Warrior is too strong in PvP

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I like the endure pain negating cap contribution idea.

in Warrior

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

If they did that, then it should apply to Signet of Stone too. It would only be a good idea if applied to both.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

If they did that, then it should apply to Signet of Stone too. It would only be a good idea if applied to both.

Sure?

in Warrior

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

like, every Ranger takes Druid/survival

lul

in Warrior

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

so warriors are too strong
guardians are too sturdy
mesmers are too annoying
thieves are to immortal
rangers are too un-melee’ble
revnants are.. wait.. when was the last time I saw a rev in pve or pvp??
engineers are annoying when they’re shrunk, but otherwise dealable with

incomming: new class: the grey blob
1 attack
2 power attack
3 retaliation attack
4 knockback
5 condition spam wave
6 heal, stealth, stability and 50 clones
7 group support
8 self support
9 enemy weakening
0 sets your team score back to 0

in Warrior

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Sure?

They both do the same thing so why not?

like, every Ranger takes Druid/survival

lul

Hey!!! I’m a bad that plays at Silver/Gold level so that’s what I see in other Druids and in my build when I bother to play it lol

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in Warrior

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Warrior

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Warriors are a bit too strong atm. The fact that they have a meta build using the zerker amulet and no other class does is pretty solid evidence of this.

They need to be and will be toned down.

Thats your whole reasoning ? Sorry if that made me chuckle.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

I know ppl defending this todays warrior/berserker cause its brain dead easy to play and can smash 2 players at same time. Enjoy while it lasts (like ghost thief).

The only people defending it are the ones actually playing the class and knowing how it can be countered,unlike people as yourself that run towards a warr and spamm 1234567890 hoping the warri will die.its fun how people jump to this “braindead” mentality after getting wrecked by warris.Cus every class that wrecks me is a braindead class/build Riiight.

in Warrior

choovanski.5462

bruh, if I’m on engi, DH or rifle/GS or condi warrior, i can hands down best meta warrior. y’all QQ and list warrior’s strengths in a vacuum without considering any of the classes. it’s like y’all have never thought about what tools you have at your disposal, and what tools work.

like dang man, on Engi i have stab on dodge lol. boy why i complain about stuns w this BS. w menders i heal like a god from just combo finishers. woah and i have a heal skill too. i have unlockable CC and damage so who cares about blocks? i only care about zerker stance if I’m trying to use poison or blinds. plus i have moa and potential rampage lol.

DH is a even more faceroll.
as far as I’m concerned Druid is the best class in the game (not always meta druid, druid has lots of strong builds a good player can use. duel spec druid is brutal. plus support/damage balance makes them a high value team member.)

ugh, maybe it’s because i come from a WvW background where we are used to theorycrafting and fighting BS builds. but like, you can beat these builds. practice and theorycraft. meta is not the only way. maybe slot a blast gyro god.

anet doesn’t balance for hecke, and only once in a blue moon. they won’t save u. only practice and theorycraft will. also, most of the good players quit, so it’s easy to outskill.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I know ppl defending this todays warrior/berserker cause its brain dead easy to play and can smash 2 players at same time. Enjoy while it lasts (like ghost thief).

The only people defending it are the ones actually playing the class and knowing how it can be countered,unlike people as yourself that run towards a warr and spamm 1234567890 hoping the warri will die.its fun how people jump to this “braindead” mentality after getting wrecked by warris.Cus every class that wrecks me is a braindead class/build Riiight.

quite the opposite you just run as a berserker pressing buttons like 123456 while your passive healing and stab doing their work, pop 4 sec endure paing and spam attack buttons which hit for 6-10k. bers dont even need to dodge, just smash all those buttons.

btw and I wont be wrecked by warrs cause I play one. But comparing it to other classes – this build has no disadvantages – bers amulet no need to invest in defense cause your passives doing all the work. Defending this build is just like defending turret engie years ago.

in Warrior

choovanski.5462

quite the opposite you just run as a berserker pressing buttons like 123456 while your passive healing and stab doing their work, pop 4 sec endure paing and spam attack buttons which hit for 6-10k. bers dont even need to dodge, just smash all those buttons.

btw and I wont be wrecked by warrs cause I play one. But comparing it to other classes – this build has no disadvantages – bers amulet no need to invest in defense cause your passives doing all the work. Defending this build is just like defending turret engie years ago.

you realise any class that runs marauder would run zerker amulet if they had max base HP. like, that’s the only reason warrior can get away w it.

idk why people make such a big deal out of zerker amulet.

in Warrior

Posted by: alccode.1297

alccode.1297

I can understand both sides here, but the “lol warr op? you’re joking” responses are slightly myopic as they are thinking of very limited scenarios where it’s easy to beat a warrior, that does not happen very often at least in ranked. I have a short and a long explanation of what I mean.

