Warrior bug compilation. [Closed, used the sticky]

in Warrior

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Hammer’s burst skill requires that you not be moving to activate the targeting reticle.

in Warrior

Posted by: iKami.4950

iKami.4950

Weapon skills.
1. As mentioned before, GSword rush pretty useless skill because of it unstability, not working properly at small / mid range. Bull rush with same mechanic working fine i.e. at the end of it players \ mobs taking dmg + stun.
2. GS Handred blades has similar output with Dual Axe but you can move with Axe’s skill on
3. Sledge has too many skills with “channeling” efects which can be interrupted on move.

Utility
Banner ressurect has same description as Ranger’s spirit but working in other way.

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Greatsword 2h button 1 damage is comparable to axe 1h damage.

Warriors sprint doesn’t work whilst in combat as far as I can see?

Mobile strikes – What exactly are movement skills? – It only seemed to work with bullrush. Not with any skills, so what skills exactly count as movement skills.

Bolas and grasping vines (sylvari utility) seem to miss alot. Not even when the person has dodged. A mere sidestep seems to cause them to miss, and then you end up with a cooldown firing.

Maybe it’s just me but i’ve had damage bypassing shield 5 in some situations, maybe it’s a lag spike but the animation is still holding and I still take damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: LeoDeSol.7604

LeoDeSol.7604

Using Vengeance sometimes leads to a second death immediately upon respawn at a waypoint. I would die normally under Vengeance then take a waypoint only to immediately die again.

I can vouch for this and it is easy to replicate.

When you use vengeance, if you are killed again (not by vengeance) and you have to waypoint, you will die again as soon as you spawn at the waypoint (vengeance death kicks in). This cost extra repairs too.

Easiest was to replicate this: Find a veteran or champion. Die, pop vengeance, let the mob kill you before vengeance does, waypoint someplace… you will insta-die when loading screen ends.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pauleh.9685

Pauleh.9685

My ravaging flame guard (shield) is stuck half way in my arm, same thing happened with the sea shell looking shield before I transmuted it.

My character is a charr.

in Warrior

Posted by: Evagal.2584

Evagal.2584

Underwater skills are bugged. They deal 1/3 of the damage they should deal.

I can’t test this right now,but can someone else? I really want to confirm this bug because I feel like i do COMPLETE GARBAGE DAMAGE underwater with both my spear and harpoon gun,both of which are of the current level I am.

in Warrior

Posted by: Yukuai.3691

Yukuai.3691

I’m happy to see that all of my bad-skill-behaviours are shared with the community

These traits doesn’t work properly:
- Balanced Stance
- Defy Pain
- Sweet revenge

in Warrior

Posted by: Rain King.5914

Rain King.5914

The trait Last Stand has never activated whenever I’ve tested it in PvE. From the tooltip, it sounds like it should pop Stability as soon as you’re hit with the control effect, giving a free stun-breaker, but it has never activated at all for me. I haven’t heard if anyone else has gotten it to work.

Right now what happens is you get knocked down or stunned and THEN it activates balanced stance but for some reason it doesn’t break the stun. I’ve tested this several times and it always works like this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

Trait: Inspiring Banners.

Doesn’t increase the area of bonuses given out by banner skills. Although the reduced cooldown time portion of the trait works.

This is not true, I specifically tested this and the radius increases is working properly

in Warrior

Posted by: Malganys.9027

Malganys.9027

Using Vengeance sometimes leads to a second death immediately upon respawn at a waypoint. I would die normally under Vengeance then take a waypoint only to immediately die again.

he is right… if trait say (active balanced stance) must breake the STUN!! coz spell say breakes stuns and give u immunity to stunn effects

in Warrior

Posted by: one of them.7509

one of them.7509

It seems to be the only class thus far where a slightly higher than normal latency can result in the majority of your weapon swings missing the target. This is probably because the creature may actually be slightly farther ahead of you than what you see on screen. Ultimately I thing the lag compensation needs to be adjusted.

Also attacking a stationary destroyable object (the road blocks by the Sons of Svanir come to mind) can miss a lot when using a melee weapon. You have to find the perfect angle to actually hit the object.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mister Kitty.6718

Mister Kitty.6718

Rifle shots seem unable to hit certain targets like the plants in Twilight Arbor, or other types of structures. Arcing attacks like longbow shots or axe 3 work on them, so it seems to have something to do with the direct line of fire Rifle does. The message comes up as “Obstructed” quite often, almost like the rifle is attempting to shoot the ground instead of the object.

