Warriors: Please Use Banners

in Warrior

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Preferably all of them, if you’re the only warrior in the party. If nothing else, at least take Discipline + Strength + Battle Standard. The stat bonuses you get from them are huge and cost you virtually nothing. You don’t need to trait for banners to get 75% uptime on them, and you can carry them between fights. If there is another warrior in the party, figure out who takes what and free up the extra utility slot, but one way or another, if there is a warrior in the party, I should be seeing multiple banners on the field.

There really isn’t anything you can even take that is ever better than banners. Banner of Discipline is typically worth 15% extra damage and Strength is worth about 8%. That’s the equivalent of having 15 stacks of might at all times for only two utilities, and more importantly, it doesn’t overlap with actually having 15 stacks of might, which means you can stack up all your banners while a guardian or engineer stacks everyone to 25 might and watch as even tanky party members in soldier gear dish out outrageous damage.

Oh, and ALWAYS take Battle Standard. It is worth about 70 seconds of Fury and 3 stacks of might and more imporantly, the boon application stacks. That means that 5 warriors with Battle Standards could potentially get 15 stacks of might for free just by dropping their banners on a boss, on top of the aforementioned 25% boost from the other two banners. That is a 50%, read it again, FIFTY percent boost to party DPS just from dropping a few fire-and-forget utility skills.

This will be doubly important after the next patch due to the DPS nerfs, which means that if people are taking warriors, they’ll be taking them for their support buffs, not for their DPS. Always good to play to your strengths.

Oh, and that applies to Empower Allies, too. With the new patch it’ll be up to 150 power to the entire party, which is like a whole another Banner of Strength right there. You’d be doing the entire party a disservice by not taking it.

(edited by Guanglai Kangyi.4318)

in Warrior

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I will only use banners if they become fully mobile, we are /not/ a buff class.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Warrior

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Only if you substitute out these “guardians and engineers” for other warriors.

If all we need is more deeps then substituting out classes that do less deeps for ones that do more will be much more useful than gimping the only warrior in your group by forcing it to go banner build.

I have no idea where you’re getting this idea that warriors will still be anything but king of pve next patch. Warriors only useful for party buffs? LOL ok you do that and see how it goes.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in Warrior

Posted by: Night Sentry.3902

Night Sentry.3902

I’m all DEEPS, ain’t nobody got time for dat

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

This is a troll post nice one OP

in Warrior

Posted by: Rednaxela.9476

Rednaxela.9476

I agree with OP 100%. If you are doing PvE (dungeons) and want to be a useful party member and a teamplayer, than throw down those banners!

15% crit dmg is a huge damage buff.
+180 to all stats (when using all 4 banners) talk about OP utility skills hehe

:D Love it!

Nietzschens – 80 Warr / Siri Golightly – 80 Ele / Siri Rhaegar – 80 Guardian
[SOL] Sanctum of Legends; ‘The Forgotten’ ~Eredon 4 Life~

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Warriors absolutely are a buff class; if you do a numbers crunch you will see that guardians and engineers actually deal more than warriors, but I’ve brought that up numerous times and it’s besides the point of this topic. A 25% party increase is a 25% party increase regardless of the total DPS of said party. It also costs you absolutely nothing to bring; I have run DPS warrior myself and have packed two banners. In fact, if you do not otherwise have banners, it actually increases your own DPS more than any other utility you could be bringing in their place.

I have seen groups with three warriors where NO banners were being dropped. That is an absolute waste. I can’t imagine what utilities you need so badly that of nine utility slots between three players, not a single one of them can be spared to drop a banner to boost the party’s damage output by 15%. When I mentioned this I was told to bring the banners myself, because of course the engineer should be the one putting warrior buffs on everyone.

In case anyone is curious, an optimally-specced DPS engineer under the effects of two banners outputs about 8k DPS. A guardian outputs about 7.5k, and a warrior gets about 7.2k. Warriors are just more consistent about being able to apply their own boons so their average DPS looks higher.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Warriors absolutely are a buff class; if you do a numbers crunch you will see that guardians and engineers actually deal more than warriors, but I’ve brought that up numerous times and it’s besides the point of this topic. A 25% party increase is a 25% party increase regardless of the total DPS of said party. It also costs you absolutely nothing to bring; I have run DPS warrior myself and have packed two banners. In fact, if you do not otherwise have banners, it actually increases your own DPS more than any other utility you could be bringing in their place.

