Time to Retire Warriors

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Warrior to me has been a blast. Great in every game mode, easy to play and challenging to play well vs challenging AI and good players.

ANET will officially kill off warriors in this next patch. By the promotion of passive play and destruction of warriors life line adrenaline.

Many out there are now welcoming these changes and I hope that you are happy that you got what you wanted. You had lobbied ANET each and every day for ANET to NERF warriors. But had you ever stopped for one second to realize the problem wasn’t warriors and it wasn’t the class you play but it was you.

All us warriors ever wanted was enough sustain to become viable. Once we finally got a reasonable amount of sustain which still wasn’t as high as some other professions had. People began to beg ANET to nerf our DPS and systematically warrior has been reduced to now less DPS than a guardian as well as less sustain.

With almost all of our sustain, our DPS, and Our CC being tied to one thing adrenaline you can now officially say goodbye to warriors. Congratulate yourself in making warriors free bags again and holding warriors to a standard now higher than any other profession is held to.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Even right now warriors have lower DPS than guardians.

After the patch, the only two classes that will have lower DPS than warrior will be ranger and necro.

And just think… people are still saying warriors are OP. It’s so bizarre.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I doubt the class will be killed off but the reality is that we struggled through a very bad year before we got any buffs at all – a darker period is coming but I feel in the far future we’ll have our hour again.

I’m really going to enjoy the mesmer, thief, engi and guard nerfs that are coming once the QQ bandwagon moves onto them and floods the forums like they did with Warrior.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

After the patch, the only two classes that will have lower DPS than warrior will be ranger and necro.

And just think… people are still saying warriors are OP. It’s so bizarre.

Power Necro will still be the kings of backline DPS in ZVZ combat wvw. Ranger will now be much more better off than they were before. Ranger>Warrior post patch IMO. Giving rangers basically stances without having to trait for them and as well as the buffs to consolidating pet traits is huge.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

They should not be nerfing anyone. They should be buffing other classes instead. Damage was fine pre-ferocity.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I’ve been pro adrenaline nerf and still am because it makes sense for balance purposes. However… what isn’t balanced are evade/stealth/blind spam thieves (DP especially) and DPS meditation guardians. It’s almost impossible to beat one of those on a glassy warrior.

Both of them spam evades, blinds and/or stealth/block more than anything and it’s ridiculous. You will miss your burst even if you’re the best player in the game.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or if you’re really just not smart.

I main warrior and have for the majority of my time playing the game. I’ve said for a long time that it needed nerfed. Why you might ask? Let me give you a run down on my warriors stats.

In WvW with guard stacks and bloodlust stacks:
I have 3040 power, 3036 armor, 37% crit, 184% crit damage and 30k HP…

I’m running PTV armor with zerker trinkets and weapons and hoelbrak runes. My roaming build of 2/0/6/6/0 coupled with healing signet and shout heals grants me more sustain than any other class could DREAM of having. Also having over 3k power sets me dealing more damage than most people can do. My typical eviscerate on any opponent hits for 7k-10k.

I’m running Axe/Warhorn and Hammer for roaming. Condition clears with my warhorn = even more sustain. Merciless Hammer trait gives me 20% more damage to foes that are disabled in any way, so every time I drop my 3, 4, 5 or F1 skill with my hammer on them, I deal 20% more damage, all while still having 3k power WITHOUT might stacks.. I typically have a full up time of 10+ stacks of might even solo roaming thanks to how broken strength sigils are and FGJ and Signet of Rage..

With cleansing ire, my adrenaline bar pretty much stays full in combat, so I’m not worried about losing my adrenaline out of combat at all. Thats also adding to the sustain because every time I drop my F1, I clear 3 conditions. When my adrenaline is full, Adrenal Health gives me right around 400HP every 3 seconds, all while healing signet is giving me 380 every second. Thats roughly a 500HP regen per second, then go ahead and throw in using Dogged March, so you gain regeneration every time someone stuns, immobilized, chills or cripples you too?

