What is warrior good at ? Absolutely nothing

in Warrior

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

i have total 5 characters: necromancer, engineer, ranger, thief and warrior. all of them are pretty good balanced and have their own strength’s and weaknesses, except warrior. So lets take for example 100b, which is only way to deal high dmg, the skill itself require utility assist 100b+ bolas or 100b + frenzy and bulls charge, because bulls charge itself is not long enough for 100b to complete. So here is the worst part that newbie/noobs cry about how they get one shot and in serious tournaments 100b war is getting stomped like rat. In general all warrior attacks are slow,clumsy and easy to dodge, it is so hard to take down anyone without quickness.

So some one please answer this:

*Why have warrior point defender while guardian and ele is better in every way ?
*Why have warrior roamer while thief is better ?
*Why have warrior support dps / cc while there are many better choices with more dps and survivability, like rifle engineer ?

another strange thing is that for burst dps class power/precision and crit dmg is required. In warrior traits all those are in different talent tree
how about discipline talent tree where you spent 30 point and get EXTRA 3% BURST DMG !?!?? lol.

Only way to survive for some time is to have shout build with condition remove runes, while guardian removes conditions just from 1 trait every 10 sec

So my suggestions are:
*Make warrior attacks bit faster
*Greatsword need a complete rework, 5th skill of gs should be bulls charge and burst skill should be something different.
*warrior needs more stability buff and condition removal
*Whirling axe should do more damage and automatically give stability for the duration
*Discipline talent tree is a joke
*Warrior defensive traits is a joke
*Critical chance and critical damage should go together in talent tree.
*Warrior is mostly a mele class and deserve perma 25% speed buff

With these changes warrior could be a least playable. I am almost rank 40, i played allot of games and tourneys and i never saw a good warrior, i tried everything with my warrior, every possible build, i can have some fun with noobs in 8×8, but serious tournament is impossible.

in Warrior

Posted by: aNTarTis.2561

aNTarTis.2561

I am commander at my warrior, if not, I switch to guardian without question.

Commander of [XO] Xtreme Online – www.xogamers.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Everyone realizes this at some point and re-roll to Guardian (Defense), Thief (Burst), Elementalist (Defense + Consistent Damage) or Mesmer (Defense + Burst). Those 4 classes are the god-classes and everyone on the 4 classes that are not realize this at some point, and re-roll. I choose thief to burst and get away when I did something stupid.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: aNTarTis.2561

aNTarTis.2561

Everyone realizes this at some point and re-roll to Guardian (Defense), Thief (Burst), Elementalist (Defense + Consistent Damage) or Mesmer (Defense + Burst). Those 4 classes are the god-classes and everyone on the 4 classes that are not realize this at some point, and re-roll. I choose thief to burst and get away when I did something stupid.

dude u have to admit that guardian is not just “defense” they do a lot of damage and can keep alive with ther HP a lot more than a warrior

Commander of [XO] Xtreme Online – www.xogamers.com

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

A lot of damage? Not really compared to the other 3 god-classes, they are much more tank-style or they die in a simple burst. But because of that, they won’t die and dish out damage consistently over a long period of time, making them extremely formidable enemies.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Warrior

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

god-classes, hahaha.
Master of kittens.
begone from here.
If you can’t understand warrior true potential, then it’s not for you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

100b only way to deal high dmg are you srs? I have killed ppl with axe main hand and bull charge b4 they get to their feet . I have killed GS warriors without leaving a scratch. You have a lot of chars and clearly you have gone cookie cutter build and failed. Wars are in no way vunerable to conditions with a traited warhorn and ute’s whilst sacrificing very little damage. You just need to be creative and see where your playstyle meets your weapon/trait choices then your enemies will feel the warrior wrath

Always in all ways

(edited by Booler.6598)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

To say a Warrior is good for nothing, then ask three very specific top-tier sPvP questions of the class, is to forfeit a truly balanced argument about the class.

Even taking your questions into consideration, if Warrior was better at roaming than Thief, then what would a Thief be good for? And don’t tell me “make them equal”, because that’s a hell of a pipe dream.