I have seen groups with three warriors where NO banners were being dropped. That is an absolute waste. I can’t imagine what utilities you need so badly that of nine utility slots between three players, not a single one of them can be spared to drop a banner to boost the party’s damage output by 15%. When I mentioned this I was told to bring the banners myself, because of course the engineer should be the one putting warrior buffs on everyone.

In case anyone is curious, an optimally-specced DPS engineer under the effects of two banners outputs about 8k DPS. A guardian outputs about 7.5k, and a warrior gets about 7.2k. Warriors are just more consistent about being able to apply their own boons so their average DPS looks higher.

Luckily we are getting damage nerfs to compensate for this lack of damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Well unlike most people i’m not a selfish warrior, so when i’m in a dungeon I usually do use my banners. I keep “For Great Justice” because well, its freaking awesome, and stick on 2 other banners depending on the situation. And if necessary, i’ll sometimes swap out my signet of rage for my elite banner. That can be a lifesaver if i’m with a bunch of randoms and they all get downed. The other party members should be able to cover whatever im missing by not taking my usual utilites and I feel i’m contributing more to the party as a whole with the banners anyway.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

No.

/…….

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

it’s weird seeing you here, GK.

bump, banners should be an obvious choice. And this misconception that Warriors are better than other classes in DPS is killing PuGs

(edited by lmaonade.9207)

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

I’m okay with using Banner of Discipline/Strength but the elite banner’s uptime is just too pathetic for me to actually use it. Not to mention how the res (and banner of defense’s stats) are pointless in a party that knows what it’s doing.

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

No, banners are for greedy team members who wants to deal even more damage than they already do. You don’t need those extra buffs in a fight when you can already dish a ton of damage without those. You first need a source of stability as a Warrior when you are melee to counter the eventual KB you are gonna get, that is one of your utility slot that is already used, and you need the controls like kick, stomp, fear me, when your team mates are down and in trouble to give them the time needed to get back on their feets.

The only thing I could agree with is the Battle Standart wich is the best team elite utility the Warrior has to offer, but the rest of the banners are a complete waste of utility unless you trait for it. Not because the buffs are bad, but because they waste an utility slot for a flat statistic buff while you could have taken something more usefull to cover your team mates with instead.

in Warrior

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

This is in PVE. Nobody gives a kitten about PVE.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

So… if warriors used their utilities to survive, with banners they’d just die.

But as a warrior, I should be happy my banners will finish the dungeon.XD

(Why didn’t they introduce the banner class?)

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Enmity.3428

Enmity.3428

In other words, Warriors – go get your f******g shinebox.

in Warrior

Posted by: Causic.3798

Causic.3798

I don’t like banners so I will never use them.
Except for Battle Standard in WvW, but that is the only one.

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

:)

Using banners as a warrior in dungeons is a no-brainer and a must do. This thread does not provide new information, but a lot of blocklist material.

(edited by Molch.2078)

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

glad man, always have discipline banner ready in boss fight in high level fotm with FGJ and OMM

pvp its just a joke.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Hm..I will start to use 5 signet build now.

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

I always bring For Great Justice, Banner of Discipline, Banner of Strength, and Battle Standard (sometimes Signet of Rage in places like AC path 1 when I’m gonna need swiftness). I enjoy being able to go full Berserker doing insane damage then increase my own and parties damage even further using Banners.

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Copenhagen.7015

Copenhagen.7015

I always use Disc banner. The the amount of precision and crit % it provides is amazing. Also for Swiftness moving between pulls.

in Warrior

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

With the proper gear, traits and food you can tick well over 400 regen with Inspiring Banners as well.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

in Warrior

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Threads like these show exactly why none of the other classes feel sorry anytime you guys get nerfs. You guys just don’t understand how DPS is a team function. There’s more to it than just who popped the biggest number on some trash boss.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I run 2 banners with increased radius and perma-regen (plus the warbanner for crisis management). Add in a little sword/horn with AoE condition removal on 4 and 5 and ‘for great justice’ and I get by in groups just fine .

