in Warrior

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Warrior op lol nice joke , get good

Warrior is too strong in PvP

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I play an oldschool vanilla Static Discharge Engineer and most Warriors aren’t too difficult to fight, although I cannot fight them on point.

The good ones are an issue, absolutely, but most of them are predictable Headbutt → Hundred Blades / Eviscerate / Skullgrinder → Whirlwind Attack, etc.

I’m easily able to predict, block and deny them their Adrenal Health, kite out of range for their follow ups and burst through their entire health bar down to Defy Pain proc. The hard part is lasting through 2 Endure Pains because they’ll usually pop Endure Pain when Defy Pain runs out to buy themselves time. These fights are usually very close, either they barely win or I barely win.

The point I’m trying to make is that with 1 block, 1 invulnerability, 1 stealth, no defensive traits, no condition cleanse and poor mobility, I’m still able to beat most of them with proper attention to skill Q’s and predicting follow ups.

Truth be told, I think the only reason I ever manage to beat them is because I can deal such massive damage in such a short frame of time. But a lot of professions can say the same with better defensive options and more optimal counters.

Warriors are definitely strong and I wouldn’t argue against a shave here or there. I don’t think any heavy nerfs are necessary however as it’s all about paying attention and not face tanking damage where you can avoid doing so. They hit hard but they’re easy to read, make use of your advantages and bait their immunities. They’re little more than a violently clawing kitten once their defenses are spent.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I think they should remove the autoproc defy pain at 50%. Anything more could be overkill, but it certainly is way too tanky with zerk.

I play Warrior without Defy Pain in WvW and the difference is massive. Having two safety nets, Defy Pain and Endure Pain, makes a world of difference in outnumbered situations or when you get caught off guard.

Maybe reducing Defy Pain’s proc to 25% health instead of 50% would be better so at least if they’re stacked with a couple conditions it can work through that defense. But overall I agree that Defy Pain is a bit overkill. I challenge Warriors to play without it and to see how much more often they find themselves eating dirt.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i play without defy and endure pain (WvW). I would only need them in outnumbered fights (that are shure losses) that i avoid …. No need to hold 8-10 sec longer and then loose annyway. Better avoid or run immidiately. I did build on movement for roaming annyway. But yes defy pain is not realy good. Maybe make it to trigger 10s protection instead.

in Warrior

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

I’d seriously just nerf AD radius to 300, remove the blind on Skull Grinder and increase Defy Pain cd to 90 to be on par with the other professions safety nets.

Optimise [OP]

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’d seriously just nerf AD radius to 300, remove the blind on Skull Grinder and increase Defy Pain cd to 90 to be on par with the other professions safety nets.

only issues are arc divider radius and defy pain tbh. would leave the blind because grinder is so bloody easy to dodge, but eh. would be fine without i guess.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

defy pain back to 25% trigger not 50% …
Well while i like the 450 rad on AD i know it´s large .

in Warrior

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

The warrior’s not.. in the worst spot.. but he’s miles from being overpowered.
We’re rpactically helpess against stealth and enemies with perma-stability or perma-blocks…

…………. really? Because its not like warrior has a signet to make all of his attacks unblockable or anything.

FOR 6 BLOODY SECONDS. your 2 dodges can fill that entire time. “all of his attacks” PUH LEASE.

Are you forreal? 2 dodges is only 1.5 seconds out of 6. Second, most classes don’t have the ability to make all of their attacks unblockable for any length of time, yet they manage just fine. So if you are having trouble when you can make all of your attacks unblockable then I don’t know how to help you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

only issues are arc divider radius and defy pain tbh. would leave the blind because grinder is so bloody easy to dodge, but eh. would be fine without i guess.

Grinder should not be applying 4 condis natively.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Warrior

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

The inital post was a bit hyperbolic but really Warriors need to be nerfed its a joke they weren’t last balance patch. They have way too much sustain to go along with tons of crowd control and good damage. I refuse to play my condi Necro again in spvp until something is done. I’m not going to spend all my time in spvp running from a class I can barely effect with my main damage source and who can chain cc me and kill me easily over and over again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kaburro.4712

Kaburro.4712

I’ll just leave this here…

Attachments:

in Warrior

Posted by: Rukia.9860

Rukia.9860

Fail to dodge Headbut, Decapitate, AND wild blow lol

protip don’t depend on blocks when war uses SoM

in Warrior

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Things you have to dodge when playing against warrior:

Shield Bash
Headbutt
Every F1
All of their attacks in signet of might.

