[Warrior] This class is already dead.

in Warrior

Posted by: Empiren.6401

Empiren.6401

Ok for starters here is this DISCLAIMER : I am not talking about pve and am just going to ignore anyone who thinks LB or Rifle are core warrior weapons.

Movement
-The primary problems with warrior movement lies on both what we can do and what we can do to the enemy

1. Passive movement speed:
Why do we, as a primarily melee class, have no passive movement speed buffs? Our only passive buff is from a trait that gives us 10%*(useless and costly).

I mean what is the reason we do not have one and almost every other range profession does? We have to be within melee range for 90% of our skills to hit/do damage, its just beyond me that we don’t have the this. What could have possibly been the mindset?
“Oh hey lets give range more passive movement speed than warrior-melee, haha, that totally won’t mess up the warriors on top of slows/cc being aoe/spammable for every range!.”

2. Slows vs Movement skills.

All our movement skills don’t go very far. They don’t just launch us across the map and only rush has a range outside of 1k(which is the general attack distance for range).

So our movement skills, that for the most part don’t even reach 600, get halved by slows. Why? What is the point of our movement skills suffering from slows? Consistency? What about RTL, teleports, any number of movement skills on the other classes? Nope, none of those are even remotely hindered by cc.

-Lets also not forget the short range of our movement skills, how slow they are(seriously, you can dodge them for days), and the fact that if they are dodged completely you are SOL till they get off of cooldown because of the cc/passive movement on range will allow them to kite you till death.

3. All those slows we don’t have.
-In just about every weapon, we have 1 slow. It last about half the cooldown of the skill and is either a hit or miss. Most of them are dodgeable simply because of the low speed of the projectile. Again, if you don’t apply slow you better hope the enemy sits there because you won’t be able to catch them.
————————————————————————————————————
DEFENSE!!!
———————————————————

So we don’t have protection, generally what is needed for every bunker build. But we got high HP!

1. High hp doesn’t matter.
It really, really doesn’t. That is all there is to that. Anyone who plays bunker can tell you that having 10k less hp is totally worth it if the class is self-sustainable. Anyone who plays burst can tell you that that 10k hp goes down in heartbeat if you don’t have any evade/protection.

2. No Healing.
Our regen is pathetic. Our heals have long cooldowns, don’t give us anywhere near adequate healing considering our hp pool(generally 20-30% of our hp pool while other classes get a lot higher percentage.)

3. Blocking!
Shield, 3 seconds, long cooldown Endure pain has the same scenario.(both still take damage from conditions)
——————————————————
*OFFENSE

—————————————

So outside of us getting to land the hits, how are the hits themselves?

Mediocre outside of PVE.

Yup. Our damage is hardly worth writing home for. Even if you specced pure class, a range could come very close if not pass your damage. The only reason warriors have any amount more is because of vulnerability applied/stacked on many of the attacks. Which is like 1%-4% for the majority of them.

Our burst is awful honestly. Most classes can sustain that damage but warrior has to be in melee range for it to “burst”. So your actual dps in pvp will be extremely low.
—————————————————-
-Final Notes—————

I much enjoy melee classes in mmo’s. I find they give the most rush and excitement for a class. However, warrior is no longer any fun. Its boring, its slow, and there isn’t a good reason for players to give it a whirl outside of pve.

I just wrote this because I’m sick of waiting for my class to be anywhere near the other melee classes in pvp, much less the range.

Also: Warrior plays the same role here as in wow. Nerfed and useless forever till they finally improve it and then repeat the nerf process. Only unlike wow, arenanet keeps saying “we don’t want them to be overpowering” when they are already on the lowest tier. Its disgusting honestly.

in Warrior

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Warrior has insane burst damage. Play with a hammer and axe/shield. Get the trait in Arms that gives you +50% crit chance when foe is stunned.

Shield bash (1 second stun) + full adrenaline Eviserate = 6k+
Hammer full adrenaline Earthshaker (2 second stun) + 3 hit auto attack = 10k+

Warriors can be wrecking balls.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

I disagree with almost everything. But I am assuming this is for sPvP/tPvP and considering the builds for these are totally different from the ones used in WvW (heck, I can’t even make my build in the mists…) I can’t say much.

Your damage section must be troll thou, warrior has almost the best burst in game. And we can give ourselves 100% movement speed uptime which no other class can this easily.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

Warrior has insane burst damage. Play with a hammer and axe/shield. Get the trait in Arms that gives you +50% crit chance when foe is stunned.

