The main warrior questions

in Warrior

Posted by: Rommy.9875

Rommy.9875

Q:

Please dont delete my thread again. Anet, Please tell me and others will you do something with warriors NOW? (i mean in few days, not weeks or more)

in Warrior

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

A:

NOW = no.

In upcoming patches will Warriors see some changes? = yes.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in Warrior

Posted by: mbh.8301

mbh.8301

I guess they could reduce the damage taken from frenzy and make 100b cast a little faster on its own.

[quote=1567239;Lexie.5894:] My PVP experience is very consistent. I run around,
I fight people, sometimes they kill me, sometimes I kill them. Fun is had by all. [/quote]

in Warrior

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

when will we receive the next pvp patch? just the month please, not the certain date.

plllleeeeeeaaaassssseeeeeeee :beg:

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Thanks Jon, does that mean you’re giving banners another +20 stats?

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

lmao

In addittion we’ll probably see some buffs to our underwater skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: dejay.2598

dejay.2598

NOW = no.

in b4 poopstorm

in Warrior

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

how mature…. you may be completely right about how warriors stand right now, but that just makes you look like an immature fool. specially with something that is so ever-changing like classes op/upness in mmos. as far as you know, in 2/3 months from now warriors will be the top dog in the game (and they will ofcourse receive improvements in the future, like all classes in mmos receive from time to time)…

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Them banner points are what I live for bro. If the banner regen was like a passive regen and not the regen boon it would be cool.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

NOW = no.

In the SoTG you guys said that you were no longer going to roll out big patches with all of the changes lumped together, and instead looking at releasing stuff on it’s own when it’s ready. Does balance also follow that philosophy or will those changes still be rolled out during the monthly updates?

Thanks

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I heard 25…

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

how mature…. you may be completely right about how warriors stand right now, but that just makes you look like an immature fool. specially with something that is so ever-changing like classes op/upness in mmos. as far as you know, in 2/3 months from now warriors will be the top dog in the game (and they will ofcourse receive improvements in the future, like all classes in mmos receive from time to time)…

You obviously haven’t been reading what the Devs have been saying regarding Warriors and balance improvements for the last few months. So maybe this video courteous of How I Met Your Mother will help you understand the sentiments found within these here forums.

Enjoy.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: Bellocchi.4593

Bellocchi.4593

How about the other 5 or 6 defective classes?

in Warrior

dejay.2598

seems like the burst classes that are left are weak to condi classes because they usually run shamans or rabid (high toughness) so it feels like the meta is essentially condi vs bunker

feeling really useful on my mess around minion/condition/bunkish necro running corrupt boon + plague signet

don’t think my already sub par shout warrior can deal with that, and i quit ele months ago when they became fotm

(edited by dejay.2598)

in Warrior

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

LOL hahahahahaha

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

pve is holding pvp back. u know why? cuz before they implement warrior changes in PVP they gotta run it b the PVE team first. what a bunch of horsecandy

conversation between jon and his upper management

jon : hey sir warrior pvp is weak im gonna do some buffs this week
pve boss: ok give me a list of those changes by monday and ill take a look
jon sharp: sure thing sir!! karl lets make some changes and balance this kitten!

monday…

boss: hmm ok these changes you want to be pvp only? i prefer our game to be fluid transition between pve and pvp
jon: yeah unfortunately i believe that will come at the expense of both pve and pvp.
boss: wuut?
jon: we end up having a mediocre pve and mediocre pvp game if we do that. but if we seperate them then we can have best of both worlds
boss: huh? no no. i want pve’er’s to feel connected to their characters at all times. it would be confusing to step in PVP to find your skills are different
jon: they can relearn…
boss: LISTEN ‘ERE BOY you just do as I say otherwise I cud ’git real nasty wiith ye! ye gots that boy?
jon: ooo…ook sir i’ll do my best

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in Warrior

dejay.2598

pve is holding pvp back. u know why? cuz before they implement warrior changes in PVP they gotta run it b the PVE team first. what a bunch of horsecandy

exactly the reason I bought this game in the first place, because I thought that would be a non-issue

and it’s the same reason I quit wow at the end of burning crusade, a bunch of spammy over the top skills + taking the back seat to pve – I feel like anet sold out at the first speed bump. Other games already proved pvp can be profitable, they just cut and run too quickly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The fact that you can’t understand that his statement is an obvious sarcasm and get mad about it makes me feel that you’re the immature one.

Jon had been trolling about everything he said for way too long that no-one trusts and put faith in him anymore.

Remember the incident of rangers since December? (lol animation glitch) Took them 3 months to pull out any real changes for the ranger.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

This is the carrot on the stick treatment which been going on for months

• Whats feedback?

