Warriors: Just F it

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

As I’m sure you all guessed, I of course, am referring to the use of our F keys. We currently have F1 as our burst as you all know, but what about F2? 3? 4?

Here is a short repost from another thread of mine, a series of additional burst skills, determined by a warriors 2handed or offhand weapon. {Brackets} indicate variables based on adrenal level.

Greatsword
F2 – Blade Cyclone: Spin in a circle, releasing a fiery shockwave that damages and burns nearby foes. Combo Field Fire, {1/2/3} Seconds, AOE Range 600

Axe
F2 – Dismember: A quick strike that hacks off a chunk of an opponents armor, leaving them more vulnerable to attacks for a short time. No damage, applies Vulnerability {5/10/15} for 10 seconds, Range 130, CT 1/4, CD 10.

Mace
F2 – Dustbowl: Slams your weapon into the ground, kicking up a cloud of dust, sand, ice, or dirt, blinding and confusing nearby foes for {1/2/3} seconds. Combo Field Smoke, {1/2/3} seconds, AOE Range 450.

Sword
F2 – Trailblazer: Charge forward, striking, burning, and bleeding all foes in a line, and leaving behind a trail of fire. Combo Field Fire, {1/2/3} seconds. Range 900.

Longbow
F2 – Infused Arrow: Charge an arrow with intense flames, before launching it at an enemy. On contact, the arrow will explode, knocking down all foes within 130 of the blast. CT 1.5

Rifle
F2 – Covering Fire: Lay down an extremely rapid fire volley of bullets, striking foes in a tight cone every second, for 5 seconds. Every hit has a 10% chance to inflict cripple for 1 second. CT 5/Channeled.

Hammer
F2 – Unheaval: Slams the ground, damaging foes and creating a ring of upturned earth thats impassible for {2/4/6} seconds. CT 3/4.

Shield
F2 – Shield Wall: Enter a stance where you block all attacks for {1/2/3} seconds, but may continue to attack and use skills. Damage you inflict during is reduced by 25%, and generate no adrenaline strikes.

Warhorn
F2 – Shatter Eardrums: A sonic shockwave that dazes all nearby foes for {1/1.5/2} seconds. CT 0, Range 450.

So now we have an alternate burst skill, making our offhand weapon more meaningful, and offering cool new options!

Next, I’d like to address both the “clunkiness” and unwieldy nature of banners, and our lack of an F3 or F4 button in one fell swoop!

Banners
Banners now work using a toggle on/off system, not unlike an engineers toolbelt. When toggled on, the banner is displayedon your characters back, and provides its passive bonuses to allies within range. The F3 and F4 buttons also become available, with F3 being Inspire, and F4 a banner specific skill. Only one banner may be active at a time, and toggling off/swapping banners will incur a 30 second cooldown. Banners can no longer be dropped, lost, stolen, etc.

F3 – Inspire: Nearby allies gain swiftness for 8 seconds. CT 1, CD 15
Largely unchanged from the current banners, with a slight duration nerf due to its increased ease of access

Strength Banner
Passive: +100 Power, +10% Condition Duration
F4 – Staggering Strike: Swing your banner in a circle, knocking, damaging, and applying vulnerability to all foes. Damage 750 @80, Range 130, Knockback 180, Whirl Finisher, CT 1, CD 15

Arms Banner
Passive: +100 Precision, +100 Condition Damage
F4 – Sharpened Strikes: Nearby allies will inflict 1 additional stack of bleeding on their next direct attack, CT 1, CD 15

Defense Banner
Passive: +100 Toughness, -10% Hostile Condition Duration
F4 – Steadfast: Nearby allies gain protection for 3 seconds, CT1, CD 15

Tactics Banner
Passive: +100 Healing, +10% Boon Duration
F4 – Compassion: Nearby allies heal 750 @80, and gain regen 5 seconds, CT 1, CD 15

Battle Standard (Elite)
Passive: +75 Power, +75 Precision, +75 Condition Damage
F4 – Final Crusade!: Nearby downed allies immediately rally, CT 2, CD 240

(edited by Dand.8231)

in Warrior

Posted by: Edenfer.9816

Edenfer.9816

I have to say that I like your ideas on the banners – my favorite warrior skills. But I cannot help but wonder if these changes will make them overpowered.
Isn’t the price of all the advantages a banner give, the “clunkiness” you describe?

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I have to say that I like your ideas on the banners – my favorite warrior skills. But I cannot help but wonder if these changes will make them overpowered.
Isn’t the price of all the advantages a banner give, the “clunkiness” you describe?

I have actually considered that.

