Warrior Bugs Thread (needs new maintainer)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kristafa.9281

Kristafa.9281

The bug causing 100 blades and other skills to end prematurely while under the affects of quickness is also caused by superior signet of rage procs… If I get a critical hit on my first swing of 100 blades an it procs the quickness buff, I have to move to stop 100 animation in order to enjoy the affects of the buff (which is silly considering 100 blades is THE ability you want to use while under the affects of quickness)

in Warrior

Posted by: NexParietis.6409

NexParietis.6409

So, are banners only supposed to affect 5 people around the banner? it was not that way before, however last night all I saw was a pathetic handful of people gaining the bonuses from my banner.

If this is intentional, joy, my banner warrior is useless in larger scale fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

AoE are supposed to be capped at 5 targets anyway (whether friendly effects or hostile ones).

in Warrior

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

I made a mistake with my post earlier in this thread. Upon further testing I found the stability from battle standard is correctly lengthened by +% boon duration.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Thank you – bug removed from the list.

in Warrior

Posted by: Blackout.3247

Blackout.3247

The bug causing 100 blades and other skills to end prematurely while under the affects of quickness is also caused by superior signet of rage procs… If I get a critical hit on my first swing of 100 blades an it procs the quickness buff, I have to move to stop 100 animation in order to enjoy the affects of the buff (which is silly considering 100 blades is THE ability you want to use while under the affects of quickness)

I can confirm this. Getting quickness from any source while using 100 blades does not speed it up and shortens its length as usual (Superior Sigil of Rage, Discipline – Last Chance: Gain quickness when an enemies is hit below 25% health).

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned (I didn’t see it on the list), but in the Fear Me! tooltip, the ranges that determine fear duration are measured in feet, but every other ability in the game is in arbitrary “range” units. My guess is that 1 foot = 20 range, but it would be much easier to understand if the tooltip were put in line with the rest of the game.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Polazerax.8071

Polazerax.8071

Tactic trait Inspiring Banners does not apply the cool down reduction while underwater. Banners have a 120 sec cool down while underwater instead of the 96 sec cool down on land.

in Warrior

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grishnakk.9426

Grishnakk.9426

Flurry & Whirling Axe seem to be bugged for Asura. I always wondered why Adren lvl 3 Flurry never did its 12x Hits (4 numbers pop up), figured it was just designed that way.

Same thing goes for Whirling Axe, 5 numbers/hits pop up but the attack says 15×.

So the other day, did the quest in the Sylvari starting zone where you get turned into a Sylvari and low and behold Whirling Axe and Flurry both did the correct amount of damage/hits when I had been transformed. As soon as I was back into my normal Asura body, it was back to the bugged amount – Any other Asura experience this?

Amorphis – Elementalist.
Grishnakk – Warrior.
TKG – JQQ Oceanic – www.fivefingerdiscount.org

in Warrior

Posted by: DarkChaos.4326

DarkChaos.4326

I’m not sure if this is intentional or not, but under the effects of ‘quickness’, savage leap only goes half the normal distance aswell as shield stance’s duration is cut in half (may apply to other blocking skills)

in Warrior

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

Sami.1560

UTILITY

Frenzy: If used after you start channeling Hundred Blades or Volley, it will shorten the cast time but not speed up the animation, causing you to lose some hits/shots. Works fine the other way around (Frenzy and then HB/Volley).

Along the same token, if you use HB when you have only 1 sec (or just any small amount) of quickness left, the skill’s animation will be fast but the last couple of slashes will not do any damage (because the quickness buff ran out before the channeling is done). Same with Volley.

(edited by KazNaka.4718)

in Warrior

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

“DOWNED

Vengeance: If you die before the timer is up and respawn quickly at a waypoint, the buff will still be active. Shortly after spawning the 15 seconds are up and you are killed on the spot.
Vengeance: If a mob turns friendly when it loses all its health (quest mobs, skill challenge, etc), it doesn’t count as “killing it” for Vengeance, causing you to die even if you “kill” it."

Please add that I had an experience just yesterday where the npc’s didn’t turn friendly, I killed them before dying, yet vengeance still killed me anyway a few seconds later after killing the mob. I’m saying this to say, friendly or not, it’s bugged whether you kill them all first or not, you die either way. It’s definitely a no win situation.

I am a frustrated warrior.

The gaming Madre

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Vengeance on its own only has a chance to keep you alive once you kill a mob. Sweet Revenge (trait) increases this chance to 100%. Except, of course, that the trait is bugged and for whatever reason doesn’t do this properly. The 100% chance not working is listed under the Sweet Revenge bugs.

