Trait dealing with Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Raptorious Big.5416

Raptorious Big.5416

Yo im wondering why Physical Training(Physical utility skills do 100% more damage and recharge 20% faster.) paired with Powerful Banners(Banners do damage when summoned.) and Inspiring Banners(Banners apply their bonuses to a larger area. Banners recharge 20% faster.) doesnt apply the 100% dmg or the extra 20% cooldown reduction to banners. So banners aren’t considered physical utilities when the Physical Training trait is activated?

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Bulls charge,Kick,Stomp and Throw Bolas are Physical utilitity skills,banners are not.So the trait only applies to the skills mentioned.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

they are considered Physical Utility skills cause theyre the only warrior skills that deal dmg in the utility slots, so like i was saying with the trait that gives banners dmg why doesnt Physical Training apply to it.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

they are considered Physical Utility skills cause theyre the only warrior skills that deal dmg in the utility slots, so like i was saying with the trait that gives banners dmg why doesnt Physical Training apply to it.

They are not Physicial utility skills,check the wiki page i linked.A banner is an skill type wich has its own skill bar with enviromental weapon skills and one attack skill,that’s different than an actuall Physical utility skill like Stomp.

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

you don’t get it……

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

I’m talking about the initial activation of the skill, because its not on your 1-5 when you throw it down, its in your utility slots.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

you don’t get it……

I do get it,but you don’t.Simply put..The traits dont effect the banners because they are in the first place,Not Physical Utility skills to begin with…Like Stomp.

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

you don’t get it……

You’re the one who’s misunderstanding Physical Training. It only applies to a specific type of utilities. If you look at Warrior utilities, you’ll see that the description starts with one of the words Physical, Banner, Signet, Stance or Shout.

Physical Training only applies to the type of utilities that fall under the Physical category. It has nothing to do with dealing physical damage. The wording is just confusing, it should be “Physical-type utility skills” rather than “Physical utility skills”.

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

OMG, what i am saying is, is that Banners should take on the physical tooltip when powerful banners is activated. Throwing Bolas is a ranged skill and so is activating a banner utility, your throwing down a banner into the ground.

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

this is more of a question towards the developers and not you common forum browsers, Support is appreciated though.

in Warrior

Olba.5376

OMG, what i am saying is, is that Banners should take on the physical tooltip when powerful banners is activated. Throwing Bolas is a ranged skill and so is activating a banner utility, your throwing down a banner into the ground.

That would be pretty imbalanced. For one, the banners have a duration of 95 seconds, but with a total of 40% cooldown reduction, their cooldown would be just 72 seconds, allowing for 23 seconds of having twice the effects.

Also, it would make the damage from Power Banners rather imbalanced, considering that you can put up 4 banners in a quick succession.

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

Again it wouldnt be up to you to tweak cooldowns and such. Banners atm do about 2k+ if its a crit, and depending on your power which isnt that high.

Edit: and considering that’s every 93 seconds traited, 120 untraited, and 192/240 on the elite which deals the same dmg.

(edited by Raptorious Big.5416)

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

That would be pretty imbalanced. For one, the banners have a duration of 95 seconds, but with a total of 40% cooldown reduction, their cooldown would be just 72 seconds, allowing for 23 seconds of having twice the effects.

Also, it would make the damage from Power Banners rather imbalanced, considering that you can put up 4 banners in a quick succession.

What are you talking about? Banner effects don’t even stack with other Warrior Banners. Two warriors using banner of strength only get the stats of 1 of those banners. Only Battle Standard stacks because it doesn’t give a unikittenfect, just boons which are stackable.

As for the OP’s suggestion (that’s pretty much what it is), I wouldn’t mind Physical Training changed to encompass all utilities (not racial or elites) that do damage. Would that really be overpowered?

in Warrior

Posted by: Argis.7049

Argis.7049

That would be overpowered as hell. Banners can already crit for 3k in an AoE when summoned. This trait would make them crit for 6k in an AoE. Drop 4 banners on a group of enemies who are already occupied in a fight and boom, you just critted for 24k per target in an AoE.