Warrior is certainly too strong, no class has the sustain, capability to lock down, run away or deal damage in melee range. This patch will not kill the warrior, it will help balance it some more. Sadly enough, the “balance” still will leave warrior as a significantly stronger class than any of the other classes.

If you think that warrior has low sustain, you need to try out some other builds because you’re far from correct on it. I’ve got over 2000 hours logged on warrior and I know that these changes will not effect me in the slightest for my play style or my build.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

Words

That’s not warrior being too strong. That’s simply an unbalance of WvW/PvE stats availability and the fact that mixing stats is possible. IMO mixing shouldn’t be possible because it would pretty much fix all balance issues outside of SPVP.

A change like that would be very healthy for the games balance even if many people would QQ about it.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

If you think that warrior has low sustain, you need to try out some other builds because you’re far from correct on it. I’ve got over 2000 hours logged on warrior and I know that these changes will not effect me in the slightest for my play style or my build.

Have you ever stop to think that your play style, build, and opinions based on those experiences isn’t an accurate representation of the games broader balance and in general.

And No I am not trolling but this isn’t a wvw discussion. It is an all encompassing post based on every intricacy and facet of the game. Not to sound rude any time I see any warrior build except a PVE pure axe build or a front line WVW build without fast hands I just LOL.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Josh XT.6053

Oh god, PVE bads complaining about changes that were made because warrior is too strong in PVP and WvW. Get over it, your 100 blades deals less damage and you dont get to have full adrenaline from one PVE boss to another where you simply spam 1 and 2 the whole time.

Get over it, you’re playing a talentless sport.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: EvilSardine.9635

EvilSardine.9635

I main warrior and have for the majority of my time playing the game. I’ve said for a long time that it needed nerfed. Why you might ask? Let me give you a run down on my warriors stats.

I’m running PTV armor with zerker trinkets and weapons and hoelbrak runes. My roaming build of 2/0/6/6/0 coupled with healing signet and shout heals grants me more sustain than any other class could DREAM of having. Also having over 3k power sets me dealing more damage than most people can do. My typical eviscerate on any opponent hits for 7k-10k.

I’m running Axe/Warhorn and Hammer for roaming. Condition clears with my warhorn = even more sustain. Merciless Hammer trait gives me 20% more damage to foes that are disabled in any way, so every time I drop my 3, 4, 5 or F1 skill with my hammer on them, I deal 20% more damage, all while still having 3k power WITHOUT might stacks.. I typically have a full up time of 10+ stacks of might even solo roaming thanks to how broken strength sigils are and FGJ and Signet of Rage..

With cleansing ire, my adrenaline bar pretty much stays full in combat, so I’m not worried about losing my adrenaline out of combat at all. Thats also adding to the sustain because every time I drop my F1, I clear 3 conditions. When my adrenaline is full, Adrenal Health gives me right around 400HP every 3 seconds, all while healing signet is giving me 380 every second. Thats roughly a 500HP regen per second, then go ahead and throw in using Dogged March, so you gain regeneration every time someone stuns, immobilized, chills or cripples you too?

Warrior is certainly too strong, no class has the sustain, capability to lock down, run away or deal damage in melee range. This patch will not kill the warrior, it will help balance it some more. Sadly enough, the “balance” still will leave warrior as a significantly stronger class than any of the other classes.

You also do zero damage. You might think you do enough damage with those stats to some light armor classes but you really don’t. It’s not as useful as being full zerker. Our roaming group would ignore you in a fight and just save you for last.