I’ll be doing a bit update tomorrow night once the patch goes live and we can fully test the “fixes” contained in it

in Warrior

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

From the patch notes:

“Brutal Shot: This skill can now stack vulnerability up to 2 times.”

Brutal Shot – I presume they are referring to the underwater skill as the rifle skill appears unchanged.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

(edited by Grumpdogg.6910)

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Tactic trait Inspiring Banners does not apply the cool down reduction while underwater. Banners have a 120 sec cool down while underwater instead of the 96 sec cool down on land.

Anyone else able to verify this? Just tried all 5 banners and they all go on 96s cooldown underwater.

Besides that, thread updated. Please tell me if I missed anything.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Arcing Arrow: If you place the targeting reticule on yourself and dodge immediately after firing, the skill has no effect but still goes on cooldown.

Anyone able to replicate this? Seems to be working perfectly fine for me.

in Warrior

Posted by: Polazerax.8071

Polazerax.8071

I just checked my banners underwater and they are giving 96s cool downs now, must have been patched recently.

in Warrior

Posted by: Minyman.2763

Minyman.2763

I did i quick read nothing directly pointing to this.
Procing Sigil of Intelligence does NOT grant the 100% crit chance to Kill Shot. The Icon informing you the next attack will crit is there and is “consumed” after the burst skill lands, but the crit chance isn’t 100%. Not sure if this only applies to Kill Shot or all burst skills.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Intelligence sigil testing: Steady Weapons vs Light Golem.

Greatsword: Fine
Axe: Fine
Longbow: Bugged (there’s a hidden pulse of damage not listed on the tooltip and it didn’t crit. I’ll add the tooltip bug to the list too.
Hammer: Fine
Mace: Fine
Rifle: Fine (tested 3 times with only 4% base crit chance)
Sword: Bugged

in Warrior

Posted by: Minyman.2763

Minyman.2763

Retested the rifle with steady and normal.
Traits: Nothing
Armor: Runes of War
Weapon: Rifle with Int Sigils
Base crit: 4%

Tested on all 3 Golems with PvP weapons. Still did not crit 100% of the time, each time I made note that the Sigil was procing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Hokouro.3469

Hokouro.3469

Tactics – Quick Breathing: Can you confirm that it convert nothing now ?

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Somebody said they tested it and the conversion range is something pitiful like 300 rather than the 1200 of the actual warhorn skill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kordos.3629

Kordos.3629

Triple Chop was changed in the October 22, 2012 update to be a Channeled Skill.

This seems to be an obvious bug because Triple Chop is an Axe-1 skill meant to be used with Auto Attack.

The Axe-1 damage is greatly reduced because the channelling is always being interrupted.

Thank you!

Edit:

It always had a cast time (with a cast bar – the short one), but it was not channeled (with a channeling bar – the tall one).

All other skills that are not instant (shouts) now interrupt it.

This is extremely annoying; thanks for pointing it out and getting it on the list so quickly.

Hopefully ANet notices and gets a quick fix in for this; otherwise, it may be time to spend a bit of time experimenting with with Sword or Mace main hand.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

Discipline – Inspiring Shouts: Doesn’t grant you adrenaline if shouts are used too quickly after emptying your adrenaline bar by using a burst skill.

you literally have to wait for the “animation to play” and only after it’s done you gain adrenaline by using a shout. incredibly annoying, is this by design? i guess if it is, it’d fall under the “quality of life” category.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Adrenaline gain is completely turned off during the burst animation to (I’m assuming) prevent the burst skill from generating adrenaline. Flurry would give you one bar back straight away. I’ll add it to the bug list as something needs to give way,

in Warrior

Nemui.6753

Adrenaline gain is completely turned off during the burst animation to (I’m assuming) prevent the burst skill from generating adrenaline. Flurry would give you one bar back straight away. I’ll add it to the bug list as something needs to give way,

oh, when i said “animation” i wasn’t talking about the skill’s animation. i meant the animation that empties your adrenaline bar, that’s why i put it in airquotes. if i remember correctly, this still goes on for a bit after your burst skill animation is done.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

oops. forums being buggy and not let me edit posts at the moment – I’ll amend it when it fixes and I’ve had time to fully test it myself.

edit: just tried with eviscerate and I’m unable to replicate it – I’ve tried shouting at various stages and it gives adrenaline as it should. Doing it before the hit actually lands causes the added adrenaline to be consumed (tested by bursting with 1 bar and shouting before the hit landed) which is correct, as adrenaline is only consumed if it hits.