My numbers look like trash, but the TEAM is a roflcopter burning through dungeons.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Warrior

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Threads like these show exactly why none of the other classes feel sorry anytime you guys get nerfs. You guys just don’t understand how DPS is a team function. There’s more to it than just who popped the biggest number on some trash boss.

really like what? using CC on a boss that has defiant? using a class dedicated to chills when full DPS teams do it fine without it? sounds like you have never seen strifes videos

in Warrior

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

I’m okay with using Banner of Discipline/Strength but the elite banner’s uptime is just too pathetic for me to actually use it. Not to mention how the res (and banner of defense’s stats) are pointless in a party that knows what it’s doing.

Yeah the 33% ish uptime with the trait is pretty sad, but it’s still a lot more useful as a whole than Signet of Rage, during boss encounters plop it down and you get a party wide perma 3-4 stacks of might and fury (until the banner is over at least), freeing up the slot that FGJ used to take, or even not if you choose to take it for more might stackage and extending fury for fights that take longer than the 65 seconds warbanner lasts.

really like what? using CC on a boss that has defiant? using a class dedicated to chills when full DPS teams do it fine without it? sounds like you have never seen strifes videos

lolwut, he’s talking about how about half the people in this thread fail to see that banners/party support is an obvious choice for warriors.

in Warrior

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I want to say just one thing – alert, it’s strictly WvW related:

drop that useless signet of Rage and slot the awesome Battle Standard in wvw zerg battles.

You should have 30 in Tactics line (for healing shouts) which means 30% boon duration, and Quick Breathing (for extra cond removal).
With that setup the Horn n°4 recharges in 12sec and grants 13sec of Swiftness, making it nearly perma just by spamming it (“nearly” due to cast+aftercast, it’s like 1 sec of drop), plus Sword MH for leaps (main dmg weapon hammer).
Might is stacked with blast finishers (remember that now Horn 5 is a blast too) and fury by multiple warriors FGJ, so please drop the elite sig for banner.
AoE downed/Npc(manly lords. it’s bug, but used anyway) res + blast + boons is so much better.

(all referring to usual Hammer+S/H 0/0/25/30/15 or so shout build for zerging)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Warrior

Posted by: AlBundy.7851

AlBundy.7851

don’t forget the 10 guardians you need to nut hug as well

in Warrior

Posted by: Ambrecombe.4398

Ambrecombe.4398

CC on bosses is never about stunning them long enough to mitigate their attacks, it’s all about resseting their powerfull abilities back on cooldowns. Defiant is not a problem at all if you are in a well coordinated team, you should always dedicate someone to interupt the boss while the rest helps to get some of the defiant stacks off. If you interupt an attack on a boss you can basicaly negate his most powerfull attacks, wich protects all of your team mates, and offers way more than anything available in game.

While yes banners have some good uses in teams for the overall dps buff it gives, it is fortunatly for us not the only viable option in groups. An interupt warrior can work around and be effective, its all about play style and preferences, if you don’t like it, don’t pick us but know that I will never play with guys like you because I don’t force you or anyone into picking “x” ability.

Finaly, if you wan’t to get that buff so badly, and share it with everyone, just play a Warrior and get over with it…

in Warrior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Banner of Discipline is the only one worth taking. It always kittens me when another Warrior without banner healing calls dibs on it. Then I am forced to use the next best banner, Banner of Tactics. Bringing me up to +40% Boon Duration which brings me to my next point about Signet of Rage with Lyssa Runes and Signet Mastery traited…. Having Protection, Retal and Stability when eating a boss hit makes me feel like a friggin Guardian, even though I’m clad in Zerkers….
Also screw Battle Standard! It’s good for one battle then on CD for the rest of the dungeon, be serious.

Obviously not for CoF farming, spare me your condescending ‘DPS’ Warrior nonsense.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

It totally depends on party make up and where your at. As a shout heal warrior with soldier runes if I’m running with 4 glass that can’t stay up I’m not going to run banners. If dying isn’t an issue then I’ll use some banners, in wvw I just don’t use banners they just not as reliable healing source as shouts for roaming.

