Warrior is too strong in PvP

in Warrior

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

Actually, Warrior is the most dangerous and unforgiving encounter, you rarely even can expect a second chance, if you are unlucky or make a stupid mistake,(shits happen) you are already lying on the ground.

It’s like soloing a smarter pve champ lol, you can’t one-two-three shoot it, war is tough enough to perma pressuring you to the death if you don’t manage to stay away from it.. And I won’t even talk about how a “surprise” +1 warrior can .. well, literally kitten you.

BUT ! Actual warrior is not OP “Over Powered”, people have to understand that War is f* not OP, they are just, balanced, and that is what make such a difference.

The real problem is that it’s not the case for any other class !

If they nerf warrior, they will be pretty useless again, don’t push a balanced class too much or it will fall apart..
And don’t get me wrong, I hate warriors myself, but I can’t stand when people permanently call for the nerf hammer every single time, when they loose too much fights.
Warriors are fine, other class need to be balanced, and then, everything will be okay.
Be patient and don’t fight for pointless nerfs.

The more a balanced class will be nerfed, lesser the chances to see another class be balanced, be patient and let every class get to the same level, and stop the freaking nerfs calls… Look at the warrior as an example.. My two cents.

Btw, I’m a Rev main and I cringe everyday.. Lo/ just be patient guys !

(Sorry for my french.. ahah)

We want to avoid more power creep in the game. So I’d rather want to see warrior being brought in line rather than seeing every other class becoming the god-mode that is current state warriors.

Optimise [OP]

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

whould be intresting what happens if mace burst gets shaved and arch divider 300 range.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Still waiting for warrior mains tell me what exact build/class can actually deal with warrior without external help while not losing point. This is a legit question which i couldn’t find answer for so far.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Still waiting for warrior mains tell me what exact build/class can actually deal with warrior without external help while not losing point. This is a legit question which i couldn’t find answer for so far.

I presume you’re talking about a gs/m+sh build? I can’t think of one at the moment.

But pressuring him (especially condi and range) while he’s capping, forcing him to pop his defenses, etc., will put him in serious danger around the time that cap should be almost done.

I don’t play pvp so I don’t know which builds are current. But a condi reaper with lots of corrupts should almost certainly kill the warrior if he tries to camp the point. Might even be able to prevent the cap, if played well. Would need to do some testing.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. Warriors are crazy overpowered and is basically playing in easy mode.

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

warrior (berserker) has only 1 build / trait set and yes that one is “OP” as in it roflstomps most builds / classes including every other warrior build with ease. still a really good thief/daredevil kills that warrior 10:0 without leaving them a chance and a condi mesmer can also win rather easily, power mesmer is a good matchup. the rest of the classes out there don’t really have a chance unless the warrior sucks which isn’t a problem because 19 out of 20 warriors suck.

my advice for fighting them – kite kite kite. warrior is surely most easily kited, just be sure to keep your mobilities to gain some distance after GS 5: rush skill. warrior doesn’t have any other long distance movement skills. the problem is they also sustain very well whenever they are able to land a burst skill so if you can’t apply decent damage while kiting.. well well… you see why thief and mesmer are doing so well against warrior :>

And hey Cynz – none but isn’t that exactly how a warrior should be? What would a warrior be if he could not force someone off point…

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Warrior

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I complain about power War, much as how an Engi/Nec/Ranger complain about burn guard… We’re stupid powerful but not without an apparent Achilles’ heel.

That said, Arc Divider..it needs to die.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Warrior

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I complain about power War, much as how an Engi/Nec/Ranger complain about burn guard… We’re stupid powerful but not without an apparent Achilles’ heel.

That said, Arc Divider..it needs to die.

Well War is now like guard was in beta…18k hp base + blockadin + huge dmg.

→ put war in 11k base hp division → problem solved.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

….put war in 11k base hp division & problem solved.

Go home, yer drunk.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Warrior

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I don’t win all fights but I have a decent chance at beating most warriors in gold3-plat 2 with condi necro in this and last season. Don’t use a meta build. Here’s mine:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBLhZ6kGRozGs8GwvGg/GsgLYxXxu4YE6qFAWARbtJwHA-TZhHABAcCAKb/BBOCAA/AA6vMAA

Overall tips vs warrior:
Minions are a no go. Too easy to proc adrenal health and condi clear on burst.