Pfft you actually think thats burst? Seriously, try out thief or mesmer.

(just gonna compare a bit)

Thief unload 4-5k each. HS: 6k low health
———————
But hey, 10k if they don’t have a stunbreaker!

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

I disagree with almost everything. But I am assuming this is for sPvP/tPvP and considering the builds for these are totally different from the ones used in WvW (heck, I can’t even make my build in the mists…) I can’t say much.

Your damage section must be troll thou, warrior has almost the best burst in game. And we can give ourselves 100% movement speed uptime which no other class can this easily.

Best burst, if it hits.

IF.

IT.

HITS.

So in reality, best burst for pve.

in Warrior

MiLkZz.4789

Thief can miss too, love to guess right and dodge all his damage.
Mesmer is easy to dodge too.

Landing a burst depends on your skill. It might be harder for some classes, but if a warrior hits, the enemy gets downed. That is why it is harder to hit. High risk/high gain.

I can compare too:
-backstab thief: backstab 2.2k/cloak and dagger 1.8k/heartseeker 1.7k
-warrior 100b: 1.7k-2k (x8)

Both full zerker on my tank warrior. You see, 1 warrior skill outdamages everything a thief has.

Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

What don’t people understand!

Passive speed boosts go bye bye as soon as combat is initiated. They are only useful for keeping up with the zerg in WvW and even then there is so much AoE swiftness being dropped there is no need for it. We have ample access to the only speed boost that doesn’t disappear in combat and that is swiftness.

I will give you have the range impacted by cripples and such on our gap closers is an issue.

Hit Points do matter, but I agree we should have some access to protection. This is there real issue is that we simply are taking too much damage.

Since the food nerf, our healing issues are being exposed.

Blocks are fine.

We have some of the best sustained and burst damage in the game, the issue is not the damage, it is getting into melee and staying there that is the issue. Killshot, Eviscerate, and 100B do as much damage as anything in the game, the issue is landing them. Personally I would be willing to take a damage reduction if we could just hit reliably with these skills. Axe AA does nearly as much damage as 100B over the same period(the casting time plus the recharge time), but we still have the issue of getting into melee.

I believe the way the game is going this should be called Ranged Wars.

in Warrior

MiLkZz.4789

It’s so funny how both WvW and sPvP are developing so differently.
WvW: rangers dissapearing because they just getting cruised over by the melee train
sPvP: rangers dominating because of easy kiting

Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

———————

What? unload sucks its fun but its pretty all in if you are running P/P to get work out of P/P you almost have to run haste and have no endurance after you blow your load to counter you can have signet of agility using up a util slot

I would say they are dodged easily or whatever but you can have that conversation all day. But Unload isnt really good at all.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: pahldus.1678

pahldus.1678

^He was talking about P/D and the unload from stealth.

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

What don’t people understand!

Passive speed boosts go bye bye as soon as combat is initiated. They are only useful for keeping up with the zerg in WvW and even then there is so much AoE swiftness being dropped there is no need for it. We have ample access to the only speed boost that doesn’t disappear in combat and that is swiftness.

I will give you have the range impacted by cripples and such on our gap closers is an issue.

Hit Points do matter, but I agree we should have some access to protection. This is there real issue is that we simply are taking too much damage.

Since the food nerf, our healing issues are being exposed.

Blocks are fine.

We have some of the best sustained and burst damage in the game, the issue is not the damage, it is getting into melee and staying there that is the issue. Killshot, Eviscerate, and 100B do as much damage as anything in the game, the issue is landing them. Personally I would be willing to take a damage reduction if we could just hit reliably with these skills. Axe AA does nearly as much damage as 100B over the same period(the casting time plus the recharge time), but we still have the issue of getting into melee.

I believe the way the game is going this should be called Ranged Wars.

actually passive still exist in combat.
WvW is a zergfest first and foremost, crit damage/chance can also go above 100% i believe as well as ridiculous conditions and such. Please do not thing that has anything to do with such as being any reason for warriors pathetic dmg.

Hit points vs protection is simple math.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

^He was talking about P/D and the unload from stealth.

Sneak attack is the from stealth ability unload isnt from stealth. Sneak attack is weak in a burst build you can get 5k if you go full glass with P/D if you do that you might as well use a different weapon set.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Warrior

Posted by: thefirstlazydude.2408

thefirstlazydude.2408

The largest problem with this threat is the fact that you are disregarding PvE, when Anet as said before that they want to keep PvE and PvP balanced at the same time. In PvE warriors are great with heavy damage dealing and that extra HP creates a buffer for mistakes. So instead of making criticisms I’d recommend trying to figure out what you’d be willing to give up for better mobility, time on target, and protection.

