Warrior nerf hello

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

http://dulfy.net/2014/01/17/gw2-ready-up-skill-and-balance-developer-livestream-notes/

Warrior
Warrior Healing Signet too strong (passive too high) – we have reduced the passive by about 8% (about 30 HP/s reduction). Improving the active so you have a reason to use the active. We want situations where you want to use the active.
Pin Down (Longbow #5 – apply immobilize and bleed) – Adding a new warm up effect so other players can see when you are using this skill and dodge it. Going to 0.25s to 0.75s cast

And a new signature for me “Elementalist/Dagger: Burning Speed – you will be evading while you are executing Burning Speed. Now you can use it as an evade option (i.e if you see a 100 blades coming in from enemy warrior, you can use it to evade)”Apparently 100 blades is getting a buff and not be useless in pvp/sarcasm.

(edited by mini.6018)

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: TomoHawkx.8139

TomoHawkx.8139

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not … these are tiny nerfs that wont affect and warrior that much.

[Rain]
Gandara
S/F ele Channel

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

mini.6018

I can’t tell if you’re trolling or not … these are tiny nerfs that wont affect and warrior that much.

Idk about other warriors but for pvp an increase from 0.25 to 0.75 is a pretty huge gamechanging kind of big deal.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

It is only on 1 skill, it was easy to dodge before and probably wont land ever on semi skilled players now. But still, these nerfs are ok in my opinion aswel.

It is the crit dmg change we’ll feel the hardest.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: DontJudgeMe.3958

DontJudgeMe.3958

It’s obvious that the mentioned nerf is about the secret of 100 blades.

Now everyone knows that dodge is super effective against 100 blades. Our GS has been nerfed to the ground and become useless.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: TomoHawkx.8139

TomoHawkx.8139

It’s obvious that the mentioned nerf is about the secret of 100 blades.

Now everyone knows that dodge is super effective against 100 blades. Our GS has been nerfed to the ground and become useless.

I only ever see cheesy runner regen warriors use GS anymore.

[Rain]
Gandara
S/F ele Channel

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

You guys realize 8% is 30hp less so roughly 300 hp not regenerated over 10 seconds. That’s like 1/4 of anyone’s auto attack. quit being cry babies and learn to actually combo properly.

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Sin.4130

Sin.4130

10% reduction in damage for maxed out full DPS builds. – this is very bad news for warriors who as melee class can win only due to solid dps.

ANet says – critical damage is fine in spvp, so why it isn’t fine in WvW, do we all have to blob not chose small scale fights?

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Yes, because an 8% nerf to healing signet nerfs the WHOLE CLASS. logic.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

These “end of the world” players come and go every single patch. Cracks me up. People told me after the hammer nerf, I’d suck, welp, here I am still 3 shotting people. Then they cry about an 8% decrease to HS.

It’s 300 hp over 10 seconds kids. 300 hp. If that worries you then you probably shouldn’t be playing.

Not to mention we dont even have all the notes yet. We already know that we can potentially get a damage boost in the ways of new rune sets and more sigil slots.

Quit crying. You warriors and your mood swings are giving me whiplash.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

mini.6018

Personally i could care less about healing signet even if it was deleted from the game but it’s already a fact that pindown will never hit anything ever again in a fight.0.5 would be huge nerf already but 0.75 it’s downright irresponsible.If they want to kill the bow so hard why they just don’t delete it and give us a viable weapon already because patch after patch we lose more of the already very few weapon choices for pvp and the ones that are unusable are still not being looked into.Basicly in 2 patches we lose bow,completely lost mace(ie how many mace wars u still see in spvp ?) and partially lost hammer wich is strictly tied to bow.Once bow will be nerfed enough we only remain with sword and axe/shield partially usable in spvp and that is a huge turnoff to keep playing this game.

(edited by mini.6018)

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

I think it’s garbage that they keep hitting warrior skills (which are already the most ridiculously telegraphed skills in game) longer charge up times like Skullcrack and Pindown when skills like clone swap shatter on mes that you can’t see with all the screen particles, engi pulls, most necro skills, etc etc exist.

