Warrior changes I foresee happening...

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Warriors will already be hit hard in PvE/WvWvW with the Sigil Nerf, I don’t see how nerfing them further will be balanced, the less stuns mean less damage, A LOT less damage and less CC, and because your attacking us for an extra second that is a lot more damage.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unsuspecting_Foe will be hit hard due to the below nerfs, this means Hammer Train warriors won’t be getting people as hard, and Tank warriors damage will be cut by about 25-35%.

Nerfs I foresee:

- Sigil of Paralization Globally Fixed to be 15%, stuns fixed so they can have values other then just adding a whole extra second…
((Sigil of Para now adds ¼, ½, ¾ instead of a whole extra second.))

- Skull Crack lowered to 2.5 second stun in pvp only.
((Skull Crack now becomes 3 seconds in pvp, 3½ in pve with sigil of para thanks to fixed values.))

- Earthshaker lowered to 1.5 second stun in pvp only.
((Earthshaker now becomes 1.75 in pvp, 2¼ in pve with sigil of para thanks to fixed values.))

- Healing Signet passive lowered by 25% in pvp only.
((It now heals for 294 (0.05) per second in pvp.))

- Berserker Stance lowered to 5 seconds in pvp only.
((However it can now be used in a shorter time.))

- Hundred Blades changed to a burst skill, Arcing Slice as the new 2.
((https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Greatsword-Revamp-Burst-HB/first#post2793052 I hope they follow this example.))

Buffs I foresee

- Stick and Move 10% like the other classes instead of 3%

- Mending’s heal amount increased by 25% in pvp and pve.
((Mending’s heal got lowered a bit too much, needs to be increased a bit back to what it was.))

- Stance Mastery now additionally lowers stance cooldowns by -20%.

- Staggering Blow completely redesigned.

- Backbreaker an AOE

- Hammer Smash is now a Combo Finisher: Blast.

- New Skills/Traits I cannot foresee.
((Gain health when you gain a strike of adrenaline grandmaster trait please!))

Stuff I’d like to see

- Thick Skin redesigned, 100 toughness when your over 90% health, seriously?

- Spiked Armor worthy of its Grandmaster position

- The Minor traits for Tactics redesigned… They are lulzy

- Versatile Power redesigned… 1 stack of might on a 25 trait?

- Cyclone Axe granting a small amount of evasion

- Dual Strike gains Might for 10 s instead of Fury for 3 s.

- Whirling Axe immune to retaliation, or evasion… Something?

Shield Redesigned to be a different weapon then the others and to improve its defensive capabilities

- Shield Bash has been redesigned and improved.
Block attacks and daze your foes with a shield bash. (15 second cooldown.)
Damage: 422
Daze: ¼ s
Duration: 1½ s
Range: 150

- Shield Stance improved massively
((Block and channel time raised to 4 seconds and its cooldown has been lowered to 20 seconds to match the engineer’s tool-kit.))

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

What i see is

50-80% longer cooldown on skull crack, + the duration decrease you posted.

Healing signet now works like signet of restoration, heals 400 hitpoints everytime you attack (striking an enemy) almost double the elementalists heal but can not occur more then once every second. To prevent 100b to full health.

Balanced.

The passive nerf you posted would work for me as well.

(edited by Senjun.8149)

in Warrior

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Lols.

All the nerfs are PvP only and all the buffs are global so that means warrior is getting buffed in PvE and WvW. I think NOT. The nerfs need to be global, the buffs should be PvP only.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

What i see is

50-80% longer cooldown on skull crack, + the duration decrease you posted.

Healing signet now works like signet of restoration, heals 400 hitpoints everytime you attack almost double the elementalists heal but can not occur more then once every second. To prevent 100b to full health.

Balanced.

I don’t see that at all, Warriors don’t have many instant skills like Elementalist has, and an internal cool-down would make confusion that much more powerful against the warrior. It also is too much like what other classes have, and would cause many problems.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lols.

All the nerfs are PvP only and all the buffs are global so that means warrior is getting buffed in PvE and WvW. I think NOT. The nerfs need to be global, the buffs should be PvP only.

Unfortunately most gripes for healing are in SPVP only, and the Sigil of Paralization nerfs are global. Sigil of Paralization nerf will hit Hammer Train Warriors very hard in WvWvW lowering there stun by .75 seconds.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Lols.

