Better listing from Kratos

Gunnar’s Hold · Draugur [Drgr] Brimhorn and yes I have a pink quaggan backpack

(edited by Vazir.5867)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Kratos.6293

Kratos.6293

Warrior:
Rampage: This elite skill now also provides 20 seconds of swiftness.
Smash: This skill now causes a 2-second cripple. Increased the maximum number of targets to 3.
Bash: This skill no longer causes cripple. It now causes 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds. Increased the maximum number of targets to 3. Fixed a bug so that this skill properly displays in the attack chain.
Uppercut: This skill no longer causes vulnerability; it now dazes the target for half a second. Increased the maximum number of targets to 3. Fixed a bug so that this skill is properly displayed in the attack chain.
Dash: This skill no longer knocks back the player’s target. Reduced the recharge to 6 seconds. Increased the damage by 100%. Cleaned up the animation so that it will hit the target more quickly when used at close range.
Throw Boulder: This skill now causes a 2-second stun. Increased the damage by 65%. Increased the projectile velocity by 50%.
Seismic Leap: This skill has replaced Stomp. It is now a ground-targeted, 2-second AoE knockdown with a 600-unit range.
Bull’s Charge: Cleaned up the animation so it will hit the target more quickly when used at close range.
Staggering Blow: Fixed an issue that caused players to stop in place after using this skill.
Signet of Might: The activated unblockable buff now lasts for 5 strikes.
Impale: This skill now applies torment instead of bleeding. Two stacks of torment are now applied upon the sword’s impact.
Mending: Reduced the recharge to 20 seconds. Decreased the base heal by 6%. Scaling with healing power has been decreased by 20%. This skill now removes 3 conditions.
Healing Signet (Passive): Reworked the formula that this passive heal uses. At level 80, this skill goes from 392 healing per 3 seconds to 467 healing per 3 seconds with 1500 healing power.
Healing Surge (Stage 0 Heal): Increased the base heal by 12%. Scaling with healing power has been decreased by 10%.
Healing Surge (Stage 1 Heal): Increased the base heal by 11%.
Healing Surge (Stage 2 Heal): Increased the base heal by 19%. Scaling with healing power has been increased by 25%.
Healing Surge (Stage 3 Heal): Increased the base heal by 16.5%. Scaling with healing power has been increased by 50%.
Rush: Cleaned up the animation so that this skill will have a smoother transition when approaching the target.
Heightened Focus: This trait now applies the appropriate crit chance per adrenaline level.
Berserker’s Power: This trait now applies the appropriate damage increase per adrenaline level.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: stefanplc.5234

stefanplc.5234

can you post your source?

Matale & Sohpital – Warrior & Thief PvP
www.youtube.com/stefanplc

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

So now Rampage will be promoted from an occasional alternative to warbanner to being the main elite of my hammer warrior? I love that skill.

Also DEM HEALZ!

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

stefanplc.5234

changes sound awesome!

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Helped Rush, helped Bull’s Charge, fixed Staggering Blow, increased the amount my heal of choice heals for?

I simply couldn’t be happier. I’m a bit confused by the Healing Signet change, because it seems intensely underwhelming. Maybe someone can prove me wrong. Also, kind of considering using Rampage as my elite now, if only to test it out.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Not just buffs. Sword #4 (impale- rip) has been the weakest sword skill in the game. Very difficult to get the rip land against any moving opponent, clunky animation + glitched. Now instead of 4 bleed stacks it will apply 2 stacks of torment. That is more than 50% damage nerf in many cases. Granted 2 stacks of torment can act as a cover condition, but still…

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Not just buffs. Sword #4 (impale- rip) has been the weakest sword skill in the game. Very difficult to get the rip land against any moving opponent, clunky animation + glitched. Now instead of 4 bleed stacks it will apply 2 stacks of torment. That is more than 50% damage nerf in many cases. Granted 2 stacks of torment can act as a cover condition, but still…

For Impale, the wording on the skill seems to imply all the bleeding is changed into torment, AND there’s 2 additional stacks applied at once at impact instead of only those that happen over time.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Aye, Healing signet thingy confuses me, hopefully it’s a typo and they mean adrenal health or else it’s a nerf for the signet…

(edited by Vazir.5867)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

This is a nice buff for engineer as well, as we get rampage through Elixir X. So watch out for little pistol wielding asuras, you might get a shock :P The healing surge change is awesome for my hammer warrior, should be about 10k healing now right?