Myrmidon Elite [ME] – Arkham [Ark] – Maguuma
PvP/WvW videos – http://www.youtube.com/user/noscopeentertainment/videos

in Warrior

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

This makes no sense from a balance perspective and the wording is irrelevant because even if it is too confusing for people, that’s not a reason to give banners another traited cooldown reduction and a boost to another trait’s damage, only a reason to change the words.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

After reading each and every post on this thread…
I think it’s a lack of clear communication and fail grammar that is causing a lot of confusion…

Anyways, back on topic..
Banners are not considered physical utilities as many have stated.
Also, about your idea of traits changing banners into physical utilities… I think Argis summed it up pretty nicely.
Banners have pretty good range and there would be a wave of crying if that were to ever happen. Hahaha, that would be hilarious though… Warriors throwing down banners for offense….

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

your on the wrong forum section, you probably think warriors are OP.

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

your on the wrong forum section, you probably think warriors are OP.

I’m assuming that you are talking to me since you replied about ten minutes after mine.
That being assumed, I’m on the correct section if this is the Warrior forums.

If you have read any of my posts, you would realize that I am well aware, as is every other warrior, of the pitiful state of warriors in sPvP (not WvWvW or PvE).

this is more of a question towards the developers and not you common forum browsers, Support is appreciated though.

I think you make it rather clear here that you are in the wrong section.
I believe there is a section dedicated to suggestions if you want to categorize your thread as such. Also, you’re hardly garnering support with your posts… just saying

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

this is the warrior section bud, where you discuss topics pertaining to warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Should Shouts become Healing Skills when traited with Vigorous Shouts? No

Every class has different skill types. Warrio has Banner, Stance, Shout, Physical, and Signet skills. Banners should remain Banner skills because they are Banners, and if they changed to Physical skills they would no longer be affected by traits in the Tactics line

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

Healing skills are located in the healing slot, while shouts are located in the utilities slots.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

That would be overpowered as hell. Banners can already crit for 3k in an AoE when summoned. This trait would make them crit for 6k in an AoE. Drop 4 banners on a group of enemies who are already occupied in a fight and boom, you just critted for 24k per target in an AoE.

Overpowered? Wouldn’t that just make it ‘worth it’ to use that GM trait + 4 banner utilities? That means you won’t have things like endure pain or sig of stamina and stuff or any sort of stun breakers.

And let’s not forget interruptible cast time.

in Warrior

Argis.7049

Overpowered? Wouldn’t that just make it ‘worth it’ to use that GM trait + 4 banner utilities? That means you won’t have things like endure pain or sig of stamina and stuff or any sort of stun breakers.

And let’s not forget interruptible cast time.

If you don’t understand how a 24k AoE burst (120k if you hit 5 targets) without using any actual attack skills is overpowered in something like a WvW setting or Forest of Niflhel where you can drop them on unsuspecting palyers from a safe range, then I don’t know what else to tell you. Those numbers are also from SPvP. You can get the banners to hit MUCH harder in WvW. Not to mention that after you drop the banners you can use Longbow3 and F1 for even more AoE. Nobody should ever be able to lay down that much AoE burst damage from range. The last thing Warriors need right now is another damage buff. We need sustain.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

If you don’t understand how a 24k AoE burst

Are you forgetting that it’s not a 24k burst? But split up into 4 attacks which each have a 1 sec activation (one of them having a longer activation than that)?

But I’m not so much speaking on the premise of 24k AoE damage but more along the topic of making that trait more useful. Whatever the damage it’d do, it could be tweeked individually so it’s not straight up doubling the damage (wouldn’t be the first trait that says one thing but affects skills individually different).

in Warrior

Argis.7049

Are you forgetting that it’s not a 24k burst? But split up into 4 attacks which each have a 1 sec activation (one of them having a longer activation than that)?

But I’m not so much speaking on the premise of 24k AoE damage but more along the topic of making that trait more useful. Whatever the damage it’d do, it could be tweeked individually so it’s not straight up doubling the damage (wouldn’t be the first trait that says one thing but affects skills individually different).

24k in 5 seconds is burst. Show me another profession that can do that kind of damage at range in that time frame and maybe I’ll change my opinion. As for your second statement, now you’re beginning to talk about trait redesign and are discussing something completely different than what the OP suggested. The OP’s suggestion was that banners be considered physical utilities so that they receive a 100% damage boost and an additional 20% CD reduction…and to that I say no.

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Lol. Troll’d….