Short version:

It’s quite telling to me that the most common response here is “oh just learn to dodge and block”. This is a tautological argument because you could say that for ANY class. “Just dodge and block” should theoretically win you any match up. The problem is that if that’s the ONLY thing you can say to beat warriors, then you have in fact just proven that warriors are OP.

Full version:

IMO this is more than just a case of dodging and blocking the headbutts and all the “lol why u didn’t block??” and “just kite lol git gud” responses miss the mark. Why? Because sPvP is not a pristine 1v1 environment. The issue becomes especially glaring in teamfights. You can’t just focus on aoe fields and ranged attackers but now also have to watch out for that warrior coming in unsuspectedly. If you don’t block them at just the right time, given all the rest of the chaos going on around you, then you are down…hard.

So, having to deal with such a high amount of spike damage with cc is indeed blockable/kiteable but the timing has to be >< just right, is what causes the problem here. It turns the outcomes into hugely divergent categories.

Either:
1) You support your teammate (e.g. being +1 on a 1v1 on point against a warr) and the warr is focussed on the teammate, who is taking the brunt of the attacks. All you have to do is wait out the 0 and then lay into them and they are gone. So easy! This is where the “warr op? lol what a joke” responses are coming from.

2) You have a straight-up 1v1 encounter. This is not too bad, but if you make an error then you are finished. This is the place where “l2p” can make the greatest gains. But only here. And this kind of situation doesn’t even happen that often. Instead, you get the following:

3) Teamfight with 3-4+ people in total. Warrior can cruise in and destroy you since you most likely have blown dodges, cc’s, and blocks on all the other stuff you’re dealing with. There is very little recourse here. Good luck even trying to run away.

4) The worst IMO is fighting 2 warriors. The funniest game I’ve been in a long time was when matched up against 2 warrs recently that stuck together the entire game. They just demolished everyone. You think you can carefully time and dodge/avoid one warrior’s endless chain of cc’s, massive damage, and invuls? Good luck doing that with his buddy right next to him as well.

So yes, I can see both sides here. I understand the “warr is op” point of view, and I get where the “lol git gud” point of view is also coming from. I just don’t think the latter are remembering very well how they’ve fared in all possible scenarios with warriors included. Or at least, haven’t had enough experience with warriors at high enough level play.

(edited by alccode.1297)

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

the survivability of this class is ridicolous at the moment. All that condi cleanse, resistance -no counter for anyone..

Yeah right.. try fighting a good condi mesmer with all that.. and you’ll go from wanting warrior nerf to saying how cancerous mesmers are.

Ahh Mesmer moa’d me, ahh he freaking stun the hell out of me, he disappeared.

in Warrior

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Ultimately, I think it’s just poor gameplay.

You can’t interact with something that has 8 seconds of invuln, pulsing stab and long-lasting resistance uptime. You just have to run away or ignore them for 30s to 1m until their stances + defenses are finally done. There’s no back-and-forth there. It’s just boring.

in Warrior

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Strange, last time I was playing GW2, the posts were about how much the warrior sucked and now they are OP? I fought a pretty impressive warrior yesterday on my LB ranger and he didn’t feel OP to me.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Warrior

Ragnarox.9601

problem is when you need to:

kite:
- warrior he just pop his f1 and 1.1k hp/s regen = full hp
cc:
warrior pops out his f1 and perma stability is up = no cc’s for you. (its like fighting full rampage warrior)

So warrior is pretty much immune to stuns + kiting unless you are a Thief who can just go out of fight and come back in with teleports and backstab him. This just need to be toned down. They have too much now without any disadvantage. Hopefully it will be dealt with in next balance patch….hopefully…

in Warrior

Posted by: Gambino.2109

Gambino.2109

kite:
cc:
warrior pops out his f1 and perma stability is up = no cc’s for you. (its like fighting full rampage warrior)

So warrior is pretty much immune to stuns + kiting unless you are a Thief who can just go out of fight and come back in with teleports and backstab him. This just need to be toned down. They have too much now without any disadvantage. Hopefully it will be dealt with in next balance patch….hopefully…

