(Video) Solo Roaming Hammer Warr WvW

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Hey all. Finally found some time to make another video on my asura/human warrior. Severely dissapointed by the lack of 1vx fights I managed to find in the past few weeks that either weren’t interrupted by a zerg or my fellow realm mates.

Anywho, most followers of my videos know I have a physical handicap, so sorry for the lack of camera rotation, some of the fights are sped up, but that’s better than sitting there for the entire duration of long, drawn out fights vs bunker mouth breathers in my opinion.

Build=http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NKVP0f4NL-60;9;59T-T;13;0198;125An-F2W;16TsW6TsWh-kc0-HXO0;1wV1X6Y9ZH4Ma27WAN1c;5F2CuFYDo;9;9;9;9;7VR-6g

I do swap foods depending on what I encounter, Tarragon bread for fotm skullcrack+GS warrs, lemongrass for heavy condi classes etc.

Enjoy.

Some extra clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcJIDoDzY8w

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

in your build, your 10 slot in arms is blank, just fyi. Awesome video though.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: United.7361

United.7361

Do you have a set rotation for when you’re fighting? What do you like to start off with and when should you use your utility skills. Nice video and I’m definitely going to give this a whirl!

in Warrior

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Too much toughness.

Tz tz

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Too much toughness.

This is just a matter of personal preference. Would you ever say you have too much attack power? or too much critical chance? It’s all relative, I don’t like being taken down easily.

I enjoy being able to solo camps, surviving heavy burst from gc builds and being able to take multiples. I don’t have mobility outside of Earthshaker, so staying in fights longer, i receive more benefits from high toughness imo.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Do you have a set rotation for when you’re fighting? What do you like to start off with and when should you use your utility skills. Nice video and I’m definitely going to give this a whirl!

No not really, I just try to play and use my utilities and skills as defensively as possible, more like I base how I fight someone off what skills they are using or a rotation I think they will use.

I usually try to use all the big dmg skills like fierce blow, staggering blow and backbreaker during my longest stuns so I get as close to that 35% dmg to stunned/disabled foes as much as possible. 10% from hammer sigil, 25% from merc hammer.

in Warrior

FirstBlood.7359

Too much toughness.

This is just a matter of personal preference. Would you ever say you have too much attack power? or too much critical chance? It’s all relative, I don’t like being taken down easily.

I enjoy being able to solo camps, surviving heavy burst from gc builds and being able to take multiples. I don’t have mobility outside of Earthshaker, so staying in fights longer, i receive more benefits from high toughness imo.

An additional point invested into toughness, indirectly into armor, reduces damage taken by a smaller amount than the previous point. In other words, the marginal effect of toughness is dimishing. Therefore, you can have too much toughness. After a certain point it is simply inefficent to stack more toughness, because the benefit is so tiny that you better allocate the points to other stats. With almost 3700 armor you crossed this point, by far.

You cannot have too much attack, because attack scales linearly. Moreover, attack synergyzes very well with the other offensive stats.

The choice of high toughness is not a question of personal preference. The core game mechanics – the calculation of damage – determines the efficient stats allocation.

Tz tz

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Too much toughness.

An additional point invested into toughness, indirectly into armor, reduces damage taken by a smaller amount than the previous point. In other words, the marginal effect of toughness is dimishing. Therefore, you can have too much toughness. After a certain point it is simply inefficent to stack more toughness, because the benefit is so tiny that you better allocate the points to other stats. With almost 3700 armor you crossed this point, by far.

You cannot have too much attack, because attack scales linearly. Moreover, attack synergyzes very well with the other offensive stats.

The choice of high toughness is not a question of personal preference. The core game mechanics – the calculation of damage – determines the efficient stats allocation.

Your post shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how damage reduction works.

It takes just 50% damage reduction to counter a 100% increase in damage. It takes just 75% to counter a 300% increase in damage. It’s absurd to think that the last 25% reduction is the same as the first 50% when it’s clearly far more potent.

If you factor damage reduction and damage increase relative to their current values (instead of the starting, naked value), damage reduction is far more linear with far less diminishing returns than power, crit, and crit damage.

That’s not to say that toughness is good. It’s not. But the issue isn’t the scaling. Starting out, power is far better than toughness but at some point the returns from power are less effective than the damage reduction from toughness. Whether that point is anywhere on the spectrum of available stat distributions, I don’t know and haven’t bothered to try and figure out.

