Warrior bug compilation. [Closed, used the sticky]

in Warrior

Posted by: Sami.1560

Sami.1560

Done – realised I missed off the banner tooltip one the first time round. Removed Rune of Soldier too.

in Warrior

Posted by: The Monk.3672

The Monk.3672

I don’t know if its just an issue I’m having but does anyone else have issues hitting people in WvW with dual axe.

I will paint a picture of the kind of issues I’m having. I run up to someone then start auto attacking but auto attack seems to stop as soon as the target moves even a short distance away, Even though they are still in range of the swing animation of the axe. It seems you have to be standing right on top of them for the attacks to hit.

Now this could just be lag issues in Wvw.

Just putting this out there but has anyone else experienced this?

Discussed in thread
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Dual-Axe-WvW-auto-attack-issue/first#post349833

UKCS – Desolation

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Can confirm it’s not just the Axe – Greatsword has the same issue (and I’m assuming other weapons). When the game calculates AA range it seems to use a fixed value rather than basing it on how far the individual weapon can actually hit stuff.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vardozo.8674

Vardozo.8674

My Shield Stance skill is bugged, i can’t use it in pve for like 2weeks now.. but it works in pvp! More warriors with this problem?

Please fix it..;)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

100 blades seems to miss more often after using skill 5 to rush right up to an enemy. If you are too close to an enemy, it loses effectiveness.

The trait that is supposed to auto fire Balanced Stance seems to do nothing.

I find that in Orr if you try and use GS skill 3 or GS skill 4 into a group of on rushing enemies in a Dynamic Event, you get a bunch of ‘invulnerable’ messages instead of damage messages. Makes it hard to earn your participation requirement when more than a couple of players are around.

It is not a bug, but a design decision that bothers me the most which is that although warriors are supposed be be highly skilled at many weapons and weapon swapping many of our traits are single weapon specific which means it it not optimal to switch weapons since it means you will have to take a significant damage reduction. It would make more sense if traits that increase damage should be applied to either all melee or all ranged weapons. The way it is now restricts you to making a trait decision and then have to stick with using just that weapon.

Whirlwind attack behaves illogically if you pop it when crippled or up against a wall. Even though it appears to look like you are hitting the close by mob many times, it often only registers as one hit. It appears to do more damage if you use in when your are not prevented from moving and you simply whirl through an enemy.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

(edited by Jalad Lantana.3027)

in Warrior

Sami.1560

The “Invulnerable” thing is because the mobs are just that, invulnerable. When doing the Pentient Waypoint event, the mobs are completely invincible right up until they get very close to the gate. Then they will take damage (they just die very quick as everyone uses GTAoEs). Try and hit them before and you’ll get “invulnerable” pop up each time.

in Warrior

Posted by: mokaiba.4169

mokaiba.4169

The “Invulnerable” thing is because the mobs are just that, invulnerable. When doing the Pentient Waypoint event, the mobs are completely invincible right up until they get very close to the gate. Then they will take damage (they just die very quick as everyone uses GTAoEs). Try and hit them before and you’ll get “invulnerable” pop up each time.

mobs also get invul if they have no chance of hitting you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zyxin.1235

Zyxin.1235

Greatsword F1 skill, “Arcing Slice”, when beyond one bar of adrenalin changes text. With no adren, it is correct stating. “Strike your foe with an uppercut and gain fury.” After one bar of adren, it changes to. “Strike your foe with an uppercut and gain might.” while still giving only fury. Simply a bugged text update depending on stages of adren.

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

The runes that are supposed to increase Bleed Duration by 15% for 2 runes used don’t work on my warrior. This includes Rune of the Afflicted, Centaur and Krait

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

in Warrior

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

Can we please get the cooldown on Volley fixed with Crack Shot trait? Over a month and no-one can quickly change one number for us…

seriously… why does this bug get ignored every patch?

in Warrior

Posted by: Tharium.7325

Tharium.7325

Still no fix for Fast Hands trait only sometimes working correctly. This has been an issue since launch and I’m getting very tired of it.

in Warrior

Posted by: Bis De Fioute.4092

Bis De Fioute.4092

I second the Vengeance issue. When killed (HP reaches 0) under Vengeance, I get killed a second time after respawn due to the effect of Vengeance.