Warriors can’t even touch the sustain and damage that guardians put out. Warriors will be free bags now for us.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Warriors won’t be useless come patch, the adrenalin change as well as others are for a pvp perspective. They were over the top and needed some changes. The adrenalin change will actually bring in some thought to the class instead of just spamming burst skills without any repercussions. Also the change to beserker stance was a bug fix, there was no reason that should stack 5 stacks of adrenalin causing your bar to fill extremely fast.
Now you have to actually think when to burst or you can lose your adrenalin if you miss. No more spamming lb burst to cleanse whenever you want regardless if you hit anything or not. The change to impale is better since that was very powerful. Honestly I feel it needs a better tell like they did with pin down.
This isn’t the end of the world, wars will still be in a good place, it’s not like it’s going to be warrior at launch all over again. Players will adapt jut fine.

Säïnt

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Oh god, PVE bads complaining about changes that were made because warrior is too strong in PVP and WvW. Get over it, your 100 blades deals less damage and you dont get to have full adrenaline from one PVE boss to another where you simply spam 1 and 2 the whole time.

Well I’m from MAG. With FA’s back capping, dodging zergs to hit doors, constant running from fights, and overall PPT over fights mentality. I would hardly consider you to be an expert on warriors abilities to fight. Especially all while running around in full PTV. Trust me I know all about it. Too bad Mag imploded or I would still be on that server.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Warriors won’t be useless come patch, the adrenalin change as well as others are for a pvp perspective. They were over the top and needed some changes. The adrenalin change will actually bring in some thought to the class instead of just spamming burst skills without any repercussions. Also the change to beserker stance was a bug fix, there was no reason that should stack 5 stacks of adrenalin causing your bar to fill extremely fast.
Now you have to actually think when to burst or you can lose your adrenalin if you miss. No more spamming lb burst to cleanse whenever you want regardless if you hit anything or not. The change to impale is better since that was very powerful. Honestly I feel it needs a better tell like they did with pin down.
This isn’t the end of the world, wars will still be in a good place, it’s not like it’s going to be warrior at launch all over again. Players will adapt jut fine.

These changes pretty much undo all the good they ever did for the warrior class. So no, it’s not going to be fine.

Worst part is they spent the last 10 months giving all warrior burst skills stupid obvious telegraphs.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Josh XT.6053

Well I’m from MAG. With FA’s back capping, dodging zergs to hit doors, constant running from fights, and overall PPT over fights mentality. I would hardly consider you to be an expert on warriors abilities to fight. Especially all while running around in full PTV. Trust me I know all about it. Too bad Mag imploded or I would still be on that server.

Not everyone zergs around, I roam solo or run with a 3-5 man group or run with oT that never attacks any doors.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

its not doomsday yet.

in fact I’m looking forward to it.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

PSh I’m still going to play my Warriors, the only thing this is going to affect is FotM(Flavor of the month) players and when i mean affect I mean they’re going to move to another FotM class. What this change for warrior is going to do is make it require a lot more skill and thought about Adrenaline management, instead of using your burst skill every time it’s off CD.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

In a group setting, like a dungeon run, what is in your opinion the Warrior’s role?

By that I mean, what’s a Warrior really good at? What does a Warrior do better than any other class?

I’m asking this because I read Nike’s guide, your guide and Element’s guide (and found them all enlightening, so thank you guys all for the time and effort spent on them!), and I was left with the idea that our role as warriors is having a high damage output, a decent capability at stacking vuln, while also boosting the reast of the party with our banners and shouts.

BUT if our personal dps is actually among the lowest, what are we good for?
An engi can stack more vuln then us, an ele can provide might and fury to the party… Are we only useful because of our banners? :-s

(edited by Maxwell.7843)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Not everyone zergs around, I roam solo or run with a 3-5 man group or run with oT that never attacks any doors.