Mister Kitty – Full Exotic 80 Warrior, Axe/Warhorn – Charrzooka
Completer of the World, Wielder of the Charrzooka Rifle, Master of Weapon and Armorsmithing
… also makes a mean truffle stew.

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

It seems to be the only class thus far where a slightly higher than normal latency can result in the majority of your weapon swings missing the target. This is probably because the creature may actually be slightly farther ahead of you than what you see on screen. Ultimately I thing the lag compensation needs to be adjusted.

Also attacking a stationary destroyable object (the road blocks by the Sons of Svanir come to mind) can miss a lot when using a melee weapon. You have to find the perfect angle to actually hit the object.

Actually I find that you need to move while swinging sometimes in order to hit objects such as gates/trebs/etc. If you stand still, all you get are misses.

Ironically, this makes Hundred Blades completely useless for taking down objects when this bug occurs lol.

in Warrior

Posted by: Meadows.1659

Meadows.1659

Sure Footed doesnt change Endure Pain. According to sure footed’s tooltip it should increase stance durations by 25% which would push the 5 second Endure Pain to around 6 seconds. Which it doesnt.

in Warrior

Posted by: Qbert.4197

Qbert.4197

Sure Footed doesnt change Endure Pain. According to sure footed’s tooltip it should increase stance durations by 25% which would push the 5 second Endure Pain to around 6 seconds. Which it doesnt.

This is false. Sure Footed does increase Endure Pain’s duration … the issue is that the base Endure Pain duration is broken and only lasting ~3 seconds instead of the intended 5 seconds.

I’ve tested this extensively.

(edited by Qbert.4197)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Trait: Last Stand, Line: Defense
“Activates Balanced Stance when you are dazed, knocked down, launched, pushed back, or stunned.”

Does not work at all. Does not activate Balanced Stance ever.

This is definitely bugged, and even if the stability icon appears, it doesn’t seem to be providing the correct benefits. For example, I’ve seen the icon appear after a knockdown, but then I was immediately hit by a 2nd knockdown. The balanced stance should prevent the 2nd one from happening, but it didn’t work – I was knocked down both times. I’ve also seen cases where I was knocked down and the stability icon didn’t appear at all, even when the cooldown on balanced stance was long since expired, or it was the first activation on the map, etc.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Warrior

Posted by: one of them.7509

one of them.7509

Actually I find that you need to move while swinging sometimes in order to hit objects such as gates/trebs/etc. If you stand still, all you get are misses.

Ironically, this makes Hundred Blades completely useless for taking down objects when this bug occurs lol.

True, it may just be that you have to be moving. I think we can agree that it’s extremely annoying when you want to destroy something and you have to run in circles around it just to get a hit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I sometimes don’t have the appropriate forum tools to quote posts, but Qbert is correct. I just logged in to test because it struck a chord, and the base duration of the ability appears to be 3 seconds. Either it’s a tooltip error (I hope not) or the duration is bugged.

The only other one I can think to add is that Bull’s Charge seems to execute its full animation, even if you’re <600 range from the target. If I decide to Charge immediately next to someone, I look like I’m shoulder charging for about a second, even though I’m stationary. I might just be mis-counting, but I’ve noticed it especially in PvE. This could be a balance decision specific to the ability, but I figured I’d bring it up.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Torgaard.1864

Torgaard.1864

Sure Footed doesn’t seem to affect Shield Stance’s duration. I’m not 100% sure this is a bug since the ability’s description doesn’t start with “Stance.”, but if it’s not considered a stance I would really like to see this ability renamed to something like Shield Cover or Shield Block because this is hugely misleading. I didn’t verify if it works with other stance traits like Vigorous Focus.

Confirmed that Sure Footed does not seem to affect Shield Stance.

And I’d like to underline the confusion on whether this is a bug or by design, and make sure we’re all on the same page here; the Sure Footed trait reads:

“Increases stance duration by 25%.”

Since the #5 shield ability is named Shield Stance, the assumption is that it is in fact a “stance”. If this trait is not designed to affect Shield Stance, then (as Bearhugger suggested); consider changing the name of the skill to something else. Currently it’s very misleading.