(edited by Yaki.9563)

in Warrior

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

While firstblood’s statement is true, determining where you set the line is a super personnal question. It doesn’t matter if a point of toughness ends up being worth half a point of power over 75% because objectively/mathematically, you’d kinda always end up “wrong”.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

FirstBlood.7359

Your post shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how damage reduction works.

The decreasing marginal benefits from toughness (armor) are the obvious result of the properties of the damage function. You confuse yourself by using percentages instead of conducting a proper abstract analysis.

I might write a longer post in the other thread.

Tz tz

in Warrior

Posted by: Tsezar.6950

Tsezar.6950

Too much toughness.

well without GS you need to have toughness because you cant run away

I PLay Without Hands To Have [Fun]

How many Dzagonurs and Gunnars do you need to kill me? Over 9000!!

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Too much toughness.

well without GS you need to have toughness because you cant run away

This is honestly how I feel about it, and obviously it isn’t hurting me in anyway damage wise or other.

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

but the dmg mitgation with gs and low armor (2.7k) is better then without gs and high armor (3.5k+)with my opinion

in Warrior

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

I find the opposite true personally, being able to stun someone to death will mitigate more damage than using GS3/5 in small skirmishes.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Warrior here and i just watched your video.

No offence but you are being carried by healing signet and the mace, just like quite a few warriors out there. This build is as cookie cutter as bulls charge+100B early on in the game. I also use healing signet but it doesn’t mean its anywhere near balanced. Mace stuns need to get tuned down.

Regarding your build:
You cannot run away from anyone
Outside berserker stance you are really susceptible to kiting
Someone with the slightest mobility can outrun you.

Its basically a stay and fight build.

Overall good skill though, but i would like to see more 1v2

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

(edited by Ath.2531)

in Warrior

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The decreasing marginal benefits from toughness (armor) are the obvious result of the properties of the damage function. You confuse yourself by using percentages instead of conducting a proper abstract analysis.

I might write a longer post in the other thread.

I’m not confused because what matters is the effect, not the function behind it. If damage reduction didn’t decrease it would be crazy overpowered and people would be running around nearly invincible. Also, stating that power gives constant gains is misleading because that 100 damage you gain when your damage is weak is a lot, but that 100 damage you gain when you are already dealing out a large amount of damage is negligible.

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

I find the opposite true personally, being able to stun someone to death will mitigate more damage than using GS3/5 in small skirmishes.

thats true thats why i use a gs/hammer zerker build

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

What he means is that as the percentage increases each percentage point will give you more relative damage reduction for that percentage hence the drop to compensate.

Let’s say you start with 0% damage reduction. You add for a static number’s sake 1k toughness and that ends up giving you 50% damage reduction. Hooray you’ve just halved all incoming damage.

You decide that you’re still dying so add another 1k toughness but this time it only adds 25% damage reduction. Does this mean the effect has diminished? No, relative to the last increase you’ve still halved all damage incoming by moving to 75% damage reduction.

The concept that Toughness scales down in usefulness is used as gospel by people who have no concept of how percentages actually work. While yes it’s not a 100% flat scaling it is close enough to being the same amount of toughness will increase your “Relative” Damage Reduction by the same amount as the last point.

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

No offence but you are being carried by healing signet and the mace, just like quite a few warriors out there. This build is as cookie cutter as bulls charge+100B early on in the game. I also use healing signet but it doesn’t mean its anywhere near balanced. Mace stuns need to get tuned down.

Regarding your build:

Been running the exact same build with Surge for months before healing sig change.

And whats with everyone caring if someone runs away from them or running away from fights? quit being kittenes, stay and fight.

in Warrior

FirstBlood.7359

I’m not confused because what matters is the effect, not the function behind it. If damage reduction didn’t decrease it would be crazy overpowered and people would be running around nearly invincible. Also, stating that power gives constant gains is misleading because that 100 damage you gain when your damage is weak is a lot, but that 100 damage you gain when you are already dealing out a large amount of damage is negligible.

I’ve already understood what you tried to explain in earlier posts. Starting with 100 damage and then adding another 100, increases your damage by 100%. At 200, the next 100 damage increase your damage by 50%.