Then you know that when you enter a fight you start calling targets. It’s funny because we tend to start with the most annoying/fatal classes. The usual conversation when roaming with 3-5 people:

“Ok Necro first!”
“Comon guys this necro needs to go NOW!”
“kitten this ranger hits like a truck! Kill it, it’s squishy!”
“Next target please, I’m getting focused by two warriors.”
“Ok this engi is condi right up, T engi, I’ll pull him!”
“Dear god this Guardian blinds me like kitten all! Can we nuke it please?”
“Ok T switch, guard then engi!”
“Guard downed, engi back on the menu!”
“I got the stomp! Now get those kittening hammer warriors just stunning around all the time!”
“Thief inc, T switch to thief!”
“Thief stomped, back to warriors!”

Warriors can be good, but they’re usually a class that’s just around to keep pressure. Because that is what they can do. It’s their thang. And now they are nerfing it. The necros, rangers, engis those are the ones with the nuking power in group play. Don’t for a second try to trick me into thinking you’d choose to nuke a warrior over an engi or condi necro or LB power ranger as your first target.

That said I don’t think this nerf is particularly bad. It’s a smart nerf that will hit us enough to make it noticable. It will be a weaker class, especially in small group play, but it’s still gonna make what it’s there to do.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

In a group setting, like a dungeon run, what is in your opinion the Warrior’s role?

By that I mean, what’s a Warrior really good at? What does a Warrior do better than any other class?

I’m asking this because I read Nike’s guide, your guide and Element’s guide (and found them all enlightening, so thank you guys all for the time and effort spent on them!), and I was left with the idea that our role as warriors is having a high damage output, a decent capability at stacking vuln, while also boosting the reast of the party with our banners and shouts.

BUT if our personal dps is actually among the lowest, what are we good for?
An engi can stack more vuln then us, an ele can provide might and fury to the party… Are we only useful because of our banners? :-s

My take is….sort of?
I feel like, in a group setting, we really shine in the role opposite that of a typical Guardian role. Rather than defensive support, we are great at providing offensive buffs.

Providing fury and might stacks to ourselves and teammates is VERY strong imho.

Providing CC on players/mobs (who can receive it), is also a valuable asset. Those couple of seconds if imob./stun can be critical (they are not attacking, moving, blocking, etc). With only a few other players involved, this becomes a MASSIVE advantage. I’ve been on the receiving-end before and it is…very…demoralizing.

ETC. ETC.

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Wonder if it’ll still be worth it to bring Warrior into a dungeon after this

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Bee.6239

Bee.6239

Eh, it sucks. Now I see no point in using an eviscerate unless I know its 100% set up. Will be pointless even using evis on an acro thief. I’d rather spam 1 and keep my adrenal. What upsets me the most is that I can’t fake out eviscerates or hammer leap anymore…

If they’re doin this to adrenaline, Some of our burst animations seriously need reworking. Like who the hell can’t dodge a killshot,eviscerate,hammer stun, skullcrack?

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

As a 0/5/3/0/6 Greatsword Warrior in WvW, this nerf is gonna sting, but maybe not all too badly.

The new Burst Skill looks nice and quick, and if I’m going to be losing my Adrenaline at the end of a fight, I might as well pop it as a finishing move (which apparently does additional damage if the target is under 50% HP). I feel a couple of Warrior builds had to ruin the whole class for everyone, but a necessary nerf is a necessary nerf.

The only people who are going to “retire” their Warriors are those who never liked the flavor of the class, and only stuck around for their place on the food chain.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Warrior to me has been a blast. Great in every game mode, easy to play and challenging to play well vs challenging AI and good players.

ANET will officially kill off warriors in this next patch. By the promotion of passive play and destruction of warriors life line adrenaline.

Many out there are now welcoming these changes and I hope that you are happy that you got what you wanted. You had lobbied ANET each and every day for ANET to NERF warriors. But had you ever stopped for one second to realize the problem wasn’t warriors and it wasn’t the class you play but it was you.

All us warriors ever wanted was enough sustain to become viable. Once we finally got a reasonable amount of sustain which still wasn’t as high as some other professions had. People began to beg ANET to nerf our DPS and systematically warrior has been reduced to now less DPS than a guardian as well as less sustain.