I don’t know what Warrior’s PvP niche should be. In Conquest game types, I don’t know what it exactly can be. It’s probably somewhere that involves a combo Warrior+Something that absolutely trashes certain scenarios, but I don’t know if the meta is even trying to pair classes into roles or just evaluating each on its own individual merit given a specific situation. However, the class is far from lacking in other areas of the game, so many warriors will probably say they’re happy.

Also, you should have name the thread “War, what is it good for?”

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Angriff.1935

Angriff.1935

I posted it in another thread recently. A warrior is good at sustained damage and pressure with relatively equivalent burst damage to a thief.

The problem is warriors don’t have the longevity in the midst of a fight to make the most of this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Scotto.3609

Scotto.3609

Im sorry but i stopped reading after you proclaimed 100bs the only way to deal high damage, I burst higher and faster on demand.

Now the rest of your post needs to be re written.

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Everyone knows that Whirlwind Attack is where the “real” damage is.

If used correctly.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

I agree with most of the OP’s suggestions. Most of the Warriors traits and mastery are GOD MISLEADING. This is where ANET failed, hard. Warrior right now isn’t noob friendly because the traits lack any form of guide. Reviver’s might, Versatile Power, Determined Revival, Fast Healer, Thick Skin, Armored Attack, Warrior’s Sprint, Desperate Power. All of those masteries are USELESS. Not to mention Discipline’s stats need a god forsaken rework.

The only good traits right now are Strength and Arms, causing it to be the only thing popular. But again, there is no guide or recommended Sigils or runes to even make these traits work with new players.

Warriors are the best initiators if built into a roaming tanky/support initiator. Just that when you spec for defense and tactics, the traits you took look ugly and disagree-able. Add to the fact that initiating with a Warrior takes time to actually learn because you actually need to know how burst and conditions connect via permanent vigor as your only form of defense.

Warrior as a DPS is a godly carry because if your team helps you reach your target via immobilize or help force out stun breaks for you, you can 100 to 0 someone via chain stun way easier than a Thief can. But again, there is no infrastructure telling you how to make this work.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in Warrior

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

In my humble opinion, these are two pressing issues Warriors face in the current state of the game:

1. Forceful Greatsword – in combination with two rapid attacks (Hundred Blades & Whirlwind Attack) this Trait is just too good to justify using any other melee weapon than for niche roles such as Immobilize via Sword F1. I’d like to see it made into a universal Trait that works for all weapons.

2. Forced into spending 30 points in Discipline for 30% Boon Duration. This was bad before, but now that everyone and their grandma have Movement Speed Signets you need that almost-perma-Swiftness from Signet of Rage to at least stand some chance against these kiting kittens.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Warrior

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Never have any problem moving around with Axe / Mace & Sword / Warhorn. No point wasting points in disc as you can keep 100% swiftness with the above & Elite.

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in Warrior

Posted by: Kazin.2073

Kazin.2073

What are warriors good for? best PvE class. /thread

in Warrior

Posted by: Dantir.9430

Dantir.9430

people saying warriors suck probably only saw the 5 signet fail warriors…

in Warrior

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

warriors are hard to master – unlike kitten mesmers. just having your GS and being able to 100b a Risen in 1 skill doesnt make a warrior – you need high situational awareness, nice coordination with quick reflexes and a thought through build thats waterproof against all kinds of offensive tactics – then you can cut through a zerg on the frontline like a boss with your outstanding survivability and huge damage potential (have you looked at the 30 points Quickness trait for example? imba.). it took me a long long time to master this class compared to other games warriors, the low “skillcap” is very misleading, because as a tanky melee you dont need the skills to press the buttons in the right rotation, you need them to keep 1 step ahead of your enemy in terms of brutality.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Warrior

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

And then the lolcondiwarrior attempts.
And then the lolhammer attempts
And then the lol’bunker’ attempts
And then the lolrifle attempts
And then the lolphysical skills attempts

I mean have you even watched the warrior forums? People have been going round and round trying every blasted weapon set, every blasted spec idea, every gimmicky thing.

But the warrior is good at one thing. Being the measuring stick for noobs. Are you dying to HB warriors? Do you find them OP? You are a noob. Once people get passed that benchmark then every warrior build, being sub-par to something involving a GS, then they have advanced to at least average.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Warrior

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I dont play Warrior but I play with/against a lot of them. I see GS working well in PVE but for the life of me I dont understand why I see so many in pvp/wvw. So far the best warriors ive seen use a combo involving an axe or mace, or completely ranged me with rifle.

in Warrior

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

The difference between a Thief’s burst and a Warrior’s burst is that a Warrior’s burst is true AoE, while a Thief’s burst is single-target. So, for example, when an opponent is attempting to revive a downed player, and a Warrior does a 14k Hundred Blades on them, both of the opponents will be hit for 14k each.