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

For Impale, the wording on the skill seems to imply all the bleeding is changed into torment, AND there’s 2 additional stacks applied at once at impact instead of only those that happen over time.

Agreed. Also, the way torment works should mean that landing that second attack will be far easier. If they do try to move it’ll simply increase the damage the torment will do to them.

So while landing that second part will still be hard, we should be doing at least 60% more damage just from conditions if they were to me moving for the duration.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

Can someone from Anet please clarify if there is a typo on the healing skills now getting less effective healing from the Healing Power stat?

Because having decreased values on the first 3 stages of Adrenalinne Surge, Signet, and Mending is kinda confusing.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Ok so I’ll break down the healing changes.

Healing Signet:
Healing Power is now more useful with healing signet, before hand it didn’t increase the amount healed enough to be useful.

Healing Surge:
They changed the values to bring it more in line with a Warriors health pool. That’s why the base healing has increased so much. Then they also tied in +healing to be more effective.

Mending:
Small decrease in health earned, +1 condition removed.
20sec cd
(personally, still won’t be taking this, just yet because the HP gained doesn’t put a big enough dent in our health pool).

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Defektive.7283)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Healing Signet:
Healing Power is now more useful with healing signet, before hand it didn’t increase the amount healed enough to be useful.

Healing Surge:
They changed the values to bring it more in line with a Warriors health pool. thats why the base healing as increased so much. Then they also tied in +healing to be more affective.

Mending:
Small increase in health earned, +1 condition removed.
20sec cd
(personally, still won’t be taking this, just yet).

But if it works every three seconds, it’s even weaker now.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Veritas.6071

Veritas.6071

Healing Signet:

Healing Surge:
They changed the values to bring it more in line with a Warriors health pool. thats why the base healing as increased so much. Then they also tied in +healing to be more affective.

Mending:
20sec cd

Healing Signet, pre-patch, healed for 200/second without healing power. Now with 1500 healing power, 155.6/second. The active scales at about .5 which makes it the worst scaling active we have, and therefore, poor in a heavy healing power build.

Ve·ri·tas [English ver-i-tahs] A Latin noun meaning Truth.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Healing Signet:

Healing Surge:

Mending:
20sec cd

Healing Signet, pre-patch, healed for 200/second without healing power. Now with 1500 healing power, 155.6/second. The active scales at about .5 which makes it the worst scaling active we have, and therefore, poor in a heavy healing power build.

I think you misread the Mending notes: Mending: Reduced the recharge to 20 seconds. Decreased the base heal by 6%. Scaling with healing power has been decreased by 20%. This skill now removes 3 conditions.

Ok then Mending is useless now.

And I believe the Signet tooltip may be wrong then. Will confirm in-game.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

I’m not sure how well would Valkyrie amulet go with Healing Surge, instead of Soldier. 6k more health is still quite an amount thou.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Croustibat.7035

Croustibat.7035

Rampage sounds … awesomely fun !
Healing Surge is going to be huuuge

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

The heal sig is a typo. The numbers are correct but it should say per second. Yes, that is correct, 392 health per second.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

Healing Signet:

Healing Surge:

Mending:
20sec cd

I think you misread the Mending notes: Mending: Reduced the recharge to 20 seconds. Decreased the base heal by 6%. Scaling with healing power has been decreased by 20%. This skill now removes 3 conditions.

Ok then Mending is useless now.

And I believe the Signet tooltip may be wrong then. Will confirm in-game.

Well the on the plus side for Mending, because it had it’s cooldown reduced by 20% and it’s base heal decreased by only 6%, it works out to be a small buff. It will heal, if used on cooldown, a tad better than it used to, but heavy healing power builds will see no significant change, as it’s coefficient was reduced by 20%.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

The heal sig is a typo. The numbers are correct but it should say per second. Yes, that is correct, 392 health per second.