(edited by Bis De Fioute.4092)

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Fix sword 4 please!! 1 stack of bleeding still??

Endure pain to 5 seconds please.

Last night I bullrushed—>hundred blades combo, and all I got were ‘missed’ messages on my screen. This happened several times, really frustrating. I honestly think the range to hit on greatsword needs to be larger. Other weapons as well to account for latency/lag on clients.

Gs 5 Still misses/goes past mobs/opponents.

Sword 2, GS 3/5 will still sometimes send me back into the fight despite being faced the other way with nothing selected.

No difference on my stats with traits which increase crit chance/damage related to adrenal level. No idea if this is working or not?

If you have runes which give you a stack of might on a kill and precision on a kill, only the might one will stack. Not both? Intended?

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Just FYI, new patch notes are up and no Warrior fixes. Please keep posting them here as hopefully they’ll be looked at soon.

in Warrior

Posted by: deherch.3158

deherch.3158

also.. in general.. its hard hitting stationary objects as melee. Have to keep moving or it will miss all attacks, sometimes you even have to stand on top of the bloody thing to be able to hit it. Makes hundred blades useless in those situations.
It doesn’t happen on all stationary objects, but things like burrows…

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

@phaeris: If GS3 sends you back into the fight, it’s entirely your fault. The ability only ever goes where you point, never towards a target. If you have the cursor behind you when you right-click to control the camera, it will send you back, because that’s where it knows the cursor to be.

Also, GS5 has never sent me back when I didn’t deserve it. It sounds like a settings error (if you have it set up to auto-target), or a player error.

Further, I think Fast Hands is still very consistent in its behavior. The first time you swap weapons while in combat, you get a 10 second weapon timer. After that, it works fine until you swap weapons out of combat, at which point you get a 5 second swap timer and it resets the cycle (next time you swap in combat, 10 seconds, etc.).

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Serazil.7835

Serazil.7835

Banner of Tactics weapon skill #2 either does not work or the tooltip is wrong. Compassionate Banner grants the regen boon but no heal.

Tested in the mists by taking damage from the fire then stepping out and using the skill while burn condition was still active.

in Warrior

Posted by: Graywolves.8023

Graywolves.8023

Rush: Often it will leave my character running in place on target for a while and sometimes not even do the follow up attack. Occasionally misses target completely and sends me into a wall. Gets me killed just as much when it works successfully either due to bug or lack of a cancel.

Throw Bolas: Out of range message on targets as close as melee range. Obstructed message without any obstructions. Not a reliable skill.

Whirlwind(subjective observation): Sometimes seems to lag a bit or not activate as quick as it normally does. Maybe I’m just experiencing time a lot slower in those clutch moments.

Not sure if this is warrior related but I also have been experiencing an issue with dodging in place. My character dodges and doesn’t go anywhere sometimes.

edit: Greatsword constantly misses destructible objects, usually have to strafe around and into them constantly to get hits.

in Warrior

Posted by: Annor.3128

Annor.3128

I swap my weapons a lot. I love to take advatantage of my bow whenever I need my Greatsword skill to recharge (or need a breathing room) but latelly my whole bar started to act weird while doing it. Maybe there’s a skill that ‘clears’ your whole skillbar for couple of seconds (can’t use any weapon related skill – the utilities are still usable) but I get that very often in pve as well since this week. Fast hands works … when it wants to – sometimes it does – mostly it doesn’t. Balanced state does nothing (makes having 20 points in Defense trait tree a waste of points) Sure-Footed (that’s supposed to increase your stance duration by 25%) does nothing as well.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

I’ve rounded up every bug posted in the stickied thread in the Warrior section. Other than the initial post there hasn’t been a single reply from a dev regarding any Warrior bugs, and not a single proper fix (the Rush fix didn’t work) since the game launched. As the Warrior bug thread doesn’t seem to be monitored that much and this section does, I’m reposting the list here.