Next is gonna be a charge up on all burst skills and 4s cast time on Earthshaker.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Personally i could care less about healing signet even if it was deleted from the game but it’s already a fact that pindown will never hit anything ever again in a fight.0.5 would be huge nerf already but 0.75 it’s downright irresponsible.If they want to kill the bow so hard why they just don’t delete it and give us a viable weapon already because patch after patch we lose more of the already very few weapon choices for pvp and the ones that are unusable are still not being looked into.Basicly in 2 patches we lose bow,completely lost mace(ie how many mace wars u still see in spvp ?) and partially lost hammer wich is strictly tied to bow.Once bow will be nerfed enough we only remain with sword and axe/shield partially usable in spvp and that is a huge turnoff to keep playing this game.

Indeed.. skull crack is 1/2 sec… if that already hurst try to land pin down on 3/4sec..
Against noobs its no problem.. but dueling against somewhat decent opponent will never get hit by this.. and its weapon heavily depends on this immob to land its burst also.. Anet nerfs every good weapon we got.. till we all run around trying to land the freaking boring last hit from Axe…
Before we had some usefull skills.. but we where lacking sustain, now we got sustain but they nerf every weapon skill.. cant that nerf some sustain so I can atleast land my skills?? try hitting a thief or ranger with there evade skills, they are fast! that how it should be… warrior becomes a very slooooooow class that soon everyone (already) can counter due to these lame long animations.. getting tired of Anet balancing idea’s..
Make it a 1/2 first… nope BAM!! 3/4!!! ….

I literally took swiftness on critical just to not be slow.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Kargath.6598

Kargath.6598

Here is what i am thinking, we get about 500-1000 people to complain about other classes on hourly basis, and demand buffs maybe arena net will stop nerfing our class.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Here is what i am thinking, we get about 500-1000 people to complain about other classes on hourly basis, and demand buffs maybe arena net will stop nerfing our class.

Umm, they did propose nerfs for all the other classes except ele I think. Sounds pretty fair to me. My guardian is actually losing more potential hps (30pvp-50wvw/pve) than my warrior AND an evade on top of that. HS nerf is practically nothing considering the active will get a buff. Pin down is still a very powerful attack, and still spells certain doom to some classes if it lands. Now it gives them better chance to avoid if played well. I doubt warrior will suffer much this patch.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: squeezebag.4618

squeezebag.4618

Warrior is the easiest most kitten y class in the game. They’re getting WAY too much passive healing without actually having to actually activate a heal that can be interrupted. Quit crying you got a 8% nerf, I was actually thinking more towards a 50% passive healing nerf.. and make the active actually have a use.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Warrior is the easiest most kitten y class in the game. They’re getting WAY too much passive healing without actually having to actually activate a heal that can be interrupted. Quit crying you got a 8% nerf, I was actually thinking more towards a 50% passive healing nerf.. and make the active actually have a use.

At that point I’d rather have something different as passive for healing signet.

Anything.

Even just changing your character’s voice with Schwarzenegger’s one.XD

Seriously, countless warrior players have asked for the same thing, and even more risk/reward changes.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Kargath.6598

if you dont have anything to contribute then get out of this forum. Pin down is going to be giant joke with every one being able to dodge it.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Arlette.9684

Arlette.9684

if you dont have anything to contribute then get out of this forum. Pin down is going to be giant joke with every one being able to dodge it.

Isn’t that true for all skills like that? O.o

Why so mad brah?

Moira Dreamweaver lvl 80 Guardian [TG], Sky Mira lvl 80 Ranger [TG]
Isle of Janthir
All is Vain

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Mightymealworm.8409

Only way to fix hs active is to increase the cool down. As long as cool down is 20 to 16 seconds the effect or amount will always have to be negligible. 40 (32) second cool down with about 8-9k heal is far more interesting a trade off.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Just thinking (do not lose your heads) but doesn’t the damage nerf and poison field nerf off set the healing nerf to signet in WvW at least?

The big nerf is to anyone no matter the class brave enough to run a burst power build in WvW. We could sit here and say who’s getting hit harder this class or the other. However, from power necro to thief anybody not on the condi band wagon is getting royally screwed. What was really happened is they disregarded the ridiculous investment the forced us into for ascended gear and offered no form of compensation other that it would effect WvW now moving on. I get the devs have a job to do and in their vision this is best for the future, but in truth it is moves like this that make you wonder if they play their own game.