Sustained damage is debatable. Because Thieves have superior survivability, they can output more damage over time just because they are up and healthy for longer. When they’re in danger, Thieves can simply swap to shortbow, shadow shot up an impossible-to-reach ledge, and then rain down cluster bombs for 5-8k in an AoE.

in Warrior

Posted by: Fiorrello.8126

Fiorrello.8126

i’m a full exotic warrior. i run around with a full exotic guardian friend.

at first i thought that he was tougher then me because in difficult fights my health bar would be going from half to full twice every fight while his wouldn’t seem to move at all. then i realized that i was holding twice as many mobs as he was in every fight, and when he did start to lose health it would usually be all of it very quickly.

a high defense guardian may seem to be incredibly tough (and they are) but in terms of absolute survival (at least in pve) warrior have them beat.

plus i’m worth 280 extra attack power just for being near me in fights.

in Warrior

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

i’m a full exotic warrior. i run around with a full exotic guardian friend.

at first i thought that he was tougher then me because in difficult fights my health bar would be going from half to full twice every fight while his wouldn’t seem to move at all. then i realized that i was holding twice as many mobs as he was in every fight, and when he did start to lose health it would usually be all of it very quickly.

a high defense guardian may seem to be incredibly tough (and they are) but in terms of absolute survival (at least in pve) warrior have them beat.

plus i’m worth 280 extra attack power just for being near me in fights.

We’re talking PvP here. It’s pretty much undisputed that warriors are good in PvE. However in PvP they suffer from what I like to call the “ursa” problem: huge potential for a lot of consistent melee damage, but absolutely no way to apply it because the counter is as easy as not standing still.

Anyway, staying relevant, the one thing I can really find that warrior does pretty well is initiation/control. We have a lot of AOE control – hammer burst skill, fear me for starters. The only thing is, that just isn’t worth being a warrior over a guardian though.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

in Warrior

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Thread title just makes me think: “WAR huh, what are they good for… absolutely nothin!”

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Warrior

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Thread title just makes me think: “WAR huh, what are they good for… absolutely nothin!”

Haha beat me to it, I can’t tell if it was deliberate or not, but I can’t take this thread seriously ’cause all I can think about is edwin starr. link

Also I’ve seen warriors used to good effect in plenty of tourny games -_-. Even as a point holder, cause some builds hard counter thief burst better than guardians do.

(edited by ens.9854)

in Warrior

Posted by: Dwok Immortalus.2763

Dwok Immortalus.2763

And then the lolcondiwarrior attempts.
And then the lolhammer attempts
And then the lol’bunker’ attempts
And then the lolrifle attempts
And then the lolphysical skills attempts

‘lolcondiwarrior’ is one of the most brutal specs we have for dps. The problem is simply that we have no utilities that support it well.
‘lolhammer’ when used en masse is gamebreaking.
‘lolbunker’ when done right, is on par with a guardian, plus the bonus that we can actually escape if they fight goes bad.
‘lolrifle’, is a gimmick spec that offers little to either sPvP or WvW.
‘lolphysicalskills’ suffers from the same problem of our utilities being awful.

As others have noted, the issue is largely due to two major problems:
* If you aren’t using shouts, you are wasting the utility slot.
* The documentation on many traits are exceptionally poor. For example, Thick Skin is one of the least understood, and most underrated traits in game.

Dwok, the Undying
Support Warrior of Defiance[RUN]
Sanctum of Rall Server

in Warrior

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Things Warrior is good at:

1: Group Support. Warhorn + the Warhorn trait gives Vigor and other nice boons when removing conditions. They do lots of control with Hammer and Mace. Banners can provide AoE perma-regen, damage boosts and defense boosts. The elite Banner is an AoE rez and AoE Signet of Rage.

Healing Shouts provide nice healing, condition removal, and damage boost to the group.

2: Damage. Warriors can do lots of damage with just about any weapon. I’m sure if I was set up for more damage instead of pure defense my hammer could hit alot harder then 850-1200 per swing.

