WvsW-Upset with Warrior vs Elite Specs

in Warrior

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Zerker is a gimmick spec, everyone knows how to counter most of it by now. Running Gunflame gives you the most viable way to deal with the meta in wvsw but its kitten sniper build.

Vanilla warrior is power only. That’s what I run. And I keep getting more and more frustrated as time goes on when I run into enemies I cannot hurt much less kill. This damage reduction meta is ridiculous. Fighting scrappers…..tempests…..or druids that stack boons like protection and regen and food like 10% DAMAGE REDUCTION 15% BOON DURATION WTF makes fights the stupidest things ever lately. Just sitting in a tower cleaving at this tempest and they just proc 1 damage reduction after another….to the point where I couldn’t cleave them if they stood still the entire time. Pure invulnerabilities…..no crit earth style…..10% damage reduction food…..protection….just wtf is with stuff? I mean the only bright side if that they don’t have enough damage to actually kill me either…..but I gotta really work to not die! And usually this is when im defending or attacking an objective….and thats no fun to be fighting all day just waiting for more of them to come and kill me. And the pve doesn’t last against such fights…could be defending the lord and its gonna die since it has pretty much no regen to deal with or counter the slow cooker damage. They just sit there and spam aoe 1v1 and they win….cause reasons.

Was dealing with scrapper and it was the exact same thing. Whenever I down some1 they just tossed stealth and cc aoe all over them and they have their stupid robot heal them along with themselves. So even with stability, I can’t flag plant cause of the stealth and the speed of their heal. I can’t cleave, cause their heal is stronger than my cleave (like wtf how is that possible I’m full zerk 3k power?!!??). ANd whenever I get damage in on the scrapper they always have that failsafe where they go small and get a pure invulnerability when they hit 25% or whatever…..and they just run inside their keep again and ooc cause they have stealth which seems to help you occ even faster. THen they come out again and spam aoe and robots everywhere that I have to kill and get hit by aoe and they do these kitten attack combo…..you know that 3 jump/roll one that seems to grant invulnerability and heal them while they do it they jsut do that all the time.

I mean I look at their skilset on build editor and it jsut makes me angrier.
Elixur U vs frenzy…..!!??!!!!?!?!?! WHYYYYYYY IS FRENZY SO MUCH CRAPPIER?
Elixur C vs berserker stance….more utility to say the least
Elixiur R grants up to 5 dodges in a row if ur not running elite spec (Can I have this?)
Elixur S I would take over endure pain anyday in this meta. Instead I need endure pain and berserker stance.

And druids they just stack regen and damage reduction and use their movement skills to play that kids game monkey something with 2 people rather than 3. They jump back and forth making me run after them to hit them and they just range and stack invulnerabilities and damage reductions and cc everytime I get close. God forbid there are 2 of them doing this to me.

And then there’s the difference in downed state abilities. I DON’T CARE ABOUT VENGEANCE. ITS STUPID. REMOVE IT. If ur going to nerf my ability to kill downed players and my ability to fight while in downed state because of it then GET RID OF IT.

Then I gotta deal with people who message me insults and automatically block and switch to offline status cause they are scared little kittens who live in constant fear of my wrath. I know I’m awesome, you don’t have to keep reminding me its getting old.

If ur new to warrior all I can suggest at this point is: GO zerker spec and then (a) go gunflame and be a sniper (b) go condi and be a melee brute.

TL:DR Alot of the classes make me feel stupid when I play power warrior and it hurts my feeeeeeelings. And I take my anger out on innocent kittens, in order to reassert my sense of dominance and dominion. Comment and help me feel better.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Idk man, I saw a warrior the other night running gs and a/sh, and he was unkillable 1v1. My Scrapper couldn’t even scratch him. I ended up needing help from a pug to bring him down, and even that was really close. So much regen.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Warrior

Posted by: eXruina.4956

eXruina.4956

I kind of understand where you’re coming from.. think of it this way.. I’m guessing you’ve played other mmos much like most of us so base it on your experience.

