Warriors, how are we meant to survive?

in Warrior

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Fairly accurate regardless of your MMO of choice.

Fortunately I got over it long ago, and still enjoy the class regardless.

Hahahahaha okay that was hilarious.

in Warrior

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

hahaha wow, so true. It is pretty kitten accurate, just like playing a warrior in GW2.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Warrior

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Warrior’s have okay survivability if you play smart, pick your fights and are aware of your cooldowns. Against rangers and necros you absolutely cannot engage unless you have your berserker stance ready. Signet of Stamina won’t do anything against their AoE spam because the conditions will get reapplied instantly.

Warrior’s have to go to great lengths to survive even 1v1 while on my guardian I can easily tank 2+ people if there isn’t too much CC (i.e engis). They can instantly heal back to full health if necessary and they get a lot of passive healing from regen and symbols. Really the only condition they need to be worried about is poison which needs to be cleansed instantly.

That being said I’ve only played bunker spec guardian with very low DPS and I play glass cannon warrior, so it might be fair.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

This is the build I run on my tPvP warrior: Burst/Regen War

You gain very significant regen and tonnes of condition cleanses whilst maintaining great maneuverability and that dirty warrior burst.

To play a warrior in PvP you will need to take advantage of your superiour mobility, with GS and mainhand sword, you can escape any engagement to give yourself time to regen or catch any moving target with ease.

PvP is not like CoF1, do not expect to be able to stand in front of an enemy player and facetank all their attacks.

Build right, play to your strengths and above all, learn to kittening dodge.
Enjoy your wins xx

in Warrior

Posted by: Trimsic.4392

Trimsic.4392

So warriors are meant to be high damage professions right? but how can we do this if we are forced to go full tank? why are we forced to go full tank? because we have essentially the worst survivability in the game. Terrible condition removal, no stealth, no teleports, bad heals, we lack blocks, boons and blinds so what have we got going for us in the end? how are we supposed to play a class that is made for dps, when we can’t tank any sort of dps ourselves? it’s almost as though guardians are buffed up versions of us, with their high survivability and still sustained damage.

Anyway this post wasn’t supposed to all just be complaints, i was wondering what other warriors out there do? Is PVT best? is Berserker best? we’re meant to do dps but being full glassy sucks in fact the best utility we have is probably endure pain because it gives us some sort of survivability, at the moment im a full berserker but with 2.8k armour melandru runes + food condition removal, and i get my stability from traits in the defence tree, yet i still cannot beat professions such as mesmer, elementalist and guardian i know this game isn’t meant for 1v1s but i encounter far too many not to consider it, i also like solo roaming so i have to take on multiple enemies usually by myself or with a friend.

If a warrior is forced to go full tank, then s/he should play a guardian. That’s the issue, in my opinion.

Trimsic
Guild Leader Millenium Old School
http://mos.millenium.org

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

You can build a warrior with insane condi removal. Insane health pool, high armor and still dish out decent damage. I never have problems standing in red circles and I am a blood thirsty player. Mostly when my group stacks up to buff, I am already down there facing the enemy zerg taggin people ^^. Meaning I am the only one against 40-50+ players and I still survive to tell the tale afterwards.

I do die sometimes, a stacked zerg thought we went invis and threw down all aoe underneath them and on them and I died =(. We wiped em tho, because they had all their skills on cooldown =D.

I also play guardian and I can’t do somethings on my guardian that I can on my warrior. A guardian has great long term sustain, if the damage he is facing ain’t to high. A warrior can survive great spike damage that would kill and guardian. I think I even got a few recordings of that, people jumping on me and a guardian next to me and he died and I walked away with 5k health left.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

(edited by MiLkZz.4789)

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

You can build a warrior with insane condi removal. Insane health pool, high armor and still dish out decent damage. I never have problems standing in red circles and I am a blood thirsty player. Mostly when my group stacks up to buff, I am already down there facing the enemy zerg taggin people ^^. Meaning I am the only one against 40-50+ players and I still survive to tell the tale afterwards.

I do die sometimes, a stacked zerg thought we went invis and threw down all aoe underneath them and on them and I died =(. We wiped em tho, because they had all their skills on cooldown =D.

I also play guardian and I can’t do somethings on my guardian that I can on my warrior. A guardian has great long term sustain, if the damage he is facing ain’t to high. A warrior can survive great spike damage that would kill and guardian. I think I even got a few recordings of that, people jumping on me and a guardian next to me and he died and I walked away with 5k health left.

U can survive around 11sec (EP 2x, shield stance), and in case if u arent loaded with condies. After that war is gone

in Warrior

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

U can survive around 11sec (EP 2x, shield stance), and in case if u arent loaded with condies. After that war is gone

I don’t run EP or shield and have real great condi removal. But thanks for the concern, and it is longer than 11s.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

This is the build I run on my tPvP warrior: Burst/Regen War

You gain very significant regen and tonnes of condition cleanses whilst maintaining great maneuverability and that dirty warrior burst.

To play a warrior in PvP you will need to take advantage of your superiour mobility, with GS and mainhand sword, you can escape any engagement to give yourself time to regen or catch any moving target with ease.

PvP is not like CoF1, do not expect to be able to stand in front of an enemy player and facetank all their attacks.

Build right, play to your strengths and above all, learn to kittening dodge.
Enjoy your wins xx

You are healing for the amazing amout of 350 hp every 3 seconds, and 208 from your signet, that is crap, trust me i already tried a regen warrior WITH healing power, banners regen, healing signet and adrenal health and its not worht it, you actually are gimping yourself because the 3 minor traits in the tactics area are a joke, then you will have a lot less damage for going in to tactics, and shouts are crap.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

shield blocks, perma fury for boons, may not have blind but I believe warrior may have the most knock down’s in the game.

mesmers have the most dazes tho. whats the point of a knockdown if it does less than a stun. Doesnt proc as much stuff…

in Warrior

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

By whoring our selves as ranger pets.

Hahaha yes this is probably the way they want to change the balance, they will make a skill for the ranger that will sumon a random warrior to the field, then a screen will pop in the warriors screen that will say " rangerxxxx wants you to be his pet do you accept the request? y/n "

They dont even going to take warriors on the number of players anymore because we are now pets.

So we finally get pets that can dodge? kitten yeah! And I’ll trait to stack might and give you protection, and we can go wipe the smug looks off of some guardian faces. I like it!

in Warrior

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

That’s crazy. Plus, anyone can use them. Same for Melandru runes.

True, however warriors don’t care about people using duration decreasers that much. In other words, if there was condition immunity food in this game, warriors would be one of the least screwed classes.

in Warrior

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Warrior’s have okay survivability if you play smart, pick your fights and are aware of your cooldowns. Against rangers and necros you absolutely cannot engage unless you have your berserker stance ready. Signet of Stamina won’t do anything against their AoE spam because the conditions will get reapplied instantly.

Warrior’s have to go to great lengths to survive even 1v1 while on my guardian I can easily tank 2+ people if there isn’t too much CC (i.e engis). They can instantly heal back to full health if necessary and they get a lot of passive healing from regen and symbols. Really the only condition they need to be worried about is poison which needs to be cleansed instantly.

That being said I’ve only played bunker spec guardian with very low DPS and I play glass cannon warrior, so it might be fair.

From a 1 vs 1 standpoint...

The Healway build will outlast a full GC warrior because of the multiple options a bunker guardian has to delay, mitigate, or all out stop incoming damage. On top of that, they get good access to retaliation which allows the warrior to kill himself on the guardian (even after the nerf).

Honestly, if it was a GC warrior and a Bunker "Whatever" it should be a close fight but it’s not even close.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

highest mobility in the game, virtually immune to snares thanks to melandru/lemongrass and dogged march. multiple sources of decent length stability, 2-3 immunities…. gee I wonder how were supposed to survive… whatever shall we do.

You are stating a specific rune set and a specific set of food that is available to EVERY CLASS, and citing it as one of our survivability mechanics. That is hilarious.

Not only that but we should not have to be forced into a rune set and a food set to be able to Play the kitten game. Your statement is appallingly ignorant on many levels.

your arguement is absurd, if anyone is pigeonholed here its guardians, they have one or two builds and all the others are gimmicks or solo specs at best. warriors have multple effective melee builds and multiple effective range builds.

the man asked for survivabilty, and then some people whine they shouldnt spec for survivability in order to survive…. oi.

We have many builds? Lol sure a lot of useless builds we do have, we spec for survival…we survive less than any other class and still can’t deal any damage or real CC or utility. We spec for damage, we die before we can actually damage anything. Warrior require an absurd amount of skill just to make them partially work, thus making skilled players think warriors aren’t that bad….then you hoop into ANY other class and you are like WTF Why was I wasting my time with that garbage class?!

in Warrior

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Hahaha yes this is probably the way they want to change the balance, they will make a skill for the ranger that will sumon a random warrior to the field, then a screen will pop in the warriors screen that will say " rangerxxxx wants you to be his pet do you accept the request? y/n "

They dont even going to take warriors on the number of players anymore because we are now pets.

So we finally get pets that can dodge? kitten yeah! And I’ll trait to stack might and give you protection, and we can go wipe the smug looks off of some guardian faces. I like it!

After reading this something interesting pop in my head: “If my warrior was the pet of a BM ranger his survivalbility problems and his heal problems and even my stat distribution problems would be solved for good.”

kitten Anet implement this already!

in Warrior

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

hahaha wow, so true. It is pretty kitten accurate, just like playing a warrior in GW2.

SAD! But……true!

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

After reading this something interesting pop in my head: “If my warrior was the pet of a BM ranger his survivalbility problems and his heal problems and even my stat distribution problems would be solved for good.”

kitten Anet implement this already!

=P

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”