Warrior Torch Hype (Discuss!)

in Warrior

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

And here we go. Torch Confirmed for the Berserker. What are your thoughts?!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMn2D1RUkAApy2Q.jpg

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Definitely seems to be an animal theme!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I hope that burning stays as is, so I can give those cele ele plebs a taste of their own medicine. :P

in Warrior

Posted by: Atlas.4509

Atlas.4509

More interesting to me than a dagger for sure, can’t wait to see what kind of utility skills they get.

in Warrior

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Here’s the image for people who haven’t seen it yet:

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I’m not really sure what they’re going to do with the weapon that will be interesting. Getting a smoke field would be really fun for Sword synergy and Powerful Synergy if we got a baseline Fast Hands. If we just get a “set them on fire” skill though it’s going to be disappointing.

The animal imagery is interesting. But if we get pets we better get some major AI fixes.

Edit: since we’re only getting an offhand the weapon skills are supposed to be really impactful getting a giant smoke field so you could pull a anime-style “where is he-gaaaaah!” As you land Final Thrust would be cool. A Warrior offhand needs utility and that would be fairly fun and useful.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Oh torch! This is surely more useful than… emm… no, bare hands are useful too… well, right, this is PIECE OF CRAP.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Oh torch! This is surely more useful than… emm… no, bare hands are useful too… well, right, this is PIECE OF CRAP.

What… you’d prefer a dagger or pistol in your off-hand ?

LOL

in Warrior

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I’m curious about the utility type. Survival? Sprit? Consecration?

in Warrior

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Torch for war is the first weapon I thought of when thinking of warrior spec. weapon. I think it’s a good choice, but of course now it’s down to anet to actually make something meaningful from it and give it some nice skills…

I’m just happy it’s not a pistol anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

On the bright side it means you’re probably going to get an enhanced class mechanic which certainly could play into warrior hands very well depending on what it is.

Remember, people weren’t exactly happy at war horn for temp…oh bad example. Shield for mesmer was ok but the new class mechanic was top notch =D

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

LOL

Yes. I will gladly take duelist warrior over pathetic wannabe-guardian.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

LOL

Yes. I will gladly take duelist warrior over pathetic wannabe-guardian.

Duelist warrior ?

Sounds more like wannabe thief…

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Duelist warrior ?

Sounds more like wannabe thief…

Still much better than “haha I can wave burning stick”.

25 charracters

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

I super hope it gets a Smoke Field… Sword + Torch Condi would be super super fun at that rate, especially a Celestial build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Hyped for a stupid torch? I have none. It’s dumb considering there’s still daggers, staves, pistols, and even shortbow. All this will do is give Warriors a little more access to burning most likely which, is the last thing we need in this game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

I want the ability to stick my primary weapon into the torch and start it on fire so it does burning damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Well…if nothing else the Torch will look good with my Fiery Dragon Sword. I got the fire armor as well.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

Hyped for a stupid torch? I have none. It’s dumb considering there’s still daggers, staves, pistols, and even shortbow. All this will do is give Warriors a little more access to burning most likely which, is the last thing we need in this game.

Sure, if you’re uncreative. So far, they seem to have been pretty careful of making new weapons “far too obvious”. I’m personally hoping for a spin that creates a smoke field ring. Not too likely to happen, but that’d be fantastic for Sword leap. I have a sneaking suspicion there was future intent with the double-leap trait beyond just fire auras… Not that I’d use it now, of course, still a bit lack-luster, but it may provide hints.

in Warrior

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Things I rather get than a new weapon

-3rd weapon set
-f2 skill
-fast hands baseline

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: origin.1496

origin.1496

3 animal heads on the torch.
Remember before GW2 launched, Rangers originally had a concept for an elite that you could summon 3 of your animal companions into the open?