Balance has always and probably will always be questionable/unreachable I have yet to see a truly balanced 1:1 per class scenario in any game. They try to design and tune it as such but it may be a practical impossibility. I don’t know for sure, I’m just saying this out of experience really.

Just play it to the best of your ability and have fun with it, every win is a WIN when you’re the underdog. ^^

When you truly tire of it and feel it unreasonable or you’re just not having fun anymore (Mesmers *cough good Mesmers) try rolling another class.. I know the pains of re-arming a whole new character to end game but it’d probably be worth it at that point. ^____^

Also as much as we want to affect game design, balance, etc.. (LOOTS!! T____T) we don’t really have a say in it.. just hope that ANET slips on a banana peel to the ideal direction.. (BUFF WARRIORS MOAR!!) (“(>____<)”)

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Idk man, I saw a warrior the other night running gs and a/sh, and he was unkillable 1v1. My Scrapper couldn’t even scratch him. I ended up needing help from a pug to bring him down, and even that was really close. So much regen.

Not gonna question ur ability bro but you know how warriors work right? Adrenal health is their sustain, all you gotta do is not get hit by every burst they land. Outside of that, the only other stuff they have is passive health regen, defiant stance which is a gimmick ‘onhit heal’ mechanic, and stuff nobody uses like ‘to the limit’ which is normal burst hp regen every 30 sec. With adrenal: Dodging eviscerate is easy, that just leaves arcing slice which is more difficult to dodge but has a windup time that shouldn’t be landing 1/3 of the time since u should be actively dodging/blocking and kiting. Outside of that…..2 endure pains potentially to get past (just kite)….berserker stance and healing signet are the only real resistance to condi so again just kite. If they running berserker spec….again just dodge and then kite when you see red flames. And if they are hurting you or pressing you they are likely always full damage spec. Half the fight you should be kiting them regardless of ur weaponset.

Yet you couldn’t even ‘scratch him’? I mean that implies something else right there given warriors don’t run regen or protection boons.

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in Warrior

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

What server was this warrior from?

Also first of all, berserker is the easiest class to play right now and survive on. Every noob warrior is playing it and get carried by AoE arcing divider granting them 3 stacks of adrenal health with a fast aoe.

Nerf adrenal health to 1 stack per burst during berserker mode.

Secondly, our mobility needs complete overwork. Most classes can go out of combat on will and demand. Make skills like rush and savage leap cast faster and go from point A to B much faster.

Make warriors sprint grant 33% movement speed instead of 25%.

A person with swiftness will travel same or more distance than a warrior with 25% movement speed while using whirlwind and rush to cover ground.

(edited by KhainPride.3987)

in Warrior

Posted by: Hoaxintelligence.4628

Hoaxintelligence.4628

Full melee ftw. Dont need a rifle to make war viable. I prefer longbow over rifle when go longrange.
@ khainpride
Why do you want to nerf war sustain. Whut? Didnt war had enough nerfs in the past?
Why 33% movement speed. You want to turn war into a brainless kite bot?

Sît[MII]Ultimate Dominator
U N D E R W O R L D
W v W-r o a m e r

in Warrior

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Full melee ftw. Dont need a rifle to make war viable. I prefer longbow over rifle when go longrange.
@ khainpride
Why do you want to nerf war sustain. Whut? Didnt war had enough nerfs in the past?
Why 33% movement speed. You want to turn war into a brainless kite bot?

Because Druids with swoop/staff 3, stealth, and perma swiftness aren’t these things already?

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Posted by: Abracadabra.3296

Abracadabra.3296

@OP

I’m not sure if this is much help but I play a survival/condi build on my Warrior in WvW and (most of the time) in PvP as well. For weapons, I run sword/torch and mace/shield. While my mobility is somewhat limited with only have that 1 leap, overall I find the build of this Warrior to be VERY effective in most 1v1 and 1vX situations.

