Warriors abandoned to themselves.

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I do pvp a ton on many chars but my Warrior is just a desperate case of “class abandoned to itself”.

Let’s see what we have.

Worst gap closers: 3 out of 4 are still bugged
Rush and Bull can fail by design, by bug, and they can be avoided by walking, not even dodging.
Sometimes they fail even against standing people. No fix has come yet, doubt we’ll ever see one because if they were fixable they would work by now.
Bolas is too slow, you don’t even need to dodge it just moving avoids it; even poor Warrior NPCs in WvW never hit you with their bolas if you’re not standing still.
Sword leap is the only one that sort of comes close to what other classes have – too bad it sits on the most UP of Warrior weapons.
How many of you get sword mainhand on a secondary set just for the leap?
It should not be acceptable that our only working gap closer sits on sword and everything else is bugged.

Worst elite:
Most classes have built-in speedbuff of some sort or utility-based swiftness.
Warrior needs to bust, wair for it… AN ELITE…. AND it’s not even enough!
You also need to get +swift duration / boon duration for it to cover the uptime, usually having to waste rune slots.
Compare this to Dagger storm which throws tons of ricochet daggers for loads of damage plus bleeds, while also reflecting projectiles and also getting stability, SoR is a joke in comparison.
Other elites aren’t even worth mentioning.

Worst profession skills:
- Earthshaker is bugged and sometimes fails even if you land on one’s head.
- Eviscerate now is easy to fail as the built-in gap closer is almost impairing the land rate of the skill – not to mention that if it doesn’t crit it’s joke damage.
- Arcing slice? Possibly worst profession skill in the game.
- Killshot, make sure the target is not aware of you else it’s like the skill isn’t even there.

Zero ways to disengage:
Yes that’s it. There is no way you’re escaping anyone with a brain on a Warrior, once your worst-than-anyone-else’s death-delaying tools are gone, you’re dead.
We don’t even have a guaranteed way to avoid a stake like most classes.

But Warriors have, ah yes, the DOMOGES.
Except that Warrior’s damage is comparable to other classes normally (actually less than thief or ele).
We have some bursty skills that come with built-in flaws, so they need to be setup by using… wait for it… the bugged gap closers mentioned earlier!
Castrated damage skills that rely on bugged gap closers.
It sounds like a good joke, except the joke is on Warriors.

But Warriors have the “sturdy body”.
3 seconds of immortality (EP lasts 3s period, tooltip still states 5) defines a sturdy body?
Even Rangers and Eles access to much superior versions of the same skill.
Mesmers can deny a lot more damage through clones, Guards have protection/heals, Thieves have stealth, Necros got DS+protection, even poor Engies have better ways of avoiding damage.
High health pool matters zero in this game that’s all about avoiding damage or dying.
Remember that guy with 3500 armor & EP/DP hammer build making videos?
He had nearly the same survivability that other classes get by default by going full defense.

And this was the “most complete class”?
Maybe 4 months ago, when other classes weren’t developed, but now Warrior PvP is an uphill struggle against bugs and lack of development.
Warrior is by far the most suffering and underdeveloped class to me.
Every time I return to my good old Warrior char I come away more and more disappointed, to the point I’m considering to salvage his gear.
A Warrior can’t bunker solo, can’t roam solo, can’t solo anyone with a brain, can’t can’t can’t.

Even my melee power Necro is miles better than the Warrior currently is; it has much, much more damage resistance, similar damage and WORKING gap closers.

I just had to vent this because I put a lot of effort in my Warrior just to have an handicapped goat who’s outclassed by everyone at anything and has a ton of BUGS on core, important skills.

By fixing the gap closers alone this class would perform 800% better, how many more months do I have to wait before I can undust my Warrior and play without being swarmed by failed designs and bugs?

Sorry about the tone but this class is 5 months too late on bugfixing and proper PvP skill design.