Unfortunately most gripes are in SPVP, and the nerfs are global. Sigil of Paralization nerf will hit Hammer Train Warriors very hard in WvWvW.

All the other nerfs need to be global as well.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lols.

Unfortunately most gripes are in SPVP, and the nerfs are global. Sigil of Paralization nerf will hit Hammer Train Warriors very hard in WvWvW.

Guardian’s Healing nerfs are not global. I only base my balance changes on what the developers have done in the past + what the forums are wanting.

See:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Selfless_Daring as example.

You cannot change too much of a game at once, otherwise you have a chance to ruin it. That is why the developers want slow changes.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Lols.

Guardian’s Healing nerfs are not global. I only base my balance changes on what the developers have done in the past + what the forums are wanting.

See:

The forum wants the warrior toned down in PvE and WvW.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Oh and how could i forget, your gap closers need to be nerfed to (if used for running purposes)

Double cooldown on all of them if they fail to land a hit. It’s only fair. Why should warrior be able to run away from any given fight at any given time and be 100% unstoppable? At least i can still smash a thief to pieces while hes stealthed (even though its annoying as hell sometimes)

in Warrior

Senjun.8149

Lols.

See:

You cannot change too much of a game at once, otherwise you have a chance to ruin it. That is why the developers want slow changes.

Warriors will already be hit hard in PvE/WvWvW with the Sigil nerf, I don’t see how nerfing them further will be balanced, the less stuns mean less damage, A LOT less damage and less CC, and because your attacking us for an extra second that is a lot more damage.

Believe me, majority of forums want to see more action than what you posted.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lols.

See:

If you Played a Warrior, you would realize how big the Sigil of Paralization nerf will actually hit us.

I put further information at the top as a reminder.

I know you want to see Warrior as a worthless class, however I know the developers a bit better then that and I know what degree they want and wish to change things.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Lols.

See:

If you Played a Warrior, you would realize how big the Sigil of Paralization nerf will actually hit us.

I play a warrior in sPvP but I don’t use a build focused around unsuspecting foe and paralization sigil. It’s cheap enough without that trait and sigil already…

I didn’t want to use the “mother” of cheesy builds.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lols.

See:

I play a warrior in sPvP but I don’t use a build focused around unsuspecting foe and paralization sigil. It’s cheap enough without that trait and sigil already…

Then your doing it wrong

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Daecollo and Excalibur in the same thread, oh noes.
The king of terrible suggestions and the queen of “I’m too bad to counter this simple thing, nerf it plox”.

throws bags of Asuran Popcorns to everyone

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

Lols.

See:

Then your doing it wrong

I do fine even though I’m “doing it wrong” according to you and barely trying. What does that tell you about the state of the class?

All is vain.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Lols.

See:

Then your doing it wrong

I do fine even though I’m “doing it wrong” according to you and barely trying. What does that tell you about the state of the class?

That anyone uneducated can pick up a class, play it wrongly and be beaten by someone better?

in Warrior

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

your crystal ball got spam blinded by a thief

in Warrior

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

EVERYTHING YOU SAID

i hope the devs take literally none of your advice, idk why you keep making horrible suggestions, lets them do their job and all will be well. hundred blades as a burst, you really must have no good ideas

Attachments:

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

EVERYTHING YOU SAID

i hope the devs take literally none of your advice, idk why you keep making horrible suggestions, lets them do their job and all will be well. hundred blades as a burst, you really must have no good ideas

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/members/sanictoofast-9317/showposts

I am losing brain cells looking at these, can you please learn to type a bit better?

Also your pictures make no sense at all and is kind of disturbing.

At least my ideas and posts hold rational thought, not a bunch of rambling and whining.

in Warrior

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

your crystal ball got spam blinded by a thief

Nice one

Phaatonn, London UK

in Warrior

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I would LOVE to see adrenaline gain give health. Hello, offhand axe!

in Warrior

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

lol……………………….. where you buy your crystal ball? walmart?

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Dragon Ball !!!

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

There is a cap of how much adrenaline ya can gain though.

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

There is a cap of how much adrenaline ya can gain though.