3: “Tank”. I have 3450~ armor, over 30K health, and gain about 500 health a second from Regeneration, Healing Signet, and food. And with my Banners I can give the group, as mentioned earlier, stat boosts

Warrior is good at lots of things

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

in Warrior

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Problem with warriors:

Instead of taking advantage of how superior melee damage is against ranged damage and used the spare stats to increase survivability, they go all for damage increasing that already big number and die every time a fly poops on his head.

Like the guy who posted above me, I have the same stats and can survive almost every situation that would kill any one two times. Also with 15 in strengh my burst refill my endurance which is extra dodges. With soldier runes I have 2 Shake it off (4 AOE condition removal) + FGJ (another AOE condition removal) so conditions are not a problem for me.

Get out of the DPS bubble if you think warriors have issues and you will discover a whole new class.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I think if the conversation is going to go anywhere, it needs to be looked at within this tiny window:

Top-tier tPvP, Conquest-mode maps.

Honestly, if it was just arena style or… any other style of PvP, I bet Warriors would have absolutely no problem being part of the meta in various builds. Kill-shot burst sniper, AoE control/diving, Frenzy 100B/Axe pressure, etc. etc. etc. It seems to be more the game type than the class, I want to say.

Of course, that isn’t to say the class couldn’t use a few pick-me-ups in the “feels” department (I’m looking at you, profession mechanic), but that’s a different discussion.

in Warrior

Posted by: Vicarious.3047

Vicarious.3047

I agree with the OP that warriors in paid tourneys are almost non-existent due to there always being a better class choice over what the warrior can offer (maybe besides a forest creature solo-er in FoN, but in paids and good free teams thats also secondary objectives and thus not that important). and this is incredibly annoying cause i love my warrior and how its mechanics work, but there really is zero point in taking him into any decent tourney for those reasons.

That being said i think the OPs suggestions would simply make the warrior easy mode and quite OP, bringing down massive nerfs putting us even lower then before most likely. So i disagree with that.

What I think should be done is increase main hand sword damage so bleed warriors can be at least a little viable in sPvP, unlike how they are completely useless against any decent team right now, make shouts heal more when traited for it so healing shouters can actually put up heals worth a crap, and lower CDs on longbow so we can actually use it in sPvP.

P.S. discipline tree isnt worthless, its actually quite awesome and has some very nice traits that can make or break certain builds. the increase to burst damage being so low is simply like that to prevent us from getting those 20k evis crits like we used too in beta lol

Things Warrior is good at:

1: Group Support. Warhorn + the Warhorn trait gives Vigor and other nice boons when removing conditions. They do lots of control with Hammer and Mace. Banners can provide AoE perma-regen, damage boosts and defense boosts. The elite Banner is an AoE rez and AoE Signet of Rage.

Healing Shouts provide nice healing, condition removal, and damage boost to the group.

2: Damage. Warriors can do lots of damage with just about any weapon. I’m sure if I was set up for more damage instead of pure defense my hammer could hit alot harder then 850-1200 per swing.

3: “Tank”. I have 3450~ armor, over 30K health, and gain about 500 health a second from Regeneration, Healing Signet, and food. And with my Banners I can give the group, as mentioned earlier, stat boosts

Warrior is good at lots of things

1. warhorn traits are decent at team support, but in real tourneys fall behind for the same reasons bleed warriors are useless atm as well. the conditions they deal are EASILY removed by any decent team and the boons dont last long enough to offer any game changing support. you might as well just take and ele or guardian who can do better without needing an off hand that does zero damage.

banners are horribly useless in tourneys, the buffs are way too small and inconsequential to even be bothered with. same goes for elite banner, the aoe buff isnt as good as the signet of rages, and has a 240 sec CD instead of a 60 sec CD, or 48 if traited. that makes a HUGE difference in sPvP.

oh and healing shouts are only slightly helpful with fully specced into healing, meaning youll be easier to kill and deal less damage, and if you want healing guardians and eles still beat warriors out for the slot.

2. longbow doesnt do near to enough damage, rifle is too easily avoided to be viable in paids, sword hits like a wet noodle without its conditions (which due to there only being 1-3 at a time theyre stripped away very quickly), and mace offers very little in the area of damage. axe, GS, and hammer are really the only viable damage weapons for sPvP warriors atm.

3. healing signet is horrendous in sPvP, the regen is ignorable and the heal is so small its not worth the time to cast, and having lots of armor and health only means itll take a few more seconds to kill you with conditions. theres a reason you dont EVER see warrior bunkers in sPvP.

(edited by Vicarious.3047)

in Warrior

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Good with balanced builds (compared to other professions) and banner support?

in Warrior

Posted by: raven.9870

raven.9870

warrior is good to do everything your be able to do it with it..
if you pretend to push some button and kill people, well you are wrong..if you didn’t notice the game has a different way to play, is much more action..no point target and run in is direction with a simple click..i kill 104 player just with warrrior in an afternoon..after 3 day as newgamer..(i played gw1)..you have to move,smash,dodge,bleed..but first of all..you cant just stand still in the middle of the battle like a fool and pretend to survive..you have to count on toher commarades..retreat when are more then you can andle..don’t complain a class just because is not epic enoug as you espected, this is not gw1, open your mind a play…whenthis game starts? septermber?..kittent we have loads of time..and arenanet will imporve change nerf bilions of times alla the classes..so just sit on your chair and play..have fun..don’t complain..support

Victory at any cost

in Warrior

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

I agree with most of the OP’s suggestions. Most of the Warriors traits and mastery are GOD MISLEADING. This is where ANET failed, hard. Warrior right now isn’t noob friendly because the traits lack any form of guide. Reviver’s might, Versatile Power, Determined Revival, Fast Healer, Thick Skin, Armored Attack, Warrior’s Sprint, Desperate Power. All of those masteries are USELESS. Not to mention Discipline’s stats need a god forsaken rework.

The only good traits right now are Strength and Arms, causing it to be the only thing popular. But again, there is no guide or recommended Sigils or runes to even make these traits work with new players.

Warriors are the best initiators if built into a roaming tanky/support initiator. Just that when you spec for defense and tactics, the traits you took look ugly and disagree-able. Add to the fact that initiating with a Warrior takes time to actually learn because you actually need to know how burst and conditions connect via permanent vigor as your only form of defense.

Warrior as a DPS is a godly carry because if your team helps you reach your target via immobilize or help force out stun breaks for you, you can 100 to 0 someone via chain stun way easier than a Thief can. But again, there is no infrastructure telling you how to make this work.

A class should be able to work on it’s own it shouldn’t require other classes just support it just to be worth anything.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

in Warrior

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

A class should be able to work on it’s own it shouldn’t require other classes just support it just to be worth anything.

You mean like 7/8 classes can? No, sir…You are clearly wrong. Other classes are just OP and we are in a great spot right now. We should all have babysitters to help clean up our poopy. I refuse to be able to stand up on my own feet and be self reliable.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

If 7 out of 8 classes are self-sufficient in top tier tPvP (rangers are in there now too with the engis/necros? nice), that’s a pretty darn good start if you ask me.

It’s a general rule of cooking that you can always add more, but it’s much more difficult to take away. From a balance perspective, having something with a few gameplay gaps allows you to identify them and fix them to fill in the gaps and really make the class well-rounded.

Or maybe, the amount of freedom/flexibility other classes are awarded with a high-pressure Warrior stomping through enemy ranks is greater than any other class, so bringing Warriors up to be on par in all top-tier individual fights could cause a more complex and difficult to manage meta imbalance.

Either way, I’ll be interested to see what they do with Warriors as time goes on. Many people have found ways to make it work at their modes of choice/tiers of play, and the amount of information about top tier teams based on tournament results (I’m not talking in-game tournaments, but third-party/sponsored tournaments that really bring the try-hards) that is public is extremely lacking. The odds of all classes having equal representation is minimal, so all of the bitterness that a class or two are left out in the moderately chilly but not uncomfortable weather is kind of surprising.

Perhaps it’s just being personally affronted that “my” class is the one that’s behind.

Either way, as much as I agree that all classes should be able to work on their own as well, I think that’s a short-sighted ignorance of the fact that the game is designed to be team-oriented.

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathjester.9841

Deathjester.9841

GS/Axe Shield warrior is fine at spvp and I wreck people 1v1 with endure pain up. When it’s down? We can be beat very easily by a GOOD player. Are the defensive cooldowns too long? Possibly.