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

PvP for me is like a testing ground to see how much each build i try fails faster or slower (regardless if its a common one like GS-axe/shield zerk, or Shout bunker builds to totally weird builds that really wouldn’t work anyways)

I do consider myself decent at PvP enough to say its not a L2P issue and say that warrior design is lacking in alot of places (bugs/traits/lack of build viability/poor special ability system [adrenaline]). Albeit i love my warrior, and will never play another class (i played them all and tried numerous things on them only to make me feel more depressed about my warrior, only engineer was somewhat close to feeling as unrefined) because i love the warrior concepts from every mmo i ever played. I will struggle forever to make my warrior capable of really making a serious difference in PvP.

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I actually like Rush, to me it usually it is one of the better gap closers and it actually lands on people more often than not and sets me up pretty well for melee.

Bulls charge to me seems kinda buggy in my opinion. It has 900 range if I am not mistaken. However if you are within the max range of this skill it obviously will not land because your opponent probably moved outside the range. So it is better to use when you are within 600 or so range so it will land more often. Still though, can be easily dodged and it suffers from pathing issues. That and it has a 40 second cooldown, kinda brutal.

Bolas is not a bad skill, just the fact that Warriors need to take up their utility slots with single target CC just to set them up for melee combat kinda sucks. It does offer a great immobilize however and synergizes pretty well with other CC type moves.

I agree with you on the point you made about the sword. The leap is really nice, but the sword is underwhelming compared to the axe. The F1 is great, but I find the burst a little to weak for my liking. I would like to run with a rifle/axe-mace build for WvW, but seeing how I have no mobility prevents me from doing that, unless I pick another melee weapon like a greatsword instead of the rifle for mobility.

I don’t find the swiftness to be much of an issue, as some of the gap closers on our weapons can cover ground fairly well. We can also invest in boon duration, signet mastery or a warhorn so I don’t really think it is that bad. It is a decent elite skill, it is just a shame that it is pretty much our only option.

All professions have their share of bad skills, eviscerate is better used as a finisher when you have your opponent CC’ed. Arcing slice, yeah it is pretty bad. Killshot is better suited for picking a target amongst a zerg, rather than having much 1v1 or small skirmish practicality.

Our disengage isn’t the best, but we do have mobile strikes which isn’t bad. We can’t really outrun thieves or elementalists whatsoever. I think our lack of deaggroing and detargeting is what hurts us and the ease to which we are focused. With many people going glass cannons, warriors are pretty much as squishy as any other class and easy to focus so that adds to the profession’s reputation.

You are kind of right about the damage thing. Many classes can DPS without much effort, however, much of our damage relies on CC’ing targets and putting our kitten on the line. Now I don’t mind putting my kitten on the line (that is what makes warriors fun) but having to CC targets in order to get some hits in can be frustrating sometimes especially if they can break it. In other words we got to work more for us to be reliable DPS, except if you use the rifle/longbow, then in that case you can stay back.

You are right about how much of your survival comes through mitigating damage altogether, through heals, stealth, dodging, boons, condition removal, etc rather than stats. Warriors do have quite a few major bugs that need to be fixed, but overall I still like my warrior and don’t think it really is as terrible as it is made out to be.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Jonny.9370

Jonny.9370

Warriors do have a small escape, but it uses upwards of 3-4 abilities.

If kitten goes bad, and my abilities are off CD, I pop whirlwind->Rush->Savage Leap and that covers a decent distance. More often than not, however, its not going to get me far away enough from a thief/mesmer/etc. with several gap closers at the ready as well.

in Warrior

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

Worst elite:
You also need to get +swift duration / boon duration for it to cover the uptime, usually having to waste rune slots.
Compare this to Dagger storm which throws tons of ricochet daggers for loads of damage plus bleeds, while also reflecting projectiles and also getting stability, SoR is a joke in comparison.