Warrior getting ranger pets confirmed.

in Warrior

ronpierce.2760

Things I rather get than a new weapon

-3rd weapon set
-f2 skill
-fast hands baseline

1. Would never Happen, not sure how you could suggest this and expect it to ever be balanced.
2. Seems likely already in addition to the torch, so not sure what the problem is there. Every elite has had an additional perk to the class mechanic.
3. Again, yeah diversity stuff, but you’d probably still find yourself going into Discipline anyways a good majority of the time, Fast Hands isnt the only goodie there, and you’d have to accept that other trees would have to be nerfed to compensate for this type of class-wide buff. Not sure people would all be so happy with the changes for the sake of pvp diversity, but maybe.

in Warrior

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

Why a Lion, Wolf, and Bear torch. Missed the opportunity to make a Lion, Tiger, and Bear torch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

The torch seems consistent with a condition/hybrid warrior. I suppose you could get a bonfire (AoE Burn + fire field) and some torch throwing (inflicting Burn or Blind). Smoke field would be great, but is improbable, because it would give the warrior a way to stealth.

The Torch could be used in many interesting setups, although from a condition point of view, I’d like another main-hand weapon inflicting damaging conditions, to expand build options.

in Warrior

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

I wonder what they got in store for wars give up on either defense, discipline or str lines as everyone and their mom runs gs nowdays.

obey me

in Warrior

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

The torch seems consistent with a condition/hybrid warrior. I suppose you could get a bonfire (AoE Burn + fire field) and some torch throwing (inflicting Burn or Blind).

Sure, some elite specs are stepping on other professions toes to a certain extent, but this is literally a copy of the ranger torch.

in Warrior

Posted by: GruntSquad.1530

GruntSquad.1530

Berserker appearently may translates to “bare skin” or, more likely, “bear skin”. To get the story short, berserkers essentially were champions, who wore bear skins to display their status, and are not the shirtless, rage induced barbarian wielding two-handed axes. I guess ArenaNet is going for the more heraldic champion approach. So thats why there are the animal heads. A Bear for the name, berserker, a wolf head, i guess symbolizing balthazar, the human god of war and his two hounds tegon and t-something. And a lion head… hmm, i guess lion’s arch?

There is a video from a youtuber, Lindybeige.
In one of his videos he talks about ‘berserkers’ and how the name came to be.
No worries, he’s pretty nerdy himself, but also is educated in history and stuff.

in Warrior

Posted by: online.1278

online.1278

I need scepter over torch. Just think, currently we warrior has no 1-handed ranged weapon.

The Korean Gamer (Best Warrior NA)
My Stream : http://www.twitch.tv/eSportsKorea see me vs Tarcis, Chaith, Crysis and etc!

in Warrior

Posted by: Orcinus Orca.8627

Orcinus Orca.8627

I was hoping for a focus but the torch looks interesting, too.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheDuck.4526

TheDuck.4526

Please no pets

I moved from Guard to Warrior because they got traps (2nd most boring thing about the most boring class— Rangers) So I’ll be ultra sad if we get the 1st most boring thing about the most boring class— pets. All my opinion, of course— but I’ll wait to see what we get.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yukiatsuruko.3784

Yukiatsuruko.3784

The torch skills and berserker specialization better be ridiculous if it’s going to compete with PS/EA Warrior.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection.

in Warrior

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

I’ll be interested to see if they give us a smoke and/or light field. A growing fire field that applies burning would be cool but kind of eclipsed by lb.

in Warrior

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

You guiz are lucky.

but RIP Dual Focus fist weapons, but it was too epic of an idea to actually happen though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

That helm though, dangerous around low hanging power lines in Rata Sum

in Warrior

Posted by: Phoenix.5047

Phoenix.5047

I can’t be the only one thinking this, warrior sets self on fire, gains Xbuffs and pulses out burning. You know, Berserker stuff.
That and pocket ash.

in Warrior

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

The torch seems consistent with a condition/hybrid warrior. I suppose you could get a bonfire (AoE Burn + fire field) and some torch throwing (inflicting Burn or Blind).