It encourages you to burst more.

in Warrior

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I’ll leave this class. Its ridiculous how too much people cryes about so weak proffession :/
I’ll make Thief my main, this way i will safe from head ache :/

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

I’ll leave this class. Its ridiculous how too much people cryes about so weak proffession :/

I went back to my thief for a week before swapping back to my warrior. They’re great against single-targets but when it comes to hitting everything, they’ve got one elite which they have to equip Signet of Malice for to survive.

in Warrior

Excalibur.9748

warriors are so much easier to play than thief for PvP atm and everyone knows warrior is better for WvW and PvE.

All is vain.

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

The king of terrible suggestions and the queen of “I’m too bad to counter this simple thing, nerf it plox”.

Thanks, looks like a interesting thread. And don’t think there will be many nerfs to the warrior to be honest. A few adjustments maybe, but warrior really ain’t as bad as people claim he is. I have no idea how they are in PvP, but I duel a lot in WvW. And roam tons aswel.

Thing with warrior now is that it absolutely destroys nubs, which is normal. I have seen 4 classes which cause problems for a warrior if played well. Mesmer, engineer, necro and thief. Unfortunately, there are tons of bad players out there.

Calling warriors OP is rediculous tho, it is normal for a solo roaming build, focussed on 1vs1 or 1vs2 to win fights against zerg builds or other junk running around in WvW. I fought tons of people who didn’t even dodge once, I tried to lure out their dodges till I realized they never did… No wonder people claim warrior to be too strong.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxheart.2845

Poxheart.2845

Pretty much this. I’m not even sure why I opened this thread.

Poxheart
Knights of the WhiteWolf

in Warrior

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Thanks, looks like a interesting thread. And don’t think there will be many nerfs to the warrior to be honest. A few adjustments maybe, but warrior really ain’t as bad as people claim he is. I have no idea how they are in PvP, but I duel a lot in WvW. And roam tons aswel.

Thing with warrior now is that it absolutely destroys nubs, which is normal. I have seen 4 classes which cause problems for a warrior if played well. Mesmer, engineer, necro and thief. Unfortunately, there are tons of bad players out there.

Calling warriors OP is rediculous tho, it is normal for a solo roaming build, focussed on 1vs1 or 1vs2 to win fights against zerg builds or other junk running around in WvW. I fought tons of people who didn’t even dodge once, I tried to lure out their dodges till I realized they never did… No wonder people claim warrior to be too strong.

This would be the trap that D/D thief fell into. No amount of walking people through how to take on a thief (what skills to eat, when to block/dodge, immobilize, etc…) ameliorated the complaining, so a D/D burst build has basically been removed from competitive play. S/D is next on the chopping block if you watch the last SotG. After that (or perhaps at the same time) the warrior will likely be next in line for “balancing.”

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaosbroker.3860

Chaosbroker.3860

everyone knows warrior is better for WvW and PvE.

everyone knows

everyone

The instant someone claims to be speaking for “everyone”, I just stop reading anything they post.

You speak for yourself and only yourself, every post you make has you sticking your fingers in your ears and going “lalala” over the top of people trying to educate you. Are these people not part of your fictional “everyone”?

Callo Merlose – Revenant
Envy – Fort Aspenwood
“Believe in yourself … because the rest of us think you’re an idiot”

in Warrior

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

yes nerf our dmg more please already need total nubs to really be effective in wvw or pvp no one stands still long enough other than them cc hammers are too easy really QQ about them makes no sense stability and destroy them in 8 seconds easy they are mostly going bursty for dmg or trying to tank dmg you by lasting longer which in case use condition dmg dot will exceed the healing easy to kite as we have easy to read animations + crap for ranged ability all u really need to do is block like 3 skills and our chain is screwed a lot of the warriors just using stability on mine they run after they don’t kd knockback and stun me because the build relies on that to dmg and kill you

in Warrior

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

Thanks for the Popcorns, this is the only reason i will reply this thread, you’ve spoken my mind.

in Warrior

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

What I would like to see

adrenaline broken into six bars rather than 3.
F2,3 and 4 moves based on adrenaline.
F3 and 4 are physical skills (kick, bulls charge maybe) that use one bar of adrenaline.
F2 is a secondary weapon skills for shields, war horn etc. and a defensive skill for two handlers.
Banners removed and integrated into shouts possibly.
Elite shout. Just like GW1!
Rampage reworked.