Keys? 10, 30, 0, 0, 30 build (exact same build for farming gold and WvW). Invest in mobility talents and 50 percent crit dmg on stun (shield charge/evis will always crit).

Is this a class for someone that is slow on hotkeys or makes a ton of mistakes? Nope. You will get wrecked. Are there any other good specs? Hammer/shout build (imo this is a waste, as you are better off playing a better bunker class). Ranged in spvp? Is only going to work against really bad players.

Farming Gold? You couldn’t convince me to play another class. I wreck every event, and take out veterans EXTREMELY fast with GS/axe/shield. I can get from event to event VERY fast. The only time I die with endure pain/shield block is if I do something monumentally stupid.

WvW. Rifle/greatsword. The greatsword is mainly used to get away, and to catch people but in small fights you can gun someone down very fast with a bullscharge.

If you are playing a warrior with all signets in spvp or WvW and not using them? You are doing it wrong. It is ok for farming gold, and even then a GS/axe/shield build will kill vets mobs WAY faster.

You COULD play a signet/on my mark, no endure pain/bullscharge build in WvW, but expect to die alot, unless your realm is horrible and you are always defending walls. Even then? Scorpion wire and no endure pain/no toughness with beserker gear = you are dead.

But yeah, if you are slow on the keyboard, abilities? Do NOT play this class, unless you just want to farm gold with it. You will be very frustrated.

in Warrior

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

I mean have you even watched the warrior forums? People have been going round and round trying every blasted weapon set, every blasted spec idea, every gimmicky thing.

have you seen any class forum? literally every one except thief is a total pity party of people arguing that the class is the worst in the game, needs a total overhaul+buffs, and that it is outclassed by [class xyz] in every way possible.

it’s the most pathetic display of whining i have ever seen in any video game. all everyone does is kittening complain.

warrior is fine, shut the hell up and learn to play.

dragonbrand—

in Warrior

Posted by: CoaxialMazer.9140

CoaxialMazer.9140

have you seen any class forum? literally every one except thief is a total pity party of people arguing that the class is the worst in the game, needs a total overhaul+buffs, and that it is outclassed by [class xyz] in every way possible.

it’s the most pathetic display of whining i have ever seen in any video game. all everyone does is kittening complain.

warrior is fine, shut the hell up and learn to play.

Doesn’t change the fact that you missed the point, we only got 1-3 ways to build into anything viable for every aspect other than tPvP. And to put it bluntly, we are naturally forced to do things other classes don’t. We were supposed to be melee tanky dps (except when you go either a bit too much in one, you lose alot of the other). Don’t call it pathetic for someone to express their feelings about something they want to display, it’s more pathetic for you to say anything in response.

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I think part of why people are a bit angry is because ANet apparently described Warriors as needing help doing things like removing conditions. If ANet specifically designs the Warrior class in such a way that conflicts with how someone wants to play Warrior, you’re going to get some dissension in the ranks.

Dissension doesn’t automatically mean issues, but it also shouldn’t automatically be disregarded.

in Warrior

Posted by: azmodeus.3409

azmodeus.3409

676 hours on warrior in pve/pvp/wwv and i don’t feel imbalanced. but i do more dungeons/fractals than pvp so that would explain why.

in Warrior

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Based on:

“Warrior

We want the Warrior to be capable of good melee damage in a sturdy body. They can still do some decent damage at range, but they aren’t as good at it as the Ranger (with their pet). They have a hard time taking enemy boons down, and instead, have to just go through them with raw force. They may have a hard time with enemy conditions, and may need to ask for ally help in order to keep themselves free of hampering conditions."

(From a PvP/WvW perspective) Warriors can not be further from the vision that ANet has in mind and Warriors are bound for some major overhauls. Going through enemies “with raw force” implies that Warriors can get to the enemy targeted. That in and of itself is flawed because immediately getting into melee does not work that way in this game. And even if catching an opponent in melee is within the capability of the warrior, the warrior has few options to continually hinder the opponent that can remove movement impairing conditions, stealth, teleport, swiftness/leap away, CC the warrior, etc. or if the warrior is built for CC and survivability to get to the target, that Warrior is laughable in damage output besides a gimick multi-utility burst.