Then prepare to dodge everything in that order again.

Warriors is so ggez to counter when you have 10 dodge bars.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Warrior

Posted by: Milan.9035

Milan.9035

the class runs berserks amulet in pvp, let that sink in. its meta.

i really need to play something else this game is killing me inside.

in Warrior

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

It wasn’t too many months ago that people where saying that the total lack of classes using berserker was proof that balance was bad.

Now we have a class using berserker, and people are point to it and saying that the use of berserker is proof that the balance is bad.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Yes, it’s true. Warrior is OP. No other class can run 12 Utility skills, 5 traitlines, and access all major traits in those lines at once.

in Warrior

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

It wasn’t too many months ago that people where saying that the total lack of classes using berserker was proof that balance was bad.

Now we have a class using berserker, and people are point to it and saying that the use of berserker is proof that the balance is bad.

Those two claims aren’t mutually exclusive you know…

in Warrior

Posted by: xp eke xp.6724

xp eke xp.6724

every class is balanced, only the players aren´t.

i hope its not need to explain why warrior is balanced. to stay short:
- counter classes are rev, thief and mesmer
- if warrior dont use signet of strengh a guard wins too
- a never ending fight is warrior vs ranger, ingeneer or ele
- so only necro and guard can loose in a 1v1.

If a player still loose even as a counter class then he just need to play a liddle bether ;D
At all we got too many lacks at playing compeditive: starts with the personallity cause for being good at one of the contents of pvp: BEING THE BEST we need to focus on our weakness and strenghts to train them on the positiv side up. But instead most players deside to fokus on searching the solution on others (maybe players, the system, the balance and so on) but from that we don´t get bether and feed our own frustration, so they don´t get the point of a pvp content xD

btw. it´s still the same one of the best players say.
And if someone got problem against warriors: just play it by yourself for knowing theyr skills and cds and the next step is to fight him in 1v1 for find out what your class can do against it and when you can hit him without waisting your skills.

(edited by xp eke xp.6724)

in Warrior

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

The necessary balance to bring Warrior survivability back in check for both sPvP and WvW would be a change to Adrenal Health while using the Berserker spec.

Adrenal health should be affected by 3 different levels of healing returned.
It is also up far less frequently with basic Burst Skills, especially when one is negated.

However, as a Berserker you gain the level 3 Adrenal Health while only having to build 1 bar of adrenaline.

Berserk Burst Skills are also up ridiculously quickly, and with insane ones like Arc Divider delivering a 450 AoE on a 3s cooldown you are guaranteed to hit something all the time.

This results in the current Warrior specs of Defense, Discipline and Berserker with pure damage gear that can simply focus on combat while Adrenal Health and Cleansing Ire carry them through regular high healing and triple condition cleansing.
Due to the very low cooldowns of most Berserk Burst Skills you are also not punished for being outplayed and missing a Burst Skill, another go is up just 3 seconds later.

Berserk is also up for 15 seconds and when traited has a cooldown of only 8.75s, so as an opponent to the Warrior your window of opportunity to get past some of the frequent self-healing, condition cleansing and huge burst damage is only 8.75s, while you need to play defensively for 15.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I think they should remove the autoproc defy pain at 50%. Anything more could be overkill, but it certainly is way too tanky with zerk.

" June 25, 2013 – Reduced the cooldown of this trait from 90 seconds to 60 seconds."

The issue with ep is how it stacks up to 8 sec with defy pain,which gives alot of time to regain easily.I wouldnt mind seeing this go back to how it worked before,no more stacking.

in Warrior

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

That damage isn’t anything other classes cannot do. The problem is the sustain/tankiness of warrior, regardless of the amulet, given some specific traits and utilities.

in Warrior

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

hotfix pls
/15 chars

action combat made mmos better lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I dunno if i want current meta war nerfed. They’re pretty fun to fight as a dh and they are likewise fun to use to punish bad dhs.

in Warrior

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

Really people should play a class to beat a class. Every time I have troubles with a class I learn to play it myself and see what others do.

Here is the reality about warriors: More so than any other class, warriors are countered by the simple act of movement.

Bad players: Doesn’t kite the warrior, gets dunked, complains on forums.
Good players: Realizes that kiting counters warriors hard. Doesn’t get dunked.

When I’m playing on my Warrior it’s extremely easy to tell when I am fighting someone who thinks warriors are OP or not. A Necro that just sits there and tries to outsustain the fight that I ultimately end up killing in less than 5 seconds… VS a Necro that actually watches my cooldowns, applies chill while kiting, boonstrips resist at the right moment.