GREATSWORD

Arcing Slice: Lists “Might” instead of “Fury” as the bonus when at 1 bar of adrenaline.
Arcing Slice: Description says you uppercut the foe with an uppercut. Animation is actually an overhead smash
Bladetrail: Numerous environment collision issues. Sometimes it gets stopped by a wall/cliff, other times it can pass through multiple objects without issue.
Rush: Still misses the opponent with the final swing, usually due to the Warrior overshooting or not turning around at the end.
Rush: Still sometimes causes you to run on the spot in front of your enemy as the game hasn’t realised you’re in range for the hit.
Whirlwind Attack: Ground reticule sometimes keeps showing even after the skill has activated.
Whirlwind Attack: Collision issues if performed into a wall.
Whirlwind Attack: Known to cause a target drop when used.

HAMMER

Earthshaker: Doesn’t apply damage or stun if the landing point is lower than your starting point, i.e. leaping off a ledge to hit enemies below you. Animation applies mid-air instead (and I’m guessing the damage and stun along with it).
Earthshaker: Using this skill when rooted (example given was Ranger’s root) results in you being unable to move at all until a charge/leap/jump skill is used (example given was this skill again or sword Leap).

HARPOON GUN

Spread Shot: Will sometimes miss even if both targets are stationary.
Spread Shot: Actual maximum range is shorter than tooltip range.

LONGBOW

Arcing Arrow: If you place the targeting reticule on yourself and dodge immediately after firing, the skill has no effect but still goes on cooldown.
Combustive Shot: If you place the targeting reticule on yourself and dodge immediately after firing, the skill has no effect but still goes on cooldown.
Dual Shot: Won’t auto-target on a foe that is 900-1200 units away, even if you have the trait to extend the weapon’s range.
Fan of Fire: Applies 1s burning rather than 2s.

RIFLE

Rifle Butt: Extremely short range/angle. Misses most times unless point blank.

SHIELD

Shield Stance: Duration of buff displayed is incorrect.

SPEAR

Tsunami Slash: Will often send you charging straight past your target. Happens at all ranges.

SWORD

Flurry: Switching to a different weapon while using this skill prevents you from attacking for a few seconds.
Impale: Doesn’t apply full stacks of bleeding.
Impale: Tooltip damage much higher than actual damage.
Riposte: Tooltip damage much higher than actual damage.
Savage Leap: Doesn’t apply damage if the opponent is lower than you when you start to leap, i.e. leaping off a ledge to hit somebody below you.

UTILITY

Banner (all): If you are downed when casting, the skill goes on full cooldown but doesn’t spawn the banner.
Banner (all): Tooltip says 45 seconds, actually lasts for 90.
Banner (all) – Sprint: Underwater, the skill charges a fraction of the distance and has a much shorter cooldown. Unsure if intended.

Banner of Tactics: Healing amount not matching tooltip. Example given: 746 healing power has a tooltip heal of 4037, but it heals for 768.

Endure Pain: Effect actually lasts for closer to 3 seconds rather than the 5 listed.
Endure Pain: Reports of the absorbed damage being applied in a large burst after Endure Pain has ended.

Frenzy: Stomping when this buff is up doesn’t kill the enemy player.
Frenzy: Causes charge abilities to end twice as quick. As the movement speed isn’t increased, you end up moving half the distance.

Signets (all): When signet comes off cooldown, you’re not able to use the skill again until the passive buff has been reapplied, which takes up to another couple of seconds (gets worse with lag).

Throw Bolas: Extremely small collision area on the projectile.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

ELITE

Battle Standard: Goes on full cooldown if the cast is interupted rather than 5 seconds.
Battle Standard: Tooltip says it grants Stability, Might and Fury. For the first pulse of the buff this is true, but subsequent pulses apply Swiftness instead of Stability.
Battle Standard: Inspire skill grants Swiftness to nearby allies, but the banner does this passively instead (might be related to the Stability/Swiftness issues above?).
Battle Standard: Only lasts 65 seconds, while other banners last 90.

Signet of Rage: Swiftness overwrites the Swiftness from the warhorn skill 4 instead of stacking by duration. Works fine if activated in the other order.
Signet of Rage: Passive effect not always applied, even when in combat.

TRAITS

Arms – Blademaster: Doesn’t update critical-hit chance in hero panel (unsure if it actually applies the buff behind the scenes).
Arms – Crack Shot: The tooltip cooldown for Volley (rifle) is decreased to 8 seconds, but when you use the skill the original 10 second cooldown is still applied.
Arms – Forceful Greatsword: Doesn’t apply Might if you critically hit with a spear.
Arms – Oppotunist: Doesn’t work with Geomancy sigils.

