the no brainer “Berserker’s Power” which is essentially “Yah, you take it coz…well, your dmg sucks otherwise”. As long as we have berserker’s power there you can kiss goodbye to build diversity at least when it comes to power builds in PvP. Arms is a line that could very well work for power builds but it gets overshadowed soooo badly by 2 traits (one of which is a minor) from the strength line that it’s not even worth taking a good portion of the time.
/endrant

Made some further changes

Scrapped the idea of berserker’s power giving might, reverted it back to a damage modifier, but reduced the percentage given – gave warrior’s partial baseline damage increase so they don’t need to take the trait.

Also reduced modifier on forceful greatsword but increased the base damage on greatsword.

Buffed Absolute Control and edited “Resistant Concentration” (new GM strength trait)

Buffed furious in arms specialization

Thanks for your rant

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Like I was saying before. Berserker’s power should be a debuff on the target, not a buff on the user. Better for the team, does not reduce a power build’s proficiency in damage by not having the trait.

Actually makes your burst coordination more important and not just a sequence of fire and forget attacks like a 6th weapon skill.

Think of it as a debuff aura instead of a buff aura.

K Pop

in Warrior

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

I agree with some of the trait buffs, but you mixed in way too many nerfs in attempt to balance them out.

Also, regarding weapon skills, this has been mentioned before, but making Axe 5 a knockback and nerfing the whirl finisher to 20% is pure madness. The entire point of the skill is to proc as many crits (and related effects) and whirl finishers as possible. It certainly isn’t the damage (we all know Axe 1 is superior in that department). If anything, Axe 5 should become a pulsing pull field like Gravity Well to suck enemies into it.

The nerfs you call for on skills like Gunflame are unconscionable. The projectile velocity boost is the main reason the skill actually connects with the target, and the reason why nobody even attempts to use vanilla Killshot seriously anymore.

I like a lot of your trait recommendations, but on the weapon skills, the fact that you have to invent new conditions (that don’t even follow normal condition rules) and new effects like “true damage” probably reveals some fundamental problems with the game as a whole, rather than just the Warrior profession.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

This spreadsheet is amazing, I can’t believe you guys are sharing this much information about a balance change ahead of time, and being so interactive. Incredible job on this, I’ll be reading and giving comments soon.

One thing I would add here though, and applies in a more general sense across the game – Any time you have a trait that procs from an attack/skill, and has an internal cooldown, please make that proc respect the AOE nature of the attack.

Like the new Strength trait, “Absolute Control”. In WvW when you jump into a crowd with an Earthshaker, it will randomly select who actually gets affected by the trait. And in PvP, it can easily be absorbed by a minion or clone. If you spend an AOE CC attack with the trait active, it should apply the effect to all enemies hit by the attack.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Like I was saying before. Berserker’s power should be a debuff on the target, not a buff on the user. Better for the team, does not reduce a power build’s proficiency in damage by not having the trait.

Actually makes your burst coordination more important and not just a sequence of fire and forget attacks like a 6th weapon skill.

Think of it as a debuff aura instead of a buff aura.

I’ll need to balance this across PVE PVP and WVW; and as you may know, it’s a pain in the butt to strike a perfect balance for this trait (I’ve been working on ideas for this for over a month).

Should I include conditions on it? What do you think? Weakness reduces damage, poison reduces healing.

I agree with some of the trait buffs, but you mixed in way too many nerfs in attempt to balance them out.

Also, regarding weapon skills, this has been mentioned before, but making Axe 5 a knockback and nerfing the whirl finisher to 20% is pure madness. The entire point of the skill is to proc as many crits (and related effects) and whirl finishers as possible. It certainly isn’t the damage (we all know Axe 1 is superior in that department). If anything, Axe 5 should become a pulsing pull field like Gravity Well to suck enemies into it.

The nerfs you call for on skills like Gunflame are unconscionable. The projectile velocity boost is the main reason the skill actually connects with the target, and the reason why nobody even attempts to use vanilla Killshot seriously anymore.

I like a lot of your trait recommendations, but on the weapon skills, the fact that you have to invent new conditions (that don’t even follow normal condition rules) and new effects like “true damage” probably reveals some fundamental problems with the game as a whole, rather than just the Warrior profession.

Thanks for your comment

I would be interested to know what nerfs are unnecessary.

The idea on a pulling axe 5 is actually not a bad idea. I like it, and made a change to it. Thank you for the suggestion.