Defensive Armor 80 Warrior (main) / Thefirstlazydude 80 Necromancer / Offensive Armor 80 Guardian
Champion Legionnaire of DTG and oPP
More then just a Zergling on Blackgate

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

The largest problem with this threat is the fact that you are disregarding PvE, when Anet as said before that they want to keep PvE and PvP balanced at the same time. In PvE warriors are great with heavy damage dealing and that extra HP creates a buffer for mistakes. So instead of making criticisms I’d recommend trying to figure out what you’d be willing to give up for better mobility, time on target, and protection.

I’d be willing to give up warrior, how about that?

in Warrior

Posted by: CookMETEnder.7582

CookMETEnder.7582

I think the warrior’s skill are fine…
I just think everything is out of order and wrongly grouped.

We have access to so much mobility, but it’s spread out amongst traits and weapons.
We have access to quite a bit of condition removal, but once again, it is spread out and requires immense sacrifice.
We have very few things that have synergy.

I think they need to take a look at the warrior again starting from how they grouped traits, minors, etc.

in Warrior

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

y’r all doing it wrong…
use sword-axe for flurry(immobilize)+whirling axe. sword 2 is gap closer get some bull rush or something and greatsword no. 5 rush. You don’t even need a speedbuff.

Also the signet of rage gives decent swiftness for a long period of time. so you don’t need the passive speedbuff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

y’r all doing it wrong…
use sword-axe for flurry(immobilize)+whirling axe. sword 2 is gap closer get some bull rush or something and greatsword no. 5 rush. You don’t even need a speedbuff.

Also the signet of rage gives decent swiftness for a long period of time. so you don’t need the passive speedbuff.

> recommending whirling axe for anything at all

Yeah it’s pretty obvious you have no idea what you are a talking about whatsoever

Pvp warrior is terrible. This thread is about s/tpvp. Please don’t bring your pve/wvw experience into this thread. Seriously.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

y’r all doing it wrong…

Flurry is unreliable in my opinion. It works in lower tier WvWvW but.. yea…
What you say about SoR and swiftness is definitely correct though.
There is no need for passive speed buffs as long as you utilize SoR correctly.

If anyone wants to argue that you need more than 30s of swiftness… let’s be brutally honest with ourselves… if a fight lasts more than 30s with a warrior…
A) The warrior and the opponent both suck
B) The opponent is a warrior as well
C) Wha….?

Assuming these are minor skirmishes

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

y’r all doing it wrong…

If anyone wants to argue that you need more than 30s of swiftness… let’s be brutally honest with ourselves… if a fight lasts more than 30s with a warrior…
C) Wha….?

Boon rip, and……… done.

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

Landing a burst depends on your skill. It might be harder for some classes, but if a warrior hits, the enemy gets downed. That is why it is harder to hit. High risk/high gain.

I can compare too:

Both full zerker on my tank warrior. You see, 1 warrior skill outdamages everything a thief has.

Uh……… what? I’m sorry but your damage numbers are just silly.

You think backstab goes for 2.2k? Heartseeker under 2k?

Sorry but base values vs implementation. Thief can take power/crit/crit damage in their tree(all 30) we can’t. They also have Executioner, 20% dmg. under 50% hp among other things.
—————————————————

Not saying thief is better than warrior or such but you are basing it off of base damage on a multi-hit strike that plants you in one spot. Not only that, the length it takes you could pull off several of those you mentioned.

Kind of unrealistic don’tcha think?

in Warrior

oZii.2864

I can compare too:

Sorry but base values vs implementation. Thief can take power/crit/crit damage in their tree(all 30) we can’t. They also have Executioner, 20% dmg. under 50% hp among other things.
—————————————————

Not saying thief is better than warrior or such but you are basing it off of base damage on a multi-hit strike that plants you in one spot. Not only that, the length it takes you could pull off several of those you mentioned.

Thief isnt as powerful as a warrior its not really close imo. A thief can get good numbers yea.

5k mug, 5k cnd, and if you get a good crit 10-12k bs and that all can come quick. If you go all glass those numbers are realistic not all the time but they are realistic. After that you are kind of done though and your mug is on at best 35 sec cd (though nobody ever goes 30 pts in trickery for it to be that low anyway) so average is about 38 secs with 15-20 pts in trick.