Defense – Last Stand: Activates Balanced Stance after the crowd control effect has ended, not before. This prevents it from being used as a stun-breaker (Balanced Stance has this ability) and prevents you from being crowd controlled in general. Unsure if this is a design decision or a bug.
Defense – Spiked Armour: Doesn’t apply retaliation when critically hit.
Defense – Sure Footed: Doesn’t apply to Shield Stance (could well be design decision, as Shield Stance isn’t a utility Stance skill).
Defense – Sure Footed: Doesn’t apply to Balanced Stance if triggered from the Last Stand trait.

Discipline – Brawn: Increases burst damage by 0.1% per point (to a max of 3%). Should this be 1% per point?
Discipline – Fast Hands: Doesn’t always apply the 5s cooldown reduction.
Discipline – Fast Hands: Sometimes applies kitten cooldown even when out of combat.
Discipline – Heightned Focus: Does not apply criticial-hit chance bonus.
Discipline – Sweet Revenge: The 100% chance to rally doesn’t always work.
Discipline – Sweet Revenge: If you die before the timer is up and respawn quickly at a waypoint, the buff will still be active. Shortly after spawning the 15 seconds are up and you are killed on the spot.
Discipline – Sweet Revenge: If a mob turns friendly when it loses all its health (quest mobs, skill challenge, etc), it doesn’t count as “killing it” for Sweet Revenge, causeing you to die even if you “kill” it.
Discipline – Vigorous Focus: Vigor duration varies from stance to stance (by design?).
Discipline – Vigorous Focus: Doesn’t apply to shield stance (by design?).

Strength – Distracting Strikes: Doesn’t apply when in Rampage form.
Strength – Great Fortitude: Don’t increase vitality when under the effect of power-increasing buffs (could be by design, but not specified in the tooltip).

Tactics – Empower Allies: Only applies when you are hit.
Tactics – Inspiring Banners: Doesn’t increase the area of the bonuses on banner skills, only the passive bonus.
Tactics – Quick Breathing: Doesn’t convert a condition into a boon (cooldown reduction applies properly).

MISC

Runes – 2 piece 15% bleed bonus: Not applying to Warrior bleeds. Tested with Afflicted, Centaur and Krait.

Quality of Life – Charge Skills: A great fix for rush/charge skills is to turn them in to a chain still. First ability activates the charge, second chain stops you and performs the final attack. Game will automatically activate the second chain if the charge completes in full (i.e. you don’t end it early).
Quality of Life – Movement: Still plenty of skills (including melee ones) that cancel if you move when casting. Examples given: Hammer Shock (hammer), Staggering Blow (hammer), Tremor (mace)

Sigil of Doom: Doesn’t work on any longbow skills except Pin Down.

Thief: The “Whirling Axe” skill has additional Stability and Evasion not present on the actual Warrior version (axe 5 skill).

Vengeance: If you are using a Trebuchet when you die from this skill, when you respawn your character still has the siege weapon skills on the bar.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

in Warrior

Sami.1560

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Thanks for taking the time and effort, Sami. It’s much appreciated.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Nice freaking work dude, you nailed it.

Let’s hope that next patch Warriors are at least mentioned.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

in Warrior

Grumpdogg.6910

Everyone needs to bump this daily. Let’s try and get Warriors a mention in the next patch!

in Warrior

Posted by: Niadon.9270

Niadon.9270

Earthshaker?

Miss…Miss again…Miss, Miss, Miss and again Miss!

The skills of the hammer are incredibly slow to charge, if we add the fact that earthshaker can miss all 8 players in the green area more than once, makes this weapon annoying to play, I hope in a bug.

Far ShiverPeaks
Endure Pain [PAIN]

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Excellent work. Thanks again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vauleen.6571

Vauleen.6571

Posted this in the generally bug forum but here it is again. Bug with vengeance on siege: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Warrior-Vengeance-Bug-1/first#post252207

in Warrior

Posted by: Kobra.6390

Kobra.6390

Mobs often walk straight through One Hundred Blades.

I think you should be able to back up out of the range or go around it but the ability to go through it does not mesh very well.