On something like lupi I make all the warriors run warbanners.

tldr

Banners are situational

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

Ironically today I had a Warrior that used all Banners (including BoD which I had already claimed!) After the first mob he started whining at us to carry his banners, to which I responded with /laugh and off I went with my own banner in hand, the team ignoring him also… It is a huge inconvenience and an unreasonable thing to expect from a PuG. On another note, to be Warrior worth taking you should be clad in Berserker’s gear, without any utility you’re just as vulnerable as a rubbish Signet Warrior…
Also I would never touch another Warrior’s banner and it still kittens me off when people pick up mine. It’s like “No no no, you are not helping, look at that you’re doing it all wrong, where’s the swiftness? We’re nearly at the next mob where’s that fury? And you didn’t even use the Rush, see I’d be there by now, useless you are!” …. I can be a very vocal player.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Warrior

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Ironically today I had a Warrior that used all Banners (including BoD which I had already claimed!) After the first mob he started whining at us to carry his banners, to which I responded with /laugh and off I went with my own banner in hand, the team ignoring him also… It is a huge inconvenience and an unreasonable thing to expect from a PuG. On another note, to be Warrior worth taking you should be clad in Berserker’s gear, without any utility you’re just as vulnerable as a rubbish Signet Warrior…
Also I would never touch another Warrior’s banner and it still kittens me off when people pick up mine. It’s like “No no no, you are not helping, look at that you’re doing it all wrong, where’s the swiftness? We’re nearly at the next mob where’s that fury? And you didn’t even use the Rush, see I’d be there by now, useless you are!” …. I can be a very vocal player.

Found it amusing that you act so elitest when using an awful build.

in Warrior

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

After the first mob he started whining at us to carry his banners, to which I responded with /laugh and off I went with my own banner in hand, the team ignoring him also… It is a huge inconvenience and an unreasonable thing to expect from a PuG.

Bizarre. Actually I’m always a little startled how often other people grab my banners and tote them along. I usually just fire-and-forget: I have two so I can easily alternate back and forth to maintain continuous, mobile regen coverage with quite a bit of overlap time. Pick them up? If we move out from one and the hits start piling up I just drop the other without comment. Part of being support is fluidly enhancing the play of whatever group you’ve got. Carpet bombing an area with multiple banners to stack buffs is something I do soloing veterans/champs, not in groups.

With 4 banners to choose from, I’ve never had trouble coordinating with a fellow banner warrior. I just change out to whatever the other guy is not using after the first fight were I see what color of curtains he’s hanging. And regen banner warriors are crazy rare in pugs. If I do meet one, there’s plenty of other Tactics traits I can swap too. Even more so if this patch looks anything like the leaked note. That combined longbow trait will be very nice.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

you know this is some range class whining about not be close enough to melee to get shout buffs and doesn’t wanna leave their lazy spot at max range and expects to be getting amazing buffs so they can do even more damage and look better while the guys in the front line give up their survival utility.

#ELEtism

in Warrior

Posted by: Tyrion.4259

Tyrion.4259

I want to say just one thing – alert, it’s strictly WvW related:

drop that useless signet of Rage and slot the awesome Battle Standard in wvw zerg battles.

You should have 30 in Tactics line (for healing shouts) which means 30% boon duration, and Quick Breathing (for extra cond removal).
With that setup the Horn n°4 recharges in 12sec and grants 13sec of Swiftness, making it nearly perma just by spamming it (“nearly” due to cast+aftercast, it’s like 1 sec of drop), plus Sword MH for leaps (main dmg weapon hammer).
Might is stacked with blast finishers (remember that now Horn 5 is a blast too) and fury by multiple warriors FGJ, so please drop the elite sig for banner.
AoE downed/Npc(manly lords. it’s bug, but used anyway) res + blast + boons is so much better.

(all referring to usual Hammer+S/H 0/0/25/30/15 or so shout build for zerging)

If you’re into the ZERG type fighting. Depends purely on playstyle. Supporting your zerg team like this is a great idea and one I would do too if I couldn’t stand the mindless press 1 2 crap warfare zerg fighting does. Plus, memory issues and overall lag up the ying yang.

Otherwise, a warrior solo guy like me specs to do damage and relies on the greatsword for mobility and runes for perma signet of rage. I’m not a PvE fan either.

