Vengeance skill need serious changes..

in Warrior

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

I’ve been meaning to make this request for a long time now.. but compared to all the other classes in gw2 the Warrior has by far the most useless downed skills in the game..

Vengeance specifically is what I’m going to address here..
This skill is a royal pain in the rear.. even when traited for 100% rally chance there are soo many enemies in the game that don’t count and even if you kill them while vengeance is active you will not rally.. even with a 100% guarantee you still won’t rally.. and you will instantly die afterwards.. (prior to posting this I had the exact thing happen to me after enchanted bloodstone weapons downed me in A Shadows Deeds story mission.. and honestly this has been a long time issue for me responsible for a great deal of rage quitting moments..)

This horribly breaks this skill and by extension the Vengeful return trait as well and this completely screws the Warrior player out of a situation he should easily be able to survive..

I strongly advise Vengeance be redesigned so that instead of instantly dying when it expires.. the Warrior falls back into a downed state and Vengeance goes on a long cooldown to balance it against overuse..

I think this would greatly improve the Warrior as a class.. It gives the Warrior a far more useful downed skill comparable to the severely OP Ranger Lick Wounds or the ability to stealth or TP away like Thief or Flee to allies like Ele can
And it also gives other players a better chance to revive a fallen Warrior since the Warrior will have the capability of being able to reposition himself to be revived without other players needing to risk suiciding trying to revive him..

A Warrior who dies in vengeance state though could still suffer a insta death.. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.. it toys with the Fight or flight mentality and I quite like the risk factor of that decision.. but on vengeance expiry it would be far better to fall back into a downed state like an Ele does after using Vapor form

Please consider this request.. Vengeance really is a horribly broken and useless skill in far too many situations and I really think this is the best way to fix this skill..

(edited by Teratus.2859)

in Warrior

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

I agree Warriors have the short end of the stick on down skills. I think the rally chance should be 100% baseline. But if not that, your suggestion of going back into the down state is pretty decent.

in Warrior

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I strongly advise Vengeance be redesigned so that instead of instantly dying when it expires.. the Warrior falls back into a downed state and Vengeance goes on a long cooldown to balance it against overuse..

I like your idea.

Atm, I mostly bother with Vengeance in large group fights to reposition where I’ll die to be convenient for someone to rez me. Otherwise I pretend it’s not there…. either it doesn’t proc a rally, or I die before the initial cooldown finishes to use it.

~EW

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Traited vengeance doesn’t exist as far as warriors are concerned.

I’d like the rally thing to change somehow as well. 25% is just ridiculous. I’d rather it be something like “gain 10 more seconds of vengeance on kill” in addition to the 25% chance to rally…..so you can keep fighting if you don’t get the rally at least.

To balance, using vengeance could lead to 30-60 seconds of disabled downed state. SO if you do rally and get downed again…you just die automatically.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Downstates need to be rebalanced in general. Warriors is pretty bad.

But that’s not new. Hell, here’s a post of mine complaining about this THREE YEARS AGO.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Downed-State-and-Vengeance/first#post2714914

Here’s a key excerpt:

Guardian: AoE Knockback
Strong vs: Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps
Weak vs: Stability Stomps

Necro: Single Target Fear
Strong vs: None
Weak vs: Stability Stomps, Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps

Warrior: Single Target Knockdown

Engineer: Single Target Pull

Elementalist: Vapor Form
Strong vs: Stability Stomps, Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps
Weak vs: None

Thief: Shadow Teleport

Really puts things into perspective. Thief and Ele (also mes) both basically have a 100% way to stop any stomp.

Meanwhile Guards take the middle road, able to stop some of the time (ranger too).

And War/Engy/Necro? You can only prevent a stomp if your opponent is a newbie who can’t read telegraphs, has no stability, no aegis, no blind field, and is stomping you alone.

But im sure it’ll get fixed any day now /s

in Warrior

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Downstates need to be rebalanced in general. Warriors is pretty bad.

But that’s not new. Hell, here’s a post of mine complaining about this THREE YEARS AGO.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Downed-State-and-Vengeance/first#post2714914

Here’s a key excerpt:

Guardian: AoE Knockback
Strong vs: Multiple Stomps, Stealth Stomps
Weak vs: Stability Stomps

Necro: Single Target Fear

Warrior: Single Target Knockdown

Engineer: Single Target Pull

Elementalist: Vapor Form

Thief: Shadow Teleport

Really puts things into perspective. Thief and Ele (also mes) both basically have a 100% way to stop any stomp.

Meanwhile Guards take the middle road, able to stop some of the time (ranger too).

And War/Engy/Necro? You can only prevent a stomp if your opponent is a newbie who can’t read telegraphs, has no stability, no aegis, no blind field, and is stomping you alone.

But im sure it’ll get fixed any day now /s

Thief down 2 is not a 100% chance to avoid stomp like ele and mes. Any profession with a instant cast teleport can still stomp them. So…ele, mes, thief, guard. Think that’s all of them.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-