Sure, some elite specs are stepping on other professions toes to a certain extent, but this is literally a copy of the ranger torch.

I guess. I believe we’ll get a bonfire though, because a single fire field isn’t really enough to take advantage of the GM trait Powerful Synergy. The Throw Torch could be anything, even a simple melee hit, which would either blind or burn.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

i can already tell this wont make a difference unless if it favours condi and if its dual handed, other than that just think about the skills.

it will definitely not replace GS so itll be
gs/torch + torch?
gs/ s + t?
lb/ s + t?
lb/ t + t?
lb/ t + s?

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

in Warrior

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

Sword/Torch and Longbow builds are about all I can come up with too, darkaheart. Of course you lose team support without Warhorn, and I’m not sure I’m ready to give that up. Shoutbow’s too good right now with all the condi flying around.

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Maybe a skill that lets us set our weapon on fire?

/shrug

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Like shield, no chance of this ever getting used unless they add a 3rd weaponslot or rework literally all warrior traits.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Inb4 Stealth Warrior and the forum explodes.

in Warrior

Posted by: Texas.9547

Texas.9547

I think torch fits the warrior perfectly, and from the sound of it, the elite spec will be good. This game needs something to kill the pirate ship meta in wvw and bring back the melee trains and this may be the spec to do it.

Also, I cant remember where I read it, but I believe warrior is going to get a break bar as part of its mechanic. Anyway, I have big hopes for WVW.

Im deffinitly not worried about PvE since warrior already stacks on bosses in dungeons does that just fine and does so with a couple of different builds. And they do fine in open world too.

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Stealth + 100Blades == Massive QQ

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Torch has really good skins and can cause some good gameplay. Warriors should be happy about this

Axe torch will look sweet together

in Warrior

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

Torch… a raider!!!

Could be used to burn and/or blind. I would say dual wielding torches would be somewhat ridiculous (reminds me of a juggler)…

No matter what, I hope with this elite spec the overall use of dual wielding 1h weapons could be promoted someway.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

in Warrior

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I really can’t see this being “cool”. So far every elite spec has be underwhelming for me personally. ANet are not selling HoT to me at all. The Rev looks good, but the Rev alone is not going to make me buy it before launch.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

in Warrior

Posted by: Omega Zoa.3859

Omega Zoa.3859

lol “hype” i was looking forward to “berserker” but now..eh..if this specialization revolves around condi dmg i am done with warrior and moving to rev.

Kinda unfair considering some other classes seem like a direct upgrade..looking at you mesmer and necros… and warrior..ehh…but i am guessing too early..POI shall decide the fate of my warrior.

“Might makes Right” – the ability to commit an act is sufficient justification to do it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ilias.8647

Ilias.8647

If you think of it, with elite specs A.Net seems to add an aspect that is missing from some professions.

Currently residing on … Gandara[EU]

in Warrior

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

On the bright side it means you’re probably going to get an enhanced class mechanic which certainly could play into warrior hands very well depending on what it is.

Yeah, it’ll be interesting to see what it turns out to be. Curious where ANet can go in tinkering with Adrenaline/Burst skills. Hopefully, it’s not a dud like Tempest Overloads. I’d expect a new F-skill at the very least.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Warrior

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

lol “hype” i was looking forward to “berserker” but now..eh..if this specialization revolves around condi dmg i am done with warrior and moving to rev.

Kinda unfair considering some other classes seem like a direct upgrade..looking at you mesmer and necros… and warrior..ehh…but i am guessing too early..POI shall decide the fate of my warrior.

I would hold off on calling them a direct upgrade. Reaper is quite slow, so it is actually a less powerful option compared with the rest of the profession atm (will have to see how the changes move the Reaper around). Dragonhunter and Tempest as well are just new playstyles. I heard the Chronomancer was a little too strong, so I expect them to dial that back. As a lot of people say, they are not supposed to be direct upgrades, ArenaNet knows that (hopefull) because that will upset the balance of the game and limit build diversity.

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows