What are the odds? An anti-nerf rant

in Warrior

Posted by: Cygnus.6903

Cygnus.6903

Hello fellow gw2-players,

Ever since beta we all knew warriors needed only buffing. Most of us know in a lot of area’s we still do, yet some continue screaming warriors are overpowered.

Popular perpetrators are Berserker’s stance, Signet of Healing, -Condition duration food and skullcrack with sigil of paralyzation.

Stance?

Nerfing stance would be a PvP nerf more then anything else. I don’t think this will happen. Warrior is still at the bottom of the foodchain regardless.
Nerf likeliness? 10%

Signet of Healing?

Nerfing SoH would be weird, as nobody in highish level PvP is using it. The obvious reasons for this is that SoH does nothing to counter heavy burst, is very vulnerable to poison and really, it’s not even the strongest healing in the game.
To those who say warriors can become unkillable with superhigh regen (some are known to achieve ~880 HPS), riddle me this. Why are warriors never used as a bunker? Oh, wait, condition specs will perform a colonoscopy on you.
Nerf likeliness? 40%

-Condi food?

The -condi food, now this is getting insane QQ. Even though this has been around since launch as were Melandru/Hoelbrak runes, and even Dogged March has been around since june, the QQ-community has caught on to the fact that warriors can’t be kited like a crippled old lady anymore. The fear that this community has developed about warriors being strong, or even viable, is bordering paranoid.

A nerf to the food without adressing, for instance, perma-stealth would not even be funny anymore. It would be exactly the same as saying; ‘Thieves should be able to reset fights whenever they please and without effort, but warriors must die if they lose’.
Nerf likeliness? 70%

Skullcrack with sigil of para?

Skullcrack is deemed by some as a blatently overpowered move. The fact that the stun duration was increased by 33% (used to be 3 seconds with sigil of para, now it’s 4), combined with the cooldown of 7 3/4 seconds is what most use as their argument. That cooldown would be reduced to 8 seconds by an old trait anyway (so 1/4 second difference to current x/x/x/x/30 builds). About the stun duration, let’s talk about a saddening contradiction.

A lot of Warriors have been known to run Melandru for some much needed -duration on conditions as well as a nice increase in toughness. Melandru also reduces stun duration by 25%, which has become increasingly useful with warriors running stun builds.
Now what happens if you take those 4 seconds of stun, and reduce them by 25%? Right, back to the old (widely regarded as underpowered) 3 second stun duration. I dueled a warrior with a mace/shield+gs build yesterday, and beat him pretty much mostly because of this. My own skill is average at best, so I did take the stun in the face a couple times. He could only do like 60% of a HB, which is negligible damage to anything non-glass.

So what the community is in fact saying by Skullcrack being OP, is that warriors are the class that has to run defensive runes/traits/foods to be viable in any way, and all other classes shouldn’t. Nay, worse. Nerf those defensive options along with it.

What is keeping them from saying, everybody is adapting to the condition meta like they should (or necro’s will go necrophile on your corpse), warriors are as well by using stun, so we should incorporate some sort of counter to that hazard in our build? Seriously, anybody using Melandru runes is effectively reducing this much QQ’d warrior build exactly back to where it was before all the QQing began.

This is just 1 counter to a build that has many, and thus can not be viewed as OP by definition. The real problem here is the refusal of some to go out of their way slightly (or just be better players entirely) to put up a fight against a half-decent warrior.
Nerf likeliness? 75%

I guess my point is, the ridiculousness of it all is baffling. This ‘racism’ against warriors is just so narrow-minded. Yet, I do fear the nerf coming. In fact, I nerfbet it is.

I only state my opinion unless stated otherwise.
Hulk Roaming Montages/Build Vids
I always rage but never quit.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

They nerf the warrior and i hope they give us somehting BIG to compesante, they give nothing and im done with this game for real, im going to wait till wildstar comes and start kicking kitten.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

They nerf the warrior and i hope they give us somehting BIG to compesante, they give nothing and im done with this game for real, im going to wait till wildstar comes and start kicking kitten.

FYI if you didn’t know already Wildstar is going to be a sub based game, if you didn’t know, but if you do then disregard this useless info :P

OT: Honestly from a different perspective, I would see why people would want Signet nerfed. It cancels out slow and steady damage/sustained damage 1 vs 1/2/3, but it’s mainly 1 vs 1s, now if you couple it with mobility you can just heal back up. Not to mention with the popular warrior build you you get stunned frequently preventing you from spiking the warrior(assuming you have enough burst) and you’ll feel like a sitting duck when you run out of stability or stun breakers. Not only that, but if you do meh average damage, you won’t really do anything, to them. The thing too is you may use your healing slot for this and lose a burst heal, but you can always trait for it through shouts. Though by all means keep the signet where it’s at, my warrior will be happy to keep using it

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Warrior

Posted by: joffmonk.1285

joffmonk.1285

unfortunatly the mobility and signet is only a problem if warriors where the only class that could easily disengage a fight and regen but they aren’t.
we all know thief can easily, but certain rangers can get similar regen strengths with the same disengage capabilities, then there is D/D ele’s engineers to a lesser extent with rocket boots and jump shot…

the whinging is only because they aren’t used to warriors having and using these abilities and refuse to adapt to the new warrior playstile.

let them kitten and moan, they have all the stuff available needed to counter warriors but are refusing to use them. hopefully anet see’s this and does nothing about warrior.
every noob needs to learn sometime.

Bettsy Boomstick -80 engy ! Helliz Arka -80 ranger
Keshana Devone -80 warrior ! Cherry Doomblossum -80 ele !
Titanica Teenytank -80 guardian

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

OT: Honestly from a different perspective, I would see why people would want Signet nerfed. It cancels out slow and steady damage/sustained damage 1 vs 1/2/3(1), but it’s mainly 1 vs 1s, now if you couple it with mobility you can just heal back up(2). Not to mention with the popular warrior build you you get stunned frequently(3) preventing you from spiking the warrior(assuming you have enough burst) and you’ll feel like a sitting duck when you run out of stability or stun breakers. Not only that, but if you do meh average damage, you won’t really do anything, to them(4). The thing too is you may use your healing slot for this and lose a burst heal, but you can always trait for it through shouts(5). Though by all means keep the signet where it’s at, my warrior will be happy to keep using it

There are quite a few flaws in what you’re saying here bro, no offense. Let me try and point them out.

1: You say it cancels out slow/sustained damage against up to three people. Really? Three people can’t do more then 400 damage per second? You can get that solo by autoattacking with an axe if you go condition spec…
A medium condi spec can outdamage this healing by applying no more then 4 bleed stacks, just 1 (!!!) if they poison you as well. OMG

2: You say the regen+mobility is bad, what about thieves? They can stealth, stand 3 feet away from you for half an hour if they want, and regen back to full quite quickly with 30 points in SA. Then we’re not even talking about mobility, in which thieves have no equal.
Besides, mobility will get you back to full anyways if you manage to leave combat. If you don’t then warrior mobility is very comparable to a lot of other classes. 400 HPS will not get you back into fighting condition anytime soon. Think about it, you just got clobbered and have only 3k HP left. You bolt out of there while being chased. After 15 seconds you will have 9k HP…. That’s 15 seconds for your opponent to set up another burst.

3: You only get stunned that frequently if you don’t do anything about it. Remember, the warrior we are talking about here only has 2 stuns, 1 at 300 range and 1 at 120. Like I said, I am only average, but it’s so easy to read…

4: If you do meh average damage, you have no reason to be roaming solo in the first place. Who the hell runs a bunker as a solo roamer? Everything will just run away from you if they can’t kill you. If you run along with another person, see ‘1’.

5: If a warrior traits for shouts and uses mace/shield+GS, then he will do pitiful damage. I don’t even see how you could possibly spare 30 points out of the 0/20/20/0/30 or 0/30/20/0/20 build without significantly reducing both your damage, and, more importantly, your adrenaline regen.

in Warrior

Posted by: Decklan.7540

Decklan.7540

engineers to a lesser extent with rocket boots and jump shot…

Many engineers won’t slot rocket boots as it takes away from a crucial utility slot that engi’s need very badly as we use utility slots for our kits.

Also, jump shot is a rifle skill, and most rifle builds use static discharge, which is pidgeonholed into taking very specific utility slot skills, all of which do not normally take rocket boots. It’s why you see so many bunker engineers in spvp. Because that is literally one of our strengths, not mobility.

With that said, I don’t think warriors need a nerf.

in Warrior

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Class forums have the highest concentration of MMO lobbyists. With nerfs on the horizon lobbyists freak out.

It is always funny to read some of the advices, how to handle stullcrack:
- “Skullcrack is short range!”:
A good warrior will shieldbash you first as a preparation for skullcrack.
- “Dodge it! It’s readable!” :
The skullcrack animation looks just like the autoattack animation.
- “Use stunbreaks, learn to play!”
Most stunbreaks have a long cooldown, a longer cooldown than skullcrack.

Warriors need a nerf.

Tz tz

in Warrior

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Nerf lobbyists are worse because they wont change their play style to adapt.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

in Warrior

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

As a necro, I feel your pain. Get buffed to be viable (not overpowering, just viable), get screamed at for being OP, facing very likely nerfs (they already did hotfix Dhuumfire to be half as effective in PvP). People got used to Necros and Warriors being free kills and now that they have to work for it, they think something must be wrong.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

What do people expect warriors to do? Just obediently roll over, belly up, ready to be slaughtered effortlessly? I don’t understand moron philosophy.

in Warrior

Posted by: joffmonk.1285

joffmonk.1285

Class forums have the highest concentration of MMO lobbyists. With nerfs on the horizon lobbyists freak out.

It is always funny to read some of the advices, how to handle stullcrack:
- “Skullcrack is short range!”:
A good warrior will shieldbash you first as a preparation for skullcrack.
- “Dodge it! It’s readable!” :
The skullcrack animation looks just like the autoattack animation.
- “Use stunbreaks, learn to play!”
Most stunbreaks have a long cooldown, a longer cooldown than skullcrack.

Warriors need a nerf.

warrior can hardly get near my ranger if I’m paying attention and even if they do I have evade x2 block knockback stealth another knockback 6 seconds invulnerability…another 4 if I have the right elite equipped… that isn’t mentioning the pets run, usually wolf spider so fear and knockdown… the root is pretty useless but still.
If u let them get close u deserve to die.
I have plenty of tools to keep me alive all as a glass cannon ranger with no regen.

learn from mistakes u make, try different things next time untill they work the way u want.

Bettsy Boomstick -80 engy ! Helliz Arka -80 ranger
Keshana Devone -80 warrior ! Cherry Doomblossum -80 ele !
Titanica Teenytank -80 guardian

in Warrior

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

OT: Honestly from a different perspective, I would see why people would want Signet nerfed. It cancels out slow and steady damage/sustained damage 1 vs 1/2/3(1), but it’s mainly 1 vs 1s, now if you couple it with mobility you can just heal back up(2). Not to mention with the popular warrior build you you get stunned frequently(3) preventing you from spiking the warrior(assuming you have enough burst) and you’ll feel like a sitting duck when you run out of stability or stun breakers. Not only that, but if you do meh average damage, you won’t really do anything, to them(4). The thing too is you may use your healing slot for this and lose a burst heal, but you can always trait for it through shouts(5). Though by all means keep the signet where it’s at, my warrior will be happy to keep using it

There are quite a few flaws in what you’re saying here bro, no offense. Let me try and point them out.

1: You say it cancels out slow/sustained damage against up to three people. Really? Three people can’t do more then 400 damage per second? You can get that solo by autoattacking with an axe if you go condition spec…
A medium condi spec can outdamage this healing by applying no more then 4 bleed stacks, just 1 (!!!) if they poison you as well. OMG

2: You say the regen+mobility is bad, what about thieves? They can stealth, stand 3 feet away from you for half an hour if they want, and regen back to full quite quickly with 30 points in SA. Then we’re not even talking about mobility, in which thieves have no equal.
Besides, mobility will get you back to full anyways if you manage to leave combat. If you don’t then warrior mobility is very comparable to a lot of other classes. 400 HPS will not get you back into fighting condition anytime soon. Think about it, you just got clobbered and have only 3k HP left. You bolt out of there while being chased. After 15 seconds you will have 9k HP…. That’s 15 seconds for your opponent to set up another burst.

3: You only get stunned that frequently if you don’t do anything about it. Remember, the warrior we are talking about here only has 2 stuns, 1 at 300 range and 1 at 120. Like I said, I am only average, but it’s so easy to read…

4: If you do meh average damage, you have no reason to be roaming solo in the first place. Who the hell runs a bunker as a solo roamer? Everything will just run away from you if they can’t kill you. If you run along with another person, see ‘1’.

5: If a warrior traits for shouts and uses mace/shield+GS, then he will do pitiful damage. I don’t even see how you could possibly spare 30 points out of the 0/20/20/0/30 or 0/30/20/0/20 build without significantly reducing both your damage, and, more importantly, your adrenaline regen.

1) It does, seen it done before, though, you’re not factoring in, all these other elements such as High armor, Dodging, the standard of 20 or more points in defense, which gives you adrenal health. Pack shield have your antiburst, can always use signet of Dolyak for the extra toughness, or endure pain for another anti burst. Then you have the absurd mobility from Greatsword. Also choice of foods can also include mango pie, or the usual lemongrass.

2)True enough thieves have downside for the mobility stealth, and damage though, they’re really squishy. However Warriors with Swiftness and GS can escape just as well as a thief believe it or not. Now again factor in Adrenal health while you have a full bar of Adrenaline. it adds up. Not to mention if they ever do catch you for some odd reason. And of course you can always use clensing Ire or escape (shrug)

3) Low CD Skull crack( Can be up to a 4 sec stun), and a mediocre cooldown Shield bash(2 sec). You can force them to blow their stability and stunbreaks. Not to mention it would be common sense to fake them out if you know what they would be expecting.

4) Meh to average damage what i mean by that are non zerker geared characters. Sustained damage with only little bit of burst.

5) Well it’s probably the build i run on my warrior. i can still kill stuff even going 30 in for healing shouts. I can have up to 45% Boon duration(2 Water runes) and stacking might easy for Direct Damage and Condition damage output. I have no problems killing things without stealth. shrug, and not going 30 in discipline is true i won’t have as much flexibility or Adrenaline build up, but that just means I have to use my bursts wisely.

Though as I said before, keep the Healing Signet where it’s at, My Warrior loves using it ;3

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Lucentfir.7430)

in Warrior

Posted by: Zayle.7253

Zayle.7253

Once they fix the Sigil of Paralyzation the FOTM warrior build will lose it’s taste. Those full seconds added to stuns are what is causing all the fuss; the devs didn’t intentionally increase the stun duration on Skull Crack to four seconds.

in Warrior

Posted by: skillionaire.3574

skillionaire.3574

Here are my two cents coming from a Guardian player.

I rolled a guardian back last year and still is my Favourite class to play, from all previous mmos i have always played tanks because of their counter attack style and “war of attrition” type of gameplay. Few months ago i started battling these regen warriors that seemed quite unkillable , like alot of ignorants i judged preemptively, but the reality of it was that i was simply stalemating every battle with them. Seems FAIR to me.

The real issue arises when players come up against builds that are disadvantageous to their favourite ones, then they start crying. There are always counter builds it just happens that atm tanky anti condtion builds are the meta because that’s what pvp/wvw requires for players to survive . (They need to provide some solid evidence not just have the minority of same players moaning the forums and coercing teh devs to nerf something)

I finally have a level 80 warrior (THEIR PERSPECTIVE) and am playing a very tanky regen build with anti condtion food runes etc. I am full defense and v little offense 2300 power, no crit dmg only fury buff at certain times) (suits me fine as i like to slowly chip away at the target while maintaining my sustain.

But i’m not invincible, against hardcore burst thiefs with insane stealth as long as they are good players (i consider myself a very good player) it’s always 50/50. Against FULL condition damage and condition DURATION engis and necros i also can get killed very quickly.

i’ts so simple the answer… if you meet one end of the spectrum of a build counter it by building the opposite and learn to play. Just because it’s not convenient to you at that particular time on the battlefield doesn’t give you the right to demand a nerf. i.e FULL OFF vs FULL DEF and tanky builds are always going to stalemate other tanky builds.
Just because people are crap players they shouldn’t expect the rules to be bent around them.

People complain about healing signet ..yet no mention of rangers troll healing.. no mention of burst thiefs perma stealth. (thiefs currently abusing Cloak and Dagger by spamming keep walls and killing stragglers.) wheres the mention of bunker healing necros?

Every class has their capabilities it’s up to the player to adapt.