Basically, I’m able to have so much sustaining condi DPS combined with my regen that most classes can’t survive long after they get through my initial bomb due to the constant pressure. Also, I often run a + health regen food so combined with the adrenal and the normal healing signet, I’m constantly healing a large portion of the damage they try to do to me.

I wouldn’t think the build/play style is for everyone but I really enjoy it and find it just funny when players panic. Oh, and as for ele’s, well, with all those condi’s plus about 10 or more stacks of confusion, they pretty much just explode themselves.

BEHOLD MY EPICNESS:

Attachments:

“I am become death, the shatter of worlds.”
Roaming Troll Warrior: Melee Conditions
GW2 Roleplayers – JOIN US! GW2 RP

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

Ran into a Sw/sh +lb warrior the other day, 12k burn ticks. I got ded

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

No self respecting Warrior plays condi though =) Be a man

in Warrior

Abracadabra.3296

No self respecting Warrior plays condi though =) Be a man

Um… that would require one of those identity repair kits since last I checked from that photo I posted, my warrior is a female…

in Warrior

Furajir.3815

At least grow a beard!

in Warrior

Abracadabra.3296

At least grow a beard!

LOL! Okies. I’ll try to talk in a low voice too…

in Warrior

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

Also first of all, berserker is the easiest class to play right now and survive on. Every noob warrior is playing it and get carried by AoE arcing divider granting them 3 stacks of adrenal health with a fast aoe.

Secondly, our mobility needs complete overwork. Most classes can go out of combat on will and demand. Make skills like rush and savage leap cast faster and go from point A to B much faster.

A person with swiftness will travel same or more distance than a warrior with 25% movement speed while using whirlwind and rush to cover ground.

Are u serious?

Warrior already has the best mobility hands down heavy armor.

so many people already abusing that mobility to troll people in wvw like Cerby does.

makes me sigh when i see warriors spam that laugh and abuse that high burst mobility to run off hp full and then engage again.

in Warrior

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Zerker is a gimmick spec, everyone knows how to counter most of it by now. Running Gunflame gives you the most viable way to deal with the meta in wvsw but its kitten sniper build.

You should know how to counter every elite by now…js

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

Mmkay.

Dh – use an unblockable, dodge their trap and clear condi immediately cause it BURNS
chrono – cleave, dodge, cleave, dodge….repeat till some1 dies
druid – cleave, dodge, cleave, dodge…..repeat until nobody dies.
Rev – use an unblockable, burst them
berserker – dodge when red flames happen
daredevil – cleave air, dodge, and block while they are stealthed; use unblockable
scrapper – facepalm till some1 dies.
Tempest – Run condi or jump off a cliff
reaper – cleave cleave cleave….make them use their dodge then cleaveee. use blocks/endurepains when in reaper form.

What does Js mean? Jesus?

Knowing how to counter something doesn’t mean I CAN counter it with warrior’s skillpool….dats kind of the point of the thread. Also explain to me how to counter a druid…like you just chase and whack them with ur gs all day, u cant stop their heals or anything and most of ur combo won’t matter, u just whack them indiscriminately and hope they haven’t stacked enough damage reduction and regen to make it impossible.

in Warrior

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Adrenal health is their sustain, all you gotta do is not get hit by every burst they land.

You dont need to land every burst. Just1 burst every 15 seconds which is quite easy to do.

arcing slice which is more difficult to dodge but has a windup time that shouldn’t be landing 1/3 of the time since u should be actively dodging/blocking and kiting.

A good warrior should be using Arc Divider which is very very easy to land. It as a 450 range range. When not in berserker mode, they should be using shield bash to set up the eviscerate landing.

Yet you couldn’t even ‘scratch him’? I mean that implies something else right there given warriors don’t run regen or protection boons.

Most power melee warriors i know are running Defender or Durability runes. Defender gives tons of Regen. Durablity gives both regen and protection.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Warrior

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Mmkay.