Lastly; an appeal: please make Shield Stance one of the skills affected by Sure Footed. For a class that really has only two shut-down defense skills (the other is Endure Pain), Shield Stance is one of our “go to” skills when things get hairy (if you’re carrying the shield). Especially for those of us who enjoy playing a defensively built Warrior. And look at it this way: less potential bugs if you just add Shield Stance to the stance list, than changing the actual name of it. eh? eh? It’s a win-win!

in Warrior

Posted by: Naraldeth.3862

Naraldeth.3862

The most common one I can think of is the lame Charge abilities that either have your toon charging into walls or trees for 30 seconds while you take free damage. Either that or you reach the target, but it won’t register and you just keep charging until it does eventually run out, and hit nothing.

There is also a bug with the Greatsword throw, sometimes the weapon comes back and sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes it goes through 3 walls and still comes back to hit the target, other time it just dissapears into thin air.

No idea.

Edit: Also forgot to mention the annoyance of having to constantly strafe around graveling burrows to destroy them, making all skills except ‘1’ miss, despite HB being about to down them fast If i could just hit thekittenthing.

(edited by Naraldeth.3862)

in Warrior

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

Greatsword Burst skill `Arcing Slice` gives Fury when text description says it gives Might.

in Warrior

Posted by: TheMerc.4850

TheMerc.4850

A major pet peeve in SPvP is when you have For Great Justice! on auto attack and you load back to the starting pen from a death or into the next map and it uses it while you’re loading, so everyone but you has your shout >.<

in Warrior

Posted by: Kennego.2301

Kennego.2301

Hammer Toss, the second downed ability for the Warrior that stuns, has been missing a lot for me in sPvP. I checked buffs and such, even when an enemy didn’t have stability and there wasn’t something else obstructing my line of sight, this ability would still sometimes fly over their heads while they were stomping. However, playing some warrior tonight, it seemed to occur a lot less, so, awesome if you already fixed it.

in Warrior

Posted by: ulasyeah.6708

ulasyeah.6708

Hello,

I dont know if its a bug but i want to say this: Cant use ‘Throwing Axe’ skill like ‘Bladetrail’. When you look behind and try to throw your axe to foe which is also right behind you, skill doesnt works -not event skill animation- and it gets ~5 seconds of cooldown.

I am not sure but i believe this should work like ‘Bladetrial’. Warriors need to be able to throw axe to behind direction, or just there should’nt be a cooldown without even using a skill.

Bests.

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

probably reported but here are 2

> On Discipline traits tree the passive trait at 15 > FAST HANDS ( WEAPON SWAP REDUCED BY 5 SEC) doesn’t work the first time you swap wep in combat, its really annoying and gamebreaking.

> Vengeance can kill you from old zone to the new zone (In spvp)

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Last stand : Not sure about this really, but went to test it in the mists last night. Walked up to the dodge bot, got knocked down nothing atcivated and it would knock me down again as soon as i walked back up to it.

Endure pain and shield block sometimes don’t do anything to stop damage. Completely random when it happens.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Longbow root seems to miss much of the time (same issue as the inconsistant bullcharge / rush issues were seeing) .

Longbow damage is pretty poor overall, with the big hitters (#3 and f1) being insanely slow and easily avoided. Its terrible for sPvP vs anyone with the barest of competency.

The #4 blind should be instant cast, given that it only works vs a single incoming attack (actually just change retaliation and confusion to only work for a single attack too). Right now it takes too long to cast. Look at ranger longbow skill #3 by way of a comparison.

The tactics trait for 10% extra longbow damage on burning targets is pretty terrible given that the amount of time you can keep a target on fire is neglible – you changed how longbow worked in BWE but this trait is still based on the ‘old’ longbow.

Sometime longbow #2 just goes on cooldown without actually completing the firing animation – its also lackluster damage and provides 1 tick of burning only – inconsitant with tooltip.

in Warrior

Posted by: Peraion Graufalke.7386

Peraion Graufalke.7386

Whirlwind Attack sometimes has no effect at all on monsters in its path when it’s my first attack against the monsters. My asura warrior whirls right through them and nothing else happens on the screen; neither damage nor misses are shown. It also doesn’t seem to matter whether I selected a monster as a target before the attack or not.
In one odd case I had yesterday evening after a series of ineffective Whirlwind Attacks against various monsters, one attack actually did damage but no damage numbers were shown.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pirate.4631

Pirate.4631

Banner of Tactics skill Compassionate Banner has an incorrect tooltip.