To compensate, the stats on the banners I suggested above are slightly lower than the ones on the live banners. For example, live is 170 healing and 10% boon duration, while the one I suggested (tactics banner) is 100 heal, 10% boon. My suggested duration on inspire was reduce from live to compensate for its ease of use too. Finally, only a single banner can be active at a time, whereas before you could drop 3 banners and warbanner and get all the buffs (in theory anyway, though the reality is they get stolen in WvW, left behind in mobile fights or when AOE-death-rings appear, etc).

In my opinion (yours may vary) they’d balance out fairly nicely.

in Warrior

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

GS sounds nice; but doesnt really need another reason for every warr to use in pve (fire field>bannerblast; takes away one of longbows niches)

axe... not too keen on the sound of; vulnerability is nice sure; but its... a bit... meh

mace... love it; but itd be mostly used at 1bar just for something like an instant savage leap/evis through

sword... nothing really to say

longbow,... like; but i think itd be more fun (/annnoying) if it were ground targetted (and the same size aoe as a single nade), or maybe a line (with similar targetting to WW)

rifle... nice; how much range/damage though

hammer... bit too similar to RoW for my liking

shield; nice... but that +endure pain+endure pain trait+shield stance+whirlwind attack+dodges seems like a lot of mitigation; maybe balanced by a slower move speed as well?

warhorn... like; not used enough

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Warrior

Posted by: Ensio.8172

Ensio.8172

Cool ideas, actually there have been loads of them on these forums lately, here’s hoping the folks at Anet are paying attention.

Not too sure about the burning on sword attacks thematically. Longbow and burning arrows makes sense, burning swords not so much.

in Warrior

Posted by: Edenfer.9816

Edenfer.9816

To compensate, the stats on the banners I suggested above are slightly lower than the ones on the live banners. For example, live is 170 healing and 10% boon duration, while the one I suggested (tactics banner) is 100 heal, 10% boon. My suggested duration on inspire was reduce from live to compensate for its ease of use too. Finally, only a single banner can be active at a time, whereas before you could drop 3 banners and warbanner and get all the buffs (in theory anyway, though the reality is they get stolen in WvW, left behind in mobile fights or when AOE-death-rings appear, etc).

In my opinion (yours may vary) they’d balance out fairly nicely.

I’m sure there’s a way to balance the abilities but they would lose their flavor.
A banner dropping from the skies strikes fear into the opponents (a new trait idea) and looks awesome -let’s face it ^^.

I thought about something yesterday, maybe they could make them ground locked after being summoned -no one else can move them except the warrior who called it- and pressing F2 would unlock them.

in Warrior

Posted by: Karma.1459

Karma.1459

I’m just going to point out one thing.
A warriors greatsword has NOTHING to do with fire, nor should any of the other weapons excluding longbow.
Raw damage is the name of the game for warriors. Please remember that.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I’m just going to point out one thing.
A warriors greatsword has NOTHING to do with fire, nor should any of the other weapons excluding longbow.
Raw damage is the name of the game for warriors. Please remember that.

I’m not sure what type of warriors you have in mind, but warriors can do magic or have magic influence. Not every warrior is raw damage and what? you’re going to say roll a guardian because they produce fire?

Anyways I like the ideas because it gives warriors more options and if this was to happen or close. I can say we will see some classes that only have the F1 options will have some of these benefits too.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

As I’m sure you all guessed, I of course, am referring to the use of our F keys. We currently have F1 as our burst as you all know, but what about F2? 3? 4?

Here is a short repost from another thread of mine, a series of additional burst skills, determined by a warriors 2handed or offhand weapon. {Brackets} indicate variables based on adrenal level.

Greatsword
F2 – Blade Cyclone: Spin in a circle, releasing a fiery shockwave that damages and burns nearby foes. Combo Field Fire, {1/2/3} Seconds, AOE Range 600

Axe
F2 – Dismember: A quick strike that hacks off a chunk of an opponents armor, leaving them more vulnerable to attacks for a short time. No damage, applies Vulnerability {5/10/15} for 10 seconds, Range 130, CT 1/4, CD 10.

Mace
F2 – Dustbowl: Slams your weapon into the ground, kicking up a cloud of dust, sand, ice, or dirt, blinding and confusing nearby foes for {1/2/3} seconds. Combo Field Smoke, {1/2/3} seconds, AOE Range 450.

Sword
F2 – Trailblazer: Charge forward, striking, burning, and bleeding all foes in a line, and leaving behind a trail of fire. Combo Field Fire, {1/2/3} seconds. Range 900.

