Warrior Mythbuster

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i can see a lot of warrior hater complains topic in the profession balance forum recently.

when will these haters ever learn? : (

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

i can see a lot of warrior hater complains topic in the profession balance forum recently.

They won’t.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

They won’t.

well i’ll bump this topic regularly to beat some sense into their heads hopefully.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Amicable Pugs.4503

Amicable Pugs.4503

Just a slight addition/edit to Endure Pain.

With 30 points into defense a warrior can also grab, Defy Pain (another 4s Endure Pain at 25% hp), but it doesn’t care how you get to 25%; if you’re already blocking and have conditions, it will activate and waste part of your block, same with if you use your own Endure Pain.

Another addition to defy pain: Defy Pain goes on cooldown when you use the Endure Pain skill. So if you want to use both, you have to wait for Defy Pain to proc, then use the Endure Pain skill afterwards. That makes Defy Pain extremely lackluster because often when Defy Pain procs you’re at 5-15% hp and conditions usually bring you down easily before Defy Pain wears off.

Sorry this isn’t true, you CAN use EP before defy pain and it won’t go on cd. I don’t know how u got to this result but it’s not true, just tested it after reading your post.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Amicable Pugs.4503

Also another addition to OP’s post, seems a lot of warriors think Rush is bugged and bulls charge since they miss 80% of time. This is actually a gender bug that happens only on human females afaik. I changed from female to male recently and can confirm rush never misses anymore and nor bulls charge. Idk about other races tho.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Also another addition to OP’s post, seems a lot of warriors think Rush is bugged and bulls charge since they miss 80% of time. This is actually a gender bug that happens only on human females afaik. I changed from female to male recently and can confirm rush never misses anymore and nor bulls charge. Idk about other races tho.

no

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Amicable Pugs.4503

no

Did u even test it?<.<

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

Male human here,,,, they still miss.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Amicable Pugs.4503

Male human here,,,, they still miss.

Guess i gotta play warrior more then. Or idk….been wvwing for the past week and it never missed compared to when i was on female where it just went through my target hitting behind it :/

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

no

Did u even test it?<.<

yes

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

greatsword 5 rush feels errrr weak.

well, i use it as a good disengage skill though. it is good for that.

but if i use it on a enemy, sure, i will run up to them, but then it takes a while for my warrior to whip out his greatsword to whack that fellow.

they can easily walk away, dodge away during that window.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Let’s clear up this myth:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not gods impervious to everything thing in the game.

Säïnt

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Let’s clear up this myth:
Contrary to popular belief, we are not gods impervious to everything thing in the game.

Not all the time, just some of the time.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

Necromancer in the Warrior forums…..

+40% condition duration food negates -40% condition duration food. Please clarify why this is false in your opinion.

Pretty standard math problem. If the original condition on the skill lasts 10 seconds then you add the +40% from food you will have a 14 second condition.

The -40% food takes off 40% of the entire duration ( 14 seconds) which would be 5.6 seconds in this case turning the condition back down to 8.4 seconds in total.

The only way to cancel each other out would be for the -40% duration to use the original skill duration instead of the new updated duration.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: bigmonto.4215

bigmonto.4215

I thought all boon + conditional duration are additive then apply the final value to the original duration.

So +40 duration -40 duration = +0% duration. The +0% duration is apply to the original duration of the condition.

This is pretty much how it works for every single RPG that I remember.

(edited by bigmonto.4215)

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Chrhal.4983

Chrhal.4983

I like how this a post made by warriors, in the warrior forum describing why they are not overpowered.

Where is warrior not a great choice? PvE, PvP, WvW?

1. Do they have great sustained damage?
2. Do the have great toughness?
3. Do they have a large health pool?
4. Do they have good burst?
5. Do they have good condition cleanse?
6. Are they good at dealing with enemy boons?
7. Do they have good CC?
8. Do they have good access to stability?
9. Do they have great healing?
10. Do they have great in combat and out of combat mobility?

1. Yes
2. Heavy armor says hi!
3. Warrior base health pool says hi!
4. Eviscerate and 100-blades says hi! (You could skip 100-blades and still have eviscerate, go to point 7)
5. Cleansing Ire and Dogged March says hi! I mean cmon when are you not using your burst skills, its not that long of a cooldown
6. Destruction of the Empowered says hi!
7. Earthshaker, Shield Bash, Hammer Shock, Staggering Blow and Backbreaker says hi! (and this is only shield and hammer)
8. Balanced Stance and Dolyak Signet says hi! (actually you don’t need Dolyak Signet)
9. Healing Signet says hi!
10. Greatsword and sword says hi! (you can skip this if you actually are running without those of course, but most people running hammer/axe shield is most likely also running bulls charge for the extra CC)

…and yes you could include almost all of these into one build. (I think you could come up with that without my help).

Just saying, I’m not one of those crying for hard warrior nerfs, i’d rather see a retweaking of how some of the traits and abilities work together. However claming that you can’t EASILY get access to the 10 above points is just wrong in my opinion. If you can convince me otherwise, I’d love to be wrong.

Also I think some of you may have misunderstood what combat is. To win a fight in guild wars, generally you have to play better than your opponent (I know in some cases there can be hard counters). So saying that warrior was in a bad state before because you had to outsmart other classes to win, is kind of a joke. There may be other reasons for why the warrior was in a weak state before, but that you had to play better than your opponent to win is not one of them.

/Archiae

Archiae – Mesmer
“Lol I have never GvG’d before”
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Chrhal.4983)

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Necromancer in the Warrior forums…..

+40% condition duration food negates -40% condition duration food. Please clarify why this is false in your opinion.

Pretty standard math problem. If the original condition on the skill lasts 10 seconds then you add the +40% from food you will have a 14 second condition.

The -40% food takes off 40% of the entire duration ( 14 seconds) which would be 5.6 seconds in this case turning the condition back down to 8.4 seconds in total.

The only way to cancel each other out would be for the -40% duration to use the original skill duration instead of the new updated duration.

Their effects are additive, not multiplicative. That is, you’re not going to get x*1.4*0.6, but x*(1+0.4-0.4) = x*1. Easy to prove via counting the number of ticks you get.

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

This thread is degrading fast..typical I guess.
I don’t understand why hammer wars are still such a major issue, the skills have massive tells. I hate to say it but I guess it’s just a l2p issue.

Säïnt

Warrior Mythbuster

in Warrior

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

it has been 8 months since this topic is made, and yet, there are still a lot of fresh topics going on in the profession balance forums.

them warrior haters will not stop no matter what.

let’s just hope that anet will not give in and entertain their requests in the next balance update.