Arguing with percentages with different base values is misleading. In the context of power and damage it makes no sense, you have to use absolute values instead of percentages. By your absurd logic any linear relationship between two variables would have dimishing returns, despite a constant derivative. The internet and math, just wtf. In the spirit of the latest GW2 update I suggest: back to school!

Tz tz

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

stay and fight even if it means you die?.. no way i dont want to give the enemy lootbags

in Warrior

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Regarding your build:

Been running the exact same build with Surge for months before healing sig change.

And whats with everyone caring if someone runs away from them or running away from fights? quit being kittenes, stay and fight.

You are preoccupied with the idea that winning means staying and fighting, especially when you use an fotm cookie cutter build. On top of that you are set in your ideas and ignoring every kind of advice and constructive posts written in your post. If you don’t like criticism, don’t post on the forums at all.

This warrior could teach you a lesson or 2, in pvp skill and attitude and its his first video too!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/First-video-ever/first#post2809404

peace

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I bet hes also not handicapped and he was grouped with other players.

If you are trying to make a point, I fail to see it.

I mean I could also post a video where myself and 1 engi (Tooldealer) kill 10 people.

It’s not difficult, there are maybe a handful of actually good players in this game, and thats not saying much, this game requires little to no skill.

You have to manage all of 10 buttons. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Regarding your build:

You call my build cookie cutter, which is the best setup for hammer, then refer me to a video that isn’t solo roaming, of another warrior, that runs the same build trait wise, and uses healing signet, after saying I get carried by healing signet, and tell me to be more like him.

facepalm of epic proportions.

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Warrior

Posted by: Super Wilson.7408

Super Wilson.7408

I like this video a lot… you play almost the exact build I run, only I use Sword/Shield and Hammer. I just sub’d to you and would love it if you took a look at my stuff too
I just started recording very recently so I’m still quite novice.

Oh Dang ,…. just noticed someone allready linked me … sorry .. oh well I bumped your post at least

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Regarding your build:

You are preoccupied with the idea that winning means staying and fighting, especially when you use an fotm cookie cutter build. On top of that you are set in your ideas and ignoring every kind of advice and constructive posts written in your post. If you don’t like criticism, don’t post on the forums at all.

This warrior could teach you a lesson or 2, in pvp skill and attitude and its his first video too!
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/First-video-ever/first#post2809404

peace

Are you serious?

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

About which part Meph?

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Regarding your build:

because it’s not sPvP and mobility is king. like for the build I use on my thief, I have absolutely 0 sustain but has ability to disengage + ability to chase people who tries to disengage. You don’t need to hold points or anything so everyone flees when they’re low health if they can.

i think the criticism about lack of mobility for the WvW roamer is fair. There is just nothing you can do vs overwhelming odds (such as an incoming zerg) besides disengaging which is something any roamer in the higher tiers (especially T1, T2) has to deal with.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

And mobility doesnt bother me. If someone runs, ok cya. If a zerg is inc, I’ll quick port.

Seriously not an issue, there is zero penalty for dying.

in Warrior

Tsezar.6950

so you cheat or how can you port while you are in combat?

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

How would I port anywhere in combat?

I’m saying if i see a zerg i run the opposite way, if i can get away using Earthshaker, which is the same distance and practically same cd as savage leap, I will, if not, I will port before I enter combat.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

No it’s funny that hammer/ Mace + shield is FoTM when people like you have been using it for a while. I don’t pay attention to meta changes, I was also using hammer/ Mace Shield for a While but switched to sword for a little more mobility, then to axe for more killing potential. These builds have long since existed, but if it gets a buff everyone complains. Sigil of para probably has been bugged or whatever for quite a while, so skullcrack 4s stun would have been 3s and same for hammer. All I’m saying is the video is great and don’t listen to what people say about stuff that doesn’t even matter. Hammer4lyfe \ o /

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Yeah I was initially GS/mace when game first came out, the slam/stun then bust out a 2her for massive damage was exactly the same style I grew accustomed to in DAoC.

But, with the addition of making skullcrack better, on top of everything else, warrs can be a bit over the top.

Not to mention I have a serious love for hammers in all mmos.

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Why 2 warriors.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

3 now. Made a norn.

Boredom.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Nice Vid, though you mainly fight Guardians and warriors.

The need to fix that BS staying in stealth even though they’re attacking…. just because they got blocked.

