Suggestion for healing signet

in Warrior

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

As I’m sure many of you are aware, many people have serious problems with healing signet and the passivity of the skill. As it stands there really is no reason to use the active portion and no need to manage it. What if it was changed, not in numbers but in function. Allow it to apply a 5-10 second boon every 5-10 seconds(as long as the two are equal) that grants similar regeneration yet is its own boon so it stacks with regeneration and make the active heal for the same or slightly more.

This means that the warrior now has to manage their heal. If they leave the boon on forever they run the risk of thieves/mesmers stealing the boon and gaining their regeneration or the threat of necromancers corrupting it(I think corrupting it into torment would be a nice fit) or just having it stripped by other means and not having their regeneration, at which point they need to decide; can you make it till the next tick of regen or do you need to use the active to keep yourself standing.

Feedback?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

HS alone is not OP

but stacking it with adrenal health + healing shouts/banners might be strong.

i personally have a roaming zerker build with HS the only sustain i got, why i should be nerfed because some warrs stack it with adrenal health + healing shouts/banners + healing power ?

in Warrior

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

What makes HS OP isn’t even comboing it with other healing sources. What makes it OP is the ability to use mobility/blocks/stuns/etc to buy time for it to work. Best fix it to reduce the rate of healing to once per 3s when outside 450 range of an enemy and boost the active, so if a Warrior moves away or gets kited he might actually have to consider pressing the heal button.

in Warrior

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

food+rune+adrenalin+signet+regen realy a little too much passive heal with 3.5k armor

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

What makes HS OP isn’t even comboing it with other healing sources. What makes it OP is the ability to use mobility/blocks/stuns/etc to buy time for it to work. Best fix it to reduce the rate of healing to once per 3s when outside 450 range of an enemy and boost the active, so if a Warrior moves away or gets kited he might actually have to consider pressing the heal button.

While I do dislike the almost entirely passive nature of Healing Signet it’s weakness is clear as day. You know ahead of time how the warrior is going to minimize it’s weaknesses so plan your bursts based on how you know they’re going to act.

Other classes healing works this way too btw, just more of those buttons they push to maximize healing output are actual heals.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

food+rune+adrenalin+signet+regen realy a little too much passive heal with 3.5k armor

Wait, wait, wait.

Food, anyone can use
Regen, anyone can use
Rune, I assume you mean Dolyak? Anyone can use…. except it’s terrible. So really, no one can use.

That leaves us with Warriors Healing Signet (6 button) , and Adrenal Health (class mechanic + 15pt trait), neither of which are OP.

Compare that to Guardian, for example….

Resolve Signet (#6 button) and Resolve Virtue (class mechanic) and dodge heals (15 pt trait).

Long story short, not OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

How about no?

It is a terrible idea.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Warrior

Necrotize.2974

Wasn’t QQing, was just a suggestion because personally I don’t think the actual numbers are OP, its just warriors should have to manage their heals like other classes instead of having a signet that is literally not worth activating and is only useful when unused. Yes, burst is the obvious counter to the passive regen, but couple that with blocks/stuns the warrior can achieve pretty long periods of time where they aren’t taking damage barring conditions to make up for the time they are, assuming they survive the initial burst.

Is HS op? IMO, no. Does it need to be reworked to encourage active play instead of warriors entire method of healing being passive(adrenal+HS+Ire), I think so. So instead of shooting down ideas or just being plain unpleasant, why don’t you contribute a worthwhile opinion with support instead of just the bandwagon class battle cry of “L2P”.

Offtopic slightly but adrenaline should be lost on a missed burst skill to tone down adrenal health. The current mechanism basically rewards you for missing with your skills with higher hp regen for the 7 seconds it takes to burst again(I think, don’t know exact cd).

in Warrior

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

It’s 400 p/s, meaning 4k per 10s, if you’re running defensive warrior build you have 30k+ health, 4k means nothing, if he’s stacked in toughness/vitality, adrenaline heal, healing shouts he probably won’t be able to kill you 1 vs 1 anyways, so what’s the complaint? He can’t kill you, you can’t kill him, seems fair enough to me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

HS alone is not OP

but stacking it with adrenal health + healing shouts/banners might be strong.

i personally have a roaming zerker build with HS the only sustain i got, why i should be nerfed because some warrs stack it with adrenal health + healing shouts/banners + healing power ?