You can pump those numbers pretty easily on a warrior with out having alot of points in power or crit chance. 5k mug is like my staggering blow, 10k bs an eviscerate, cnd again my staggering blow. Ive hit a 80 ranger for 7k with rush before rofl thats when I had 20 pts in strength which I dont have now and I still pump out numbers close to those.

{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

The problem with warriors is that their discipline trait is atm 100% useless. A-net just nerfed it to the ground by making it from +30% burst damage to +3% and just decided to leave it without compensating for it.

Doesn’t change the fact that a warrior has to either go full dps or full support and basically do jack squat, completely outclassed by a guardian. Their only realiable way to gain might is with GS trait which is where most of the damage comes from but you need the enemy to be brain dead and stand still and also not have protection boon up 24/7. This is the reason why they are decent in WvW but fall flat in s/tPvP, since you can’t get 100% crit chance and get easily 25 might stacks with HB + Whirlwind.

Hell I’ve played a ele/guard and gotten more might and constantly than a warrior (not going to mention a engineer that stacks 20+ might stack). Warrior has what over other ppl? Nothing. As far as I’m concern A-Net is just say atm we don’t give a flying fk about warriors. I just wish they just tell it to us players so I can just abandon it and delete my class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

The problem with warriors is that their discipline trait is atm 100% useless. A-net just nerfed it to the ground by making it from +30% burst damage to +3% and just decided to leave it without compensating for it.

Sure, stat-wise the burst damage from the line is negligible, but Discipline also has some pretty cool and useful traits that are hard to pass on.

in Warrior

MiLkZz.4789

—————————————————

I got screenshots, can’t help it that I am tanky. And yea, I know 100b roots you and is bad because of it. But somebody was throwing numbers so I started to throw some too.

Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

Sure, stat-wise the burst damage from the line is negligible, but Discipline also has some pretty cool and useful traits that are hard to pass on.

Please stop perpetrating this school of thought, it’s completely ridiculous that warrior has a functionally absolutely useless class-specific stat. It’s not like the other classes don’t get “pretty cool and useful traits that are hard to pass on” in their last traitline.

Every other class benefits immensely from their class-specific stat, why is warrior the only one whose stat does absolutely nothing ~7months into the game?
Not to mention how “Burst damage increase” doesn’t even do anything for 6/9 warrior burst skills since the only burst skills which point is to do damage are Kill Shot, Eviscerate, and Forceful Shot.
And before some PvE warrior says “b-but the crit damage increase in the trait line is already so good!” No. Let’s look at what the other classes get together with their 30% crit damage taking that they invested 30 points into their line:
Elementalists, Ranger and Thief: 300 Precision
Guardian: 300 Toughness
Necromancer: 30% Death Shroud HP
Engineer: -30% on Toolbelt Skill Recharge
Mesmer -30% on Shatter Recharge
and finally we have Warrior:
Warrior: +3% Burst Damage Increase.

in Warrior

Posted by: Diablo.1384

Diablo.1384

Great post, something needs to change about the warrior class, playing a warrior is playing a class with a disadvantage, especially when you get meat head guardians tanking everything you throw at them, even the crap players that roll guardians can beat really skilled warriors, unbalanced is the word.

in Warrior

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

Yeah! I can agree with the OP. From my experience this are the problems, that the warrior has.

1. Mobility
2. Conditions
3. Healing
4. Very long cooldowns.
5. Mostly no synergy.

Regards Seed

in Warrior

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

Please stop perpetrating this school of thought, it’s completely ridiculous that warrior has a functionally absolutely useless class-specific stat. It’s not like the other classes don’t get “pretty cool and useful traits that are hard to pass on” in their last traitline.

Every other class benefits immensely from their class-specific stat, why is warrior the only one whose stat does absolutely nothing ~7months into the game?
Not to mention how “Burst damage increase” doesn’t even do anything for 6/9 warrior burst skills since the only burst skills which point is to do damage are Kill Shot, Eviscerate, and Forceful Shot.
And before some PvE warrior says “b-but the crit damage increase in the trait line is already so good!” No. Let’s look at what the other classes get together with their 30% crit damage taking that they invested 30 points into their line:

I quoted a guy who said Discipline was 100% useless, that’s simply untrue because those utility traits are really good, and btw that’s not the case with all the other classes. I also said the Burst stat was negligible, so yours is the school of thought I’m actually perpetrating, but please don’t let reality get in the way of your forum crusade.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

Thief trait line is not precision its condition damage!!! Its the trickery line and nobody goes 30 points in it. 20 pts in trickery gets you like steal every 38 secs or something. From its 45 sec normal cd. The thiefs class mechanic line is crappy along with the warriors as far as its returns.