All I can say at this point

• Action speaks louder than words
Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

i really start to hate all these devs-defenders.
like devs read the forum and go cry in a corner of the room.
they are mature enough to understand and care our mature/immature complainings

in Warrior

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

Nerfing warriors so badly when they were already weak, and with no counter-balancing buffs whatsoever, just makes this game feel like a beta in its early stage. When you enjoy warrior playstyle, the best you can do is play a warrior in another game at this point. It’s that bad.

in Warrior

Posted by: Frellin.6318

Frellin.6318

Trolling the devs helps no one.

Edit: To make it clear what I am referring to.

in Warrior

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Keep dangling that carrot Jon. Hope I don’t get an infraction for that, it is definitely NOT an analogy.

So I’ll follow up, nice Honey Badger attitude sir.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Trolling the devs helps no one.

Edit: To make it clear what I am referring to.

I was being serious! I don’t think buffing usability or ingenuity of skills is the right way to make significant changes. I firmly believe that adding stats to existing skills is the sure fire way to bring exciting change to the ever evolving landscape of the s/tPvP meta!

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in Warrior

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

NOW = no.

Man you warriors are totally screwed now. Johnathan last frequented the thief forum with some very rational and well thought out changes to stealth. He then implemented 10 changes he didn’t talk about that totally destroyed the class for PvE.

If he has his sights on you i’d suggest switching classes now,

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

Sometimes I get upset at the devs for the lack of information on class balance.

Then I remember that back when I was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, we only heard from the devs about once every few months, and all we had on the forums were some PR guys whose job was to tell us that they didn’t know what was being worked on, or couldn’t tell us.

Perspective: We can all use it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xae.7204

Xae.7204

NOW = no.

Man you warriors are totally screwed now. Johnathan last frequented the thief forum with some very rational and well thought out changes to stealth. He then implemented 10 changes he didn’t talk about that totally destroyed the class for PvE.

He did the same thing for Engineers.

in Warrior

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

NOW = no.

Hey that’s not true!!
The developtors do not really care the shxx about ranger, and see what happened?
Rangers got slapped in face too!! (PVE mostly)

So please just remember this as a life lesson:
Only play OP classes from now on if it’s the product of Anet, since they’ll just become more and more powerful. (Looking at ele an mesmer).

in Warrior

dejay.2598

NOW = no.

Hey that’s not true!!
The developtors do not really care the shxx about ranger, and see what happened?
Rangers got slapped in face too!! (PVE mostly)

So please just remember this as a life lesson:
Only play OP classes from now on if it’s the product of Anet, since they’ll just become more and more powerful. (Looking at ele an mesmer).

it’s pretty similar to what happened with d3. super hype because of the name alone, yet a different dev team – sell huge – then a kitten game

at least they picked up the pieces and fired an entire team. Actually making good improvements now.

Anet & ncsoft are elitists – they think they are almighty and the community is kitten Also very similar to the d3 team. But, I have hope only because it’s such a huge company they will overhaul the entire dev team and follow blizzards footsteps

cut your losses, start from scratch. tons of money to be made in this game still.

“Wilson also acknowledged that many may believe Blizzard fell short of its promise to release Diablo III “when it’s ready.” He said Blizzard always tries to make decisions based on information and knowledge present at the given time, though this is not an ideal situation. "

http://www.gamespot.com/news/diablo-iii-game-director-steps-down-6402588

pro-tip : he didn’t actually volunteer to move projects – standard PR move

hits pretty close to home

NOW = no.

Considering this is the only response aside from leadboard clarification since the patch, you can obviously see the attitude. They don’t care.

Robot responses, dwindling forums. Now we are getting attitude when asking about a serious issue for days now.

What kind of company model is this? They are literally telling us go away we have your money already and wait for the expansion.

Go ahead, delete my post and infract me. I notice they are caring less and less about forum -hush hush- control as well. Until the next expansion is soon and they hype it – then everyone shhhh so we can sell some more boxes hehehhehe.

(edited by dejay.2598)

in Warrior

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

NOW = no.

Oh probably more nerfs I’d bet.

in Warrior

Posted by: stratosphere.9401

stratosphere.9401

So they are just going to leave warriors buildless for one month, and possibly even a longer time? Gosh… Devs these days are baffling

in Warrior

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

So they are just going to leave warriors buildless for one month, and possibly even a longer time? Gosh… Devs these days are baffling

A hotpatch from arenanet? Unless you straight up can’t play, they don’t care.