With almost all of our sustain, our DPS, and Our CC being tied to one thing adrenaline you can now officially say goodbye to warriors. Congratulate yourself in making warriors free bags again and holding warriors to a standard now higher than any other profession is held to.

The Warrior profession was in a worse spot at launch and the next 9 months after that than it will be after this patch. I have mainly played a Warrior since Guild Wars and will not change.

At least Warrior is not last on the totem poll (yet)…

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

Maxwell.7843 – in group settings the warrior is good primarily only because of banners and ‘for great justice’ along with vuln stacking.

That is the short answer. I’m guessing that isn’t gonna be a satisfying response so I’ll go into some detail as to why that is the case!

So truth be told, warriors are of the strongest when it comes to soloing. As more players are added into the picture, the warrior’s efficacy increases as expected but not to the degree of most other classes. Does that make sense?

If not, consider how an elementalist fares when soloing. Sure they can be monsters and have plenty of skills at their disposal but the combat is typically not as fluid as a warrior’s will be.

Most of the time, a warrior’s rotation won’t change nearly as much as an elementalist’s will when put under pressure; a warrior doesn’t need to blast in fire fields for their fury or might but an elementalist does. Warriors have 3 blocks at their disposal to use if needed be, but often won’t need more than one (sword offhand) when the situation calls for it. An elementalist doesn’t have these luxuries, as swirling winds/obsidian flesh/arcane shield all have long cooldowns by comparison and since managing your attunements is extremely important for maintaining fury+might uptime, it’s fairly obvious that elementalists have a more difficult time with accessing what they need and maintaining rotations.

Warriors don’t necessarily need to change traits as frequently as an elementalist does when swapping weapons (staff and d/f benefit greatly from different traits and conjure use is important to factor in as well).

I’m not familiar with other classes aside from these two in detail so it’d only be proper to draw a comparison between the king of solos (warr) and the king of groups (ele). Warrior is built for soloing, but there’s little that changes with their gameplay between solo and group content. Whether or not other people are present, a warrior’s rotations won’t change a whole lot.

Hope this explanation helps.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Please stop the melodramatics, it’s getting pathetic. God forbid warrior has a little risk.

Attachments:

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

Please stop the melodramatics, it’s getting pathetic. God forbid warrior has a little risk.

A risk that perhaps only the ranger class shares, but not exactly in the same way.

If you want it to be fair let us interrupt the use of every classes core mechanic.

Give guardian virtues a cast time, same goes for eles switch elements, and necro death shroud. Oh yeah and engineers as well, with their potions, elixirs, and turrets. Thieves should lose stealth on a miss, etc etc etc.

Point is that warrior will become the only class in the game that can have it’s class mechanic completely shut down by 1 single condition. The worst part is that conditions are so easy to spam you don’t even have to be trying to target them with it either.

Fair is fair, after all. You want risks in your game play every other class should have them, too.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

A risk that perhaps only the ranger class shares, but not exactly in the same way.

If you want it to be fair let us interrupt the use of every classes core mechanic.

Give guardian virtues a cast time, same goes for eles switch elements, and necro death shroud. Oh yeah and engineers as well, with their potions, elixirs, and turrets. Thieves should lose stealth on a miss, etc etc etc.

Point is that warrior will become the only class in the game that can have it’s class mechanic completely shut down by 1 single condition. The worst part is that conditions are so easy to spam you don’t even have to be trying to target them with it either.

Fair is fair, after all. You want risks in your game play every other class should have them, too.

Risk? Are you kidding me? Warriors could never even look at their F keys are still be top tier. It’s a shiny added bonus to you, not something you need. There is no risk.

Try looking at Rangers who suffer a 30-40% class wide damage nerf thanks to our mechanics, or Necromancers who suffer having no defensive mechnics other than their class mechanics, or Elementalists who are forced to have a serious lack of build diversity thanks to no weapon swapping because of their mechnic. These are classes with depends wholely and entirely on their mechnics to compete anywhere in the game.