Hopefully anet doesn’t listen to people like you who did not play warrior when hot first came out.. everything could kill a warrior like a ping pong. Took anet a lot of work to get it on competitive terms

in Warrior

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

kite:
cc:

Stella Truth Seeker

in Warrior

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

what about giving the rest of the classes those counter play options instead of nerfing warriors?
have you seen how much time a single duel lasts in other games?
i think it will be more fun for the whole pvp to be able to react before you die.

action combat made mmos better lol

in Warrior

Ragnarox.9601

Hopefully anet doesn’t listen to people like you who did not play warrior when hot first came out.. everything could kill a warrior like a ping pong. Took anet a lot of work to get it on competitive terms

They are not competitive now, they are God tier. And gods need to be toned down to human level.

in Warrior

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

They are not competitive now, they are God tier. And gods need to be toned down to human level.

its either buff the other classes or they need hotfix asap they are kind of unacceptable

action combat made mmos better lol

in Warrior

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Warriors are a bit too strong atm. The fact that they have a meta build using the zerker amulet and no other class does is pretty solid evidence of this.

They need to be and will be toned down.

Thats your whole reasoning ? Sorry if that made me chuckle.

Well the reasoning behind it is pretty obvious. They have just an immense invulnerability up time, as everyone has pointed out, that puts every other class to shame in that area. Guardians, Mesmers, and Engis are either blocking (countered by mechanics) or cannot perform many actions during their invulnerability time. Rangers can use theirs only once, and lose a signet in the process. Necros are mushrooms.

Endure pain = 8s of direct invulnerability, they have two different sources of resistance, and they also have a reasonable amount of block uptime. Warriors get to run this amulet and do massive damage because of the amount of time they get to just ignore damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

According to warriors in this thread you need something like 20 dodges and preferably some kind of kiting capability (stealth, invuls) if you want just not die to warrior. If you actually want to kill that said warrior, you would also need to dish out massive condi and direct dmg (with couple CCs) on top of it to overcome the abundance of immunities and high amount of regen/stab. Please show me the build that has it all. I am a noob and not aware of such build/class.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Warrior

Posted by: xp eke xp.6724

xp eke xp.6724

OK lets go on crying on something noone can change and stop being a good player that coud change himself by inform, dokument, test all classes and work on the mental and mechanical weaknesses to proof the things we say xD.

I hope arenanet bring us an instance to make this points far easyer to get, otherwise pvp stays unbalanced like the first day.

Just a personal opinion, cause it cant be that i get on platin only by using a dps rotation without thinking one time about defence, kite, or fokus a good player. It was like fighting an dungeonboss and get him allone cause all others are completely overstrained and died. So if im boored and the other 9 players are completely stressed, why are we at the same rating? xD

Only at rating ~70 or higher, some players forced me to do more then the minimal. I know that sounds arogant but i did just the same then on pve, i learned my dps rotation and maybe how to run at the right fights…. for this i got platin xD

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Basically playing against a warrior is unforgiving. Make a mistake and you die or can´t kill him while the warrior has room for errors. I can only beat worriors if i watch their toolbar carefully and am patient in what i do kiting and this needs time. Thers no fast kill against a good warrior. It´s no fun for casuals to fight warriors that are average or better. You need to understand the warrior´s capabilities and actualy pay atention to the small icons … And as mentioned a warrior duo is a killing duo that will burst down annything if coordianted.

in Warrior

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

what about giving the rest of the classes those counter play options instead of nerfing warriors?

Or, since everything is still overpowered, instead of buffing other classes lets just bring the 1 class in line. It just needs a few small tweaks so that its defense isn’t so kitten good while still putting out huge offensive pressure.

Change Primal Burst skills to count as T1 adrenaline skills. Forces the berserker to choose between more offense in berserk mode, or more defense without using it. Actually introduce a choice in the playstyle instead of just spamming berserk mode as soon as you can.

have you seen how much time a single duel lasts in other games?
i think it will be more fun for the whole pvp to be able to react before you die.

Easily achieved by lowering the power creep across the game, not adding more by adding even more sustain to classes.