Are you sure you weren’t activating the shout right before the hit landed, thus causing it to add to the current adrenaline which is then duly removed when the attack hits the opponent?

(edited by Sami.1560)

in Warrior

Nemui.6753

Are you sure you weren’t activating the shout right before the hit landed, thus causing it to add to the current adrenaline which is then duly removed when the attack hits the opponent?

hm, if this is the case, then earthshaker has a really long casting time after the animation and sound effect played and you hit the target. i’m gonna upload a short video and edit this post with a link to it.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZRDYsIOgE

(edited by Nemui.6753)

in Warrior

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

the problem there is within the game mechanics itself. It’s the same for kill shot (or any other burst). You gotta actually wait for the adrenaline to empty before using the shouts. There is a lag where the adrenaline is not emptying right after the skill connects. Who knows, maybe ANet would fix something like this or not.

in Warrior

Nemui.6753

the problem there is within the game mechanics itself. It’s the same for kill shot (or any other burst). You gotta actually wait for the adrenaline to empty before using the shouts. There is a lag where the adrenaline is not emptying right after the skill connects. Who knows, maybe ANet would fix something like this or not.

oh, i see, so it’s not a bug? nevermind then.

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Flurry doesn’t grant an Endurance refill when immobilizing when you have 20 points in Strength. I believe this is how its supposed to work.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ummeiko.5318

Ummeiko.5318

Flurry on my Asura warrior doesn’t hit all 8 times.

It will do damage for the first three swings, no damage for the next 4 – doesn’t say “miss” but doesn’t do damage either – and then damage for the final hit.

I believe this is Asura related/hitbox related. When I use potion of Ascalon Mages to transform and then use flurry, I get damage for all 8 hits.

Marumari – Asura Warrior
Ummei – Asura Ele

in Warrior

Posted by: Azudia.6578

Azudia.6578

Trait

Discipline Trait XI

Quick Bursts – Burst skill recharge 20% faster.

This trait actually removes the cooldown from all burst skills, didn’t test underwater weapons since i was in sPvP while testing this.

Some bursts will show the 7 Second cooldown (Tooltips say 8 seconds) but will disappear shortly after allowing you to use it again instantly.

Could not use the same burst skill 2 times in a row with the same bar of adrenaline due to the delay, happens for all stages of adrenaline

Only the trait is needed, done with no armor,accessories, or sigils and with stuff on

(edited by Azudia.6578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Bulls charge started right next to a target will do the charging animation as if traveling to the target although you are already next to it. The resulting hit comes after the charge channel which is a max of like 1.5 seconds I think. Whatever the amount of time it takes to cover the range of the skill.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Warrior

Posted by: holunder.4682

holunder.4682

Bulls charge started right next to a target will do the charging animation as if traveling to the target although you are already next to it. The resulting hit comes after the charge channel which is a max of like 1.5 seconds I think. Whatever the amount of time it takes to cover the range of the skill.

that’s what i mentioned about eviscerate and shild bash. it is giving those skills just an unnecessary ~1sec extra casttime…

in Warrior

Posted by: Gaslov.9164

Gaslov.9164

Short Temper does not appear to give more than 3 stacks of might no matter how many attacks are blocked. In addition, the might that it gives is not affected by the duration increases from runes that increase boon duration.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crosstrack.9184

Crosstrack.9184

The trait that increases stance duration by 25% does not work on endure pain.

in Warrior

Posted by: Study.9863

Study.9863

There is something buggy with Signet of Might.

When used it provides 5 stacks of might, however the displayed value of power for your character goes up by an incorrect value.

P.S. First time poster, anyone know how I can set up mouse-over tooltips on these forums?

According to the displayed value each stack only provides 17 power as opposed to the correct 35.

Displayed condition damage is updated correctly by 35 per stack.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Recently against underwater mobs, while in the middle of DPSing with a spear, I’ll get “Invulnerable” messages. If I’m alone, the mob resets, several seconds pass, and then I can hit it again. I unfortunately have no idea right now as to what is causing it, but I do know it doesn’t have anything to do with me pushing the mob through a rock or anything, as it has happened in the middle of open water.

Has anyone else experienced this? It’s been a recent occurrence, and might have something to do with Tsunami Slash.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Azudia.6578

Azudia.6578

Can’t edit my last post about

Discipline Trait XI

Quick Bursts – Burst skill recharge 20% faster.

It doesn’t remove the cooldown, it won’t show the cooldown until you gain at least a bar of adrenaline.