Not sure what your on about on swiftness. Every banner has swiftness, warhorn has swiftness, one of our trait lines has 10% runspeed with melee weapons. dispite your claims very few classes have 100% uptime on swiftness or excessive runspeed buffs. Thief has probably the strongest runspeed utility at 25% passive with an active that isnt worth useing in most cases to interupt the passive effect. Most other proffessions either have weaker speed boosts, conditional speed boosts(elementalist air trait) or must relly on whatever swiftness they can bring, often with lower uptimes than warriors to tell the truth. Charge(warhorn) and inspire(banner) have one of the better duration/CD ratios of any swiftness boon applying skills and both are group based.

I will agree that our eliets are far from perfect, heck rampage is worthless and theres a reason why most warriors take SoR as the best of the lot but dont try to claim its our only access to swiftness.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mattidore.3482

Mattidore.3482

Worst elite:

Not sure what your on about on swiftness. Every banner has swiftness, warhorn has swiftness, one of our trait lines has 10% runspeed with melee weapons. dispite your claims very few classes have 100% uptime on swiftness or excessive runspeed buffs. Thief has probably the strongest runspeed utility at 25% passive with an active that isnt worth useing in most cases to interupt the passive effect. Most other proffessions either have weaker speed boosts, conditional speed boosts(elementalist air trait) or must relly on whatever swiftness they can bring, often with lower uptimes than warriors to tell the truth. Charge(warhorn) and inspire(banner) have one of the better duration/CD ratios of any swiftness boon applying skills and both are group based.

I will agree that our eliets are far from perfect, heck rampage is worthless and theres a reason why most warriors take SoR as the best of the lot but dont try to claim its our only access to swiftness.

“banner”, Nuff said. Warhorn is the less kitten alternative for swiftness. Also you say “dispite your claims very few classes have 100% uptime on swiftness or excessive runspeed buffs” but that’s the thing, no other class really needs swiftness, it just makes them more viable than they already are. The only classes that should have swiftness should be engi and warrior.

in Warrior

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I was going to address everything that’s wrong with your topic line by line, but there’s SOOOO much wrong with it that I’m not going to bother. Suffice to say, I strongly feel you just aren’t very good at the game. I say that respectfully, that’s not an insult. But if you think the warrior is lacking in gap-closers, in offense, in defense, and in sources of swiftness (among the many, many, many other baseless things you’ve claimed) then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

I was going to address everything that’s wrong with your topic line by line, but there’s SOOOO much wrong with it that I’m not going to bother. Suffice to say, I strongly feel you just aren’t very good at the game. I say that respectfully, that’s not an insult. But if you think the warrior is lacking in gap-closers, in offense, in defense, and in sources of swiftness (among the many, many, many other baseless things you’ve claimed) then you don’t know what you’re talking about.

You can’t “respectfully” say someone is bad at the game.
While he may be exaggerating he makes some all to true points. I’ve tried using bolas but hitting with them is so hit-and-miss that they aren’t worth using. In PvP the only utility skills I find worth using are Frenzy, Signet of Stamina (more dodges and condition wipe), and either Balanced Stance or Endure Pain (I prefer the stance for its lower cooldown). If you aren’t running shouts conditions can simply destroy you and there’s nothing you can really do about it unless you have Signet of Stamina or Runes of Lyssa with SoR (Another condition wipe with buffs, sadly this comes at the price of not having more useful runes stat-wise).

I wouldn’t say lacking access to swiftness is the problem as much as being able to use it to escape. You also have to sacrifice a whole weapon set just for escaping. If I’m running a Axe/Mace I probably want sword/shield or sword/warhorn for escape. Unfortunately, with this set I’m giving up another weapon I could have used to help my offense like a rifle. Part of the reason I have trouble finding a viable use for the rifle is its lack of utility.