So cry me a river if you are worried your mega-burst skill could possibly be countered, because god forbid you need to do without that bonus skill you have.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

Because nerfing adrenaline is going to encourage build diversity.

It’s going to do exactly the opposite. Guess what you’ll be seeing from 98% of the warriors after the patch? Longbow. Yep, that build diversity.

I only mention this because you used eleses and lack of build diversity being locked to 1 weapon as one of your counter-points.

And necros have conditions. Conditions which can prevent other classes (warrior) from landing their important skills. Which wouldn’t you know it, is defensive. It’s almost like that’s how it’s meant to be, or something.

P.S. At any given moment, even with weapon swap, eles have twice as many skills available to them than any other class.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Lucentfir.7430

It’s going to do exactly the opposite. Guess what you’ll be seeing from 98% of the warriors after the patch? Longbow. Yep, that build diversity.

As for eleses and lack of build diversity being locked to 1 weapon as one of your counter-points….there you go.

And necros have conditions. Conditions which can prevent other classes (warrior) from landing their important skills. Which wouldn’t you know it, is defensive. It’s almost like that’s how it’s meant to be, or something.

Then they’ll realize that LB won’t compliment the play style of their build, and start to think of reworking their build. Some will probably start going Brawler’s Recovery, Cleansing Ire route while others might resort to Lyssa runes. LB is nice and all, but if you’re just taking it so you can just expend adrenaline whenever you have 3 bars to clear 3 conditions, and messing with the flow of your build, it’ll normally end with a unsatisfied feeling that you put on yourself.

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

fellyn.5083

As for eleses and lack of build diversity being locked to 1 weapon as one of your counter-points….there you go.

Then they’ll realize that LB won’t compliment the play style of their build, and start to think of reworking their build. Some will probably start going Brawler’s Recovery, Cleansing Ire route while others might resort to Lyssa runes. LB is nice and all, but if you’re just taking it so you can just expend adrenaline whenever you have 3 bars to clear 3 conditions, and messing with the flow of your build, it’ll normally end with a unsatisfied feeling that you put on yourself.

There are more reasons to use longbow burst than just reliable condition cleanse. It’s good at getting people off points.

And the majority of warriors use longbow already..

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Flitzie.6082

Flitzie.6082

What the hell, calm down guys!

The 5% damage nerf on 100b and Whirlwind attack are not going to be noticable at all in a pve party.
Maybe for those “elitists” and certainly for Solo players. As much as I respect the solo-guys, instances are not meant to be done solo and even if thats what you do you’ll manage past patch.

The other two significant changes are the adrenaline changes and the new arcing slice. Let us forget the other minor balance changes for now since they really don’t matter at all.

Taking a look at the adrenaline, only the changes that affect the decay after combat are going to be noticable, and mostly in PvE.
I have actively been counting the missing burst in a WvW environment since the patch notes came out and I may miss 1 out of 10 bursts and mostly because I screw up.
So yea, depleting adrenaline on a missed burst is only reasonable balance wise and will effect only those Warriors who got used to easy mode.
Warriors who open up a fight with Earthshaker, Evis or other burst skills are certainly doing something wrong anyway.

I still run a Sword/shield(warhorn) + Hammer build in WvW but with this patch I will for sure roll GS+Hammer as I think Its finally going to be superior! Outside of zerging of course.
The block on the Shield is useful, but so is the Rush skill. And now the GS even has a spike skill like final thrust, that mind you, hits with full damage on only 1 bar of adrenaline! Burst mastery + Earthshaker into Arcing slice anyone?!

Even the infamous GS/Sw+whatever builds are getting huge buffs now!

You touched the shiny, didn’t you?