Condition removal is not a hinderance to Warriors at all. In fact, the main utility added by Warriors IS condition removal (Warhorn conversion and/or AoE Shout condition removal with Runes of the Soldier). You can’t claim a Warrior doesn’t do condition removal well when it actually is one of the top tier classes to do so (and in an AoE fashion with mobility).

I shake my head.

I don’t get how this vision of the Warrior is even remotely thinking of the competitive side of the game. It’s not like warriors abound with teleports/pulls and even general survivability beyond once in 60-90 second utilities or talents.

Are there changes in store for a major Warrior overhaul of the abilities in PvP ?

in Warrior

Akumu.7238

This isn’t about xyz class beat me up and I can’t do anything. Every build has a hard counter(note: build, not class). It’s about the flaws that holds this class back. The idiots that yell “learn to play” are just that… No matter how “L33T” you are you can’t change the flaws unless you are hacking the game. I’m not in the mood to re-write our obvious flaws but…

1) Please show me your leet warrior skills in high tier TPvP where you are a non GS wielder. Let me see a condition build or a bunker. I would also like to see some of the 2/3 ignored utilities being used. Let me see your vids please. A noob like me could use the help.

2) Show me a video where an Anet Dev laughs at another classes best build.

The ones behind the scenes know warrior is a joke, but are confused on how to fix it. How can ANYONE still defend the class? You are clearly being biased.

We should all be giving suggestions to help get this class on the right track.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

@Artaz: I get your points about Warriors having amazing condi removal, and I think you’re correct that they may be built in a manner that really supports them and their allies with removing conditions.

However, note that ANet mentioned that Warriors may have a hard time with enemy conditions. If anything, that statement is developed to prepare a new player with the journey they’re going to embark on. Sure, if you think “I’m going to build to specifically remove conditions”, you’ll have an easy time. If you don’t though, it suddenly becomes much more difficult. Combine that with the fact that certain conditions (Cripple/Chilled in particular) are extremely hampering to a melee Warrior’s endeavors, and with a general build that has utilities that aren’t shouts, you very well may have a difficult time with enemy conditions.

And if you have someone purging your conditions, you build your utilities around being more of a chaotic force, and you contribute much better to the fight.

If anything, I think the description of Warrior is highly appropriate, albeit extremely unflattering. It also assumes that a Warrior isn’t gearing strictly for damage, which is probably one of the large issues people have with trying it, especially in the early stages. The lure of Berserker gear is extreme, but it really just doesn’t synergize with the rest of the class unless you have entrance/exit strategies planned out with mitigations chained together (Whirlwind -> Dodge -> Dodge, or SoR with Rune of Lyssa -> Rush after condis are cleared and Swiftness is up, etc.).

I’m sure you can build every class in a way that goes against how ANet describes them, but that doesn’t mean they “can not be further from the vision that ANet has in mind”.

@Akumu: Please link the interview, including the time of the laugh. You’ve been carrying that bruise everywhere, to the point where I have to think it’s exaggerated.

in Warrior

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

I would prefer to have a warrior roamed assisting me bunkering mid in tpvp than I would a thief. A thief can burst one target and get out, warriors 100b can hit multiple targets, and considering a teammate can set up the cc easy as kitten it can be used quite frequently. Oh their team is trying to Res a player? Warrior 100b the lot of them make those kittenes pay for trying to Rez. A backstab thief can’t assist in other things other than dps, nowhere near as easily as a warrior. A warrior can provide cc’s like shield bash and bull rush, fear me, or stomp, a backstab thief doesn’t brig any cc to the group.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Warrior

Akumu.7238

I have linked this video plenty of times already…

1 sec

in Warrior

Akumu.7238

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

I have linked this video plenty of times already…

1 sec

Sorry, I looked through your previous messages and found it.

The laughter is aimed at the fact that people are still complaining about an ability that many have figured out. It’s like every week someone comes on and says “100B needs a nerf, it kills me in 2 seconds”, etc. etc. etc. I’ve seen it so much that I have to laugh to avoid crying, because people are dying to a combo that’s extremely easy to counter/avoid because they don’t understand the game.

In this context, he then describes how Warriors are often left on the sidelines in the top-tier play because they get chain snared and otherwise dealt with, so there’s a challenge in balancing a class so that it doesn’t just kill every low-level player ever (remember Thieves?), while still maintaining usefulness at the top tier.