My point? Depends purely on what you want to get out of the game. If there were instance fights of 20 on 20 or less I’d consider it because then it’s more strategic. These days at least in my fighting experiences it’s who gets the jump on who and who outnumbers the other. The strategy really has nothing to do with the fight but the planning and where to hit next before the opponent can respond, regardless of how you’re specced. Sure a fight or two you might make a difference in a zerg fight but I’m not convinced it will really make a difference every time.

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

you know this is some range class whining about not be close enough to melee to get shout buffs and doesn’t wanna leave their lazy spot at max range and expects to be getting amazing buffs so they can do even more damage and look better while the guys in the front line give up their survival utility.

Of course you say this recognizing that there is no shout buff worth taking over a flat 25% damage boost to the entire party? OMM is a short burst of +10% damage and FGJ is worth about 5% damage if you already have fury. That means you get +15% for 10 seconds tops from both shouts combined, which as I’ve already noted is exactly the same as what you get with ONE banner.

I should also note that this benefits you as the warrior too because the faster the mob goes down, the less damage you as a the melee class will take. Even if you’re being a longbow or rifle baby or something, you should consider that if your frontline thieves or guardians go down, you’re next after that.

Simply put, more DPS = easier fights. That’s why the easiest way to kill Lupicus is to stack on him and melee him to death. Fewer chances to mess up and wipe.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Of course you say this recognizing that there is no shout buff worth taking over a flat 25% damage boost to the entire party? OMM is a short burst of +10% damage and FGJ is worth about 5% damage if you already have fury. That means you get +15% for 10 seconds tops from both shouts combined, which as I’ve already noted is exactly the same as what you get with ONE banner.

I should also note that this benefits you as the warrior too because the faster the mob goes down, the less damage you as a the melee class will take. Even if you’re being a longbow or rifle baby or something, you should consider that if your frontline thieves or guardians go down, you’re next after that.

Simply put, more DPS = easier fights. That’s why the easiest way to kill Lupicus is to stack on him and melee him to death. Fewer chances to mess up and wipe.

Or just bring 5 guardians. More DPS, Easier fight, can’t die ever even if AFK.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’ll use banners when they’re not a HUGE pain in the rear. When I can wear them on my back and use them like the engineer toolbelt, or toggle them on/off like engineer kits.

IE, I;ll use them when they’re not….
Clunky: Trying to pick them up only to start harvesting/rezzing instead. Or try to quick-drop them only to end up getting the swap glitch and being stuck on the wrong weapon for 9 seconds.

Slow: Summoning time 1s, running to banner location after running/dodging around fighting 1-3s, pickup time 1.5s, ability cast time 1s. That’s between 4-6 seconds, during which you’re getting hammered. kitten that noise. kitten it.

Immobile: Drop a banner, and the opponent(s) im fighting just back away from the banners AOE range, forcing me to leave it behind to pursue. Using more than 1 banner at a time is even worse, you WILL be leaving 1 or more behind unless teammates cooperate. Guess how often they do that?
Spoiler Alert: Almost Never.

So OP, you want a banner warrior around so badly? Go play one. Tell me how much “fun” it is to be a buff bot who spends all his time managing a set of clunky, slow, boring, utility skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Banners for now needs:

- No cast time for pickup.
- Revive alies on summon.
- Damage and grants blast finisher on summon and on plant standard (without trait).

A imobile and inactive summon needs grants good reward for be viable.
Carry 2 or more at same time are unthinkable. I agree with boost advantages instead be able to wear in back.

Strength -> 300 power and 300 condition dmg.
Defence – > 300 toughness and 300 vitality.
Dicipline -> 300 precision and 30% critical dmg.
Tatics --—-> 300 healing power and +30% boon duration.
Batle —-—-> -30% skills recharge (do not afect batle standard).

Yes please, make warrior in PvE even more overpoverd.

But I agree with no cast time on pick up.

in Warrior

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Banners for now needs:

- No cast time for pickup.
- Revive alies on summon.
- Damage and grants blast finisher on summon and on plant standard (without trait).

A imobile and inactive summon needs grants good reward for be viable.
Carry 2 or more at same time are unthinkable. I agree with boost advantages instead be able to wear in back.