It is still on a 8 second cooldown as intended with the trait

in Warrior

Posted by: Ravnodaus.5130

Ravnodaus.5130

There is something buggy with Signet of Might.

When used it provides 5 stacks of might, however the displayed value of power for your character goes up by an incorrect value.

P.S. First time poster, anyone know how I can set up mouse-over tooltips on these forums?

According to the displayed value each stack only provides 17 power as opposed to the correct 35.

Displayed condition damage is updated correctly by 35 per stack.

5x 17 = 85

85+ 90 = 175

175/ 5 = 35

Problem solved.

Why grind dungeons? Only relevant content…
Why? Gives needed gear…
Why do you need this gear? To do dungeons… duh.

in Warrior

Posted by: BLGA.4679

BLGA.4679

I wish Elite banner would work properly! It would help so much in WwW and empower allies too!

in Warrior

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

Warriors Sprint (Discipline):

Does ONLY work while OUT of combat. Does NOT stack with swiftness. Don’t know if this is a bug or intended. But at the current state it’s entirely useless.

Imo it should stack with swiftness. At least it should work while in combat!

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

Annoyance: Mace 2 and Sword 5 block abilities have me accidentally hitting key twice and I cancel the block. Just remove the cancel effect please. I can hit 1 and Have autoattack cancel and gain adrenaline if I wish. Furthermore this seems like a really awkard strategy to build up adrenaline pre-fight.

Horn: Ability 5 seems to sometimes have less than 1200 range in SPVP. The guy seems well within range, but I see no weakness condition applied.

in Warrior

gwawer.9805

Sword 3 Hamstring: Very hard to land in PVP. I suggest making it autoface the enemy target, just like the way eviscerate or axe throw does. Or give it a wider angle.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in Warrior

Posted by: Mint.7135

Mint.7135

sometimes like when fitting an ettin you can push them outside of auto attack range, or they move outside of the auto attack range with a greatsword. they also can walk outside the auto attack range. you can still click the attack icon and it still hits them, but for the most part the auto attack stops.

in Warrior

gwawer.9805

Signet of Rage (Elite) interferes with certain abilities.

Example: I press 4 and then 0 very quickly within half a second. Despite pressing 4 first, signet of rage is activated and also INTERRUPTS horn 4 ability putting it on a interrupt cooldown. It also interrupts sword 3.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

Arms – Oppotunist: Doesn’t work with Geomancy sigils.

Opportunist is a major trait to gain Fury when immobilizing the target. Geomancy sigils cause aoe Bleed when swapping weapons. Why are they expected to work together? Was the intention to refer to the Attack of Opportunity minor trait (increased damage to bleeding foes) or perhaps Deep Cuts (increased bleed duration)?

Discipline – Brawn: Increases burst damage by 0.1% per point (to a max of 3%). Should this be 1% per point?

This was an intentional change towards the end of beta. Basically a stopgap measure to lower the burst damage being thrown around while not nerfing the damage of defensive and supportive builds. Though I’d like to see this pitiful “special warrior stat” removed and later replaced with something different and significant.

Tactics – Empower Allies: Only applies when you are hit.

This isn’t quite correct. The trait buff shows up when I hit a target golem without getting hit in return. I believe it is just tied to being in combat and appears with some delay. Of course this often means you miss out on the power buff for your initial attacks and so do all your allies until YOU get combat flagged.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fourtyfives.6297

Fourtyfives.6297

I had some trouble with the dodge animation seemingly cancelled out mid-roll and getting me hit. I’ve seem to have the culprit which is also described in the bug reported to delay hundred blades.

It would seem the greatsword skill #1 chain #2 has a very unlucky interaction with basically any other skill. I’ve been able to repeatedly delay most other warrior skills when activating them right at the end of the greatsword slice cast.

tldr: The greatsword skill #1 chain #2 cancels dodge-rolls and delays the activation of all/most abilities not only Hundred Blades.

Edit: I can confirm the same issue with Axe skill #1 chain #1 and sword skill #1 chain #2 cancelling dodge and delaying activation if used at the end of the cast. I encourage others to try out other weapons and on different classes even. I recall hearing my Thief buddy complaining about cancelled dodge-rolls as well.

Note1: It might not be the ending of the cast causing the issue, but rather the activation of the next ability in the queue messing it up and causing the delay/cancellation.
note2: I’ve only been able to produce the dodge-roll with auto-attack toggled on whereas the skill-delay is consistent at the end of the cast regardless of auto-cast.

(edited by Fourtyfives.6297)