If you are stacking it with healing Shouts or banners you are running bunker and hit like a wet noodle. Probably won’t be able to kill anyone. If they can out DPS your passive heal, the are probably running bunker as well and odds are you can’t out DPS their heals either. The is nothing OP about it.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Adamus.1287

Adamus.1287

So, what some of you here are saying is that a healing signet is op because someone whos specked and geared specifically for its use at the cost of other stats can get the best use out of it? Yeah, i think some of you need to go back to gaming school, you clearly dont get how this works. I personally would NEVER consider the use of HS in pvp. spvp, prob healing surge i guess but for wvw defiantly mending, combined with the easily gotten trait and youve got a total condition cleaner.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

As stated, HS alone is not OP. Most classes can cut a dps warrior like butter. A bunker warrior is meant to survive and costs the warrior a significant portion of their DPS. There is nothing wrong with HS, some warriors don’t enjoy the passive nature. Other warrior heals are currently lacking to an extreme is why HS is so prominent.

in Warrior

Necrotize.2974

Everyone just keeps saying “healing signet is not op because X” or “healing signet is not OP alone” but I’m not calling it OP and that wasn’t the purpose of this thread >_>

The problem I have with HS is not that its hard to deal with, it is just the passivity of basically all of warrior’s healing. Warriors should have to properly manage their heals like other classes instead of just having slot and forget traits/skills that just do it for them and aren’t worth using. A slight minor problem that emerges from this is that it is impossible to interrupt their passive healing because there is nothing to interrupt.

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

HS is weak against poison and burst damage. All you have to do is apply poison and burst the warrior down.

The thing is very few people run zerker builds nowadays. Thats the reason HS is so popular.

in Warrior

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Maybe HS is so strong because of cleansing ire ?

the skill itself is strong because you can stack it with other type of regens, but would it be nearly as effective if the warrior couldn’t clear all condi ( and mitigate all the dmg so effectively )

400 regen alone would be worthless without the constant condi clears, immunity to all damage and ability to disable(CC) for days,

in Warrior

Necrotize.2974

Poison does seem like the perfect way to counter healing signet. The problem then arises in cleansing ire. The current meta of very stun heavy builds includes two main burst skills, skull crack and earthshaker. Both of those will effectively remove any poison on the warrior when coupled with cleansing ire. I guess the main issue is that basically the 3 best traits for surviving can all be found in one trait line and can all be taken together instead of competing for positions or being in different lines.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ultrajoe.8674

Ultrajoe.8674

The problem I have with HS is not that its hard to deal with, it is just the passivity of basically all of warrior’s healing. Warriors should have to properly manage their heals like other classes instead of just having slot and forget traits/skills that just do it for them and aren’t worth using. A slight minor problem that emerges from this is that it is impossible to interrupt their passive healing because there is nothing to interrupt.

Emphasis mine.

Here’s a serious question in rebuttal: Why?

A thief has no weapon cooldowns, something every other class has to work around. A mesmer gains distracting clones for performing their most basic functions, a benefit that no other class enjoys. Necromancers get a secondary health bar, and rangers have a ton of their DPS bound up into a creature that, ideally, should run itself (I know it doesn’t, but that’s a failure in realization not conception). Why is is so inconceivable that one warrior heal should act differently to every other in the game, by being a ‘passive’ asset?

And let’s consider that for a moment, how passive is the signet, really? As you say, a warrior who creates distance, safe haven and blocks/dodges well can regain a sizable portion of their health bar through their healing signet… but that isn’t passive play. Avoiding spike damage through those active measures is a conscious action that a) neuters their damage output and b) is reliant on cool-downs and c) is the result of active, personal and reasoned judgements . Add in the fact that the signet active is a pile of trash and it becomes a serious trade-off to take HS over one of our more active heals.