The new F skills are priority. It opens up so huge possibility to make warriors a really diverse class in terms of builds and the like.

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in Warrior

Posted by: Aegael.6938

Aegael.6938

What I want to see is a radius buff for Reckless Dodge. Right now you basically have to land literally on top of your opponent to deal any damage. It doesn’t deal enough damage to justify the tiny AoE. Increase the size or the damage pls.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Can you GET SPVP WHINY NONSENSE OFF MY WVW? Pretty please? I don’t care about skullcrack nerf, it will be just switch for warrior common sPvP builds, but WvW balance – hands off from it. Don’t fix that is not broken.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

“wubwub balance”, nice one.

Actually Daecollo’s nerf predictions will probably be pretty accurate. I don’t think they’ll redo GS or touch zerk stance, but para sigil thingie will happen probably, hammer 4 can be cast while moving and maybe some pvp only CC dura tweaks.

Doesn’t matter, if they overnerf it, I have no problem playing my thief again. If warrior nerfs come with condinerfs then the QQ will go back to ele/mesm/thief killing everyone and warr will go back to obscurity.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

“wubwub balance”, nice one.

Actually Daecollo’s nerf predictions will probably be pretty accurate. I don’t think they’ll redo GS or touch zerk stance, but para sigil thingie will happen probably, hammer 4 can be cast while moving and maybe some pvp only CC dura tweaks.

Doesn’t matter, if they overnerf it, I have no problem playing my thief again. If warrior nerfs come with condinerfs then the QQ will go back to ele/mesm/thief killing everyone and warr will go back to obscurity.

I base them on what I know of the developers and there careful balancing, IMO.

in Warrior

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Forum changes I foresee happening…

Forum Balance:
- Daecollo has a max amount of posts per month, the amount is capped at 1.
- Excalibur has been completly revamped, it now can’t post at all. On sPvP, Excalibur has his amount of posts doubled to compensate this.
- Warrior forum has been modified so it nows automatically sends QQ threads back to their original poster’s class forum.

anet, please

in Warrior

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

The devs have stated time and time again they don’t want to nerf a ability for SPvP and only SPvP b/c then they have to balance around 2 skills rather than one. And b4 long they said it will be as if they are balancing 2 games at once..

They already have trouble balancing one game.. so saying things for only SPvP is absurd. They want to keep that to a min as possible. I just hope CC is toned down some. Then SPvP will be bearable again.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

We need more builds.

We need better, harder to play builds. We need some kind of ladder for power and complexity.

The problem is that many complex mechanics are to weak compared to the effort you have to take. That means anyone will make more mistakes than what he earns. Thus making easier builds more effective.

I don’t know how, but axe should be stronger in pvp. It is a very limited weapon: low cc and low mobility. We need to retain the weaknesses, but making the weapon worth them.

Maybe that’s the problem with warriors: instead of reducing their weaknesses, they should have med the strengths work overcoming the former, even whil trying to maintain a not too high level of frustration.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: junho.7825

junho.7825

Moving HB to a burst skill is completely the worst idea that I’ve ever seen

(edited by junho.7825)

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

It would increase the recharge time on it and scale with Berserker’s Power. I don’t see the issue.

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

It would increase the recharge time on it and scale with Berserker’s Power. I don’t see the issue.

Issue in DPS. This change will make GS useless for PvE.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Warrior

Viking Jorun.5413

Issue in DPS. This change will make GS useless for PvE.

Hmm… Nerf the OP warrior spec in PvE… Yep, not seeing the issue here. Greatsword has always been overpowered in PvE and has never been a viable choice in the competitive scene. Bursting HB would also solve the issue of blinds during Cleansing Ire.

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

Warriors will already be hit hard in PvE/WvWvW with the Sigil Nerf, I don’t see how nerfing them further will be balanced, the less stuns mean less damage, A LOT less damage and less CC, and because your attacking us for an extra second that is a lot more damage.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unsuspecting_Foe will be hit hard due to the below nerfs, this means Hammer Train warriors won’t be getting people as hard, and Tank warriors damage will be cut by about 25-35%.