At my Healing Power (746 with the banner buff active) states it should heal for 4,037. But it heals for 768 instead.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Rush seems to put me squarely behind the creature I’m targeting when it’s used at close to max distance resulting in a bit fat swing and a miss.

Rush also seems to keep me stuck in the “rush” animation for a few seconds when used at close distances.

in Warrior

Sandzibar.5134

I dont think ANY of our tooltips are even remotely accurate anymore. Which would account for a lot confusion as to what is a bug and what isnt.

in Warrior

Posted by: incisorr.9502

incisorr.9502

not sure if bug or intended but warrior warhorn skills have awfully long delay after using them(unless you switch wep) and often the animatio stucks and your char is holding the warhorn as hes blowing it all the time

in Warrior

Sandzibar.5134

Oh you seem to have misplaced a decimal point when it comes to brawn. It should be 30% increase to burst skills damage with full discipline lines, not 3%. You know.. like all the other classes have as their stat weighting for their mechanic stat. 3% is so paltry as to be a serious mistake or a bug.

in Warrior

Posted by: norian.1657

norian.1657

Sigil of Superior Acurracy +5% crit on Badge GS doesn’t give +5% crit

Bull Charge goes out of range of target after charge

in Warrior

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

The trait that supposedly gives 25% increase stance duration doesn’t do that at all.

in Warrior

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

and it would be nice if the signet effects told us how much they gave us in stats.. i would like to know what my health per second is to efficiently test out stat builds, it’s already pathetic enough i need to roll with 10000 healing and use healing gear to be able to survive in pvp somewhat, sacrificing large amounts of damage compared to lets say a mesmer that can range me down for 5k/2seconds+ghosts while im in full exotics and he’s lvl 17….

There really is no ’’skill’’ method of dealing with classes that have superior mobility and utility and also deal tons of range damage.

Additionally it seems like the warrior is the only class without some form of PULL or Ranged movement spread, other classes can pull you off ledges/make you fall from ledges/aoe you down from incredible line of sight while you’re just sitting there… waiting to die.

And the charge skill on the GS bugs numerous times where if sometimes the target is closer than max range you continue to charge in place with the loading bar and don’t melee until the loading bar finishes and you’re then stuck with the 0.5 animation of swinging in place while the other guy is already on a plane to Jamaica.

Sometimes the spell reflect on the block trait doesn’t work if you’re under 20% hp, it flat out just doesn’t reflect and you die if you don’t pop it at 40% or so

in Warrior

Posted by: Anon.1248

Anon.1248

Warrior trait “Fast Hands” is completely jacked up as pointed out.
Warrior trait “Blademaster” is not reflecting the 10% critical gain with sword in the hero tab.
Warrior trait “Crack Shot” is not reducing the cool down of volley.
Swiftness from “Signet of Rage” will overwrite instead of stack with swiftness gained from the warhorn’s “Charge” and other sources but will properly stack if used in reverse order (signet first).

in Warrior

Posted by: Jazper.5247

Jazper.5247

Does the trait Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power even work? It says a +9% crit chance and 12% damage increased respectively if you have full adrenaline. I’ve tested this on golems, but I see no damage increase nor crit chance increase.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I agree that 30 points in Discipline giving you 3% increase burst damage might as well not exist. However, imagine 30% increased damage on an already guaranteed Eviscerate crit. I think they dug themselves into a bit of a hole with some of the numbers that they should probably dig themselves out of, because it really is basically negligible. A 30% reduced cost of adrenaline or 30% reduced cooldown on Burst abilities might be a step in the right direction, though the numbers could always be tweaked a bit if necessary.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: hymn.7391

hymn.7391

i’ve been having problems with charges landing, even when im on top of the enemy model.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tracker Wolf.2587

Tracker Wolf.2587

Does the trait Heightened Focus and Berserker’s Power even work? It says a +9% crit chance and 12% damage increased respectively if you have full adrenaline. I’ve tested this on golems, but I see no damage increase nor crit chance increase.