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Ergolicious.1507

Ergolicious.1507

Fact is, in PVP (please stop those WvW/pve discussion when a balance patch comes out, nobody freaking cares…), Warrior was too strong. The upcoming adrenaline change will hurt Warrior A LOT in general because even though there are builds who don’t make use of adrenaline at all, the hammer + bow build was BY FAR the strongest one when played well. (or even Hammer + anything really). And those builds become a billion times weaker if you don’t use (and soon miss) your adrenaline skills. Every Warrior build who don’t use their adrenaline are laughable lackluster builds who can just be ignored (“lawl you’re wrong I do a lot of damage with my tanky GS only build”).

I personally play Mace + shield / Gs mainly on my War and I will be honest, I do miss f1 (everybody does, stop kittening lying) sometimes simply because I get outplayed. Warrior will be a real challenge to play when the patch hits the deck because when Berzerker stance is on cd, you don’t restore 3 bars of adrenalien within 7 secondes so landing your f1 skills will be CRUCIAL.

Not the mention the fact adrenaline will also be at ZERO for every encounter… (when Necros, for exemple, can count on their fully charged death shroud from past fights to compensate their “so called weak damage and survability”.)

All that to say that we will be seeing a LOT less warriors pretty soon lol.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

I’m gonna wait and see, but if the Warrior class has been overly beaten by the nerf stick I’ll probably shelve him and make my Guardian my main char. Until the Guardian gets mega nerfed, which I’m sure is coming.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

Minute the warrior class requires a shred of skill you shelf your warrior. Good fight noobs, no more passive bull kitten play from you, your class actually has a risk to it… What every other class has had for a long time

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Lucentfir.7430

I’m gonna wait and see, but if the Warrior class has been overly beaten by the nerf stick I’ll probably shelve him and make my Guardian my main char. Until the Guardian gets mega nerfed, which I’m sure is coming.

Good luck with that, a lot of people with this mind set will go back to playing Warrior or another class after they realize the trade offs of what . Also if you’re talking about playing a medi guard, it’s not a walk in the park as many seem to think, maybe against people who’ve played PVE for a majority of their game time, but against more experienced players, have fun.

Edit: One more thing to note, what you plan to do in shelving Warrior, who’s supposedly your main, and making guard your main, is not maining, that’s called riding the FotM wave, in sense you don’t really have a main to begin with. You just play the stuff that’s FotM on top of the food chain of classes. If you really mained warrior you’d stick to the class, even after nerfs, because you love the class, not because it’s on top.

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Purple Miku.7032

please stop those WvW/pve discussion when a balance patch comes out, nobody freaking cares…

Stopped reading after this.

“Nobody cares about the things that I don’t care about.” -Ergolicious.1507

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

I love my warrior, I try to play every class but its my warrior that I love to play. This adrenaline change wont effect me at all, they could nerf hundred blades by 80% and I would still play warrior.

untill they fundamentally change who the warrior is I will continue to play it because to me It is the most fun class to play.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: AnonMD.7263

AnonMD.7263

Not the mention the fact adrenaline will also be at ZERO for every encounter… (when Necros, for exemple, can count on their fully charged death shroud from past fights to compensate their “so called weak damage and survability”.)

Okay, lets go ahead and make a build for a Necro with these changes. Since it won’t build up every fight, we’ll have to use the good ol’ dagger with a warhorn/focus, as it’s got the fastest LF gain. What do you mean I can’t use condis effectively now? Whatever, I’d rather not instantly die, this light armor ain’t doing much for me. Alright, now we just need… one, two… all of our utilities will be spectral skills. Hey, a grab! Neat. Now we’ve gotta take traits to help those out… Done. Hey, I hear SoV got a buff, let’s use that! Alright! First fight with the build and- I’m downed. Ah, well, probably just some insane Fresh Air El- Oh. That uh. That’s water. Huh.

tldr; stahp

(edited by AnonMD.7263)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: MarauderShields.6830

MarauderShields.6830

Ok, but only if virtue cooldown is reduced to 10 seconds (or 7, if traited) and their effects are buffed to be at least similarly as powerful as burst skills.