Strength -> 300 power and 300 condition dmg.
Defence – > 300 toughness and 300 vitality.
Dicipline -> 300 precision and 30% critical dmg.
Tatics --—-> 300 healing power and +30% boon duration.
Batle —-—-> -30% skills recharge (do not afect batle standard).

That sounds outrageously OP. Banners are pretty OP currently already.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Warriors DPS isn’t being nerfed that much anyways. 100b is still viable axe is still viable, the only thing that isn’t viable is the axe/mace GS swap set up.

Banners should be used however I do agree however, in most cases battle standard is not a great banner to rely on. Since it may not be up for every major boss fight in an instance, and the party should already be capped with might with 3 warriors and 1 mes, also most fights shouldn’t take much longer than 1 min in which the party can stay capped with fury aswell.

In the next patch though I think 2 war 1 mes 1 guard and 1 ele will be the optimal set up. Since eles will now provide great fury and might stacking.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

20-25% is not much?

HAhaha…. lol…. sorry…

Might as well reroll after this :P

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

i just read a couple above posts.

1st Guardian especially 5 is not more dps than even just 3 warriors.
2nd Warriors should already be taking banners as disc provides at the very least a 10% damage buff to the group, while str is around 8-10%. Im not saying that if you’re the only warrior you need to use both, but at the very least disc.

I still disagree with battle standard though, it is mainly a PvP skill for its hard res ability and it generates swiftness a usekitten on during boss encounters. Sure fury and might are great for the group as a whole but again it is not always up for every fight, unless your group has very low dps, in which case standard probably isn’t going to see its full potential anyways.

@jetwing 300 stats is like maxing out an entire trait line, a bit op really.
@Guanglai Kangyi the flat buff is worth taking true, but your bar as a warrior should never have more than 1 banner on it. even in fights like GL FgJ+OOM+1banner is optimal, even though OOM is “burst” during his phase 2 aoe when the mesmer feedbacks thats another 10% damage.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

2nd Warriors should already be taking banners as disc provides at the very least a 10% damage buff to the group, while str is around 8-10%. Im not saying that if you’re the only warrior you need to use both, but at the very least disc.

I still disagree with battle standard though, it is mainly a PvP skill for its hard res ability and it generates swiftness a usekitten on during boss encounters. Sure fury and might are great for the group as a whole but again it is not always up for every fight, unless your group has very low dps, in which case standard probably isn’t going to see its full potential anyways.

Think about your statement, then laugh at yourself.

Guardians really arn’t as kitten as you think they are, they can actually have quite scary DPS.

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

but they ARE! they are buffing all those passives to the point where its better to run a minor trait and a signet over a clunky kitten banner that got “buffed” a couple months ago. that entire buff was a joke. Only warriors have banners so they buffed them but they planned to buff all effects that increased stats anyways. oddly enough guess who got the least amount of buffing on their signets! The banner buff was a shamm!

in Warrior

Dempsey.8760

Think about your statement, then laugh at yourself.

Guardians really arn’t as kitten as you think they are, they can actually have quite scary DPS.

I don’t think guardians are crap, the guild i run with DnT might have heard of us. Runs full zerk guards, because they do have good dps. But they still even at full dps spec only have 3/4 of a warriors, and even then it just comes down to how good the warrior is at his/her rotation.

And really 5 guardians do not have enough fury uptime that 3 warriors do, they might be able to keep 25 might and vuln, but fury would be the biggest killer on their dps.

(edited by Dempsey.8760)

in Warrior

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I hate using banners cause they are awkward but I usually carry 1 with me in dungeons. Anymore than that gimps my build. I prefer to have a couple of useful utilities like Endure Pain and SoS, as for the elite I don’t run anything but SoR (low CD when traited) cause it would just be a waste of lyssa runes without it. If you want more banners roll a warrior and bring them yourself.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Warrior

Dolan.3071

Found it amusing that you act so elitest when using an awful build.

Me? Elitist? I surprise myself with how patient I can be (sometimes) in dungeons. Banners are just a pet peeve of mine, and a knee-jerk reaction to despise banner thieves.

But I’ll bite at that last part, bear in mind I purely PuG so a Guardian on the team isn’t always a definite, as well as my build isn’t just a CoF1 farming tool. How is my build awful?

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)