The whole adrenaline system is pretty well borked atm. I can only name maybe one or two really worth using frequently and maybe 1 or 2 worth using depending on the situation. Adrenaline is also pretty boring compared to other classes special abilities as well. Engis can get up to 3 extra little skills, Rangers get extra abilities from pets, Necros get a second health bar with added bonuses. Meanwhile, warriors get a skill that most of the time you’re better off not using because of traits giving better benefits than the attacks themselves. Evis and Earthshaker do indeed have a bad habit of missing and most people with a brain can avoid a Killshot 1v1 unless you are relaying on one of the aforementioned unpredictable CCs. I think it would be interesting to make adrenaline similar to Necros form. Make it take a bit longer to build up adren or give it a longer CD and instead of an attack make it a Rage State that reduces effectiveness of conditions and CCs for a few seconds while maybe having a slightly different effect depending on what weapon you have. Maybe you could have Rage State bound to F2 and using it locks your normal adren attack so you have to choose which one to use. Properly balanced this could help damage based warriors stay on their target and help defensive warriors bunker more efficiently.

Linking to the last point, while we may have more armor and health it isn’t so much more as to make a world of difference. A glass cannon war isn’t that much more difficult to down than a thief seeing as a smart thief ducks in and out of combat while warriors don’t have that luxury. Bunker warriors don’t really exist seeing as even a full Vit/Tough shout healer isn’t a good of bunker as an Engi, Guard, or Ele.

While in SPvP I can do well it’s typically because I’m on a team that doesn’t totally fail and I can wrack up a ton of kills but not roaming or capping solo. Of course for any sort of non-random PvP against a good team that doesn’t really matter because the roamer role is better filled by a theif. I am NOT saying that warrior is super UP or that it can’t do well in PvP. What I am saying is that if you take the warrior’s shortcomings and compare them to the current state of Thieves, Guardians, Mesmers, and well played Eles there doesn’t really seem to be a spot where they compete. Many of our problems stem from a sub par class mechanic and buggy skills/traits.

EDIT: I’ve gone and done it again, making a post that managed to be even wordier than the OP’s. What can I say, I am a man of many words.
EDIT EDIT: I also don’t want to see any links to Youtube videos with cherry-picked clips in WvW where the warrior isn’t targeted and is facing foes who obviously aren’t fully geared and having that used as proof that warriors are OP seeing that using WvW as a benchmark to determine balance is laughable.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in Warrior

Posted by: Nier.2478

Nier.2478

Wouldn’t get worked up to be honest. This game’s balancing is a joke. I wouldn’t be surprised of Warrior becomes the next Ele in February’s patch.

twitch.tv/blacktruth009

in Warrior

Posted by: Nefandi.3051

Nefandi.3051

Warrior is an awesome profession and I won’t change for nothing, yet I have to agree with almost everything said above. Adrenaline is in 90% of the time better left unused, which is a shame. Tactics minor traits are crap. Many traits and skills are bugged or simple don’t work as intended. Last but not lest, we are not good in anything is spvp, other professions do what they do better, and in pve warrior is less attractive due to the already mentioned lack of adrenaline nice skills.

Oh, I almost forgot, warrior elite skills are simple not as good, and or have less descent option as other professions.

Cheers to all warriors out there

Nefandi Farseer [CTRL]
DESOLATION

in Warrior

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

for elites i WISH i had the signet on other classes, fury, might and swiftness up for something like 35 seconds then only a mere 10 seconds left on CD (or something similar)
there are far worse elites on other classes, just look at ranger/ele/engi

for disengage with greatsword you can easily get the hell out of dodge with 3 and 5 skills.

things i agree with:
warriors are too squishy and have the least viable bunker builds of all classes,
we need more gap closers.

in Warrior

Nefandi.3051

for elites i WISH i had the signet on other classes, fury, might and swiftness up for something like 35 seconds then only a mere 10 seconds left on CD (or something similar)
there are far worse elites on other classes, just look at ranger/ele/engi

for disengage with greatsword you can easily get the hell out of dodge with 3 and 5 skills.

things i agree with:
warriors are too squishy and have the least viable bunker builds of all classes,
we need more gap closers.

I think you can only go out with GS 3 and 5 if you go rune of soldier, at least in wvw. Ranger elite is OP if you know how to use, especially when talking about entangle. Ele is not so good, but Jesus they are good in everything else, also elite GS is awesome is my opinion, especially if traited. Engi elites I also don’t like, but anyhow that is not the point, they are better in what they do.

Nefandi Farseer [CTRL]
DESOLATION

in Warrior

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

As someone who has played thief, ele, necro, and warrior on spvp regularly, I’m going to tell you that if you do things right the warrior is just as competitive as the other classes i mentioned, if not more. Play around with your builds!

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

in Warrior

Posted by: Sargonnas.4168

Sargonnas.4168

As someone who has played thief, ele, necro, and warrior on spvp regularly, I’m going to tell you that if you do things right the warrior is just as competitive as the other classes i mentioned, if not more. Play around with your builds!

So True. People who have problems with the warrior really means that they don’t have a decent build and does not understand their mechanics IMO.

“Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night
because rough men stand ready
to do violence on their behalf.” – George Orwell

in Warrior

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

So True. People who have problems with the warrior really means that they don’t have a decent build and does not understand their mechanics IMO.

Overall result the profession has problems plain and simple. If the developer, high rank top Tpvp players, and Spvp regulars says warriors has problems with something yet the other players still want to deny it. There must be something bad in the air and it reeks.

Pineapples

in Warrior

Posted by: Vanthian.9267

Vanthian.9267

I honestly think that people who come here and say warrior is still viable in sPvP or tPvP are just fanboys unwilling to admit that Warrior is a failure of a class.

I played Warrior because it was a PvP machine in Guild Wars 1 and I thought that it would be the same in Guild Wars 2. I was wrong.

At first I thought it was learn to play issues, so I stopped playing Warrior and leveled a Elementalist and a Thief. I then took them both into sPvP and WvW.

The sheer difference in how much better the classes were designed and worked were disgusting. As a Elementalist and Thief I had very little to fear in getting trapped into a fight that I could never leave. As a Warrior I learned that once I engage a person, it is either do or die or run for a extra 20 seconds then die.

The defensive capability of the Elementalist and Thief are staggering. You don’t even really have to trait for these defenses either, but if you do trait for it…. you can truly see the joke that is the Warrior’s “Sturdy Body”.

As to the other classes, I have played some of the Mesmer (currently level 62 PvE, still trying to figure out the class and all the traits). I have played a little bit of the Guardian, Necromancer, and Engineer.

Out of all the class, I have to say that the Mesmer is by far the most impressive in terms of design and play-ability (this opinion might change at 80 but I highly doubt it). A built in intangible state…. you don’t have to trait for it… you are truly untouchable in this state. Couple that with the sword skill “Flurry” that is two skills that are innate on the Mesmer that make them completely untouchable… For no sacrifice.

I will stand by in hopes that the Warrior changes are coming, but I highly doubt we see anything soon.

in Warrior

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I agree with the OP.

Warrior, Engineer, Necro are by far some of the worst classes in this game….

in Warrior

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I agree with the OP.

Warrior, Engineer, Necro are by far some of the worst classes in this game….

lol @ necro in that list

necros are awesome

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Warrior

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

@Fanbois
It is undeniable on an objective basis that Warrior has some core skills bugged that leave the class much weaker than it should be.
You can’t intellectually honestly say that Warrior does not suffer from the skill bugs.
If you want to claim that, then post a video of Rush/Bull landing perfectly all the times on moving targets, else it’s all sterile talk.

Dear Anet,
I had a whole 5 months of patience with Warrior bugs, I think that’s very Ghandi-like of me.
I just want to know if a fix is coming sooner or late, or it is intended for those skills to fail by design.
Of course though, having skills that fail by RNG would severely reduce the skill ceiling and reliability of the class.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

So… yeah. I read the whole thread, and as an anecdote of no value, I’ve had a blast being a viable warrior in wvwvw. The only time I’ve felt hugely underpowered was when I was taken by complete surprise by a class that I had hardly ever seen who caught me from behind. Engineers can do a ton of damage up front… when you’re not prepared… Play the warrior more. If you feel lacking, look through talents, skills. See what might help. Since I’ve hit level 80 I’ve changed by build and gear so many times I cringe to think how much gold I’ve spent.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Warrior

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

AHAHAAHAHAAHAHA
I read it up to this part
“Except that Warrior’s damage is comparable to other classes normally (actually less than thief or ele).”
You have obviously never played any other class and you suck suck with the one that you did (the warr)

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

^ Let me sing you the song of my people with my alt thief.

in Warrior

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

Almost all of the Warriors gap closers and disable moves are “straight line”. Rush – you run in a straight line, if they move away, you’ll just whiff your sword into the air. Bull rush – you shoulder charge in a straight line, and if they move, you just wasted one of your long cd CCs. He went on – but the main point is you have no reliable way to keep yourself in melee range like most other classes do on anything that doesn’t move in straight lines. Add in their lack of ability to disengage (no stealth, no ports, all gap closers rush towards target – and if you have targeting assists on, they may latch stopping an untargeted rush).

I can also attest to how buggy that these moves can be. I’ve had multiple instances where I’m fighting a target that is standing still – I want to bull rush so I can lay on a burst combo. Instead I charge towards him, and once I reach him, I KEEP rushing in place for the remainder of the charge duration and get no knockdown (trash mob, no stability). That means I have 2 seconds of them wailing on me for no result. Sadly there is also no consistancy to the move breaking to know if I should cancel – I’ve had the move connect after rushing in place (which in itself is buggy and lame) at random durations.

The short story is the warrior is one of the best in PvE (when your cc/gap closers don’t bug) because NPCs are predictable so you can get your moves to connect. You don’t have to worry about disengaging as simply running away in a straight line is enough if you ever need to as mobs reset after a certain distance. Of all the classes I’ve played (multiple level 80s, tried every class), nothing has melted face as fast as my warrior (except trash that can’t survive my mesmer burst combo as that’s near instant kills). But in PvP? A place where mobility is king, and your gap closers don’t work on mobile targets? Where you have next to no self-target abilities, so you have to rely on the iffy game path finding or them being controlled (usually by others)? Where if you see a zerg in WvW come when you’re already engaged, you’re consigned to die?

No, the Warrior needs a close look at it PvP. Fix the gap closers and give them the ability to disengage. And if we’re talking about burst skills, only truly “crap” one is the GS – barely stronger than an auto attack, single target, and each tier just gives a bit longer on a fury buff? Yeah.

in Warrior

Posted by: Attic.1562

Attic.1562

Overall result the profession has problems plain and simple. If the developer, high rank top Tpvp players, and Spvp regulars says warriors has problems with something yet the other players still want to deny it. There must be something bad in the air and it reeks.

You can’t trust anecdotes unfortunately. There’s too many variables.

I mean, back in City of Heroes people objected to the Blaster archetype getting buffed back in 2007 even though the devs own datamining showed that Blasters died more often and earned experience and drops slower than every other class in the game at every level of the game.

The power of the human mind to see whatever it wants shouldn’t be underestimated.

in Warrior

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

You lost me when you claimed the Necro’s gap closer was working. Sorry.

in Warrior

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

@Fanbois
It is undeniable on an objective basis that Warrior has some core skills bugged that leave the class much weaker than it should be.
You can’t intellectually honestly say that Warrior does not suffer from the skill bugs.
If you want to claim that, then post a video of Rush/Bull landing perfectly all the times on moving targets, else it’s all sterile talk.

Go into any of the profession boards and spend some time reading them. You’ll find threads JUST like yours, complaining how their class hasn’t gotten better (guardians) or is too squishy (elementalists), and that ArenaNet isn’t listening (every profession).

Dear Anet,
I had a whole 5 months of patience with Warrior bugs, I think that’s very Ghandi-like of me.
I just want to know if a fix is coming sooner or late, or it is intended for those skills to fail by design.
Of course though, having skills that fail by RNG would severely reduce the skill ceiling and reliability of the class.

Yes, ArenaNet should kowtow to you, one person out of millions who paid the same 60 bucks for the game.

Yes, I’m obviously a fanboi.

in Warrior

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

If you think warrior is weak, go play D/D elementalist, then come back to your warrior.

If you learn to play your D/D elementalist properly, and apply the same playstyle to your warrior, you will notice just HOW superior warrior is.

Axe/mace + (hammer or greatsword) warrior is a D/D ele with 50% more damage, 100% more hp, and better control.

in Warrior

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

I read this thread this morning and played my warrior today in spvp. 7/10 times my rush/bulls bugged as usual. Bolas i dont even use because i tried them once and they can be dodged by a half asleep drunk cripple. Rifle butt also is another one of our skills that has issues as if you aim it right at a person 6/10 times it wont do anything. Hammer f1 is totaly bugged even if you are on an elevated place a foot or above higher. Hammer 2 has this issue as well sometimes but not that often.

Blade trail only forward if there is land otherwise it fails. Evi bugs up aswell a lot and sometimes it goes beyond the said range.

in Warrior

Mosharn.8357

If you think warrior is weak, go play D/D elementalist, then come back to your warrior.

If you learn to play your D/D elementalist properly, and apply the same playstyle to your warrior, you will notice just HOW superior warrior is.

Axe/mace + (hammer or greatsword) warrior is a D/D ele with 50% more damage, 100% more hp, and better control.

Because you arnt supposed to play you D/D ele like you play your warrior. They are on 2 different levels.

in Warrior

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Because you arnt supposed to play you D/D ele like you play your warrior. They are on 2 different levels.

Not true at all.. If you look at the warrior bunker traits and abilities, warriors depend on moving in for large bursts, then getting out and kiting during a regeneration phase to rinse and repeat.

It’s the exact same style as D/D ele.

in Warrior

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Not true at all.. If you look at the warrior bunker traits and abilities, warriors depend on moving in for large bursts, then getting out and kiting during a regeneration phase to rinse and repeat.

You’re right, I seem to have missed all of the excellent sustain and defensive boon abili….oh wait. Warrior moves in for large bursts, gets out, takes some damage in the progress and then relies either on teammates to keep him alive so he can pressure even more or just gtfos to a different point.

in Warrior

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

You may hit harder and have more HP on a bunker warrior, but the D/D ele has boons and mobility. Mobility > HP always always in PvP. What good is 10k extra HP if it means you get hit for 20k? Add in the fact that the gap closers you rely on to get in quickly are buggy/unreliable, your downed skill is a 20 second wait vs instant, etc… you may be better in PvE, but you can’t hold a candle to them in PvP.

Until they fix the warriors mobility moves, he’s not entering PvP except for WvW map explore. And I seriously hope that they boost mobility to classes that lack it rather than nerf classes that have it – mobility is a big factor of what I see as differentiates this from other MMOs, and find it as what makes it fun… as long as that mobility has a way to be reliably countered.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kellhus.8071

Kellhus.8071

What the hell are you smoking?

There is no warrior bunker build that both utilizes heals and condition removal (basically defining it as a shout build), that is capable of any damage. You’re an annoyance, nothing more — and you have zero AE capabilites. What burst is it you’re making up in your head that we would run in and drop on people?

A d/d ele has way more options, far more reliable condition removal for self/team, buffs on condition swaps, far more mobility, crazy AE damage, and let’s not forget actual protection boons.