Warhorn 5 at the start of a fight! (Also good advice vs guardians and thieves to clear blinds). Do not get hit by the head butt in 1v1. If they shattering blow (I know not all warriors have it but I see it from time to time), corrupt stability with plague signet to interrupt their headbutt. If you do get hit by headbutt, plague signet and dodge or flesh wurm out immediately! If you don’t, warhorn 5 is still ticking and can clear blind from mace F1 and help crit and proc the auto plague signet.

If they block, use Warhorn 4 to interrupt it. If they have stability and are blocking, use Corrupt boon to fear them through the channeled block to interrupt it.

If headbutt/berserker mode doesn’t happen, it’s an easy fight. Corrupt resistance for chill —> vuln/bleed and win. RS3354 if you are going try hard and they will be dead in 5 seconds.

If the headbutt/full adrenaline happens, you need to clear the swiftness, quickness and fury from fatal frenzy. They only pulse once. After this, the only boons that are constantly applied are might/stability and maybe resistance from the stance. Corrupting stability that pulses every 3 seconds means constant fear (and terror) which chills and therefore bleeds/vulns.

While I’ve seen a lot of necros talk about how terror is weak now, the pulsing stability that came with HOT and the amount of corrupts in this build makes it amazing. This build can stack lots of vuln and might rather quickly so the repeated terror procs really add up. 1.4 seconds per stability corrupt in this build. That’s up to ~1.4k damage per second or almost 2k per corrupt. Adrenal health cant take it. The build has 5 corrupts and scepter auto corrupt which takes 2.4 seconds to complete. For 15 seconds, the berserker has stability pulsed every 3 seconds. That’s 15 seconds in which most warrior meta builds have no stun breaks and I’m free to terrify over and over. If I get warriors to this point, it’s game over for them every time. If this plays out perfectly, the warrior doesn’t even get a chance to decap.

Is it a glassy build that gets focused easily? Yeah. Have flesh wurm up before you engage. If a thief or DH might teleport after you, preemptively place 4 staff marks on the wurm as a trap. Rune of nightmare means less condi damage/sustain but more duration if you really want to fearlock a warriors even harder.

TLDR: Corrupt stability/resistance to fear and chill. Trait fear to terror.

in Warrior

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

I mostly played thief but…

I have 1k+ hours on necro (wvw mostly) and it was about 70/30 for me on winning vs a warrior (high silver/low gold tier opponents) with my own spin on a corruption build.

I played a bit as warrior as well and corruption was my bane as well as doom sigil/poison spam. Contrary to popular belief I did run short of cleanses against intelligent opposition. I will admit I never had muh issue vs power specs.

It seems like this is the same as people crying about op DHs from seasons past, in that it’s more of a hard check of fighting competence than most other things in the game, and it’s jarring in its force of impact.

in Warrior

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I played a lot engineer ( since 2012) and elementalist. After hot i switched in season 3 to mesmer and it took me a lot to learn it . I was not effective, i had to work a lot to learn to make damage and survive in staff, it is not easy or natural. Yesterday i rolled a warrior and i copied the macebow build too. Obviously every good player in 1 vs 1 kills me but in 10 matches or less i kill win more than with mesmer after 50 matches . The mechanic of warrior is simple and warrior is really forgivening. You have block on shield, block on maces, stances … and you can do good damage also. Is it op ? no … but it is really really strong and easy to play . Only weakness of the build i use , for me ( copied from metabattle ) is mobility. Carry a game without mobility and disangage is quite hard or impossible … for this mesmer is much better … but much harder to learn … perhaps there is too much skill floor difference since classes …

in Warrior

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

This ist somthing people have to accept. Skill floor is very diffrent for classes and builds.
Guard is easy and warrior vorgiving so also a good entrance. On the other side ele is much more difficult and thief easy to deal large damage but very unvorgiving if you make a mistake but this also depends on the build. Low skill floor builds tend to loose efficiency the more skilled gameplay gets.
Warrior is powerful but the strong builds are all “Lonestars”.

in Warrior

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

I agree if you know them (maybe by playing it) then they are quite predictable.

That was my gripe about the class initially and why I played most of my time as a Ranger. Still, Warriors have such variety in their builds that they can fit so many different play styles and be successful. You never are in a play where you feel, “Wow… I wish my class could do that.”

Anyways… after playing a Warrior, I love fighting against them as it’s easy to know what they are going to do. Just wait for the telegraph and counter.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Warrior

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

@DuckDuckBOOM.4097: thanks for answer, i will try it out.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>