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in Warrior

Leo G.4501

24k in 5 seconds is burst. Show me another profession that can do that kind of damage at range in that time frame and maybe I’ll change my opinion. As for your second statement, now you’re beginning to talk about trait redesign and are discussing something completely different than what the OP suggested. The OP’s suggestion was that banners be considered physical utilities so that they receive a 100% damage boost and an additional 20% CD reduction…and to that I say no.

Technically, it’s 6 seconds because Battle Standard has an activation of 2 seconds. I’m sure you can get that kind of DPS with another set-up. I mean, have you seen WvW rifle builds? 16k in a little over 2 seconds from 1500 range and can pierce multiple targets which only requires 1 specific trait for it.

I guess now you’re going to add the stipulation of “well who can do 24k in 3 seconds with only 4 utilities!?!” to which I’ll just say I give up. You can win the argument if that’s what you want.

And redesigning a trait to work differently isn’t ‘completely different’ from what the OP is bringing up since that’s exactly what the OP is about. Answer this with a yes or no and I’ll at least concede to the point of it being overpowered: Is changing Physical Training to work with other utilities besides Physical types redesigning a trait?

in Warrior

Argis.7049

Technically, it’s 6 seconds because Battle Standard has an activation of 2 seconds. I’m sure you can get that kind of DPS with another set-up. I mean, have you seen WvW rifle builds? 16k in a little over 2 seconds from 1500 range and can pierce multiple targets which only requires 1 specific trait for it.

I guess now you’re going to add the stipulation of “well who can do 24k in 3 seconds with only 4 utilities!?!” to which I’ll just say I give up. You can win the argument if that’s what you want.

And redesigning a trait to work differently isn’t ‘completely different’ from what the OP is bringing up since that’s exactly what the OP is about. Answer this with a yes or no and I’ll at least concede to the point of it being overpowered: Is changing Physical Training to work with other utilities besides Physical types redesigning a trait?

No. it’s 5 seconds. 2+1+1+1=5. You realize in WvW you can get the banners to crit for nearly 4-5k? That means 8-10k per banner with the suggested change. That means a 36-40k burst per target. You wanna compare that to the rifle build? That will equal the rifle’s burst with 2 banners in 2 seconds. And good luck getting the rifle to pierce more than 3 targets. You want a little survivability? Swap out a banner for your skill of choice…or 2. Even only dropping 3 banners is bursting harder than 100 blades at range. Nearly the same channel time for both bursts. The difference is one is at range and significantly harder to dodge and hits 5 targets in an AoE. If you really think that would be balanced then I’m done with this conversation.

As for your final question, yes that is technically redesigning a trait but you were suggesting going much further (changing damage values, and you would have to change the CD reduction as well or else you give banners a 70ish second CD). I’m not saying no to a trait redesign but the OP’s initial suggestion was simply absurd.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

A physical utility skill is exactly what it states a PHYSICAL UTILITY SKILL that you place on your bar from 7-9. So I don’t get what the confusion is here, it is a god kitten banner that has a blast finisher when you place it down. It has NOTHING to do with what it says on your tooltips from 1-5.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: WolfHeart.1256

WolfHeart.1256

to OP:

I got your reasoning but it is wrong. In the same way Shouts Heal would turn Shouts into healing spells so that runes/traits that affect them would affect shouts as well (ie. shouts would be affected by Restorative Strength).

I understand where you are going with this but it’s the wrong direction.

[WOLF] Howlerin || Seafarer’s Rest
“They say you are what you eat.
Which is funny ‘cause I don’t remember eating a f.ing legend”

in Warrior

Olba.5376

(ie. shouts would be affected by Restorative Strength)

Lol, do that and make it so that the removal on Soldier Runes comes after that. You would make a lot of warriors happy.

in Warrior

Posted by: Azgarn.2145

Azgarn.2145

This thread was an amusing read.

Coll Ôhmsford
[IB]
“For a few to be immortal, many must die.”

in Warrior

Raptorious Big.5416

that’d be tight shouts being considered healing skills

in Warrior

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

if it’s 24k dmg TOTAL in aoe than Engie can do it np

in Warrior

Argis.7049

if it’s 24k dmg TOTAL in aoe than Engie can do it np

It’s 120k total, 24k per target.