Dh – use an unblockable, dodge their trap and clear condi immediately cause it BURNS
chrono – cleave, dodge, cleave, dodge….repeat till some1 dies
druid – cleave, dodge, cleave, dodge…..repeat until nobody dies.
Rev – use an unblockable, burst them
berserker – dodge when red flames happen
daredevil – cleave air, dodge, and block while they are stealthed; use unblockable
scrapper – facepalm till some1 dies.
Tempest – Run condi or jump off a cliff
reaper – cleave cleave cleave….make them use their dodge then cleaveee. use blocks/endurepains when in reaper form.

What does Js mean? Jesus?

Knowing how to counter something doesn’t mean I CAN counter it with warrior’s skillpool….dats kind of the point of the thread. Also explain to me how to counter a druid…like you just chase and whack them with ur gs all day, u cant stop their heals or anything and most of ur combo won’t matter, u just whack them indiscriminately and hope they haven’t stacked enough damage reduction and regen to make it impossible.

It means just saying lol and every class has a counter and yes one build of warrior might not counter everything but neither does any other classes one build…every profession has professions they are strong and weak against and have ones that are strong or weak aginst them. I think with the amount of blocks, stunbreaks, and condi mitigation warrior has it is in a better spot then a lot.
Edit:now since adrenal health change

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)

in Warrior

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Adrenal health is their sustain, all you gotta do is not get hit by every burst they land.

You dont need to land every burst. Just1 burst every 15 seconds which is quite easy to do.

arcing slice which is more difficult to dodge but has a windup time that shouldn’t be landing 1/3 of the time since u should be actively dodging/blocking and kiting.

A good warrior should be using Arc Divider which is very very easy to land. It as a 450 range range. When not in berserker mode, they should be using shield bash to set up the eviscerate landing.

Most power melee warriors i know are running Defender or Durability runes. Defender gives tons of Regen. Durablity gives both regen and protection.

Exactly. Here’s a list of things that a scrapper wants to dodge
Eviscerate
Decapitate
Shield Bash
Whirling Attack (will do over half of health if crits line up)
Hundred Blades (can walk out of they way if they don’t use quickness or cc)
Arcing Slice
Arc Divider
Headbutt

It’s extremely difficult to dish out damage to a warrior in melee when the warrior has so many dangerous moves. Additionally, the warrior can choose to pop endure pain or shield block whenever the scrapper throws out hammer 5, and if the warrior is running rousing resilience, the scrapper’s hard cc becomes obsolete.

I have an evade and a block on hammer, but I can’t teleport out of combat, so the warrior is going to land at least one burst, which means large healing and huge damage.

Also, when your assistance is a random player, you can’t depend on that player to dodge every burst, so the warrior has much higher adrenal health uptime than the dps of two power specs can handle.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Warrior

Cerby.1069

I have an evade and a block on hammer, but I can’t teleport out of combat, so the warrior is going to land at least one burst, which means large healing and huge damage.

Use stealth…its just as effective if not more effective than a teleport when leaving combat. You have huge stealth duration especially after ur bot thing dies….you can easily give the warrior the slip. If he’s really that good why weren’t you using stealth when he proc’s his 60 second cd’s? ALlows you time to regen, time to negate the effects of the abilities he uses, allows you to run if you so choose, allows you to setup and land a bunch of cc and combo on him after his ability is done and on cd.

in Warrior

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

berserker is way better then vanilla war. you should re evaluate your life choices bro.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Warrior

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

I run power warrior / berserker and the truth is without the zerker trait line you’re leaving a lot of powerful traits out of your build. I hate condi builds in general and have never run one on my warrior. I would suggest experimenting and find something that works better for you.

in Warrior

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Please tell me you’re kidding with those suggestions on mobility.

in Warrior

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

With the exception of 33% (which I’m ambivalent about), I’d say the mobility requests are right on target. Warrior is predominantly melee oriented, it’s mobility is pretty middle of the pack, and a lot of our skills are still hampered by movement conditions.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)