You cannot beat Warriors by spamming skills at them. In many ways Warriors are similar to DHs in that the class is a “noob check” – you actually have to employ some kind of real strategy to beat them and can’t just 12345 your hot DPS build you got off metabattle. Just like how inexperienced players die to DHs because they stand in POB, inexperienced players die to Warriors because they don’t understand how mobility works in this game.

(edited by Master Ketsu.4569)

in Warrior

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Warrior is broken and that’s a fact. No need to go to arguments, proof is right in front of everyone’s eyes. All warrior builds for spvp must have defense line, all will have at least one stance (berserker or endure pain) most often two.

If a class is OP with certain set of skills, and total trash without it, than we call that a poor design. Take a look at necro – say what you want about it, but i don’t recall any skill on his bar being “have or die” skill. Necro has some actual choices, maybe few that are trash (shadow fiend + signet of undeath) but none being “do or die”.

in Warrior

Darknicrofia.2604

- a never ending fight is warrior vs ranger,

stopped reading here.

warrior HARD counters druids. hard counters.

in Warrior

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Thing is, ‘just kite them’ is not feasible a lot of the time.

• Warrior has good mobility and a lot of gap-closing skills.
  • Has perma-stab in zerk mode
  • Has high-uptime, long-lasting resistance

So, classes that rely on CC to kite (knockback, chill, etc) are SOL.

You can’t knock them back. You can’t Immobilize them. You can’t Cripple or Chill or Blind them. You have to actually turn around and run away for 10-20 seconds, giving up the point in the process. Meanwhile, they heal 1k/s passively.

That’s a problem for competitive PVP IMO. It’s not engaging gameplay to have to just give up on the fight and wait up to 20s for your opponents invulns to wear off.

in Warrior

ZeftheWicked.3076

if duelling a warr i think only bunker ele and corruption necro have a shot. And that’s given they know their game.

in Warrior

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

^^ This.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

in Warrior

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Warrior is broken and that’s a fact. No need to go to arguments, proof is right in front of everyone’s eyes. All warrior builds for spvp must have defense line, all will have at least one stance (berserker or endure pain) most often two.

If a class is OP with certain set of skills, and total trash without it, than we call that a poor design. Take a look at necro – say what you want about it, but i don’t recall any skill on his bar being “have or die” skill. Necro has some actual choices, maybe few that are trash (shadow fiend + signet of undeath) but none being “do or die”.

You’ve never actually played with, or against, a warrior, have you?
no need to bring in arguments
your charisma check is so low there’s no point in rolling the dice.
warrior is broken and that is fact” but no need to actually bring in facts… right…

in Warrior

ZeftheWicked.3076

Sorry to dissapoint, i have played both warr and against a warr as well, the latter all the time. If you’re so sure I know nothing then feel free to show me meta warr build that does not use defense line and/or stances. I dare you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

warrior is broken and that is fact” but no need to actually bring in facts… right…

Macebow and GS/Mace Burst are the most played warriors pvp build.
They uses the same traits.
Their 6-0 skills are at 80% the same.

I think that warriors it’s the only profession using the same traits for both condi and power build.. maybe it’s because picking those traits warriors can

TRAITS
*Gain all the damaging boons (fury, might, quickness, retaliation)
*Have a good self heal (Adrenal Health and Healing Signet aren’t the guilty, take a look to Dead or Alive, the built in cousin of A.E.D.)
*A pulsing and non-pulsing condition immunity (you can heal without fear poison)
*A trait that let you run faster and break immobilize on some weapon’s skill
*Cleanse very often
*A passive stun break that let you ignore physical damage while beign capable to fight back
*Gaining Stability every time you break a stun

WEAPONS SKILL
*Many stun/daze/block
*High damage
*Good mobility

Maybe someone dump charisma, but this could be called a warriorzilla build.

in Warrior

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Sorry to dissapoint, i have played both warr and against a warr as well, the latter all the time. If you’re so sure I know nothing then feel free to show me meta warr build that does not use defense line and/or stances. I dare you.

Only if you show me a Druid build that doesn’t use pets.