The only real issue i see atm with the warrior is this cheese skullcrack build.. just reduce the stun by 1 second problem solved. (anyway GS on warrior sucks …compared to my guardian imo)

As for this food complain. FAIL LOGIC…the advantages of food is there, for EVERY CLASS to take.. it’s not just class specific. If you encounter some warrior runing DM and melandru and FOOD…simple, stack condition duration and cond food..and spam ur condis..(still hurst me like hell)

Heavy classes are perfectly balanced atm imo and if they are nerfed..lol my guardian will superior again..and you’ll end up seeing alot of players especially warriors leave A net. GL

(edited by skillionaire.3574)

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

1) It does, seen it done before, though, you’re not factoring in, all these other elements such as High armor, Dodging, the standard of 20 or more points in defense, which gives you adrenal health. Pack shield have your antiburst, can always use signet of Dolyak for the extra toughness, or endure pain for another anti burst. Then you have the absurd mobility from Greatsword. Also choice of foods can also include mango pie, or the usual lemongrass.

Now you’re saying something else then you were before. You’re talking about dodges and other healing effects, such as Adrenal Health, utilities like endure pain and skills like shield stance. So it’s not just the healing signet outhealing 3 people, it’s a difference in player skill.
Still, your point is bordering ridiculous. You’re saying a warrior can outbunker 3 people, this is proven wrong. I am talking about people with the same level of skill. Not some uplevelled plant that needs watering.
One more thing about this, Adrenal Health’s regen capability is widely overestimated. It heals for like 400 HP every THREE seconds, at full adrenaline. So average healing from this is like 200 HP/3s, which boils down to only 70HPS.

2)True enough thieves have downside for the mobility stealth, and damage though, they’re really squishy. However Warriors with Swiftness and GS can escape just as well as a thief believe it or not. Now again factor in Adrenal health while you have a full bar of Adrenaline. it adds up. Not to mention if they ever do catch you for some odd reason. And of course you can always use clensing Ire or escape (shrug)

It would be something if all that mobility, unpredictable burst, combined with broken stealth mechanics came at no price, wouldn’t it?
True, warriors with a GS and proper traits/runes/food can escape very well. Yet, every class can escape well if they make the right choices. No imbalance there.
And again, if you escape, you will regen back to full anyways, so no advantage for Healing Signet there.
And again, Full Adrenal Health will restore 130HPS…

3) Low CD Skull crack( Can be up to a 4 sec stun), and a mediocre cooldown Shield bash(2 sec). You can force them to blow their stability and stunbreaks. Not to mention it would be common sense to fake them out if you know what they would be expecting.

How can you ‘force’ them to blow stunbreakers with a 2 seconds stun that’s on a 20 second cooldown? Your opponent should see that it’s only 2 seconds, during which the warrior can’t damage you enough to actually force the stunbreaker like you say.
And that’s provided you actually hit it, which again, you need to be in 300 range for…
Skullcrack is on a lower cooldown, but really man, listen to Sting and The Police. Don’t stand so close to me……….

4) Meh to average damage what i mean by that are non zerker geared characters. Sustained damage with only little bit of burst.

So how would those people deal with bunkers? Are you going to say nerf the bunker because we can’t kill them?

If you spec for ‘sustained damage with a bit of burst’, then you need to be aware if you don’t manage to dodge the heaviest bit of burst from your glass cannon opponent, you are going to lose. You can’t expect to make a balanced build and be the best at everything. The word ‘balanced’ actually implies you can not be.

5) Well it’s probably the build i run on my warrior. i can still kill stuff even going 30 in for healing shouts. I can have up to 45% Boon duration(2 Water runes) and stacking might easy for Direct Damage and Condition damage output. I have no problems killing things without stealth. shrug, and not going 30 in discipline is true i won’t have as much flexibility or Adrenaline build up, but that just means I have to use my bursts wisely.

So you’re sacrificing a lot of stuff to become more durable. That seems like a fair trade-off…
And everybody can kill stuff in WvW.
Just yesterday I had a nice duel with a good Mesmer. I thought I was doing ok, then I lost like 14k HP in what seemed like less then 2 seconds, instadowning me. Well played, right? Signet is weak to burst, poison, and has no added effect. Balanced.

Though as I said before, keep the Healing Signet where it’s at, My Warrior loves using it ;3

Agreed.

in Warrior

Cygnus.6903

Few months ago i started battling these regen warriors that seemed quite unkillable , like alot of ignorants i judged preemptively, but the reality of it was that i was simply stalemating every battle with them. Seems FAIR to me.

This is widely considered as unfair. Warriors should be the cannon fodder they were made out to be since launch.

You evolved, which is always good.