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Basically playing against a warrior is unforgiving. Make a mistake and you die or can´t kill him while the warrior has room for errors. I can only beat worriors if i watch their toolbar carefully and am patient in what i do kiting and this needs time. Thers no fast kill against a good warrior. It´s no fun for casuals to fight warriors that are average or better. You need to understand the warrior´s capabilities and actualy pay atention to the small icons … And as mentioned a warrior duo is a killing duo that will burst down annything if coordianted.

What are these points youre making ? oh my kittening god. WOW you have to pay attention to when endure pain or berserk is being used instead of randomly hitting kitten…This kitten is hilarious,i just cant..Lmfao.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Cynz.9437

What are these points youre making ? oh my kittening god. WOW you have to pay attention to when endure pain or berserk is being used instead of randomly hitting kitten…This kitten is hilarious,i just cant..Lmfao.

I think the point is that warrior himself doesn’t have to watch anything…. and can do a lot of mistakes.

All is Vain~

in Warrior

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I think the point is that warrior himself doesn’t have to watch anything…. and can do a lot of mistakes.

and thats different from all the other classes how?

im bad at sarcasm

in Warrior

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

Grow up with your poor-man attempt of sounding snarky.

“Or, since everything is still overpowered, instead of buffing other classes lets just bring the 1 class in line. It just needs a few small tweaks so that its defense isn’t so kitten good while still putting out huge offensive pressure.

Change Primal Burst skills to count as T1 adrenaline skills. Forces the berserker to choose between more offense in berserk mode, or more defense without using it. Actually introduce a choice in the playstyle instead of just spamming berserk mode as soon as you can."

PvP and WvW only please. Thanks.

in Warrior

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

and thats different from all the other classes how?

It isn’t, unfortunately. All elite specs are too forgiving in their playstyles, and they all need nerfs.

@Mahou – That’s perfectly fine with me if it stays as a T3 adrenaline skill for PvE only.

in Warrior

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

Do you even read what u write? To be 30 seconds almost invulnerable isn’t just a minor issue!

in Warrior

Caedmon.6798

Grow up with your poor-man attempt of sounding snarky.

“Or, since everything is still overpowered, instead of buffing other classes lets just bring the 1 class in line. It just needs a few small tweaks so that its defense isn’t so kitten good while still putting out huge offensive pressure.

Change Primal Burst skills to count as T1 adrenaline skills. Forces the berserker to choose between more offense in berserk mode, or more defense without using it. Actually introduce a choice in the playstyle instead of just spamming berserk mode as soon as you can."

PvP and WvW only please. Thanks.

Being snarky ? The guy is saying he has to watch the toolbar closely when fighting a warri otherwise he cant win..Well kittening duh,dont you do the same on every class or do you simply blast away everything ? Or hoping warri will get nerfed so hard he wont have to pay attention to the toolbar anymore and can blast away freely ? Its getting tiresome after a while to keep on seeing kitten posts like this that actually get defended aswell.

@Ethan…30 sec invulnerable ? My god,stop pulling random numbers out of your ass if you want to be taken seriously.

4 sec endure pain – 4 sec defy pain – 3 sec block. But somehow this equals to 30 seconds godmode right and applys on every warri build being used,even when we dont run a shield ! Think you forgot about our 5k hp/sec aswell thats always passively active.

Keep wondering why im being “snarky”.

I’ll just step out of the way so you can all have a great discussion on how to nerf warri.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

Sigh …

I play warrior myself after ele…. I play a strengh/defence/zerk power version.
My experience is you need to have more then one stunbreaker or you die. The problem might be the NEED. There are exceptions like guards (aegis) or thiefs (more doges) but a mistake and they are gone. I killed many thiefs with tount …

classic engagement.
I leap on my oponent. If they doge fine one wasted …
First hard CC incoming… Doge (usually no kiting possible!)
Second CC incoming … Dodge
Third CC incoming —- this is usualy headbut. — mostly Stunbreak from oponent.
I go zerk with taunt. If target is cought in tount he´s dead. I follow with arc divider + rush. All hasted and i get the 20% damage from strenght trait. Rush is usualy 10k+
CC ing me is not working well too. I will use two stunbreakers in the process and put up stability after the first CC.

No average player survives this and even good ones might struggle and i am not a good warrior. When in combat and they used their doges in a teamfight hitting with my bull rush alone is the end with 3s knockdown.