Besides, anet probably hasn’t even played warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

You can’t take this thread serious anymore. I mean every class will change in upcoming patches, can be this year, can be next year. What Jon is saying is like the rest we can read from them, which in every text you see the words “soon”, “upcoming”, “we take a look at it”, We are working on it", “we release it when it’s done”, “we can’t say when, but it definitely will be done” etc.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Warrior

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Hes going to buff the undesirable warrior skills/builds. Like buffing S/D ele and people will go crazy even though nobody uses S/D ele.

in Warrior

dejay.2598

You can’t take this thread serious anymore. I mean every class will change in upcoming patches, can be this year, can be next year. What Jon is saying is like the rest we can read from them, which in every text you see the words “soon”, “upcoming”, “we take a look at it”, We are working on it", “we release it when it’s done”, “we can’t say when, but it definitely will be done” etc.

feels like a slap in the face honestly, at least the other posts they were actually trying to be good liars

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

feels like a slap in the face honestly, at least the other posts they were actually trying to be good liars

yeah well i bet jon is tired of having to keep secrets from us, but his job depends on it. you, like boss calling him to a meeting type of stuff to warn him about giving out too much info. what a crappy company policy.

i mean i watch SOTG and i feel the jon’s are good guys and are decent pvper’s but their company policy is holding them back from making a decent pvp game. not just the “dont tell” policy but also the focus on PVE.

in Warrior

dejay.2598

yeah well i bet jon is tired of having to keep secrets from us, but his job depends on it. you, like boss calling him to a meeting type of stuff to warn him about giving out too much info. what a crappy company policy.

i mean i watch SOTG and i feel the jon’s are good guys and are decent pvper’s but their company policy is holding them back from making a decent pvp game. not just the “dont tell” policy but also the focus on PVE.

I doubt his boss makes him do SOTG. So therefore he is purposely feeding us bullkitten, to keep his department relevant longer to secure his job. IE – selling out

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

NOW = no.

I’d say this reply is a stellar confirmation on how they view the subject in question

They don’t even care or they don’t see it as a problem deserving of an actual reply.

Despite the multitude of posts, polls and votes blatantly contradicting what they think.

in Warrior

Rommy.9875

NOW = no.

Thanks. I see you totally disrespect your players. I think the main reason that hardcore pvpers been around til now because we know you CAN do amazing pvp. It was all about HOPE lol but now we can truly see that you just dont give a kitten. Really thank you, anet.

(edited by Rommy.9875)

in Warrior

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

NOW = no.

Actually that was the straightest answer in the last couple of months.

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

This is the carrot on the stick treatment which been going on for months

• Whats feedback?

All I can say at this point

• Action speaks louder than words

i don’t know, just a glance at the forums after this patch lets the devs know we’re speaking pretty dam loud about the removal of the warrior.
yes i said removal, there is now nothing our class can do that another class could’nt do alot better, taking a warrior will kitten your team.

in Warrior

Posted by: xiv.7136

xiv.7136

NOW = no.

Are you doing it right? = no.

Do you need to drastically change your policy and start moving quickly? = yes.

in Warrior

Posted by: rapsus.7528

rapsus.7528

I’m sick of threads about the warrior. The main spvp questions are not about the warrior. Stop crying, warriors of the world.

in Warrior

Rommy.9875

I’m sick of threads about the warrior. The main spvp questions are not about the warrior. Stop crying, warriors of the world.

Why we should stop!? If i slap in your face on the streets will you just go away xD ?

in Warrior

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Why we should stop!? If i slap in your face on the streets will you just go away xD ?

Ooooh, this made my day!
But seriously, something has to be epicly wrong in a game when a class gets not playable anymore in tPvP just with a debuff on one single utility. Or are we wrong?

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in Warrior

Posted by: rapsus.7528

rapsus.7528

Ooooh, this made my day!
But seriously, something has to be epicly wrong in a game when a class gets not playable anymore in tPvP just with a debuff on one single utility. Or are we wrong?

You’re not wrong, but in the forums there are a thousand threads about this. Are needed? No.

in Warrior

Rommy.9875

Yes! I think if there will be 100 warrior threads in each forum section it will make a sense.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bluedarknesss.1685

Bluedarknesss.1685

Lol I think this patch was the straw that broke the camels back and destroyed several viable class builds with out creating any thing new to replace them. Engi only 1 build thats even worth playing now and this patch was going to fix that class lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

The main question is will Ele stay on top of everything?

Last night we played some tPvP. One tourney started and we played Ele,Ele,Guard, Mesmer and me as Engineer (random group). The other team was Ranger, Warrior, Warrior, Necro, Engineer. Easy win and it really was.

Ele is too strong.

in Warrior

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

Sometimes I get upset at the devs for the lack of information on class balance.

Then I remember that back when I was playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, we only heard from the devs about once every few months, and all we had on the forums were some PR guys whose job was to tell us that they didn’t know what was being worked on, or couldn’t tell us.

Perspective: We can all use it.

As someone who mained a Shaman in WoW when the first wave of class patches were being bandied about, I agree with this sentiment.