Oh.
Snap.

392/sec is pretty gd strong!

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Vazir.5867

Vazir.5867

Ah nice, ty

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

stefanplc.5234

Healing Surge with condition removal utilities and runes of Lyssa was pretty good and almost there for sustainability (for my play style). The only issue was that I constantly felt that when I played well, I couldn’t keep up with the damage that I was taking but not by a lot, just barely not making it through. I think this small buff might be just what I was missing. Really looking forward to testing things out!

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Belldandy.7284

Belldandy.7284

Time for Merciless battle later..

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

Just wanna say I love the changes to Impale. Impale/Rip has always been my favourite skill, but with Impale now putting on Torment instead of bleeds it gives it the spice it needed.

Good stuff.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Oh.
Snap.

Intensely intrigued now. For those playing the home game, that’s 7840 health over a 20 second period, as opposed to 4000 (what it sounds like it was before). With no healing power (if I’m reading that correctly).

I may still prefer Healing Surge for the adren, but then again, maybe not.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Oh.
Snap.

Intensely intrigued now. For those playing the home game, that’s 7840 health over a 20 second period, as opposed to 4000 (what it sounds like it was before). With no healing power (if I’m reading that correctly).

Surge is going to be a 14000-15000 heal now (I believe, not at home so I can’t test).

Technically speaking, surge is still better than Signet, plus it gives adren.

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

I’m glad you guys held off on the previous -5 seconds to all healing cooldowns change. Honestly, those felt a little “knee jerk” to me. These changes appear to be much more solid.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

Hmm, 392 hps is quite strong, and is healing for 100 hps more than current Healing Surge. I’ll have to test it, but this could end up being our best heal, especially when combined with lower signet cd, which I could always get instead of DotE or Warrior’s Sprint. Can’t wait to try it out.

Edit: Defektive, Healing Surge is going to be a 10k heal at full adrenaline now, not 14-15k, without healing power of course. Healing Surge would be a better option for Valkyrie amulet than Signet I think.

Edit2: My bad, didn’t take all the stages into calculation. Yeh, you may be right, I expect somewhere around 14k too, will need to calculate it.

Edit3: kitten it, I may be right. Because you aren’t going to add all those increases at every stage. That is, Stage 0 is now going to be around 6k instead of 5240, Stage 1 is therefor going to get increased to 6.5k, and so on. You may as well just calculate +16.5% on 8440 to get the max heal without healing power.

(edited by Krilce.7864)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I like all those changes. Rampage still seems extremely gimmicky but other than that they are all good.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

What is the uppercut skill from rampage, do rampage have 6 skills?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Dr Ishmael.9685

Dr Ishmael.9685

Autoattack chain that didn’t display properly before: Smash → Bash → Uppercut.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

i guess i gotta start relearning how to play warrior again and make new builds.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

one of those must be a chain ability maybe..

This patch might give us an option other than trying to run around in a wet noodle high hp build and doing some stuns b4 running away again.

Melandru nerf frees up rune choice again :p

I hope the animation cleanup is actually that. IF so with other stuff, its gonna be game on!

I don’t understand why they did not give us a lil heads up though? People were frustrated, a simple, “we hear you guys, and are refining and fixing items” would have been huge.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

Oh.
Snap.

Surge is going to be a 14000-15000 heal now (I believe, not at home so I can’t test).

Healing Surge:
Every stage should look like:
0: 5868(0.9) 195.6 HPS without healing power
1: 6526(1.0) 217.5 HPS
2: 8139(1.25) 271 HPS
3: 9823(1.5) 327.4 HPS

Strength will come from those massive coefficients. Stage 3 heal at 1500 healing power will look like:
9823 + 1500(1.5) = 12082 or 402 HPS.

Mending:
5226(.8) 261 HPS without healing power

Healing Signet (Passive):
392 healing per second to 467 healing per second with 1500 healing power.