And i ignore condies with berserkes stance if needed. Long enough to down one oponent.
I also run boonrip sigil in one weapon set. So i usualy rip stability on my opening strikes before swaping to GS. This greatly supports this burst strategy.
On top of that i have good regeneration. 450 rad arc divider hits …. Added on that my doges. More endu and damage on dodge from strenght. Also traited GS is nice more GS3 whirls and some might ….
And the discipline version is propably the better long term fighter but i guess not so much diffrent. It adds an imob breaker which helps against kiters.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Warrior

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Warriors have a pretty big weakness – Visibility.

They have no stealth. No shadowsteps. ALL their ranged attacks are projectiles (With clear precasts). No clones or minions to clutter targeting. Their defenses are passive, with only a few, highly visible active ones. All their attacks are telegraphed.

Yeah, Arc Divider is probably bullkitten, but you can see it coming when they whip out that huge sword.

in Warrior

Wolfric.9380

I agree if you know them (maybe by playing it) then they are quite predictable. But still very dangerous and whiping the floor with most targets. I personaly enjoy playing war as diversification from my ele. Fast and fun. For my ele war ist propably the most dangerous oponent (beside necro with currupts and condi chrono). I can survive a while but they often chase me till i am dead … When playing it myself it doesn´t feel so OP.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in Warrior

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

ALL their ranged attacks are projectiles (With clear precasts).

I always laugh when a mesmer pop it’s Echo of Memory while see the Kill Shot coming.. to die when i use Signet of Might.

Yeah, Arc Divider is probably bullkitten, but you can see it coming when they whip out that huge sword.

If someone dodge everything damaging just cc-it to death.
With discipline we can also swap weapon pretty fast to not beign locked into a weapon set for long time, and doing so we regain 5 adrenaline, to easily use a berseeker burst.

If the opponent isn’t a daredevil it must pop it’s defensive cd, and we just have to dodge control like moa with GS evade or block it with mace or shield.
If they block we can just use the Signet of Might (i love that signet) and if go into invuln.. it can’t harm you

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

If someone dies to a joke of a skill like Killshot, they’re not worth playing against in the first place.

Signet of Might is worthless against evades and blinds. and it has a significant “This guy can go unblockable” icon.

in Warrior

Vitali.5039

If someone dies to a joke of a skill like Killshot, they’re not worth playing against in the first place.

Signet of Might is worthless against evades and blinds. and it has a significant “This guy can go unblockable” icon.

Saying that Signet of Might is worthless against evade and blind its like saying that the heal skill it’s worthless cause you start at full hp.

in Warrior

coro.3176

As Wolf said above, it’s the NEED to dodge every cc combined with the lack of ability to counterattack that makes it a bit too strong.

As an off-meta rifle engi, I have as my defense:

• 2 dodges
  • 1 block (gear shield)
  • 1 escape (prefer rocket boots, but E-gun is better)

That’s not enough to deal with a competant zerker. If I eat any stun, I’m dead to burst. Meanwhile, I can’t attack back because the zerker is immune to my cripple/chill (resistance) or immob (resistance, movement skills) and has pulsing stability when attacking from Eternal Champion, so I can’t knockback.

If I do ever manage to land my cc, I try to follow with burst and 100-0 them while they’re vulnerable. This doesn’t work because of the auto-proc invuln. By the time that’s over, their cooldowns are up again (shield, stances, headbutt, etc). I need to break off and escape. They regenerate to full health quickly because I can’t attack and escape at the same time.

Basically, if I make a single mistake, I die. If they make mistakes, they’re saved by passives and carried by regen.

in Warrior

Sartharina.3542

There are all sorts of ways to dodge that don’t require a ‘dodge’, that other classes get access to:
Blind. Stealth+Kite. Shadowstep/Blink. Standing further than their range (The only ranged CC a warrior has is on the Rifle – A brief Gunflame daze and immobilize+cripple conditions, easily cleared or ignored by most classes)
To the engineer – Your build is a bad matchup against a meta warrior, and may have to be mixed up a bit to provide more ways of stopping the warrior from getting and staying in killing range. You know a warrior can’t be 100-0’d, so you need another strategy. Warrior recovery is restricted to (rather powerful) regeneration – they can’t burst heal.

Saying that Signet of Might is worthless against evade and blind its like saying that the heal skill it’s worthless cause you start at full hp.