On top of that, a warrior doesn’t heave stealth, protection, aegis, illusions, death shroud or any other method of buffering their health bar from hurt. We eat damage directly, with only our toughness and vitality in between us and a re-spawn. Do you remember what the warrior was before the healing signet? Our class was joke, because the game is built around classes who all have some way around the problem of how to separate themselves from a direct comparison of DPS v Effective Health. Why does it knot so many panties that the solution for warrior was one different to that of any other class, and one in keeping with their design direction?

The real reason people get mad about healing signet is that it represents a direct counter to the condition reliance that many builds currently find popular. If the meta swung the way of burst damage, all these complaints and ‘suggestions’ would vanish.

Sportuu The Dour – Fort Aspenwood Warrior
Fattest Man in [GLOB]

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Poison does seem like the perfect way to counter healing signet. The problem then arises in cleansing ire. The current meta of very stun heavy builds includes two main burst skills, skull crack and earthshaker. Both of those will effectively remove any poison on the warrior when coupled with cleansing ire. I guess the main issue is that basically the 3 best traits for surviving can all be found in one trait line and can all be taken together instead of competing for positions or being in different lines.

Thats true but Cleansing Ire is very easy to counter when you know the animations of the warriors burst skills. Cleansing Ire only removes conditions when the burst skill actually lands. If you manage to dodge the burst skill, it goes on full cooldown without removing any conditions at all.

Skull Crack is the only burst skill without an obvious long telegraphed animation, but that changes on dec 10.

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

HS is fine. There’s a reason it was made into what it is now. Warriors require PASSIVE sustain.
It is easily countered by poison and carefully planned spikes. Please – instead of going QQ on the forums try to actually get better at the game.

I would have made a longer post but Ultrajoe beat me to it. Bravo.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

HS is fine. There’s a reason it was made into what it is now. Warriors require PASSIVE sustain.
It is easily countered by poison and carefully planned spikes. Please – instead of going QQ on the forums try to actually get better at the game.

I would have made a longer post but Ultrajoe beat me to it. Bravo.

Why exactly for warriors NEED a passive sustain?

Poison counters HS the worst out of any heal. Why? Because to counter most heals you just need to poison then for a few seconds as they heal. Any half decent player can see when someone is going to want to heal and can poison acordingly. With HS though to get the same effect you need to perma poison the warrior which is obviously not going to happen.

I happen to not think HS is OP, but your arguements are bad – very bad.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

Well as Ultrajoe said earlier the passive regen on the signet is the only thing passive about utilising the signet as your heal skill.

The simple fact that you just don’t use the active outside of some futile effort to buy 1 measly second frees up the warrior to use the rest of their skill set to support what amounts to basically an extra layer of armour. The key to HS isn’t the regen, it’s the simple fact that it allows the warrior extra actions without worrying about having to save a stun/blind/block etc to open a gap to safely heal. Instead they get to use those in actively mitigating the damage in the first place.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

Do you people mind reading the tread instead of killing yourself with off topic comments? The guy is just sugesting to rework how healing signet works because right now there is no reason to use its active effect over its passive.

His sugestion is to make the Regen vulnerable to boon stealing/destroy and make the active source stronger to give the Warrior a reason to sacrifice his regen for a biger healing burst.

While I dislike the idea of making it a boon, I think it would be interesting if the healing would be reworked around a slightly lower Regen and a more impactfull Burst heal. This way you still get a powerfull Regen, with lower efficienty and a decent Burst Heal on par with the rest of the other skills. The only flavour is the extra regeneration you loose should you use the signet while the other skills keep their own twist.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

1200health/3s, would make it a bit easier to burst him down. Because you would have a 3s window between heals.

That is the only change I would make to it. The strength of the heal ain’t OP at all. 8k/20s ain’t that high and it gets hardcountered by poison.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU