Warrior insane damage

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Jjiinx.8795

Jjiinx.8795

So I just fought a warrior multiple times and I couldn’t even come close to killing him, he’d charge me, I couldn’t move, then he’d swing his weapon rapidly and my health dropped to 0 in roughly a second. WTF just happened? I remember thief having a similar thing, but it got nerfed to the ground quickly…

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: tooslow.7801

tooslow.7801

Not sure if you’re serious but it sounds like Bull’s Charge followed by Greatsword’s Hundred Blades, possibly with Frenzy popped on it – after which the Warrior would be pretty vulnerable if they used Frenzy.

I’m no PvP expert, but if you’re squishy you probably should have some condition removal to break the root and then the HB is relatively easy to avoid.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Jjiinx.8795

I’m not exactly squishy, specced towards healing and toughness, still I dropped faster than I could react.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

learn from your mistakes, equip cond remover….etc etc

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Jjiinx.8795

aleiro, I’ll try that, it just really caught me off guard when such a heavily armored player dealt such extreme burst

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

aleiro.8521

It’s just weird you had not run into it, HB warriors are so common. That skill that makes you swing and swing roots the warrior in place, so if you break stun and evade, you rarely take full damage. The other option is that you were rooted, in which case condition removals will help. Warriors in that build rarely have stability so you can interrupt after breaking the stun, or if you are rooted.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Jjiinx.8795

It’s just weird you had not run into it, HB warriors are so common. That skill that makes you swing and swing roots the warrior in place, so if you break stun and evade, you rarely take full damage. The other option is that you were rooted, in which case condition removals will help. Warriors in that build rarely have stability so you can interrupt after breaking the stun, or if you are rooted.

I only have one stunbreaker and it was on cooldown whenever the warrior showed up, unlucky sure, but it’s pretty upsetting that if my stunbreaker in on CD there’s nothing I can do…

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I’m finding that the charge+Hb rarely works on anyone nowadays. It seems everyone is geared for that particular combo.

They either have some automatic escape, stability up or stun break+immunity or instant stealth or something or other.

I rarely expect to kill anyone with it nowadays. It’s more of a finisher when they’ve been whittled down to 1/3 life or less.

To take a person from full to zero in one go involves two conditions. 1) The warrior has to be glass cannon, so running 18k-20k hps, no defense + signet of rage/fury must be up and 2) The person who you’re attacking has also gone glass cannon spec + their stun break is down.

So it’s a who attacks who first scenario.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

I only have one stunbreaker and it was on cooldown whenever the warrior showed up, unlucky sure, but it’s pretty upsetting that if my stunbreaker in on CD there’s nothing I can do…

Make a Warrior, go to the Mists, equip Bull’s Charge. Use it and remember how the animation looks like. The next time you fight against a Warrior dodge when you see that animation, without that knockdown such Warriors are a lot less frightening.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I don’t remember which skill it was, but my elementalist got hit for 14k damage in one hit by a warrior too, and I had actually toughness gear stacked to avoid getting 2-shotted.. didn’t work out :-p

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

aleiro.8521

I don’t remember which skill it was, but my elementalist got hit for 14k damage in one hit by a warrior too, and I had actually toughness gear stacked to avoid getting 2-shotted.. didn’t work out :-p

Its not one hit it’s 8 hits…

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: castillle.5248

castillle.5248

I think the 1 hit one was eviscerate or somefing

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

aleiro.8521

if u got hit for 14k in spvp yesterday with eviscerate I would like a screenie please, they nerfed eviscerate after bwe and thats not possible any more

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

I must be psychic, because I can predict the topic of these threads, every single time. It’s amazing!

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Eviscerates hit for max 5-6k now at best. Sometimes it hits for 2k on guardians.

If we’re throwing stones here, I got hit for an 11k backstab+5k C+d+5k steal in the space of a few seconds yesterday.

So there we go.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Lol you are either trolling or you were really low on health, cause honestly even in full power crit spec, HB won’t one shot anyone. Even with quickness a follow up with whirl will only move the warrior away so he would need to use some moves to finish you up which apparently he didn’t.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

I’ve killed glass players in sPvP with BR+HB+WW. Pretty sure I clipped the HB for WW, too.

That aside … lol@ this thread.

Also:

Eviscerates hit for max 5-6k now at best. Sometimes it hits for 2k on guardians.