Former running-really-fast-man. Now proud member of Revenant clan.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Make an alt.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Warrior. Ravager. Never played hambow. Only played 12-15 hours on duel sword condi. Always loved greatsword/sword+shield or axe/shield-sword/mace. My builds got stronger with change to f1 great sword burst.

If you sat in hambow/duel sword easy mode this entire time and never explored warrior, this patch will most certainly ruin you and relaying on longbow won’t win any where as many fights for you. However, if you didn’t dwell permanently on these 2 builds and learned warrior you’ll be fine.

Not too mention, if you engaged in pvp outside of hambow/duel sword easy mode and actually built up a mesmer, ranger, ele, engi etc..then this patch will give you more professions builds and buffs. If you took the time to run ranger and got good with them and were constantly just losing to sloppy hambow play purely because of how forgiving the build is, well this is going to be your lucky day. Now the shoe will be on the other foot and those who know warrior well will have to sing for their supper just like every other profession has to.

It is a good thing overall. The FoTM warrior’s will no doubt migrate to mesmer torment staff build. It was this influx of players posting there hambow vid’s over and over again that ultimately got warrior highlighted for nerfing..these ppl will be gone now.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Maxwell.7843

Maxwell.7843

Flintbrow.7985 and Purple Miku.7032, thank you both for answering

Both of your explanations greatly clarified the issue!

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

I really don’t care either way. Let them nerf warriors. I will use my new underdog position to complain about every other class until they get nerfed.

The thing about qq is that it always has backlash. I’m willing to see how this patch works out. If it ends up tipping the balance too far, then maybe some other classes will get the “its too strong” treatment.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

You also do zero damage. You might think you do enough damage with those stats to some light armor classes but you really don’t. It’s not as useful as being full zerker. Our roaming group would ignore you in a fight and just save you for last.

Warriors can’t even touch the sustain and damage that guardians put out. Warriors will be free bags now for us.

this is the worst post ive ever seen on the internet

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

so youre saying ANET is promoting passive play by changing things that make warrior the most passive class. interesting

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

so youre saying ANET is promoting passive play by changing things that make warrior the most passive class. interesting

Pretty much yes. ANET is discouraging warriors from using burst skills and to just hold on to adrenaline.

Burst skills are hard enough to land on bad players. Most warriors won’t take any risks from now on since they will be penalized severely for even trying.

Penalized more than any other class for missing a skill. It wouldn’t be so bad if the reward outweighed the risk but lets face it. Having most of your sustain, DPS, and CC tied to one thing burst skills are the Achilles heel of warriors.

Remove that and they are at this point on the bottom of every other class in the game because lets face it. All people have done is cryed to ANET to nerf warriors. And ANET has repeatedly listened to them instead of buffing other professions or telling them to go learn to play. Which in most cases is what they needed to do.

Are some things a bit strong on warriors yes, But other things on every other profession is a bit strong too if used right. Problem is it doesn’t take a PHD to figure out how to play a warrior, where on other classes you actually have to think.

At this point as a warrior even now before the patch if you want to beat someone else who is actually good on another class its an uphill battle for you as a warrior.

And people are still screaming for nerfs.

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Yes, if you miss an Adrenaline burst against a PvE mob you have serious issues not related to the game or simply have no idea regarding the mechanics of a boss.

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Yes, if you miss an Adrenaline burst against a PvE mob you have serious issues not related to the game or simply have no idea regarding the mechanics of a boss.

Not quite what I was getting at..I was more concerned about the massive damage drop (Greatsword nerf and the Adrenaline nerf really effects Berserker’s Power) and if Banners will even make up for it or am I better off bringing a different class

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Time to Retire Warriors

in Warrior

Warlord.9074

Too bad no one listened to us. There quite a few people who knew how bad these changes were.