The fact that you seem to have taken personal offense at that clip seems to me like you completely misunderstood it or are overly sensitive about the class.

TL;DR – I saw it as a chuckle of exasperation at the chore of trying to balance a class like Warrior for both low-level and high-level players. That’s all.

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

in Warrior

Posted by: Kapoun.1702

Kapoun.1702

I would prefer to have a warrior roamed assisting me bunkering mid in tpvp than I would a thief. A thief can burst one target and get out, warriors 100b can hit multiple targets, and considering a teammate can set up the cc easy as kitten it can be used quite frequently. Oh their team is trying to Res a player? Warrior 100b the lot of them make those kittenes pay for trying to Rez. A backstab thief can’t assist in other things other than dps, nowhere near as easily as a warrior. A warrior can provide cc’s like shield bash and bull rush, fear me, or stomp, a backstab thief doesn’t brig any cc to the group.

Thief can shadow refuge ress teamate, fast cluster bomb spam on close target, steal fear/whirling axe for mass aoe to take down people that try to ress, dancing dagger hits both twice (jumps 4 times), trick shot, spam daze with pistol for interupt and many many more……. i guess your team suck if you prefer a war.

and 100b warrior burst build could not survive mass fight and would be first one to fall

in Warrior

Akumu.7238

GS glass cannon is our best build. If it is not top tier ready then warrior is not in a good spot. Our BEST is easily avoidable by anyone that knows how to play the game… That’s just about greatsword and says a lot about our other builds, which doesn’t come close to GS glass cannon.

Again, how can ANYONE defend the class as if it’s the best and this is just common forum crying?

You don’t have to agree with me on how bad the class is. However, everyone should be able to agree that the warrior is NOT in a good spot by now.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

in Warrior

Posted by: Deathjester.9841

Deathjester.9841

This isn’t about xyz class beat me up and I can’t do anything. Every build has a hard counter(note: build, not class). It’s about the flaws that holds this class back. The idiots that yell “learn to play” are just that… No matter how “L33T” you are you can’t change the flaws unless you are hacking the game. I’m not in the mood to re-write our obvious flaws but…

1) Please show me your leet warrior skills in high tier TPvP where you are a non GS wielder. Let me see a condition build or a bunker. I would also like to see some of the 2/3 ignored utilities being used. Let me see your vids please. A noob like me could use the help.

2) Show me a video where an Anet Dev laughs at another classes best build.

The ones behind the scenes know warrior is a joke, but are confused on how to fix it. How can ANYONE still defend the class? You are clearly being biased.

We should all be giving suggestions to help get this class on the right track.

And? Bunkers have taken the place of healers in this game. The problem isn’t that the warrior is necessarily under powered, it is that bunker builds are absolutely ridiculous.

I could say the same thing about other classes who are forced to spec bunker, and not because their other specs are garbage, but because bunker builds are so stupidly OP in a capture and hold game.

Bunker? Has to go. Then and only then can you balance this game. This game has become about stacking bunkers just like WoW was about stacking healers in rated BG’s.

All non bunker specs are fighting for the few spots remaining on a team and it just comes down to who is the best non bunker spec. All classes who aren’t the top non bunker spec? Are complaining they are severely OP. This is not unique to the warrior class.

Why do healers and tanks in other mmo’s and bunkers in this game even exist? So that people who are slow on their keyboard can compete in the game and bring combat down to a crawl.

If you are asking for the warrior to be given an OP bunker build as well? No, just no. The last thing this game needs is more specs that are overplayed, where you can make several errors and be a bad player and the spec allows you to recover.

in Warrior

Akumu.7238

^Too bad for you Anet has accepted the way TPvP is played. Bunkers will remain, so get used to it. Stacking bunkers is also a very stupid idea.

Also, Players enjoy bunkers because that is their playstyle. I have been a tank since the start of my (MMO)RPG career. Regardless of the game I lean towards a tank style character. I find DPS and big numbers very boring if I can’t stand in front of a threat.
It has nothing to do with covering up bad skills. The Holy Trinity will always reach out and touch the hearts of rpg players. It doesn’t matter how much a company tries to hide it.

Either way, you are missing the point completely.

(edited by Akumu.7238)