Nerfs I foresee:

- Sigil of Paralization Globally Fixed to be 15%, stuns fixed so they can have values other then just adding a whole extra second…
((Sigil of Para now adds ¼, ½, ¾ instead of a whole extra second.))

- Skull Crack lowered to 2.5 second stun in pvp only.
((Skull Crack now becomes 3 seconds in pvp, 3½ in pve with sigil of para thanks to fixed values.))

- Earthshaker lowered to 1.5 second stun in pvp only.
((Earthshaker now becomes 1.75 in pvp, 2¼ in pve with sigil of para thanks to fixed values.))

- Healing Signet passive lowered by 25% in pvp only.
((It now heals for 294 (0.05) per second in pvp.))

- Berserker Stance lowered to 5 seconds in pvp only.
((However it can now be used in a shorter time.))

- Hundred Blades changed to a burst skill, Arcing Slice as the new 2.
((https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Greatsword-Revamp-Burst-HB/first#post2793052 I hope they follow this example.))

Buffs I foresee

- Stick and Move 10% like the other classes instead of 3%

- Mending’s heal amount increased by 25% in pvp and pve.
((Mending’s heal got lowered a bit too much, needs to be increased a bit back to what it was.))

- Stance Mastery now additionally lowers stance cooldowns by -20%.

- Staggering Blow completely redesigned.

- Backbreaker an AOE

- Hammer Smash is now a Combo Finisher: Blast.

- New Skills/Traits I cannot foresee.
((Gain health when you gain a strike of adrenaline grandmaster trait please!))

Stuff I’d like to see

- Thick Skin redesigned, 100 toughness when your over 90% health, seriously?

- Spiked Armor worthy of its Grandmaster position

- The Minor traits for Tactics redesigned… They are lulzy

- Versatile Power redesigned… 1 stack of might on a 25 trait?

- Cyclone Axe granting a small amount of evasion

- Dual Strike gains Might for 10 s instead of Fury for 3 s.

- Whirling Axe immune to retaliation, or evasion… Something?

Shield Redesigned to be a different weapon then the others and to improve its defensive capabilities

- Shield Bash has been redesigned and improved.
Block attacks and daze your foes with a shield bash. (15 second cooldown.)
Damage: 422
Daze: ¼ s
Duration: 1½ s
Range: 150

- Shield Stance improved massively
((Block and channel time raised to 4 seconds and its cooldown has been lowered to 20 seconds to match the engineer’s tool-kit.))

I can actually forsee a lot of this happening although I don’t know if signet of healing will be nerfed even in pvp a lot of people are over reacting to a signet that heals you 400 a second but heal spikes for 3k to put it another way you can with great ease out dps healing signet but god help help you if you like to extend the fight (bunker build or defensive condi)

healing signet 3.3k heal 1.5 sec activation time by the time you heal your likely been hit 3x which goes your heal spike. i.e. totally worthless other then the passive heal.

(note using my personal heal signet which is around 402 a second not the number which you specified which is to be blunt underpowered)

healing signet can be punishing for a condion as it functions much like the reverse but if you rely on it for a battle against dps you’ll lose… a lot.

the skill is balanced and they would probably buff it and nerf it.
(lower activation time increase heal amount minus passive heal rate)
my money would be we won’t see a signet of heal nerf for a while.

(edited by wildfang.9670)

in Warrior

Rednik.3809

Hmm… Nerf the OP warrior spec in PvE… Yep, not seeing the issue here. Greatsword has always been overpowered in PvE and has never been a viable choice in the competitive scene. Bursting HB would also solve the issue of blinds during Cleansing Ire.

> killing weapon for most common game mode completely
> “not seeing the issue here”

Try to think again.

25 charracters

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

> killing weapon for most common game mode completely
> “not seeing the issue here”

Try to think again.

The easier game mode and brainless weapon skill hb..

Try axe+mace
I don’t see a issue. Try to think again

I vote for hb rework to put it on 10cd, 3/4 casttime and nerf the damage to 80 (mariners frenzy skill, sounds familiar?) while being able to move. Arcing slide should become hit a lil more than it is now (something between skull crack and evi with 1sec kd)

(edited by Scoobaniec.9561)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I predicted several changes already :P