I’ve tested Berserker’s Power on Golems and noticed the exact damage increase the tooltip describes. Did not test Heightneded Focus, though.

(edited by Tracker Wolf.2587)

in Warrior

Posted by: Casey Jones.6401

Casey Jones.6401

I scanned through and didn’t see a very basic issue I’ve been seeing recently on my Asura Warrior. During auto-attacks and Hundred Blades on the GS the mob continues to edge itself away from me bit by bit.

Some may feel this is a latency issue but it happens way too often with minimal movement by me or the mob.

The net effect is a good portion of my strikes miss due to the mob now being just out of range.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vixon.8032

Vixon.8032

If I cast arcing arrow or combustive shot and place the aoe on the ground target myself, and immediately hit v to dodge out of the way or double tap in any direction my skill will not fire off and it will use the skill, have to wait on the countdown again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

Bugs regarding greatswords:

When using Whirlwind Attack it sometimes seems to suffer from pathing issues and sending me to the side as if I hit a wall rather than go straight ahead, this seems to happen alot on terrain with elevation differences such as small bumps on a road etc.

When using the 5th skill (charge skill) it also seems to suffer from pathing issues and sometimes make a huge detour when charging towards enemies (i.e. charging to the right of a mob before taking a turn and going straight towards the enemy).

When using the 5th skill (charge skill) when attacking monsters with large hitboxes such as giants, veteran big mobs or generally big mobs your character will charge but run in place once hitting the edge of a mob’s hitbox. (hitbox being that red circle on the ground when targetting them).

All the above occurs both when enabling the option to prevent running through mobs and while disabling running through mobs (don’t remember the exact name in options).

When using a 1h sword:

Using the charge attack (second skill) on a moving target it will in most cases miss even though the animation shows you charging and physically hitting an enemy.

When using the trait Sweet Revenge (ability to survive Vengeance if you kill an enemy after getting on your feet) it often doesn’t work. It seems to be inconsistent especially versus spawned mobs and inside dungeons. I personally thought it might have something to do with not getting the killing blow?

When using banner skills and going into a down state just before planting them, the cooldown will still trigger for a full duration without actually planting the banner. All other skills that get interrupted in any way always seem to have a shorter cooldown before being able to try and use them again.

There are more bugs I have encountered but these are what I can remember accurately from the top of my head.

(edited by Lethalvriend.1723)

in Warrior

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

The greatsword ability Rush is kind of buggy. You often overshoot your target and attack empty air.
This happens when a mob runs toward you and you rush at the same time.
The ability also has poor fluidity; run up, pause, attack. It seems to have some animation issues, especially when using it if you’re pretty close to your target.

THIS!

Just started playing a warrior and I have tested it on a single target around 20 times. Every single time I use the two handed sword ‘Rush’ skill I rush to the opposite side of the target and swing at nothing. Looking at the combat log the attack never hits for any damage at all.. Shouldn’t I rush to the side of the target I am facing and hit it? Not past the target.

Please fix this!

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Rush.

I find I go past the target and hit nothing even if the target is stationary when I rush. I play in Australia so the latency must obviously be a factor but still, I have played WoW for a long time and my warriors rush always connects and does damage.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Sabaw.9712

Sabaw.9712

Crack shot isn’t fully working. Volley is still 10 seconds.

Not a bug but, make the rifle burst usable while moving or like reduce the cast time please. The root and the long cast time is just insane.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xantros.8210

Xantros.8210

I dont know if it still exist since i reported that week ago but if you are venganced and start using treb when you die and you respawn your character is stuck in treb skillset

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

There’s a new bug with Rush. If you use “Rush” on a large target, you end up running in place next to the target for the duration of the skill and never swinging.

in Warrior

Posted by: Damastes.5064

Damastes.5064

Underwater skills are bugged. They deal 1/3 of the damage they should deal.

I can’t test this right now,but can someone else? I really want to confirm this bug because I feel like i do COMPLETE GARBAGE DAMAGE underwater with both my spear and harpoon gun,both of which are of the current level I am.

1/3 damage underwater seems a bit of an exaggeration – but damage underwater does seem a lot lower than on land, maybe half the amount although a couple of skills seem to be ok. My biggest issue underwater is the number of times my warrior will not turn to face a mob and miss every hit, or the mob constantly evades every hit while regenerating HP like it was out of combat and yet still hits me continuously!