{Thief}

in Warrior

Posted by: peter.9024

peter.9024

The discipline stats are a bit weak, but they do contain some of the most critical warrior abilities:
- 5 sec weapon swap
- mobile strikes
- signet mastery
- 9% crit chance~ 200 precision
In light of those skills I can’t not go at least 20 into the discipline line and in most builds I go 30 into the line.

Skullclamp

in Warrior

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Thief trait line is not precision its condition damage!!! Its the trickery line and nobody goes 30 points in it. 20 pts in trickery gets you like steal every 38 secs or something. From its 45 sec normal cd. The thiefs class mechanic line is crappy along with the warriors as far as its returns.

You also forget that thief steal is one of the best mechanics they have and most versatile, they can deal good damage, poison, steal boons, go in stealth, reset your utilities, it’s a stun breaker as well not including the 10s ALL BOONS bundle you can get. How is -30% CD on steal NOT GOOD? You want our +3% burst damage instead?

This is A-Net’s idea of warrior, it’s their baseline class, every other class will do better than this piece of crap. That’s their balancing policy, no other class will suck as badly as warrior. But no worries in the next patch we’ll get another +30 stats in banners and kick will be changed into “running kick” +50 range, lunging kick is too weird.

in Warrior

oZii.2864

You also forget that thief steal is one of the best mechanics they have and most versatile, they can deal good damage, poison, steal boons, go in stealth, reset your utilities, it’s a stun breaker as well not including the 10s ALL BOONS bundle you can get. How is -30% CD on steal NOT GOOD? You want our +3% burst damage instead?

Huh? I wasnt comparing traits just the investment in pts for the return on the mechanic 3% burst damage or -10 sec cd for the 30 pts.

The traits build around steal would be comparable to a warriors traits like building momentum, berserker power, heightened focus, the heal you get from surge based on adrenaline, adrenal health, adrenaline on weapon swap, burst skill recharge faster, and burst skills cost less adrenaline.

When you compare

building momentum, berserker power, heightened focus, the heal you get from surge based on adrenaline, adrenal health, adrenaline on weapon swap, burst skill recharge faster, and burst skills cost less adrenaline.

The warriors skills look pretty good your examples require traits except for the stun break thats the only thing that trumps burst for warrior. The rest is in warrior favor for class mechanic.

Thrill of the crime, bountiful theft, mugged, kleptomaniac and preparedness are pretty much the only desirable traits people use for steal. Most thieves will tell you that steal isn’t all that great.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Warrior

Posted by: Seryi.7936

Seryi.7936

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you consider Rifle and Longbow ‘core’ Warrior weapons? I thought they were pretty useful for their niche, and the Warrior is the master of WEAPONS, not just melee weapons.

And yes, this goes for PvP too.

Tarnished Coast, Thief main, Asura.

in Warrior

CookMETEnder.7582

y’r all doing it wrong…

C) Wha….?

Boon rip, and……… done.

Honestly, if we do get boon rip / hate…. I think I may really like it
Ripping away stability from a D/D elementalist…. oh the joyous days to come~

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

y’r all doing it wrong…

C) Wha….?

Boon rip, and……… done.

Honestly, if we do get boon rip / hate…. I think I may really like it
Ripping away stability from a D/D elementalist…. oh the joyous days to come~

My mouth waters if we are able to strip those boons off an elementalist or guardian with my mighty hammer and finally fight toe to toe against those annoying Super Bunker builds that are like giant walls in the middle of WvW. Just imagining it is too much o.o

in Warrior

Jzaku.9765

It has always been referred to as “Boon Hate”. Not once did they mention anything remotely close to ripping boons off enemies. It’s just going to be something stupid and entirely useless/insignificant like +1% damage per boon on the enemy.

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

^ Party Pooper >.>, but its most likely the sad truth T.T

in Warrior

Posted by: Varyag.3751

Varyag.3751

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you consider Rifle and Longbow ‘core’ Warrior weapons? I thought they were pretty useful for their niche, and the Warrior is the master of WEAPONS, not just melee weapons.

A combination of GW1 mentality combined with the cliches of the definition “Warrior” in RPG games. All of the classes have ranged and melee capabilities in some form or another.

I play Warrior, Guardian, Elementalist and Thief.

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

A combination of GW1 mentality combined with the cliches of the definition “Warrior” in RPG games. All of the classes have ranged and melee capabilities in some form or another.