Such BS. ZERO Risk -> ALL Reward.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

The number of buttons you have to manage in a game is the least determining factor in the amount of skill the game requires to excel. You manage what, 6 buttons in Street Fighter? WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You manage what, 30+ buttons in WoW? Pinnacle of skill-based competition.

Also, every time some MMO player hops onto someone’s video thread and starts telling them how to play, an innocent, baby angel dies a torturous death in Hell. It won’t stop happening with the state that gaming communities are in, especially MMOs, but it will always irritate.

The nerve of just dropping some “you should do X” or “Y is wrong” on somebody and both expecting them to listen in addition to thinking they even care what you have to say is astounding to me.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: derry.2789

derry.2789

In a zerg situation would you keep your current gear or would you swap it out for a invader or cleric set or something so you can get in deep and cc everything?

in Warrior

Posted by: gregmak.2159

gregmak.2159

This forum is full of cry babies and geniuses! To OP, awesome video and build. I tried it today and it was really fun. Though, I went with 3.4k armor, and a bit more power. I did die many times as I couldn’t escape when the zerg came in rushing

To the rest who are moaning about the silliest things ever, who cares if the guy wants to stay and fight? This is a game, and if that’s how he likes to have fun, who are you to judge him? Just chill, everyone likes different things.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i’ve dueled against few mace/hammer warriors
this build is good against classes with low acces to stability /stunbreakers
Guardians with (SY / stand your ground /Ji) Sword /focus // greatsword , counter this build

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Thanks all for the comments. Been playing as GS/Hammer past few days.

Seems fun.

in Warrior

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

@Furajir,

Great video! It’s always nice to see more folks roaming around WvW than the normal zerg. On another note, I never attack Asura Warriors – they are just too darn cute…

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Thanks! lol

Yeah most people leave me alone, or they ask to pet me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

i’ve dueled against few mace/hammer warriors
this build is good against classes with low acces to stability /stunbreakers
Guardians with (SY / stand your ground /Ji) Sword /focus // greatsword , counter this build

Also blind spam is annoying to deal with.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Regarding your build:

I think the actual thing “carrying” the build is the ability to remove and negate conditions as effectively as it does. One of the primary mechanical counters to high armor, low HP, low healing builds is to use conditions. They also allow you to kite melee focused opponents by limiting mobility and blinding them. However, that can be difficult to do against this build if you are constantly CC’ed, or it is simply immune to anything you can throw out. Even if you do get some condis on it, it’s just one stun away from undoing all that work, all the while regenerating health at 400-500 HP/sec. Of course, shield is also helping out a fair bit, but that’s not the shield’s fault.

I think if this spec got condi bombed and then kited, it would crumble. But one character can only do so much condi bombing.

The main way to counter such a build is to have stability, at which point it’s inferior attack power and HP would not allow it to go toe-to-toe with other opponents. Ironically, this build pops more stability every minute than most professions do in several minutes, and it can throw out more CC’s in one combo than you can fit stunbreakers on your skill bar.

However, that’s maybe a somewhat fair tradeoff given that it wouldn’t be able to keep up with anyone with any serious mobility or feasibly run away from a zerg.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I’ve had a full condi necro friend with 25 stacks corruption etc etc duel me multiple times, it never worked out well for him either.

The only classes that give me major problems are well played guards, mesmers, and some thieves, mostly d/p but those are few and far between.

in Warrior

Posted by: United.7361

United.7361

Hey I was running this build the other night and fought a 1v1 battle with another bunker warrior (using almost the same build except he swapped the hammer for a gs). The fight went on for around 15 mins with both of our hps never dipping below 75% before he would whirlwind away to regen or I would stun him to regen. It ended when the zerg came rushing through but I was wondering on any tips for when you’re facing another bunker build?

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Hey I was running this build the other night and fought a 1v1 battle with another bunker warrior (using almost the same build except he swapped the hammer for a gs). The fight went on for around 15 mins with both of our hps never dipping below 75% before he would whirlwind away to regen or I would stun him to regen. It ended when the zerg came rushing through but I was wondering on any tips for when you’re facing another bunker build?

just type /sleep and take a break. lol 2 bunkers can’t beat each other, especially if you’re both using healing signet, adrenal health, and regen banners.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Well it just depends on the player, I fought a hammer banner regen warr in the video around 7 mins, was sped up bc it took forever.

But if they player is worth their salt and manages their utilities properly, you will prolly stalemate.