Longbow
F2 – Infused Arrow: Charge an arrow with intense flames, before launching it at an enemy. On contact, the arrow will explode, knocking down all foes within 130 of the blast. CT 1.5

Rifle
F2 – Covering Fire: Lay down an extremely rapid fire volley of bullets, striking foes in a tight cone every second, for 5 seconds. Every hit has a 10% chance to inflict cripple for 1 second. CT 5/Channeled.

Hammer
F2 – Unheaval: Slams the ground, damaging foes and creating a ring of upturned earth thats impassible for {2/4/6} seconds. CT 3/4.

Shield
F2 – Shield Wall: Enter a stance where you block all attacks for {1/2/3} seconds, but may continue to attack and use skills. Damage you inflict during is reduced by 25%, and generate no adrenaline strikes.

Warhorn
F2 – Shatter Eardrums: A sonic shockwave that dazes all nearby foes for {1/1.5/2} seconds. CT 0, Range 450.

So now we have an alternate burst skill, making our offhand weapon more meaningful, and offering cool new options!

Next, I’d like to address both the “clunkiness” and unwieldy nature of banners, and our lack of an F3 or F4 button in one fell swoop!

Banners
Banners now work using a toggle on/off system, not unlike an engineers toolbelt. When toggled on, the banner is displayedon your characters back, and provides its passive bonuses to allies within range. The F3 and F4 buttons also become available, with F3 being Inspire, and F4 a banner specific skill. Only one banner may be active at a time, and toggling off/swapping banners will incur a 30 second cooldown. Banners can no longer be dropped, lost, stolen, etc.

F3 – Inspire: Nearby allies gain swiftness for 8 seconds. CT 1, CD 15
Largely unchanged from the current banners, with a slight duration nerf due to its increased ease of access

Strength Banner
Passive: +100 Power, +10% Condition Duration
F4 – Staggering Strike: Swing your banner in a circle, knocking, damaging, and applying vulnerability to all foes. Damage 750 @80, Range 130, Knockback 180, Whirl Finisher, CT 1, CD 15

Arms Banner
Passive: +100 Precision, +100 Condition Damage
F4 – Sharpened Strikes: Nearby allies will inflict 1 additional stack of bleeding on their next direct attack, CT 1, CD 15

Defense Banner
Passive: +100 Toughness, -10% Hostile Condition Duration
F4 – Steadfast: Nearby allies gain protection for 3 seconds, CT1, CD 15

Tactics Banner
Passive: +100 Healing, +10% Boon Duration
F4 – Compassion: Nearby allies heal 750 @80, and gain regen 5 seconds, CT 1, CD 15

Battle Standard (Elite)
Passive: +75 Power, +75 Precision, +75 Condition Damage
F4 – Final Crusade!: Nearby downed allies immediately rally, CT 2, CD 240

I agree greatly on your weapon F2 idea, but not on Banners.

I like Banners are Environmental weapons that others can use. but I want them to also have Burst skills as well as better unique skills rather than most of the skills being the same.

Banner system in general was ok idea but badly done. Just give them a burst skill idea like the OP and make the 1-5 skills unique to each Banner like all weapons are.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nevarato.3178

Nevarato.3178

They all sound great except for the longbow, it sounds a lot like kill shot which is just asking for trouble, make it ground targeted. Although the 2 skills should share the same cooldown, or else someone could easily burst 3 skills with berseker stance. And having both, might give too much versatility, especially the sword off hand one. So maybe make it so it requires a full bar of adrenaline to use, as they seem to be more powerful than their counter parts.

But banners seem a bit too much. Maybe gain the ability to carry it with you and extra skills, through the use of a grandmaster trait.

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Whoah whoah wtf, why you get rid of crit dmg on banner?

in Warrior

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’m not sure what type of warriors you have in mind, but warriors can do magic or have magic influence.

Technically, their concept is that they don’t need or use magic. Just like Engineer, neither relies on magic effects (none of their abilities are magical by any means) but you can interpret the concept of a Warrior per-character…I know my Asura Warrior is basically fused with Chaos magic which gives him ridiculous physical strength, comparable to a Norn, despite it being physically improbably for a creature of his size.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I’m not sure what type of warriors you have in mind, but warriors can do magic or have magic influence.

Technically, their concept is that they don’t need or use magic. Just like Engineer, neither relies on magic effects (none of their abilities are magical by any means) but you can interpret the concept of a Warrior per-character…I know my Asura Warrior is basically fused with Chaos magic which gives him ridiculous physical strength, comparable to a Norn, despite it being physically improbably for a creature of his size.

Haha it’s good to know that some people realizes warriors aren’t just raw damage types in general. Just only in some MMO’s

Pineapples