A heal skill is useless against anyone that can take you to 0 before you can activate it. It can be powerful (Depending on the skill), but it can be countered.

in Warrior

Cynz.9437

There are all sorts of ways to dodge that don’t require a ‘dodge’, that other classes get access to:
Blind. Stealth+Kite. Shadowstep/Blink. Standing further than their range (The only ranged CC a warrior has is on the Rifle – A brief Gunflame daze and immobilize+cripple conditions, easily cleared or ignored by most classes)
To the engineer – Your build is a bad matchup against a meta warrior, and may have to be mixed up a bit to provide more ways of stopping the warrior from getting and staying in killing range. You know a warrior can’t be 100-0’d, so you need another strategy. Warrior recovery is restricted to (rather powerful) regeneration – they can’t burst heal.

A heal skill is useless against anyone that can take you to 0 before you can activate it. It can be powerful (Depending on the skill), but it can be countered.

So basically you need to play a thief but dish out damage of condi necro + zerker warrior (because meta thief doesn’t have enough pressure to get past wars defenses) if you want to kill war. Please show me the class/build that can do it. I am still waiting for the answer.

Btw, blinds are useless vs war due to high uptime on resistance and condi cleanse.

So far i have seen warriors die only in two situations: they are either extremely bad, like afk bad, or they got majorly outnumbered. I guess players in plat/legend are not good enough and need to l2p?

All is Vain~

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Warrior

Vitali.5039

Ty, captain obvious.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

warrior is fine. U don’t need to argue in ultimatums. It’s not dodge or die. they don’t have perma stability, they aren’t perma unblockable, they cannot catch up to a kiting ele. And no they aren’t perma invulnerable. U don’t need to dodge anything, not every attack is a massive overkill. U can blind the burst skill or a key skill when resistance is not up, U can interupt and cc skills when they are not in berserker mode. U have invulnerabilities, damage inversion,Blocks(yes u can block warriors u 6 secs of unblockbale on a 25 sec cooldown). And btw other classes have unblockables as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Berserker could use a shave for sure. It’s not the most broken thing that’s ever been in gw2, but it’s got a lot to carry bads.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

coro.3176

It’s true. The Stability & Resist arent’ permanent, but they are incredibly long. They’re far longer than any player can afford to wait out.

Stability: 15 seconds on, 10 seconds off (berserk mode).
Resistance: 12 seconds (zerk stance) + 6 seconds (signet).

As you probably know, even 5 seconds is long time in pvp. 15 and 18s on short cooldowns are an eternity. You just have to run away.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

^^ If a warrior uses the signet to survive condi, he can’t stay in the fight. If you’ve pushed a warrior to do that, and he stays, he’s cooked.

Zerk stance is also on a 60s cd, which isn’t short.

Truthfully, stunning a Berserker isn’t a winning strategy. That doesn’t in and of itself mean that Berserker is OP (though I agree it needs a shave), it’s just a bad way to go.

If you can’t stand toe to toe with a Berserker, don’t. Or at least try to save your kite and defenses for when he’s raging out. Deny him the burst and you’ll also crimp his healing by a lot.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

coro.3176

I do have better luck with condi because I can tag the warrior then run away. (like, full-on escape to max range and run while burn stacks are ticking for ~15s, repeat as needed) This is bad gameplay though. I find it cheesy and unengaging.

in Warrior

Posted by: Only Even.6193

Only Even.6193

Actually, Warrior is the most dangerous and unforgiving encounter, you rarely even can expect a second chance, if you are unlucky or make a stupid mistake,(shits happen) you are already lying on the ground.

It’s like soloing a smarter pve champ lol, you can’t one-two-three shoot it, war is tough enough to perma pressuring you to the death if you don’t manage to stay away from it.. And I won’t even talk about how a “surprise” +1 warrior can .. well, literally kitten you.

BUT ! Actual warrior is not OP “Over Powered”, people have to understand that War is f* not OP, they are just, balanced, and that is what make such a difference.

The real problem is that it’s not the case for any other class !

If they nerf warrior, they will be pretty useless again, don’t push a balanced class too much or it will fall apart..
And don’t get me wrong, I hate warriors myself, but I can’t stand when people permanently call for the nerf hammer every single time, when they loose too much fights.
Warriors are fine, other class need to be balanced, and then, everything will be okay.
Be patient and don’t fight for pointless nerfs.

The more a balanced class will be nerfed, lesser the chances to see another class be balanced, be patient and let every class get to the same level, and stop the freaking nerfs calls… Look at the warrior as an example.. My two cents.

Btw, I’m a Rev main and I cringe everyday.. Lo/ just be patient guys !

(Sorry for my french.. ahah)