Rarely do I use a Great Sword, but when I do and am restricted to being a stationary object furiously slashing everything in an arc in front of me I don’t think anything should be able to pass through it.

Dodging through it would be different however.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

Kobra, that is not a bug. In addition, 100 blades does actually require some skill to use effectively, and isn’t about handing 100% of the hits. Mobs passing through 100 blades? Whirlwind behind to get more hits on them. AoE is all about tagging mobs, not killing them solo. And if you’re soloing, then they won’t run through 100 blades providing you wait a fraction longer to ensure the mob pathfinding didn’t bug out and put the mob behind you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Zeki.7829

Zeki.7829

in Warrior

Posted by: Warsoul.2647

Warsoul.2647

Discipline – Brawn: Increases burst damage by 0.1% per point (to a max of 3%). Should this be 1% per point?

It’s a nerf…

I thought Tactic – Vigorous Shouts does not work with Superior Rune of Vampirism 4/6 bonus.

in Warrior

Grumpdogg.6910

Very excellent.

in Warrior

Posted by: Baddestchica.2348

Baddestchica.2348

Please fix the vengeance bug.
It’s getting very expensive to play my warrior because getting into the downed state means certain death due to this bug. Certain death means repair costs. I would rather save the copper and silver for getting my guild emblem on my armor/weapons.
That begin said, getting into the downed state seems inevitable while playing a warrior.
If vengeance wasn’t bugged I could get up and finish the NPC’s off, but currently I’m killed off by own skill.
My warrior is Eboni Daines level 34.
I’m about ready for a dungeon at this level, but I do not want to enter one until this bug is fixed.

The gaming Madre

in Warrior

Baddestchica.2348

Thank you for taking the time.

The gaming Madre

in Warrior

Baddestchica.2348

To the Bug fixers:
Please fix the vengeance bug!
Thank you!
Eboni Daines my level 34 warrior will thank you!

The gaming Madre

in Warrior

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

Crackshot still not reducing rifle 3 by 20%, remains at 10s regardless of this trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: Sir Richter Belmont.3258

Sir Richter Belmont.3258

there are so many, if they fix half of them i will be happy, i am playing a tankish war, but dying alot because they are sooooo bugged.

and we have talked about those bugs A LONG TIME AGO, yet none of them have been mentioned or given a reason why they have not been mentioned for the past month+ patches we can hope for fixes in the next one

in Warrior

Grumpdogg.6910

I can confirm these bugs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

Sami thank you for keeping the torch lit on these issues and keeping them organized so well.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

We should probably petition this list to be stickied somewhere, or perhaps copied to the stickied position on the Warrior forums in place of the one owned by JonPeters.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ksielvin.1587

Ksielvin.1587

Thanks for compiling them, hope this gets pointed out to a programmer when warriors get some bug fix time…

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

What an unfortunate merge.

How do I ask forum mods to hand over thread ownership to someone who has the time to keep the OP up to date? I’ll create a thread about it, maybe it’ll be seen.

in Warrior

Grumpdogg.6910

Thanks Moderator for burying this issue in a dead end forum so it can be further ignored. Terrible, infuriating, inexplicable decision to merge the topics into this incoherent mess.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

For the love of god :/

When I get home from work tonight (really should stop foruming at 7:15am) I’ll start a brand new thread for Warrior bugs and petition the mods to sticky it in place of this one.

in Warrior

Grumpdogg.6910

THE BIG ISSUES:

“Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider”

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

THE BIG ISSUES:

“Fixed a bug with the Asuran character creation head size slider”

Actually, the big issues that needed immediate attention were:

*Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to getting stuck in loading screens primarily during PVP matches
*Fixed a recently introduced issue that could cause some players to not see other characters models

Your overreaction is appreciated though.

With any luck, we’ll be able to get Sami’s new post to usurp this one.

in Warrior

Sami.1560

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Comprehensive-list-of-Warrior-bugs-1/first

It’s up. I’ve flagged the thread to the moderators and asked them to make it the main sticky.

in Warrior

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Everyone,

This thread is being locked. You can check the current sticky on warrior bugs here.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Comprehensive-list-of-Warrior-bugs-1/first#post414461

Please, help us keep it clean and friendly by following the rules.

Thanks for your understanding