Probably referring to WvW. Pretty sure you can clear 15k on an Evisc in WvW without a problem. PvE Berserker gear / orbs / food buffs too stronk.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Kyma Grey.9410

Kyma Grey.9410

I´v tried it and i wanted to like it, but Bull Charge just simply fails to impress me.

It does knock´down your target, but it also leaves you 5m from your opponent, making the build pretty much “pointless”, since the skills have a whooping up to 60/80 seconds of cooldown.

The only reason to be using this build, is just because of the legendaries. They look “kwel”, and i guess is the main-incentive for many out there to keep using a 100B Build.

To over come the BC-Bug (where you rush through an opponent, knock´ddown…), one has to stun first the target, this way BC will not fail and you can use the 100B Skill quite often (frenzy every 60s)..

Sword #2 -> (if you are fast, add fear me here, prior to) Sword #3 -> Mace #5 or Shield #4 -> Bull Charge followed by Frenzy and EP (once every 60/80 seconds), target should be out of combat thanks to cripple, stun (+confusion), bleeds ( and fear + knock down for ca. 6econds (many will try to remove a condition or some, making them even more vulnerable, not paying attention)..

{sfme}

Darkroom JP Annoyance http://is.gd/erW1Ov
AMD 13.×.beta4 Test http://is.gd/mRomyO

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

aleiro, I’ll try that, it just really caught me off guard when such a heavily armored player dealt such extreme burst

Sigh… Another common misconception. In this game there is hardly any difference between armor types.

Full set of lvl 80 exotic light gear: 920 defense
Full set of lvl 80 exotic medium gear: 1064 defense
Full set of lvl 80 exotic heavy gear: 1211 defense

Majority of your armor, and hence your mitigation, comes from your toughness rating, which has nothing to do with you class and everything to do with your choice of traits and stats.

If anything, the heavy armor classes are not tanky enough in this game.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

Helps to know what class you play. Every class has a way to counter HBs.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

This has to be a troll thread. Praying it gets closed quickly.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

It won’t be closed if we get logical and topic-related responses.

Thieves get threads closed all the time. Just cry “L2P noob” or “no nerfs plz” multiple times in a row and then a mod will step in and lock it lol.

I see one problem with this thread: Jjiinx plays a thief. The easiest warrior counter in the game.

Go cry somewhere else about how many nerfs your class is getting please.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Not had a 100B complaint thread for a while :o

Was discussing with guildies yesterday, the only 2 thread topics you see people complain about warriors are Killshot, and 100B.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Jjiinx.8795

Here I came to this forum for some helpful insight, and while a few people were hospitable, almost everyone else practically responded with “troll” or “hurr durr thief”.

I’m sorry I’m not the best as spvp, and I’m sorry I play thief, but I was really hoping there’d be more people here willing to help out a fellow player. Sure we play different classes, but I don’t see that as a reason to be enemies… I never said that the warrior is overpowered, I just stated what happened to me and my thoughts on that. Thanks to the people who were mature with your responses and actually tried helping me, I’ll keep an eye out for that animation and try and avoid it next time.

And to everyone else, please understand that just because I’m having an issue fighting a certain build of your class doesn’t mean I’m ‘trolling’. Some people are just here for help.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Jjiinx, according to Anet, all characters should be capable of burst damage, whether or not they wear heavy armor. Part of the problem here is that you have a preconceived notion of what a character wearing heavy armor should be able to do. While that would hold true for other MMOs, it does not hold true for GW2. A warrior can be a glass cannon.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Mechanically, “armor” is just a skin with a very minor % increase in actual mitigation against direct power-based attacks only. It is so similar that if Warriors could equip light (and especially medium) armor types, they would barely see the difference.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Later, I’ll probably do the math to see how the differences between armor translate based on a damage equation I saw earlier. I’m curious now.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Glass-cannon heavy takes 14% less damage than glass-cannon light.
Give both +500 toughness: 11% less damage.
Give both +1000 toughness: 9% less damage.

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

, then he’d swing his weapon rapidly and my health dropped to 0 in roughly a second. WTF just happened?

lolol

nerf frenzy anet

Warrior insane damage

in Warrior

Posted by: Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

Imperator totius Sylvari.9164

This screenie was taken yesterday, tbh I was surprised when I saw the ele had a big splat of over 10k from eviscerate

Attachments:

Founder of [CBA]/Former vE
No.2 Warrior NA/Irl behind Mr Kitten.7359