One last note no one should want HS going back to the way it was. We asked for buffs we got them and they over did it. They didn’t even bother to buff the active and so many good suggestion were put out there for months before the buff and nothing was taken into considerations it seems like. They buffed the passive moved on and and despite months of complaints did nothing. An 8% nerf wont have a big effect. They could have nerfed it more and buffed the active to something useful.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Nuorus.8415

Nuorus.8415

Only way to fix hs active is to increase the cool down. As long as cool down is 20 to 16 seconds the effect or amount will always have to be negligible. 40 (32) second cool down with about 8-9k heal is far more interesting a trade off.

If that would be changed it would be the only heal used…

Feel free to argue with me. You learn something every time and it develops your personality.

People seems using word “trolling” out of context way too often…

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Mightymealworm.8409

If that would be changed it would be the only heal used…

It already is the only heal used. This would at least put a good sized cool down on passive. Bigger punishment to those who use bad timing and to the run and reengage guys.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Xernth.8561

Xernth.8561

If the HS active is on a long cooldown, and the HS passive is less healing than any of the various available options than the HS active will be the only thing that matters in deciding which healing skill to use. Think about it, if using the active puts a 30sec+ cooldown on the passive, and the active is worth using at all, your decision to use HS depends entirely on how good the active is because you’d have to figure the passive will almost always be unavailable.

Really the Devs are between a rock and a hard place. In an ideal world healing signet should go one of three ways:

It shouldn’t have an active at all.

or

It should have a short cooldown active that is useful enough to be worth using. However, balancing this option is going to be very difficult.

or

The passive should be heavily nerfed (lowered by a third?) but always on regardless of the cooldown of the active and the active should be good but on a prohibitively long cooldown (60sec+?).

What healing signet shouldn’t have is a long cooldown that turns off the passive, or the only thing that matters is how good the active is; presuming the passive isn’t much better than any active option. A long cooldown defeats the reason to have a good passive heal in the first place.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: Agnima.3714

Agnima.3714

Hard to say if the nerf to HS is really a nerf. Depends on how much more the healing use is increased honestly. HS all on its own is fairly weak honestly anyways, its only decent when paired with the healing regn buff, healing sigils or adrenal health. Without any support from outside sources its a fairly weak passive and heal and you are better off using Healing Surge or Mending.

Coupled with outside sources or bending your gear and traits to support it its powerful, but its not nearly what everyone likes to make it out to be. Gets tiring hearing everyone make it out like the warrior is regning 2000hps all because they see HS on his buff bar. 8% regn nerf for an active buff, bring it on, sounds like a buff to me if its fairly decent.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

warrior QQers are funny.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: MiniMe.1960

MiniMe.1960

The things that p..s me off with nerfs is that i have to grind again for trinkets, armour, sigils and runes .
Would be great when i could get the stuff in WvW like its done in sPvP.
All the build diversity theory crafting would be like a wet dream.
I run all 8 characters so every nerf will hit me. Warrior is still my favorite but maybe it will change in future.
I said it before and i say it again. I prefer challenge over easy win over useless.

Greezzz

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

These “end of the world” players come and go every single patch. Cracks me up. People told me after the hammer nerf, I’d suck, welp, here I am still 3 shotting people. Then they cry about an 8% decrease to HS.

It’s 300 hp over 10 seconds kids. 300 hp. If that worries you then you probably shouldn’t be playing.

Not to mention we dont even have all the notes yet. We already know that we can potentially get a damage boost in the ways of new rune sets and more sigil slots.

Quit crying. You warriors and your mood swings are giving me whiplash.

To be fair that list is not everything that is being changed. For all we know they are keeping the rest of nerfs hidden until the update on tuesday.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Warrior is the easiest most kitten y class in the game.

Sorry, that title has already been filled since launch, they’re called Thieves!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Warrior nerf hello

in Warrior

Kargath.6598

Warrior is the easiest most kitten y class in the game.

Sorry, that title has already been filled since launch, they’re called Thieves!

Confirmed