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours first

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Warrior

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Show me what other class can take 0 damage from both physical and condition, hold point, and hit hard with chain stun lock. If only counter to this is to ignore Warrior and do something else, then class is broken. It worse when you trying to hold a point against an enemy Warrior.

in Warrior

ZeftheWicked.3076

Didn’t knew defense and stances were warrior’s profession mechanic…
/sarcasm

Bottom line – it’s a poorly designed profession spvp wise. It offers nearly 0 build diversity as all builds have to use defense line and stances or be a free kill.
A necro, deemeed bottom of barrel class (unless cared for) does not have such issues, and can use multiple traitline and utility skill combos with success for different types of builds.

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Really people should play a class to beat a class. Every time I have troubles with a class I learn to play it myself and see what others do.

Here is the reality about warriors: More so than any other class, warriors are countered by the simple act of movement.

When I’m playing on my Warrior it’s extremely easy to tell when I am fighting someone who thinks warriors are OP or not. A Necro that just sits there and tries to outsustain the fight that I ultimately end up killing in less than 5 seconds… VS a Necro that actually watches my cooldowns, applies chill while kiting, boonstrips resist at the right moment.

You cannot beat Warriors by spamming skills at them. In many ways Warriors are similar to DHs in that the class is a “noob check” – you actually have to employ some kind of real strategy to beat them and can’t just 12345 your hot DPS build you got off metabattle. Just like how inexperienced players die to DHs because they stand in POB, inexperienced players die to Warriors because they don’t understand how mobility works in this game.

This x100.

Shame people on this forum dont accept logic.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

sephiroth.4217

@Zeft: Didn’t know pets were Druids mechanics either
/sarcasm….

As Caedmon and Ketsu said though, Warriors are a noob check. Little bit of kiting and that Warrior becomes free food. Sometimes it’s worth baiting out that EP with skills before unleashing the burst onto them.

Boon corruption also works wonders against Warriors after Berserkers stance ends.
Unblockable attacks while they shield stance.
Leeching effects ignore EP too so in a way you can still damage them even with EP active.

Besides dodging, poison is your best friend against AH, also works wonders against the healing signet too. Then there’s everything else you can do like apply protection/regen to yourself and weakness to the warrior.

(instead of saying “X” class is op, how about asking how to beat “X” class with “Y” class, I’m sure many people have many ways to help)

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in Warrior

ZeftheWicked.3076

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession_mechanic

We learn everyday, don’t we Sephy?

/sarcasm

I’m not saying warr op, i’m saying badly designed. No build variety because one type of utility (stances) and one traitline (defense) is mandatory for survival.

You got either unstoppable juggernaut or easy picking with warr, rarely anything in between. That’s the problem.

(edited by ZeftheWicked.3076)

in Warrior

sephiroth.4217

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Profession_mechanic

We learn everyday, don’t we Sephy?

Don’t worry mate, went over your head but thanks for laugh.

I’ll go back to being thuper theriouth! :P

But you’re right, every build has 1-2 traitlines that are a must! like, every Ranger takes Druid/survival, Every Ele takes Water/temp, Every Engie takes alchemy/scrapper, every thief takes trickery/dd and so on… All bad designs by your recognition or do we just ignore every other class for the sake of the thread?

No build variety because one type of utility (stances) and one traitline (defense) is mandatory for survival.

While this may be true, it’s applied to a few builds like Paladins, Berserker, Wanderers, Sage, Marauders, Deadshot and so on, that there is already 6 different builds ranging from tanky, bursty, condition and hybrid. I wish my Ele had that many builds or options, so complaining warrior has “nothing” is a joke….

….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in Warrior

Posted by: Keadron.9570

Keadron.9570

Only if you show me a Druid build that doesn’t use pets.

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours first

Well I’m excited

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

I actually agree on that, but i have to run like a crazy chiken around the warrior and its extreamly hard to bring him down. PvP rotation is faster then killing a war in 1:1 and the war can burst you down in seconds with his CC support. I switched to warrior as alt to have an option but still main ele.

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

We’re rpactically helpess against stealth and enemies with perma-stability or perma-blocks…

…………. really? Because its not like warrior has a signet to make all of his attacks unblockable or anything.

FOR 6 BLOODY SECONDS. your 2 dodges can fill that entire time. “all of his attacks” PUH LEASE.