But yea, other than being nothing alike, they are totally the same.

in Warrior

Posted by: Cryostrike.2948

Cryostrike.2948

can we all agree that the warrior needs to be revised a bit here. i find it kinda weaker then the other classes. if you’re not close enough to burst the other guys face off with hundred blades or whirling axes or something you’re pretty much done for. and a lot of the warriors attacks are so easy to dodge. i love the warrior. it just needs to be buffed a little. like.. it has a crappy regeneration. thieves have heal and regeneration plus their invisibility. i’m not asking for warriors to have invisibility. just make the regeneration actually be effective. I’ve made quite a few builds strictly for a certain attribute/ ability. if you get adrenal heal, the healing signet and dolyak sigils. that’s 360+ around 750 +90 for 3 seconds. that’s around a 1200 heal per 3 seconds.(p.s this is better then what i originally calculated. but still) for a tanky build.. this is nothing. you can’t fend off the enemy with that. an average level 80 attack is around 1000. not to mention you are sacrificing power/critical chance/defense/ and vitality just for a measly heal. this kind of thing needs to improve enough so that a warrior could fend for himself.( pps. the thief healing skill “hide in shadows” not only heals some conditions, but also has a 5,240 heal with around a 520 regeneration during stealth, this blows the warrior regeneration BUILD, a whole build that focuses on regeneration, out of the water. 4 seconds of regeneration..)

“Hide in your keep. Put up your siege.
I’m coming for you.”

(edited by Cryostrike.2948)

in Warrior

Posted by: Wreckdum.8367

Wreckdum.8367

Here comes one of these guys. He either A: plays another class as his main or B: Just hit 80 on his warrior and is here to school us.

Please professor. Teach us.

Rex Smashington – 80 Norn Warrior <Tyrians United Retard Division> Yak’s Bend
“That big kitten Norn with The Juggernaut”

in Warrior

Wreckdum.8367

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

gtfo

in Warrior

Wreckdum.8367

Except we don’t have a regeneration phase.

EDIT: And we can’t GET OUT. Once we’re in, we’re in.

in Warrior

Mosharn.8357

You lost me at warrior bunker.

in Warrior

Posted by: wookie.8934

wookie.8934

All I have to say is that I agree warrior needs work. I rolled warrior as my main and after going necro, I don’t even want to touch my warrior sometimes (despite the glaring problems with the necro traits/builds themselves). Like everyone else said: “should have rolled a thief.” I made a thief just for kicks to test out in sPVP and have to say that, with no experience whatsoever, the thief is one of the easiest classes to play (despite many peoples’ objections). I found myself dumbfounded at how easy it was to kill with a thief in contrast to the numerous warrior builds I tried. Perhaps I’m ranting a bit, but I find the warrior (aside from DPS) to be one of the most broken professions in the game and among the ranks of necros and engis.

Havok Legion [HL]
Fort Aspenwood

in Warrior

Nefandi.3051

I play warrior is Spvp, yes I am stupid! I KNOW! and yet I really enjoy the warrior per se and I don’t want top give it up. However I have to agree that it is weak than few other professions and it is not good in nothing. There is no niche for the warrior.

Currently the thing that I most hate in seeing in Spvp is a D/D ele coming with ride the lighting, using updraft and walking away while 2~3 enemies are flat on the ground. Both weapon skills with 15 and 40 sec CD, while I have to put a kitten stomp that nobody stay in the area, since apparently my norn is too fat to jump and hitting the ground fast enough, so there is nobody there, as anyone can see and have all the time in the world to dodge or simple walk away. And the punchline, a 60 sec CD AND being a utility.

The D/D ele simple put a Mist Form for his utility, put 10 in water, get regeneration while attuned to water (we get toughness when we revive) and the extra regeneration PLUS vigor from Shooting Disruption.

It makes me cry in fetal position when this happens… so kitten sad.

PS: I don’t use stomp, it is just useless. I just used here as example ^^

Nefandi Farseer [CTRL]
DESOLATION