Gunflame had everything, range, velocity, short cast time, power, conditions, aoe effects, control, and almost no telegraph to warn players they’re about to get sniped. The design of it screamed poor game balance, so something had to give. What do you suggest to make this more balanced?

Yes, you are true about your last part of your comment. Quite frankly, this game is a balance nightmare.

This spreadsheet is amazing, I can’t believe you guys are sharing this much information about a balance change ahead of time, and being so interactive. Incredible job on this, I’ll be reading and giving comments soon.

One thing I would add here though, and applies in a more general sense across the game – Any time you have a trait that procs from an attack/skill, and has an internal cooldown, please make that proc respect the AOE nature of the attack.

Like the new Strength trait, “Absolute Control”. In WvW when you jump into a crowd with an Earthshaker, it will randomly select who actually gets affected by the trait. And in PvP, it can easily be absorbed by a minion or clone. If you spend an AOE CC attack with the trait active, it should apply the effect to all enemies hit by the attack.

Thank you for your comment, please do add to the conversation and let me know any constructive criticism you have on your mind. I read every comment here.

I made it so absolute control affects the first target that tries to break your stun because the design of it is naturally powerful. If I were to make it AOE (e.g. remove the cooldown), then I would have to shorten the immobilize duration, and remove the weakness.

Not to say I didn’t consider AOE natures of attacks, I removed the ICD of leg specialist so it immobilizes for all the times you apply cripple- but only for 1/4 of a second.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bear on the job.6273

Bear on the job.6273

Sorry…for some reason I thought the original post was from a dev. Definitely some good ideas here, but it’s kinda just fan fiction. Hope a dev comments on the situation of warrior soon.

in Warrior

TheBravery.9615

Sorry…for some reason I thought the original post was from a dev. Definitely some good ideas here, but it’s kinda just fan fiction. Hope a dev comments on the situation of warrior soon.

We did received some hope from Gaile (thnx for the reply Gaile x I love you)
This is what she told me

now the profession forums are read frequently. I hear them being discussed on a regular basis, input from players, questions, etc.

The devs are super busy, so it’s not easy for them to get into a dialogue with players, and they can take input and run with it without posting. But I do see that if it’s been six months, that seems as if “no one is listening.”

I’ll try to figure out how to update.

Thanks for the note,

Gaile

We can only hope.

in Warrior

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I just thought about something a mesmer has. Like vulnerability has improved effectiveness on the Berserker Power. But idk. My original suggestion was the healing effectiveness reduction for a duration like the power buff is currently.

K Pop

in Warrior

Posted by: Onlysaneman.9612

Onlysaneman.9612

After skimming through the doc, I’m impressed by the amount of time this has had to have taken to put together, and while I’m not entirely convinced by a lot of the changes I do appreciate the effort that likely went into this. A few comments of mine:

1: I disagree with changing the greatsword’s primal burst to a condi-based attack. GS is in all other respects designed as a power weapon, and thus the change doesn’t make a whole lot of sense synergy-wise.

2: You have Signet Mastery set to proc when an attack is negated by blind, block, or evade. The problem comes from the fact that signet of might only actually helps against one of those, and thus the proc is incredibly likely to be wasted early in the fight.

3: I appreciate the general changes to banners, though I don’t think the GM trait you’ve given them is going to help all that much. Why? Because the protection requires that you hold onto the banner for a full ten seconds first, and unless I’m really underestimating the boost to the held skills, that’s a hefty requirement. Also, while -potentially- useful I don’t see the damage on summon as being all that helpful in general. I’d personally rather just have regen/CD reduction/radius increase.

4: A buff to merciless hammer is very much needed; however, I feel this goes a bit overboard. Corrupting prot and stripping stability on hammer swings would either be useless against some enemies or absolutely -broken- against others that rely on those boons.

5: I absolutely approve of the changes to “Fear Me!” A taunt is much more useful to warriors and something we really don’t get enough access to. My only gripe? The name: I’d rather not have my fantasy warrior in full plate yelling “Come at me bro!” Would ideally change to something a bit more lore-fitting.

6: The changes to frenzy make it too much a reactive rather than a proactive skill. You have to be both at low health AND use it to break a stun to get full mileage out of it. Frenzy ought to be, in my opinion, a skill used offensively to help land or maximize your burst, not something that only works under precise circumstances.

There are a few other things I’m not really sure are for the better or not, but most of those aren’t ones I have a concrete reason for opposing, and therefor will leave it at that.