Are you forreal? 2 dodges is only 1.5 seconds out of 6. Second, most classes don’t have the ability to make all of their attacks unblockable for any length of time, yet they manage just fine. So if you are having trouble when you can make all of your attacks unblockable then I don’t know how to help you.

warriors also have a cd on their zerker skills. i cant just spam 6 skull grinders in 6 seconds. i know you probably dont know this as you dont play warrior but if you dodge 2 zerker attacks during that 6 seconds they completely waste it. i know i know mind = blown

im bad at sarcasm

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I know ppl defending this todays warrior/berserker cause its brain dead easy to play and can smash 2 players at same time. Enjoy while it lasts (like ghost thief).

in Warrior

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I think that warriors it’s the only profession using the same traits for both condi and power build.. maybe it’s because picking those traits warriors can

TRAITS
*Have a good self heal (Adrenal Health and Healing Signet aren’t the guilty, take a look to Dead or Alive, the built in cousin of A.E.D.)
*A pulsing and non-pulsing condition immunity (you can heal without fear poison)
*Cleanse very often
*A passive stun break that let you ignore physical damage while beign capable to fight back

WEAPONS SKILL
*Many stun/daze/block
*High damage
*Good mobility

you forgot the cons,
-very vulnerable to CC, all the good heals are interuptable
-many stuns/dazes/blocks don’t land because decent pvp’ers have stability or blocks
-good mobility, except against other non-warriors, due to the spammable knockdowns, chills, slows, criples, etc from all the other classes
-cleanse very often.. maybe with a trait that hits every half minute.. which is practically not
-gain all the damaging buffs, sure, but what does that matter if 90% of the good pvp’ers can make no hits land. woohooo, you did 50% more damage, 0+50%=0

in Warrior

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

TRAITS
*Cleanse very often

WEAPONS SKILL
*Many stun/daze/block
*High damage
*Good mobility

you forgot the cons,
-very vulnerable to CC, all the good heals are interuptable

You can’t be serious saying this.. or you simply don’t make a good use of Eternal Champion.

-many stuns/dazes/blocks don’t land because decent pvp’ers have stability or blocks

Can’t help if a player don’t look the stability uptime of the others class before landing cc. The power version run signet of might wich have 0 casting time, so if you want to make your cc unblockable for 6 seconds you can.

-good mobility, except against other non-warriors, due to the spammable knockdowns, chills, slows, criples, etc from all the other classes
-cleanse very often.. maybe with a trait that hits every half minute.. which is practically not

Warrior’s Sprint, Brawler’s Recovery and Cleansing Ire.

-gain all the damaging buffs, sure, but what does that matter if 90% of the good pvp’ers can make no hits land. woohooo, you did 50% more damage, 0+50%=0

This is possible only vs permastealth enemy.. or if the warrior have a broken keyboad.

in Warrior

Darknicrofia.2604

if you dodge 2 zerker attacks during that 6 seconds they completely waste it. i know i know mind = blown

Cool, so now you’re out of dodges for the Headbutt GS burst.

Warriors are the only class in the meta that has like 6 skills that ALL require dodging or be immediately bopped. Sure some of those skills can be kited, some can be blinded when stance isnt up and some can be blocked when signet isn’t active, but no other class in the meta has as many dangerous tools as warriors do.

in Warrior

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

warriors also have a cd on their zerker skills. i cant just spam 6 skull grinders in 6 seconds. i know you probably dont know this as you dont play warrior but if you dodge 2 zerker attacks during that 6 seconds they completely waste it. i know i know mind = blown

Again, 2 attacks in 6 seconds are dodged. The rest will land unless you are out kited (which is on you). If you can’t bait their dodges well enough to land at lest 1 skull grinder in that window, well its partly on you.

But even if both skull grinders are missed, this doesn’t change that you still have 6 entire seconds of all of your attacks being unblockable. Of all classes, warriors have the least right to complain about blocks in this game.

in Warrior

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Fail to dodge Headbut, Decapitate, AND wild blow lol

protip don’t depend on blocks when war uses SoM

It’s understandable if the Guard already used up his stability and stunbreakers during that burst. Compared to Revs, Thieves, Wars, Engi, etc.. our skill refresh time absolutely sucks after a fight.

Power War vs Guard isn’t exactly a favorable matchup for us.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Warrior

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Warriors are a bit too strong atm. The fact that they have a meta build using the zerker amulet and no other class does is pretty solid evidence of this.

They need to be and will be toned down.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

For a start, they could make endure pain/defy pain prevent capture point contribution. This might not help with the whole combat balance, but it would be something. If they could rework warriors to have more active defenses and take away all the passives then it would return the risk of running a berserker amulet that any other profession would have and they wouldn’t be able to just face-tank everything with invulnerabilities. That would be a lot of work, though, so I think the easier band-aid fix would be to add some sort of a sacrifice to using these skills. (Preventing skill use/capture point contribution while invulnerable is how it works with most other professions, for example.)