Well that and they aren’t any better than another proffesion’s alternative.
————————————————

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

Is my Elementalist’s alternative the ranged weapon (staff) or the melee one (dagger/dagger)? Who are you to determine what is or isn’t the alternative? Warrior should also be a great ranged class.

in Warrior

Posted by: spconder.2489

spconder.2489

y’r all doing it wrong…

C) Wha….?

D) A Skilled Warrior fighting a Guardian. That bubble shield is so annoying, JUST DIE ALREADY! I once had an SPvP 1v1 fight with a guardian that lasted over two minutes thanks to that skill.

I’ve actually found that setting up your warrior to stack conditions works wonders. For example, with an earth rune GS, you can easily stack bleeding, Crippled, and Vulnerability in a single hit. Your target will use their CR almost every time. When they do, Bolas, Rush, HB, good night.

And if they don’t CR? Rush in and lay the smacketh down while they’re crippled.

Having trouble with your own CR? Runes of the Soldier. Shake it off noew removes 2 conditions from both you and your allies, FGJ now does buffs AND CR. Combine that with the Auto-Balanced Stance trait from the defense line, and you become the Juggernaut. You can even combine that with the Dolyak Signet for even more FUN for your enemies, though that is kinda overkill.

I have yet to try this, but I’m also certain that running a Dual Wielding build with Sigils of Generosity+Nullification could be really rage-inducing, especially when paired with the above skills.

I have never had issues playing a Warrior in WvW or sPvP.

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

Is my Elementalist’s alternative the ranged weapon (staff) or the melee one (dagger/dagger)? Who are you to determine what is or isn’t the alternative? Warrior should also be a great ranged class.

Staff for aoe nuke. And yes, staff is better than LB.

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

And Rifle, which is why both of Warrior’s ranged weapons also need improvement.

in Warrior

Empiren.6401

And Rifle, which is why both of Warrior’s ranged weapons also need improvement.

Well rifle is primarily single target. In spvp it lacks the crit damage and to be honest its not too bad of a weapon if used for secondary.

in Warrior

Varyag.3751

Well rifle is primarily single target. In spvp it lacks the crit damage and to be honest its not too bad of a weapon if used for secondary.

…which is why both of Warrior’s ranged weapons also need improvement.

in Warrior

Posted by: Slomoshun.6317

Slomoshun.6317

———————

You’re forgetting a key factor about thieves..their health pool is almost half of that of a zerker warrior.

I get 10k+ eviscerates on level 80’s while having a larger health pool than everyone. If I have full adrenaline and I find a target I can down him before he gets up from the Bulls Charge knockdown. If I don’t have full adrenaline I can pretty much CC the person until I do.

in Warrior

Posted by: raito.4085

raito.4085

i think people here realy doesn’t understand that hiting 10k 1 time doesn’t mean you win , warrior are unpowered in spvp , not talking about WwW or PvE the dev should realy think about this class or it’s gonna be a dead class for solo PvP.

SFR – [Opt] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqRdpJAUXqQ
Chuck Noriis – Warrior

in Warrior

Posted by: Ken Virgo.6084

Ken Virgo.6084

It’s kinda sad that some players get upset because they cant hit the PvP i win button. No class is perfect. not warrior,guardian,mesmer,thief,ranger,elementalist,necromancer, or engineer. Everyone is going to make mistakes OR sacrifice one part of the class for the other. Learn to play the class and get a build/class that works for YOU.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Your damage section must be troll thou, warrior had almost the best burst in game. And we can give ourselves 100% movement speed uptime (traited with warhorn offhand) which no other class, besides the elementalist, can this easily.

Fixed is in bold. The problem is your opinion of the warrior comes from zerging; and while I agree with you on your points, you can’t disagree with someone on a completely different premise. The warrior has a lot of “diversifiable” negatives that nearly, if not completely, disappear in a massive ball of players. Even in smaller groups he can sometimes get away with controlling a fight, but most of the time he gets stomped outside the zerg.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

It’s kinda sad that some players get upset because they cant hit the PvP i win button. No class is perfect. not warrior,guardian,mesmer,thief,ranger,elementalist,necromancer, or engineer. Everyone is going to make mistakes OR sacrifice one part of the class for the other. Learn to play the class and get a build/class that works for YOU.

Yeah that is sad. I don’t see any of that here though, so I’m not sure what your point is.

Most of those players have already moved to the classes that CAN do that. Like the thief/ele/mesmer.