If my math is correct, Healing Signet is the choice for straight healing. Mending still provides a solid middle of the road heal as well as now removing 3 condis. Healing Surge brings the extra utility of adrenaline control combined with the ability to get a really, really solid heal at full adrenaline.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I thought the warrior healing buffs were going to be PvP only, you know, because warriors aren’t exactly a weak profession in PvE. What happened to the PvP only change?

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I know ill be using Healing Signet on almost all of my PvE encounters from now on!

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Here i come..RUUUN. cant w8 for patch to test stuff now

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Defektive.7283

Oh.
Snap.

Healing Surge:

Strength will come from those massive coefficients. Stage 3 heal at 1500 healing power will look like:

Mending:

If my math is correct, Healing Signet is the choice for straight healing. Mending still provides a solid middle of the road heal as well as now removing 3 condis. Healing Surge brings the extra utility of adrenaline control combined with the ability to get a really, really solid heal at full adrenaline.

I love math

tPvP Warrior
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Cogbyrn.7283

Oh.
Snap.

Healing Surge:

Mending:

Thanks for the initial assessment, Veritas. I think my main concern with Healing Signet would be the impact Poison has on it, assuming Poison would reduce the HPS of the passive. At least with Mending it’ll cure Poison before the heal goes off (if memory serves, and if you aren’t caked with condis), and Healing Surge could be timed to try to avoid poison, or remove poison with another ability before healing.

I’m still excited to play with it. I love me some options, and with my general “hit-and-run” playstyle of going in and out of fights, a high static regen could be just what the doctor ordered.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

hmm could be time to replace my soldier armor pieces with some clerics

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Veritas.6071

Oh.
Snap.

Healing Surge:

Mending:

Thanks for the initial assessment, Veritas. I think my main concern with Healing Signet would be the impact Poison has on it, assuming Poison would reduce the HPS of the passive. At least with Mending it’ll cure Poison before the heal goes off (if memory serves, and if you aren’t caked with condis), and Healing Surge could be timed to try to avoid poison, or remove poison with another ability before healing.

I’m still excited to play with it. I love me some options, and with my general “hit-and-run” playstyle of going in and out of fights, a high static regen could be just what the doctor ordered.

Yep, I agree. If you can get your Healing Surge off without being poisoned, it’s an ultra strong heal. Also, combined with Restorative strength, Mending can cleanse up to 7 conditions every 20 seconds. Plus, you have the added security of the CC condis being stripped beforehand; which helps Mending dig even deeper to root out poison and those other damage condis.

(edited by Veritas.6071)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

You know what this means,

get ready for an inflow of would be Warriors,

can’t wait to watch them flop.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

You know what this means,

get ready for an inflow of would be Warriors,

can’t wait to watch them flop.

Cant be worse then you.

BURN!!!!! – Kelso

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Btw.. i guess Daecollo got what he asked for in terms of healing

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I am just waiting for him to waltz in and say one of the following:

• “Mending is still crap”
  • “Healing Signet active needs buffing”
  • “Healing Surge needs better scaling”

But yes, I would have to agree with the notion that Healing Surge at stage 3 is going to be in the ballpark of 10k and not 14k.

I would think that this puts Healing Signet as the top choice for PvE, with some serious competition between Mending and Healing Surge for PvP, especially if you start considering Restorative Strength.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I am just waiting for him to waltz in and say one of the following:

• “Mending is still crap”
  • “Healing Signet active needs buffing”
  • “Healing Surge needs better scaling”

Rofl

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Lighthammer.3280

Lighthammer.3280

While other professions get strait up buffs, warriors get bug fixes and animation fixes. You can’t be serious and think that a minor buff to healing skills will make warrior viable.

It’s all nice but I still wait to see a decent core buff that would actually make warriors up to par with others.

Well, I guess I will have to wait for next patch and hope there will be something worthwhile.

Yay warrior buffs

in Warrior

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

While other professions get strait up buffs, warriors get bug fixes and animation fixes. You can’t be serious and think that a minor buff to healing skills will make warrior viable.

Everypony and their mother has been complaining about how our heals are crap.

You’ll just have to wait and see.